Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4098 (isolation #200) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:19 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4094, Firebringer wrote:marci and lily big friends. Marci enters day proclaiming that she would like to dance with lily because they are friends, that quickly disappears and she basically never talks about her again.
Its strange for someone u are good friends with imo
Wait, you scumread Harley then? or what
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4101 (isolation #201) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:21 am

But lily was Harley's slot.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4104 (isolation #202) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:22 am

How does that change your read, then?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4107 (isolation #203) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:23 am

I feel like Harley's probably town, her outburst at me and accompanying conspiracy theory for voting her pair seems typical of her town thinking.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4179 (isolation #204) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:22 am

In post 4175, Datisi wrote:setting off all kinda tinfoils
I like this expression, it evokes a bell made of tinfoil
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4197 (isolation #205) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:33 am

In post 4185, Titus wrote:You got more sorting words mate. StD and I each take different positions on you and both are reasonable, so more data please.
I mean... I think I've given
plenty
, certainly more than I've given by this time in most games.

Anything in particular you'd like to hear my thoughts on?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4199 (isolation #206) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:34 am

If Harley got replaced by an OMGUS bot, would anyone notice
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4201 (isolation #207) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:37 am

In post 4196, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 4138, Save The Dragons wrote:am i the only one who thinks it could be

shiro
/
harley
VOTE: STD
Why is it even scummy to be calling you scum here? If scum-STD were trying to mis-exe T/T Shiro/Harley, there's a far easier route...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4265 (isolation #208) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:14 am

In post 4260, GuiltyLion wrote:all of you are townreading your partners / not expressing even an iota of inclination of considering leaving.
This is kind of a theme this game, honestly. It's weird.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4340 (isolation #209) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:58 am

In post 4292, Shiro wrote:No point in repeating it Nancy, you are either scum with me or I have you ultra uber pocketed apparently.
If I can pocket Nancy for like four straight days, you can probably pocket her for one.

I don't recall if you've weighed in on this directly but... do you think you'd be able to pocket her as scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4341 (isolation #210) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:58 am

In post 4296, Titus wrote:Nancy/Shiro, StD is saying that Nancy isn't stubborn enough for my read to be valid.
Why don't you just have these conversations in the thread
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4349 (isolation #211) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:01 am

In post 4344, Titus wrote:The whole conversation that allegedly happened with StD was fake. He's been offline the entire time.
...okay, I guess that's a fair answer to my question. :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4361 (isolation #212) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:06 am

In post 4352, Shiro wrote:Thing is if I was scum do you expect me to say, yea tottally I can pocket her.
Maybe. Not everyone is honest like this as scum, but some people are.

I think I would have scumread you for saying it here because we had so much discussion about it and you never chimed in to say that, but it's still worth asking.

(I think I would have also scumread you for saying "absolutely not" because that seems very unlikely to me.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4366 (isolation #213) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:07 am

In post 4360, Harley Quinn wrote:But I really love how people think either me or Shiro are stupid or something, that either of us wouldn’t have pounced on the slightest thing being off from either of us in our PT.
I don't think anyone is stupid. I think you are often unrealistically confident in your reads. My source is every game we've ever played together.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4368 (isolation #214) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:08 am

In post 4364, Shiro wrote:Damned if I do and damned if I dont then xD
Well no you can say "I don't know" kinda like you did, that's probably the towniest response.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4374 (isolation #215) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:11 am

In post 4369, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:scum are mostly posturing and poisoning the well on pairings
can you clarify what you mean by this, and what the alternative would be?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4388 (isolation #216) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:20 am

In post 4378, Datisi wrote:do you really think the entire team bussed marci for the lols?
I don't see why not. That pair was clearly not making it very far and only the towniest scum really matters in this setup.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4395 (isolation #217) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:23 am

In post 4389, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Being lone scum in this setup is very hard because you have to find a way to remove literally every other pairing
Isn't it the same pairings that have to be removed regardless of how many scum are alive? Except in the case of a S/S pairing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4400 (isolation #218) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:26 am

In post 4398, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:And once you identify one correct TvT pairing, scum have no win condition left if there's only one left
If there's no S/S pairing they have no wincon no matter how many scum are left though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4414 (isolation #219) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:47 am

Why are we playing PT telephone

Just post your takes in the goddamn thread, it isn't hard
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4431 (isolation #220) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:56 am

In post 4427, Datisi wrote:can someone translate whatever is going on into english, i feel very stupid right now
I wish I could
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4466 (isolation #221) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:26 pm

In post 4442, RH9 wrote:OK, going to avoid main thread for a while.
Sigh
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4472 (isolation #222) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:27 pm

This thread needs more toucan in it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4479 (isolation #223) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:30 pm

In post 4470, Datisi wrote:who should be the next to eat the yeet
I've already wanted to follow Taly since this is probably his last chance to do something, and everything that's happened so far has only made me want to do that more. So don't ask me, ask him, I guess.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4515 (isolation #224) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:00 pm

Not if it's Nancy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4519 (isolation #225) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:04 pm

Oh my god you sound like a stuck record
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4708 (isolation #226) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:45 pm

