The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:50 am

Post by The Internet »

Mirth wrote:I don't see what getting people without obvious post restrictions (like Imaginality who could only obviously be from one sketch) to claim would help. Why are y'all trying so hard?
It might be easy to figure them out, but we still don't know their powers, if any.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:29 am

Post by The Internet »

Mirth wrote:Yes, but why do you want to know so much on day one with the game barely underway and not everyone posting?
I don't, I'm just saying that some people have a reason to, and why not until the scum hunting really starts?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:31 am

Post by The Internet »

If Iron Man is breadcrumbing, and giving us hints, then his role must be something that would be advantageous for the town to know about, but still must be kept partially secret. Of course, he could just be faking, but you never know. I'll reread and see what I find.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:53 am

Post by The Internet »

Ok, finished my search. I couldn't find anything specific (I searched the first and last letters for all the words he said) that match up with any characters. It's probable I missed something, and possible he is an inanimate object. However, I have come across two interesting quotes. in post 75 he said
Llamas are larger than frogs
and in post 134, he said
But revealing your role this early in the game would be an entirely bad play, and thus, is the best play a person could make on Day 1.
I don't know what either of those mean, but I ask the other player to analyze them.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:14 am

Post by The Internet »

JordanA24 wrote:
Iron Man wrote:
Vote: Jordan
for not being silly.

On a side note. I propose a little hunt. What are we hunting for? Why, my role of course. I will give you a clue as to where it is. It is located in the episode "The Ant, An Introduction"

Good Luck.
Why are you telling us part of your role already, on Page 4??

FOS: IronMan

But I think the worse crime is actually trying to guess what his role is, rolefishing at it's most blatent! Imaginality, Pokerface and The Internet (who guessed 4). Since Internet guessed the most, I'll put my first serious vote of the game on him
Unvote Vote: The Internet

SpyreX wrote:He probably gets some kinda prizes or we explode. Its python, afterall. :wink:
lol, I can actually see that happening
Mirth wrote:A prize? You mean like a 16-tom-weight to drop on us when we attack him with a raspberry?
lol, lets hope we don't accidently release the tiger ;)
chenhsi wrote:I am not random voting because this is chaos and I'm confused :(
I don't like this either, though tbh, it's not as bad as Internet's rolefishing.
If Iron man is trying tell us, then it is obvoiusly advantageous to know his role early on, so rolefishing would be the right thing to do. Even if he is false claiming, then it exposes him to a counterclaim earlier, exposing his scuminess earlier. As for why I guess 4 at once, I was merely asking about the roles I felt were most likely to be in the game from that episode. Even if the claim serves only his purposes,it more than likely does not aid the scum. Overall, rolefishing on Iron Man is the best play currently, and your attempts to stall it make me suspicious. I'm keeping my vote on you.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:17 am

Post by The Internet »

In response to what others have been saying, I guess you are right that I can't be sure about him being truthful, but if he claims, it still gives us more info, allowing us to scumhunt better.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:28 am

Post by The Internet »

If it helps, I do not have a post restriction.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:29 am

Post by The Internet »

I wish Iron man were here to respond, because we need his feedback. He has been oddly absent during this. However, he is due to be prodded sometime tomorrow, so I'll wait. i also would like some people who haven't said much to post.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:10 am

Post by The Internet »

If Iron Man's claim is sincere, then he is probably not a power role. Claiming this early exposes him to NKs too early in the game. So I think the next action would be to ask about features, but I'll let someone else do that. However, we must consider WIFOMs.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:24 am

Post by The Internet »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:
The Internet wrote:If Iron Man's claim is sincere, then he is probably not a power role. Claiming this early exposes him to NKs too early in the game. So I think the next action would be to ask about features, but I'll let someone else do that. However, we must consider WIFOMs.
Curious, and only that, why are you letting someone else do that? If its something you ant to know or believe to be the next step..then shouldn't you do it to ensure that it happens?
Because I do not feel comfortable asking, and believe I have already rolefished enough on Iron Man. As for whether we should continue, I say for now we should only continue if someone asks us to, like Iron Man did, but that could change.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:17 am

Post by The Internet »

FOS: Luigi Gangster
None of your other posts have been backwards, and that does noy appear to come from a monty python sketch. Also,

Lord Gurgi: What is your punishment?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by The Internet »

I'll be out for a bit, check my post in V/LA for details.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:15 am

Post by The Internet »

I'm back, and after reading over what I missed, I'm more inclined to believe SpyreX for the reasons state above, namely that he countered with a way of testing it. I find DBE's defence to be hastily constructed and inadequate, but we must ask why he claimed. It's possible that he is scum, but it is also he was trying to his real role. I'm not going to vote, for fear of the wagon going to fast, but Darla, if you are going to confess to something, do it now.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:45 am

Post by The Internet »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I am willing to risk a modkill but while i have votes on me, my PR is nulled.

