the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

You type potato, I type potato.

Is it me, or does it lose something in the transformation to written medium?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:18 am

Fakevote: Wizardcat
. Fakevotes are the only way to go in a kingmaker game. Otherwise who does the king execute?

True, the potato mechanic is a bit different than a true kingmaker mechanic, but the principle applies the same way.

Also,
fakevote: kuribo
. Clearly scum, and I'm onto him.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:25 pm

Skruffs and M4yhem are correct. Battle Mage is wrong and possibly scum for it; seriously, man, are you saying that pro-town players should hold onto the only lynching mechanism in the game?

There should be more Kuribo hate.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:44 pm

I'm saying that because a significant factor in when the potatoes explode is NUMBER OF THROWS,
There have to be multiple differing factors in when the potatoes explode. The mod has told us that holding a potato waitig for confirmation that we have it can be what kills us. Number of throws, yes, one, but also length of time in absolute terms (measured in time or posts or both).
If we throw a potato, we should actually be ready for the recipient to possibly die. Do you feel we've had enough discussion for Day 1?
If you're telling me you have no scum reads on anyone, you're lying. They will not be as firmly grounded or deeply rooted as in a regular game, by the nature of the death mechanic where people find suddenly that they have made unilateral executive decisions, but it is
a scum read
, and that means by definition that you are prepared for the person to maybe die. Not as much as you would like to be prepared, maybe, but more than you should be prepared to die yourself.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:26 pm

Riceballtail and Luigi Gangsta are kuribo's scum partners. This should be obvious to anyone with eyes.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:07 pm

fishing for a reaction can backfire, you know
Is that a threat?

Anyway, m4yhem, posts like the one I just quoted are why the kuribo hate. And there are a whole raft of suspect kuribo posts, not just that one. PBPA to follow shortly.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:33 pm

Kuribo's first substantive post:
I don't know if voting is worth it--- suppose the "enforcer" (for lack of a better term) holding the potato triggers it while we're voting?

Since we have no idea when the explosions will occur, we can't very well assume how much time we have to come to a vote.
Tries to dissuade the town from coming to consensus by playing the doom card.
Exactly, so we also have no idea which potatoes may have explosives in them. (Therefore we wouldn't know which to throw at someone)
Restates previous poster, and implies that any town action is futile.
Suppose one of the potatoes only triggers if you're also holding another potato?
Suppose one of the potatoes triggers via postcount while we're voting?
Useless questioning that doesn't even rise to the level of speculation. It's nothing but what-ifing. These were two separate posts, both quoted in full but with internal quotations omitted.
We have to bear in mind: throwing someone a potato is not an instant kill (as in Bad Idea Mafia) but is also potentially handing them a weapon.
More warning the town of the danger of using their only mechanic.

This is not even balanced speculation; even granting him every word true, the "weapon" throwing a potato hands the recipient is every bit as double-edged for him as it was for the thrower. It is fearmongering, plain and simple, and kuribo has done virtually nothing but.
Sure they can, *we have no reliable way of lynching him.*
ONOZ!
So, again, the speculation is pointless.
Annd yet, with perhaps (being generous) one or two substantive posts' exception, speculation on the potatoes is ALL KURIBO HAS DONE.

That is why I think Kuribo should die. However, it should be acknowledged that I have no evidence that the people I called out as scum are all scum
together

P.S. Korts:
Skruffs, I don't see it how BM confirmed that the potatoes are in pro-town hands. Could you elaborate?
Not sure if this got answered, but I think it was this:
BM wrote:I'd rather see the potatoes KEPT in the hands of those protown players, until we have some idea of where we are throwing them.
Implying that the hands the potatoes were then in were pro-town.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:31 am

While I do not agree that people should withhold throwing potatoes until the fakevotes are in consensus, as this will only lead to people dying while we wait for the fakevotes, I do agree that people should be fakevoting freely, since that will provide recordation of who finds whom sucpicious.