In post 4686, GuiltyLion wrote:would def be interested in Smart's thoughts there based on the PT too
There's not much in the PT. I've tried to keep it that way.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4779 (isolation #227) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:18 am

In post 4769, Harley Quinn wrote:I think you scumclaimed with this. We both know you’re better than this at reading me.
I think we should put on a different record, this one sounds like it's skipping.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4781 (isolation #228) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:36 am

In post 4780, Harley Quinn wrote:No one is shutting me up.
No, but we can ignore you. And if you keep knee-jerk scumreading everyone who looks your way, I'm going to have to because it's not healthy for the game to engage with that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4782 (isolation #229) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:38 am

And I think that Datisi's post was a reasonable thought; it was not anything concrete. It's good to be asking questions like that, and I hate that you are trying to bury him for being inquisitive and coming up with ideas.

(I realize I said I wouldn't engage with it and then I immediately engaged. This one felt different though so I want to clarify my position.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4792 (isolation #230) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:58 am

In post 4788, Harley Quinn wrote:How would you feel if you poured your heart and soul into solving a game only to get all of your takes and opinions be ignored and get miselimed for your efforts?
This literally happened to me last week. It sucked, but life goes on. Get off your high horse.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4795 (isolation #231) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:00 am

In post 4788, Harley Quinn wrote:I don’t believe really believes we’re flipping scum here and neither does Ydrasse. Somehow they managed to bamboozle Taly.
Taly was the first person to call Shiro scum after the marci flip, FB was the second.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4798 (isolation #232) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:04 am

The really worrying part of this game is that basically every scum has succeeded in pocketing their dance partner.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4806 (isolation #233) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:08 am

In post 4800, Harley Quinn wrote:VOTE: SS

I caught scum. \o/
Wow this is a new one, you hallucinate that I'm talking about you and then vote me for it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4808 (isolation #234) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:10 am

In post 4804, Datisi wrote:maybe we have a s/s pair and the game is not that tragic?
Yeah I thought about that.

I want to do more dual ISO dives, those are great for evaluating S/S chance, but lolchristmas.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4813 (isolation #235) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:11 am

In post 4807, Harley Quinn wrote:4798 sounds like some version of tmi to me.
What's the TMI? Literally every person in the game except possibly Taly townreads their dance partner.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4814 (isolation #236) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:11 am

In post 4811, Harley Quinn wrote:You might want to think very carefully the specific wording you’re choosing and that’s all I will say about that.
Sorry. You imagine that I'm talking about you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4822 (isolation #237) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:18 am

In post 4808, Something_Smart wrote:I want to do more dual ISO dives, those are great for evaluating S/S chance
Man I really should have done this yesterday :/ I do not want to spend my holiday weekend reading ISO's but it seems like by far the best move for the gamestate to figure out which pairs have a high chance of being S/S. I'm starting to think it's a real possibility.

I can do it on Tuesday. Where does that leave us, deadline wise?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4827 (isolation #238) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:20 am

Yes, I agree Titus.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4831 (isolation #239) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:21 am

It's still worrying if there is though because they sure aren't making it easy for us.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe Shiro/HQ isn't a good flip because it's not likely to be S/S.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4832 (isolation #240) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:21 am

In post 4828, Galron wrote:Pooky shld slow down the clock for xmas
He already did, I thought.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4842 (isolation #241) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:27 am

In post 4840, Datisi wrote:why are they unlikely to be s/s, again? they paired because they're friends.
Because I townread Harley independently.

That post is based on my own personal thoughts, not consensus.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4845 (isolation #242) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:28 am

In post 4841, Harley Quinn wrote:Truthfully as I posted in main thread, I doubt much would be different because you would have probably accepted Galron’s proposal to not sit on the bleachers. The fact is if we decide that SS is scum it obviously translates to we a townie getting limmed pre dance anyway.
What is this in response to?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4850 (isolation #243) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:32 am

Because you think I TMI'd by observing that everyone townreads their partner? Or because of Galron?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4857 (isolation #244) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:41 am

In post 4853, Harley Quinn wrote:These are paraphrases of Shiro PT posts and I’m starting from the beginning if that’s not obvious.
Ah. I was very confused for a moment lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4861 (isolation #245) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:51 am

Please don't talk about that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4864 (isolation #246) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:55 am

Probably don't need to paraphrase posts about that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4898 (isolation #247) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:35 am

*blinks*
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4904 (isolation #248) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:37 am

In post 4900, Datisi wrote:every time i think this game cannot get worse

it gets worse
this is such a mood and I hate that I can't townread you for it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5116 (isolation #249) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:42 pm

In post 4934, Datisi wrote:do you think i'm an executioner here? do you think my wincon is eliminating harley and shiro? because of those two are t/t, they are a PERFECT tool for the scumteam. bullshit some nonsense reason that they're town, kiss their ass, they'll townread me, defend me, attack anyone who attacks me, and keep creating noise once people inevitably get paranoid of them.
Well, if they were T/T they would have to die for your wincon. And if they will never vote each other then the later it gets the harder it will be to kill them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5119 (isolation #250) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:48 pm

