Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:26 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay, I completed my read of this game. The policy lynch thing of Toaster Strudel was undeserved, in my view. Mastermind of Sin doggedly clinging to this explanation that, yes, he WAS policy lynching her, but now he's voting her for another reason... that's not very convincing. I realise it might be true, but it's just not very convincing. Choosing Toaster Strudel as the target for a policy lynch in THIS game seems really odd to me, in any case.

The not-reading-the-role-PM fiasco:
hasdgfas wrote:Him not reading his role PM doesn't mean he's wasting anyone's time. If he's scum, it's a great play because then he's hard to read. If he's town, he can just play as a townie and not worry about any possible power role that he has. The reason our time is being wasted is because everyone's making such a big deal over this.
This is nonsense. It's a form of cheating, in my opinion. If he's scum, he's not giving any tells in a game where such tells are the only evidence we have to go on. It's not "hard to read", it's impossible. And hasdgfas, do you really think he just played as a townie and helped the town? Do you think he was scumhunting? What do you think Quagmire did that was useful to town? Do you think that Mafia would be playable if everyone followed Quagmire's example in this, or winnable for town? (And don't say, "oh, but they won't," because you're suggesting it as a great play for scum and a decent play for town, so you are ADVOCATING it, hasdgfas. If it's such a brilliant move by Quagmire, we should all do it, right? Except that's not how Mafia is supposed to be played.)

I don't see any reason why someone would regard not reading one's role PM as a pro-town action and defend it, especially in light of Quagmire's actual actions, which included quoting from another ongoing game in this thread to justify a policy lynch, trailing MoS's logic, and pretty much nothing that was useful to town. Quagmire is wrong, and what he's doing is against the spirit of the game. You, hasdgfas, are defending something that is detrimental to town and that in practice, in this game, was extremely anti-town. And I don't see a good reason for you to do that, unless Quagmire is town, and you are scum buddying up.

unvote; vote hasdgfas
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:25 am

Post by Bookitty »

Defending your stupid actions is equivalent to defending a newbie's idea to have a first day no-lynch. "But wait, that seems pro-town, because then we wouldn't lynch a townie!" It SOUNDS good, but it doesn't hold up. Hasdgfas is arguing that your actions were pro-town. They were not. They were pro-YOU. Now, his arguing that doesn't make YOU scum, though you may be. But it does make HIM scummy for arguing it.

You're going against the entire point of Mafia by not reading your role PM, Quagmire. Paint it how you like, but it's something intended to give you an advantage over other players. If not, why do it? And if everyone followed suit, would this game be MORE fun, or less so?

I'm sorry you don't like the discussion here, in this thread. You brought it up yourself, under no pressure to do so. If you didn't want the discussion, why bring it up?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Bookitty »

Agreed, with the caveat that I still think hasdgfas is scummier.

I'd like to see this claim too.

unvote; vote Quagmire
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Bookitty »

Quagmire volunteered the information that he didn't read his role PM. No one asked him, no one forced it from him. Here's the post in which he did so:
Quagmire wrote:
Toaster Strudel wrote:
Panzerjager wrote:I think Quag is scum
Me too. But Quag not worth arguing with. Quag is at the top of the list of any vig worth his salt.
I could be mafia. I don't know. I haven't looked at my role yet.
So claiming to be distracted from scumhunting because of a situation Quagmire brought upon himself UNPROVOKED, and then arguing that his actions in THIS game should be discussed elsewhere, and not in THIS game, is a nonsensical argument. If Quagmire didn't want to have this discussion, then why bring it up? I think he wanted to distract town with EXACTLY this discussion.

Additionally, posting a quote from an ongoing game in order to support a policy lynch in this one is generally, in my experience, against the rules.

But for those who are arguing that Quagmire not reading his role PM is good, because we gained a townie for the day, I'd like them to list the pro-town, helpful things that Quagmire has done. Because I'm not seeing any, myself.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Bookitty »

Mastermind of Sin:

How do you feel about Quagmire joining you in your policy lynch, and quoting from another game in which he apparently also joined you there? Do you still feel your original "policy lynch" vote was justified for the reasons you gave?

Do you agree with policy lynches in general of players who are unhelpful and make the game less fun? Are you generally in favour of other kinds of policy lynches?

