Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Vote:Quints

Are you allowed to respond when someone votes you depending on what they say. If so, please respond to bananas.

Fos:Quints

Are you allowed to respond when someone FOSes you depending on what they say. If so, please respond to apples.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Kinetic »

veerus wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
re: mod lynch - I've expressed my thoughts on the subject back on page 2 or 3.. I'm against it as I expect mod lynching to be a bad thing after being a good thing the past 2 games
Or maybe he wants you to...etc. etc. etc.
Either way.. only one of us will end up being right.
Yes.. but I don't think there is any rush to find out right now honestly...
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:28 am

Post by Kinetic »

vote:quints
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by Kinetic »

This time I'm bound to doom us all:

HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR

Vote: Tar

Die Punisher SK die.

You FOOL! This cannot be! I AM INVINCIBLE!

(Wait a minute... uh-oh... ) - Tar
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by Kinetic »

veerus wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Why are you numbering your posts, has?
Question remains unanswered...

What are the odds of Tar's role PM being misleading (i.e.: could Nat also be a player despite Tar's PM specifically saying he's not?)

Also, wasn't there a time stasis ability in MS1 where any actions against the affected player would be delayed by a day or two? What are the odds of something similar happening with night actions and us getting slammed with a double whammy tomorrow night?

Anyway, I don't think Tar killed TCS. If I'm reading his role PM correctly, he can only kill people if there are
at most
3 members of anti-town factions left. Since we haven't killed any scum yet, this implies that in a 30-player game, there are only 3 (or less) scum... which makes no sense. Sure he's an SK, but he's harmless at this point. (unless I'm missing something?) I say we lynch XssX/Seraphim.

Of course, he did say something about cults... From a balance stand-point, is 3 scum + cult balanced?
I'm not going back and reading it, but if I remember correctly it was his ultimate that required 3 or less scum alive, while his kill is exactly like Nat's Punisher role (named Tar) ability from MS2.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Vi wrote:I can't tell if Context is here for comic relief or something else.
Something else I think. But I'm not sure. I'm hoping Tar will eventually tell me. Either way comic relief isn't scummy.
Vi wrote:
Context 751 wrote:I have reason to believe that the BACK UP MOD is a player in the game.
I'll call your bluff on this one.
Bluff? That would assume I know for sure that Nat isn't in the game.

I'll admit, though, the lack of wrap around did throw me off. Maybe he isn't in the game.

I figured because of Tar's role PM, if Nat is in the game, it would only be after Tar is killed.

Someone has Mod powers now, after all, what is to say that when Tar dies that Nat becomes a player?

I've re-read Tar's role a few times, and I'm still not sure. It reads pretty directly that Nat isn't in the game...

Unvote

I've got almost no scum reads right now and I have no idea what to do next...
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Kinetic »

Vote:Kinetic
(DGB)

I just dropped the alt. I obviously cannot stick with it.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Kinetic »

populartajo wrote:I might or might not be a power role.
Congrats. In a game with no vanilla you just claimed you might be vanilla.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Kairyuu wrote:Damnit Xyl. I was hoping that no one would decide to try accusing me of that.

Alright. I suppose I have to claim now then. I am not Chairman Mao. I am Haruhi Suzumiya, from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I do have the Dreams of Reality actions, which I am forced to use each twilight.

The reason that I suspected TehVariable of being Mao was because the Dreams of Reality actions in this game are completely different from the ones in the previous two games. The ability that I used on Twilight 1 is called "Where did the cat go?" Last twilight I tried to use "Wandering Shadow" and "The Day of Sagittarius." I do not know what any of my powers do, so I'm just picking at random the ones that sound cool. My Twilight 2 powers were both blocked.

I was hoping that TehVariable (assuming him being Mao) would point out that my role also had the Whack-a-mole power in MS I. Essentially, I was hoping that TehVariable would claim Haruhi, so that I could counterclaim and out him.

I was hoping to keep this information to myself until I had met the first condition of my ultimate, since as long as I could get the town to agree to the second condition, it would activate even if I died. The first condition though, is that my Dreams ability activates at least 4 times. The second criteria is to have all living players origin claim. If these two things both happen, then Tar will roll a six sided die in thread. On a 1-2, the players who are lying about their origins will be named. On a 3-4, the
number
of players who lied about their origin will be revealed, and the role name of 1 of the scum will be revealed. On a 5-6, the role names of 3 of the scum will be revealed, and the player name of one of them will be revealed.

I have very little chance of meeting my first ultimate condition now, since I must survive, and not be roleblocked, for three more Days. The second criteria, as I said, can be fulfilled after my death and the ultimate will still resolve.

Here's the interesting part, which will probably get me lynched. My role name, unlike in MS I, is not Townie Dreaming God. It is Neutral Dreaming God. This means, yes, that my alignment is neutral.
However
, my role is not inherently anti-town, I win and leave the game, just like Yos2 from MS I when I meet my win conditions. My win condition is twofold, just like my ultimate condition. I must successfully activate my Dreams of Reality action 5 times, and Chairman Mao must be dead. This is why I jumped on the possible Mao-tell when I saw it. I wanted to get this part of my win condition finished.

So yeah. If I stay alive for 3 more Days, and you all origin claim, then you get info from the mod. If I survive 4 more days, and Mao dies, then I leave the game on my own.

I'm curious to see the reactions to this, because I have essentially just put my life in the town's hands. Do you lynch me because I am a neutral, and lose the information from my ultimate? Do you keep me alive for my ultimate and then lynch me to keep me from winning? Do you keep me alive until I fulfill my win condition and leave the game on my own? It is in everyone else's hands now.
I don't think we have to do anything. You're more danger to the scum then the town... If you survive, lucky you.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:35 pm

Post by Kinetic »

If I were scum I would be doing nearly exactly what DGB is doing.

I might not if I was town. I might fight it harder so the town doesn't waste an investicaiton.

I have a difficult time placing DGB's alignment, but the last two times I thought she was scum, she was indeed scum. I kind of think she is now, so I'm going to continue to push for her investigation.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Stef wrote:Let's imagine the following hypothetical situation:

A player is considered scummy.
That person is town.
A unique opportunity to investigate that person appears.
That person tries to avoid getting investigated so the town doesn't waste an investigation.
People see the reluctance to get investigated as a genuine good intention to help the town?

That's a logical fallacy and you appear to be biased. I don't like how you are ok with the idea of wasting an investigation based on your gut. How is that good for the town?

I think we should choose the scummiest player to investigate and at the moment DGB, although with some shady things, doesn't look like the best target for me. I, personally, would chose Tajo for the investigation as he has been more reluctant to answer anything so far and has been acting very weird indeed.

That's why i will do the following:

Vote Seraphim
(tajo)
It becomes a logical fallacy only if you simplify it like that so much. Not only that, but the whole "hypothetical situation" is greatly flawed because it is too simple. There are many other factors at play and you ignoring them is far scummier than the conclusion you then come to because of it.

