q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:13 am

Post by q21 »

/confirm
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:35 am

Post by q21 »

This game is going to be hilarious isn't it?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:11 am

Post by q21 »

Awe-inspiring even.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:16 am

Post by q21 »

But we aren't going to be lynching people as such are we?

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:06 am

Post by q21 »

This game is just so random...

I have absolutely no idea what to say or do right now.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:02 am

Post by q21 »

What are we going to do other than pointless posts until people start throwing potatoes around. We can try an guess how things work, but we aren't going to have a clue until there's an explosion - and even then, we'll only know how that type of potato functions.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:22 am

Post by q21 »

Boom!

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:52 am

Post by q21 »

I personally oppose a voting system because we have no control over the potatoes. We don't know how, when or why they will blow up and as such we cannot ensure that the person the majority wants dead is the person who is actually killed. Therefore the majority is useless. There is still value in voicing suspicions and pointing out scummy behaviour, but if someone doesn't agree with you, your "vote" isn't going to make one tiny bit of difference.

I think that the free flow of Potatoes is the best method of exposing people's motivations and as such I ask those simply sitting on a Potato (Laying Potatos?) why they are doing so?... except John, we know why he's still got his Potato...

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:56 am

Post by q21 »

And yet people would rather keep hold of them and suffer that fate...

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by q21 »

*eats unmentionable potato...

burp... hmmm, spicy!

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:17 am

Post by q21 »

The fact that the Potatoes are now moving makes me happy, Luigi's role speculation makes me suspicious and the fact that no one has passed me a Potato makes me sad.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:23 am

Post by q21 »

Wasn't a real one though, was it?

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:46 am

Post by q21 »

I don't suggest we throw Potatoes around to work out how they work, if over time we start to see how they work that is a bonus and we can use that knowledge then. I suggest throwing the Potatoes around be cause its the only action that has any real weight behind it. Votes don't have any consequence because he have no real way to put a majority choice into effect. Being in possession of a Potato could lead to death for the possessor and so the passing of Potatoes is something on which we can judge people.

Every time you pass a Potato you should be able to give a reason for your choice of target. As such I'd like to know the reasons for the choice of target from those who have thrown their Potatoes in the last few pages.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:48 am

Post by q21 »

Battle Mage wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
M4yhem wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Erm what? Haven't we already concluded that there is a strong possibility that some potatoes may explode after a certain number of tosses?

We haven't concluded anything because we have no evidence, since none of the potatos have exploded. Until we've tested the idea that a number of tossess=bang there's no reason to believe it.
isnt the fact that it is possible enough? 0.o
The fact that it is possible is not equivalent to "a strong possibility", so no, it isn't.
Ok, how about if i said i am 99.9% certain that number of tosses has an impact on when the spud blows up? :roll:

BM
Then I'd have to ask why you're so certain.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:08 am

Post by q21 »

Skruffs wrote:And I can see how, if no scum hvave potatoes (Or have already thrown them) that they would want to keep townies from getting rid of them.
Point is, if I get a potato, I am immediately throwin git to the person I think is most suspicious. Whether I give a reason or not, that leaves a valid papertrail
. IE scum are goign to more likely throw it to townies, and not each other, because throwing it to each other leads to a much more likely case of fatal bussing rather than quasi distancing.

Again, encouraging people to hold onto an exploding potato "Unless they have a good reason", is, well, encouraging players to be sacrificial.
If you think someone is suspicious you must have a reason to think that, right? I didn't mean that every toss of the Potato has to be accompanied by a detailed analysis and reasoning (not that there's anything wrong with that), but there should be some reasoning behind where people pass their Potatoes and they should state that.

If needing to give a reason for your target makes you take a minute to think about where you send the spud then I think that's a good thing.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:18 am

Post by q21 »

Throw the Russet Potato at Skruffs.
In the hope that it blows him up.
Skruffs wrote:...