I
am
a french tauner (this may sound super wifom-y but its the truth)

Why would i fake claim on day one with 2 votes on me? Why would I keep a consistent flavor in my posts, (thats a lot to keep up with in a large game especially once you start getting past day 1. )

The fact that no one seems able to consider that there could be TWO french taunters is really strange, I'm starting to think shaft wanted to have a bit of fun, and create a bit of mischief.

Its not like i randomly pulled something out of a hat at L-1, I claimed what I was, and tried to get out what I was in my post sans the restriction, on the chance anyone un-voted and i had my PR re-instated.

Also its been asked by others but seems to be avoided by spyrex:

Why did you not say something before hand when you saw a consistent French Taunter flavor in my posts? Did you not get suspicious?
You would claim early and fake post restriction so that you would have evidence to support against further accusations, making you lose suspicion and protection against further accusation, and possibly even gain doc protection. We have considered the possiblity of two french taunters, but found it to be far too silly.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:12 am

Post by The Internet »

Sorry about being V/LA again, but I will be out from midday today 'till midday sunday. I might be able get on in the evenings, so I might not be entirely out.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (isolation #18) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by The Internet »

Chiming in here, no I did not get visited by a bridgekeeper. Luigi Gangsta's death suprised me, the scum could have easily used his day 1 actions to build a wagon on him on day 2. It's possible he got vigged. The fact that he was a cult unrecruiter means that we probably need to be wary of cults. Iron Man's behavior worries me, but I'll wait for his reply.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:31 am

Post by The Internet »

I'm perplexed by this whole bridgekeeper thing. It does fit with the Monty Python movies, so the penalty would probably be death (though going by the movies, he could be foiled by someone asking him a question). The role does seem to be too powerful, perhaps it's a piece of bastard modding, or a third faction (like the warlock role, who knows all the roles but has to predict the lynch correctly several times to win). Of course, you could be lying, but I can't see why you would lie about that (yet).
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:03 am

Post by The Internet »

strappado wrote:That would involve revealing my role. Would you like me to reveal my role?

Either way, I really want to hear from everyone what their opinion is on Spyrex's visit

@ EVERYONE

1.) Do you think Spyrex's claim of a visit is true?
2.) Why do you think it is true or not true?
3.) If you think he is lying - what benefit do you think he would get for lying and do you think he is scum.
1.) I think it is true, but only weakly.
2.) I think it is true for now because it hasn't helped him yet, but I would suspect it to be false if the bridgekeeper suddenly shows up and and confirms spyreX, because it would look very scummy.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by The Internet »

A few guesses about the bridgekeeper based on the movie (take all this with a grain of salt)
1. Perhaps the questions are not preset, the bridgekeeper picks them (like in the movie?)
2. Perhaps there is some benefit for the investigated (like how they got to go onward)
3. Perhaps the penalty for lying is death (as in the movie)
4. Perhaps the bridgekeeper dies if asked a question ( as in the movie)
5. Perhaps the bridgekeeper does not actually know whether the person lied or not (because the mod may be a bastard and this might be for balance)
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by The Internet »

I'm also beginning to think this game is vanillaless.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (isolation #23) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:19 am

Post by The Internet »

Wow, a lot just happened. I'll wait for Poker's future post, IM info, SpyreX's reply, and chenshi's reply before voting but for now
HOS: Chenshi
You'd better have a good explanation for all of this. Also, SpyreX could have been targeted for a kill but been protected.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (isolation #24) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:21 am

Post by The Internet »

The Internet wrote:Wow, a lot just happened. I'll wait for Poker's future post, IM info, SpyreX's reply, and chenshi's reply before voting but for now
HOS: Chenshi
You'd better have a good explanation for all of this. Also, SpyreX could have been targeted for a kill but been protected.
Eh, for some reason I said chenshi when I meant Strappado.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:54 am

