Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:50 am

Post by Sugar »

Losing Buttercup the first night is very sad, but Westley did say, "Death cannot stop true love, all it can do is delay it for awhile", didn't he?

Oh, well. Given the description of her death, can we assume that Count Rugen killed her? Which one of you has six fingers on your right hand?
[color=#500000] [size=75]Man! Today is so loopy! - The Tick[/size][/color]
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:20 am

Post by Sugar »

Someone's role claim is interesting. He misspelled "Florin", a word which is prominent in the townsperson role (then again, so did JereIC), and he did not identify the role name correctly, either. "Florin townsperson" isn't the actual name of the role...

Yes, I'm just a regular townsperson, but it seems to be a good idea to withhold the "official" role name for a bit.

With all that said, I'm leaning towards believing Someone. "Florin townsperson" is partly right, so would anyone who didn't get the role be able to guess that? And Someone, if you really are town, let's not say the role name just yet.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:14 pm

Post by Sugar »

mathcam... I did sort of jump the gun (or the sword?) there, didn't I? I was just convinced (and am now, more than before) that we were wasting time with all the discussion about Someone's scumminess. Anybody else who is a regular townie would also be pretty sure. But then, it's quite possible that he and I are the only ones with that role. Given the storyline here, there are so many possible roles, but I'm sure there are at least two regular town. And if he turns out to be scum, then I'll sit in the fire swamp for awhile.

There are all kinds of wacky ways for those who are true town to reveal that fact to Someone and I, but is it worth it? He and I would then have a pool of confirmed-ish innocents to protect from lynches... but that's where my ideas trail off. Anybody have any ideas here, or is this just a waste of time?

There's nothing else I can do, here, except
FOS Werebear and Fletcher
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #118 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:09 pm

Post by Sugar »

mathcam wrote:I propose that either CRiX or Sugar get an idea.
As you wish. :wink: Except it might take a pot of coffee and an MLT (mutton lettuce and tomato sandwich) or two to get into "idea" mode. I FOSed Fletch and the Bear because they still doubted Someone, even though in my mind he was completely cleared, and that's all I had to go on at the moment. What I need to do is pore (I love doing that) over all 5 pages again and see if anything pops out.

Meanwhile, back to the regular townie plan... if there are others besides Someone and I, speak up with a clue (his was correct, by the way) to prove it only if you're in danger of being lynched. Does that sound like a plan?
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #137 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:49 am

Post by Sugar »

mathcam wrote:we should be careful not to put too much stock in their "my PM says that too!" claims.
Fishbulb wrote:So scum could give any clue they wanted if Sugar was in on the whole thing.
I completely agree with these. However, that's not what I did. I told Someone that his claim was
not quite
right, and wondered about it, until he was more specific. His final little clue sealed his townie-ness for me, as it would have for any other regular townie who might be out there.
Fishbulb wrote:Anyone who comes forward as townie better have a new "clue" so we can trust them. At least, that's what I believe. Am I right, Sugar?
That's what I was thinking, and only if a lynch is imminent. Does anybody else see flaws with this idea?
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #175 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:35 pm

Post by Sugar »

Vote: Leonidas

But we shouldn't forget about mole. Once again, two "regular townspersons" were given a very specific role name. Mole's claim did nothing to convince me that he got the same role Someone and I did. If you remember, it was suggested that regular townies give a clue as to that role name, which mole did not, even though he had 7 of the 10 required votes for a lynch.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #201 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:50 pm

Post by Sugar »

Someone... if I weren't convinced of your townie-ness, I'd now be convinced of your scumminess.
Someone wrote:But, since leo used divine intervention he stopped the lynch, therefore it cost us 2 innocents.
How did Leonidas' prevention of his own lynch "cost" us 2 innocents?! Regardless of whether or not he'd have died yesterday, we'd have still lost two players, likely those two, (and maybe only 1, if Leonidas happens to have a night-killing ability).
Someone wrote:If Leo is innocent, and DP is guilty, we will have lost two more lives, plus Leo himself, plus two more just to lynch one mafioso(DP).
I hate to quibble, but are you saying that in lynching Leonidas today, we'll lose 5 innocent players before we finally find a scummy Dragon Phoenix? This is beyond baffling, and if I'm missing something crucial here, please explain it to me.
Someone wrote:Who else in the princess bride could be a viable SK or a second killing group?
Judging by Miracle Max's death, I'd say an R.O.U.S. That seems like it'd be a very likely SK role. And I didn't want to believe they existed...