Do you now feel it was a mistake to try to "policy lynch" Toaster Strudel near the start of the game?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:56 am

Post by Bookitty »

Bookitty wrote:Mastermind of Sin:

How do you feel about Quagmire joining you in your policy lynch, and quoting from another game in which he apparently also joined you there? Do you still feel your original "policy lynch" vote was justified for the reasons you gave?

Do you agree with policy lynches in general of players who are unhelpful and make the game less fun? Are you generally in favour of other kinds of policy lynches?

Do you now feel it was a mistake to try to "policy lynch" Toaster Strudel near the start of the game?
I still want to hear MoS's answers to these questions.

I enjoy playing with you, TS, and I don't agree with the policy lynch on a personal level. That said, I haven't found MoS to be unreasonable and unable to admit he was wrong about something, so our experiences vary there.

I say, let him answer for himself.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Bookitty »

We will never speak of this again, ABR.
-laughing-
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:20 am

Post by Bookitty »

IH:

Do you feel that not reading your role pm is a greater benefit to a townie, or to a scum? Is there a danger in giving off "townie" vibes? If it is such a benefit to the town for someone not to read their role PM day one, then should we all be doing that? What would be the effect on day one interactions and the information that could be derived from it during that day and subsequent days, if no one read their role PM day one and just interacted without role information?

Can you provide examples of Quag being "logical town"? Do you feel his quoting of another game in order to support MoS's policy lynch to be pro-town? What are some pro-town things he has done?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Bookitty »

Ever read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, ABR?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:32 am

Post by Bookitty »

Yep. Really loved that book.

Nice, Strudel :)

And I do want IH to answer my questions, so I'm going to stop here. :)
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Bookitty »

It's a tree with old-growth fungus on it, AFAIK.

And Ramp, it's about the difference between teaching someone what to think, and teaching someone how to think. It is the difference between thought processes that have qualities, and thought processes that ARE quality. It deals with a lot of ancient philosophy (not just Zen) and it explores what the real purpose of education is. In a way, it's about what you do with your life when you don't get a role PM at all.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:48 am

Post by Bookitty »

Quagmire wrote:First off, let me just say that I've had to spend about half of this game so far trying to defend myself and the reasons in which I didn't read my role PM. In other words, it's absolutely absurd and ridiculous to try and cite "the pro-town things that I've done since I've read my role PM." I've spent the entire effing time posting rebuttals to idiots like TS to effectively do anything town. In other words, everybody's trying to reach to make arguments on me. Do you think it's because people don't like me? Hmm.
You are fully aware that not reading your role PM is controversial to say the least and that the tactic is far more helpful to scum trying to go undetected than to town. You brought it up yourself. It has nothing to do with not liking you personally, and making an appeal to emotion over something that you know to be controversial and that you should be aware will create argument (and you did bring it up without provocation) and then complaining about it is quite illogical.
Quagmire wrote:With all that said, I've tried looking for scum. I really have; I think TS is scum and I'm really certain that Bookitty's come and either policy-voted me (something that would make her a hypocrite) or come and joined this bandwagon which looks like it would go places (which would make her scum, because it was really stupidly done). I'm eager to learn which one it is.
OMGUS much? How would my policy voting you, if I actually had done so, make me a hypocrite exactly? I'd like to see quotes supporting this.
Quagmire wrote:Sorry, but...are you stupid? Why in the world would I do that if I'm scum, knowing that I'll be getting the blunt of all of the negative attention in the world? If I was down, why would I try to distract the town from anything?
I thought you said you hadn't read your role PM then, and thus wouldn't know if you were scum or not? Don't you mean "Why in the world would I do that if I had not yet read my role PM?" Or are you now arguing that you lied originally when you said you hadn't read it at that time?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Bookitty »

Psychological experiments, Ramp. Who do you THINK I'm talking to? And how does that relate to how you feel about your mother?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:07 am

Post by Bookitty »

The issue for me is not that Quagmire did not read his PM. I dislike the idea of that, but I see no means of preventing people from practicing this tactic, regardless of how against the spirit of Mafia I personally might find it. If someone is determined enough, they'll just have a friend read their role PM and answer for them, while remaining ignorant of it themselves.