Post by The Internet »

I say now, because waiting for Iron Man would take too long.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:10 am

Post by The Internet »

I also think that i we have to lynch someone today, IM isthe best candidate, because of his suspicius role.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:00 am

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:
The Internet wrote:I also think that i we have to lynch someone today, IM isthe best candidate, because of his suspicius role.
Why do you feel his role is suspicious now?
Beause his claimed ability is of very little use to the town (randomize the targt of town power role screws up plans, randomizing mafia targets could lead to hitting someone unprotected), and a good townplayer should know this, so why would they choose to use their ability if they were town? But this abilitycan sew chaos, maing it useful to the scum. So Iron Man, why did you target killa 7?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:23 am

Post by The Internet »

I would vote Iron Man, but I'd like the Mod to confirm vote counts to avoid an acidental hammer.
Iron Man
: I will give you one day to reply to this,or else I will vote you, even if it is a hammer (unless you are V/LA or post a reason you are lrking, but tat will only delay the deadline)
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:09 am

Post by The Internet »

With the mod confirming vote counts, I will
Vote: Iron Man

Everyone, be aware: Iron Man is at L-1. I urge you not to hammer without giving him time to reply
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by The Internet »

Alright, here I am. To Pokerface, yes I did receive a message I presume was by you. It mentioned 5 pustules on the nose for the skunk you own (paraphrasing, of course). I'm sorry, but I didn't have any cigarettes. I was also visited by the bridged keeper, who asked me if I was mafia, if I was in a cult, and if either, who my partners were. He mentioned the punishment, as usual. I answered truthfully, namely no to all of them. However, I think that these questions make it more certain that he is protown, as he would not need these if he was scum, and this would make a poor WIFOM, as if he was mafia he could just never claim. This supports my theory that the questions are chosen by the bridgekeeper himself.

To Lord Gurgi, I'm sorry that I appear scummy to you, It's just the DBE lynch moved to fast for me to get the replies I desired, and I jumped at Iron Man because his testimony had some massive holes that he could not patch( why he targeted anyone, why it didn't work) and didn't want to lag out like on DBE, and you'll note that I was one of the last to vote, but not the hammer, which is not a position scum usually take. The reason I didn't get in on the chenshi debate is because I'm opposed to lynches because of lurking and thought we had a much stronger lynchee in Iron mian, though he is looking scummier now.

And lastly, I can't quite understand exactly what Mirth's role did, and I would like to know the targets and results of those who have already claimed (SpyreX, Strappado, and Killa seven), to see if we can get more info.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by The Internet »

Muerrto wrote:
The Internet wrote:I think that these questions make it more certain that he is protown, as he would not need these if he was scum, and this would make a poor WIFOM, as if he was mafia he could just never claim.
While I'm not saying the BK is scum or town, I'd say assuming he's town because of his questions is bad WIFOM itself. He did ask if you were cult and who your partners are so he could be scum. He also asked if you were scum and who your partners were so he could be cult. He could also be town checking both.

Still seems like a ridiculously powerful role.

Not suggesting this per se but someone might wanna think about lying if the question is too powerful an answer(like what's your ability) to see what happens if they lie.
Thank you pointing that out, I did not see that. Still, figuring who is cult is fairly low on the scum's list, they mainly want to kill town power roles, so asking role would be better for scum, especially when they have another option than WIFOMs.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:30 am

Post by The Internet »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!

I'm sorry.. Seems like you reinforce instead of start cases.

Albatross!
I guess hat is true, I think it's beau I'm hesitant to vote.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (isolation #33) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:33 am

Post by The Internet »

@PF.
1. The person asked for 5 pustules(not postualtes, and not that I'm not usng exact wording).
2. In my reply I asked if it was you and apologized for not having any cigarettes.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by The Internet »

I'll wait until farside's pot series finishes, and possibly untlil imanginality's post before voting. So strappado, you aren't going to tell your results?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:26 am