And from yesterday:
mole wrote:Fine, my role name contains two words, both with a prime number of letters.
Someone wrote:That's correct.
No, it's not, which means neither of you got the same "Florin townsperson" role I did. The specific role name that Someone alluded to on game day 1 does not match mole's clue. I didn't have time to bring this up yesterday, because Leonidas' attempted lynch happened so fast, and the game thread was locked 45 minutes before I logged on.

I wish I could vote both Leonidas and mole, but I can't. I'll go with mole for now, and leave Leonidas for tomorrow. I think Leonidas told the truth about his role name, just not his motive, and I doubt the clergyman would have a night killability. This means I'm still believing Dragon Phoenix's claim.
Vote: mole

FOS Someone
, because he's really, really confusing me.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #216 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:54 am

Post by Sugar »

Dragon Phoenix: Could you give us your role's name, or would you rather not? It's just that nobody on Werebear's list seems to fit with a cop role.

And regarding the whole "regular townie clue system", I don't know what else to say. Someone, there were two words given to me. You initially claimed "Florin Townsperson", which is in the role, but not the
official
role name. That has two words, one of which you gave a correct clue for, but both of these words do not have a prime number of letters in them. Mole is claiming that since you are a "confirmed innocent", he is, too, because you cleared him. I'm no longer sure of you, and I just want to post this, so I won't be blamed if either of you turn up scummy.

Are we at an impasse?

By the way, I'd love to hear mole's answer to Someone's last question.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #228 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:13 pm

Post by Sugar »

Unvote: mole

I'm now completely convinced of both his and Someone's innocence. And Someone, please stop using up all the clues now, in case we need them :wink:
Werebear, you're right. Westley and Inigo would make sense as cops, although I'd initially pegged Inigo's role as a vigilante.

, where'd he go?
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #239 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:09 am

Post by Sugar »

I think Grandpa makes more sense for a cop role than anybody. He was anything but senile in the movie, and nothing would make me think he'd be either paranoid or naive. DP's either come up with a very impressive role-claim, or he's an amazing mafia catcher. I'm going with the latter.
Leonidas wrote:One of my abilities is to obtain a divine intervention once in the game.
That's used up, now...
I would prefer not to reveal the other one(s), if any.
I'm a little worried about the other one.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #260 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:20 am

Post by Sugar »

Unvote: Leonidas
Vote: mlaker

I'm surprised about massive's post regarding DP's actions. I'd have done the same as DP, coming out with a guilty result when I felt in danger of being killed at night. Massive's admitted to being especially suspicious because of being tricked in a previous game. I'm not doubting massive's innocence (and I mean it :wink: ), but he's got to admit that the circumstances are different, here. And it might be interesting to hear mlaker's claim when he gets closer.

And regarding JereIC's post, which he got in just before I hit "submit", why aren't you voting for Leonidas? He is by no means proven innocent, just because he stopped his own lynch. It makes the most sense to pursue those found guilty by a cop, or we'll never get anywhere. Leo or mlaker, one or the other.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #283 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:41 pm

Post by Sugar »

Uh, mathcam and Someone... what's going on?
Why are you starting a mole bandwagon again? We already did this, on page 7 of this game, and he claimed and passed the townie clue test on day 8. Someone, have you forgotten this already? :shock:
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #292 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:38 am

Post by Sugar »

Inevitably, somebody is going to get close enough to the required votes to role-claim. Why aren't we pushing mlaker into that position?
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #309 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:22 pm

Post by Sugar »

JereIC wrote:FOS: Sugar for asking why I'm not voting for Leo.

