kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:34 am

Post by kuribo »

/confirm
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #86 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:55 am

Post by kuribo »

Battle Mage wrote:is it worth voting here?

BM
I don't know if voting is worth it--- suppose the "enforcer" (for lack of a better term) holding the potato triggers it while we're voting?

Since we have no idea when the explosions will occur, we can't very well assume how much time we have to come to a vote.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #92 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:14 am

Post by kuribo »

Exactly, so we also have no idea which potatoes may have explosives in them. (Therefore we wouldn't know which to throw at someone)

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #101 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:00 am

Post by kuribo »

Korts wrote: I somehow don't think players can hold more than one potato. Might be worth a try, though.
Suppose one of the potatoes only triggers if you're also holding another potato?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #133 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:31 am

Post by kuribo »

armlx wrote:I suggest a voting system, where we effectively vote 2 people to be possible lynches. They then pass the potatoes between each other repeatedly until one dies. If they pass elsewhere, we simply pass all potatoes to them repeatedly till they die.
Suppose one of the potatoes triggers via postcount while we're voting?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #176 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:04 am

Post by kuribo »

I want the baked yellow potato, I'm hungry. :(

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #257 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:41 am

Post by kuribo »

Skruffs wrote:And I can see how, if no scum hvave potatoes (Or have already thrown them) that they would want to keep townies from getting rid of them.Point is, if I get a potato, I am immediately throwin git to the person I think is most suspicious. Whether I give a reason or not, that leaves a valid papertrail. IE scum are goign to more likely throw it to townies, and not each other, because throwing it to each other leads to a much more likely case of fatal bussing rather than quasi distancing.

Again, encouraging people to hold onto an exploding potato "Unless they have a good reason", is, well, encouraging players to be sacrificial.
This seems to me like the best course of action. Throwing all three potatoes to the scummiest person increases the odds that the "scummy person" will simply throw three potatoes at three pro-town targets.

We have to bear in mind: throwing someone a potato is not an instant kill (as in Bad Idea Mafia) but is also potentially handing them a weapon.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #260 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:36 am

Post by kuribo »

Skruffs wrote:A scum has to be offensive more than defensive, he can't OMGUS-toss-back without having a good reason of his own, or else he winds up looking completely scummy and lynched the next day.
Sure they can, *we have no reliable way of lynching him.*

You can toss it back to them while they're asleep, but there's no guarantee that they won't just wake up the next morning and throw it again.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #279 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:13 am

Post by kuribo »

the silent speaker wrote: There should be more Kuribo hate.
:roll:

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #323 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:18 pm

Post by kuribo »

JohnWWells wrote:What if we kill anybody who gets a townie killed? In other words, we throw to the person who threw to Scruffs (q21), then if he turns out innocent, we kill the next person who kills a townie.

Alternatively, we could keep killing lurkers until we have an idea as to what triggers each type of potato...
Because we have no idea what triggers the potatoes, and again, anyone could just keep tossing them back to someone else. That's why it's alot like real Hot Potato--- you don't wanna be holding that thing, regardless of your alignment.

Also, throwing to q21 in retaliation may work (MAY work), but from there, throwing to the next person that kills a townie? Bad idea, and I'll say why: Suppose q21 is town, then you've basically ordered the death sentence of the person who enforced the very rule that you're asking be upheld. Then again, you can ask the rest of us to pelt someone with spuds until the cows come home, but that doesn't mean they'll be the one to blow up.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #339 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:57 am

Post by kuribo »

Rally Vincent wrote:
armlx wrote:How about we stop speculating about what caused Skruffs' death and start more speculation on who is scum?
Both are connected. If we know a trigger, then the one triggering a potato on a townie has some explanation to do. Triggering a potato by choice is one of the scumtells that we're looking for.
But there's nothing that says the potatoes will be the same every day, or that the triggers will be every day.

So, again, the speculation is pointless.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #397 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:05 am

Post by kuribo »

the silent speaker wrote:Riceballtail and Luigi Gangsta are kuribo's scum partners. This should be obvious to anyone with eyes.
fishing for a reaction can backfire, you know

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #405 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:33 am

Post by kuribo »

I agree with BM, but partly because "THAT'S WIFOM" is one of my least favorite metas.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #406 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:34 am

Post by kuribo »

Korts wrote:WIFOM, as in it's just as possible he did so anticipating exactly the kind of reaction you made. I mean, you go and say things like "I wouldn't expect scum to do this, therefore if he did this, he's very likely pro-town" and don't understand why people say you're spouting WIFOM?

And now that I reread your sentence, am I reading it correctly and you're referencing q21's scum meta? If so, please clarify.
He's not spouting WIFOM me to say an action is more likely pro-town.

However, YOU are (by its very definition), by saying "it's possible he did so anticipating the reaction."

