Designer Mafia 2007 - Game Over, Final Scene Posted!

Did you enjoy the final scene?

Yes, I love it!
67%
No, this is boring...
22%
Comical stupidity option
11%

Total votes: 9

SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1736 (isolation #0) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Catching up, still a little more analysis to do. Big awesome thoughtful post coming.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1777 (isolation #1) » Thu May 15, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Hey guys, I'm still working through the past few dozen pages, but I had an idea concerning nocmen's supposed restriction.

If it works as he says it does (the posts of his name accumulate), then why not spam his name in a post several hundred times or so? It would seem this could easily take care of said restriction. What do you guys think?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2007 (isolation #2) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:43 am

Post by SSF352 »

Alright, first off, apologies for the long time on posting, but between reading and real life it has taken awhile to get this post ready. So, here's my thoughts on the current situation

Simenon's/Thyroid's Role Fiasco- Like mnene, LAL is something I've almost always followed. However, you are an exception because I think you are telling the truth about your abilites. My only issue at this point is I could easily see your role as a SK rather than town. It just makes too much sense as an SK (Kingmaker gives you an extra kill, block both mafia and town actions once, and both at the same time once seems reasonable in a game full of power roles)

Shanba's Ability- Your ability is odd, if nothing else. Not sure how this could be directly useful under any alignment. However, its proven, and seems to be harmless for the time being. You also didnt use your action the night Simenon says he blocked all mafia actions, but I think your role, if mafia, would just be useful for confusion if nothing else.

Jediknight's Shirts- The shirt ability could be anything, since we dont know what they do yet. However, it seems if Simenon was telling the truth about blocking all mafia abilities, he could have blocked your shirt ability, and thus why he didnt get a shirt. Then again, he could be lying to suggest you're scum. All I can really think for sure is Jediknight and Simenon are opposite alignment. Just not sure which is scum.

Random thought: I've seen mafia games with abilities that had no relevant effect on the game (i.e. Vampire Hunter in a game with no Vampires), perhaps the shirts have this effect?

The Fonz Votes- Mutiple votes are always cool. I'm not sure your alignment, but the ability itself leans me to you being protown. No QFT's for the moment, but could easily have them coming.

The silent speaker's claim- I like you putting out your categories in The List. Not that I necessarily agree with all of it, but its def. good posting. However, trying to direct The Fonz's extra votes, even if well intended, sends up warning flags. But, I sure as hell don't want to vote off a possible resurrector, especially when the other one can't be confirmed yet.

A few questions for a scummer who hasnt played in forever or very often:

What is EBWOP?
What is Stoofer's 5th Law?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2072 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:21 am

Post by SSF352 »

Vote: Shanba

Do we have any idea who Jedi should give a shirt to?

Also, do we want to QFT-up the Fonz for multivotes again?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2080 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:34 am

Post by SSF352 »

The Fonz wrote:
Kison wrote: That being said, something is either broken or scum-driven, here. Never really payed attention to the fact that every last "dead" player who was Town is now alive(Twomz, Shanba, Nocmen). This makes me worry about TSS.
It is noteworthy that every resurrector i've ever seen was one-shot. A power to resurrect any dead town as confirmed town, and do it multiple times, seems incredibly broken.
QFT

However, I think the role could be balanced many different ways.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2147 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:49 am

Post by SSF352 »

Twomz, do you think your investigations would turn up cult members as well as mafia? Or would it just be mafia members that trigger it?

I'm not competely against the idea of lynching a shirt reciever, but I'd rather not. Right now we've seen no ill effects from them.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2154 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:49 am

Post by SSF352 »

ZONEACE wrote:
SSF352 wrote:Twomz, do you think your investigations would turn up cult members as well as mafia? Or would it just be mafia members that trigger it?