JereIC - You FOSed me on page 11, and now within 2 pages I've gone from asking you a question to telling you what to do. :shock:
The post you're upset about was written in response to yours on the same page, where Leo's ability not only got him out of his lynch, but somehow convinced you and a few others of his innocence. I simply don't agree.
JereIC wrote:FOS: Sugar. She seems way too eager to get mlaker lynched...
I'm eager to get scum lynched. He and Leo seem like good candidates to me. I'm willing to back off if either make a role claim that's convincing. So far, neither of them has. Does this really make me look guilty to you?
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #359 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:50 pm

Post by Sugar »

I've been following the posts with much interest and forehead-slapping, however nothing has been said to make me change my position.
Except it seems to me that Dourgrim is innocent.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #396 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:21 am

Post by Sugar »

mlaker wrote:I am the Old Booer and my goal in the game was to boo Buttercup which was a role block and I didn't boo at night 1 or night 2

You said your goal in the game was to find Buttercup by targeting/"booing" her. Why didn't you "boo" anyone night 1?
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #415 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:40 pm

Post by Sugar »

If mlaker
isn't
the Old Booer, I'd have expected the real one to come forward by now. Well, maybe not, since it seems that if a final vote doesn't lynch him, the deadline will. It's just a role I'd expect to be in the game.
But he can't be telling the whole truth about it... the Old Booer was given one single "boo" with which to try to find his target Buttercup?! :shock: And if miraculously successful, would turn into a cop? It simply makes no sense.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #430 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:02 pm

Post by Sugar »

Dourgrim wrote:Also, I don't buy the townie claim because, quite frankly, townie is really easy to claim, and anyone can create a townie claim when the game takes place in a named location (in this case, Florin). So coming up with the name "Florin Townie" isn't all that terribly convincing to me.
Mathcam and I already had this discussion about townies on page 6. Reading over it again might help show you why I'm convinced that Someone and mole both have the same townie role that I have.
I believe our best bet today is to go after Leonidas, whom Dragon Phoenix found guilty on Night 1.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #462 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:25 pm

Post by Sugar »

Werebear wrote:I wonder if the mafia can recruit instead of kill..
That's possible of course, but nothing in the movie (i haven't read the book in years, so I don't remember it as well) makes me think this is likely. It seems good/bad is consistently separate throughout. But just the possibility is really disturbing.

I've got 6 players of whose innocence I'm almost sure, and Dragon Phoenix should have 2. I'll just go ahead and throw this out in case something happens to me tonight... I got a bonus bit of information about a player's innocence during one of the game nights. If DP's 2 innocents are different than the one I got, and if anybody else in the game got bonus innocent info... we might be able to seriously narrow down the possible scum list.
I've been going back and forth on revealing this, as it definitely opens the door to scum "revealing" fake bonus innocent info about their buddies. However, I suppose any of those potential claims would and should be ignored, unless the revealer manages to get on an "innocent" list.
DP, do you have any thoughts on what's next?

At this point, I'm going to
vote: Werebear
. Just a hunch, nothing concrete.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #484 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:03 pm

Post by Sugar »

massive wrote:I'm assuming that the "innocents" that you have listed do not include the people we've confirmed are Florin regular townspeople?
Correct, at least in my case. The bonus I got was not about one of them, no. There are 3 of us, DP, one other I'm convinced of based on their posts (of innocence he practically boasts), and my bonus info. If DP's don't overlap mine, that's 8 out of 13 left.

I guess the thing to do at this point is get everyone talking and go from there, though it's so tempting to want to reveal, in case something bad happens to us. :?
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #501 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:06 pm

Post by Sugar »

massive wrote:Sugar, you make me laugh.

Well, sometimes our sense of humor is all we have. :wink:

The bonus I got was about Crix/Fishbulb. He is good. Over to you, DP... I'm crossing my fingers, hoping yours are different.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #535 (isolation #21) » Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:25 pm

Post by Sugar »

I don't see the point in going after Dourgrim right now, when he's adamantly refusing to role-claim. What if there's some sort of condition where he cannot reveal? Who knows, but if I were he, and scum, I'd make up something a little easier to accept than what he's doing.
And now, for whoever's interested, my list of suspects from strongest to weakest: Werebear, mikehart, rite, Dourgrim, and then Fishbulb. Werebear and mikehart, because nobody's cleared them and they seem to be recently silent. Rite, though he could somehow have accurate info, may be telling the truth about his role, but not about his motive. I cannot believe Vizzini would be pro-town, and that role having the ability to confuse the town with "helpful" info would make him sneakier, wouldn't it? Dourgrim, because he revealed two previously-revealed innocents and his recent actions are confusing, yet very risky for scum to take, and finally Fishbulb, because the ones who've "cleared" him are rite and Dourgrim.
Now, let me clear this up:
mathcam wrote:No one's clear Dourgrim, Sugar, or Dragon Phoenix (Phoniex) per se, but they claim to have investigative roles...
I don't have an investigative role, nor have I ever claimed to. I simply got bonus info one night from rite. It must have been from him, as I never said which night it was, and he knew.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #547 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:00 pm