What I said was this: I don't know if I always trust my reads on DGB, but I read her as scum.

I feel tajo is very scummy, but I'd prefer to investigate DGB because it is harder to place her based only on play.

I never said 'gut' thank you very much.

As for bias. What are you talking about? What kind of bias could I have here?

Second, I don't believe it is a 'waste' of an investigation. You might, perhaps, if it was used on someone you didn't think needed to be investigated, but I don't have those feelings.

Plus, my personal view on investigations is they shouldn't be used on the scummiest person. Mainly because scummy players are more likely to be lynched without a guilty investigation, and that the investigation should be used on mid-range scummy players who you aren't sure about and whom a guilty investigation will be a lot more revealing for.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:26 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Stef wrote:I think it's still flawed. You never said gut but you said "I kind of think she is now". That isn't really a rationality is it? That's why i counted it off as gut.

Biased = "the last two times I thought she was scum, she was indeed scum. I kind of think she is now."

Anyway, this might just be me nitpicking since i've noticed lately that i overdo it a lil bit when i get tangled in details and start quote wars because of it and get totally derailed.

I'm fine either way. I prefer Tajo.
And you are backing your views up with iron-clad facts? My argument is just as rational as yours.

Bias: You might have a case if I were trying to lynch her based off that. I'm not. The reason I want to investigate is because I want to see how well I do know and this is a great way to test it.

Either way, I wouldn't cry if tajo was picked, but I'd prefer DGB because she is so hard to read.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:08 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Pesco47 wrote:Pick someone other than DGB. it'll be redundant with my action.

I'd prefer to have the people I target still be alive when my ultimate triggers for maximum effect. Feel free to speculate wether it's a mass delayed-vig or something crazy, I won't be telling.
o.O

You're right. You make a good case sir.

Unvote;Vote:populartajo
(Pesco47)
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:50 pm

Post by Kinetic »

populartajo wrote:Kay guys, you win.
My ultimate goes online when I am the first, second or third vote on the wagon of an anti-town player.
I am leaving a big part of my role to myself. It will all make sense when my role PM is posted by the mod.
Now, can we investigate other person?
people voting for Tajo wrote:Vi, dahill1, Stef, Kinetic, Machiavellian-Mafia, Xylthixlm, hasdgfas, hasdgfas, TehVariable, qwints
Specially one from this list?
Umm, mod I should be voting for Tsjo, not the person above him, so my carryover vote is on Pesco
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Kinetic »

Vi wrote:
populartajo 924 wrote:
people voting for Tajo wrote:Vi, dahill1, Stef, Kinetic, Machiavellian-Mafia, Xylthixlm, hasdgfas, hasdgfas, TehVariable, qwints
lol, OMGUS. If you're going to try that line of thought, why not look beyond yourself at who was on BOTH your wagon and DGb's wagon? (Xyl, Kinetic,
TehVariable
)

Since I think a few people are going to be on your case to make sure you're one of the first three people on any wagon from now on, I think your claim works for now. So...

Unvote: whoever
Vote: Machiavellian-Mafia
(Kinetic)
I was never on Pop's wagon. I voted Pop, but intended the vote to carry over to Pesco, read the post:
Kinetic wrote:
Pesco47 wrote:Pick someone other than DGB. it'll be redundant with my action.

I'd prefer to have the people I target still be alive when my ultimate triggers for maximum effect. Feel free to speculate wether it's a mass delayed-vig or something crazy, I won't be telling.
o.O

You're right. You make a good case sir.

Unvote;Vote:populartajo
(Pesco47)
I only noticed the mod made a mistake when Pop had my name on his list and I said to myself "I never voted pop, wtf"
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (isolation #15) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Kinetic »

populartajo wrote:Kay guys, you win.
My ultimate goes online when I am the first, second or third vote on the wagon of an anti-town player.
I am leaving a big part of my role to myself. It will all make sense when my role PM is posted by the mod.
Now, can we investigate other person?
I wonder if Whack-a-Mole would have any effect on this ultimate condition. (i.e. We still technically 'lynch' someone, except they don't die... )

Don't think it would hurt to test that at least, no?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (isolation #16) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I, for one, will not claim anything until pressured by lynch or if there are 7 or fewer people alive. Either way it is a moot point, if kair doesn't get nked the scum are idiots.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (isolation #17) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Who is to say that Mao can't be neutral? I agree with DGB completely. Whack someone else and lynch kair if we don't hit scum on the whack.

I'm posting from my ipod so my post is unfortuantly short until I get home much later tonight.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Kinetic »

Ooo Kairyuu, please stop the omgus ad hominid attacks. They make me much more likely to push your lynch and not care if its a mislynch.

First, I have a few play discrepancies from you that I would like you to answer for. I haven't had my computer for a few days and have only been able to keep up from my tiny little iPod and making large posts from that are quite impossible.

So, without further ado:
Kairyuu wrote:Ok. I've been doing some serious thinking, and here is what I have decided:

@TehVariable: Explain your role. Immediately. I have reason to believe that you are Chairman Mao. You have used a power that was one of his powers in MS II. Regardless of the fact that it is a pro-town power, if you are Chairman Mao, you need to be removed so that we can see the rules. Therefore, I think we should lynch you when we are finished with the investigation lynch.

@all: Please allow TehVariable to respond to this post before you guys give your input.
First, your primary move this game-day is the push to "out" Chairman Mao. Your first point is that this person used an ability that Chairman Mao used, however, you later contradict yourself by saying:
Kairyuu wrote:I attempted to use "Wandering Shadow" and "The Day of Sagittarius" Twilight 2, but they failed to work.
Hmm... were you really blocked?
Kairyuu wrote:It's not a massclaim. It's an origin claim. A single origin claim. Granted, it needs to be followed by other origin claims, but the result is a pro-town ultimate activating to give the town useful information (if I survive long enough).
Now, you call me out here:
Kairyuu wrote:Kinetic-scum is agreeing with his buddy DGB in 1030, and is just as wrong.
Kairyuu wrote:
Kinetic fell for the gambit that was hidden within my original claim. When there is a pro-town ultimate on the table, and a massclaim is required for it to activate, then it is much more likely that the scum will resist than the town. Kinetic saying that he will not claim unless wagoned to a near-lynch is scummy. I suggest he be looked at more closely.
This is for being against the origin claim.

Gambit? You make a gambit, within a gambit, within a gambit, within a cookie, that has been baked to a crisp in an Easy Bake Oven? (I've had the Pineapple Pie, there is no way a light bulb can cook a pie!)

Please. There is no gambit here, at least not one to catch scum.

First, let me explain why I am against any form of Mass Claim:

Punisher roles.