My guess is that one potato is based on number of tosses, one is based on length of time held, either by one person or from the beginning of the day, and a third is based on number of posts that have been posted, either since it's been last tossed or since the beginning of the day.

Advocating tossing potatos increases the chance of 2 of the 3 likely triggers going off, and so should be minimized.

Most of this post is an attack on BM. This section shows Skruffs against throwing Potatoes.
Skruffs wrote:And I can see how, if no scum hvave potatoes (Or have already thrown them) that they would want to keep townies from getting rid of them.Point is, if I get a potato, I am immediately throwin git to the person I think is most suspicious. Whether I give a reason or not, that leaves a valid papertrail. IE scum are goign to more likely throw it to townies, and not each other, because throwing it to each other leads to a much more likely case of fatal bussing rather than quasi distancing.

Again, encouraging people to hold onto an exploding potato "Unless they have a good reason", is, well, encouraging players to be sacrificial.
This is Skruffs next post, saying quite the opposite... less than a day later. What changed his mind so quickly?

There is also the fact that he accused BM of avoiding a question at one point in Post 194 and later in the same post goes on to quote BM's response to said question. He pushes this same point again in post 258, and again quotes the given answer without making any note of it.

As DGB suggested, it is possible that there is bussing going on here, but either way Skruffs is making invalid points against BM, he's tunnel visioning and he's being inconsistent. He will be the recipient of every Potato I throw until someone acts scummier, or one of us dies.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:26 am

Post by q21 »

Well, crap. I guess that makes me wrong then. Re-thinking time.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by q21 »

JohnWWells wrote:What if we kill anybody who gets a townie killed? In other words, we throw to the person who threw to Scruffs (q21), then if he turns out innocent, we kill the next person who kills a townie.

Alternatively, we could keep killing lurkers until we have an idea as to what triggers each type of potato...
This is a scummy post. Not simply because it suggests killing me, but because what is suggested has a lot of potential to kill absolutely nothing but townies.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #18) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:36 am

Post by q21 »

Rally Vincent wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: What i dont understand is the bit in italics. Can you please explain?

BM
Sure. If someone blows off a potato with a known or at least assumed trigger on purpose, he'd better have a good reason.
I think anyone who throws a Potato anywhere should have a good reason.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:38 am

Post by q21 »

Riceballtail wrote:Hashbrowns...
Is there a reason that after 15 pages you are yet to make a post containing any real content and make random comments instead.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:39 am

Post by q21 »

armlx wrote:
q21 wrote:
Rally Vincent wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: What i dont understand is the bit in italics. Can you please explain?

BM
Sure. If someone blows off a potato with a known or at least assumed trigger on purpose, he'd better have a good reason.
I think anyone who throws a Potato anywhere should have a good reason.
I said this like 10 pages ago.....
So did I.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:22 am

Post by q21 »

Riceballtail wrote:
q21 wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:Hashbrowns...
Is there a reason that after 15 pages you are yet to make a post containing any real content and make random comments instead.
What you see of this game, and what I see of this game, are likely to be different things. You see a game of mafia, which involves lynching and NK's. I see a game of hot potato where there are certain people (of whom we do not know who they are) we need to get out to win.

I honestly don't think this is a game that's meant for serious mafia play, but more of a different and refreshing change from the rest of the games.
So basically you intend to float through this game without ever really doing anything.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:37 pm

Post by q21 »

the silent speaker wrote:Riceballtail and Luigi Gangsta are kuribo's scum partners. This should be obvious to anyone with eyes.
I'm seeing the things that can make Riceballtail and Luigi Gangsta scum, but I don't see much that points to Kuribo being scum. Care to elaborate?

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:32 am

Post by q21 »

I may have been trying to wifom my way past you all by attacking Skruffs. Its a possibility, but its much less likely than the possibility that I was simply attacking someone I found scummy - which is what townies are supposed to do.