Post by Sugar »

Well, now I have to revise my scummish list: Werebear, rite, Dourgrim, Fishbulb. :shock:
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #599 (isolation #23) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:13 pm

Post by Sugar »

I'll put the fifth vote on:
Vote: Dourgrim
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #608 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:20 pm

Post by Sugar »

Well, the person I was looking at next was rite, followed by Fishbulb. I've already explained why in previous posts, but I'll be happy to do so again if anybody is interested. Unless I'm convinced otherwise, I'll be voting rite today.
Does anybody want to revisit that math assignment given by massive? I'll concur that mikehart's answer was way off, though (like Talitha) I can guess why. I did something similar myself at first...
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #619 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:17 am

Post by Sugar »

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Vizzini is scum, but not an actual killer (he didn't kill in the movie, he just got others to do it for him). But because he's a genius for hire who's sharing info with the town, he seems like he's on our side. And I've got a question for rite: why would you send out information to anyone you're not sure is good? You sent "Dourgrim is bad" info to mole on N5, then investigated mole N6. Why wouldn't you pick 3 confirmed innocents with whom to share your info, especially after it seemed that Dourgrim lied about getting the result you sent him?

For what it's worth, here's a list of the two investigators' results, night by night:

Code: Select all

rite   		 DP/Talitha

DP/Talitha	 Leonidas
CRiX/fishbulb mlaker
jadesmar	   mathcam
mathcam	    jadesmar
Dourgrim	   Dourgrim
mole	       mikehart

And where'd jadesmar go...
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #620 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:33 am

Post by Sugar »

Sorry to double-post, but Talitha mentioned her reluctance to vote rite based on some of Dourgrim's posts. Talitha, could you direct me to those... I can't seem to find them (Dourgrim thinking your role is Vizzini).

Meanwhile, I want to vote rite, but I'll wait. Putting the 4th vote on him now would enable Fishbulb to finish him off, and we're not really in a rush, are we?
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #630 (isolation #27) » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:30 pm

Post by Sugar »

OK...
Vote: rite
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #649 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:39 pm

Post by Sugar »

The mod wrote:Pro-town Vizzini (rite) barks with glee until a fist larger than his head silences him forever.
Massive, was that
your
fist?! Explain!

Seems to me that either the King, Fezzik, or one of the townies must have lied, and were actually an ROUS all along. But that doesn't make sense because of the risk they took. Or, here's a theory, a bite which didn't kill turned somebody into a "were-ROUS". Does that sound possible? Someone and Talitha were both attacked, but didn't die...

Those left who haven't been confirmed by Talitha are massive, Fishbulb, mole, Someone and me. I was completely convined of all townies' innocence, until now. Somebody else weigh in with their ideas, I'm pretty confused, here. :shock:
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #668 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:21 pm

Post by Sugar »

Massive, it's true that we townies seem to have quite a bit of trouble with math. I'd chalk it mostly up to quick posting and simple errors in spelling though, especially since they each gave an additional piece of information about the role which has convinced me. Still, the sloppy play has been a little dismaying and confusing. Yet in my mind, each of the other 3 are cleared (with the exception of Someone and that ROUS bite).

I'm thinking it's probably best to wait until jadesmar is replaced, and then see if his replacement can shed any light on the non-fatal ROUS bites. As far as the time-delay theory on the ROUS bites, I'm not seeing it as a possibility. Perhaps they only have so many kills they can make in the game. Or perhaps their bites have some sort of chance factor worked into their success rate. Or maybe they can choose to recruit, but that success rate is a gamble... who knows, or they're only given so many recruiting opportunities... let's just wait for jadesmar's replacement. :shock:

One other thing that has me intrigued is Vizzini's role turning out to be pro-town. I'm now braced for the possibility that a role we'd assume to be a given town will turn out to be scum... such as Fezzik. Because if there is no recruiting going on, the only possibililties for evil, to me, are massive and Talitha.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #672 (isolation #30) » Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:13 pm

Post by Sugar »

massive wrote:why does it makes sense for ME to be the one "infidel" who would be a mafia-ite?
All right. :roll: It doesn't make much sense that Fezzik would be an ROUS, which is all we seem to have left here.

