Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Setael »

I think I'm replacing sikario8 but I haven't seen Shanba post anything. Anyway... I'm reading the thread.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Setael »

Still reading the thread (sorry I fell behind). I'm at p. 24 and if no one has requested this yet, I'd like Quagmire to link a game in which he did not look at his role pm on day 1 and ended up being town.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Setael »

First, my thoughts on Quag. This post is the most helpful of his all game:
Quag, 912 wrote:The problem is, I'm apathetic to mafia now more than ever so I find no desire to allocate my resources in actually playing the game.
because it explains why his play has been so odd, distracting and unhelpful. Quag, if this is how you feel you should not be playing mafia, because you end up being nothing but a distraction. I consider your play in this game utterly useless and anti-town but I don't think you knew you were scum at the time you announced that you hadn't read your role pm. I see no reason for scum to draw that attention to themselves, not even to protect a scum buddy who may have been under pressure at the time, because if either of you are lynched it'd be far too obvious looking back. I think you really didn't look at your pm because you just don't care and shouldn't be playing. I think you finally did look at your role pm when you were -1 and I'm not sure yet if you found out you're scum or town. Your reaction to Bookitty's entrance into the game was so OFF imo. Her post was logical and made perfect sense and your response to it made no sense at all. You attacked her for finding hasdf suspicious for his odd defense of you, claiming she should be attacking you instead. Her point stands whether you are town or scum - either way hasdf's play made no sense if he's town, so your attack made absolutely no sense.

It is true that the town would gain a lot of information from a Quag lynch. Not only from examining his wagon, but most the talk today has centered around him. Lynching anyone else provides far less info. However, that's not a good reason to lynch him, especially when some of the players I find scummiest seem to KNOW he'll come up town.
yos wrote:Not only that, one of the biggest problems with a person who hasn't read his PM is that it's much harder to make connections or get information if they do turn out to be scum. However, the large bandwagon on him also helped solve that, I think; if he does turn out to be scum, I think we'll get a lot of info from the way his bandwagon went.
This statement made me think yos knows Quag is town. If Quag turns up scum, Yos would look pretty bad so I can't see him saying "if he does turn out to be scum, I think we'll get a lot of info from the way his bandwagon went" unless he KNOWS Quag would come up town.
erg0 wrote:Those who are complaining that not reading your role PM as scum disadvantages the town, and trying to use that as part of an argument for a lynch, are missing the point entirely.
By the way erg0, what point were they missing?

At this point I could see it going either way - Quag as scum or town. I therefore think this attitude is unwise:
TS wrote:Blanket of Suspicion (BoS) on all players that defend Quagmire, whose behavior in this game is absolutely indefensible. Either they are protecting a buddy, or they know it's a mislynch. Under the blanket: YagamiLight, MoS, Peers, Yosarian2, and hasdagas (though hasdagas' recent behavior makes me less confident that he might be scum).
This looks like an attempt at intimidation/bullying players into agreeing with you. If they dare think Quag is town, LOOK OUT! That being said, I think TS is town and completely agreed with this post:
TS, 739 wrote: For clarity, I'll add the following comments.

I am not advocating a Quagmire lynch.

Rather, I am advocating a hasdfas lynch, or maybe a Yosarian2 lynch, depending on Yosarian's responses.

Why is that?

(1) Quag's play is irrational, harmful, and to some extent personality-based, and really dumb. Plus, it's the kind of stunt he pulled as scum.
(2) That kind of play is indefensible.
(3) Who would defend Quagmire? (a) a scumbuddy or (b) a scum who knows this is a mislynch.
(4) Both hasdfas and Yosarian3 defended Quagmire against all logic and to such an extent, and so lacking in subtlety that I cannot possibly see them as Quagmirebuddies. Therefore, I consider hassfas and Yosarian2 to be, quite possibly, among the "knowing minority" that knew Quagmire was a mislynch.
(5) I can't imagine any other rationale for so vehemently defending such completely idiotic play.