In post 5019, Harley Quinn wrote:This looks really bad for Galron. Choosing the towniest player then wanting them to endgame.
What's bad about that? Town also want to pair with town and endgame, if possible.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5122 (isolation #251) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:51 pm

In post 5066, Galron wrote:I looked through S_S's and Doubting Thomas's PT, and while it is just 2 pages, which is similar to mine and S_S's PT, S_S was much more into sharing his thoughts than he has been in his and my PT, which I find interesting and worth thinking about.
That was mostly during intermission. I don't think I posted much in there afterward.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5123 (isolation #252) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:52 pm

In post 5080, Shiro wrote:I don't get the point of taking info from a game 2 years old, people change
This too.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5124 (isolation #253) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:55 pm

In post 5115, Harley Quinn wrote:Him shouting at me to get off my “high horse” was probably one of the most antitown things I’ve ever read in any game ever. He was essentially arguing that I should just lay down and die and accept our slot being miselimed.
That's not what I meant. I wanted you to stop implying that you were going through something horrible that I could never understand.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5189 (isolation #254) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:29 pm

In post 5171, Harley Quinn wrote:Well, I very much doubt that’s what I meant. I felt you were trying to shut down my legitimate frustration att because I felt I was essentially screaming at the wind and bashing my head straight unto a brick wall.
In that post you were implying that getting mislimmed after trying hard is so terrible that it's worth it to be aggressive and confrontational.

I was saying that that isn't true, because getting mislimmed is a natural part of the game sometimes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5190 (isolation #255) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:30 pm

I do not think you should stop trying. I think that you are playing in a harmful way and "but I might get mislimmed after trying hard otherwise!" is not a good justification.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5221 (isolation #256) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:19 pm

In post 5205, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Which players, as scum, are capable of coaching their scum partners?
Usefully? Probably nobody?

I guess it depends on the extent of coaching you're referring to. Anyone can give advice, I doubt anyone could ghostwrite posts or coach entire read progressions.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5283 (isolation #257) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:25 pm

That's also just a terrible reason to townread someone in general.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5295 (isolation #258) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:31 pm

In post 5287, RH9 wrote:S_S, when did you say the words 'high horse'?

Harley was trying to AtE by pointing out how terrible it is to be town and try hard and still get mislimmed. This happened to me recently and I wasn't crushed the way she was implying and so I was not thrilled by the attempt.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5300 (isolation #259) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:33 pm

In post 5296, Andante wrote:Terrible to tr someone for having the same thoughts as you?
Same thoughts to you isn't always terrible, but townreading someone for following consensus is usually pretty bad.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5308 (isolation #260) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:36 pm

In post 5299, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:S_S what are your reads at?
My townreads have been pretty stable. In no order, FB, Andante, GL, RH9, Alyssa, Galron.

My thoughts on which pair I individually feel is best to lim are all over the place, but I'm currently in the camp that we should follow Taly because it's likely the only chance he gets, especially when there's clearly a lot of fragmentation among the rest of the town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5311 (isolation #261) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:37 pm

In post 5304, Andante wrote:If your first post was directed at me, I didn't TR Alyssa for "following a consensus" ...
It wasn't, it was just a response to Alyssa's comment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5321 (isolation #262) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:41 pm

FB/Andante are top on my reread list, if I get a chance to (it probably won't be until soon before the deadline). Those reads are both very old.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5324 (isolation #263) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:42 pm

If nothing else, the reread will serve to remind me why I townread them. I have only vague things in mind for both of them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5329 (isolation #264) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:43 pm

Yeah I was gonna say FB, that doesn't seem all that unusual to me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5364 (isolation #265) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:33 pm

In post 5351, Harley Quinn wrote:There’s no way in hell you thought any of that was fake.
I don't think it was fake... I think you're trying to justify the way you were playing with an appeal that didn't really work on me.

I don't doubt that you believe what you're saying, I'm just trying to convince you not to believe it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5365 (isolation #266) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:34 pm

In post 5361, Harley Quinn wrote:I prove Marci spewed cb town and suddenly he’s dropped me from his trs?
I actually just forgot to write you. I still townread you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5366 (isolation #267) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:35 pm

In post 5363, Harley Quinn wrote:And who is Taly currently voting?
I don't care who Taly is voting now, I care who Taly is voting at the end of the day.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5368 (isolation #268) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:43 pm

I don't agree with your logic on . I don't see why it couldn't have been distancing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5393 (isolation #269) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:30 am

In post 5369, Harley Quinn wrote:No it sounds to me like she wanted cb dead because he was sr her.
This is a circular argument. You're assuming catboi is town and then proving catboi is town. If he was scum, then marci obviously wouldn't really be afraid of him, but it would make sense for her to post something like that for distancing purposes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5394 (isolation #270) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:32 am

In post 5370, RH9 wrote:I just felt like if S_S got upset by me, I won't be able to recover, because he's real nice and seems like a good person.
Don't worry about it, I can handle it. Implosion is great anyway, I'm glad that you look up to him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5396 (isolation #271) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:37 am