The first Punisher Role Tar made was in MSII. It punished Ability claiming. The second two he made for B5 punished No-Lynches (indecisive townies) and Race-claims.

I personally have been for or against Mass claims, depending on the game, but generally in little-to-no information games I am generally against them.

My record,
I was for mass claim in Mafia 68: I was town, town won.
I was against Mass Claim in Raj's freaktown, I was town, I won the game (town didn't win that game, I won that game.)
I pushed the mass race claim in B5, this was possibly a huge mistake, but the punisher role who was supposed to stop this was asleep at the wheel. If the game didn't have faction win-conditions I'm pretty sure town would have won.

I've carefully evaluated this game, and I'm completely against any form of Mass claim (be it origin, ability, etc etc) until we know more information about the possibility of serious repercussions.

I am also not afraid to stand against a clearly anti-town idea, even if the town impression is that its a pro-town idea.

Either way, since your claim, you've done NOTHING to try and help the town. In fact, you've been pandering the scum not to kill you and in return you will help THEM out!
Kairyuu wrote:@all: I just realized something. I may actually be able to make it to a win in this game (or at least to my ultimate) if you guys don't lynch me. If I remember correctly, in the other games, some of the Dreams powers were more helpful to the scum than the town. Given that I have horrible luck in guessing this type of thing, I'm sure that if I'm left alive I will end up hitting a few of those (and yes, this is a shameless attempt to keep myself alive and unblocked :P )
Kairyuu wrote:for scum:
Killing me wastes the kill for the day, and brings them no closer to winning, whereas killing a townie brings them closer to a win.
While I do believe, somewhat, that you are neutral, I also believe you are acting anti-town in an attempt to save your life and win condition and are completely OK with causing the town hardship and misery to achieve you win condition if it means the scum will let you live.

And the truth is, the scum don't need to lynch or NK you, if you remove yourself from the game, it is like they effectively get 2 NKs for one when you "win". Its win-win for them. You cause nothing but problem for the town AND the scum get a free player removed from the game. The only thing worse would be if you stuck around and helped the scum MORE!

You're not above using deception and trickery to achieve your goals. You're acting like scum, you're pandering to scum, and you are not, through action, in any way helping the town. As such, I fully believe you should be lynched. Not because of any policy, but because you are a detriment to the town's chances of winning the game, and that is something I cannot stand.

GOOD DAY SIR!
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Kinetic »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Kinetic wrote:Ooo Kairyuu, please stop the omgus ad hominid attacks. They make me much more likely to push your lynch
and not care if its a mislynch.
Did you really need to post the bold?

Un-FoS: DrippingGoofball
FoS: Kinetic
Yes. I'm unrepentant about possible mislynches when the person on the other end of the lynch hammer is acting like that. I prefer a very civil game and when people start acting like that I want to lynch them no matter what their role/alignment and no matter my role/alignment.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (isolation #20) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Kinetic »

Curious.
Vote:Stef
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Waiting for Tajo to vote Kair before I vote him.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Kairyuu wrote:@Kinetic: Didn't tajo say that he had to be at that position on the wagon of scum? If so, there is no point waiting, since I am not scum.
Sounds like something scum would say.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Kairyuu wrote:@Kinetic: So now you decide to act like DGB and ignore reason? Fine, I will disregard your posts as well. It is a given that you will vote me, just like it is a given that DGB will. I only hope that you, like her, are capable of leaving grudges from one game in that one game.
I'll thank you for having such faith in me -.-;;;.

Either way the reason I'm ignoring your floundering is because I've said my peace and made my decision. Nothing you say/do now will change my mind.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by Kinetic »

pop, you have NO CHOICE now.

Put up or shut up. Vote Kair because he is most likely going to be the lynch and that means you need to be voting him now.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (isolation #25) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Vote:Malt

Die Scum Die.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (isolation #26) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Kairyuu wrote:-I have a scum punishing power, which allows me to be told the alignments of all players who lie about their origins (so this one punishes lying in one form)
Prove it:

I do not know my Origin.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (isolation #27) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Kinetic »

Dahill I'd like to know why you suddenly got very scared of Kairyuu when he made his third claim.

Your sudden change was very disturbing and I'd like an explanation. Particularly one that points to you not being scum or survivor.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (isolation #28) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Kinetic »

Interesting. Pesco didn't die but DGB did...

Pesco can we get some comments please?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (isolation #29) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Kinetic »

Pesco47 wrote:If he's a cult leader, what's happening with his recruits?
Last game the cult leader gave the recruits extra WCs but didn't take away their old ones. In that game the cult condition was a game ending in a no lynch. No idea what it would be for this game but I'd suspect something similar.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (isolation #30) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:00 am

Post by Kinetic »

I'm curious because if Pesco didn't kill DGB, how can we be sure it was the Mod-SK? The Mod-SK was already dead...

Unless the Mod-SK can come back to life? That makes no sense... Mod... Reviver... ... ...

Vote:Tar
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (isolation #31) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Kinetic »

Pesco47 wrote:Mod's pretty dead from the first post. Now that we know there's scum to be found, do we want to bust out my ultimate and see if I've hit any of them? I doubt I'll be NK'd by anti-town any time soon, so we'll have to go by lynch or a vig.

My targets again, in order: qwints, Variable, DGB (moot), Xyl
Well, maybe, but I don't think its a good idea to go right now. I've still got some questions I want to ponder and ask some questions of other people before we get that far.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (isolation #32) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Kinetic »

I'm a little pissed I didn't trust my gut on DGB again. Even when she was voting herself I was saying "She's so scum"...
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (isolation #33) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Shit, I forgot.

HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR

You FOOL! You've doomed yourself! - Tar
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (isolation #34) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Kinetic »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:
Kinetic wrote:Shit, I forgot.

HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR

You FOOL! You've doomed yourself! - Tar
I thought this is supposed to be a joke?
The fact that Tar is having just as much fun with this as I am should be proof enough its a joke :P.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (isolation #35) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:Kinetic, are you mafia?
No.

Ironically enough, yesterday I would have answered this question differently :P.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (isolation #36) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:...

Okay, I'll bite. Why would you have answered it differently yesterday, and what answer would you have given?
lol.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (isolation #37) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Kinetic »

Something like vote for a rule to be lynched?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (isolation #38) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by Kinetic »

unvote;vote:hasdgfas
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (isolation #39) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Kinetic »

lol.

I was just placing my vote randomly because there was little discussion. I thought TV looked a little scummy (and I must have missed where was OMGBBQConfirmed), and felt like voting him.

Probably the reason I didn't get any flack (except for the blatent overreaction from TV) is because I always have reasons for voting someone, and when I vote someone without a reason, there is usually a reason why. I certainly didn't anticipate such a nice response from TV, but I can't say I didn't laugh quite a few times.

@TehVariable

Couple of questions for you, if you don't mind:

When were you confirmed? How were you confirmed? I missed it, and I'm sure you know where it was better than I do and I'd prefer not to go digging for it.

