Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7475 (isolation #200) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 7649, Good Luck Buddy wrote:Christmas was 2 days ago...
And the dude was prodded but it has not been 24 hours since the prod

Pls calm
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7504 (isolation #201) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:35 am

Twilight begins ends right before I go to bed or when all living players vote to fast twilight.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7505 (isolation #202) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:36 am

I'll actually make a VC now.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7516 (isolation #203) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:26 pm

Anything uPick: Votecount 7.end of day

Galron (4): Sakura Hana, Taly, Deimos27, Ydrasse
RadiantCowbells (1): Good Luck Buddy
Deimos27 (1): Galron
Good Luck Buddy (0):
Sakura Hana
(0):
Taly (0):
Ydrasse (0):

Not Voting: No one for the first time I think

With 6 alive it's 4 to lim.

The day will end in (expired on 2022-05-07 11:00:00).
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7517 (isolation #204) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:48 pm

Galron has been limmed! They were Zuzu the Vegetable Farmer.

Spoiler: Role PM
Welcome, Galron. You are Zuzu the Vegetable Farmer. You are a Mad Scientist Vegetable Vendor.

Zuzu the Vegetable Farmer grows magnificent veggies; called for far and wide. Carrots that taste like broasted turkey legs, beets that favor plums, and corn that melts on the tongue like ice cream. In his lab, Zuzu splices and dices and grafts bits of one plant to another, a grand display of his mastery of botany.

Grafter (Mad Scientist): Every first target will take a bit of a role, not impacting that player. The second target will receive the role, giving them some ability that the original player possessed.
Vegetable Vendor (Fruit Vendor): Everyone you target will know that they received either carrots, beets, or corn. You may choose which to dish out.

You win when the Mafia have been removed or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Night 7 begins, submit action and fast night to speed it up!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7518 (isolation #205) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:22 pm

Deimos27 has died! They were Clemency.

Welcome, Deimos27. You are Clemency, Town Neighbour Mason.

all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph

Fated Connection (Mason): You are a mason with Clemency, played by Deimos27, and you may discuss the game here.
'Scummer (Neighbour): You are a neighbour with other scummers and may discuss the game here.

You win when the Mafia have been removed or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Dawn 8 begins!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7519 (isolation #206) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:59 am

The prayers of many have reached Sanae Kochiya in their dying moments, bolstering her power and fueling her ascension to godhood.

As her power waxes she reaches her 13th prayer and creates a miracle, ascending to divinity and winning the game for her team.

Sakura Hana was Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess.

Welcome, Sakura Hana. You are Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess. You are a Mafia Faith-Collecting Deity.

Something like winning a match can't be compared to a miracle!

Prayers to Moriya (Faith-Dependent): Every time a town-aligned player dies, they will have the option to pray to you. As you receive prayers, you will gain stronger and stronger 1-use power roles.

Shrine Maiden (Loved): At 3 prayers you become loved for the remainder of the game. This modifier ceases to work in XLo.
Mighty Wind (1-Shot Strongman Ninja Vigilante): At 5 prayers once per game you may target a player for a nightkill that will use both the strongman and ninja modifiers. This is independent of the factional nightkill.
Gray Thaumaturgy (Triple Role Cop): At 7 prayers once per game you can discover 3 roles. This ability cannot be roleblocked.
Forgotten Ritual (Mass Roleblock): At 10 prayers, you can roleblock every town-aligned player together. This supercedes all other actions.
OR
Forgotten Ritual (1-Shot Loyal Vig): At 10 prayers, you can target a player with a Loyal Vig action.
Miracle (Non-standard Win Condition): At 13 prayers, you can cause a miracle and win the game instantly for your team.
Mafia (Mafia): You are aligned with the Mafia and can discuss the game with your teammates here.

You win when the Town have been removed or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Your fakeclaim is as follows:

Welcome, Sakura Hana. You are Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess. You are a Faith-Collecting Deity.

Something like winning a match can't be compared to a miracle!

Prayers to Moriya (Faith-Dependent): Every time a town-aligned player dies, they will have the option to pray to you. As you receive prayers, you will gain stronger and stronger 1-use power roles.

Shrine Maiden (Loved): At 3 prayers you become loved for the remainder of the game. This modifier ceases to work in XLo.
Mighty Wind (1-Shot Parity Cop): At 5 prayers once per game you may target two player and learn whether they are the same alignment or different.
Gray Thaumaturgy (Triple Role Cop): At 7 prayers once per game you can discover 3 roles. This ability cannot be interfered with.
Forgotten Ritual (2-Shot Disloyal Vig): At 10 prayers, you can pick two players and disloyally vig them, killing them if they are not on your team.
Miracle (Divine Ascension): At 13 prayers, you leave the game. As you leave, you are given the full scumteam and have the option of strongman killing one of your choice.