Everyone still alive has already been officially cleared by DP/Talitha or rite, except massive, myself, Someone and Talitha. I know I'm not an ROUS, and you taking the risk of falsely claiming Fezzik, well, it'd be hard to imagine such a gamble. That leaves our two bite-surviving victims, doesn't it?

Here's my list of ROUS night activity:
N1 - Nothing, but could have attacked Fishbulb1
N2 - Fishbulb1 died of festering wound, could have attacked JereIC
N3 - JereIC died of festering wound
N4 - Attacked Someone
N5 - Attacked Talitha
N6 - Nothing, but could have attacked mathcam
N7 - mathcam died of festering wound

I see that voting Someone is our best bet. It simply makes no sense that there's any way we could still have evil in this game without it being either of those two. However I'd still like to wait for jadesmar's replacement to weigh in with his insights/information. And yes, I don't know what role he'd be except the grandson, and that role having a bit of protection ability doesn't seem too far-fetched, especially with the grandfather role being so important.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #683 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:43 am

Post by Sugar »

Unfortunately, I don't have anything too exciting to add to the discussion. According to the time-delay theory, we're assuming that it takes 2 days before the ROUS target dies. We didn't get notice of a failed attack this morning in the opening post, therefore we can expect a death by festering wound tomorrow (unless that target gets lynched today, and it's interesting that hasn't seemed to happen yet).

We know there is at least one ROUS still in the game, because one had to target mathcam1 on N6.
Anyway, the only two possibilities left seem to be:
1) that there has been a 2nd ROUS all along. But nobody alive seems a possibility.
2) at least one player has been recruited. Again, Someone and Talitha apply here. Someone doesn't make much sense, but recruiting Talitha would be brilliant.

Questions still remaining are role abilities. I don't have any abilities at all. Does anybody else have any light to shed?
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #686 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:30 am

Post by Sugar »

Although I'm not sure what "situational" protection means (and don't really need to know at this point), I'll go along with that, because nothing else makes sense.

Vote: Someone

But if you turn out to be scum, Fezzik, I am going to be very put out.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #690 (isolation #33) » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:07 pm

Post by Sugar »

It's true that in the movie, Westley didn't turn into an ROUS when bitten. But Vizzini didn't really have investigative abilities in the movie, nor did the Grandfather. The roles are
based
on the movie/book, but obviously have been given mafia flair.

But OK, your point is made. Do you then think we've always had 2 rodents in the game? If so, who are your suspects? Or do you have any alternate theories or ideas? Come on, we need all the help and discussion we can get.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #696 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:46 am

Post by Sugar »

mathcam wrote:I more inclined to believe there were two ROUS' from the beginning.
I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out who this could possibly be, but then again maybe you know something I don't. Did the mod conveniently give this last ROUS a safe role to claim, and then perhaps an ability? Or let them in on the secret townie PM? Because as I've said before, nobody left seems like an option, unless it's a god-rodent who turned up innocent to an investigation. And then we still have the question of "who protected/blocked Someone on N4?"
Argh. This is really fun, but really perplexing!
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #705 (isolation #35) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:07 am

Post by Sugar »

I'm also convinced Fishbulb's the only one who could possibly have 2 votes. I went back and had a look at the voting records, and as far as I can tell, all evidence points to him alone.
Norinel wrote:If we're lynching Someone, we should have everyone besides those already voting for him and Fishbulb to vote and unvote him before Fishbulbe votes...
That confused me, too, until I realized what he's saying is that it's obvious that everyone who's currently voting only has a single vote. Therefore, if everyone who isn't voting,
besides
Fishbulb, would vote and then unvote, we'd be sure. Then, Fishbulb can go ahead and vote.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #713 (isolation #36) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:40 am

Post by Sugar »

I've been trying to figure out who our 2nd ROUS might possibly be... and came up with an idea. Massive has been rhyming since his very first post. I did not pick up on it until D2, where I made a note in my spreadsheet that he's playing as Fezzik. The rhyming was low-key enough that I doubt many realized he was doing it, but I'd think that anybody who really
was
Fezzik would have immediately noticed, and called him on it. So it's possible that this was a sneaky way for him to have made sure nobody in the game was Fezzik, before actually claiming the role.