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:The Internet

Post 8: I disagree with this: If Iron man is trying tell us, then it is obvoiusly advantageous to know his role early on, so rolefishing would be the right thing to do. Even if he is false claiming, then it exposes him to a counterclaim earlier, exposing his scuminess earlier.) This should not be a day one mentality. Also this (Overall, rolefishing on Iron Man is the best play currently, and your attempts to stall it make me suspicious. I'm keeping my vote on you.) What are you nuts? Why is it the best play? How is it wrong from someone to question your motives? Post 9 (In response to what others have been saying, I guess you are right that I can't be sure about him being truthful, but if he claims, it still gives us more info, allowing us to scumhunt better.) What!?! How do you figure? Post 12 and now we have the complete turn around (Because I do not feel comfortable asking, and believe I have already rolefished enough on Iron Man. As for whether we should continue, I say for now we should only continue if someone asks us to, like Iron Man did, but that could change.) Post 16 ( I find DBE's defence to be hastily constructed and inadequate, but we must ask why he claimed. It's possible that he is scum, but it is also he was trying to his real role. I'm not going to vote, for fear of the wagon going to fast, but Darla, if you are going to confess to something, do it now) Do you still feel this way. Did you think a vote on DBE was not appropriate? The comment comes across as wishy washy. Post 17 agrues with DBE says we think and we this. Post 19 why think vig and not SK with Lugi's NK? Post 24 sounds like noise. No opinion for himself. Just wait, wait wait. Post 28 saying that randomize the target of the town power role screws up plans, randomizing mafia targets and leading to hit someone unprotected. Couldn't it also lead to mafia accidently shooting someone of their own group if IM chose right or move the doc to the right person. There were protown reason for the role.

Overall read of The internet I am leaning scum. His actions are most posting with nothing to add to the conversation. The only reason he gets to slide through is because K7, Chernshi and IM were much worse then him in regards to adding nothing.
Alright, time for my reply. As for my rolefishing, I maintain that if someone wants to claim, then it is best to allow them to claim. If they are town, then they probably have a good reason for claiming, and if they are scum then it means they now have to spend longer acting like their role, allowing for more oppurtunities to screw up and expose themselves. And since someone else would have and did find out his role, it was all for nothing. The reason I kept my vote on Jordan24 was because at the time was because I had no better place to put it, and I found Jordan's attack of rolefishers to be mildly scummy (perhaps an attempt to start a wagon?). I actually would have liked to put a vote on DBE, but the whole lynch moved to fast that he had already been hammered when I tried to vote for him. I thought LG was vigged and not SKed because a vig has more motivation to kill him (he faked a PR on D1 and defended DBE), where as the SK could probably use him to waste the D2 lynch (though with your revelation of the existence of an SK perhaps the SK tried to make his kill look like a vig or tried to kill a mafioso). I do maintain that randomizing a target will probably hurt the town, as it could lead to wrong info for information roles, wrong killing for vigs, screwing up a carefully planned doc protection of probable town power role, and in the event of a randomized scum kill most likely leading to a loss of a town member, which would hurt us even more so since this game appears vanillaless, and it is comparitively unlikely that a good result could come. Overall, if town power roles wanted random targets, they'd pick then themsleves, and odds are it will do harm instead of good if it hits scum. And you must remember that IM completely failed to adress this point in his defence, leading me to believe he had falseclaimed as scum.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:27 am

Post by The Internet »

Note, LG mean luigi gansta in my post, not lord gurgi.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by The Internet »

Now for my reply to imanginality. Statisically, unless there is an unusually high amount of scum or and unusually high amount of doctors, a random kill will hit an unprotected town. My HoS was just a simple mistyping, I'm sorry, but I find chenshi and strappado to have similar names, and I'm sorry I cannot offer proof other than my word. I was waiting for some questions to be answered before I voted and they were still unanswered while I was V/LA and the hammer happened.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by The Internet »

Also: IM completely failed to answer why he chose to target anyone, completely ignoring my point.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (isolation #39) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:40 am

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:
The Internet wrote:Also: IM completely failed to answer why he chose to target anyone, completely ignoring my point.
You seemed to miss my point about how IM's role could be looked at in a positive manner. Also it tells me something that if K7 did get his action through and IM did not that IM was most likely RB which in turn seems like scum action since no one else claimed to take said action.
I actually made a large section of my post to showing that it would most likely cause harm. Did you read it?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (isolation #40) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:52 am