Anything uPick has ended!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7520 (isolation #207) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:01 am

Good Luck Buddy was Naruto Uzumaki, Seventh Hokage.

Welcome, Good Luck Buddy! You are Naruto Uzumak, Seventh Hokage. You are a 20-Use Multitarget Ninja Tracker.

If you didn't like the hand that fate's dealt you, then time to fight for a new one?

Shadow Clone (20-Use Multitarget): Each night you may target unlimited players with your action, but you will be unable to determine which of your results was which. You may track a total of 20 players during the game.
Sage Mode (Ninja Tracker): Each night you may target players, determining which players they visited. You don't show up on results for investigatives of the motion classes, such as watchers trackers voyeurs et al.

Taly was Taly, Friendly Woodpecker.

Welcome, Taly. You are Taly, Friendly Woodpecker. You are a Self-Targeting Friendly Neighbour Neighbour.

the range of quality with my gameplay ranges from absolute shit to amazing regardless of alignment.

I choose me! (Self-Targeting): You compulsively target yourself every night in the game, in the same way you chose to pick yourself.
Friendly! (Friendly Neighbour): Your target will learn that you are town-aligned.
'Scummer (Neighbour): You are a neighbour with other scummers and may discuss the game here.

You win when the Mafia have been removed or nothing can prevent this from happening

Ydrasse was Jaina Proudmoore.

Welcome, Ydrasse. You are Jaina Proudmoore, Informing 1-Shot Reflexive Roleblocker 1-Shot Doublevoter 3-Shot Jailkeeper.

We are, all of us, our own phoenixes, if we choose to be. Out of the ashes, we can be reborn.

Flash Freeze (1-Shot Reflexive Roleblocker): Once per game you may flash freeze, freezing any player who targets you. They will get a message saying they were "encased in ice."
Water Elemental (1-Shot Doublevoter): Once per game you may summon a water elemental, who will vote the same person you vote and give you two votes.
Frozen Solid (3-Shot Jailkeeper): Thrice per game you may encase a player in ice, both protecting them from nightkills and roleblocking them. They will get a message saying they were "encased in ice."

You may only use one ability each night.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7521 (isolation #208) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:02 am

Anything uPick has ended in a
Mafia
Victory!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7545 (isolation #209) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:43 am

I've decided not to post night actions

everyone can post their own if they want but I don't really want to encourage postgame warrioring
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7547 (isolation #210) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:53 am

design philosophy wise I modelled this game after Varsoon's game design, with particular inspiration from Saga Frontier

I really hated the specific nonstandard win condition in that game but I thought that the idea was still overall interesting enough to want to design one and how to implement one is something I've thought about quite a bit over the years so I was quite happy to see the role that Sakura submitted

If she was town she would have had a similar 13 pointer but it would have had a Mecha'cthun inspired win condition that required her to be hammered by scum in endgame with her vote on herself but I didn't fully flesh it out

NK15's role is outside of the typical scope of one of my games but I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out; I know that several people were unhappy with how it played out and I do think that it's reasonable not to expect something like that in one of my games if you're expecting an experience consistent with my past moderating experience but I was going for a different approach to the game to see what people's thoughts were

if there's anything else people want to comment on or ask me, feel free!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7560 (isolation #211) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:39 am

I don't like games to be solvable by role claim. GrandpaMo had an even better fakeclaim in my opinion, but just because someone's claim is towny != they are town.

When I design scum roles I design their town claims first so that every scum role I design has a role that fits neatly into the game overall.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7579 (isolation #212) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:39 am

Her role denied town 1 lim that no living or dead townie would have advocated be used on her. I think when 13/14 of the dead town call you town you deserve to have nice things. If her role didn't exist she still would have won this MyLo so
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7603 (isolation #213) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:06 pm

I think Sakura played very well and overall scum made fairly good night actions and town tied their hands up but still managed to keep punching themselves in the face. I'm happy with the outcome and not really sympathetic to people who think Sakura's alt wincon was unfair outside of a broader 'alt wincons are unfair', town has a long list of powerful roles and the vast majority of them were not used well enough to win even in a setup that was specifically designed to prevent town from accruing clears and guilties over time. Shout out to Jjh for the 1-shot bodyguard death speedrun

Also something to seriously consider about Sakura Hana: if her role is so town what if it's a lie? No one can verify praying to her or not, you know.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7621 (isolation #214) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:16 pm

I don't necessarily think it saves town here.