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #410 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:31 am

Post by kuribo »

Battle Mage wrote:
No, i was just speaking generally. I dont have any real meta on him. Not sure if we've even played together before!

BM
At one point, q21 and I were in 3 different games together, I think. :P

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #429 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:24 am

Post by kuribo »

M4yhem wrote: The Silent Speaker is obviously scum buddies with Kuribo. Nice distancing, genius.
don't mix me up with that guy, I ain't touching this disasterpiece.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #430 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:27 am

Post by kuribo »

And TSS, I'm not trying to stop the town from reaching a consensus. (Strawman, much?) What I'm saying is that we're all essentially vigs passing around a gun that could kill anyone at any time--- which leaves us no way of knowing exactly how or when we're going to kill someone off.

Your case is very good, TSS. For me to poop on!

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #436 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:28 am

Post by kuribo »

Rally Vincent wrote:
kuribo wrote:
But there's nothing that says the potatoes will be the same every day, or that the triggers will be every day.

So, again, the speculation is pointless.
So, what's your plan then? Sit and wait?
I didn't say that. What I did say is that we should be wary of any plan that involves tossing explosives to people hoping to blow those particular people up--- as I said before, we're also possibly throwing them a weapon.

Nevermind the fact that if you throw the potatoes to the scummiest candidate, what happens if they don't explode on him? Is he expected to keep them in his hands for all of eternity? Naturally, scum or town, he's not going to just hold them and say, "Well, guess it's my time!" He's gonna throw it at someone.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #439 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:48 am

Post by kuribo »

I think that the problem is that the town is used to being able to take quick, decisive action, and is trying to come up with a strategy to make this as much like a regular mafia game as possible.

My whole point is that alot of the stuff (LET'S THR0W T0 TEH SKUMMZ0RZ!!!!!!) doesn't hold. We need to come up with a better idea.

For example, I think we're on a good track keeping track of who throws what to who--- scum won't be likely to risk killing off their partners, for instance. Once we know more of the triggers, this may even get easier.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #444 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:10 am

Post by kuribo »

Crazy wrote:I'm kind of lost about why we're wagoning on TSS. His case on Kuribo is decent.
If by "decent," you mean "over-exaggerating everything kuribo says to make him look scummy after he quietly made a vague comment about kuribo being scum," then, yes, it is "decent."

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #486 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:01 am

Post by kuribo »

Rally Vincent wrote:
kuribo wrote:
I didn't say that. What I did say is that we should be wary of any plan that involves tossing explosives to people hoping to blow those particular people up--- as I said before, we're also possibly throwing them a weapon.

Nevermind the fact that if you throw the potatoes to the scummiest candidate, what happens if they don't explode on him? Is he expected to keep them in his hands for all of eternity? Naturally, scum or town, he's not going to just hold them and say, "Well, guess it's my time!" He's gonna throw it at someone.
kuribo wrote:For example, I think we're on a good track keeping track of who throws what to who--- scum won't be likely to risk killing off their partners, for instance. Once we know more of the triggers, this may even get easier.
First you're telling us that we shouldn't throw the potatoes because they may not explode and it could mean handing scum over a weapon. It's just that there won't be a throwing pattern if nobody throws the potatoes. You're telling us that we need to make better plans, but that's about all. Again - what is a
better
plan then the things we had in mind until now? Besides townies holding on to the potatoes until one of them blows up?
I didn't say "lolololol don't throw anyone potatoes omg." So stop trying to reduce my argument to stupidity.

Perhaps if I scream my opinion at you in large, italicized caps, you'll get it:

THE ENTIRE TOWN CAN 'FAKEVOTE' A PERSON, AND THAT PERSON CAN STILL AVOID THEIR DEATH BY THROWING THEIR POTATOES AT SOMEONE ELSE.
This is not an attempt to crush some brilliant Breaking Strategy, this is FACT.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #487 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:04 am

Post by kuribo »

the silent speaker wrote:While I do not agree that people should withhold throwing potatoes until the fakevotes are in consensus, as this will only lead to people dying while we wait for the fakevotes, I do agree that people should be fakevoting freely, since that will provide recordation of who finds whom sucpicious.
No, it won't. People won't be lynched based on fakevotes as they would normal votes. People won't be bandwagoned based on fakevotes, since they HOLD NO BEARING. The ONLY thing recording the fakevotes will do is give the SCUM a handy-dandy little reference guide to let them know who their most vocal opponents would be. This is different from regular mafia because in a regular game, if enough people are voting for you, you die. However, every single scum and townie could all vote for the same person, and there is no guarantee that he'll die. Do you people even understand the words that are coming off of my fingers, or do you just assume that anyone that disagrees with you is "lolololol scummz0r?"