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:
The Internet wrote:
farside22 wrote:
The Internet wrote:Also: IM completely failed to answer why he chose to target anyone, completely ignoring my point.
You seemed to miss my point about how IM's role could be looked at in a positive manner. Also it tells me something that if K7 did get his action through and IM did not that IM was most likely RB which in turn seems like scum action since no one else claimed to take said action.
I actually made a large section of my post to showing that it would most likely cause harm. Did you read it?
Yes I did and I'm stating how it can be used for good adding to it the fact that he was most likely RB.
Yes, it can cause a good result, but the odds are that it would cause harm no matter the target. As for the RB, it is irrelevent. If you are trying to say that it makes his night action is scummy, it is irrelevent because he did not know he was RB'd, and still chose to use his action. If you are you are calling me scummy for voting for someone who was propably RB'd you must remember that YOU werethe hammer.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (isolation #41) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:07 am

Post by The Internet »

strappado wrote:I see K7 and chenhsi as being one in the same, they've both done scummy things and post no more than one liners and avoid answering questions directly and are totally lurk-a-licious.

chenhsi with his insincere post regarding the NK and K7 with his "what did strappado do last night PF" - If PF had thought it would be useful to town, PF would have said so - K7 not only said something that would make himself have to claim, but Poker and I also pretty much had to claim after that. I guess that's why that role could be beneficial to town, forcing claims and outing people.

Still comfortable with my vote on chenhsi though.
I'm more suspicious of K7 than chenshi, because K7 could have been scum that lied to get IM lynched, while chenshi hasn't done much of anything (though he is looking scummy recently).
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (isolation #42) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:40 am

Post by The Internet »

SpyreX wrote:The only problem is that K7 lying to get IM lynched would mean that PF is also scum, and I'm really not getting that vibe from him. Now, K7 having his role and a different person RB'ing IM (unlikely) COULD cause the events to go down like they did.

I need to give this game a reread now that my swift is done.
Could you refresh my memory a bit. Didn't PF target EK? Or was his target switched with someone else? If the first one is true, why would PF need to be scum?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (isolation #43) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:53 am

Post by The Internet »

I'll be V/LA from tomorrow morning until saturday. I will probably have some access, but not much as the internet is spotty and I usually have to borrow wifi. Don't lynch me while I'm gone, as I still have some cards to play in the event of a wagon.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (isolation #44) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:43 am

Post by The Internet »

Alright I'm back, and here's my scum list
Muerrto (oddly selective scumhunting patterns, keeps trying to dodge questions with semantics)
TheSweatpantsNinja (Wishy washy votes which appear to attempt to start or join bandwagons)
chenshi(what else? lurking and contradictions)

Of those, I think Chenshi is the least scummy,but still must be considered. I also would not discount Chenshi being mafia, because he be not listening or being bussed. Before you leap at me for not listing K7, I was unclear about he did N1, but It has been clarified for me. Also, to those listing me on their list, have you read my posts in my defense? Also, to PF specifically, what do you mean by the softclaim?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (isolation #45) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:08 am

Post by The Internet »

PokerFace wrote:
Also, to PF specifically, what do you mean by the softclaim?
Huh? Which post of mine are you refering to where I said that? I'm a bit deprived of sleep right now so I can't honestly remember. Can you refresh my memory on what you're talking about?
Post number 1130, where you said
The Internet (Breadcrumb Hunting,
The Softclaim
, The K7 hunt / defending Chenshi)
Emphasis mine.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1197 (isolation #46) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:45 am

Post by The Internet »

Ooops. Sorry. I thought of that a few days ago (internet worked poorly, so didn'y have time to compose posts) must have forgitten author.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (isolation #47) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:33 am

Post by The Internet »

SpyreX wrote:@ THe Internet:
I'll be V/LA from tomorrow morning until saturday. I will probably have some access, but not much as the internet is spotty and I usually have to borrow wifi. Don't lynch me while I'm gone, as I still have some cards to play in the event of a wagon.
That last line really struck me as a softclaim of sorts and a vague one at that. Thats all I meant.