If I had already displayed some scummy behaviour then viewing it from a negative point of view may be warranted. But the fact that I attacked Skruffs is not enough to label me scum. Probably not enough to be so sure I'm town either, but anyway.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by q21 »

I have nothing wrong with people voting, I just don't believe its a particularly useful way to play the game. The only thing people can really be held accountable for and questioned on is their choices in throwing a potato. Also, the trail of potatoes gives a lot more information that vote patterns in this game ever could. Since the potatoes have become stationary the game has degenerated to name calling and jokes, with little in the way of scumhunting.

Statement of intent: Next time I get a potato it's going to RBT.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:00 am

Post by q21 »

Just got caught up on the posts since I last posted. A lot of it is a big argument between armlx and kuribo, with a few put ins from other players. In said argument both parties have made some valid points, although I do notably disagree with armlx's "commit suicide if the town tells you to" comments.

The problem I have is that the thread has, to a degree, gone from being a group discussion to being a dialogue. Kuribo and armlx have successfully single tracked the game direction, whether intentionally or not. There are a few who have been posting, but doing so sporadically and with little content.

There are also those who have not posted for some time - these people I would like to hear from as they may have a relatively fresh viewpoint on the game so far, which is what I think this game needs at the moment. As such:

MODS:
Could you please prod wizardcat, CoheedCambria09 and DarlaBlueEyes.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:47 am

Post by q21 »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I don't need no stinking prod :p

I'm enjoying the game whilst eating french fries if you must know.
If you don't need a prod then how about posting something along the lines of an opinion of the game maybe? Just sitting back and watching - as you admit to doing - is scummy.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:55 am

Post by q21 »

the silent speaker wrote:Porochaz, I lean toward agreeing with you on BM, but why do you disagree with my arguments on kuribo?
There's nothing wrong with asking someone why they think something, but this post comes across as I agree with you on BM, now please agree with me on kuribo.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:57 am

Post by q21 »

Generally I agree with your stance on the game kuribo, and have said so a number of times. Oddly enough no one has found me scummy for it...

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (isolation #29) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:53 am

Post by q21 »

So I get into day two to find two completely new potatoes and new slightly changed potatos... ie, the Russet is now baked and the Yellow is raw. Firstly, glad to see Luigi go, and if TSS is scum, I'm a flying monkey.

I have something of a theory on the baked/not baked thing. I think that baking a potato would lessen the time/tosses/posts/whatever it takes to set said potato off. So if it took 8 throws to detonate a raw Russet potato, then it may well take less throws to detonate the baked version we have today. Similarly, the now raw Yellow potato will probably take something like 5 days to a week to blow up on the person holding it. As opposed to the three days it took to nail John on day one.

As for the Yam... I have no idea how that might work.

Thoughts anyone?

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (isolation #30) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:26 am

Post by q21 »

Chuck the Yam to somestrangeflea

If this doesn't kill you, as I doubt it would so soon in the day, here is your chance to make a meaningful contribution to the game, in the form of choosing who gets this Potato (yeah, yeah... yams aren't actually potatoes... lets not get technical) next.

RBT - any reason at all why you have sent me that potato.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (isolation #31) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:05 am

Post by q21 »

Well since its a method by which you may very well kill someone having a reason for your choice of target seems like a good idea.

@ssf - why would the mods give the same thing two different names?

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (isolation #32) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:54 pm

Post by q21 »

the silent speaker wrote:I suspect the sweet potato yesterday (and possibly the yam today) was tied to an absolute timer and functioned like a deadline for the day (as opposed to the potato which blew up after being held by a particular person for three days).

Judging by the fact that it blew up at the moment kuribo threw it... I doubt the timer idea. Unless its the first throw after X amount of time.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by q21 »

I do remember saying earlier that every time you throw a Potato you should be ready to kill the person you target. CC09 has just displayed how true that is.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (isolation #34) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by q21 »

I'm sorry my posting has been pretty sparse lately, I have a whole pile of projects and assignments to hand in which has left me with no time for online recreation. On the weekend (Friday night/Saturday morning) I should be able to catch up properly and respond to what's happened and to anything that's been thrown my way.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:02 am

Post by q21 »

Since the Yellow Potato took 3 days of inactivity to blow up when baked, I feel safe holding onto an unbaked version until the mods arrive to confirm whether DBE and CC09 are dead or not. I'll be around regularly for the weekend so if the mods arrive and tell us that CC09's stunt had no effect then I'll be throwing this Potato fairly promptly.

