xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1518 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by xofelf »

Hi hi. Aside from tracking Nomination things, I've got a fairly free week so I do plan to try to read up as much of this as I can. Haven't read anything yet, but I plan to start after this post. If anybody has a handy tl;dr summation, I'd love you forever.

Also apologies in advance, my keyboard has been doing this weird thing where it adds extra spaces or skips them entirely, will try to fix it before I post but may miss some now and then.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1520 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:03 pm

Post by xofelf »

Most of the time it's because a mod or a player specifically invited me. I've had good experiences with Shea games, and I like this player list.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1532 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:18 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1522, Bingle wrote:
In post 1520, xofelf wrote: Most of the time it's because a mod or a player specifically invited me. I've had good experiences with Shea games, and I like this player list.
Don’t worry, we’ll soon fix that ;)

For reals though. There’s a bunch going on at the moment. Skimming back a few pages you’re probably mostly going to want to look at the reads lists that have popped up. There’s a bit of mech disagreement between me/lld/cakez that’s ongoing, but you’re probably not gonna care too much about specifics that you can’t get from watching it play out.

Setup wise we have 6 town prs we assign at the start of each day, that’s done and the list is in the OP.

Big movers so far this game have been gl and me for the most part. Lld started to make waves but was shut down, backed off, and let the thread breathe which I think is a good sign. Pooky has been overall towny and there’s been pretty decent levels of doing shit from most everybody, although some of it is less so than others. I’d start with GL if you want to do an iso catchup, but honestly it’s short enough and useful enough that you should probably just read from the beginning.

Alternatively, STD just did a catch-up you could read along with for the highlights.
Thanks Bingle. I'll start there after dinner now that my own deadline has passed.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1533 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:19 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1530, SirCakez wrote: Hi Xofelf!
In post 1521, meowth wrote:hi xof
Hi to you both <3
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1567 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by xofelf »

Oh,
unvote
. Hadn't seen there was a vote left from my slot.

Edit:
In post 1566, ActionDan wrote: Was just reading Xofelf's 4 posts (replacing Ausuka) and came across this from Bingle:
I’d start with GL if you want to do an iso catchup
That's the last person to iso!

Iso me, mine's short and pleasant and has the benefit of being one that both suspected Ausuka + someone Ausuka suspected.
Good shout. I wanna skim some first to get a sense of the vibe, and then do some iso-diving tomorrow.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1570 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:59 pm

Post by xofelf »

I did it. I read up on the game AND within the day I replaced in. New avatar is representative of my mood rn at 4am

A couple thoughts before I find my way to sleep:
Mechanically, I am very lost in any amount of optimability(shh, this is a word now), so I'm going to believe what LLD/Bingle tells me are smart things to do here. That being said, I really like how this game format trashes RVS/RQS and gives you some kind of sortable information pretty early on, meaning most posts are content for vibes, so I'm actually looking forward to isodiving tomorrow. I also have a little notepad to help remember shit so I don't have to find it again and have multiple tabs open.