Second, why cult? Some people have called me scum all game, now you narrow me as cult, or with cult like behaivior. May I ask why?

@Tajo

Yes, I've noticed your clear tunnel vision on me, and somewhat have dismissed it, because honestly it has little-to-no reasoning behind it. But also because truthfully I wasn't sure about my role... No I will not explain further than I am comfortable with here.

Question: You've thought me scummy all game, does this mean you believe I'm mafia? If so, what are the chances of me being cult in your eyes (assuming mafia cannot be recruited). What are the chances of me being cult assuming the opposite(assuming mafia can be recruited).

I am of the belief that perhaps mafia can't be (based on DGB's resonse to Pesco's targeting), but in Tar's last game (B5) mafia COULD be recruited by the cult.

Finally, Tajo, how would your opinion of me change if the first 3 days I didn't post at all and just entered the game today?

@SC

If I told you that lynching Mao would not be a good thing, what would you think?

@Pesco

I'm still not entirely sure about lynching you. Yesterday I wanted to lynch or check you because I still wasn't sure about your ability and faction. I thought (and still sort of do) that you could be a scum bomb of some sort)

With DGB dead, I no longer think you're a mafia bomb, but it certainly could be another type of bomb (a cult bomb, something I'm not thinking about), so I'm a little wary.

Oddly enough, the more townie I feel about you, the more I kind of want to lynch you and kind of don't. Maybe I want you to get one more target, but maybe I don't want this time of power to exist for too long... maybe the scum are thinking the same thing and perhaps once killing you is beneficial to them they will...

---

Some little things to get off my chest, and some of the things I've been bread crumbing...

First, my ultimate activated when this day began.

Second, my ultimate, is virtually useless...

I hate Tar. He's a bastard mod.

Third, my ultimate was: I get my real role PM... I shit you not.

If you guys have read what I can do with a lot of information on the set-up (see Freaktown and B5), given enough information I can break a set-up.

Ironically my role PM this game gave me NO information... When the game began it literally said "You don't know what you are. Have fun!"

It also said the conditions of my ultimate activating.

So from days 1-3 I was basically playing a survivor role, sort of. I didn't want to commit myself to anything until I knew my alignment, and I felt there were three possibilities.

One, I was a scum fo some sort (Delayed Activating Mafia?), Two, I was a very powerful townie that needed some time to 'power-up' (Maybe an ability or two that were game-breaking early but not so much late game), or three, I was a vanilla townie and Tar was just messing with me.

Well... I am town... The rest, well, yea, I can't explain that right now. But I thought this information would give some insight to people who thoguht I was playing differently than normal. I was. But I also want them to realize I was playing differently than I do when I am scum too.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (isolation #40) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by Kinetic »

hp [leaves] wrote:Kinetic what was the condition for your ultimate?
Why would I tell you that? ;-) My ultimate activated. That's all you need to know. Telling you more could leave me open and I'd like to avoid that.

Interesting power role though. Able to kill people if you know the condition for their ultimate activation...

BRB...

Interesting... DGB did claim an ultimate condition and that her ultimate went off...

Maybe a punisher role...

FOS:hp
Xylthixlm wrote:Second hp[leaves]'s question: Kinetic, what was the condition for your ultimate?
I'd FOS you two normally, but in this game FOSes must mean something since can't have two out at once.

So,
HoS:Xyl

Xylthixlm wrote:
Kinetic wrote:If you guys have read what I can do with a lot of information on the set-up (see Freaktown and B5), given enough information I can break a set-up.
Are you suggesting a mass claim?
*goes back and re-reads my own post*

Nope. I never said Mass Claim at all there...

I wonder how you got the idea that I did...

Unvote;Vote:Cephrir
(Xyl)
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (isolation #41) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:If you don't want a mass claim, why the comment about "given enough information"?
Usually the information I gain is from my own role PM. From there I determine the best course of action.

In Freaktown I knew there was a cult (which ended up not mattering), I knew that my own "Ultimate" could turn the game around for the town if I could get it to activate, and I figured out a few things about the game from a little deductive reasoning, such as the mafia teams had to all be the same sex or else they could break the 'children mechanic', who the alcohol refiner was the night the mafia killed her (also at the same time I think that Tar figured it out, as she was killed THAT NIGHT), and determined the entire scum group because they over stretched themselves to try and win the game. In the end, that's why we won that game.

In B5, I knew two of the racial win conditions from my role PM, and I also knew another town player in a different factional WC. I then was able to learn a second factional win condition from Nat. From deductive reasoning I was able to figure out that there had to be a link between the factional and racial win conditions in order to keep the game balanced. In that game I did call for a racial mass claim in order to help me figure out who belonged to which faction. In the end it didn't exactly work though, as Tar had both a punisher role against the race claim and in the end the racial win conditions were too much a hurdle to overcome for the town to win (there should have been much fewer of them, maybe three).

However, if I wanted a mass claim, I'd ask for a mass claim. I'm usually very blunt with that sort of thing. In this case, I do not want one, nor do I think its needed...

I still think that I don't have a lot of information, and truthfully I'm not very strong a player without at least some information about the set up and the like, but at this point a mass claim is not warranted. Not with the information I have. If something comes to light, perhaps my view will change.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (isolation #42) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:07 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I think Tar lied. I don't think he killed TCS...

I'm not sure yet what that means... Just... the pieces don't fit. I keep re-reading Tar's role PM and both of TCS's posts... I can't figure out what word or phase TCS said that could be interpreted as an ability name. And it CLEARLY states in Tar's PM that the player needs to say the word in the thread in order for his ability to be able to kill the person.

I might have believe Tar back when TCS was first killed, but the DGB kill has me perplexed. He was dead by then, he couldn't have made that kill...

Unless the ability works similar to how the ability of the same name worked in the anime/manga it came from. In that case, I suppose he could have made the DGB kill before he died, just that it was delayed... but it still doesn't make sense.

Can anyone find something I missed there? I'd appreciate a couple of more eyes on the issue...
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (isolation #43) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Kinetic »

populartajo wrote:Xyl, what are the odds of you being culted?
Same question to Kin?
That's a stupid question. 0%...

And its would always be 0% for myself. I know what I am, and its not cult.

If you ask me the percentage that Xyl is culted... Honestly I think it's about 10-20%. Trying to find cult is like trying to find a SK. Its very difficult to determine if someone is scum hunting with a motive or not. It is a especially difficult because of the recruit mechanic of cult. The fact that a player was not always part of the cult means that their play is not indicative of their new alignment throughout the entire game.