I'm not competely against the idea of lynching a shirt reciever, but I'd rather not. Right now we've seen no ill effects from them.

considering he's a possible cult member i'll pass on trusting whether or not he does recieve cult results.
I'm not saying I'm taking his results as golden either way, I just want to know if he has anything in his flavor that explains it either way. I'm not sure how likely it is for a cop to get cult as a result rather than innocent/scum.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2224 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by SSF352 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:ok, well I am about ready to join the stark wagon....
I am ready.....
Vote: Stark

Also, with the cult issue, I have to wonder how likely it is that if we lynch a cult recuiter, he/she can pass on the recuiting ability to another cult member, much like how a mafia that loses its godfather can still kill. That would be the main factor as to my level of concern with a cult.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2226 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by SSF352 »

armlx wrote:
he/she can pass on the recuiting ability to another cult member
No, as cults would never die if this was true. At worst, the remaining culties get a kill, and thats fairly rare.
In that case, I would agree the cult can wait.

Also, happy birthday Armlx!
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2232 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:20 am

Post by SSF352 »

armlx wrote:
In that case, I would agree the cult can wait.
I'm confused by the logic here, but you agreeing is a start.
If a cult can no longer recruit, then it cant gain power. And, as we would know the members of said zombie cult, and its leaders, it wouldnt take long to deal with them. So, I was saying if eliminating the cult leader takes the power away from the cult, we dont necessarily need to deal with the cult issue today. Of course, this is all assuming there even is a cult at all.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2268 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:22 am

Post by SSF352 »

The Fonz wrote:Also, just fyi, no-one has QFTed me yet...
QFT
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2310 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by SSF352 »

stark wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:stark..I would like you to claim...if I vote you, it will put you at -2 (if your vote count is right).
I would be happy to claim, CKD.

However, I would like armlx's approval before doing so, because, even though he doesn't know it, our roles are intertwined.

I also know for a fact that armlx is pro-town.

I would also not like to claim right now as my role is a little bit complicated, and I am under the effect of many different drugs.

In short, however, to explain without so many details,

I am armlx's more powerful, reverse backup.
Reverse? Can you elaborate on this? I've not sure what a reverse backup role means.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2350 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:00 am

Post by SSF352 »

armlx wrote:
I am still not certian..the tee shirt thing is bugging me...now if someone who doesnt have a tee shirt comes back, then I will be sold.
But what explains sim's cop investigation?
Also, he would have to have given the shirts before they died. I have little doubt that Jediknight isn't our resurrector. Still not certain on what the shirts do though.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2383 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by SSF352 »

The Fonz wrote:
the silent speaker wrote:Oh, I believe you have the double vote, Fonz. I just think you have it as scum.
Oh, I get that you do. It's also obvious that you only started suspecting me because I rejected your offer,
which WAS really scummy.
QFT

Also, Jedi, I'd be willing to take a shirt.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2400 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:45 am

Post by SSF352 »

armlx wrote:Thats good enough. More nonny claims.
I heartily approve of this product and/or service.

Unvote, Vote Nonny
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2405 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by SSF352 »

armlx wrote:Yeah, what was the point of a vote there?
I was under the impression we wanted Nonny to claim without a reread. However, after this much time, its probably not happening, so
Unvote Nonny

Armlx, was that the intention of your vote?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2420 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by SSF352 »

armlx wrote:SSF, we do. We hace already reached this conclusion and are asking her to. Your vote was unnecessary and just more likely to push her to a premature lynch.

The intention of my vote was to force a claim out of someone I thought was scum who only had 1 vote at that time. Since my vote, we got 3 more votes worth of people (4 including you), effectively L-3.
I didn't realize we were that close to lynch. My mistake.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2423 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by SSF352 »

nonny wrote:Well, that is too bad silent speaker, because that is all there is. Is this the only strategy the town has? Pick on the new person? Or was my predacessor underheat already?
You didnt even give a rolename. So, there must be something more.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2464 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by SSF352 »

nonny wrote:
the silent speaker wrote:
Vote: nonny
Not good enough. Not good enough by half.

Lynch minus two.
I find that a bit suspicious. It may be bad counting. But why would you say I was ant l-2 if i was way off?
I believe he was going off of Armlx's L-3 statement. Either way, I really don't like this claim.
Vote: Nonny
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2487 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:55 am

Post by SSF352 »

The Fonz wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:
unvote

jediknight
Sir Tornado
Belgarion
curiouskarmadog
Simenon
The Fonz
Twomz
Nocmen
TSS

The above listed players (apart from you) have already claimed, so if it is one of us, then you might want to claim that. I don't remember whether mneme has claimed or not.
I haven't fullclaimed. Oman claimed part of the role.
nonny wrote:So L-1, and I have nothing to defend. Except to point out that I have been very willing to help and cooperated. So when/if you do the deed you will all be greatly disappointed for not giving me a chance.
Except, you know, all the things that your predecessor did and didn't do, and the scumminess of your claim.
nonny wrote:You say I must be scum because I claim the most used scum claim. I know it the most used scum claim so why would i claim it if i were scum. That is WIFOM, that is classic WIFOM.
I've got to admit, I admire the audacity of making a wifom defence and then claiming that you shouldn't be lynched because it's wifom.
Sir Tornado wrote:OH, THE HORROR!

If ZONEACE is next in your list then why are you opposed to him claiming today Armlx?

I would request people not to hammer until we have all the claims.
I didn't believe we were massclaiming? And I'm capable of hammering on my own i think, so be clear what you're expecting to see, and quick.
qft

I don't plan on claiming today, I see no benefit to claiming today versus claiming tomorrow.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2514 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by SSF352 »

ZONEACE wrote:I'm not suggesting actually lynching you jedi, if you hadn't noticed, I haven't made ANY attempt to get you lynched. Honestly, what would be the point of be faking a lyncher role? Lynchers generally are looked at positiely by the town. seriously if I was gonna fake claim I'd pull out Witness for the Government, and claim immunity to mafia kills or the
one that was killed N0, Doc Brown
, and claim i could go back in time and track the events of previous nights (which with my role wouldn't be too terrible of a way to get my target lynched).

Frankly I am an asset to the town. I'm a non threat. and Once my target and the towns match I can get out of the towns way and leave them with one less not strictly pro-town possibility later in the game when confusion could hinder the town. Seriously, we have at least 3 people right now that are better targets than me for the town to go after. I fail to see how I am such an immediate and necessary threat
For the part in bold: uh, what? When have we seen a Doc Brown killed N0? I assume N0 means Night 0, but I dont see that among the NPCs killed.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2516 (isolation #21) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by SSF352 »

ZONEACE wrote:Norinel is listed as Time Traveler. I assumed that was the role I submited.
Ok, I see what you meant there. Never mind.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2638 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Big shame we not only lost the no-kills-during-night, but now we lost two. Damnit.

Regarding me, I still would rather not claim. If pressured I may, but for now I still think it'd be best for the town for me not to.

Of course, we eventually have to get rid of Zoneace. Either a lynch today or vig tonight should work. Zoneace, sadly we cant trust you all that much. The moment betraying the town gives you a win, you'd be a fool not to. You're a liability. Plus, if you are telling the truth we get an extra day.

While Nocmen's move was bad, I see the logic he had behind it. I dont think it was worth a vig, but I don't think it was anti-town. I'm still concerned about a cult, but I dont think his vig choice makes it any more likely than before.
Now, on a unmentioned note, I am curious what TSS may have done last night. We didnt see a resurrection today, and I'd like to know why. This concerns me more than Nocmen's vig concerning the likelihood of a cult.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2746 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by SSF352 »

At this point, I think claiming should be helpful. My role directly relates to nightchoices, and since we have so many claimed, we should be able to start confirming people's claims.

I'm Dr. Brown, from Back to the Future. My role is pretty much as Zoneace previously described, I can travel back to a past night and watch someone to see both who they target, and who targets them. However, I have one catch. If I target someone I was targeted by that night, I die. Also, if for some reason I target someone I previously targeted on that night, I die. So, for the record, if I turn up die during a night, I may not have been NKed.

My results, night by night:

Night 1: no past night, so no choice
Night 2: Shanba on Night 1
Shanba targeted TSS and Simenon targeted Shanba
Night 3: Stark on Night 1
Stark targeted no one and no one targeted him
Night 4: Twomz on Night 1
Twomz targeted Simenon and JDodge and Jediknight targeted Twomz
Night 5: TSS on Night 4
TSS targeted Shanba, and PBug and armlx targeted TSS

Therefore, it seems that armlx is lying. Since armlx and stark seem to be linked, the question is do we lynch armlx, and risk activiating stark's ability, or do we lynch stark, and save armlx for later? I do think we need to lynch one of them above ZONEACE.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2777 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:50 am

Post by SSF352 »

Twomz wrote:
armlx wrote:Kscope did the thing with Jdodge D3
Hmm? What thing?

I understand the kison/sim thing. The list is from my perspective (belg's better half died, so he's clear, and Nocmen and I died and were rezzed, and I know we're still protown, so he's as clear as me (dunno why I put TSS higher /shrug)). I know Sir T is clear from an investigation. I believe you and stark are clear unless something happens that makes me suspect that one or both of you is lying (unlikely but possible). Simenon's claim could technically be a gambit because a kill got blocked or some crap like that and he decided to take advantage of it. Which means unless it's proven better that Sim. is town Kison isn't 100% confirmed (although is Sim. turns up town, then Kison is 100% confirmed imo, barring GF nonsense). Fonz and Mneme both have roles I have a hard time believing are scum roles. SSF restated info that was in thread and Zoneace claimed a lyncher role is imo stalling for time. Both these last two points make m think they're scum, and some sets of people in the list I believe could be lying (sim/kison being the next most likely group followed by armlx/stark and then the whole "cult" thing w/ the rezzed dudes, w/e).

And Zoneace, you are aware that it is possible that you and him are buddies and that y'all setup his fakeclaim last night and he is just filling in gaps as best he can.

Lying does exist in mafia... don't just blindly trust what people say >.<
For the record, my claim points out that armlx is lying about his nightchoices. This should be new information.

Also, after further thought, I think we have to lynch stark before armlx. We dont want power roles being nullified.
Vote: Stark
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2891 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:39 am

Post by SSF352 »

armlx wrote:
Why protect Mneme if he's 'invincible'?
I need a 3rd target that isn't performing a night action.
Armlx, I don't think Mneme is mafia. I just think there is a chance he is neutral (he mentioned a special win condition)
K, so lets just kill the mafia first then deal with this. I don't think we care too much about someone who is at worst neutral.
Why is TSS resurrecting Jedi? Shouldn't he resurrect CKD so that we can get confirmation on the cult thing?
He should be. I forgot about the cult thing for a minute.
In reference to the third point, how would reviving CKD give us confirmation on the cult issue? Would we really want to give a possible cult two votes (one offical and one controlled by the same person)?

Also, with Zoneace confirmed as telling the truth about his rolename, I'm hoping you guys can do me a small favor concerning nightchoices. If you want to target me, by all means feel free (except you armlx, I dont need a roleblocking), but please let me know afterward. I dont want to die because I track someone who targeted me that night.

Finally, armlx, I dont trust you, so there is no way I'm tracking you at your request. Who knows if and when you targeted me.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2896 (isolation #26) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Twomz wrote:
the silent speaker wrote:
I think Twomz should protect SSF tonight to insure the only way he could die is if I was lying.
This.
I'm rather sure that if I did protect him he wouldn't die, regardless.
Based on my flavor, I am almost completely sure I would.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2899 (isolation #27) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:14 am

Post by SSF352 »

Twomz wrote:Unless your flavor is in all caps, I'm almost certain mine trumps yours.

If CKD's win condition changed, wouldn't Belg's win condition change?
I still don't think you could save me from time deaths, but its not important anyway.

I also am concerned about the CKD/Belg rezzing issue. Why are we bringing CKD back now instead of Jedi? Jedi has shirts, which seem to be useful when able to be used, whereas CKD as a cult member most certainly would be able to use Belg as a shield.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2947 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by SSF352 »

armlx wrote:Will vote for mneme once everyone else decides its time to go to night and has stated they will follow the plan.
Still considering the whole plan business, but am holding off a vote on mneme until Fonz gets a chance to post his thoughts.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2967 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:43 am

Post by SSF352 »

Simenon wrote:Follow the plan. Follow the plan.

Follow the plan.
If this costs me my life, I want to see both a armlx lynch and a Simenon lynch. Not because of this comment, but because of my previous reasoning. I just want this out there if I don't survive the night.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2969 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:55 am

Post by SSF352 »

Simenon wrote:My ability is going to be confirmed.

And someone is going to have to argue why I should be lynched regardless of having two confirmed protown abilities
and
using a kingmaker on a town person.
Wait, are you going to use one of your abilites tonight? If so, which one?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2988 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:29 am

Post by SSF352 »

My result for Armlx came up as he claimed. Something had to have interfered with my first investigation.

For the record, did anyone target me last night? I know for sure I should look back at last night when possible, and I want to prevent any untimely dying.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2990 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:13 am

Post by SSF352 »

The Fonz wrote:I think we should action claim pretty much immediately, SSF32.
QFT.

Do you think should come up with a list?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3020 (isolation #33) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:22 am

Post by SSF352 »

Ummm, why are we voting Fonz over Kaliedoscope? Kaliedo claimed survivor, which is a neutral role, correct? I thought it was fairly standard to lynch neutrals, since they dont ally themselves with the town?

Mnene, if Fonz is town, he definately has pro-town abilites in his extra votes and immunites. Kaliedoscope no longer has an investigative ability, I would think he would be a slightly better lynch based on our current info.

Also, I'm thinking we cant take past investigations to heart all too much, since we've confirmed a cult that isnt players back from the dead.

Speaking of cult, I remember stark talking about three players losing ablities if he died. I'm thinking this could possibly explain Kaliedo's loss of ability, or why the plan went wrong. By the way, I really really think we cant afford to try to direct the towns actions again.

For know,
Vote: Kaliedoscope
, due to him becoming neutral.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3027 (isolation #34) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Before day ends, anyone wanna claim to have targeted me? Kaliedo said so, and without a reread, I think that was it.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3029 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by SSF352 »

The Fonz wrote:Can you target the dead?

I never targetted you, so you're safe to look at me if you want to find out whether ST really did attempt to kill me...
Yeah, targeting the dead is fine as long as they were alive on the night I look at. Thanks for the tip.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3033 (isolation #36) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Kison wrote:What was unwarrentd about my hammer? People were bitching baout not wanting to discuss night actions, which i actually happen to agree with. fonz, you are one of the people who hsnt been 'cleared' by some means. yes i KNOW that does not guarantee anyone with that crutch is not necessrily town, but with known cult in the game it at least gives insight into the recruiter. your main defense has been that your ability is broken as scum GF, but your 'abilitiies' are reliant upon variables that don't make them guaranteed to work. example: your multivote doesnt work unless people QFT

whatever. let's kill me, then. my role is next in line of this pile of crap roles next to CKD/Belg being masons with the same IP address.
First, just because planning night actions would be a bad idea doesnt mean its time to end the day. Also, I would like to hear how the previous investigations give insight as to whom the recuiter is. I simply dont understand how this makes sense. I am under the impression cult doesnt show up as scum, but this could be wrong. Either way, someone could have been recurited after an investigation.

Finally, I dont see how Fonz's conditions on abilities make him scummy. Not only do I not like the timing of your hammer, but the ideas behind seem poorly thought out.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3043 (isolation #37) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Kison wrote:I'd have expected the cult recruiter to read 'Cult Recruiter' rather than 'Cult'.

My guess would be SSF352, and I'm going by the list from earlier. He's the last player without any kind of vouching from what I can tell.
Actually, based on the mention of goop on Kaliedo's body, I was assuming that Goop Mind was the recuiter. Also, with a cult about, no one is fully cleared.

However, for now, I need to hear from Sir T. He did something....strange when he was supposedly vigging The Fonz. I need an explanation how exactly he did what he did. I realize this likely doesnt make sense yet, but it should once Sir T explains his actions.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3055 (isolation #38) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by SSF352 »

I may have been blocked. I got an extra kill, which I used on The Fonz, which apparantly did not go through. I knocked off Sim with my regular action, but he may have died due to Twomz.

I was actually supposed to get this kill night before last, but didn't because MoS forgot. Then, I got this as a daykill yesterday, but couldn't use it because the day ended too soon, so I got it last night. Apparantly, I *had* to use the kill, so I am not sure how it could have been blocked.
In this post, you say that you used the extra kill on The Fonz, but now you say you used the extra kill on Simenon. I point this out both because I find it interesting the order has changed, and because it appears now that these gained abilites may be useless, i.e. Simenon's investigation. Also, for the record, I thought it was strange it counted you as targeting Nocmen, I didnt realize that would show up. My result is exactly what you said.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3058 (isolation #39) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Ok, I just checked my night actions again, and my original post was incorrect. The Fonz with Nocmen copy, and Simenon with the vig.

I don't see what's strange about this though.
Like I said, I didnt think Nocmen would show up as a target choice, so I thought it was strange. Looking at it now though, it makes much more sense. However, if Simenon was the granted vig choice, it lends more credence to Simenon's investigation of Kison. (I am assuming an inventor giving out this ablilites.) I still suspect Kison, but it makes me wonder some about Twomz's result.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3062 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Mneme, for the record, has your extra win condition already been filled? If not, is there anything the town needs to do to fulfill it?

Also, I really like a vote on Kison. I think its a good chance to test Twomz's result, and I still dont like the vote that ended the day. By my count, this would put him at L-2, so I'm going to hold off for a while, however does anyone else see a good lynch other than Kison?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3064 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Kison wrote:Yes : SSF352 would not be a bad option. The cult deaths so far have simply read :

XXX, Cult, killed night whatever.

One would expect :

XXX, Cult Leader/Recruiter, killed night whatever.

to show up for the recruiter, yet SSF352 is the one trying to dismiss this idea.
Vote: SSF352

If he's not lynched today, nail him tomorrow. For seriously.
I believe I already brought this up, but I am fairly sure Goop Mind was the cult leader. Kaliedo's death scene involved goop that was mentioned quite a bit. I disagree that the cult leader would necessarily be declared as such, but then again I've never played in a game with a cult. Either way, I would expect that MoS wouldn't have the death scene involve goop if it wasnt a hint to Goop Mind being the cult leader.

But let's try this. Kison, if you could pick someone else to lynch than me, who would it be?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3072 (isolation #42) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by SSF352 »

mneme wrote:
SSF352 wrote: I believe I already brought this up, but I am fairly sure Goop Mind was the cult leader. Kaliedo's death scene involved goop that was mentioned quite a bit.
Actually, now that you mention it, one possible setup is a split cult -- Professor Goop is not cult, but anyone he "protects" becomes cult, whereas the "goop mind" is the cult leader, and knows (and can tell new cultists) about armlx being the unwitting recruiter. That would explain the goop->gm connection and the goop->possible cult connection.
I havent found the post yet, but I remember someone claiming to have created armlx's role, and that blocked one target, protected another, and then the third pick did nothing? What if the third pick was cult recruitment? If this is true, then we can look through Armlx's choices for possible recruits. What do you guys think?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3078 (isolation #43) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by SSF352 »

armlx wrote:Stark got my role right (triple doctor), so I can't see him as scum unless he knows something I don't about my role (ie. quack).

Fonz, the issue now is not that I don't think your role auto pro-town, but the additional parts of it seem very contrived and unbelievable IMHO. Still rather lynch SSF first.

Targets:

N1: Shanba, Jdodge, Twomz

N2: Shanba, Oman, Kison

N3:Twomz, TSS, and Stark

N4: Twomz, TSS, Sir T

N5: TSS, Nocmen, Stark

Twomz's death N1 is odd given this, but to be honest there is no way I would expect a 3x doc to be 100% protection anyways. Broken and what not.
Here's the target list, for those that were looking for it.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3081 (isolation #44) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:14 am

Post by SSF352 »

At this point, I think the only useful thing I can add is a
Vote:Kison

Still looking for possible connections between armlx targets and possible cult members.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3092 (isolation #45) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:04 am

Post by SSF352 »

