veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by veerus »

I totally planned to vote the mod along with FL in this game for shits and giggles. But seeing a (not very unexpected, in hindsight) mod bandwagon piling up, I am worried that we may be falling into a trap... of.. sorts. Tar had to have expected this to happen at SOME point after his MS1 and MS2 mod roles.

Therefore, I will play it safe and go with my usual point of order:
vote: forbiddanlight
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by veerus »

I know you've already unvoted.. but:
dahill1 wrote:actually that last post just made me realize that i want a Tar lynch more than a caboose one

unvote vote tar
dahill1 wrote:care to explain why?
taste of your own medicine :p
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by veerus »

Ok, for FL and for whoever else is keeping track of mod quotes and vote counts.. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

Here are the sources for the two earlier quotes I looked up:
'Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"
A Christmas Carol by Charles John Huffam Dickens

Stay thy hand, Judicator. The stewards of Tassadar shall not fall while the Dark Templar live. Call off your guards, and stand aside, and you may yet live to see another moonrise.
Starcraft 2

If someone is keeping track of this stuff (FL, you seem to have a lot of interest in this, so I nominate you), use google and let us know if you detect a pattern. To me, this seems highly random. Even if it is a breadcrumb to other roles in the game, we won't know it until later on, so there's no reason to make a lot of noise about it now.

Finally, I'm more inclined to believe that Tar is
pretending
that someone is emulating him ala MS2 and there's no real emulation happening. His wording and intricate knowledge of the theme imply that it really can't be anyone else but Tar or a specifically chosen person (Natirasha comes to mind).
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by veerus »

Yeah, and the other quote from the opening "speech" that I was able to google was a British nursery rhyme or something. Point is.. they're pretty random... or at least they seem that way until we are able to gather more evidence.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by veerus »

Wow.. 23 hours from start to lynch is impressive. Even if it was for an obvious jester lynch in a large game...

re: mod lynch - I've expressed my thoughts on the subject back on page 2 or 3.. I'm against it as I expect mod lynching to be a bad thing after being a good thing the past 2 games
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by veerus »

forbiddanlight wrote:
re: mod lynch - I've expressed my thoughts on the subject back on page 2 or 3.. I'm against it as I expect mod lynching to be a bad thing after being a good thing the past 2 games
Or maybe he wants you to...etc. etc. etc.
Either way.. only one of us will end up being right.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:32 pm

Post by veerus »

TehVariable wrote:hrn...these deaths are confusing. Aries and forbiddanlight were not paragons of towniness. And as per usual Mind Screw practice, the role names tell very little.
Didn't one of the previous mind screws have some kind of a relationship between the SK and the shrink? I remember someone mentioning it here as well.. If true, I would bet Aries was SK'd.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by veerus »

Wow, this thread moves at breakneck speed..
XSilentSinX wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:All votes are counting for the next person down on the player list. Votes on Tar wrap around to Context.

unvote popuarltajo, vote XSilentSinX[/b]
Xplains plz.

FoS: Xylthixlm

The PR was faked since the guy himself said so. I think that it might have been just him not wanting to get lynched. Yea, now that you look at it, it kinda looks scummy. But, I don't want people to lynch him until we get solid evidence. Qwints, elaborate on the Ultimate, cuz from what I can assume, you didn't activate it.

[/b]
I realize that XssX wasn't paying attention to the voting mechanic, but did anyone else pick up on the instant OMGUS vote? Seems pretty scummy to me.
FOS: XSilentSinX

dahill1 wrote:
Mod Prod DoS

i have a feeling he's a secret voter
Sorry, no prod for DoS. - Tar
Looks like you win.. the question now is -- is he scummy?

mod: please prod Malthusis

I also don't think qwints' PR fake is scummy. It's a null-tell really. He was trying to activate his ultimate.. trying to outguess the mod on whether or not the activation method or the ultimate itself is scummy is not a good idea.

And, since it seems this was overlooked: only votes are shifted in the order list.. not FOS.