Pretty good catch Xyl on the DGB. Did not remember that. Maybe that was all Tar's kills, I just couldn't find that stuff.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (isolation #44) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:09 am

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Pesco47 wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
dahill1, Asuka Langley Soryuu (from Neon Genesis Evangelion), Townie Bodyguard, Excommunicated Day 3
veerus, Georgia Lass (from Dead Like Me), Townie Speaker for the Dead, Mysteriously Died Day 3
So which of these 2 would be the likely one?
Which player claimed that something really good would happen for the town if the town did something moderately unusual, even if the player in question was already dead?
Interesting find there. Good call.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (isolation #45) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:10 am

Post by Kinetic »

Pesco47 wrote:If Tar can still kill, then I should let him off me when I've got a long enough target list.
If Tar can still kill everyone should claim the Mafia Safeclaim ability and since he can only kill if you actually have that ability then he can only kill mafia.

I didn't think about that until Tar was already dead.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (isolation #46) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Kinetic »

O yea, I don't think anyone is going to die because of this and I'm not asking everyone to claim it, lol, but honestly, if I had realized it yesterday I might have stopped the Tar lynch/vig.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (isolation #47) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Kinetic »

Alright, my mouse isn't working, so I'm working on limited resources right now.

Unvote
I can't check, but I want to vote for M-M, but I'm not sure who is above him.

Regardless, even I think the mafia falseclaim idea won't actually work, but if you're unwilling to say it is blatantly obvious its because you have something to lose if it does work. Let's lynch this scumbag, alright?

Either that or we smack Pesco and let his bomb-vig type ability go off.

Pop: please vote M-M so we can get this show on the road and see if you can clear yourself since one of the scum bags outed themselves.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (isolation #48) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Kinetic »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:
Kinetic wrote:Regardless, even I think the mafia falseclaim idea won't actually work, but if you're unwilling to say it is blatantly obvious its because you have something to lose if it does work. Let's lynch this scumbag, alright?
Misrepresentation. I never said anything like "no, I will not not say it under any circumstances". My view was I didn't see benefits, but now I look at it the other way I don't see drawbacks either.
Nor did I say that you said that either. However, what you said was indicitive of someone with something to hide. While you didn't see any benefits, for the town view it was easy to see there was no possible way this could hurt you. However, unless you are careful, if you are not in a town state of mind you'll immediately notice that there is a disadvantage. The fact that there is little chance of benefit, and the possibility of a severe disadvantage (giving a SK free reign to kill, but only scum), its easy to try and dismiss it without realising the predicament dismissing it would put you into.

The fact that you even stated "Because Tar is not in the game" means that you thought about the possibility of someone else having the same or a similar power.

I'm sorry, for this mental slip I have no choice but to make sure you are lynched.

vote:electra
(M-M)
unfos;FOS:M-M
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (isolation #49) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:I can't remember why Kinetic has to die either, but I'm sure there was a reason.

unvote Kinetic
(malthusis)
vote Machiavellian-Mafia
(Kinetic)
lol
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (isolation #50) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Kinetic »

For those of you who forgot, M-M claimed scum.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (isolation #51) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:Kinetic now you are really reaching for something that isn't there.
unvote, vote: Machiavellian-Mafia
(Kinetic)
No, its there. I'm sure of it.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (isolation #52) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:26 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I know M-M is scum, and despite Variable being "proven" town by virtue of being FL, I still can't shake the suspicions I have of her. I can think of a few ways having effectively a "double-alignment" character could work, principal among them being the scum side not having any information on the scum before the town side dies or something.

As it stands, FL's double character is interesting, but weird as town/town. Certainly possible, but just weird.

Even so I'm not wanting to test that exactly. Problem being she's already on Pesco's list...

I really don't want Pesco's list growning any further, and either way, if we do no lynch you today Pesco DO NOT EVER tell us your list again. I don't want scum using you as a bomb that they know how it will explode. All we need is them thinking they can take the losses for the amount of townies they'll kill. At least give them a bit of a threat that they don't know all the targets.

I also wonder if now that DGB is not on the list (by virtue of death) if the scum will NK him to kill what could be 3 or 4 townies (can't remember the whole list and don't want to search for it right now)...

As for my supposed "needing to die". Please. I explained some points that were brought about me before, and if you're too lazy to re-read enough to remember your reasoning for voting me them I'm too lazy to re-post them.

M-M's scum, so I know why he's on it. The invisible voter seems like a survivor, so he'll go with any flow. FL I have my doubts on so it could go either way, and I can't remember Xyl or hp's contributions to this game.

I'll look them up but I seem to remember something on Xyl... Not sure if its good or bad.

Finally, in closing, I'm still unsure of the move we should make. I know M-M is scum so lynching hi isn't bad, but if we're going to blow up Pesco its now or never....

I REALLY don't want Pesco in the late game though. God, I hate this...

unvote;vote:pop
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1376 (isolation #53) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:38 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:I've made more than twice as many posts as Kinetic and he "can't remember my contributions to this game". :roll:
Yea, too many of your posts are one line, not providing much to remember. Many of your longer ones are quote hogs which I tend to skim.

Its also a long game with very many people, and very quick days. So yea, between that, the 4 day break, and classes starting up I've conveniently forgotten some of my thoughts on you.

I can tell you though, just by what I've read in the last day, you're not looking so good. -.-
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (isolation #54) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Kinetic »

hasdgfas wrote: Post 1275 - Kinetic: FoSing people because they want to know something that already happened? And using DGB as an example when WE KNOW HOW SHE DIED? Horrible post. Oh, and voting Xyl because he wants clarification? I thought the same thing he did about you suggesting mass claim. I really hate this whole post.
Congrats on your framing. Very nicely done. I really like how you decided your suspects first, and then built the cases around them to confirm your bias, instead of, you know, reading the game to find the suspects and scum hunting. But that's OK. I'll break down you're little game.

First off: Congrats on knowing exactly how DGB died and being so sure of yourself. When I entered this game the first thing I did was read MS1 and MS2, then I left a lot of my own preconceived notions at the door. What does that mean for this post? That means never taking anything at face value. At that time I wasn't sure exactly how DGB died. I didn't think that Tar could kill her AFTER he died. Because remember, Tar didn't make it into the night phase, he was day-vigged before that could happen. And if he could kill after he died, what was stopping him from continuing to do so?

Knowing what you and I know now, and what has been reasoned out, if I had made that post NOW, yes it would be odd, but at the time I made it by my own past mind set, those things were still possible and thus the foundation of my reasoning was faulty, thus despite having good reasoning from it, the final conclusion was false.

And I didn't vote Xyl in that post because he wanted clarification. You misunderstand. I voted him because I felt like he was trying to place a tag on me, particularly that mass claim one. The reason I'm so abhorred by said tag is because of my own actions in B5 with mass claims. I definitely didn't want that tag on me, and I voted because I felt he was trying to do that to me.
hasdgfas wrote: Post 1295 - Kinetic: This is a terrible idea -_-. Tar is dead. This is stupid. Really stupid.
I really hate being called stupid. I also really hate when someone calls something I say stupid or me stupid because of it.