Initial skim vibes for people:
  • furtive: null to good, some posts I like, unsure what the vibe of the last few pages mean but probs NAI
  • pooky: Good news, i think you're town. There wasn't a single nose-wrinkly post!
  • datisi: normally this tone in his posts I'd say line up with my experience with town!dats(i don't remember if I've seen scum!dats), but i don't think the tone has anything to do with alignment but just this game not being fun for him, which sad, i wanted to play with you again but always take care of you. hopefully we get a good replacement here
  • Bingle: I'm torn. I can't read a Bingle mechanics post without remembering that feeling of mechanically solving Mainstream Mafia II and his posts that contributed to that being possible. I think I just trust his reasoning too much.
    But
    the posts that weren't mechanics didn't gel with that same feeling. nullpuddle for now.
  • Skrew: it's skrew, he's inskrewtable. nothing AI vibes yet, on the isodive list.
  • ActionDan: i like your posting, easy to follow along with, and genuine vibes. isodive list
  • Enchant: whomst? no but really, posts are voids, could mean anything. isodive list
  • ausuka: reading Ausuka's previous posts, my interpretation is she also was not having fun at all and huge feather ruffles, but i get why this playergroup would read that as AI and scummy. I hope to maybe change that vibe of this slot?
  • nono: this version of the slot pings all the wrong alarms, but it might have just been style clash.
  • dragons(i may forget and call him Fen like i do everywhere else, but this is who i mean): one of the last games i played you were in, but i don't remember what your alignment was. that being said, you do often start off in an aggressive intentionally chaotic way hoping to get reactions so i don't see your posts as meaning something one way or another. also isodive candidate.
  • GL: Bingle suggesting an iso on you was actually spot on of something i was going to have to do with you, you say lots of words often and i wanna get a better sense of you cuz there's lots of potential there either side of the aisle.
  • meowth: slight nose wrinkle. if you're who i think you are, could you be somebody else please? cuz that means your content COULD MEAN ANYTHING and i don't wanna have that universe thanks. that being said, i think some of the readslists and info gathering you were doing, if read next to each other, might clear up my nose wrinkling and put you in a less abstract box.
  • LLD: I'm like 95% on this being town you. Scum you has sharp glass underneath tones, no matter the flavour of post. There's no glass here, but there is that sound cats make when they tilt their head at you and are asking you questions. So less... 5 am metaphors, vibes are genuine and I trust you.
  • Herta: Null, but i remember good vibes early on, isodive list
  • Unowen: whomst? except in a polar opposite vibe from Enchant, where this is just somebody who runs neutral.
  • Cakez: cakez my beloved, you're town right? like that's what you're trying to give off, right? the one odd instance with the caps exchange, i think i would have had a similar problem to you in that i *also* thought the start was being silly and playing and joking, and it actually having *meaning* was a surprise, but your reactions to it felt genuine. i do wanna iso you too though.
  • Bloodbot: no reason for it, but i feel good about you. isodive list.
So yeah, now I sleeps.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1657 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1580, SirCakez wrote: Xof can you sort your reads list into semi-organized town-null-scum bins?
Sure.
Spoiler: My vibes from my post for reference
In post 1570, xofelf wrote: Initial skim vibes for people:
  • furtive: null to good, some posts I like, unsure what the vibe of the last few pages mean but probs NAI
  • pooky: Good news, i think you're town. There wasn't a single nose-wrinkly post!
  • datisi: normally this tone in his posts I'd say line up with my experience with town!dats(i don't remember if I've seen scum!dats), but i don't think the tone has anything to do with alignment but just this game not being fun for him, which sad, i wanted to play with you again but always take care of you. hopefully we get a good replacement here
  • Bingle: I'm torn. I can't read a Bingle mechanics post without remembering that feeling of mechanically solving Mainstream Mafia II and his posts that contributed to that being possible. I think I just trust his reasoning too much.
    But
    the posts that weren't mechanics didn't gel with that same feeling. nullpuddle for now.
  • Skrew: it's skrew, he's inskrewtable. nothing AI vibes yet, on the isodive list.
  • ActionDan: i like your posting, easy to follow along with, and genuine vibes. isodive list
  • Enchant: whomst? no but really, posts are voids, could mean anything. isodive list
  • ausuka: reading Ausuka's previous posts, my interpretation is she also was not having fun at all and huge feather ruffles, but i get why this playergroup would read that as AI and scummy. I hope to maybe change that vibe of this slot?
  • nono: this version of the slot pings all the wrong alarms, but it might have just been style clash.
  • dragons(i may forget and call him Fen like i do everywhere else, but this is who i mean): one of the last games i played you were in, but i don't remember what your alignment was. that being said, you do often start off in an aggressive intentionally chaotic way hoping to get reactions so i don't see your posts as meaning something one way or another. also isodive candidate.
  • GL: Bingle suggesting an iso on you was actually spot on of something i was going to have to do with you, you say lots of words often and i wanna get a better sense of you cuz there's lots of potential there either side of the aisle.
  • meowth: slight nose wrinkle. if you're who i think you are, could you be somebody else please? cuz that means your content COULD MEAN ANYTHING and i don't wanna have that universe thanks. that being said, i think some of the readslists and info gathering you were doing, if read next to each other, might clear up my nose wrinkling and put you in a less abstract box.
  • LLD: I'm like 95% on this being town you. Scum you has sharp glass underneath tones, no matter the flavour of post. There's no glass here, but there is that sound cats make when they tilt their head at you and are asking you questions. So less... 5 am metaphors, vibes are genuine and I trust you.
  • Unowen: whomst? except in a polar opposite vibe from Enchant, where this is just somebody who runs neutral.
  • Cakez: cakez my beloved, you're town right? like that's what you're trying to give off, right? the one odd instance with the caps exchange, i think i would have had a similar problem to you in that i *also* thought the start was being silly and playing and joking, and it actually having *meaning* was a surprise, but your reactions to it felt genuine. i do wanna iso you too though.