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #488 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:06 am

Post by kuribo »

Lob Sweet Potato at TSS
See how this works?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #490 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:25 am

Post by kuribo »

Porochaz wrote:then he can throw it back if hes still alive, yay!
And this, as I've stated--- not fakevoting--- is the only way to figure out who's scum and who's not.

Reducing my argument from "Potato-throwing is 10 times more reliable than fakevoting as a means of tracking who's doing what" to "OMG STOP THR0WING P0TAT0Z U GUYZ" is stupid as hell, scummy as hell, and a clear strawman position.

Just because someone doesn't like a (pointless) strategy doesn't mean you're scum.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #492 (isolation #24) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:11 am

Post by kuribo »

Korts wrote: Your prime suspect is TSS; TSS' prime suspect is you. We don't learn anything new from the to-and-fro lobbing of the potato, since both sides have stated reasons for throwing.

but that's exactly why we DO learn from the lobbing.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #494 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:22 am

Post by kuribo »

I don't like how he came off with a post that amounted to "lol kuribo is scum" and from there tried to quantify it. It reeks of laziness and backward deduction.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #496 (isolation #26) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:51 am

Post by kuribo »

The idea that just because someone opposes such a clearly flawed plan makes them scum.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #498 (isolation #27) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:16 am

Post by kuribo »

armlx wrote:
The idea that just because someone opposes such a clearly flawed plan makes them scum.
The only thing I see you doing is sitting back naysaying all game. I see no attempts at any logical mafia playing. That is an issue given we have a 20 page game so far. You even go as far as to oppose any plan that might enforce logic upon the game. That is TSS's point.
And I disagree with his point.

I don't oppose ANY plan that might enforce logic upon the game, I oppose a STUPID plan that enforces a pointless strategy upon the game.

BIG difference.

I've already given my opinion on the best way to tell scum from mafia.

I'm going to give you and TSS a little hint: NOT EVERYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH YOU IS MAFIA. NOT EVERYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH YOUR STRATEGIES IS MAFIA.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #499 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:28 am

Post by kuribo »

Let me reiterate: I've never liked the idea that "I HAVE A PLAN AND YOU MUST FOLLOW OR YOU ARE SCUM." And even less when the plan is clearly flawed.

How do we know YOU'RE not scum, armlx?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #501 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:51 am

Post by kuribo »

Battle Mage wrote:
Ftr, i really like Kuribo at this point. He is making a ton of sense. I'll swiftly gloss over the fact he is pretty much parroting me. I think he feels town. (partly also because Kuribo scum doesnt post. He merely lurks and gets replaced).
I'll have you know I've never been replaced.

And if I seem to be parroting you, it's because at the very least, we have the same opinion of this strategy and the people trying to force it upon the town.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #503 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:08 am

Post by kuribo »

Battle Mage wrote:Hmm, i cant even remember the game now. You were definitely scum with me, and you definitely did f**k all....

hmm....

BM
You modded PresidentMaker, and I got called out for lurking and had a total meltdown, at one point refusing even to answer any questions and posting pointless drivel. Then HackerHuck refused to lynch me, the following day, Armlx lynched me, then MafiaPlayer defended me after I was lynched and flipped scum, so Armlx lynched him, and from there he lynched HackerHuck for the bad lynch a few days before.

You and I haven't been scum together that I know of.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #505 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:57 am

Post by kuribo »

armlx wrote:
I oppose a STUPID plan that enforces a pointless strategy upon the game.
The stupid plan of voting in an orderly fashion....
NOT EVERYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH YOU IS MAFIA. NOT EVERYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH YOUR STRATEGIES IS MAFIA.
Yes, but those who try to subvert them without offering their own alternatives are likely to be.
How do we know YOU'RE not scum, armlx?
For the purposes of my plan, how does it matter?
The stupid plan of assuming that we currently have complete control over who dies and when. Example: You thought I was scum, sure I have a few votes on me, so you toss me a potato. I immediately toss it elsewhere. Your attempt to kill me fails. Fakevoting is giving the town a false sense of security, which we can little afford.

But, I did offer an alternative, and just because you choose to ignore it doesn't make it any less an alternative.

Of course it matters if you're scum. Scum have a motive for wanting to get the town to follow a poorly conceived plan.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #507 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:21 am

Post by kuribo »

This is like the third or fourth game that I've seen devolve into "I KNOW BETTER MAFIA THEORY THAN YOU THEREFORE YOU MUST BE SCUM."

Arguing mafia theory and mechanics annoys me, but that doesn't make me scum.

So, you think your plan is well thought out, even though a side-effect is that it may result in a pile of dead townies? How do you NOT see how scum can exploit THAT?