In post 5392, Titus wrote:GuiltyLion has bad, unsupported pushes and lots of random words about irrelevant things.
Well, this not being scum indicative is the first thing that comes to mind. Clearly he doesn't think they're irrelevant, and if unsupported arguments were scummy then Harley would be all three remaining scum combined, so this feels more like a playstyle/personality clash to me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5397 (isolation #272) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:38 am

Titus, when was the last time you played with scum-Shiro? I know my wim varies significantly from scumgame to scumgame, why couldn't that be true of him?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5398 (isolation #273) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:40 am

Was the mindmeld you townread STD for in the main thread or in your PT? If the former, can you link it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5400 (isolation #274) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:47 am

In post 5399, Titus wrote:In Situation Room, his reads were on point and supported. He's fully capable of being a stronger player but he isn't.
But is that scummy? I recall his scumgame being pretty solid.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5405 (isolation #275) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:54 am

In post 5402, Titus wrote:Who's scumreading him here aside from me? That's a sign of a solid scumgame.
That's a good point, if completely ad-hoc. But my reasons for townreading him are that he doesn't really seem to have a solid game plan.

I haven't been great at reading him, so I'm open to other arguments, but I'm usually not enthused by meta from games I wasn't in.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5413 (isolation #276) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:05 am

In post 5411, Datisi wrote:i haven't played with scum!him, but i've heard he's a Really Good scumplayer
He is, yes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5426 (isolation #277) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:31 am

In post 5423, Galron wrote:Think this is +town for Titus if Alyssa is town. Not feeling out Alyssa/Titus s/s but it would take a lot to get there.
You mean, because you think Alyssa is probably right about Titus? Or what
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5511 (isolation #278) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:07 pm

In post 5508, Harley Quinn wrote:I’ve played enough games to know that this is the way scum treats a townie they feel threatened by.
I mean, not always. I definitely don't do that. Have you played with scum marci before?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5693 (isolation #279) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:51 am

In post 5673, Firebringer wrote:I still want SS and RH9 to be voting and not sidelining here.
I don't especially want the day to end before I have a chance to do reading tomorrow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5937 (isolation #280) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:16 pm

Did someone say they needed someone to be nice to Taly :P

I'm on mobile and can only give the game half attention till tomorrow, but if there's anything you want to chat about I'm down.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5945 (isolation #281) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:21 pm

In post 5938, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:S_S what are your reads again
Pretty much the same as the last time you asked. (Harley should be in that list as well, I forgot to write her.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5949 (isolation #282) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:23 pm

In post 5939, Firebringer wrote:U can be nice to taly by putting ur GOD DAMN VOTE SOMEWHERE
I will if he asks me to. All else being equal, I wanted the day to last till tomorrow so I can do some reading.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6039 (isolation #283) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:25 pm

In post 5994, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:but I still believe that the gamestate is in a really shitty spot and that 90+% of the cause is that there are way too many players in this game that both believe they are in a TvT pair and that they should endgame
This is basically what I was getting at with "every scum has pocketed their dance partner", yeah.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6062 (isolation #284) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:18 pm

Well, my pet theory is that the IC almost always dies if they're partnered with town.

Taly should give his thoughts on Ydrasse, of course, but I don't feel like that pair should be endgaming.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6071 (isolation #285) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:35 pm

In post 6067, GuiltyLion wrote:The question is if Taly should leave earlier so we can get the info from a Ydra flip, or later in the offchance this is all WIFOM and Ydra is town and we might hit scum elsewhere first
I think later because then we also get the benefit of an alive toucan.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6074 (isolation #286) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:41 pm

I do not think that having voted Andante makes anyone town when it was known that FB was going to leave.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6076 (isolation #287) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:42 pm

It makes Shiro look better, for sure. But not "damned obvious".
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6183 (isolation #288) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:23 am

In post 6181, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I think the endgame with both our pairings gone is very sketchy in general
Seems to me that this mostly comes down to whether Shiro is scum. If he is then we're going to have a real hard time killing him if you and Taly are both gone.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6186 (isolation #289) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:04 am

Yeah.

How are you feeling about Shiro at the moment?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6201 (isolation #290) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:55 am

In post 6193, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Shiro is lock town
Because of his recent posts, or were you waiting for something before saying this?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6228 (isolation #291) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:29 pm

In post 6226, Harley Quinn wrote:when I pointed out that I had never in my entire history of playing mafia, ever heard scum talk to a buddy the way Marci talked about cb, he called that “circular reasoning”.
For what it's worth, this didn't happen. The part that was circular was when you said "marci was scared of catboi therefore he's town." The argument that the way marci treated catboi is rarely S/S is valid, and I wanted to go look for a counterexample but I figured it wouldn't change anything. I'm sure I've seen it, but you're right that it's not very common.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6318 (isolation #292) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:42 am

Scum-Nancy is capable of some pretty epic AtE.