Although... if Quagmire's stunt has forced the scum out of their safe haven, maybe he's not so idiotic after all! Wink

vote: hasdgfas
I also agreed with 743 pointing out zu faul's opportunism (which was largely ignored) as well as your 758 & 759 pointing out distancing between hasdf and peers. You seem to think hasdf responded well and seem to have dropped your suspicion. I haven't. Bookitty's post was also spot-on imo:
Boo wrote:
hasdfgas wrote:Him not reading his role PM doesn't mean he's wasting anyone's time. If he's scum, it's a great play because then he's hard to read. If he's town, he can just play as a townie and not worry about any possible power role that he has. The reason our time is being wasted is because everyone's making such a big deal over this.
This is nonsense. It's a form of cheating, in my opinion. If he's scum, he's not giving any tells in a game where such tells are the only evidence we have to go on. It's not "hard to read", it's impossible. And hasdgfas, do you really think he just played as a townie and helped the town? Do you think he was scumhunting? What do you think Quagmire did that was useful to town? Do you think that Mafia would be playable if everyone followed Quagmire's example in this, or winnable for town? (And don't say, "oh, but they won't," because you're suggesting it as a great play for scum and a decent play for town, so you are ADVOCATING it, hasdgfas. If it's such a brilliant move by Quagmire, we should all do it, right? Except that's not how Mafia is supposed to be played.)

I don't see any reason why someone would regard not reading one's role PM as a pro-town action and defend it, especially in light of Quagmire's actual actions, which included quoting from another ongoing game in this thread to justify a policy lynch, trailing MoS's logic, and pretty much nothing that was useful to town. Quagmire is wrong, and what he's doing is against the spirit of the game. You, hasdgfas, are defending something that is detrimental to town and that in practice, in this game, was extremely anti-town. And I don't see a good reason for you to do that, unless Quagmire is town, and you are scum buddying up.

unvote; vote hasdgfas
Today's lynch should be hasdgfas.

unvote; vote: hasdgfas
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Setael »

TS wrote:(1) If Quagmire comes up town, MoS and hasdagas and YOU are going to look bad because you three defended him irrationally, since he is, best case scenario, and I think we have a concensus on this, a totally worthless player. That means that you old scumbags all knew he was town.
I actually agreed a lot with MoS' statements regarding Quag. The one statement I quoted is the only one that makes me raise an eyebrow on Yos - many of the rest of his I can see where he's coming from. hasdf on the other hand, I can see being scum. It also makes sense that not ALL the scums would defend Quag even though if he's town they all know it. Much more likely that only one of those 3 is scum. And between Yos and hasdf I think the case for hasdf is much stronger.
erg0 wrote:I think that any argument based on Quag's actions and/or people's reactions to them is pretty shaky, hence the reason that I don't agree with your assessment of hasdgfas. Votes based on day 1 drama almost always end with a townie lynch in my experience.
I agree that day1 can be misleading, but I think hasdf is our best bet. I really can't see a townie defending what Quag did, which was so clearly anti-town (doing it at all as well as telling us he did it when he did). Looks a lot more like hasdf was coming from an insider knowledge perspective and felt confident defending hasdf regardless of how anti-town his actions were.

erg0, it would be helpful if you would present a case on Peers rather than repeating ad nauseum that we should read his posts in isolation.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Setael »

TS wrote:
Albert wrote:TS, what happened to lynching hagdafas ?
He started to make sense and make himself useful,l so I got bored persecuting him.
@TS, can you specify what hasdf did/said that made sense/was useful? Was it just his case on MoS?

@hasdf, who else besides Peers do you find scummy? Who do you think is likely to be scum with Peers?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Setael »

Why do you play mafia, Quag, if you hate it so much?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:54 am

Post by Setael »

Thanks for linking those. As I've said, I believe that you didn't read your role. I'm still not sure what you discovered when you finally read it, but I'm leaning town on you.

Do you have any other reasons to suspect Bookitty that you haven't shared? I for one, think your case that she should've accused you instead of hasdf is utter crap and I very much agree that hasdf looked scummy for defending your anti-town play the way he did. But it made it look like he KNOWS you're town, so it would make sense to accuse him and not you, see? So, setting that aside - any other reason to suspect Bookitty?

Yos, what do you think of the case on hasdfgas?

schismatized, why aren't you participating? Care to give a scum list?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Setael »

Quag wrote:hasdfhag, in defending me, basically regurgitated what I said when I defend the fact that I don't read my role PM.
And you feel that is something a townie would do?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:03 am

Post by Setael »

I think Jordan's scum. Scum would definitely be motivated to push the Quag wagon (easy lynch especially with TS tunneling like this) at this point. Could be partners with hadf but I'm surprised he'd be this obviously opposed to a scum buddy's wagon. Could be jordan knows hasdf is town.