Yes, I was ignorant about certain things, and still there are some things I don't quite know about the game. But because you might know them and I don't doesn't mean you get to act superior.

I didn't know exactly how Night Actions resolved, principally because I don't have any Night Actions for which to resolve, nor have I ever played in a Tar game where I have had any Night actions. Thus, I couldn't understand how Tar, who was already dead at the time, could kill DGB, even though I suspected he killed her but wasn't sure.

Thus, in that light, I thought up the possibility that perhaps Tar didn't need to be alive to kill. On that note, that is where my thoughts came from, and in that case the plan would be ingenious, not stupid as you say.
hasdgfas wrote: Post 1330 - Kinetic: No, it's not that refusing to say it means there's something to lose, but there's nothing to gain. If you can convince me that there is a positive, I'll go along, but I don't see it. TAR IS DEAD. There are no positives at all.
See, this is that 20/20 Hindsight thing, again. You have it now. I didn't then when I made the post. Neither did M-M. At the time, I still believed it was certainly possible that Tar could kill from the grave, so to speak. Anyone who also believe it had reason not to state the words. Its a MAJOR slip, and one that is completely mental. Its one that I WON'T let go of, and its very obvious that if the mafia can daytalk (which based on what I know of Tar games with the converted twilight setup, they can) that perhaps one of his buddies told him to change his answer quick.

The fact that so suddenly after this I'm being targeted so ruthlessly is making me wonder if I'm VERY on target and that one or another of the people pushing for me is scum as well trying to discredit me.
hasdgfas wrote: Post 1363 - Kinetic: No he didn't.
I disagree. But your defense of him is noted.
hasdgfas wrote: Post 1373 - Kinetic: If FL is controlling two people, how does it make sense that they're of different alignment? You don't know that MM is scum -_-
Like I said, I'm still wrestling with this myself, but something just ISN'T right here, and I cannot put my finger on it...

Maybe she was fully scum all along with a reverse-miller on first death half?

Something isn't right, and I refuse to clear TehVarible/FL JUST because they happen to be the same person. This role is FAR from normal, and borderline illegal. There has to be a catch somewhere, and the fact that so many people are giving her a free pass is very annoying. In any other game, maybe, but giving anyone a free pass in a Mind Screw can be deadly. I simply refuse to make that mistake.
hasdgfas wrote:Post 1376 - Kinetic: One-line posts =/= not contributing. One-liners can be the most useful posts in the game.
Nor did I say that one-line posts = not contributing, but I see what you did there. No, what I said was I couldn't REMEMBER his contributions. I'm sorry, I'm flawed. My memory is not perfect. You try remembering 20 some odd unique people and personalities and view points perfectly. He's slipped through the cracks of my mind and I cannot remember exactly what he's done.

The fact that there is not a lot to remember doesn't help the situation, and that is all that I'm saying. If I was accusing him of lurking or not contributing, I would have accused him of that. I did not.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (isolation #55) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:That's a lot of words to say "OMGUS".

Kinetic - Tarhalindur claimed the kill of DGB in the very post where he announced her dead!
And
said why the kill happened despite him being dead. Do you just completely ignore italicized flavor text or what?
Honestly, I didn't notice that. I don't normally skip important text like that, but I usually do skip flavor. I think of it, mostly as static. Useless information and I try not to ever build anything on it because I feel like the mod tries to go out of their way to not reveal anything through flavor.

The fact that this is MS just bit me again though, and if I had been paying more attention I would have noticed that to begin with.
Xylthixlm wrote:
Because remember, Tar didn't make it into the night phase, he was day-vigged before that could happen.
There is no night. If you're as sharp as you claim, I have trouble believing you wouldn't know that.
Do not go there. Don't attack me when you're trying to make a point. I won't have it and its the one thing in the game that will stop me from being detached and having fun; and start getting me seriously pissed off.

The fact is you're arguing semantics and then calling me stupid for not using the exact word/phrase the mod uses.

All actions resolve (for the most part) at the same time, during the "Twilight" Phase. I call this the Night phase because it is like the Night phase in most other Mafia games, where actions all resolve. They accomplish similar items, and therefore, to make things simpler to me I simply think of this game as having a Night phase that is just long enough for actions to all resolve, then we hit the next day.
Xylthixlm wrote:
I didn't know exactly how Night Actions resolved, principally because I don't have any Night Actions for which to resolve, nor have I ever played in a Tar game where I have had any Night actions.
There are no Night Actions. There are only day actions. I find it hard to believe that you have
no
actions, not even an ultimate.
This is you doing it again after I've warned you several times.

1) I've already claimed my ultimate has activated, so therefore how can I claim not to have an ultimate?

2) I have no 'activated' abilities. Therefore I have no actions. I do nothing during the twilight or day phase that requires me to talk to the mod in any way.

3) I do have other abilities, but they work regardless of anything I do and I cannot turn them off.

So yes, I have absolutely no Night Actions or Day Actions, or anything of the sort.

Clear enough for you?

Xylthixlm wrote:Kinetic is scum and needs to die. I'll be putting my vote back on as soon as there's a vote count.
I'm seriously starting to think you're purposely twisting my words to suit your goals, and its starting to look very very scummy.

This isn't OMGUS, I've pointed out several times where you've twisted my words, in fact, I voted you first for it, then you voted me back. If anything is OMGUS, its the attack you're leading against me right now.

Now I'm telling you this now, look back and re-read our whole debate. If you don't see what I see, o well, but don't disregard what I'm saying. If you are town (and the likelihood is dwindling in my opinion) this is going to end up biting you on the ass real soon if you get your wish.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (isolation #56) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Hmm, perhaps someone wants me lynched bad...

As it stands, if no one can unvote, and if SG just wasted her vote (-.-) then that means there are 6 floating votes and if all votes are put in one place they could over come the 5 I have, but more realistically only Xyl and Pesco (who have two votes a piece) could overcome my 6 votes with a consensus.

Odd and interesting...

I'm going to ask if you haven't voted yet not to vote yet so we can at least talk about it. The next person who votes me could possibility be hammering me.

But what happens if everyone votes and we don't actually reach lynch (which seems by the case, I think lynch is at 11 votes, since 20 votes are around)
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (isolation #57) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:17 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:There is no night. If you're as sharp as you claim, I have trouble believing you wouldn't know that.
Kinetic wrote:The fact is you're arguing semantics and then calling me stupid for not using the exact word/phrase the mod uses.
First, I'm not calling you stupid, I'm calling you smart and therefore scum.

Second, it's not a matter of "exact word/phrase". Night actions and day actions which resolve at twilight are
mechanically different
. By calling them night actions you are at best confusing yourself, and at worst trying to confuse the town.
Despite there mechanical differences, the fact is I have never had one to deal with, nor does this role have one. I don't have first hand knowledge of how those differences will work, and can only understand them in the theoretical.