Town pool:
LLD
Pooky
ActionDan
bloodbot

Null puddle:
cakez
Herta
Unowen
datsisi(we'll see how Alisae changes this)
Bingle
GL
skrew
Enchant
Dragons

Nose wrinkles:
meowth
nono

I'll start my isoing after dinner and my own deadline.
List of people I want to check tonight(soon):
skrew
ActionDan
enchant
dragons(with nono for comparison)
meowth
herta
bloodbot
cakez
GL
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1660 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:19 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1658, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1657, xofelf wrote:
In post 1580, SirCakez wrote: Xof can you sort your reads list into semi-organized town-null-scum bins?
Sure.
Spoiler: My vibes from my post for reference
In post 1570, xofelf wrote: Initial skim vibes for people:
    But

Town pool:
LLD
Pooky
ActionDan
bloodbot

Null puddle:
cakez
Herta
Unowen
datsisi(we'll see how Alisae changes this)
Bingle
GL
skrew
Enchant
Dragons

Nose wrinkles:
meowth
nono

I'll start my isoing after dinner and my own deadline.
List of people I want to check tonight(soon):
skrew
ActionDan
enchant
dragons(with nono for comparison)
meowth
herta
bloodbot
cakez
GL
Dragons replaced Nono, and I exist.
Yes I know Dragons replaced, I intentionally did both so when I can look at both occupying the same slot. That's as much a note for myself as it is anybody else. Also sorry, you were right next to the list tag and not a line down. You're also in the town pool, under bloodbot.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1678 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by xofelf »

I mean, to be clear, I said it was vibes, not like... in-depth reads, it was a skim of the game/half reading rather than a full-on analysis. I just wanted to get basic thoughts out earlier for people to have a sense of my perspective replacing in. There's a lot of stuff to sort and I've been told before that people would prefer any sense of views on people rather than having to wait for something more concrete from me, so I'm trying to do good here, especially if this slot was likely gone soon from my predecessor's posts and maybe the flip would actually mean more than the usual nothing my lims in games usually do.

Isos once my brain lets me focus on reading.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1680 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:14 pm

Post by xofelf »

Thanks! I just realized with the new size limits this would work instead of just being a gif response :)
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1681 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:30 pm

Post by xofelf »

Going in order of smallest to biggest iso:

Herta isodive thoughts:
I realize they're V/LA until the 26th so I don't have any specific questions I want followup on. There's really not a lot here, but not in the sort of way where I'd consider them being purposefully under the radar or lurky. The only thing sometimes gives me pause is the type of joking posts they've made, like these two:

Spoiler:
In post 547, Herta wrote: Who controls the purse strings controls something something something.

I really just want to help people.

All of my endorsees have been thoroughly vetted by me and are proven to my satisfaction to be of the utmost character.

I promise to run for just two terms maximum.
In post 549, Herta wrote: What I lack in scumhunting I make up for in bribes and kickbacks.

It might just be a tone thing, but there's a ping of insincerity that could just be joking. But it kinda reminds me a little of people who will say enough funny/jokey things so that people associate positive emotions with them and forget to look at them with a more critical eye.

That being said, there's also posts like this:
Spoiler:
In post 664, Herta wrote: I mean why wouldn't we want to track votes if it helps us catch scum? Sure people can lie about who they voted for but the truth comes out in the results, and we have a role that can check up on it.

Which reads reasonable thought process, and also genuine. None like this feel like the kind of reasoning somebody posts who is trying to look reasonable or pull some kind of scum gambit.