Ok, so we have 4 left, and 2 of them are the same person. Therefore, CKD/Belgarion controls any possible lynch today. Other than that, I still have no idea what to think. Nocmen and CKD have come back from the dead, so unless their alignment has changed, they are clear. Belgarion is linked to CKD, so even if he is mafia/cult he isnt getting lynched anytime soon. I know I'm town, and was cleared by Twomz. If I thought Belg could be lynched, he'd likely be my pick. Otherwise, I really have no idea where to go with this.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3096 (isolation #46) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:52 am

Post by SSF352 »

Alright, if we have a mislynch today, we lose. We cant afford to make a mistake here. We also know that Nocmen says he killed Sir Tornado, and Tornado killed Twomz. So, I would have to think if we have a possible mafia left, its Nocmen. Then again, we could have a cult member left. It doesnt matter if its Belg/CKD, neither one is getting lynched. It could be me, but I've voted against culted players before, such as Kaliedoscope, so its unlikely. It could be Nocmen, but he also voted against the cult, so I am thinking he isnt. Also, when Kaliedo was lynched, it looked like he lost his ability, so odds are Nocmen isnt cult.

Basically, at this point, our only possible killer of any sort is Nocmen. I say if we lynch anyone, its Nocmen. I think he has to be mafia at this point, as if its CKD/Belg they can't be stopped anyway. Also, even if Nocmen were town and I were cult, the next day you can lynch me. If Nocmen is mafia, and we mislynch, he can kill anyone to reach endgame. I either suggest lynching Nocmen or not lynching anyone and having Nocmen vig me. That way, the Belg/CKD duo can lynch Nocmen when I turn up town.

As for my case as being town, Twomz investigated me and I came up town. Even if I am cult, I can't make a kill. I am offically no longer a threat to the town.

My action last night was to follow Sir T, however I am having to get confirmation from the mod, as he made no mention of whom targetted Sir Tornado. I was told he targetted both himself and Twomz, which doesnt make a whole lot of sense, unless he was copying his protection ability. But if he was, then Nocmen shouldnt have been able to kill him. This game doesnt make a whole lot of sense right now.

To sum up, I say we either lynch Nocmen, or we no lynch and have Nocmen vig me to assure a town win. This is assuming that both CKD and Belg are town, but I cant see any situation where we can still win without them being town, so I will assume them to be. Basically, the game is in CKD/Belg's hands, so I'd like to hear from him when he gets done with the reread.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3097 (isolation #47) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:17 am

Post by SSF352 »

Ok, so I forgot about the fact that I even though I had a result on Night 9, it was for Night 8. So it makes sense what Sir Tornado did. Even so, I still think the plan should be a Nocmen lynch or a no lynch and have Nocmen vig me.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3099 (isolation #48) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Nocmen wrote:So wait...you are proposing a possibility of going with No Lynch and then having me trying to take you out? I don't know if it would be right to try and off you in the night...it seems as if you could be anti-town with a trick up your sleeve.

Regardless...we must wait until Belg/CKD returns.
Even if I do, CKD/Belg can lynch me to win for the town. The only thing that can happen is if I don't die because you dont kill me, but then we can no lynch again. Basically, I want you to kill me to ensure that Belg/CKD cant die, and can lynch you when I come up town.

And, if you were town, there should be no reason not to do this, there is no way even if I have a trick up my sleeve that it could last mutliple times for balance reasons. Eventually I will die during the night, leaving three so that CKD/Belg lynch you. It ensures that neither CKD/Belg die, which keeps them in control of the lynches. Thus the lynches are controlled by the town. Even if I am cult, this plan works because I can't kill. You, however, can kill. That is why you are a threat. Personally, I'd rather lynch you now, but I realize that CKD/Belg can't be anymore certain I am town then you, so I am proposing this idea to ensure that the town wins for sure.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3103 (isolation #49) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:55 am

Post by SSF352 »

Belgarion wrote:
vote SSF

ok...so now that was the hammer...was I right?..any last words?
Hope you can prevent the kill somehow tonight, cause then you can auto win. I really am town, gg Nocmen.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3104 (isolation #50) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:07 am

Post by SSF352 »

Nocmen wrote:You forgot to mention one key point...if you are scum. In that case...well, you lynch me today, kill one of them tonight, and win in endgame.
Just for the record, Twomz investigated me and I came up clean. So I cant be scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”