Of the three you are the lest suspicious, but that caught my eye.
I meant that I still had some arguments ready, in case I needed them.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (isolation #48) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:03 am

Post by The Internet »

Remember, Chenshi is at L-2 and has not claimed. Seeing that there are multiple people who have not yet voted that are suspicious of him, I urge them to wait until he claims (or refuses to).
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1262 (isolation #49) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:49 am

Post by The Internet »

I'm think of voting, but I'm worried about lynching another townie. I'd wait for chenshi's reply, but that would happen only slightly before the heat death of the universe. I''l let the town discuss for a real life day or so before voting.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (isolation #50) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:31 am

Post by The Internet »

You have to remember that chenshi might be lying about his role. After all, the black knight is a fairly well known character. Also, PF, have you used your "ace" yet?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (isolation #51) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:54 am

Post by The Internet »

I agree with what you have said PF, and I'll give the rest some time to discuss quickly. If I don't get a darned good reason not to vote Gurgi soon, I will vote for him.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (isolation #52) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:41 am

Post by The Internet »

Seeing whats happened so far, I think it is adviseable to lynch chenshi today. However, he is at L-1, and though he is the best candidate for lynching, I feel that he has not dropped any major scumtells and not that many monor ones, so I'm not comfortable hammering him.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1320 (isolation #53) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:30 am

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:
vote: The internet

FOS: Azimuth
Just as expected. I'm guessing you will add not being in on another scum lynch to your list. I'm sorry, but I was uncomfortable hammering. Now please reply to my argument in full that I have posted several pages back.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (isolation #54) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:51 am

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:
The Internet wrote:
farside22 wrote:
vote: The internet

FOS: Azimuth
Just as expected. I'm guessing you will add not being in on another scum lynch to your list. I'm sorry, but I was uncomfortable hammering. Now please reply to my argument in full that I have posted several pages back.
Just went back and read your agruement. Also noted chenshi was #3 on your scum list and your constant I don't feel comfortable with lynching chenshi comments. I see about 4 comments that can be looked at as you defending chenshi. For eveyone's amusement I bring you quotes from the internet in regards to Chenshi lynch.
Of those, I think Chenshi is the least scummy,but still must be considered. I also would not discount Chenshi being mafia, because he be not listening or being bussed. Before you leap at me for not listing K7, I was unclear about he did N1, but It has been clarified for me. Also, to those listing me on their list, have you read my posts in my defense? Also, to PF specifically, what do you mean by the softclaim?
I'm think of voting, but I'm worried about lynching another townie. I'd wait for chenshi's reply, but that would happen only slightly before the heat death of the universe. I''l let the town discuss for a real life day or so before voting.
You have to remember that chenshi might be lying about his role. After all, the black knight is a fairly well known character. Also, PF, have you used your "ace" yet?
Seeing whats happened so far, I think it is adviseable to lynch chenshi today. However, he is at L-1, and though he is the best candidate for lynching, I feel that he has not dropped any major scumtells and not that many monor ones, so I'm not comfortable hammering him.

#2 is wishy washy at best. The oh he could be lying and I'm now seeing the K-7 looking scummy comment that seems to be trying to show K-7 as scum for reasons based of what happened with IM. The forth one shows again how blah he was with the lynch of chenshi.
My scum list was not in numerical order. And I'm sorry, but I was actually undecided about chenshi. By the end I was sure enough to vote for him, but not sure enough to hammer.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1327 (isolation #55) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:I give you not a number list, but your own quote. Chew on it.
The Internet wrote:Alright I'm back, and here's my scum list
Muerrto (oddly selective scumhunting patterns, keeps trying to dodge questions with semantics)
TheSweatpantsNinja (Wishy washy votes which appear to attempt to start or join bandwagons)
chenshi(what else? lurking and contradictions)

The reason I say he was the least scummy was because there were so many other explanations for his actions other than being scum, while for the other two there were fewer options. And chenshi did move up my list later on, but as I said, it was too late.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1337 (isolation #56) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:23 am

Post by The Internet »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
elvis_knits wrote: I do think that including a scummy person (Chenhsi) on your scum list, but never actually putting them to the top is pretty scummy. It's like distancing without having to buss them.
I agree. Especially the saying he's "scummy enough for a vote, but not enough for a hammer" line. I don't like that at all.