Overall assessment is, probably town. No big inconsistencies or leaps of logic that don't make sense from a reasonable analysis. I also think they are trying to help with the posts they've made.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1682 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:00 pm

Post by xofelf »

ActionDan:
You were right, your iso was very pleasant to get through. The highlights being the way you format your thoughts and reasonings are very clear and easy to reference what you're talking about specifically. I also like the way you go back and reread people, not just when somebody has a new point or question, but to also confirm what your new thoughts or feelings are. You don't just stick to what you remember, you go back to the source as far as I can tell, and this is pretty admirable.
Posts like these are really Image

Spoiler:
In post 329, ActionDan wrote:
In post 239, Bingle wrote:
In post 230, GuiltyLion wrote: I'm underwhelmed by Bingle posts and takes

Why am I "very scummy"?
You're approaching the mech from a perspective of "How does scum benefit" instead of "How does town benefit" and I think it's a perspective slip. You're smart enough to know that we can use the threat of investigations to kill off scummy slots via scumkill, and yet have said nothing about that. You're playing obtuse about the actual power behind cop shots. Your "I want to 1v1 Pooky over mayor" bit feels lamist af.

Take your pick.
I don't remember a missed opportunity to opine about scummy slots being thrown into the sherif role for ritual sacrifice. Could you point out where that might have come into play in these mech arguments, and the scummy point where GL neglects to mention this?

In the exchange earlier between Datisi gl and Ausuka, I thought Ausuka comes out the worse for it. 92 reads artificially aggressive. The disbelief in other posts that GL would not think other players would find a cop role strong is attacking something GL never communicated.

Furtive if enchant flips scum do we have your blessing to flip you after post-haste?
In post 695, ActionDan wrote: oh ok, got it. I disagree that's wise but I believe you believe it so I guess its ok. I assume that doesn't apply to the other choices at least

btw with all this talk surrounding owen's 222, can't they just answer the motivation for asking the question themselves, have they been in this thread yet to perhaps shed daylight on it?

My own opinion on UNOwen rides between Bingle's and Meowth's in that logically there isn't anything in the "fluffy short iso" I can pin down as scummy (I don't think either of 222 or 424 are egregiously scummy) but the fact that those are the only two posts that would qualify as content in 20 pages is.
In post 893, ActionDan wrote: Ah ok, what thoughts of mine aren't real to you. Which townreads then? I haven't fleshed out all of them in thread, but am available to do so now if you'd like.

Why is it unacceptable for UNOwen to be scumread or more precisely, why shouldn't I scumread him.

Why wouldn't Cakez / Herta be easy scumreads the same way? Herta is low content objectively, most of his posts are filler. Cakez less so.

I find Nono almost pure null. I guess that wasn't clear, whereas Enchant/SK more null scummy.

While yeah, you did scumread Ausuka, I can completely understand and follow your reasons for *why* you did. They're valid conclusions. I also really like the way you ask people specific questions. They always read as genuinely wanting to understand why someone said something they did or for further elaborations. Even ones that are a bit snarky, they don't feel like they're intentionally trying to get a specific emotion from somebody. You're just putting in all the work towards solving imo, so confirming that town read. Not just vibes, this one is more than that, on par with how I feel about LLD this game.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1683 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:24 pm

Post by xofelf »

Skrew:
I think my specific vibe on what Skrew's posts are like is best summed up with one of his own posts:
In post 1316, SleepyKrew wrote: no thoughts head empty
Man's got 51 posts, a good third are him telling us he's going to sleep or he's tired or he forgot about the game. These may be true, but I wish there was more than that. There's like *nothing* in here that feels genuine. I might believe he doesn't have any big reads, but come on dude, you gotta have more thoughts in there that you can share. You can't keep holding up people's posts and asking "Is this weird?" in a way that feels like you're tossing spaghetti at a wall and hoping something will stick and have that be considered content and gamesolving. Even his long posts feel incredibly insincere, and rather than giving why *he* thinks specific stuff is weird, he asks everyone else to do that work. Idk, it could just be lazy and borderline inactive town, but lots of nose wrinkling and skepticism from me.

Very bottom of the null puddle, straddling into the scum pond.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1743 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:52 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 1737, Bingle wrote:
cakez

Herta

Unowen
datsisi
Bingle
GL

skrew

Enchant

Dragons/Nono

Dan

meowth

bloodbot

XOFLIST

Bold- Null
Italics- Want to look into.