I townread her for other reasons, but it's worth throwing that out there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6338 (isolation #293) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:08 am

Why would Titus dying implicate the people pushing her? I would expect that scum wouldn't kill someone they think they can mis-exe.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6380 (isolation #294) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:07 pm

That makes two of us.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6381 (isolation #295) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:08 pm

(@ GL)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6382 (isolation #296) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:19 pm

After Shiro/HQ my tentative flip order would be Taly/Ydrasse -> GL/Dats -> RH9/Alyssa, I guess.

But I'm definitely willing to listen to Taly and Alyssa, my reads this game have not been super strong or super good.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6384 (isolation #297) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:27 pm

Azelf used minimize and the attack missed.

I'm sorry. You said you didn't want to leave first or second?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6385 (isolation #298) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:28 pm

I'm not opposed to switching around the first two. I still feel like my pair is the best chance to endgame but if not then it would probably be RH9/Alyssa.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6397 (isolation #299) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:43 pm

In post 6392, Harley Quinn wrote:If you want us to lose. GL tmi’d Dats/Ydra as town right after I said I wanted Altssa/RH9 to leave last. GL knows that both Andante/Tirus flips spew me/Shiro town and thinks RH9 has a much better chance wuth you/Galron in endgame.

It’s not rocket science.
I'm pretty sure that team would still lose in F4. But like I said I'm not opposed to doing GL/Dats first, I just don't feel comfortable letting Ydrasse near endgame.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6422 (isolation #300) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:24 pm

In post 6418, Harley Quinn wrote:as soon as me/Shiro flip T-T, everyone is going to ignore this and hand gl/RH9 the victory.
I don't plan to do this if that happens, for the record. And I don't think Alyssa does either.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6448 (isolation #301) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:46 pm

In post 6445, Shiro wrote:I am planning to leave anyway Harley. There is no point, the paranoia we are creating is doing more harm than good.
When? I was planning to hammer before I went to bed but I can hold off for a bit, I just don't want this to drag on too much.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6472 (isolation #302) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:00 pm

In post 6462, Taly wrote:
Shiro/GL/Aly/Taly
leave in this order?
If we're fixing me/Galron as the endgame pair then yeah, it makes sense for you to leave last to avoid any S/S edge case bullshit.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6474 (isolation #303) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:01 pm

In post 6471, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:you lost your faith in players for agreeing to a leave order that ensures town wins by your measure

O K A Y
There's a reason I didn't want this to go on too long
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6489 (isolation #304) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:07 pm

Timeshit is an accurate description of town that game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6497 (isolation #305) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:10 pm

In post 6490, Shiro wrote:I barely remember the timshit game tbh how old is that?
A couple years ago. I don't think you were in it, either?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6522 (isolation #306) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:40 pm

I think if it is GL/RH9 he kinda has to go for the mindgame and hope.

Pedit: yeah that
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6524 (isolation #307) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:42 pm

In post 6523, Taly wrote:
S_S
, you aren't deepwolfing with
Aly
are you?
I would be shitting numerous bricks.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6526 (isolation #308) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:45 pm

It means my scumgame always crashes and burns at a certain point.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6528 (isolation #309) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:45 pm

I can link my best scumgame for you if you want. But even then I wasn't able to keep it up the whole game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6529 (isolation #310) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:46 pm

In post 6527, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:weren't we scumpartners in timeshift?
Yeah but you replaced out fairly early didn't you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6530 (isolation #311) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:46 pm

The entire scumteam did nothing that game and just watched town go down in flames.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6534 (isolation #312) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:56 pm

I wanted to at least make sure they both had a chance to post.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6544 (isolation #313) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:40 pm

In post 6535, GuiltyLion wrote:I think probably Galron is scum, Galron and RH9 maybe if both Ydra and Dats are town.
Remind me why you townread Ydrasse again?

I'm really skeptical that scum were confident enough in Taly doubting her to stake the game on it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6551 (isolation #314) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:06 pm

That's E-2 I think
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6580 (isolation #315) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:03 am

In post 6558, Taly wrote:SS, reads?
My individual reads look something like Alyssa > Galron > ??? > Ydrasse.

I can do an ISO dive of GL/Datisi, but I really don't feel like it would help... I have a pretty bad track record of reading both of them. There's a reason I was counting on you and Alyssa to lead here, and it's not (just) because I'm lazy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6581 (isolation #316) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:05 am

In post 6577, Taly wrote:I officially hate being town in large themes.
This setup is especially brutal. I'm sorry if the way I'm playing is increasing the pressure on you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6582 (isolation #317) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:08 am

In post 6578, Datisi wrote:she entered saying how shiro is locktown, then strated talking how it's either his pair flips first or last, and then she started talking about a shiro/galron possible team and how she's scared that's it and that's why she's willing to yeet shiro/harley
Why does she do the Shiro locktown bit at all as scum? That's a losecon if people start following her, and if nothing else it's something for Harley to jump on ("you said Shiro was locktown and now you're pushing him???").
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6585 (isolation #318) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:14 am

I think you're awesome and will still think that even if we lose.

What makes you feel something's wrong?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6588 (isolation #319) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:16 am

That's true.