RBT - I would like a reason why you keep throwing Potatoes at me.

I really think we should have nail RBT instead of DBE with that though.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (isolation #36) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:47 am

Post by q21 »

M$yhem -

If the same laws as yesterday hold true the baked Russet will kill with a single throw. Even though all potatoes that go RBT's seem to hit me next, please throw it to RBT.

If you state that you won't throw to RBT, or if he survives it I will throw my Potato at him.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (isolation #37) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:50 am

Post by q21 »

EBWOP

That name at the top should be M4hem...

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (isolation #38) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:17 pm

Post by q21 »

Riceballtail wrote:
q21 wrote:The fact that the Potatoes are now moving makes me happy, Luigi's role speculation makes me suspicious and
the fact that no one has passed me a Potato makes me sad.
The please pass me a Potato was a random early game comment meant in jest... I felt left out...
Riceballtail wrote:
q21 wrote:
I'm seeing the things that can make Riceballtail and Luigi Gangsta scum,
but I don't see much that points to Kuribo being scum. Care to elaborate?
I think it was TSS who made a post saying that he thought RBT and Luigi were kuribo's scum partners. This was a response to that.
Riceballtail wrote:
q21 wrote:
Firstly, glad to see Luigi go,
and if TSS is scum, I'm a flying monkey.
These stand out, as he fingers Luigi really hard, and tries to tie it to me. Probably a strong bus to look town, and pointing to a townie to keep the appearance that I'm scum, while avoiding the suspicion himself.
Fingered Luigi really hard..? These are pretty much the only posts in the game where I mentioned him, and while I haven't been the most vocal player I have quite a few more than three posts.

Context is your friend.

Throw Baked Russet Potato at RBT.
In the hope that it blows him the hell up. (It worked once didn't it?) Haven't liked him the whole game and his first attempt to post some sort of content is a pile of posts taken out of context.

Throw Blue Potato to M4yhem.
Because he asked for it, and I see no harm in baking a Potato we don't know anything about anyway.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (isolation #39) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by q21 »

This could get repetitive...

Throw BRP at RBT

Because doing this with RBT is odds on to kill me and there isn't really anyone I want to throw at I wil claim and give you the information I can now.

I am a Tatermancer. I practice tatermancy, which is the art of determining the triggers on Potatoes.

Night 1: Baked Yellow Potato

It can be triggered by throws, exact number not given. And it had a short time fuse, which I think corresponds to the three days of inactivity it took to kill John. This shows that Potatoes can have multiple triggers and that the number of posts trigger is not constant from day, but I would suggest that if it took lots of throws one day it would take lots the next, and visa versa... but it may well be completely different, that's part of the reason I was eager to see if the BRP killed RBT in one throw - to know if there was consistency.

Night 2: Yam

The Yam is not a threat in any way at all.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:59 am

Post by q21 »

Yes, I am pro-town.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (isolation #41) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:41 am

Post by q21 »

Right, more information (and possibly the useful kind too)

Basically since the Baked Russet sploded after a different number of throws on days 2 and 3 I wondered if the throws trigger was a random number of throws/day or if the number of throws required fell into a specific range. eg 8-12 throws, exact number to be to be determined randomly at the beginning of the day.

Long story short, my role allows me to ask about the same potato more than once and gain more information the second time. I asked for clarification on the baked yellow.

If held by a single player for 72 hours without them throwing it it will explode. This we knew.

It will explode after exactly 15 throws. Don't know what that means for the baked russet yesterday, but it couldbe useful to know today.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (isolation #42) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by q21 »

Anyone want to test that claim. We throw the Baked yellow around 14 times between us then chuck it to RBT and see it he dies.