@xof, why don't you want to look into me/Uno/dats and why DO you want to look into Dan/bloodbot?
Phonepost as I'm heading out of the door, but it wasn't I wasn't going to look into you at all, but I wanted to start with people I didn't have a strong vibe about(specifically over the vibes of everybody else) first and *then* get to your slot. Dats was replacing and I feel like i know him pretty well where I didn't need to iso him if he wasn't going to keep playing. Uno was just left off the do first list. Dan suggested I read him, and he was short. Bloodbot is one of the weak vibes.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2035 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:59 am

Post by xofelf »

I am surprised that this worked out this way. But uh, should I be running for something? Given I don't think a lot of people trust me at all, is there any one of the jobs I should end up in because of that?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2100 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:35 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 2080, UNOwen wrote: Did furtive amend the minutes? Surely not. We may have to set up an inquiry.
In post 2035, xofelf wrote: I am surprised that this worked out this way. But uh, should I be running for something? Given I don't think a lot of people trust me at all, is there any one of the jobs I should end up in because of that?
What does this first sentence mean?
I fully expected my slot to be the vig shot just based on how most people seemed to read Ausuka, and still read me. So I was surprised that it was cakez. I'm not surprised he and Enchant were town.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2111 (isolation #16) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:47 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 2103, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2100, xofelf wrote: I fully expected my slot to be the vig shot just based on how most people seemed to read Ausuka
how did you know there was a vig???
I'm not saying I knew there was a vig, but people have already said that cakez was a vig shot, so that's why I'm calling it that. But also, why wouldn't one of the JOAT abilities that needs treasurer funding be a vig shot? That just makes sense to me. So I just assumed that if there was a vig shot, given how people had been talking about my slot, I'd have been a pretty viable candidate.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2128 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 2112, UNOwen wrote: Tinfoil!? Will forgive the slander and support Bingle for treasury.
In post 2100, xofelf wrote: I fully expected my slot to be the vig shot just based on how most people seemed to read Ausuka, and still read me. So I was surprised that it was cakez.
I'm not surprised he and Enchant were town.
In addition to the question GL asked, does bolded mean you completed your ISO dives during the night phase?
No, I didn't get a chance to finish, it's been busy. But I didn't have any strong negative vibes from either.
In post 2114, GuiltyLion wrote: mmm sorry xofelf but I think you slipped

I don't think it'd be natural as town in your shoes to assume that vig exists, assume that it was being used D1, and also assume that you would be shot. I think it might have made sense to say "I'm surprised I wasn't vigged" or something more akin to that, but you said you "fully expected" to be "
THE
vig shot" which suggests you had knowledge during the night phase that a vig shot was happening.
If you want to think that, sure, but I didn't, because I'm not scum.
In post 2118, Bingle wrote:
In post 2111, xofelf wrote: why wouldn't one of the JOAT abilities that needs treasurer funding be a vig shot?
I mean... I assumed there wasn't a vig based on 11v4 and scum having potential access to every power. 11v4 with a scum vig of any flavor is pretty busted in scum's favor with the power we know we can have.
I mean that's valid, I don't really play much so I don't really have a good sense on what is or isn't balanced.
In post 2120, furtiveglance wrote: LLD was quite vocal in faer suspicion of xofelf though yesterday, which could explain it.
^This is exactly it. Like, there was a lot of vocal suspicion towards my slot.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2265 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:44 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 2184, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2174, Gimli wrote: xofelf wrote that, everybody knew about the vig shot and who was shot
but why would xofelf have "FULLY EXPECTED" to be shot??

they weren't talking about how they were feeling on D2.

they were talking about how they were feeling on N1.

am I not making this clear or something? I don't understand what you're missing or what I'm not communicating effectively
God, those were the words I used because it's the way I speak. It's not some 5d chess mistake. Look man, I'm happy for you that you think you've got this undeniable moment where you've solved this game, but you're reading way too much into a very half-asleep post.