Was she really calling Galron scum? I don't remember that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6589 (isolation #320) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:16 am

In post 6587, Datisi wrote:btw, that is why my reaction to seeing taly was the ic was "thank the fucking rngesus it's not me"
This is why you rep in so you can be sure you aren't repping into an IC slot :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6592 (isolation #321) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:22 am

Right, it was all conditional on Shiro flipping scum. I guess I filtered that stuff out because it wasn't relevant before the flip.

I guess I should probably do a review of why I townread Alyssa at some point. Damn her ISO is long though
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6593 (isolation #322) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:24 am

I don't think her stance on that pair is implausible coming from town, though. Like she was kinda right that it would have been way harder to vote them out later on.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6595 (isolation #323) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:28 am

Well obviously she changed her mind.

I guess she can come in and talk about her thought process there more, that wouldn't hurt.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6641 (isolation #324) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:37 pm

Taly, I can't speak to anything that happened in the PT, but I still feel like it's pretty unlikely that the scumteam would leave your pair alive if it's T/T. That would risk you coming out with a townread on Ydrasse, which would pretty much singlehandedly lose scum the game if they didn't have a S/S pairing.

Especially since the pair that died was STD/Titus, not a universally townread pair, or even the most townread pair overall. It may be that scum really wanted Titus dead... but Titus scumread Ydrasse, so that points back to her anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6648 (isolation #325) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:00 am

In post 6645, Datisi wrote:and similarly with the taly's proposal of him/ydra endgaming, here's there to talk about how scum never leaves the t/t ic pair alive etc etc.
I have been arguing this since the beginning of second dance...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6650 (isolation #326) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:06 am

I don't understand any of that post honestly. I haven't tried to shut down many things other than this, and I've been pretty insistent that Ydrasse shouldn't endgame, it's not a reactive thing. I have presented my own reads, and preferred leave order, and I've said that I will defer to what Taly wants.

I am in a good position gamestate-wise, at least I hope so, so why wouldn't I want to keep it that way, regardless of my alignment?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6652 (isolation #327) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:13 am

Well yes and that's true if I'm town and you're scum too.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6654 (isolation #328) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:20 am

What would you expect me to be doing as town though? I can't read you or GL for shit, I don't think I could ever become confident on RH9 one way or the other, and I have been trying to work with Taly and Alyssa mostly to try and all get on the same page which seems pretty valuable.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6657 (isolation #329) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:34 am

I am. I guess I could ISO dive him; I fully intended to at some point if the game didn't end first, but once some more flips happened so I'd have as much context for it as possible. I'm partially sheeping Alyssa (which is the case with pretty much all my reads, honestly).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6658 (isolation #330) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:35 am

In post 6655, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Would it be valuable if my and Taly's PTs were paraphrased in here
Probably not to me. I haven't found that PT paraphrasing gives much, you lose a lot in translation and you lose the timing which is pretty important. I guess if there are particularly important sections you want to share.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6710 (isolation #331) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:26 am

In post 863, Galron wrote:I didn't see that coming. I'm going to fight marci for this. And I want LLD to endgame.

Wanna hit the dance floor LLD?

Take your time.
In post 877, Galron wrote:
In post 872, marcistar wrote:
In post 863, Galron wrote:I didn't see that coming. I'm going to fight marci for this. And I want LLD to endgame.

Wanna hit the dance floor LLD?

Take your time.
IT"S ON
Is this S/S?

I guess it's plausible.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6711 (isolation #332) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:28 am

Already at this point in Galron's ISO I've seen a lot of early game posts that feel pretty genuine, though. , , , .
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6713 (isolation #333) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:40 am

Feels like the kind of thing I'd be tempted to qualify or weaken as scum. Not a super strong feeling but I liked it when I read through it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6714 (isolation #334) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:53 am

Galron proposed to quite a lot of people... I think over half the ladies in total, though not concurrently.

If he is scum, this means that he didn't really have a plan. He showed an interest in endgaming when proposing to LLD, but he wasn't even particularly townread at that point. When he proposes to Harley though it's in order to solve her; this seems backwards to me (propose to someone THEN solve them) but I've never been a huge believer in sorting in hoods.

I guess if he's scum his plan was probably just "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks", try to get any pairing available and mix things up to distract from his partners, but that doesn't really track with how he played after the dance started.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6716 (isolation #335) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:01 am

He did a pretty similar thing, though it was more of a last-minute thing, and he explicitly attributed it to panic/fear of being left with a bad partner.

Between the two approaches, both are +town I think, but RH9's moreso.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6720 (isolation #336) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:12 am

In post 6717, Ydrasse wrote:why aren’t you voting gl/dats then : ?
because there doesn't seem to be a reason to rush through this?

If Taly asks me to vote I will vote.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6721 (isolation #337) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:15 am

In post 2192, Galron wrote:
In post 2187, Ydrasse wrote:i dont have the spoons to have this conversation right now but you are being unpleasant to interact with to some degree by insulting people's abilities (not paragon worthy, is anyone paying attention) etc, would suggest being a bit nicer about it

peace
I thought this was the site meta actually.
lmao
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6722 (isolation #338) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:18 am

In post 2512, Galron wrote:I was impatient and wanted to move on. Besides, I figured the three of us were likely town so it didn't really matter. I probably should have given mala a chance to talk, but I didn't see how waiting any longer would change anything.
This feels important.