If he does he's a lying bastard and deserves to die.

If it doesn't his role is proved (at least to me, to you it depends if you believe me or not) and we et the 15 throws back again.

Thoughts.

... which I will read tomorrow... I'm going to bed.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (isolation #43) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:04 pm

Post by q21 »

After a nights sleep I'd like to cancel the idea of that plan. Its too easy for me and RBT to be scum together and to have concocted that so that RBT has the Potato on the last throw.

Not saying we are scum, just that it won't prove anything to anyone but me.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (isolation #44) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by q21 »

See my last post Korts. I was too tired to think it through last night and should have kept my mouth shut. While its now obvious how his role works, I thought that he would cancel every throw of the potato up to that point when he caught it.

As I said, cancel that plan.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (isolation #45) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by q21 »

Could we have a mod update on the potatoes, please.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (isolation #46) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:30 am

Post by q21 »

I've got to agree with kuribo, throwing a Potato time trigger to someone who is away is scummy. Even if he genuinely didn't know which Potato he had just the 50% chance he had the Baked Yellow should have made him stop to think.

I'd like to know why people still throw to RBT? Anyone going to tell me?

Reasons are good, even for a Potato that you know won't blow up yet.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (isolation #47) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:49 am

Post by q21 »

Should we, as a town, designate who gets the Baked Yellow Potato on its second last throw?

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (isolation #48) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:57 am

Post by q21 »

Sweet!

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (isolation #49) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:19 am

Post by q21 »

This how the throws go, as best as I can figure.

skitzer -(815/822)-> RBT -(823)-> Korts -(8285)-> M4yhem -(841)-> RV -(843)-> kuribo -(850)-> RV -(853)-> kuribo -(854)-> RV -(862)-> kuribo -(866)-> RV -(868)-> kuribo -(870)-> RV -(871)-> kuribo -(873)-> RV -(875)-> kuribo Dies.

That's 15 counting the one to RBT... but RBT is supposed to cancel the throws going their way.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (isolation #50) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:32 am

Post by q21 »

So you role only works when you the throw would otherwise blow you up. I guess your reveal can be read that way, but its an interpretation you have to look for. On first reading it looks like you're saying that throws to you do not count.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (isolation #51) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:53 am

Post by q21 »

The problem is that we have no clue when the Blue Potato will splode, so we can't test it today.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (isolation #52) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:33 am

Post by q21 »

It has to one that we know the exact trigger of though. And I only seem to get exact triggers if I ask twice.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (isolation #53) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:23 am

Post by q21 »

At least this way we get to find out if the Blue Potato has a timer...

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (isolation #54) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:27 am

Post by q21 »

Of course, if there is no timer we could be in for a long wait.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (isolation #55) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by q21 »

*sigh*

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (isolation #56) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:29 am

Post by q21 »

Right, I have no new light to shed of today's potatoes, though I will reiterate what I have said before, the yam is no threat to anyone. Seeing as baking seems to exacerbate a trigger the Yam (having no trigger) should not be any threat when baked either.

Last night I asked for information on the Sweet Potato. It has two triggers, which are time held and time in existence. No number of throws trigger, despite the sweet potato on day one exploding at precisely the time kuribo threw it to armlx.

Anyway, that's all the information I have on offer at the moment.

Unfortunately I have a pile of deadlines for this week so my posting will be sporadic as best over the next few days.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (isolation #57) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:54 am

Post by q21 »

The yam is harmless anyway... and its gone because RBT was holding it when he exploded...

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (isolation #58) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:21 am

Post by q21 »

Looked up the blue potato last night, its only trigger is its time in existence for which is has a long fuse. I haven't looked at the Russet at all so the only thing I have to go on for that is the 8 throws it took to blow up on day 1.

I also looked over the history of Baked Russets in this game to see if we'd get an info advantage by baking the russet we have today. The two Baked Russets we've had haven't matched up with each other on any of the three triggers I've encountered so far, namely: time in existence, time held and number of throws. So I don't see any benefit in baking it.