In my original notes, I thought jordan was scum, but I wanted to see his reaction to the newly refreshed quag wagon before saying much about him.

The following is everything he has said regarding Quagmire:
jordan wrote:You ever going to look at your role Quag?
jordan wrote:I can see where the wagon is coming from, but I agree with hasgdfas, lynching Quag would essentially be a random lynch.
jordan wrote:Quag, it may be helpful for you not to read your Role PM, but it seriously disadvantages the rest of us, since you don't know what your alignment is on Day 1, and, if you're scum, you don't know who your buddies are, that makes all of your posts on Day 1 completely useless for trying to find your alignment/possible scumbuddies. Even if you're town, it disadvantages the town, because now, everybody's talking about you not reading your Role PM, rather than discussing about who's scum, it just wastes time and clogs the thread, and puts unnecessary pressure on yourself.
jordan wrote:Careful, by my count Quag's at -1.
jordan wrote:Not convinced Quag is scum.
And his very next post regarding Quagmire:
jordan wrote:I think Quag is completely screwing with us, trying to get conversation away from scum with his distracting antics, he's giving nothing to the game in terms of scumhunting, thanks to his ridiculous tunnel-vision on TS. I would not be sad to see him go.

Unvote Vote: Quag
I think this was the most opportunistic vote on the Quag wagon. I think jordan, as scum, realized his Quag vote looked incredibly opportunistic and didn't mesh with all his other statements regarding the wagon, so he felt the need to reinforce it with his last post.

unvote, vote: Jordan
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Setael »

Bookitty, what do you think of Jordan? Any merit to my case?

TS, same question for you.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:09 am

Post by Setael »

I replaced in more recently than you Boo, so I know what you mean. However, I think a large part of the reason the D1 lynch is usually a townie is people tunnel on those that are in the spotlight, while all the scums play it a little more low key. Not lurking or hiding, but like Jordan - careful.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Setael »

Jordan's still scum, but we need a lynch in this game.

unvote, vote: Peers
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Setael »

I haven't. I just think this game needs a lynch badly and no one is going for the cases I've made on scum. I haven't said a thing about Kscope, but I'd also vote him if he was in the lead.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Setael »

IH wrote:The point that he's going for the easist lynch. It's no longer quag, so... BACK TO PEERS.
Hey IH, who's "he" in this sentence? Seems like you'd be referring to me, but I was never in support of the quag lynch, so I'm not really following.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Setael »

I just want a lynch. 50 pages and no D1 lynch is ridiculous. I'll even vote Quag at this point if he's the leading wagon, even though I think he's town. Any of them could be scum and anything will give us information.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Setael »

@Albert: Because I think he's town so I'd rather not force him to claim. I won't vote him unless he's the leading wagon.

Maybe I'm impatient because all my other games are moving along so much more quickly. There's no following for any of the cases I made, so I may as well push the leading wagon.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:29 am

Post by Setael »

You thought wrong.

When I voted: (unless TS' votecount was wrong)

5: Peers (YagamiLight, Erg0, hasdgfas, Bookitty, Panzerjager)
4: Kscope (Zu_Faul, Yosarian2, schismatized, MoS)
4: MoS (Kscope, IH, ToasterStrudel, Peers)
2: Quagmire (Battle Mage, JordanA24)
1: Setael (Sir Tornado)
1: Bookitty (Quagmire)
1: JordanA24 (Setael)
1: hasdgfas (ABR)
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Setael »

Are you voting at all, Peers? Do you really have no problem with 50 pages and no lynch? Who do you think is scum?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by Setael »

[b]unvote, vote: kscope[/b]
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (isolation #19) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:35 pm

Post by Setael »

Ok I'm done voting for the biggest wagon, but I still think we really need to lynch someone.

erg0 - for someone who hasn't given much in the way of suspicions the whole game, you're awfully judgmental of the town. Have you stated suspicion of anyone but Peers?

I think my #1 suspect right now is actually Panzer. So I'll go with that.

unvote, vote: Panzer
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Setael »

TS wrote:Yeah, good job, you're voting, at deadline, for a player that has only your vote. That's so scummy, hiding off-wagon like that.
TS, take a breather. Deadline is 4 days away.