Be careful not to hammer Blakadder so quickly.. we already ended one day really fast.. we should spend some more time before ending this one just as quickly.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:28 am

Post by veerus »

dahill1 wrote:
veerus wrote:Looks like you win.. the question now is -- is he scummy?
what do you mean by this? so far he hasn't even posted in the thread iirc so there's no way on judging him. also apparently he can't post (?)
The comments by Tar (not wanting to prod him despite him not making a single post and then saying he might need to be replaced) make me think that he's the one who was posting through Tar in D1.
dahill1 wrote:
Be careful not to hammer Blakadder so quickly.. we already ended one day really fast.. we should spend some more time before ending this one just as quickly.
little cautious there aren't you?
he's only at L-4 by my count
shrug.. we have a few people barely making any contributions still.. Also, I would personally like to look at XSilentSinX some more. Examining his posts in isolation reveals very little content, a lot of out-of-game discussion, laziness to read through the game and capping all of that off with a knee-jerk reaction and OMGUS vote on Xylthixlm.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:26 am

Post by veerus »

Wasn't Daniel Jackson scum in a previous MS?

Anyway, I like the claim. If true, we lose a scummy-acting townie (who would likely eventually get lynched anyway) but gain great information on the mod which is a decent trade-off. If false, we likely lynch scum. win-win

vote: qwints
(Blakadder)

If lynched, I expect you to pick Tar for your investigation.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by veerus »

Honestly, I don't really understand your logic either, Context, but others did so I was ok with it until it became an issue. I have a feeling it won't be an issue tomorrow so I really don't care either.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by veerus »

Ok, so everyone's vote shifts down... except Context's? Wouldn't MM technically wrap around to you?
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (isolation #12) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by veerus »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Why are you numbering your posts, has?
Question remains unanswered...

What are the odds of Tar's role PM being misleading (i.e.: could Nat also be a player despite Tar's PM specifically saying he's not?)

Also, wasn't there a time stasis ability in MS1 where any actions against the affected player would be delayed by a day or two? What are the odds of something similar happening with night actions and us getting slammed with a double whammy tomorrow night?

Anyway, I don't think Tar killed TCS. If I'm reading his role PM correctly, he can only kill people if there are
at most
3 members of anti-town factions left. Since we haven't killed any scum yet, this implies that in a 30-player game, there are only 3 (or less) scum... which makes no sense. Sure he's an SK, but he's harmless at this point. (unless I'm missing something?) I say we lynch XssX/Seraphim.

Of course, he did say something about cults... From a balance stand-point, is 3 scum + cult balanced?
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by veerus »

Here it is again.
Tarhalindur wrote: Ultimate: Requiem of Blades - When this ability activates, your latent abilities will be activated. This is a passive ability and will activate automatically when your Ultimate Condition is met.

Active Abilities:

Death Note - Each day,
you may name a player and a word or phrase that has been posted by that player in the thread.
If the targeted player has received a mod PM which contains an ability whose name is the chosen word or phrase, that player will be killed.
(For example, the name of this ability is Death Note.)

Intervention - Each day, if your Ultimate condition is met, you may target another player. That player will be killed at end of day. This is a latent ability.

Please note that you may only use one active ability per day.

Your kill method is "suicided".

Your Ultimate activates when at most three members of anti-town factions remain in the game (including yourself).
Bolded emphasis mine.

The way I'm reading it is this:
- Death Note only works if the person in question says his ability in the thread (an unlikely scenario, it seems).
- As I said in my previous post, it appears to me that his ultimate only activates with
at most
3 anti-towns in the game. Which brings me back to my original point: I don't think it was Tar. Unless there are only 3 scum and cult doesn't count as "anti-town" (I'm assuming). What are the odds of this?

And no, hasdgfas, I'm not defending Tar.. I'm just saying that, unless I'm misreading his ability, it wasn't him who killed TCS last night. Lynching a confirmed SK is about the easiest decision any one of us will have to make in this thread, but until there are only 3 scum, his ability is inactive and we're better off lynching someone else, like XssX. By the way, hasdgfas, who did you replace?
hasdgfas wrote:
veerus wrote:What are the odds of Tar's role PM being misleading (i.e.: could Nat also be a player despite Tar's PM specifically saying he's not?)
It's Mind Screw, not Bastard Mod. Role PMs don't lie.
Who said the two have don't go hand in hand? This
IS
Mind Screw.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by veerus »

Context wrote:Wow you completely fail veerus.