BM, I expressed no opinion of whether the quote I pulled said what Skruffs said it said. On its face it is a plausible reading, but I would need to analyze it in context. Out of context, it was the answer to a question Korts asked, nothing more.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:49 am

EBWOP: And when people
do
throw potatoes, they should only do so to people on whom they have bona fide, expressible suspicions.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:15 pm

Noone is keeping account of the votes
Why, Porochaz, how very kind of you to volunteer.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:41 pm

Clearly less then half the game is trying to play mafia, and the rest are trying to play a Mish Mash game that amounts to nothing more than Russian Roulette.
If you mean the people not voting, you have my full support. If you mean me and others who want to keep the potatoes athrowin', do you not realize that holding the potatoes is no less an act of Russian roulette?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:58 am

Eats sweet potato and then vomits sweet potato all over kuribo

Post 487 kuribo claimed scum. He stated outright that he would not be listening to the suspicions of other players as a factor in determining who he finds suscpicious himself.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:24 am

Korts wrote:a kuribo-TSS-armlx threesome I'm fine with.
Oh ew.

Kuribo, it doesn't matter whether that was the
point
of your post, Kuribo. What matters is that that was the effect of it. Town want other town's opinions. Scum want the town to shut up. You wanted the town to shut up.

Korts, it isn't that kuribo wants to make up his own mind rather than mindlessly sheeping, it's that kuribo doesn't want to be influenced by the minds of other players. His words:
kuribo wrote:No, it won't
[provide recordation of who finds who suspicious -- ed.]
. People won't be lynched based on fakevotes as they would normal votes. People won't be bandwagoned based on fakevotes, since they HOLD NO BEARING. The ONLY thing recording the fakevotes will do is give the SCUM a handy-dandy little reference guide to let them know who their most vocal opponents would be.
He claims that because a fakevote won't directly cause the person to die, it has no value to anyone but scum. Let me repeat that: he says that
town expressing who they find suspicious, and why
has no value to anyone but scum.

At the moment, I have put forward just about the only case on anybody. Can someone explain to me why I am in the potato wheel, besides kuribo's OMGUS? Which is itself scummy, since as kuribo himself has been so eager to point out to us, one person's OMGUS can without more get its target killed.
Stuff sweet potato down kuribo's pants
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:48 pm

teleport sweet potato directly into kuribo's brain

Seriously, did you even read my case against you? It had nothing to do with who you agreed with and everything to do with your noncontribution. Do you think that somehow magically if we look at fakevotes we can't look at potatoes? Do you think that magically suspicions expressed by those without potatoes disappear?

I could go for riceballtail or luigi gangsta also, but that for tomorrow's worry I think.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:55 pm

Porochaz, I lean toward agreeing with you on BM, but why do you disagree with my arguments on kuribo?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:56 pm

EBWOP:
don't try to put votes in a game that has NO system to use them. Town or scum, I will make sure that those who are doing this garbage get asploded as my #1 priority until I can feel like this game is enjoyable again.
Fakevote: Riceballtail
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:16 am

Turns kuribo into a giant sweet potato

The difference between my unsourced post and your unsourced post was that mine
gave an opinion
. Yours gave nothing but prophecies of doom.

q21, I don't need porochaz to agree with me on kuribo, since I've got the potato and I have yet to see anything from kuribo to make me want to not try to kill him. But if he has some reason to think so, I want to know what it is, so I can evaluate it and throw my potato more intelligently.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:35 pm

Well, Kuribo already has his potato, so i say it's
Luigi
time.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:50 pm

Instant potato to Luigi

Yellow potato to Kuribo

DGB, I understand kuribo's OMGUS, but why you?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:11 pm

I suspect the sweet potato yesterday (and possibly the yam today) was tied to an absolute timer and functioned like a deadline for the day (as opposed to the potato which blew up after being held by a particular person for three days).

Coheed, Flea, what the hell?

Riceball:
I have to have a reason now?
Yes, you do.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”