Can you tell me what exactly we'll learn if Quag comes up scum? What about if he comes up town?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (isolation #21) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Setael »

Boo, it's open. I don't see that we'll learn more from a Quag lynch than from anyone else. If he came up scum, I still wouldn't be sure that incriminates those who defended him and if he comes up town, I don't think that will incriminate those who pushed his lynch. So I'm wondering if I'm missing something and wondering what info we would gain from a Quag lynch.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (isolation #22) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Setael »

What makes you think so, Peers?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (isolation #23) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Setael »

I find it hard to believe that Quagmire really thought he might draw a NK after how today has gone. If he's town, after his play today no scum in their right mind would waste their time on him.
Peers wrote:The fact that I've been reading the damn thread since the game started?
Nice, Peers. Is it really so hard to give your reasons for thinking Quag is scum and Kscope is town?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by Setael »

Ok then, is it really so hard to give your reasons for thinking Quag is more likely scum than Kscope?

Quit avoiding the question with semantics.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Setael »

I would prefer a Peers lynch than a Quag lynch at this juncture.

unvote, vote: Peers
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1350 (isolation #26) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by Setael »

This is about the 10th time this game he's said "A Peers lynch will be bad for the town." I bought that the first couple times and now I'm over it. How about providing an actual defense or case on someone else instead of repeating over and over that you're town?

I think it's weird that all of a sudden TS thinks that makes Peers look town when he's said it so many times this game already.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (isolation #27) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Setael »

unvote, vote: kscope
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (isolation #28) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by Setael »

I think Quagmire is town - unhelpful town, but town nonetheless. I doubt Peers' claim, but am not willing to lynch a claimed doc D1 even if I think he's lying scum. I'd rather lynch a lurker who, from my experience with him in other games, will be an unhelpful lurker all game.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (isolation #29) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Setael »

vote: hasdgfas
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:58 am

Post by Setael »

@Quag: This has been said to you before, but you have ignored it. Like here:
zu faul wrote:What is your case other than OMGUS and that she doesn't act reasonable (which is what I gathered from rereading your posts)?
I will summarize your case as far as I understand it, and if there's more to it, please state it all concisely.

QUAG'S BOOKITTY CASE

Bookitty came into the game and voted hasdfgas for defending Quag rather than voting Quag.

Guess what? That's what I did, too. So I don't really see it as a scum tell.

You're clearly not winning any support by just telling us over and over that you think Bookitty is scum. Give us a case.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (isolation #31) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:39 am

Post by Setael »

Huh? Was that directed at me? If so, read more closely. I'm just repeating your question for Quag, which was my question from some time ago.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (isolation #32) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Setael »

If you think he's the Jester, why are you voting him?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (isolation #33) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Setael »

I'm not seeing it.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (isolation #34) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:34 am

Post by Setael »

I think hasdfgas or Panzer would both make a good lynch today.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (isolation #35) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Setael »

Yeah, ok that makes sense.

unvote; vote: Panzer
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (isolation #36) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Setael »

I don't think IH is scum. My top 2 scums are Jordan and Panzer and IH's intro post regarding both of them does not look like he is a likely scum buddy.

Both Jordan and Panzer are flying well under the radar after being under suspicion yesterday. I'd vote either of them, but I think a Panzer lynch is more doable with this crowd at this point (since no one seems to agree with me about jordan yet).
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (isolation #37) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Setael »

TS, what didn't you like about IH's last few posts?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1509 (isolation #38) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Setael »

Go back and read IH's first long analysis post when he entered the game. The 2 players he pointed out the most scumminess on are jordan and panzer, so I find it unlikely he'd be a scum buddy there. Possible, but unlikely.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (isolation #39) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by Setael »

ABR wrote:Eg0 and Setael are assuredly highest on my scumlist. I cannot explain except for my 20 game+ razor sharp intuition, plus recent tells I've gotten from Setael to separate her scumplay from her townplay...
I guess it's a good thing that you can't read me, but I don't think it's that I act scummy when I'm town as much as it's that your intuition isn't as sharp as you think it is.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (isolation #40) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by Setael »

So do you, but I think you do it intentionally. I'm tired of all the unwarranted suspicion, so I guess I should alter my play style. I think my problem is that when I'm town, I don't avoid saying or making votes that might look scummy. I should probably try harder to look protown.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (isolation #41) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by Setael »

Yeah, the problem is you claim power roles you don't have and lie about your abilities when you're town. I'm not perfect, but you're the last one who should be criticizing me for it.