Like.. you're all just convinced this slot is scum, but I'm not. So, since nobody really wants me to even bother declaring for one of the jobs here, I'm not going to, and I will vote for the jobs however I'm told to(specifically told by LLD). But once it's Day again? I'm gonna finish my isodives so that at the very least, once I'm voted out and you all see I've been telling the truth, well maybe what I've left behind will actually help somehow. But man, this uphill battle I replaced into sucks. I was looking forward to actively trying to play this game in a smart way with effort, and it doesn't seem like I'm gonna get that.

Also, Fen, it's fine about the mess up, I know it was an accident, but thanks for fixing it.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2268 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:56 am

Post by xofelf »

Lol I do. And you may just get your wish, but I don't think you're gonna be happy about it afterwards.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2278 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:04 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 2269, Gimli wrote: yeah xof is scummy af
Yeah I get that no matter my alignment. Never seem to dig myself out of that hole either.
In post 2270, Gimli wrote: love the avatar tho
I'm pretty happy with it myself. It still dances at the top of the screen next to my username, so I constantly have a dancing fox companion.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2466 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:32 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 2436, Bingle wrote: Hm. So it is a risk, but not a huge one, with a large potential payoff for scumpooky.

I feel slightly confident that it wasn't pooky's plan here, otherwise I don't think this pooky/furtive back and forth would have gone the way it did.

(If it was obvious, furtive or another party would have called it out as obvious by now. Even if it wasn't, I don't think scumpooky repeatedly calls attention to the plan as a towntell, even after I acknowledge that there is a scum way to use it for pooky.)

It's interesting to me that nobody realized that furtive had outed the vig going into night. Particularly that xof didn't point to that post to defend themselves.
Well, 1) I kinda forgot there was a specific post that I could point to because 2) one of my meds' dosage got doubled so I've been incredibly out of it as I adjust to it since Thursday.

But as I said before, tell me where to vote and that's what I'll do. @LLD telling me is preferred.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2475 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:47 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 2469, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Bingle SleepyKrew STD LLD Pooky GL

These are my votes, and you can copy me Xof.
Okies.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2558 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:36 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 2555, Save The Dragons wrote: VOTE: xofelf
I can't believe you would do this thing I 1000% knew you would. The audacity.

Tomorrow is a free day, so I'll finish as much of what I promised I'd do as I can.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2563 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by xofelf »

I only voted for those who had competition:
Sherriff: Skrew
Mayor: Save the Dragons
Council: LLD
Trash: Pooky
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2604 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 2564, Alisae wrote:
In post 2563, xofelf wrote: I only voted for those who had competition:
Sherriff: Skrew
Mayor: Save the Dragons
Council: LLD
Trash: Pooky
why not vote for Bingle?
He was running unopposed? Also, I was making sure I got my ballot in just in case I ended up sleeping the rest of the day away.
In post 2596, UNOwen wrote: My main reason for suspecting xof is that the “give me scumreads”, “here’s my read list of the game” interaction with meowth didn’t look right. And that the meowth vibe read was muddled.

I’m not sure why xofelf entered the game where meowth was looking like the probable execution (?) and didn’t decide to prioritize his ISO.
Because I was going in order of least posts to most at the time I started reading them, because I knew I was going to lose motivation and not get anything done if I did it any other way. It takes a certain amount of mental energy for me to do isodives and if I'm discouraged by not having anything done, I know myself well enough to know I might just quit entirely and do nothing. I just then didn't get to meowth before a hammer, I woke up to it already being night.
In post 2595, Alisae wrote: I personally really like this mindset from xofelf that's basically "look, I'll do whatever it is you guys want me to do, but I'm going to finish my isodives"
I think it's likely to come from town who wants to try to make what they can out of situation and just try to make the best of it.
I think there are going to be a lot of :eyes: on what Xofelf actually tries to produce. I actually have higher expectations that she'll produce something that looks like she's trying to engage and solve the puzzle and if she's a wolf and she's producing content that's like not good or not that great then and maybe then I'll probably want to vote it off, but for now I think I'm super happy with just letting her cook and hopefully she doesn't fail to meet my expectations?
1) It's they now, friend, you may have missed that.
2) I appreciate the faith/trust/whatever. Gonna try not to be disappointing.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2608 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:45 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 2605, UNOwen wrote: Xofelf didn’t iso meowth, but yes he was at the block for a while.

