California Trilogy - Going to San Francisco (Game Over!)

BBMars
BBMars
Townie
BBMars
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:50 am

Post by BBMars »

Hola!
/confirm
Flameaxe + Iammars
BBMars
BBMars
Townie
BBMars
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by BBMars »

Interesting. There's people missing. This seem interesting. Knowing mith those people probably weren't chosen at random. At least it gives us something to talk about.

So my spell checker won't break:
Vote: Niv
Flameaxe + Iammars
BBMars
BBMars
Townie
BBMars
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:41 am

Post by BBMars »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Bah.

I will clarify my position

I am NOT against players using lists.

I am NOT against players submitting Condorcets.

I am AGAINST players relying on a Condorcet count to provide the lynch.

I think we're better off lynching with the standard majority.

The reason I believe this is because I don't trust every player in this game to understand how condorcet works.

and I think it's easier for scum to manipulate a condo lynch than a normal majority lynch.
The way it is set up is that posting a list is optional. If no majority is gained through conventional methods, then it will move to Condorcet pairings.

I don't really agree with Sens' logic regarding no lynch. Yourself is the only 100% confirmed person in this game.

Xtoxm's "I didn't notice them" comment bothers me.
Flameaxe + Iammars
BBMars
BBMars
Townie
BBMars
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by BBMars »

I'm a little hesitant about voting for Xtoxm, only because he always looks like scum. I mean, it's still no excuse for his actions. but he is one of the few players who has managed to push the scumminess threshold for me back farther than other players.

Major FOS: SensFan for suggesting that lynching himself is better than lynching no one. Seriously? You would rather lynch a confirmed innocent rather than no one?
Flameaxe + Iammars
BBMars
BBMars
Townie
BBMars
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by BBMars »

Xtoxm wrote:Btw, I agree with you Pooky that I think BBMars is scum.

This is why.

I have never played with Flameaxe.

I have played with Iammars once in which my alignment has been revealed.

It sounds like he just saying it to not look scummy when I turn up town.
I'm interested. Who am I now? How do you know who is posting, especially if you have never played with Flameaxe?

2nd, I like MichaelSabelheart's post. It does a nice job of showing what Xtoxm is doing badly in this game. Definitely a long list.

3rd, I want to clarify what I said earlier. Sometimes on daystart, mods will do something unusual so that we have a discussion starter. I was not trying to imply that we should spend today on speculation. I was trying to say that it gave us something to start our discussion with, like a story-starter.
Flameaxe + Iammars
BBMars
BBMars
Townie
BBMars
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by BBMars »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Ok Niv.

Tell me in 200 words or less why you believe I am scum with Xtoxm.
Minor FOS: Pooky.
Why 200 words or less? That's imposing an artificial limit on the person, whose explanation may or may not require more words than that.
Flameaxe + Iammars
BBMars
BBMars
Townie
BBMars
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by BBMars »

Pooky: Yes, I am fucking serious. I expect an answer.

Gaspar: I am interested in hearing about why we're scummy.

In other news, I am slightly confused and confounded by Niv's post. I need time to look it over and decide.

However, I do believe from my experience with Xtoxm that he is being idiot town as opposed to scum. The problem is, that makes him dangerous scum. Never underestimate the power of a smart idiot.
Flameaxe + Iammars
BBMars
BBMars
Townie
BBMars
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by BBMars »

Pooky wrote:Tell me what evil motivation I may have for placing a 200 word restriction on him and I'll tell you what my actual motivation is.
Fair enough. By forcing a limit on the number of words he can use, it may force him to oversimplify his arguments to make them easier for you to refute.
Gaspar wrote:Okay, Post 77 by BBMars does bother me after all. The entire first paragraph feels staged to me. I find it bothersome that BBMars makes one throwaway comment about the missing people being not-random, states that it gives us something to talk about, then proceeds to not talk about it again. Empty comments like that don't sit well with me, because they tend to read "blahblah, look, I'm contributing... but not really." Out of idle curiosity, which one of you two made that post?
What I was basically was saying that some mechanics are conversation starters. However, by the time I made my post, the conversation was already started on another topic, so the conversation starter wasn't needed.
Does it really matter which of us made the post?
Rogueben wrote:
MM wrote:2. Is lurking the top scumtell you look for while scumhunting?
Question to Xtoxm. Very pointed. Don't like this at all.
What's wrong with this? It's pushing Xtoxm to explain himself.
MichelSableHeart wrote:BBMars, MBL, Rogueben, vollkan, Xtoxm, why aren't you posting a condorcet list?
We will before the deadline, don't worry. Condorcet is only for deadline, so we don't need it yet.
Pooky wrote:Or you guys could just man up, ditch condorcet and reach a bloody lynch?

Seriously guys. Condorcet honestly is so easily manipulated.
Yelling at us to not use Condorcet is not helping.
MM wrote:The total scoreboard looks like this:
Reasoning: 0
Questions: 36
This is normal pooky behavior.
Niv wrote:@ pooky, 1 I find you annoying and want you dad.
I find it abhoring that you want to attack another person's family members.
Flameaxe + Iammars
BBMars
BBMars
Townie
BBMars
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:26 am

Post by BBMars »

Hi there. I'm a bit behind in my reading of this game, and I've been waiting on my other head to pop in to respond to my PM, but it seems he's gone AWOL on us.

I'll be reading up in the near future, but in the meantime, I brought cookies.
Flameaxe + Iammars
BBMars
BBMars
Townie
BBMars
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by BBMars »

Rogueben wrote:Vollkan his point about popping was related to a pm between Flamaxe and Iammars that Flamaxe (BBMars) mentioned. Flameaxe said:
BBMars wrote:...and I've been waiting on my other head to pop in to respond to my PM...
In this case I agree with MBL, its possible that he is trying to get their story straight. Now that I've thought about this a little more I think this is actually quite a compelling point. There is no pro-town reason I can think of to wait around for the partner.

Vote: BBMars
What is so anti-town about one of the heads who hasn't had a chance to stay caught up in the game to consult with the other head? After all, we are two heads...Why shouldn't we talk...

NN: My reaction is "Go for it".

Still haven't finished reading, and my partner is AWOL. This week is a big test (ACT, mock AP) week for me, so don't expect a whole lot of posting until probably late Thursday or Friday. I'll probably print out a few pages to read in class this week though.
Flameaxe + Iammars
BBMars
BBMars
Townie
BBMars
Townie
Townie

Post Post #471 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:44 am

Post by BBMars »

My insane testing week is over, and you are getting sick of me talking about it. I'm going to try to start my read before I have to leave later.

I can tell you that something about Xtoxm makes my gut tingle.
Flameaxe + Iammars
BBMars
BBMars
Townie
BBMars
Townie
Townie

Post Post #521 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:49 am

Post by BBMars »

Haven't finished my read yet, only had a chance to read when I took a break from writing my essay. I should have the essay done in a few hours, and then should be done with the read/notes posted by then.

Hopefully.
Flameaxe + Iammars

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”