Why is erg0 high on your list? Just for his Peers suspicion, or do you have other reasons?

What do you think of Panzer and Jordan? And IH?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (isolation #42) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by Setael »

I'm not talking about this game. I'm talking about your play in previous games, Egypt in particular. This game is starting to feel like Peril in Panama all over again.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (isolation #43) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Setael »

I think you're both wrong about TS. She is very likely town.

I would like to hear more from erg0, but I see nothing to suspect him for other than the fact that he was wrong about Peers. If you have more than that on him, please share it with the class.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1538 (isolation #44) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Setael »

That's helpful.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1540 (isolation #45) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:14 am

Post by Setael »

Come get me when you're about to lynch [ME] again so I can say I-told-you-so.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (isolation #46) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Setael »

ABR wrote:I want to lynch anyone who isn't as obviously town as Panzer.
I'd very much like to know your reason for thinking Panzer is obvtown.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1575 (isolation #47) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Setael »

Hey ABR, are you and MoS getting married?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1578 (isolation #48) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by Setael »

unvote, vote: erg0
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1581 (isolation #49) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Setael »

erg0 wrote:I still have that bad feeling about BM. He's been mega-hoppy, and has gone so far as to completely switch camps on at least two wagons so far.
Hmm... that applies to me in this game a lot more than BM, I think. Why didn't you accuse me of that as well, or instead even? Afraid to draw negative attention with anything that might be called OMGUS?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (isolation #50) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by Setael »

Thanks for replacing.

I'm leaning town on IH, but it's largely based on my other suspicions. I think jordan and panzer are both scummy, and they're the 2 players IH presented good cases on when he entered the game. Didn't feel like distancing - felt legitimate. Other than that, IH's play in this game has been on par with how I've seen him play as town in other games. I have not played with him as scum though, so I hardly have a solid meta on him.

Bottom line is, I've seen no reason to think IH is scum.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (isolation #51) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Setael »

unvote

The way I see it, if erg0 was scum, he'd be perfectly happy with the town talking about Quag all day. I think I need to look elsewhere.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1620 (isolation #52) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Setael »

Xylthixlm wrote:I don't really see anything we can do other than start lynching lurkers. Any suggestions on who should go first?
vote: JordanA24

This one's not a purely lurker lynch. He's scum. I would also vote Panzer, but I prefer Jordan..

mod: Can we get prods on Sir Tornado, JordanA24, IH, YagamiLight, Panzerjager, and schizmatized?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (isolation #53) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by Setael »

hasdfgas wrote:Or, possibly, we could look for something besides your false dilemma and lynch someone like zu_faul or jordan, both of which have also been scummy.
Hey hasdfgas - what do you think is scummy about jordan? And if there are people you find scummy, why aren't you voting anyone?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1738 (isolation #54) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Setael »

jordan wrote:
setael wrote:
hasdf wrote:Or, possibly, we could look for something besides your false dilemma and lynch someone like zu_faul or jordan, both of which have also been scummy.
Hey hasdfgas - what do you think is scummy about jordan? And if there are people you find scummy, why aren't you voting anyone?
I may have the wrong end of the stick with the underlined part, but why are you asking what's scummy about me when you're currently voting me?
Bad form, Jordan. My question to him has nothing to do with what I think or why I find you scummy. I'm asking him what HE THINKS is scummy about you since he said you've "been scummy" but hasn't stated what he finds scummy about you.
jordan wrote: I'm quite suspicious of hasd, but I think this is stretching quite a bit, for the reasons Xyl outlined in Post 1709.
Same question for you. Why are you suspicious of hasd?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (isolation #55) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Setael »

If hadf is our cop and he investigated the claimed doc last night, I give up. Town has no chance when our best power roles don't know what the hell they're doing.

He also shouldn't have outed himself so obviously, whatever he is. If he is town, I'm officially annoyed.

I'm really hoping he's scum at this point and that we have a real cop out there who will actually be useful.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1748 (isolation #56) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Setael »

I have a theory, but I don't know if it's wise to say it at this point. Anything I can think of still leads to hasdf, if protown, having outed himself unnecessarily. So I'm still annoyed.