The issue is that Quagmire announced this to the game, while under no pressure. Toaster Strudel accused him of being scum, and that was his response. He deliberately brought it up when the most recent vote count looked like this:
JDodge wrote:
Vote Count:
5: Peers
(hasdgfas, Mert, Erg0, schismatized, Sikario8)
4: MoS
(JordanA24, Yosarian2, Battle Mage, TS)
3: Sikario8
(Neo-Viper9, Sir Tornado, Kscope)
2: Toaster Strudel
(Quagmire, ABR)
1: JordanA24
(Elmo)
1: Kscope
(Zu_Faul)
1: Quagmire
(Panzerjager)

Not voting:
Peers

Don't mind me, backup mod just passing on through...
Peers voted for Sikario right after this vote count and before Quagmire's statement. Now, why did Quagmire choose this time to reveal that he hadn't read his role PM? Later on, he says:
Quagmire wrote:Sorry, but...are you stupid? Why in the world would I do that if I'm scum, knowing that I'll be getting the blunt of all of the negative attention in the world? If I was down, why would I try to distract the town from anything?
And he has a point. But that point is also valid if he's town. Why on earth would town want to distract the rest of the town with a long discussion about the role-pm controversy? Quagmire can't pretend that he didn't know this was a controversial topic, that it would derail the current wagons, and that it would divert suspicion from people who were already being considered as possible lynches at that time. So the question becomes, why would a neutral Quagmire want to get "the blunt of all of the negative attention in the world?" If he truly had not read his role PM, why would he choose to announce it (and he did CHOOSE to do so. No one asked him) and distract town with it, when it appeared we were nearing a lynch?

I think it's likely Quagmire is scum. I think that one of his scumbuddies was under pressure, and that Quagmire is counting on our thinking "Oh, Quag always plays like this" to excuse his anti-town behaviour and avoid being lynched himself. So if Quagmire comes up scum, as I think likely, I'm going to be taking a hard look at the people under pressure when he made his original non-reading claim.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Yosarian, what's your opinion of my post 1003?

You at one point stated that if Quagmire had not read his role PM, he was acting "pure town". Can you support that statement with any actions that Quagmire has taken that seem especially townie to you?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hey boo, how old are you ? Just like that.
Is this a slam at my posting style? ;)
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I'm not certain why Yosarian is ignoring the case against Quagmire. I'm not sure why anyone would believe that, in the event that Quagmire did NOT read his role PM (something I seriously doubt, based on the timing of his revelation) that Quagmire is thus acting as a pure townie and out to help the town.

If you were playing the first day without certainty of your alignment, for whatever reason, that would NOT make you town. It would make you neutral. You'd be hedging your bets, playing for yourself, watching the town and keeping your observations to yourself. You would not be revealing scum, because you might be one. You would not be making cases against people who might be your scumbuddy, your mason buddy, whoever... you would be playing as cautiously as you could and waiting for the information that would make your observations make sense. You surely wouldn't reveal those suspicions.

So this whole argument about how Quagmire is playing for the town is nonsense from the start, in my view. But I do think he's read his role PM. I think he slipped up, and now he's gone quiet, and Yosarian is talking about lurker lynches and making accusations of other people.

It doesn't look good. But I will wait for a response to my question before I draw any conclusions.

And, yours, Ramp.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1034 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Yosarian, I'm trying to ascertain exactly why you are unwilling to vote Quagmire.

You'd stated earlier, explaining your defense of Panzer, that "Panzer made a bunch of posts that sounded logical to me, he was basically making more sense then I usually hear from him, and it gave me good vibes about him. (shrug) Nothing huge, but enough for a few pages into the game" but now you're saying that "he's been acting incredibly scummy all game".

I don't think (I could be wrong) that you're defending Quagmire because he's your scumbuddy. I doubt anyone would be that obvious. But I do find your defense of him odd, and your statements regarding Panzerjager are contradictory.

The point of my post 1003 is that the timing of Quagmire's statement doesn't make any sense unless he was deliberately trying to distract from something. Do you agree or disagree with that analysis? Why would town bring up such a controversial subject while under no real pressure, and with no real provocation, in your view?

Ramp: We'll discuss it later.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I'd support a Peers or Sikario lynch, based on my theory about why Quagmire brought up his role PM at that time. Of the two I prefer to lynch Peers, because on a reread he seems pretty scummy throughout the game.