Throwing the potatoes should be the ANALYZABLE action, not the response to (mostly bullshit) psuedoanalysis.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #509 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:27 am

Post by kuribo »

armlx wrote:
So, you think your plan is well thought out, even though a side-effect is that it may result in a pile of dead townies? How do you NOT see how scum can exploit THAT?
The issue is that applies to any plan we institute to throw potatoes in this game. Can you think of one where scum can't just throw to townies if attacked?
No, but that's the whole point of not putting too much stock in the fakevotes.

We can put 100 fakevotes on you if we want, but I bet you won't hold on to that potato.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #511 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:42 am

Post by kuribo »

That statement makes absolutely no sense and can lead only down WIFOM road.

"If I was scum," yes, but if you were scum, you would possibly clearly state "If I was scum..."

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #513 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:52 am

Post by kuribo »

I dislike when it's misused, yes, but when you say "If I was scum..." then it's only a short leap to "I can't possibly be scum because scum would never..."

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #515 (isolation #36) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:05 am

Post by kuribo »

You're right, "If I was town..." is an entirely different argument that has no bearing on anything I just said.

IN THE BIZARRO WORLD.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #517 (isolation #37) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:13 am

Post by kuribo »

No, what you're saying is "The town should do what I say or they're scum."

How can we kill anyone if the same people just keep holding the potatoes?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #539 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:56 am

Post by kuribo »

the silent speaker wrote:
Eats sweet potato and then vomits sweet potato all over kuribo

Post 487 kuribo claimed scum. He stated outright that he would not be listening to the suspicions of other players as a factor in determining who he finds suscpicious himself.
There is absolutely no way you honestly think that was the point of that post. I can't see how you could misconstrue what I said. So, why are you twisting my words like that?

Also, I don't want this:

Toss Sweet Potato up in the air and dropkick it back to TSS.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #546 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:17 am

Post by kuribo »

I've never liked the bully pulpit, especially "You kill who we say you kill, even if it's yourself--- otherwise you must be scum!"

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #549 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:20 am

Post by kuribo »

The problem is that some people are trying to play regular mafia, and some of us are adapting our play to the specific setup.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #558 (isolation #41) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:46 am

Post by kuribo »

And if townsmembers want to keep chucking potatoes at certain people, that's their choice, but we shouldn't have to feel obligated to hold on to them--- especially if we know we're town and think other people are acting scummy.

What you're suggesting:
* Person A throws potato- "Scum!"

* Person B "by god, you're right"

* Person B holds potato forever and dies.

Far more likely:

* Person A throws potato- "Scum!"

* Person B throws potato elsewhere- "Think again!"

* Someone may or may not die.

It'd be different if it was like in Dynamite Mafia, where sacrificing yourself could net you a scum, but pro-town players have no incentive to hold on to a potato and blow themselves up.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #563 (isolation #42) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by kuribo »

Let's try something new.

Gets equipped with Sweet Potato. Fires sweet Potato at Armlx

I don't like being tag-teamed.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #565 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:35 pm

Post by kuribo »

Attach legs to Sweet Potato and order it to crawl into TSS' waiting arms

TSS, you're in the potato rotation because you and armlx have taken the position that just because I disagree with some half-ass plan, that makes me scum, and I don't like when players try to bully the town.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #568 (isolation #44) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:16 am

Post by kuribo »

Riceballtail wrote:Technically, this game could be played with only players passing potatoes. The extra discussion could be helpful, or hindering, depending on which way you see the game being played.

Interesting, isn't it?
I've already said that the potato passing gives us more information than fakevoting, so be careful. You don't want people to brand you scum just for not following the hivemind!

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #577 (isolation #45) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:23 am

Post by kuribo »

armlx wrote: I see less votes on me then either TSS or Kuribo.
Because the people who agree with me are probably the "fakevoting is pointless" crowd.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #578 (isolation #46) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:24 am

Post by kuribo »

As an aside, I hope by now, Armlx, I've actively demonstrated to you that no matter how many votes you pile on a person, you cannot force them to die.

Keep chucking me the potato if you must, I'm just gonna throw it somewhere else. That's Hot Potato for ya. Sooner or later, somebody's gonna blow up!

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #583 (isolation #47) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:26 am

Post by kuribo »

armlx wrote:
Thanks for claiming scum.
:rolleyes: We both know you're not stupid, so stop trying to twist everything I say.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #587 (isolation #48) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:41 am

Post by kuribo »

Korts wrote:standard lynch procedure doesn't apply here, arlmx. Don't pretend it does, only scum would desire to do so.
Even worse, the entire "case" he and TSS have built against me is that I've been vocally opposing the pointless.

As I've said, fakevoting helps the scum more than it hinders them.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #595 (isolation #49) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:18 am

Post by kuribo »

Oh for Chrissake, TSS did not make a case.