I don't think hasdf is the lynch for today. I think he's being wagoned to get a full claim out of him. I don't see any way his statements can be reconciled with him being scum. I agree with Bookitty about that and therefore find this statement weird:
Boo wrote:Don't get me wrong, I still think Hasdgfas is the right lynch... I'm just saying, I think there's a pretty big hole in this argument, because it depends on Hasd doing something I don't think scum would do.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1752 (isolation #57) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Setael »

DGB wrote:Hasdagas is probably nervous that he might have been tracked doing the nightkill, he's trying to explain it away, he realizes he betrayed his knowledge that Peers had resisted the NK. Or he wants to use the "information" he had about Peer's temporary un-NK'ability to fake an investigative role. But it can only be a fake.

Boo wrote:Setael, do you really think Hasd would have believed in the possibility of a NK-immune doctor? Doesn't that seem REALLY improbable to you?

I agree with both of these quotes. The only way hasdf's actions/posts makes sense to me is if

A) He's scum
B) He's very inexperienced, not very bright town that I will be so annoyed ended up with a power role and botched it this badly.

Has anyone played with him before? Do we know if he's played enough mafia that he should know better?

And I agree with erg0, I'd like a claim and I'd like him to talk more so we can figure out if it's A or B.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (isolation #58) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Setael »

I believe him. I take it the scum did not choose to NK peers and his death was caused by hasdf. I suppose you could blame a teeny bit of hasdf's error on the mod neglecting to correctly announce night kills, but imo he still should've kept quiet about it. How does it help the town for us to know someone targeted peers? It gives no info and unnecessarily outs hasdf.

So it's B.

No offense, hasdf, but there was no reason for you to out yourself the way you did at the beginning of today, and then more obviously recently.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1800 (isolation #59) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Setael »

Xylthixlm wrote:Erg0 fails to get the memo, and assumes that hasdgfas must be an info role just like DGB and TS did.

First conclusion: Many people fail at metagaming Shanba.
Second conclusion: DGB, TS, and Erg0 first assumed that hasdgfas was claiming an info role, and then tried to lynch him before he could claim.

FoS: DGB, TS, Erg0

Now I need to figure out which of those three we should lynch first.
I agree with this, but I'm going to have to go with erg0.
Xylthixlm wrote:Post 1694: Bookitty, TS, schizmatized are voting hasdgfas. (3/8 to lynch)
Post 1727: vollkan votes hasdgfas. (4/8)
Post 1729: hasdgfas offers to claim.
Post 1751: Erg0 votes hasdgfas. (5/8)
Post 1753: hasdgfas claims.
Post 1756: Erg0 unvotes. (4/8)
Post 1781: vollkan unvotes. (3/8)
Post 1791: TS unvotes. (2/8)

Erg0 is right about his vote. TS's "I don't even want a claim" and "The only thing saving Hasdagas' bovine behind is the breadcrumb." really reek of scum to me.

unvote Erg0, vote Toaster Strudel
I would not expect scum to stay on hasd's wagon after he claimed. Looking over those posts, TS looks like the townie who has nothing to lose and isn't guarding her words, while erg0 looks like cautious scum.

unvote, vote: erg0
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1819 (isolation #60) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Setael »

vollkan wrote:In light of TS's Scumputer results, I am going to do up an analysis of BM.
Three cheers for this post, whether vollkan is scum or town. It drives me crazy that TS takes her scumputer results as gospel without bothering to do any analysis or make a case. I don't think it's scummy, it's just TS.

I've seen her pinpoint townies with this, and I've also been on scum teams where scum manages to stay entirely off a townie wagon, so I don't put much store in her vote breakdowns.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1821 (isolation #61) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:10 am

Post by Setael »

I'm focusing more on the "not particularly reliable" part.

Does anyone have a decent meta read on erg0? Post 1812 struck me as really scummy.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1831 (isolation #62) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:56 am

Post by Setael »

I've got a weird gut feeling Spambot is scum. No reasoning will be provided until he gives some.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1836 (isolation #63) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by Setael »

Spambot wrote:
Setael wrote:I've got a weird gut feeling Spambot is scum. No reasoning will be provided until he gives some.
Yeah, this post is sarcastic and antagonistic, which seems out of character.
Maybe you don't know me as well as you think ;)
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (isolation #64) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Setael »

I'll be out of town all weekend. Don't know if I'll have access.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1978 (isolation #65) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Setael »

Spambot wrote:Setael - I have not seen any aggressiveness from her, and she led the town in a mini I was in. Her posts have been short, and her most recent one was just her saying she wasn't posting. I think that can be more scummy that simply not posting at all, because it shows she is concerned about how we are perceiving her.
Are you really trying to paint me as scummy for posting that I would be out of town for the weekend without access?