I don't think Sakura did anything that doesn't align with her fakeclaim and i think that she can easily just say "yeah i disloyal vigged [blank] tonight, so we are liming in [other two] without much questioning if the alt wincon doesn't pan through which is the power of scum having coherent fakeclaims and playing to their fakeclaims

I understand SS not going with his fakeclaim in the state of the game but i don't think Sakura can really be trapped mechanically outside of 'how are scum this braindead just sitting and watching while she systematically obliterates them'
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7626 (isolation #215) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:20 pm

Yeah, scum not doing something about Sakura is the biggest asterisk in the game
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7629 (isolation #216) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:25 pm

I don't think your fakeclaim is horrible to be honest, just that it would have taken a solid 3-4 hours of backtracking to reverse engineer viable target selections for

Basically I'm telling you not to claim the roleblock because it allows you to use it fully proscum and also to claim something that likely doesn't reach lylo but is also almost never elimed early and to try to bring down Ydrasse

Redirector claims redirect because it's an absurd power role, you get to use the vanillaizer as a purely proscum action, and by outing it and possibly giving Taly his IC status you can keep the role alive to play disruption all game. Queen is actually the 'best' role that scum has given that Sakura's is very feast or famine.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7630 (isolation #217) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:26 pm

I just don't think your fakeclaim is easy to play, is more of what i think is valid than 'my fakeclaim was bad'
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7631 (isolation #218) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:29 pm

Shout out to Gmo having the easiest fakeclaim in the game

-target person who is widely townread
-person gets fruit and lives and is not roleocked
-person dies later on a night they weren't given fruit
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7632 (isolation #219) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:31 pm

Also since you're fully disposable as Rundas you can just yolo claim a guilty on whoever the fuck you want and take out a townish slot
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7634 (isolation #220) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:32 pm

I'm not really criticizing play I'm more just explaining the synergy as i envisioned it in an optimal game
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7637 (isolation #221) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:33 pm

I've actually posted in game thread instead of scum PT before
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7639 (isolation #222) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:33 pm

Beta work vs Chad letting Sakura do all the work
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7640 (isolation #223) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:41 pm

also scumbag creature

need you to spew us town? nowhere to be seen
cleared in mylo? shows up in scum PT "HEY GUYS HOW CAN WE SOLVE THIS GAME"
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7643 (isolation #224) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:56 pm

:eyes:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7668 (isolation #225) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:37 pm

Dead PT

Scum hood mason PTs will be opened in 48 hours barring an objection
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7683 (isolation #226) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:43 pm

sus
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7688 (isolation #227) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:38 pm

nope surely not.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7690 (isolation #228) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:48 pm

:eyes:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7692 (isolation #229) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:51 pm

look

A lot of town made poor decisions, no one person deserves blame.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7695 (isolation #230) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:52 pm

let's blame ank
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7703 (isolation #231) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:04 pm

Welcome, NK15. You are an Empty sheet of Paper, a fresh, clean start. You are a Delayed-Entry Re-Roller.

C'mon Hobbes old buddy, let's go exploring!

Empty (Delayed-Entry): You are currently empty and will not immediately participate in the game.
A blank slate! (Re-Roll): Each night you may submit a role and will get a new role each dawn, always town.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7705 (isolation #232) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:39 pm

I feel like I want to nominate Sakura for something but I'm not sure what if anything fits
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7727 (isolation #233) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:42 pm

Scum PT
MS Hood
Mason PT
Eastern Bloc Scum PT
Eastern Bloc
Western Bloc Scum PT
Western Bloc

personal/hydra PTs will only be released under specific request, mod pt contains discussion pertinent to potential future games so that's not gonna be released either
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7743 (isolation #234) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:04 am

In post 7741, SirCakez wrote:
Hi friends - we noticed that there was a "counting game" that led to many consecutive contentless posts in the game thread. While we don't object to users having fun in mafia games, we do ask that everyone make an effort to keep providing content as best they can. Long chains of consecutive contentless posts (i.e., when someone posts three or more contentless posts in a row) don't contribute to the game and also can negatively impact the game for others, so please try to avoid making too many contentless posts in a row.

To that end, we are removing the consecutive contentless posts from this game - namely the series of Gamma Emerald's posts counting from 194 to 386. If you noticed any other series of contentless posts made by one user (i.e. 3+ in a row), please let us know so we can remove those as well.

Thanks everyone
-The Listmod team
Have you looked at Good Luck Buddy's iso
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7744 (isolation #235) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:04 am

This is a joke
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7749 (isolation #236) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:43 pm

In post 7745, Firebringer wrote:ur comment or our iso. cause both seem funny to me
your iso ppnbopid;u
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7750 (isolation #237) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:53 am

Just want to thank everyone involved for playing and reviewing the game!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”