He made a vague statement accusing me of being scum and when asked for evidence, his evidence was that I disagreed with Armlx.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #596 (isolation #50) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:20 am

Post by kuribo »

armlx wrote:
:rolleyes: We both know you're not stupid, so stop trying to twist everything I say.
You have shown that you have no desire to conform to the standard lynch procedure that is pro-town. Only scum would desire to do so.
Also, YOU HAVE NOT PROVEN that this procedure is pro-town, or even will help at all. You've even conceded to BM a number of points, yourself. I'm not going to conform to a plan in which I see no benefit, and coming from someone that I see as scummy.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #597 (isolation #51) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:22 am

Post by kuribo »

Rally Vincent wrote:
Korts wrote:In my irrelevant opinion, criticism can be just as valuable input as any other comment.
It can - but it wasn't. First, he just said things that were totally obvious, and second, if we followed him, we'd just had hold the potatoes and done nothing. It's not like he came up with a better plan up to that point - or any plan.
Please pay attention to the game. My thought was that analyzing WHO THROWS POTATOES AND WHERE will get us MUCH further than pretending that this is a normal game of mafia and insisting that the lead vote getters hold on to potatoes or meekly allow their own lynch.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #603 (isolation #52) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by kuribo »

somestrangeflea wrote:Voting patterns are only useful in a standard Mafia game because votes are a mechanic of the game which make a person more likely to die.

In this game, that factor has been removed, leaving voting patterns completely and utterly pointless to analyse because scum are completely free to vote for each other if they want because there is no risk of them dieing as a result.

THANK YOU.

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO SAY!

Votes are pointless because they do not lead to a direct action.

Watch:

vote: armlx

See? He is no closer to a lynch than he was before.

Unvote

And now he is no further from a lynch than he was before, because it all depends on where TSS tosses the potato. (Though we all know it's coming right back to me)

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #616 (isolation #53) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by kuribo »

Rally Vincent wrote:
kuribo wrote:
Rally Vincent wrote:
Korts wrote:In my irrelevant opinion, criticism can be just as valuable input as any other comment.
It can - but it wasn't. First, he just said things that were totally obvious, and second, if we followed him, we'd just had hold the potatoes and done nothing. It's not like he came up with a better plan
up to that point
- or any plan.
Please pay attention to the game. My thought was that analyzing WHO THROWS POTATOES AND WHERE will get us MUCH further than pretending that this is a normal game of mafia and insisting that the lead vote getters hold on to potatoes or meekly allow their own lynch.
Please stick to your own advice. For your convenience, I bolded the part which I refer to. You had constructive input
after
TSS accused you.
Before
that point, you were just against anything. That is why I think you are scum - not because you oppose fakevoting.
Well, in that case, TSS never stated a case against me until long after asked to as a result of his "let's lynch kuribo" post. To me, the whole thing reeks of "lol scum" and then twisting things around to give the impression of a case.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #617 (isolation #54) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by kuribo »

Riceballtail wrote: If everyone had my attitude, we'd probably be enjoying this game more.
Agreed, I'm quickly becoming disillusioned with Mafia in general because I get tired and frustrated when this is the third or fourth game I've played that has devolved into page after page of Mafia theory arguing, culminating with, "YOU DISAGREE WITH ME ABOUT MAFIA THEORY AND THEREFORE YOU ARE SCUM."

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #619 (isolation #55) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by kuribo »

Load Sweet potato onto the end of a wand and cast Avada Kedavra, hurtling it toward Armlx

MY non-contribution? Okay, "let's get a move on lynching kuribo." How much contribution did you put forward before that?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #622 (isolation #56) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by kuribo »

Riceballtail wrote:
kuribo wrote:...This is the third or fourth game I've played that has devolved into page after page of Mafia theory arguing, culminating with, "YOU DISAGREE WITH ME ABOUT MAFIA THEORY AND THEREFORE YOU ARE SCUM."
This is the cancer that is killing this site.

KNOCK IT OFF

Wait, are you saying that we SHOULD argue endless mafia theory?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #624 (isolation #57) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by kuribo »

Riceballtail wrote:No. I'm saying the people who ARE should STOP.
AH, then I agree.

Not only is it annoying, frustrating, and usually cause one side to come across as "I'm smarter and know more about mafia and that makes you scum," but it also distracts from actual scumhunting.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #630 (isolation #58) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by kuribo »

armlx wrote:
You only say this so people will stop proving your logic wrong and scummy.
Yes, the argument against me is so well thought out and infallible that I'd rather just stifle it.

Get over yourself, Armlx.

Fire Sweet Potato out of own butt at TSS

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #631 (isolation #59) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by kuribo »

armlx wrote: Didn't someone else say this first, and you not even agree till after TSS called you out?
And, again, didn't TSS only post reasoning for my being scummy after being asked why?

And, further, who cares if someone else said it first? If they're right, they're right, and if they thought of it first, it doesn't make me scum, it just makes them right.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #632 (isolation #60) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by kuribo »

And, Armlx, for a guy who's been saying that people should be willing to die for the town, you sure don't want to keep that potato very long, do you?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #634 (isolation #61) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by kuribo »

armlx wrote:Except you are A) trying to say you did it before hand and B) are taking credit for it.
Where?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #636 (isolation #62) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by kuribo »

So, just because I am not alone in my thought means I cannot think that way? Also, that quote does not include me saying that it was absolutely my thought and my thought alone. Perhaps I'm allowed to come to the same conclusions as other people? Just because those people are not you does not make me scum. But since that wouldn't fit your case against me, I guess we're to ignore that, and take my words however you try to frame them.

How come no hate for TSS, who made no less than two unsourced "lol kuribo scum" posts and never produced any reasoning until FAR later when questioned several times?

You said you're not suffering from tunnel vision, armlx, but I challenge that notion: Not only do you have tunnel vision, but said vision is fairly poor at that.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #638 (isolation #63) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:56 am

Post by kuribo »

Just once? You're either intentionally ignoring or just plain forgetting the post where he also named me alongside of two others as my "scum partners," and never posted any sort of reason until asked to--- and even then only posting a "case" against me.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #639 (isolation #64) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:58 am

Post by kuribo »

armlx wrote: I'm merely stating you latching onto a cause after the fact doesn't help that you didn't have one for the first 18ish pages while attacking the only attempts at making the game ordered.
You keep making out your voting business as if it's some incredible strategy that breaks the game for the town, and therefore anyone disagreeing must be scum.

The point I've been trying to make is that IT DOESN'T MAKE THINGS MORE ORDERED.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #642 (isolation #65) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:48 am

Post by kuribo »

That's just it, it wouldn't have the same effect.

Regular game: Everyone votes, person with most votes gets lynched.
Hot Potato: Everyone votes, person with most votes lives and continues to hurl deadly potatoes at people.

DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #646 (isolation #66) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:07 am

Post by kuribo »

q21 wrote:Generally I agree with your stance on the game kuribo, and have said so a number of times. Oddly enough no one has found me scummy for it...
That's because (and you'll notice as we're in a number of games together) that I'm often loud, boorish and outspoken, and it's the squeaky wheels that get the grease. :D

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #647 (isolation #67) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:09 am

Post by kuribo »

TDC wrote:
kuribo wrote:That's just it, it wouldn't have the same effect.

Regular game: Everyone votes, person with most votes gets lynched.
Hot Potato: Everyone votes, person with most votes lives and continues to hurl deadly potatoes at people.

DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE?
*sigh*
I specifically said
if everyone agreed that the vote leaders should receive the potatoes

This means that if you have the potato and are the guy with the most votes all you could do was, throw to the guy with second most votes.
If you throw to someone else the premise
"if everyone agreed"
doesn't hold.
*sigh*

Okay, and what do you do to punish the guy who goes against the town's votes and doesn't throw to the guy with the second most votes?

NOTHING.

KNOW WHY?

BECAUSE YOU CAN'T.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #649 (isolation #68) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:17 am

Post by kuribo »

TDC wrote:You are missing my point.
Can we punish him today? No, but we might be able to do so in the future (say, when we receive a potato we already had and it still works the same way, or through power roles).
Counting on game mechanics that we don't know for certain? Man, that'll really help us nail the scum.

THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR VALUABLE INPUT TDC. NOW WE CAN WIN THE GAME.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #653 (isolation #69) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:29 am

Post by kuribo »

the silent speaker wrote:
Turns kuribo into a giant sweet potato

The difference between my unsourced post and your unsourced post was that mine
gave an opinion
. Yours gave nothing but prophecies of doom.
An unsourced opinion is not a valid opinion, it's simply guesswork.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #659 (isolation #70) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by kuribo »

I know it's just gonna get thrown back at me since Armlx isn't interested in suspecting anyone but me, nonetheless,

Hurl Sweet Potato at Armlx's crotch

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #667 (isolation #71) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by kuribo »

the silent speaker wrote:Well, Kuribo already has his potato, so i say it's
Luigi
time.
I say I should pick up where I left off yesterday.

Use a Trebuchet to toss the Instant Potato at TSS

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #673 (isolation #72) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by kuribo »

Can't see TSS nuking off his own Godfather, that'd just be stupid. Let's get some discussion outta this guy, though.

Slam dunk Yellow Potato on Wizardguy's head.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #675 (isolation #73) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by kuribo »

yeah him

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #680 (isolation #74) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:13 am

Post by kuribo »

Crazy wrote:
Rally Vincent wrote:
Crazy wrote:Well, that makes me feel pretty good about kuribo. (Yeah, yeah, WIFOM, whatever)
Why's that?
TSS was the first one to openly build a case against kuribo. That seriously implies that they weren't scum together.
I'm pretty certain that the only way you could reach the conclusion of TSS and I being scum together is if you live IN THE BIZARRO WORLD.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #683 (isolation #75) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:35 am

Post by kuribo »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:
Korts wrote:Or if you play on a site where bussing happens often.
QFT.

I dont like the implications Kurbio made saying he couldn't possibly be TSS's partner.

WIFOM! :P
I didn't say "couldn't possibly,"

As I've stated in many other games on this site, I don't like the mentality that "just because it DOES happen, one should assume it is ALWAYS THE CASE." Nor do I like the meta that "The opposite of how things appear to be are always the way it is."

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #685 (isolation #76) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:42 am

Post by kuribo »

Everytime someone calls out "WIFOM" out of context, baby Jesus dies.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #687 (isolation #77) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:52 am

Post by kuribo »

Because to assume that TSS is my scum partner, you'd then have to assume that both of us are mafia. You'd then have to assume that we spent the better part of Day 1
trying to kill one another
just to lessen suspicion of a link between us. Further, you'd then ALSO have to assume that TSS would be perfectly willing to murder his own Godfather by throwing the Instant Potato at him. Sure, you could claim WIFOM from there--- but if he was going to bus ANY partners, one would assume it wouldn't be the
freaking godfather
of all people.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #690 (isolation #78) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:01 am

Post by kuribo »

Yes, but we had already speculated that use of the word "Instant" meant that someone was going boom. I damn sure meant to kill TSS when I threw it at him, and while for now it seems lucky that I didn't, it doesn't change the fact that that was my intent. (And likely TSS' intent in throwing to LG)

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #701 (isolation #79) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:43 am

Post by kuribo »

Because they're not the same thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yam_(vegetable)
The sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) has traditionally been referred to as a "yam" in parts of the southern United States and Canada even though it is not part of the Dioscoreaceae family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_potato
The sweet potato is only distantly related to the potato (Solanum tuberosum). It is commonly called a yam in parts of North America, although they are only very distantly related to the other plant widely known as yams) (in the Dioscoreaceae family), which is native to Africa and Asia.

Also, pointing out that we clearly have duplicate potatoes in the game--- if the mods wanted another Sweet Potato, they'd... you know... CALL IT A SWEET POTATO.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #706 (isolation #80) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by kuribo »

Dropkick Yellow Potato to Wizardcat

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #719 (isolation #81) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by kuribo »

Rally Vincent wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:...

Where'd the Yam go!?
Baked Russet Potato went off after one (!) throw. It must have been the Yam that triggered it, considering that even the Insatnt Potato took two throws to explode.
Maybe if you're holding more than one, they both blow up?

And why did you guys keep throwing stuff to TSS? I mean, the case for him being town was pretty clear.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #723 (isolation #82) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:14 pm

Post by kuribo »

Especially after there was a fair amount of discussion about his killing LG.

CC09, did you actually read anything or just start tossing potatoes?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #726 (isolation #83) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:03 am

Post by kuribo »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:Ok guys, I'll repent for my sins. Real Vote (as in bold) and when a lynch has been reached hopefully I can make up for my actions.
Again, voting does no good: And we can't expect Wizardcat (unless he's lurking, which was my reasoning for throwing him the potato--- I want content, dagnabbit) to hold the potato and risk his life until a lynching majority is reached.

The most useful course of action is analyzing the throws and the other interactions as such.

So you've admitted to bad play, and now attempt to redeem yourself? You were instrumental in the killing off of a player who--- while I initially thought suspect--- at least killed off scum. And, while TSS' confirmation wasn't 100%, it was definately a good starting place.

So, right now, I have two thoughts:

1) Wizardcat needs to stop lurking.

2) CC09's only reason for killing off the Godfather's killer was "Oops, I didn't notice, but I'll do better guys, I promise." Or am I mistaken?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #727 (isolation #84) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:06 am

Post by kuribo »

Korts wrote:Is that a softclaim of something?

vote: Coheed
You know, I didn't read that as such, but you bring up a good point.

@Coheed
: Are you some sort of Bomb? IE, if someone throws you a potato, do they die too?

I don't like rolefishing, but if this is the case, the town needs to know: your actions could result in another dead townie.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #729 (isolation #85) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:31 am

Post by kuribo »

Korts wrote:kuribo, I may have taken this the wrong way, but the way I read CC09's last post, he may be softclaiming a role ability that bolded votes on him count, and something, at least, will happen when he is "lynched".

Hmmm... but is it safe to assume that what happens is pro-town?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #731 (isolation #86) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:42 am

Post by kuribo »

Korts wrote:You mean like a supersaint-type role?
I don't know, but suppose his role is something like, the person casting his lynching vote is blown up?