Also, you are making unbalanced comparisons. In that dead people have powers game you're referring to, I was put into the position of transporter and anyone with that role would "lead the town". I don't think you should base a meta read on one game where I had a leadership role.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1985 (isolation #66) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Setael »

spambot wrote:You were more or less chosen for that role, so I really don't think you are being completely truthful here. It's a minor point against you anyway, but it's still a point.
I don't understand what you're saying. I do understand that you're subtly accusing me of lying, which I don't appreciate. Please explain what you think it changes that I was chosen for that role. I really don't understand what point you think you have on me.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1990 (isolation #67) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Setael »

Spambot, I had a leadership role in that game. Read the rest of my games where I've come up town. I have never "led" the town in any other game the way I did in that Dead People Have Powers game. That's what I'm saying. Don't base your meta that I "tend to lead when I'm town" on one game where I had a leadership role.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2027 (isolation #68) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Setael »

I still think erg0 is scum. It's hard to come up with a case since he doesn't really provide content, so I guess it's more gut than anything.

I'll be out of town again until Tuesday - this time for sure no access.

unvote

See you guys Tuesday.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2044 (isolation #69) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Setael »

Spambot wrote:Why did you unvote here?
Because I knew I'd be gone for 4 days and I've seen quick lynches happen in less time. Erg0 hasn't claimed, so I'd rather not sit on his wagon while I'm away just in case.

Now that I'm back my first choice is erg0 but I'm perfectly willing to pressure BM to come play with us.

vote: BM
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2060 (isolation #70) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Setael »

unvote

I no longer feel good about a BM vote.

vote: erg0
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2072 (isolation #71) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Setael »

I'm just keeping my vote on the one person I feel is scummiest. erg0 has given and continues to give no content other than dropping in to prove he's lurking in plain sight every now and then. BM's last few posts have not felt like scum posts to me, and I actually agree that Bookitty's play is really different in this game than I've seen from her as town. And I don't really buy the excuses she made in 2064.

Here's a list for everyone who's getting riled up because I'm voting erg0.

Scum

erg0
JordanA24
Panzerjager
Bookitty

Town

Xylthixlm
hasdfgas
Vollkan
Toaster Strudel

Somewhere in between
(I would vote any of these to secure a lynch but would prefer a lynch of anyone listed under Scum)
Battle Mage
schismatized
Zu_Faul
Spambot
IH
YagamiLight

(Preview edit after seeing Boo's last post) I hope Bookitty doesn't ask to be replaced, but I don't think it's a town tell for her that she's letting things get personal.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2077 (isolation #72) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Setael »

Bookitty wrote:In the one game where you saw me get upset enough to lurk for a while due to someone's persistent trolling, I was town, was I not, Setael?
Can you remind me what game that was? I believe you, I've just forgotten and need to look it up.

By the way, I'm starting to think everyone TS ever thinks is scum is actually town and I don't really want to support any wagons she's pushing. This is probably affecting my read on BM. I'll try not to be influenced by that and make an independent decision on BM after he posts some analysis.

(Preview edit. I don't think BM is scum.)
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2088 (isolation #73) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:45 am

Post by Setael »

I don't like that last vote. I think it's far too easy for scum to hide behind TS.

unvote, vote: zu_faul
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (isolation #74) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Setael »

Maybe the main wagon should BE zu_faul. Who says it has to STAY schis? Are we under some kind of imminent deadline I'm not aware of? Because you sure are acting like it.

schis' last few posts sound a lot like bored, apathetic town. While this is my least favorite kind of townie, it's still likely a townie. i don't see scum drawing this kind of negative attention to themselves, and when townies do it, it makes it easy for scum to get them lynched. Scum is unlikely to be the first one to jump on it (TS took that upon herself) but scum IS likely to hide behind a townie doing it (that'd be zu_faul). So that's where my vote is going.