Vote the Internet.
Ding, ding, and we have a wagoneer. I was debating about whether to work on a case against you or Muerrto, but I think with muerrto's revelation of being visited by bridgekeeper I'll make you the target of my scumhunt today.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (isolation #57) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:09 am

Post by The Internet »

vote: for massclaim

If we have a 4 man cult going around, then it's to dangerous. If not, then we might at least be able to nab a few scum. In the event of a massclaim, may I claim first, PF?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (isolation #58) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:31 am

Post by The Internet »

PokerFace, I see your point in random claim order, though I have a question. Will we have to wait our turn to counterclaim?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (isolation #59) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:33 am

Post by The Internet »

Crap, double post (forgot to talk about EK's roles). Ek's role sound rather plausible, and I'm inclined to believe him. However, I'll wait for Farsides calim (as part of the massclaim) to decide.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (isolation #60) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by The Internet »

Farside: will you fullclaim as part of the massclaim?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (isolation #61) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:26 am

Post by The Internet »

Responding here, I have to say that Azimuth now has a spot on my scumlist, maybe not as high a TSPN, but he is higher than muerrto and could concieveably move up. I think I can believe farside's breadcrumbing. As for my alleged vig fishing, I'm sorry but I cannot offer any proof that that was not my intent other than my word. It is valuable to the town to know who the night-kills belong to. Also, when is the massclaim coming. I'll make my analysis of TSPN after the massclaim.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (isolation #62) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:16 am

Post by The Internet »

The reason I thought Imaginality was killed by the mafia, is because it looked like a typical mafia kill. Imaginality acted very protown, and had a PR(which was mod confirmed and made him and unlikely mafia member), making him a highly probable target for a mafia kill. I was not expecting any specific response.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (isolation #63) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:50 am

Post by The Internet »

I took Imaginality's vote for bruce being counted by the mod and working to be almost as good a confirmation. As for the kill, I thought it was typical of a mafia kill because of the target, not because of the flavor.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1510 (isolation #64) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:37 am

Post by The Internet »

As others have said, Azimuth's claim is not very believable. I'd like to know whether the massclaim is on or not, though. I say that if he gets to L-1 then he should reveal targets. I find the muerrto affair belivable but depressing.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (isolation #65) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:01 am

Post by The Internet »

imaginality, when were his breadcrumbs posted?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1559 (isolation #66) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:48 am

Post by The Internet »

Shoot, hammer right when I was gonna ask for Azi's targets. Do you mind telling us them anyway, Azi?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (isolation #67) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:03 am

Post by The Internet »

I was going to ask Azi's targets to decide whether or not to vote him when he was at L-1, but TSPN interrupted my plan (which I had announced earlier). I guess it won't do much good now.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1588 (isolation #68) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by The Internet »

Right, I'm here. I was indeed targeted by K7. I saw TSPN target Elvis_knits. Whether he was sending in the kill or just target him for the bridgekeeper junk I don't know. Because TSPN was described as "question asker" I'm beginning to suspect that the bridgekeeper might be a linked role, shared between multiple people. I'm a bit mad that the person I wanted lynched is dead, so I'll have to revise my scumlist. As for massclaim, at this point the only people who haven't claimed are me and imagordon. I will claim if you prefer that I do.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1589 (isolation #69) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by The Internet »

Ghetto edit. I'd also like to point out something of interest. yesterday, TSPN actually asked EK to kill me last night. Fortunately, it appears EK didn't listen.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1609 (isolation #70) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by The Internet »

Alrigh, I'll claim (though you can probably figure out who I am via process of elimination) I am The machine that goes bing linky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCITMfxvEc I am basically a doc. Don't think I have any flavor. I can't self protect. My targets were :
N1:SpyreX(asked for doc protection)
N2:SpyreX(again, figured he had highest probability of drawing NK)
N3:Farside(had hinted at having an important role, so I chose him. Might be why he didn't die)
N4:Imagordan(figured that if the bridgekeeper was a town power role, it would have to be Imagordan)
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1618 (isolation #71) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by The Internet »

No imaginality, I did not.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1681 (isolation #72) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:23 am

Post by The Internet »

Something I forgot to ask. PF, what exactly tipped you off that I was doc?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1684 (isolation #73) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:41 am

Post by The Internet »

I thought the bridgekeeper was a linked role because TSPN was described as "bridgekeeper question asker", not just "bridgekeepr" making it seem as though there might be another part. But it could just be mod bastardry. Basically, my case against TSPN was that he was that he consistently jumped on and tried to create bandwagons. He also lurked consistently, and tried to steer night targets.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (isolation #74) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:29 am