We haven't seen alot in the way of pro-town play from him so far, so the question is: Do we do what he asks, or do we deal with him in another way?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #732 (isolation #87) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:44 am

Post by kuribo »

Ah, I see from the wiki that super saint is exactly that.

But suppose he's a scum version of that sort of role? (The name for that escapes me at the moment)

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #735 (isolation #88) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by kuribo »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:I am the man in tin foil (suicidal miller)

I kill 1 person and my self. The hook is I need to be holding a potato to do it.
Yeah, "miller," okay pal.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #736 (isolation #89) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by kuribo »

That's an interesting falseclaim if you're scum:

You're clearly betting that if we have a cop and he investigates you, you're already prepared for his guilty reading--- and you also want town to be afraid to toss the potato at you.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #752 (isolation #90) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:16 am

Post by kuribo »

I'd be down for that, but I'm biased since she referenced WIFOM out of context like 3 times in one page and it seems like a scummy thing to do.

Also, I don't like when people assume that every argument ever is the result of bussing.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #764 (isolation #91) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:53 am

Post by kuribo »

Wait, I thought you had to be holding the potato when you did the Kill:?

Did you just throw her the potato and THEN kill?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #765 (isolation #92) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:54 am

Post by kuribo »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:I kill 1 person and my self. The hook is I need to be holding a potato to do it.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #792 (isolation #93) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:16 am

Post by kuribo »

RBT, why now with two attempts to kill Q21?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #850 (isolation #94) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by kuribo »

Levitate Baked Yellow Potato Back to Rally Vincent

Tossing me a potato while I'm out of town? Bad show.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #854 (isolation #95) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:43 am

Post by kuribo »

Pays his bills, and while he's at the post office, MAILS BAKED YELLOW POTATO BACK TO RALLY VINCENT.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #859 (isolation #96) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:27 am

Post by kuribo »

M4yhem wrote:6 throws of the yellow now.

Is there any chance of getting some reasoning with those votes?
I already explained my reasoning for going after Rally:

For starters, I don't like his opportunism in going after me when my sig stated I was away.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #861 (isolation #97) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:56 am

Post by kuribo »

Maybe they're testing his roleclaim?
Riceballtail wrote:
M4yhem wrote:Yes, when it's baked, unless you can defend yourself/give me a compelling case against someone else.
If you really just want me to claim, fine.

I'm a
freeze-packer.
When a potato comes into my hands, it will not explode, as I cool it off, negating the difference that it made by passing it to me. I am basically an
unlynchable townie.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #866 (isolation #98) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by kuribo »

Rally Vincent wrote:
kuribo wrote:
M4yhem wrote:6 throws of the yellow now.

Is there any chance of getting some reasoning with those votes?
I already explained my reasoning for going after Rally:

For starters, I don't like his opportunism in going after me when my sig stated I was away.
I don't read sigs, and I went after you because you're scum. If you remember, I said that on Day one. "Adjusting" facts to your liking (read: making others believe your "away time" being the reason for the throw) is adding to your scummyness.
Throw baked yellow potato to kuribo.

Throw blue potato to RBT.
If you don't want it, put it in the trash.
You say I'm scum, I say I'm not.

He says po-tay-to, I say po-tah-to, let's call the whole thing throwing baked yellow potato back to Rally Vincent.

I don't buy that you didn't see my sig.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #870 (isolation #99) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:37 am

Post by kuribo »

Produce a marriage certificate, allowing Rally Vincent to marry Baked Yellow Potato in a small ceremony, then reuniting him with his bride to be.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #873 (isolation #100) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:05 am

Post by kuribo »

Rally Vincent wrote:This is getting ridiculous...

After receiving a call from the emergency room, donating the baked yellow potato to kuribo for his vital potato transplant.

Tipping RBT with the blue potato on account of poor service.
I never did like blanket statements. You've yet to give a reason that you think I'm scum, simply stating "you're scum."

Wrap Baked Yellow Potato in a blanket and stick it in the back of Rally Vincent's pants

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #877 (isolation #101) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:55 am

Post by kuribo »

That's assuming I actually believe that's the trigger for the potato. Let's find out.

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a Baked Yellow Potato? I don't know, but I ask Mr. Rally Vincent. (By tossing it to him)

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #880 (isolation #102) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:39 am

Post by kuribo »

I'm
not piling anything on him: He thinks I should die, I disagree.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1011 (isolation #103) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:31 am

Post by kuribo »

Yay! My first win as scum!

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1014 (isolation #104) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:02 am

Post by kuribo »

Korts wrote:Congrats, scum. The lack of scumhunting was the main reason for your victory; we (i.e. I) just didn't really know how to find scum lacking a vote record.
That was why I quickly moved to try and discredit the fakevoting plan.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1038 (isolation #105) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:03 am

Post by kuribo »

I tried to get the mafia to take out TSS after I blew up armlx, but we didn't. :(

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”