Until there is an imminent deadline, I will be voting the player I find scummiest rather than just being self conscious about making sure I'm "on wagon" like so many of you seem to think I should.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (isolation #75) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:54 am

Post by Setael »

Why do you want to lynch schis, xyl? Just because he's making annoying 1-liners, or do you actually think he's scum? What do you think of zu_faul?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (isolation #76) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:54 am

Post by Setael »

I'd call that last one an annoying 1-liner. You must be scum!
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2102 (isolation #77) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Setael »

Does Zu_Faul have a split personality in this game, or was that an accident?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2108 (isolation #78) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Setael »

Because I think schis is town, rather than a modkill, I'd like to request he be replaced.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2116 (isolation #79) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Setael »

Really, TS? Have you been reading the thread?
Setael really not very long ago (post 2090) wrote:schis' last few posts sound a lot like bored, apathetic town. While this is my least favorite kind of townie, it's still likely a townie. i don't see scum drawing this kind of negative attention to themselves, and when townies do it, it makes it easy for scum to get them lynched. Scum is unlikely to be the first one to jump on it (TS took that upon herself) but scum IS likely to hide behind a townie doing it (that'd be zu_faul). So that's where my vote is going.

erg0 wrote:I'd rather have Schis modkilled than lynched, it would be an awful waste of the town's resources to waste a lynch on someone who's just not going to play the game.
Not surprising considering if he's town a modkill would be the optimum play for scum. Why not try to replace him? I've replaced into longer threads. How do you feel about having ALL the lurkers replaced, erg0? I'd almost throw you in that mix, but you conveniently pop in to post minimal content every now and then.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2118 (isolation #80) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Setael »

That's not gonna happen. If you're not replaced or modkilled, more than one of us will just abandon this game.
mod wrote:Edited - you know guys, this game would be more fun if you didn't keep insulting each other. At least half the replacements in this game requested replacement - that ought to tell you something.

I'll send a PM to MeMe about it to discuss the best course of action.

Shanba
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2129 (isolation #81) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Setael »

You killed the game in the sense that no one wants to play until you're replaced.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2132 (isolation #82) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:45 am

Post by Setael »

I'd be shocked if schis is scum and I want him replaced, not lynched or modkilled (unless ALL lurkers are also modkilled giving us more of a chance to also eliminate scum). I agree that scum will try to push his lynch. I thought about voting vollkan here, but i think he's town.

Let's lynch erg0 or zu faul instead. vollkan? what say you?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2141 (isolation #83) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Setael »

But we CAN wait for the replacement or modkill the mod has said is coming. In the meantime, I think we should lynch someone who is scummy rather than someone who is annoying, unhelpful and lurkery.

Everyone on the schis wagon please anwer these questions:

1)Do you think schis is scum, or do you just want him out of the game?
2)What info do we gain from his lynch?
3)If he comes up town, do you think you should be suspected for pushing such an easy wagon, or do you think you should all be let off the hook because he was annoying?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2147 (isolation #84) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:56 am

Post by Setael »

mod wrote:Edited - you know guys, this game would be more fun if you didn't keep insulting each other. At least half the replacements in this game requested replacement - that ought to tell you something.

I'll send a PM to MeMe about it to discuss the best course of action.

Shanba
I would like to hear from the mod sooner rather than later, but I'm willing to wait until they decide what to do. I do not think it's protown to push a schism lynch at this point. If he's town, scum can hide on the wagon knowing townies will get on just because they're annoyed and there will never be any repercussions for any of them. If he's scum, we won't be able to draw any connections from it either because so many of the votes are baseless.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2149 (isolation #85) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Setael »

Yeah... why lynched instead of replaced xyl? Do you think he's scum or do you just, like me, want him out of the game?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2152 (isolation #86) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:29 am

Post by Setael »

Here's your grounds for being replaced schis:
schis wrote:f--- off TS g-- d--- sh-- mother f------ c--- licker. all these d--- s--- c---- gonna kill my sickle-celled negro a--.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2155 (isolation #87) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Setael »

Can we at least get a replacement to claim for him? They wouldn't even have to read the thread - just claim his role. It'd really bite if he's a protown power role.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (isolation #88) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Setael »

Not true, TS. We hadn't heard from the mod. There was still a chance of replacement or mass modkill. I almost hope schis turns up town so you people will finally see the light about how scummy erg0 is being this game.

Oh, and TS - I think I've told you this before, but I think you make it way too easy for scum to hide behind you.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2180 (isolation #89) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Setael »

Flameaxe is the greatest.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum