Rosé
Rosé
Townie
Rosé
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:21 am

Post by Rosé »

A musky scent seasoned with tainted breath wafts into my face. I raise my head and let out a shuddering breath. For what meets my eyes is no ordinary man.
The werewolf slunks over the love of my live, Gún. Poised and ready to pounce.

"Get away from her!"

My voice is uncertain and weak. I am no monster hunter; nothing like the witchers of old.
I recollect myself and focus. I must protect my Gún, it was in the very rites I swore by when I took the name Rosé.
JohnnyFarrar moves his face uncomfortably close to mine and hands me a silver trident. Perfect.
I point it at the creature of the night.

"You! Want to play?"

VOTE: Dunnstral
Rosé
Rosé
Townie
Rosé
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:45 am

Post by Rosé »

It was funny, really. For a brief moment our roles were reversed, Gún strategizing and willing me forward with her words of encouragement, and I taking the sword, or trident in this case; plunging it true into the werewolf's heart. A loud hissing sound and burrows of smoke marked the monster's demise, as the gleaming silver vaporized it's flesh and it's heart abruptly gave out.

I looked over at Gún shimmering delightfully in the moonlight. The full moon may give these creatures strength, but it paled in comparison to the beautiful bond we shared underneath it.

After this rude intrusion, we made our way over to our destination; The City of
G
u
n
s
a
n
d
R
o
s
e
s
. Quite the assortment of events had unraveled in the early hours of the morning. A loud and rowdy chimney boy named Bell had been picking fights across multiple taverns. He was full of fight and vigor that one, and Gún and I both took an early liking to him. His temper may be short and his passion high, but his thoughts and intentions seemed pure at heart.

A strange tiptoer going around town caught our eye. His nametag displayed Albert B. Rampage. We debated for a while on whether Rampage was his real name or if he just thought it sounded cool, and eventually agreed that the B probably stood for Barricaded, as that's how he felt in the way he carefully maneuvered around the town, talking about nothing more than his opinions on guns and roses.

We also had the pleasure of talking with the King of the city. Uncrowned was a commanding yet humble ruler, and his presence calmed both of our fears, giving us hope for this city's future yet, despite all of the horrible rumors circling around. Uncrowned had a good list of people he could trust, and suspects he was keeping an eye on, and we promised we would assist him any way that we could.

Finally, we came across a man who was staring very intently off into the center of town, his eyes on the city.
In post 136, Tanner wrote:it took me... over 30 minutes to write this post. sigh.
"Hi there! I'm Rosé. I saw your transcript earlier and I like that you admitted this without shame, but could I ask why it took so long?"
Rosé
Rosé
Townie
Rosé
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Rosé »

In post 149, Tanner wrote:
In post 146, Rosé wrote:
In post 136, Tanner wrote:it took me... over 30 minutes to write this post. sigh.
"Hi there! I'm Rosé. I saw your transcript earlier and I like that you admitted this without shame, but could I ask why it took so long?"
hello! it happened that i sat down to type and realized nothing was coming to me as a response. sometimes it takes me a while to find inspiration in a game. do you have anything you think could help me find it?
"A
game.
.. maybe this all is just a game, and we're pawns being moved around by some greater force. I'm not sure if you were called here for the same reason Gún and I were, you give off a bounty hunter kind of vibe, but I'm nervous to say the least about the circumstances. To answer your question though, I usually speak to people face-to-face! I find a conversation is a great way to learn more about a person's character and whether they have good intentions, and can also get you thinking more deeply about surrounding events."
Rosé
Rosé
Townie
Rosé
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Rosé »

Word of an outsider also made its way through the streets. A man going by the name Mr. Sandman, likely yet another pseudonym in this fast growing stranger and stranger selection of characters, who seemed to have a monopoly on what the news and peasants talked about.

"They say he's a vigilante style of reporter. He'll do whatever it takes to get the latest scoop, and dispense justice if he sees fit while doing it. There's no proof of this of course."

"Ugh, I hate those self-righteous types. Nothin' worse. You wanna look into him?"

In post 80, Mr Sandman wrote:Bell is being at least somewhat inflammatory. Therefore, I'm not sure his comments about not wanting to engage come from a town reasoning. Instead, I think he may not want to engage in conflict because it will bring more attention to him, and this seems especially dangerous from a player like Hiraki who has already said that he more often than not is able to find mafia on D1.

VOTE: Bell
"Yeah, look at his latest section in the Daily Rose. He's acknowledging the chimney boy is starting conflicts by being inflammatory, but also saying he's suspicious for trying
not
to engage in conflicts."

Gún thought to herself for a bit before smiling and nodding.
"Y'know, that's shoddy reporting at best, and malicious at worst. Let's pay em a visit and see what he thinks, yeah?"

VOTE: Mr. Sandman
Rosé
Rosé
Townie
Rosé
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:21 am

Post by Rosé »

The bright lady dressed in colorful pink approached us. She suggested we were being awfully loud and disturbing all of the customers in the café, where they just desired some peace and quiet in the mid-afternoon sepia light.

"Why of course, we could lower our tones for you. Are you a mage? You seem like one."

"Or how 'bout we just whisper,"
Gún cut in.
Rosé
Rosé
Townie
Rosé
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Rosé »

In post 155, Tanner wrote:
In post 150, Rosé wrote:
"A
game.
.. maybe this all is just a game, and we're pawns being moved around by some greater force. I'm not sure if you were called here for the same reason Gún and I were, you give off a bounty hunter kind of vibe, but I'm nervous to say the least about the circumstances. To answer your question though, I usually speak to people face-to-face! I find a conversation is a great way to learn more about a person's character and whether they have good intentions, and can also get you thinking more deeply about surrounding events."
"i think of it as a game, yeah. a game with some really high stakes. are you saying you're nervous about me? if so, i'm interested in hearing why."
"Not you, silly! You seem nice, no, I'm nervous about why Gún and I were asked to pay this city a visit. Dark rumors about something truly evil lurking in the alleyways-"

"Ah-ah-ah,"
Gún quickly cut in,
"Easy there, Rosé. Ya know we shouldn't say more unless he can prove he's been called here for the same reason as us."

She turned to look at the bounty hunter,
"Well, have ya?"
Rosé
Rosé
Townie
Rosé
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by Rosé »

In post 203, Akarin wrote:
In post 195, Hiraki wrote:Yeah but are you reading it? Gun is actually playing the game - Rose is floating.
post 146: Bell is picking fights and Rose thinks he's pure of heart. ABR feels barricaded and careful. Uncrowned has a good reads list and seems towny.

post 151 Sandman is "acknowledging the Bell is starting conflicts by being inflammatory, but also saying he's suspicious for trying
not
to engage in conflicts." Vote: Sandman

Why doesn't this count as playing the game?
"Thank you for explaining it to the peasants, my dear. The tiptoer does have suspicious vibes about him."

Rosé takes another sip of her coffee. What was taking Gún so long to return from her daily set of power sit-ups? Rosé was starting to grow worried.
Rosé
Rosé
Townie
Rosé
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by Rosé »

In post 175, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 151, Rosé wrote:He's acknowledging the chimney boy is starting conflicts by being inflammatory, but also saying he's suspicious for trying not to engage in conflicts."
Upon hearing the comment from Rose, a man in a navy three-piece suit and a questionable top hat frowned, tapping his chin a couple times in thought. Of course, Rose and Gun would come to know of this man as Uncrowned, a regular presence in the town's guard and a man with a reputation that preceded him: Brave, charming, intelligent, observant, open-minded, honorable, loyal and most importantly - as modest as they came.

"Now, I wouldn't be so sure about that, friend."
he said, a dubious tone evident in his voice.
"That Mr. Sandman said a lot, but I'm not sure he was calling the conflict starting suspicious. The way he finessed his way out of that lil' scuffle, though? Now that was something I think out friend had real issue with, don't ya think?"

He took off his hat, whisking it into a bottomless bag strapped to his side. Now he truly reflected his name.

"Uncrowned, at your service. Some call me the Lone Ranger. Others a Keeper of the Peace. But me? Well..."
he chuckled.
"I just like to call myself the Hatless Man."
he said, the poor joke earning him little but for a tumbleweed that solemnly rolled across the otherwise unmoving scene.
"Pleasure to be acquainted, Mr. Hatless Man," Rosé paused for a moment, noticing the dubious tone that was evident in his voice.

"I noticed there's some dubious tone evident in your voice and this rather concerns me," Rosé hesitated, raising her eyebrows. "You question my prowess in investigating? I have a lot of experience over the years, Gún could certainly tell you! Anyways, I think a large part of the vigilante-reporter's argument was that the chimney boy was attempting to avoid conflict, not wanting to antagonize the dusty peasant. However, this was in fact not the case, as the little chimney boy
was
inflammatory at parts, which the reporter akwloedged in his column."

Rosé smiled and placed the tumbleweed back in her pocket, hoping the Lone Ranger hadn't noticed her roll it across the floor earlier.
Rosé
Rosé
Townie
Rosé
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:29 pm

Post by Rosé »

In post 234, Gún wrote:
In post 233, Rosé wrote:
In post 203, Akarin wrote:
In post 195, Hiraki wrote:Yeah but are you reading it? Gun is actually playing the game - Rose is floating.
post 146: Bell is picking fights and Rose thinks he's pure of heart. ABR feels barricaded and careful. Uncrowned has a good reads list and seems towny.

post 151 Sandman is "acknowledging the Bell is starting conflicts by being inflammatory, but also saying he's suspicious for trying
not
to engage in conflicts." Vote: Sandman

Why doesn't this count as playing the game?
"Thank you for explaining it to the peasants, my dear. The tiptoer does have suspicious vibes about him."

Rosé takes another sip of her coffee. What was taking Gún so long to return from her daily set of power sit-ups? Rosé was starting to grow worried.
“E-eh! Just following a lead really... and by that I mean I might’ve gotten a bit distracted getting you something...”
"Oh, Gún! You really didn't have to... you already got me that priceless painting yesterday - which I'm still not going to question in how you acquired. The truth is... I got you something too!"

Rosé beamed and handed Gún a dragon scale shield.

"You mentioned you loved dragons the other day, and you're always going on about how you want to shield me. So.... I hope you like it!"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”