In
this
game day (Day 7), he asked for any information on a possible remaining doc role. When none came, he claimed this ability, saying that he protected himself N1, and Talitha each night since then except N6 (when he protected nobody) and again protected Talitha N7.

Now, we haven't had a mafia night kill since N2. On N4, the only mafia left was Werebear, the Albino, who was lynched D4. This means that either massive's telling the truth, and that N3 and N4 they targeted Talitha. Or, maybe somebody blocked the kill N3, and the Albino didn't have killability for N4. I'm still working this out, but something about massive just seems very suspicious...
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #719 (isolation #37) » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:48 am

Post by Sugar »

Yes, I'll keep my vote where it is. It'd be nice if the other townies would weigh in with their ideas too (looks for mole, mikehart and Someone). This has been an exciting day, and my apologies if my ideas/thoughts have muddled things up. Lynching Someone seems like our best bet today.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #734 (isolation #38) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:25 am

Post by Sugar »

massive wrote:I protect mathcam last night, as he asked.
Actually, wasn't it Talitha who suggested that?
yesterday, she wrote:Baha. Well I'll give you some advice for free. massive, you should protect mathcam tonight. He deserves to die for being complacent.
So, massive... if you'd
not
been protecting Talitha and mathcam2 when they were bitten, would it have made a difference? Are we assuming that they've both been recruited, as Someone seems to have been?
Vote: Talitha
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #736 (isolation #39) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:15 pm

Post by Sugar »

But what if the recruits don't actually "turn evil" until the night
after
they are attacked? If that's the (admittedly imaginative) case, then Talitha is the only evil left, while mathcam's still good.
The other possibility I thought of, and I think I mentioned it before, is that the ROUS role has a limited number of recruitment opportunities, or that there's some sort of chance factor involved when they kill/recruit.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #737 (isolation #40) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:17 pm

Post by Sugar »

Whoops. And another possibility is that all rodents have been eliminated, and now we're dealing with one mafia or SK left.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #739 (isolation #41) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:36 pm

Post by Sugar »

Heehee. Scratch possibility #2, guys. Somebody else posit theories, mine are getting goofy.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #749 (isolation #42) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:32 am

Post by Sugar »

I pretty much agree with massive's last post. Not sure about his interesting ROUS recruiting theory, but I'm thinking about it.

Norinel, I was having a hard time believing that we had 2 rats from the beginning, but 3? Who?! There's nobody left but massive. That's asking me to believe that Someone was an ROUS who knew the "secret townie code" so well that he was able to convince me. Why wasn't massive (our only other possibility for ROUS) or Dourgrim let in on it?

Now, on to Talitha. Yesterday, when we were discussing the possibility of the game having 2 rats from the start, she wrote:
...they would have to be one of our uncleared... massive, Sugar or Someone.
She didn't investigate either massive or myself. It makes no sense that she investigated mathcam (the previously investigated/cleared jadesmar), to check for a recruitment. We had absolutely no discussion yesterday about possible unbitten recruits, this is just scummy.
We should lynch either her or mathcam. Which one will give us the most info tomorrow? If we lynch her today, we discover much. She's been recuited, therefore so has mathcam. Or, she's innocent and we start from scratch with new theories.

On the other hand, lynching mathcam may stop massive's "one recruit each" ROUS theory. The problem is, we won't really know after his death if that's what happened, if he's not "officially" recruited yet.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #753 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:45 pm

Post by Sugar »

Norinel: So you believe that Dourgrim and I were the original 2 ROUSes, but as a bonus, only I was given the townie information? Because if you remember, when they (someone, mole, mikehart) each came out as townies, I was skeptical of their claims until they satisfied me with clues. Wouldn't the better play have been to hush up and try to blend in?

I'm sure your suspicions thrill the actual scum. But then again, I've no abilities with which to aid the town, so lynching me to prove this theory wrong would be fine. Sad for me, but perhaps ultimately better for the town.

And it might be a good idea to remind the town that Talitha cleared
you
on D7, well after she was bitten.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #754 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:52 pm

Post by Sugar »

Any chance of mod nudges to mole and mikehart? Mole hasn't posted here since 9/22 (but is active in other threads) and mikehart has been away from the boards for a week now.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #777 (isolation #45) » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:39 am

Post by Sugar »

mole wrote:I am inclined to agree with Talitha and say that there is a way for the rodents to make a hidden recruit - and that's what happened Night 5.
Actually, my ROUS activity notes are different than mole's. There are 2 nights where I'm showing no attacks by them, and those are N3 and N7:

N1 - probably attacked Fishbulb1
N2 - Fishbulb died of festering wound, probably attacked JereIC
N3 - JereIC died of festering wound
N4 - attacked Someone
N5 - attacked Talitha
N6 - probably attacked mathcam
N7 - mathcam died of festering wound
N8 - attacked mathcam2

If there are hidden recruitments going on, I suppose these would be the nights. I have not been recruited. I doubt mole has been recruited, or he wouldn't even bring up this possibility. I'm more inclined to believe that they have a limited amount of attacks/recruits, and much of it is up to chance.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #785 (isolation #46) » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:57 pm

Post by Sugar »

In light of the deadline? Do you two (Norinel and Talitha) honestly believe that I've been an ROUS all along? Norinel brought up the possibility, theorizing that Dourgrim, Someone and I were all given the ROUS role from the start (along with the townie pm info). But instead of using it to blend in, I used it to challenge each townie that claimed, eventually satisfying most of the town that Someone, mole and mikehart/Macros were truly townies. You'd also have to believe that I also first posed the recruitment theory (bottom of game page 26), using it to cast suspicion on Someone, who was lynched that day. This makes no sense.

The other (and more likely, according to Talitha) reason I'm being voted, is that I could have been recruited at some point. Is it really likely that it'd be me, over Talitha or mathcam2, both of whom were bitten but didn't die (just like Someone)? And if it's only somehow "plain townies" like me and Someone who can be recruited, why would my recruitment be secret, when Someone's was obvious? Furthermore, why would I be picked over mole and mikehart/Macros? I'm the only plain townie left who's uncleared, they were cleared by rite and Talitha, respectively. Keep in mind that I brought up the recruitment idea in the first place, why would I do this if I were recruited?

Neither of these two reasons make sense. I said earlier that I'd gladly die if it would help the town, but what will you get? Only that I was what I've said from the start, a Florin Peasant who was never recruited. You'll be down another town, plus whoever gets killed/recruited by the ROUS(s) tonight. I still believe that Talitha's an ROUS who was probably recruited, because it's the simplest and most logical conclusion. If I'm wrong about her, lynching her would still give us more information than lynching anyone else, unless I'm missing something. We'd know that some bites don't necessarily lead to recruitment, and we'd also know that all of her investigations can be trusted (exept for those who might have been recruited after their investigations. I doubt this is happening, however).

I've believed Norinel's innocence throughout the game, until recently. At this point, the only other three players whose innocence I believe are Fishbulb, mole and mikehart/Macros, so I'd especially like to hear their thoughts.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #787 (isolation #47) » Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:51 pm

Post by Sugar »

Talitha wrote:I don't understand why you want to lynch an investigator...
I
don't
want to lynch an investigator. However, you were bitten and lived, so I no longer believe you are an investigator on the town's side, which is why I'm voting you.
...there is a simple way to pretty much prove my innocence: lynch mathcam. If you don't see the logic in that, then I have to wonder whether you really want the town to win this.
:shock: What? I brought this up earlier, that lynching mathcam was a logical choice as well. If enough people see this, and would rather spare you for a bit, I'll certainly switch to him. If
you
see this, why are you still voting me? Lynching either you or him will give the town more information than my lynch.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #809 (isolation #48) » Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:16 am

Post by Sugar »

MeMe, thanks for such a
fun
game! I was beginning to suspect that
everyone
was guilty there at the end... but it was sure fun coming up with theories and trying to reason my way out of votes.

*wanders off, humming the movie theme song*
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #813 (isolation #49) » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:42 am

Post by Sugar »

And if you'd have been scum, I'd respect you more for your townie-lynching abilities :wink:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”