The mindset pissed me off then, and it pisses me off now, but it seems like he's not thinking about the wider game at all. In a vacuum this would be +town, but given that we already knew his game was bigger-picture focused it seems awfully blunt.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6724 (isolation #339) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:21 am

I guess not, but this is a pretty critical point in the game, so I don't think it hurts to make sure there's some coordination.

Just a philosophy difference, I guess. Surely this is not the first time you've seen me do this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6725 (isolation #340) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:22 am

Ydrasse, how do you feel about the GL/Dats wagon?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6728 (isolation #341) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:26 am

In post 6726, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Another vote on GL/Dats is one away from death
That too, although I'm not sure quickhammering would be a smart play for scum even if GL/Dats are T/T.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6730 (isolation #342) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:26 am

Good timing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6743 (isolation #343) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:26 am

In post 6739, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm kinda surprised you of all people think any of these posts are worthy of a townread? Like aren't you the guy who is usually sees nearly everything as NAI
I look for different things than most people. Those are posts that don't really look like people would townread them, but they serve important purposes in his hunting, which is why I felt that way. Each one is a relatively minor read, I only mentioned them because I saw several in a short time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6744 (isolation #344) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:28 am

In post 6740, GuiltyLion wrote:also, has she not made this clear already?
She hasn't said much about it since the Shiro/HQ flip. Only , but that's not conclusive.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6746 (isolation #345) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:29 am

And she seems to be encouraging me to join the wagon without really expressing an opinion on it which I felt was odd given she doesn't seem to support it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6747 (isolation #346) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:30 am

Actually, that's a good point about . I didn't realize that it was to marci, so scratch that one.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6787 (isolation #347) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:35 pm

Hi Taly

Do you still think GL/Dats should go first?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6791 (isolation #348) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:44 pm

In post 6789, GuiltyLion wrote:@Smart what do you make of this
Looks like nothing to me-- it doesn't seem different from saying "X scumreads Y", obviously if they are scum it's not a true scumread and they're only acting that way. I interpreted Galron's post the same way (he thought you were acting paranoid).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6793 (isolation #349) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:51 pm

No?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6815 (isolation #350) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:16 pm

In post 6795, GuiltyLion wrote:Why does someone say their scumread is being paranoid. It's only authentic paranoia if I'm town and don't know his alignment. If he thought I was scum he wouldn't think I am being "paranoid" because he think I'm faking reasons to suspect/vote him
I'm not going to put words in his mouth, but I can see town doing this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6832 (isolation #351) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:37 pm

In post 6818, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm having a reaaalllll hard time believing that you don't see any issue with this whatsoever
My rule of thumb for scumslips is that if you think something is a scumslip, it isn't.

It's a bit of a weird reaction to your scumread scumreading you back, but it seems like maybe he doesn't scumread you as much as you thought, and I also don't see why he would be comparatively more motivated to say something like that as scum unless his scumplay is so basic that he goes "someone suspecting me, better discredit them" without even thinking about it. (I can clarify this bit if necessary, it refers to a concept that I use frequently but that doesn't really have a good name.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6858 (isolation #352) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:35 pm

In post 6849, GuiltyLion wrote:sorry but this is probably one of those things we axiomatically clash over

I have caught plenty of scum off of perspective slips before. oftentimes I doubt myself and don't regard it as a surefire thing but to suggest that scum don't slip ever seems absurd to me
Differing experiences, I guess? I don't feel like I see this often.

Regardless, can you at least understand where I'm coming from? I see people say this kind of thing sometimes with regards to a read without explicitly bringing up that they believe the read might not be genuine.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6861 (isolation #353) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:36 pm

In post 6854, Taly wrote:VOTE: SS/Galron
I can hear the screams from the dead thread
Why are you doing it then...?

Iirc Titus and Nancy were both pretty convinced that we were T/T. What makes you think that was wrong?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6862 (isolation #354) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:37 pm

Galron said he was going to leave before Taly voted us. I don't know why he didn't just say it here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6864 (isolation #355) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:38 pm

One minute before you voted, Galron said in the PT that he was going to announce here that he planned to leave after 24 hours.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6873 (isolation #356) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:42 pm

In post 6865, Taly wrote:Because I keep waffling on which pair is T/T and this is dragging a but much.
If multiple dead town, including one who was NK'd and very possibly for her reads, were confident in something like this, you should give them the benefit of the doubt at least for a little while. I swear I'm not just saying this because it benefits me, you know that I respect the reads of anyone who's been confirmed town pretty heavily.