The point stands, however, that from my point-of-view, there is little difference between them. There are some things that one can do and the other can't, and vice versa, but in the end most of the time they act pretty much the same from my end.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (isolation #58) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:33 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:Except for the minor detail that someone who is daykilled or lynched still has their action go through, which, you know, turned out to be kind of relevant to the game. I know you're smart enough to see that, so your denial has to be the result of either cognitive dissonance or flat-out lying.
-.-

I know there is a difference NOW.

I didn't see any difference THEN.

Even now, the difference is minuscule, and if something so odd didn't happen it wouldn't have been an issue.

The fact is, before it was pointed out HOW Tar could still kill after he died, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT COULD HAPPEN. I seriously thought that day killing in this would be just like day killing in other games.

I was previously (and for a large part of today) under the impression that the twilight was effectively your deadline to submit night actions and that you still had to be alive to cause your action to happen. It would like have been you voting someone, I day kill you, and your vote stays on that person for all eternity. It was outside the scope of my understanding and since I missed the part where Tar claimed credit, I had no way of realizing that he did.

I don't understand how, at the time, you can accuse me of knowing that based on what you know now.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (isolation #59) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:40 am

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:Kinetic, what do you think about qwints?
Interesting. He has lurked under the radar quite significantly.

The fake post restriction is interesting in the fact that its, well, useless. It allowed him to skate by the first day, but I can't imagine it working much more than that. By writing it off as part of his ultimate condition, I find it odd...

I think... I might know what his ultimate condition might be... It might be very similar to my own. I kind of want him to claim it, particularly because:

From reading him in isolation he has been very opportunistic, not making very many stands, and brushing off many questions directed at him.

I also would like to hear if his Ultimate condition correctly matches the play we observed from the first day...

Overall, I'm not liking him a lot, but there seems to be very little to tie to him other than borderline lurking play.

If he'd be willing now, I'd like to hear more about his ultimate conditions, and maybe some elaboration from him on other players in the game, particularly I'd like to know how he feels about myself, Xyl, M-M, and pop.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (isolation #60) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Kinetic »

Pesco47 wrote:I wouldn't mind acting on Kinetic after all that back and forth.
Vote M-M
(Kinetic). Lynching is faster than waiting for me to die.
-,-

Major scum vibes from Pesco... This delayed vig thing has always made me annoyed, but this possible hammer just makes me wonder what type of game he's playing.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (isolation #61) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by Kinetic »

populartajo wrote:
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:I can't see how Kinetic is not scum now. Everyone needs to vote him.
I want to reread the game before but can you all unvote so I can be the first to vote Kinetic in case I cant make it?
It doesn't matter pop. I'm not scum. -.-

The fact that I wasn't even given the option of claiming is pissing me off, but, what the hell, I've obviously keyed in on at least one scum (M-M I'm pretty sure of, but I'm not positive of others, perhaps Xyl)

Either M-M is completely blind (very possible) or scum. Lynch him after you kill me, kthx.

O yea, I'm pretty sure that hiding the rules is hurting the scum MUCH more than it is hurting the town. Read back guys, you figured out my role and as soon as you did I was keyed in on by several people. Look at them long and hard.

This game isn't over, although I might be lynched, so town I need you guys to stop pulling the wool over your eyes. This is mind screw, and you will gain a few advantages with my death (which is partially the reason I'm so torn about even defending myself, you'll see why soon), but I fear the scum may gain more. Be prepared for anything.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (isolation #62) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Kinetic »

hasdgfas wrote:Kinetic: You're not dead. Now explain yourself.
I'm Mao.

I didn't learn this until my ultimate went off today. In fact, I didn't know my role until today, all I knew was that "I thought I was town". I literally had no idea if I was town, scum, neutral, etc, until today. Then I learned I'm Mao. The only thing I can think of here is that scum are losing a LOT more from not knowing the rules than the town. Either that or perhaps there is something else.

The fact that ever since someone speculated I might be Mao I've been a major target. Yesterday Kariyuu was the same. I can understand why town would want to lynch me (even though I am town, I am blocking the rules from being revealed), but I think that the scum in particular have a reason to kill me.

So yes, a decent amount of my suspicions have been omgus-y today, but that is because being suspicious of me is very scummy. Despite that, my suspicions so far have been placed mostly on people BEFORE they voted me.

Odd, how OMGUS works. You know, how I OMGUSed people before they voted me and all... Wait a second...
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (isolation #63) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Kinetic »

iamausername wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Look what Kinetic said day 2, when he (supposedly) knew his role.
Xylthixlm wrote:EBWOP: That was day 3. My bad. Forgot what day we're on.
Kinetic (Today) (Which is Day FOUR) wrote:In fact, I didn't know my role until today
What did Kinetic do to suddenly be branded as obvscum by everybody, exactly? Because from my readthrough, Xyl just randomly said "Kinetic is obvscum, but I don't remember why", and everyone just seemed to go along with that as if it made perfect sense? It's really throwing me off.

Kinetic, what is the deal with you saying that word three times at the start of every day? Seriously.
I was bored and joking around. I had no role, and I was seriously unable to know what to do at all. Should I try and find scum, what if they're my buddies? Should I try and find power roles? What if I'm town?

So I did nothing. I joked around, I made up non-nonsensical stuff. That Hastur thing came from my knowledge of The Great Old Ones from the Cthulhu mythos, and when Tar in his first flavor post posted something about Cthulhu I thought, haha let's have some fun. There is no role reason behind those actions, I was just having fun.

In D&D and Cthulhu mythos, chanting "Him Who Is Not to be Named"'s name three times usually spells doom for yourself and anyone around you. I thought it would be extremely funny if that ended the game on day one, so I thought I'd try it. It didn't, but I got a kick out of everyone's response to it (including Tar's), so I kept doing it.

As for my ultimate condition: its very simple, I had to survive until Day 4. That is it. That's my whole ultimate condition.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (isolation #64) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Bleh, I had another long post that I lost. Basically to SG:

I don't know the rules, the ability that blocks them blocks the rules from everyone, including me. I can't tell you something I don't know.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (isolation #65) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:40 am

Post by Kinetic »

Crap Crap Crap.

If you can still vote: DO NOT VOTE. I repeat. DO NOT VOTE.

We need to do a few tests, and VERY quickly, because if my suspicions are correct we are VERY close to losing the game RIGHT NOW. I posted this before I started to check, but I need anyone who might be about to vote to just trust me and NOT VOTE until I post again (most likely within then next couple of minutes), but I won't be able to fully explain until I get back from classes later today.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (isolation #66) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Kinetic »

Dammit. It might be exactly as I fear.