Right, so there are 5 of us left. To me M4yhem is town because I don't see scum with an on thread role. Korts has played very protown for me and I don't suspect him either. That leaves DGB and Skitzer (you may of course suspect me to any degree you see fit) who I've just finished reading over.

Skitzer sticks out as the best scum suspect to me. He posts rarely and has never made an original contribution to the game. His fist two posts were pointless early game comments. His third post was this.
skitzer wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
q21 wrote:I don't suggest we throw Potatoes around to work out how they work, if over time we start to see how they work that is a bonus and we can use that knowledge then. I suggest throwing the Potatoes around be cause its the only action that has any real weight behind it. Votes don't have any consequence because he have no real way to put a majority choice into effect. Being in possession of a Potato could lead to death for the possessor and so the passing of Potatoes is something on which we can judge people.

Every time you pass a Potato you should be able to give a reason for your choice of target. As such I'd like to know the reasons for the choice of target from those who have thrown their Potatoes in the last few pages.
:goodposting:

BM
I like this as well. I'm not a fan of the fakevoting, but if you have a potato and you throw it, you better have a reason. I can see how scum are just willing to get rid of a potato in case it blows up.
Here is agrees that people must have a reason fro their choice of target.

His last five posts, all are throws or attempted throws. None have reasons.
skitzer wrote:[/b]Throw Baked Yellow Potato at Riceballtail[/b]
skitzer wrote:Excuse me.

Throw Baked Russet Potato at Riceballtail
Trying to get rid of 5 hours after he got it from the mods. His correction came a day later.
skitzer wrote:
Throw Blue Potato to Riceballtail.
42 hours after he got it, but he got it during the period of fake potato throwing, this is only 9 hours after the mods confirm that he does in fact have the potato.
skitzer wrote:
Throw Blue Potato to Riceballtail
A whole twenty hours after he got it.
skitzer wrote:
Throw Baked Yellow Potato to Riceballtail
2 hours after he got it.

Like I said, never a reason given and he has no other posts which say something along the lines of: "If I get a Potato, I will throw it to X because of Y." Actually, apart from a few, fairly meaningless, posts on day one he doesn't have any other posts at all.

Basically he has played this game by only pitching up to get rid of a potato and he has always been prompt to do so. This indicates that he is watching the game but choosing not to contribute to the town in anyway. He is, to phrase it simply, scummy as hell.

I will happily trade throws with Korts or M4yhem (not 100% sure about DGB) if they'll agree to target to Skitzer on the 8th throw. Any takers?

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (isolation #59) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:39 am

Post by q21 »

Since I doubt you can do anything unfortunate at this point if you are scum, so to get the show on the road.

Throw Russet Potato to DGB

7 left... I think.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (isolation #60) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by q21 »

Passes Russet Potato to M4yhem

5 left... maybe. Or it has a trigger I haven't heard of yet.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (isolation #61) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by q21 »

If it just bounces between me and M4yhem it will be him that makes the possibly killing throw. I trust him to do it.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (isolation #62) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:05 am

Post by q21 »

Throw Russet Potato at M4yhem

Who gift wraps a Potato anyway?

3 left.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (isolation #63) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by q21 »

Tee up the Russet Potato for M4yhem

Last throw is yours.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (isolation #64) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:05 pm

Post by q21 »

We wait.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (isolation #65) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 am

Post by q21 »

DAMN!.... my truly abysmal record continues. I'm usually over competitive, so I have no idea why I like a game that I routinely lose. O well.

Well played to M4yhem, I think he played really well and that added to the fact that I've never seen a scum role with a non-aggressive ability that is used in thread... I had no clue. DBG I suspected, but skitzer more so.

Korts through the Potato that killer Porochaz, so I was certain he was town.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (isolation #66) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:56 am

Post by q21 »

I agree with Yosarian2....

Why did CC09 kill TSS... why?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”