Maybe don’t xofelf planned to ISO more before execution but I expected likely execution to be first up. And specifically this vibe read:
In post 1570, xofelf wrote: [*]meowth: slight nose wrinkle. if you're who i think you are, could you be somebody else please? cuz that means your content COULD MEAN ANYTHING and i don't wanna have that universe thanks. that being said, i think some of the readslists and info gathering you were doing, if read next to each other, might clear up my nose wrinkling and put you in a less abstract box.
Looks off to me. Because it doesn’t seem to reach a conclusion. Like “this might clear up my [suspicion]”? That doesn’t sound right.
That's because it was initial vibes from my skimthrough, not a read. And yeah, they were on my list to get to. Like the order of posts when I started my isodive, I still had to get through enchant and the Save the Dragons/nono iso first before Meowth.

P-edit:
In post 2606, Alisae wrote:
In post 2604, xofelf wrote: 1) It's they now, friend, you may have missed that.
ya i did. I don't mean any disrespect. I'm slow but I'll try to be more mindful in the future
Yeah I know, it's all good <3
In post 2607, Alisae wrote:
In post 2604, xofelf wrote: He was running unopposed? Also, I was making sure I got my ballot in just in case I ended up sleeping the rest of the day away.
I think where I'm confused is how does them being unopposed make it so that you don't need to put a vote down for them?
...do you have to vote for everybody even if they don't have anyone they're running against? If that's a yes, then I missed that part.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2610 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by xofelf »

I just didn't think it mattered since they'll win the position anyways so it can just be assumed I'm voting for them?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2909 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:12 pm

Post by xofelf »

Ugh, I've ended up sleeping more of the last two days than I've been awake. My initial vibes read didn't have a specific order as much as it was just how I thought of players in the game. It only was ordered into vibe pools because Cakez asked if I could organize it for easier reading, and it was pretty easy to just do that. Again the list was a *vibes* list, not a *reads* list. Isoing was supposed to turn the vibes list into reads, I just didn't finish before day end. Nor have I finished yet. Brain is being very stupid about starting it again. It was supposed to be the thing we did today while nobody was around who could interrupt my thinking or be a distraction and I guess nope, sleep had other ideas.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #2910 (isolation #29) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:06 pm

Post by xofelf »

Forcing my brain to do at least one, and it's going to like it god damn it.

Nono/Save the Dragons:
Ah yes, this posting style is still very wtf
why
. Lines like this I didn't like during skim, and I like them less:
In post 338, Nono wrote: not smart enough to make logical conclusion atm,, offering "food for thought" out to smarter town, to discuss (hint hint, lion)
There's so many little things in their posts that are like "i'm town, no nk" that are both phrased in a jokey way, but it's also pretty concerned with their perception and being seen as town, not doing things to be town.

And then Fen comes in, and I think he was doing what I've been trying to do, and trying to make our slot actually mean and do something and not just be seen as town, but actually trying to scumhunt. Though, his first vibes(maybe it's reads for him) has most of the game as null also, so can't say being called out for that myself is pretty great. That being said, he did keep reading and updating how he felt about people in a way that was pretty easy to follow. I've played with him before, and while I don't recall if I've ever played with him as scum, this sort of aggressive questioning of people he has suspicions on, is pretty par for the course. I actually liked the post he did reading over Meowth's readslist because he was right a lot of what was in the stated readslist, was vague as shit and could have meant anything and wasn't hard stances. Nothing he says feels like it comes out of left field, and anything that might be a little weird, I know him well enough to know he'll poke about things to reaction test so I don't find that to be AI.

This post though:
In post 1754, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1746, furtiveglance wrote: STD when you read meowth individually, what do you think? I don't think he's towny in a vacuum.
I think it is likely meowth is scum but I'm wary because I still think xof could be scum and I dunno if this is a potential bus or xof is just okay with us mislimming someone
There weren't any posts that implied he thought meowth wasn't scum so I'm not quite sure that my vibes being off there would ping him so hard he assumes I'm trying to push for their elimination. I guess he's got his xof is scum glasses on, and has to look at all things through that lens, but like I wasn't hard pushing on Meowth or anybody for that matter, and while you know, or should know, I only vote when i'm confident in how I feel about somebody, I never got to the point in any of my posting where I was anywhere close to confident enough to vote anybody. I still can't say I think this is scummy, it's just teeth dug into an idea and not shaking loose no matter what.