His ULTIMATE is:
Ultimate: Requiem of Blades - When this ability activates, your latent abilities will be activated. This is a passive ability and will activate automatically when your Ultimate Condition is met.

His other kill he can use when the ultimate is met is:
Intervention - Each day, if your Ultimate condition is met, you may target another player. That player will be killed at end of day. This is a latent ability.

Death Note is COMPLETELY separate kill ability.
My point is that his ultimate is NOT ACTIVE yet.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by veerus »

Fair enough. I'm for the lynch, but would like to see some more people post. I'm going to sleep but will likely vote tomorrow night if more than the same 4 people post.

Since you agree his ultimate is not active yet, do you agree then that Tar did NOT kill TCS last night? That's all I was trying to say.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by veerus »

Why are we not going after XssX/Seraphim? He was by far the scummiest person before Tar's role PM was revealed...
Context wrote:I have reason to believe that the BACK UP MOD is a player in the game.

I think we need to lynch him.
Echo echo echo.. Pretty sure I said this about 5 pages ago.. I could support a Nat lynch... he may be the Chairman Mao role of this game. However, this brings me back to the question I asked earlier if Tar's role PM lied when it said that Nat is NOT a player in this game.

Also, to whoever said mafia may not even be in the game -- good catch -- that would explain why Tar was able to kill TCS (cult isn't technically *anti* town). Because despite what Context claims, he can't just "use" intervention whenever he wants to.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by veerus »

Xylthixlm wrote:So. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that our choices are DGB or populartajo. With Whack A Mole in effect, if we lynch scum first, then they come up scum and we have to lynch them again tomorrow. However, if we lynch town, we can lynch the other one tomorrow and come away with a cleared townie.

In other words, if you think that one of them is scum, you should vote for the one you think
isn't
scum.

unvote, vote Context
(DrippingGoofball)
Why are we verifying if the "probably town" person is town and hand additional information to scum instead of checking if the scummy guy is really scum and avoid a mislynch?

Just because one is town does not imply that the other is scum. Verifying that we nail scum should be more important.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:16 am

Post by veerus »

We're letting DGB slide based on another claim of a pro-town action. I think tajo should get the same pass, at least for today.

Let's investigate someone who's made no effort to defend themselves.

Cephir and XssX/Seraphim come to mind. Cephir has been recognized as a lurker (and even tried to mimic DGB's behavior at one point a few pages ago to get off the radar). Seraphim has been in the game for 4 days now and we've yet to see any real content or defense of his predecesor's actions.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:41 am

Post by veerus »

Vi wrote:Since I think a few people are going to be on your case to make sure you're one of the first three people on any wagon from now on, I think your claim works for now.
This. Tajo's claim makes sense.
Vote: Stef
(Cephrir). I would also be up for XssX/Seraphim since he's yet to post content... still.
TehVariable wrote:I don't think this would help much. I'm almost certain you are indeed a neutral. It's just a matter of if you are Haruhi or Mao, and I fully believe if you were Mao you'd get Haruhi as a fakeclaim. Since Whack-a-Mole gives alignment, this wouldn't be helpful.
I am inclined to agree with this. Dreams of reality is too powerful, random and too general to be given to one of the primary factions.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:42 am

Post by veerus »

dahill1 wrote:oops
unvote

just remembered tajo has to be the 1st 2nd or 3rd vote so we should probably let him vote first.
We're not
lynching
with this vote since Whack-a-Mole is in effect, so I think it should be ok in this case.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by veerus »

As a neutral, him winning does not end the game (much in the same way it worked for jesters), therefore lynching Kairyuu would be a mistake regardless of what his abilities do since they effect everyone.