We CANNOT No-Lynch, there is a VERY high chance that there is a role that wins if we No-Lynch. However, I believe there is also a role, a DIFFERENT role that has an ability which makes it so people either A) cannot unvote, or B) the votes that we see in the vote count are not the correct ones.

Because of this, there is a way to test B, but unfortuantly for me, if A is correct I am the only person who can be lynched, and as I said before, we cannot no-lynch in this game.

The only possibility of A being correct and the town not being forced to lynch me, however, is if the person with this ability can either turn it off, or it has an experation date. I'd like to ask whoever is the cause of this ability if they could explain it, at this point it would be the townie thing to do. But the person who did this could very well be scum.

Ugh.

This is important: I'd like to bandwagon someone, anyone, else to see if we can lynch someone despite not "technically" being able to unvote (or at the least, see our unvotes. Whoever is fine (I'd like to volunteer M-M for this, but anyone but myself will do). This includes voting them AND FOSing them to lynch.

If, after 11 people have bother FOSed and Lynched (because I count 20 votes in play, 11 would be required, but I might not have the right count), and that person is not lynched, then we will have no choice but to sacrifice me and lynch me, much to my own dismay.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (isolation #67) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Kinetic »

BTW: The people who are part of this lynch (of the B scenario) MUST have already voted and not be able to "unvote". NO ONE who cannot vote must waste their vote in this attempt. If you do, we might doom the town, and that is NOT acceptable.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (isolation #68) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Kinetic »

TehVariable wrote:So, you admit you are Mao...and want us to wagon anyone but you, and prevent no lynch? You ask too much, and what you ask is scummy. Just die already

Vote Machiavellian Mafia
(not that I need to)
Read my post. Don't be dense. Most likely I will have to be lynched in order to be lynched if I'm right. I'm trying to figure out what is going on and you're not helping.

Yes, I'm Mao. Tell me, what does that prove about my alignment?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (isolation #69) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:20 am

Post by Kinetic »

God. You're all so dense. You deserve to lose.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (isolation #70) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:Uh yeah. "I have an idea, and to test it we need to put 11 votes on someone else"? If Kinetic was town, he wouldn't need to come up with such a bizarro plan to avoid nolynch, he could just let himself get lynched.

I'd say vote stays, but I don't think I really have a choice here.
-.- Obviously I still want to win, and being town that means finding scum. I know I'm not scum, so I want to lynch someone else.

Are you understanding the words that are coming out of my mouth. -.-;;;;;

If Kinetic is town, he's going to try and not get lynched because he knows that when town are lynched it brings town closer to losing.

I'm sorry, but as town I don't go down without a fight. I just don't. (see Short and Sweet Mafia. Nearly lynched, eventually wasn't, led to us winning the game. See Mafia 68:Ork Mafia, even though I had given the town an 100% guaranteed win, and found the scum, they still wanted to lynch me, and even though I knew we would still win, I didn't want to be lynched because I didn't want to be.)

I don't get this "If he was town he would lay over and die" idea at all. You say I'm flailing, I say I'm looking at other avenues and you're tunnel visioning.
Pesco47 wrote:When I offered myself to be lynched for my ultimate, you were quite against it. I can only assume by now that you've figured out exactly what my ability does. Scum wouldn't want me dead. Vote stays.
Umm... No. I was against quick lynching you and for trying to learn more about things during the day and discussing the possibility. If I have learned your true power (which I might have), or at the very least figured out what your power could cost the town, then we should look at my most recent posts on the subject.

In them, I'm agonizing over the decision, but in the end I feel lynching you is going to be needed either today or never, and that you should STOP revealing your list because it is just helping the scum. Do I need to quote the posts where I voted for you and said I think the best course of action for the day is to lynch you? Great job misrepresenting me.

If you're as town as you say, and BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION claim that you staying alive helps the scum, why the hell aren't you being a little more forceful on getting yourself lynched? It seems like you and I are the only ones who realize the danger you are placing the town in, and then you go and make it like I'm one of the idiot townies ignoring that.

-----

At least give me this please:

I still want to know if this unvote thing is real. It may be important later guys.

As such, I'd like to hammer myself or at least someone who is technically not able to unvote, would they hammer me.

Wait until the vote count, see if I'm lynched, and then hammer me for real if I'm not already dead.

-.-
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (isolation #71) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Kinetic »

Wait... I'm already dead.

lol
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (isolation #72) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Ok, since I was deadline lynched, this is a good thing guys.

This means there is most likely not a Cult of No-Lynch. There wouldn't be a reduced to lynch at deadline if there was.

Bad News: If there is something similar, we don't know what it is.

I'm out of this game guys. I was telling the truth. I'd suggest looking a little closer at my wagon, there is definitely at least one scum on it, maybe more.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (isolation #73) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Kinetic »

StrangCoug = scum
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (isolation #74) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Kinetic »

Not dead yet. Just Condemned.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2150 (isolation #75) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:So, a bit of advice to the town in Mind Screw Mafia 4.

The biggest pitfall for the town in a game this complicated is relying too much on role information, and not enough on scumhunting. The scum will try to misdirect you, to focus you on irrelevant role information and away from information that will actually help the town. Don't let them! Your focus should be on lynching scummy players. Role information should give you hints on where to look first, nothing more.

I was doing my best throughout the game to direct attention to the role info that helped the scum (speculation about the cult win condition) and away from the info that helped the town (the cop results). I also tried to subtly discourage scumhunting, without looking like I wasn't scumhunting myself. It seems like I succeeded.
Well played guys, but I had both you and M-M DEAD TO RIGHTS. That Death Miller + Sticky Votes combo kicked my ass imo, hate death millers. I can finally tell people what made me so mad about this game, lol.
Xylthixlm wrote:I had a total panic moment the first time veerus posted through Tar and brought up death millers, by the way.
I cheered for joy, too bad no one else took too much notice.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2183 (isolation #76) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Confirmation Stage Post:
The Call of Cthuhlu
(H.P. Lovecraft)
This was the reason behind the Hastur comments, lol.

YOU FOOL! YOU DOOMED THE TOWN! (AGAIN) - Tar
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2184 (isolation #77) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:14 pm

Post by Kinetic »

lol

I was waiting for the lackadaisical doom call. One like:

"What..? O yea, Doom, Gloom, terribly things with hamsters, etc etc."
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2186 (isolation #78) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by Kinetic »

forbiddanlight wrote:Soooooo...anyone ever plan to piss off the party in their next DnD game and "accidentally" say "Hastur Hastur Hastur" in character?
They are always my dying words, lol.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2189 (isolation #79) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Kinetic »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:Soooooo...anyone ever plan to piss off the party in their next DnD game and "accidentally" say "Hastur Hastur Hastur" in character?
They are always my dying words, lol.
Ooh, good plan. How many DMs have you pissed off? (and parties)
At this point my character is the jester bomb of the party. I've taken out more story villians with an untimely death than I care to mention.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”