The more I read, just the more while he's wrong, I don't think he's scum for it because his reasons kind of make sense. Though, he goes for the approach of assuming somebody has a specific alignment, and then compares what they've said and done to see if it contradicts or supports it. And I don't think that's anti-town as much as it's really easy to convince yourself that certain actions support the conclusion you've already made that wouldn't mean anything one way or another if you made the conclusion after what you read. And no, reading you as towny isn't because I want to be safe and don't want to antagonize you, nor am I
trying to say nice things to get you to suspect me less. I have no problems antagonizing you if I think what you've said warrants it, and it really hasn't. Being wrong doesn't mean you're anti-town, especially when how you got there makes sense. I wouldn't follow what your reads are since I think we go about it in opposite ways, but I don't think any of them are disingenuous.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #3007 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by xofelf »

Isoing people is typically a thing I do. I am *trying* to do things, but it's such an uphill battle, and my well of mental and physical energy has been running pretty low recently. It does kinda feel like whatever I do, it won't matter since so many of you just want to flip me at bare minimum. And like I get it, it'll be confirmed information and maybe looking at interactions that have happened, mostly between Ausuka and people, will help sort the game, it's just not the easy yeet me and you have the scum team dead to rights. But I don't know that what I am doing is enough that not yeeting me is actually more helpful, so that's really why I'm not fighting it. While me being flipped won't be a big impact, it might be a bigger one than the little I'm finding myself able to contribute. But I'm just town, even when I replace in I always seem to end up being town.

So my question/request here is, since it seems y'all are willing to give me some time here, where should I focus my attentions most for maximum flip benefit? I'm no longer running a game, so barring more feeling like death, more shit is planned for tonight but I'm not quite confident the people I have left in my initial list are the most helpful.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #3013 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 3012, ActionDan wrote: As for Xof.

I've enjoyed their content when they post. It's been slow coming, and arguably isn't as efficiently focused to the current gamestate/wagons as it could be but I all too well know that feeling as both town and scum catching up. we still have a good 4 days. But imo one's mental health is paramount so if you want there really is no shame in replacing out and passing the torch.
Oh no, that I know. I'm not there yet, but thanks. It's not mental health as much as just general body-related fatigue, so lots of oversleeping and brain just staying sleepy all day. But I don't have a game I'm modding anymore so I've hopefully picked up the spoon I can use for getting down and into this more consistently. But I appreciate that, and you.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #3204 (isolation #32) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:32 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 3158, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: i think xof has given up
It's not that I've given up, it's that I keep falling asleep too often when I'm intending on doing shit and just not having anything to draw from to finish. And I just don't know that I have the playstyle that can save this slot, not when so many people are just completely set on this slot being scum. And it's not like there's anything specific I could even say that could save my slot either.

But Pooky, your point about Save the Dragons and I? That's a little bullshit, and you know it. So what that I've played Survivor with him, that's not exactly a completely relevant skillset for mafia. I've played mafia with you more than I have with him. Yet the time I played with you that I remember most, Cats and Dogs mafia, you got a little pissy about how I shouldn't try to play mafia the way I would play Survivor, and you were scum that game. And a lot of the way you've been posting today reminds me of the same tone you had there with regards to how you interacted with me and my slot. Which is a shame given you didn't have that yesterDay.

If I don't just fall back to sleep again after my weekly Survivor groupwatch, I'll finish what was in my list and what I was asked for.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #5318 (isolation #33) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:44 pm

Post by xofelf »

Man the one time I trust LLD cuz she's making me feel comfortable, of course it's when she's being Scum Queen. I was really trying to put effort in, I had a little notepad open and everything. Just got really sleepy at the worst times where I just couldn't words effort. I never would have found LLD, but I was sus of Bingle. Y'all played great.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #5320 (isolation #34) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:03 pm

Post by xofelf »

Aww *hugs*. It's fine, I'm not upset at all! I'm really impressed by y'all!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #5322 (isolation #35) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by xofelf »

Thank you! It's probably my best avatar I've had next to the otterhug one I had when all the mods had otters for a little.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”