Seraphim's ability seems pro-town so I shall back off his case for now making Cephir the obvious target for now since DGB and Tajo will be confirmed in the next couple days.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by veerus »

Why are you going after a player most agree is a neutral? Whatever his abilities are, they affect everyone. Let's try and lynch scum instead.

We have a lot of lurkers still. If you all really want to do a policy lynch, let's lynch a lurker instead.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (isolation #23) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by veerus »

TehVariable wrote:Well, the LAST time we left a neutral alive in a Mind Screw game we got screwed. I'm still debating my stance on Kairyuu and want to see what this ability does, to the extent we can.

Not much to say really...I was kinda sure that Ceph would show scum :S.
This.
malthusis wrote:I WILL NOT believe any ''I'm a neutral, don't lynch me'' excuse after the fiasco in MSIII where we found out the neutral who we didn't lunch was an SK and won the game. Vote Malthusis (Kairyuu)
I realize this is WIFOM, but don't you think the odds of Tar anticipating this kind of mentality are pretty high? Plus, MS2 was a mini, here we still have 2x as many people as MS2 started with.

Considering Ceph and Seraphim both turned up town, I'm at a loss. I would like to see some other people contribute as we still have a lot of lurkers. What I'm seeing right now is a concerted manhunt on a likely neutral player (yes, self-aligned is neutral and, as seen with jesters, will not end the game) when we should be hunting scum. I wonder why that is.. Yes, his abilities affect everyone, in fact, for all intents and purposes, it seems to me that he IS Mr. Mind Screw.

Stef, your false dillema reasoning is very curious here since you refuse to even consider the idea of lynching someone whose win condition explicitly says that town must be eliminated (ie. scum). Or are you hunting Kariyuu because he suggested earlier that some of his abilities may affect scum more than town?
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by veerus »

ShadowGirl wrote:Eh? When has Seph been confirmed as town? Do you mean because of his ability?
yes
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2147 (isolation #25) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by veerus »

scum thread wrote:"Tarhalindur wrote:
Natirasha is not a valid target for abilities. Protip: you can target the mysterious voice, and it will hit the player responsible."
really? REALLY? what, you don't need names anymore???

Xyl, good pick up on the .. thing. I have since become more concious of it however at the time of the message it made perfect sense without my casual ..'ing since it signified a pause.

And yeah, Tar kind of started to feed me various information (like the death miller thing) when it became apparent that the mafia was way too organized and my voice was the only way he could even slow it down with. Xyl's shield, replaceable mafia and the 2-day delay ability pretty much sealed the game in the end as I simply didn't have enough kills to kill all the mafia at night and had to comply with strict posting restrictions during the day. I was happy everyone went for Caboose (finally!!), but it was unfortunate that the town didn't pay attention and misvoted placing their vote on the magnet.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2151 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by veerus »

Xylthixlm wrote:"unfortunate"? I
started
the wagon on Caboose!
Xyl wrote:My evil plan is to get one of the townies to try to vote Caboose and forget about the vote rotation, thus stickying their vote to iamausername. Then we can't get lynched.
Yes, I realize
now
why you started the wagon. I originally assumed you just wanted to buss a scum to appear pro-town which combined with your revive shield would've pretty much carried you into the end-game for the win.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2158 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by veerus »

Tarhalindur wrote: The drawback? He couldn't actually claim mod-confirmation about his information. He was pretty much Cassandra. (Well, that and the fact that I would have started trying to trick him into screwing the town over - indeed, I misdirected one of veerus's kills away from Seraphim onto Stef for the lulz of seeing the Replaceable role trigger. Thy Mod is a fickle ally, you know.)
Yeah, I wasn't very happy about that, but I knew both were scum. Rather, I KNEW Stef was scum and I was about 75% sure Seraphim was scum and it wasn't hard for Tar to steer me into the replaceable mafia instead of the other.
Tarhalindur wrote: The alternative was 20 PM's of "is this guy a valid target", since I was bouncing abilities with invalid targets.
You're setting a dangerous precedent here. Next game, mafia's first choice will always be "the invisible player".. if that bounces, then you're good to go!
-Fight Club

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”