Post by The Internet »

N1: SpyreX
N2: SpyreX
N3: farside22
N4: imaginality
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1706 (isolation #75) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:
The Internet wrote:N1: SpyreX
N2: SpyreX
N3: farside22
N4: imaginality
You are the doc (The machine that goes bing?) If so why did you protect imaginality?
I protected imaginality(imagordan version, not original) because I thought the bridgekeeper was a town power role. Imagordan and TSPN were the only ones who hadn't claimed, and I found TSPN to be too scummy to be town. I figured scum would know this and most likely target imagordan(being unclaimed and pretty strongly town). I figured their other likely targets were PF(who was essentially nonpowered now) or EK(which I viewed as a good thing).
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (isolation #76) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by The Internet »

LG, suspicions are (yet again, unordered) Muerrto (same strange play, role seems unlikely, why did he claim?) K7(lurker king, not much else, sorry) and LG (really scraping the bottom here, mainly due to unobserved night action) And, I no longer believe the BK is a linked role. Reading over the post again, I now see that question asker is merely his description. oops. I think we might actually end up hitting the deadline this time, so everyone be wary of accidental lynches.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1717 (isolation #77) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:41 am

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:
strappado wrote:@farside:
Night 1: Spyrex: Mr. Vibrating, The Machine that Goes Bing, Bridgekeeper
Night 2: Azimuth: no one
Night 3: Muerrto: Bridgekeeper and Sir Lancelot
Night 4: Lord Gurgi: Wedding Party

So yeah, Muerrto was visited by scum and SK

@ Lord Gurgi - I have a strong belief in honor. If K7 says he wont do something out of honor, I'm not going to insult him by questioning that. This is just a game and it's not worth it to break one of my major life rules, which is to never question a persons honor. If he claims honor and he's lying, then that makes him a cheap bottom dwelling scum sucking dishonorable loser for lying about / breeching honor to win a game that in the grand scheme of things is incredibly unimportant.
It's like lying, but swearing on your mothers grave so you can win a pack of gum, it's not worth the karma points.
Thank you that narrowed down some things for me.

unvote:
vote: LG
Care to explain?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1732 (isolation #78) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:49 am

Post by The Internet »

I'm comfortable with Imagordan steering my night action, but I don't think I'll lynch LG just for the sake of his plan. I'm sorry, but I won't be voting for him. Also worth noting, we are 7 days away from the deadline now.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1734 (isolation #79) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:
The Internet wrote:I'm comfortable with Imagordan steering my night action, but I don't think I'll lynch LG just for the sake of his plan. I'm sorry, but I won't be voting for him. Also worth noting, we are 7 days away from the deadline now.
Who do you think is scum then?
I've posted my scumlist. LG is about last, my suspicions of him are very weak, not enough for a lynch. I honestly can't find anyone I suspect enough to vote.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1746 (isolation #80) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:46 am

Post by The Internet »

I have to say, in my opinion, I would be most comfortable voting for Muerrto. K7 has an observed night action, LG hasn't been very antitown, but Muerrto made a very nonsensical move claiming, has had suspicious play earlier(diverting questions instead of answering them), and, according to him, his role is now borderline useless to the town, while K7 has a confirmed(but not sure if town) night action and LG could be a power role.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1762 (isolation #81) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:38 am

Post by The Internet »

I am perfectly fine using my night action at your direction, because I can see no problem with it. To confirm, I am to protect strappado, correct? Also, Shaft.ed your vote count appears to be wrong.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1770 (isolation #82) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:44 am

Post by The Internet »

A question: What is to stop the scum from killing K7 to incriminate me?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1798 (isolation #83) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by The Internet »

I still don't see why if the scum kill K7 it is my fault. Gurgi, post while you still can, and go down in a blaze of modkilled glory.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1892 (isolation #84) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by The Internet »

Hurrah, Town win. I think a large percentage of it was luck. This was my first game playing doc, and farside managed to avoid death twice. There was also a remarkably low amount of kills with for a game with 3 killers (though this lead to things like LG never being suspected as SK) This definately was a fun and loopy game.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1913 (isolation #85) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:23 am

Post by The Internet »

PF, what you said exactly: Five nostril boils for the pet skunk. What I said back: Pokerface?Is that you? I'm sorry, I have no cigarettes.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”