I still feel our pair is the best shot to endgame, I recognize that you might feel differently and I'll leave if you really want me to, but killing us now seems like a lose condition.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6878 (isolation #357) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:45 pm

In post 6876, GuiltyLion wrote:I hope you give me this same respect with regard to Galron if I'm flipped here
I will, yeah. How confident are you in the read?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6905 (isolation #358) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:19 pm

why are you ignoring the dead reads
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6914 (isolation #359) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:32 pm

My worry is that if Galron and I flip first and flip T/T then it will be very hard to kill GL/Dats if there's scum in them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6915 (isolation #360) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:32 pm

VOTE: GL/Datisi
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6917 (isolation #361) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:34 pm

If GL/Dats flip T/T and Ydrasse flips scum, I think I'd be willing to trust Alyssa and leave there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6919 (isolation #362) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:35 pm

I already said I'll leave if Taly tells me to.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6932 (isolation #363) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:50 pm

In post 6931, RH9 wrote:referencing outdated reads and PoEs and trying to divert attention to them
Why is that bad?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6935 (isolation #364) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:59 pm

Titus and Harley were adamant that my pair was town. FB was not adamant about any read. It's not a cherry-pick.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6941 (isolation #365) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:45 pm

I didn't recall him being that confident, but looking back it looks like he was. Honestly my bad.

UNVOTE:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6943 (isolation #366) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:47 pm

Yes. I didn't remember that FB was as confident as he was on GL/Datisi town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6958 (isolation #367) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:48 am

In post 6950, Datisi wrote:s_s, what's your plan for now?
I still really want to see Ydrasse's flip, if I'm being honest :/

VOTE: Taly/Ydrasse
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6964 (isolation #368) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:44 am

I mean my arguments are more than that... it doesn't really have to do with how she's playing at all, actually.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6979 (isolation #369) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:19 am

Hey that makes two of us

If you think it's Ydrasse/Galron why don't you flip Ydrasse first?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6980 (isolation #370) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:21 am

I'm pretty sure at this point that Galron is not scum, by the way.

So like hey if you scumread me, there's only so much I can do, I think I've well exceeded the threshold for being readable this game. But if you scumread Galron, then try taking
my
opinion into account for once.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6985 (isolation #371) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:23 am

I'm pretty conflicted about who I think should endgame, by the way. GL was meh in past days but has seemed pretty genuine today, RH9 I liked early but he dropped off.

I think I would go with RH9/Alyssa, trusting Alyssa that Ydrasse/RH9 is unlikely. If Ydrasse is town then I think we've already lost.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6987 (isolation #372) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:24 am

In post 6981, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:That's pretty irrelevant at this stage
But I think I'm pretty unique in that my read is not for mystical PT reasons. It's literally based on stuff in the thread, he said he was gonna leave and has done nothing to back that up, if he's scum he threw away his only escape option.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6988 (isolation #373) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:25 am

In post 6986, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I'm curious why you think Titus/STD were killed
Why I do? Because they couldn't kill Taly and they thought Titus would be dangerous and/or hard to execute if left alive, presumably.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6989 (isolation #374) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:26 am

In post 6984, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:And ydrasse flip doesn't say anything about anyone else's alignment
Didn't you say Ydrasse/RH9 aren't teamed?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6992 (isolation #375) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:27 am

Threatening to leave is different from planning to leave.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6993 (isolation #376) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:27 am

In post 6991, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
In post 6984, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:And ydrasse flip doesn't say anything about anyone else's alignment

Only thing it would do is make me insist my pairing is the last one standing if she's scum
Yes and if you're right that's game winning, so how is that not useful
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6999 (isolation #377) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:32 am

In post 6997, Ydrasse wrote:like what the fuck do you want me to do say sorry taly i don’t want to do this and peace out
I mean you shouldn't ever leave as the IC's partner, you should keep that decision up to them. So the threat was always going to be empty.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7357 (isolation #378) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:06 pm

This game took several years off my lifespan.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7462 (isolation #379) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:03 pm

In post 7457, GuiltyLion wrote:S_S in particular I wanna give a shoutout on the scumteam, totally turned his slot around from a difficult spot to replace into, he totally snowed me and it's not the first time he's done that but maaaan I even had my guard up this time and he still did it, well played and gosh it must have been rough to go down like that at the final hour, I think if Datisi/I were limmed instead you very likely could have won
<3

I realized that I really don't like dance games during this game. I know they're a big cultural thing on the site, and they usually have fire playerlists (as this one did), but man, they do not match my strengths as a player at all. It hurt so much to see Norwee and Galron get suspected and there really wasn't much we could do about it. It was basically impossible for me to predict how people were going to act; as Pooky illustrated I thought we had no need to hammer you (and yes, Ydrasse was available to do so) and I failed to predict basically every read reversal and kept making plans that turned out awfully as a result. (Also, I always used to get annoyed when people impulsively left, only to realize this time how much more painful it is if nobody wants to leave.)

Despite that, I did have fun, though I was enormously stressed for a lot of it. Thanks for modding Pooky.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7469 (isolation #380) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:12 pm

In post 7465, Firebringer wrote:If you kept up that same energy level u had pre intermission, u def would have carried to end but u totally lost all motivation it seemed like that is the biggest criticism.
It was a combination of unfortunate timing (New Year's weekend having been pretty busy for me) and having to tread very lightly around Nancy that kept me from doing this, I think. If I did a big wall and ended with "...and therefore Shiro has a greater than 1% chance of being scum", I'm not sure that would have worked in my favor.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”