Ramp, looking at my commentary and votes during this game, do you really need to ask? 'Snot even a question, really.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:24 am

Post by Bookitty »

The quote that's currently troubling me is this, Yosarian:
Quagmire wrote:Sorry, but...are you stupid?
Why in the world would I do that if I'm scum
, knowing that I'll be getting the blunt of all of the negative attention in the world? If I was down, why would I try to distract the town from anything?
I had been more or less default-assuming, previous to this, that Quagmire hadn't read his role PM. Yet right there he says, "Why in the world would I do that if I'm scum", which is supposedly information he wouldn't have had yet when he did it. So why word it like that? The quote above seems to try to say (paraphrased) "I knew I was not scum when I claimed that I didn't know my alignment." Which means something there is a lie.

Peers: I do not think TS was seriously accusing Ramp or myself of being scum.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Bookitty »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I think you're reaching here. The more obvious assumption is that the reply was subliminally based off the fact that the people attacking him assumed he was lying about not reading his role pm. When you look at it from that point of view, his reply makes perfect sense. The fact that you are stretching to try and fit everything he does into a negative light does not make me feel better about your attacks on him.
The more obvious assumption is one that requires subliminal psychological analysis?

Isn't the more obvious assumption that he just screwed up and said something scummy?

I don't think it's a huge leap of logic to look at what he said and see that something isn't right with it. Anyway, wouldn't it be more useful if HE explained it, rather than you providing psychoanalysis on it?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1088 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Bookitty »

By the way, that quote you keep quoting as Setael's is mine. Though I believe she and I agree on its content, and so I don't mind if she wants it.

unvote; vote hasdgfas
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:46 am

Post by Bookitty »

Quagmire wrote:Think, for a minute, that you're Bookitty. You just replaced into a game where you replaced a lurker that nobody paid attention to. You see that there is a wagon on Quagmire, which has the town pretty much split in half in terms of who's on it and who's off.

Let's think now that you're Bookitty and you're scum. Again, just hypothetically -- I'm not assuming anything. What should you do? You might get persecuted if you're on one side and you end up being wrong -- especially if you just waltz into the game and bandwagon somebody and shut up. That's a risk that I know as scum I wouldn't be willing to take.

What should you do, now? Trying to pin myself into that scenario, I'd try and craft a case on somebody else so that I don't have to take a side and it still looks like I'm participating genuinely. I wouldn't be brainlessly on one side, where I could be totally off-base and persecuted for it and yet still not aloof. There was a murmur or two about ashdfahg before Bookitty posted, but let's be honest -- the discussion was focused on whether or not I'm scum or lying or not or whatever.

That could be reaching a bit. But when you consider that she should have persecuted me for everything -- because if you consider her logic and reasons, she should have attacked me for exactly what she attacked hasdfhag for (that's what my post was about). The fact that she went for someone who wasn't me in this case screams out to me that she's scum. That's my case, and sorry if I didn't state it well enough earlier.
You've claimed, Quagmire, that you make a general practice of not reading your role PMs and apparently of announcing it (but only in one game where you turned out to be scum, which is an odd coincidence). You policy voted someone without reasons, you seemed surprised that people reacted badly to your announcement that you didn't read your role PM (though later you implied that you knew it would attract all sorts of attention to you), and you apparently ALWAYS play like this.

If you always play like this, it's a nulltell. If someone else supports your weird and anti-town behaviour, especially someone whom I feel is a good player, then I'm going to notice that, and wonder why he would make statements that are clearly counter to logic and reason. I'm going to vote him and try to figure out what his motives are.

Do you feel that Hasdgfas is certainly town? What are your reasons for that belief?

Lastly, just because you would do something, it does not follow that I would do the same thing. You didn't read your role PM and announced it to everyone and then acted surprised that this caused a big upset. I wouldn't do something so stupid and against the spirit of the game, so trying to judge my behaviours by yours is not going to get you very far.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (isolation #23) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. I don't agree with Toaster Strudel's tunnel vision on Quagmire. I think he's very likely scum, I don't buy his whole wounded-innocent act about how he had no idea that saying he hadn't read his role PM would cause such a hubbub... but I don't see how haranguing and baiting him is going to do anything but just delay matters further.

I think Peers is likely scum. He's had uneven and inconsistent responses throughout the game. Additionally, I think it's likely we might be able to come to some sort of consensus this century if we stop tunnelling on Quagmire and actually discuss something else.

unvote; vote Peers
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1167 (isolation #24) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I disagree with your case on Jordan, because the level of frustration in this game regarding the entire Quagmire issue has resulted in some pretty odd votes, not just by Jordan.

The entire "policy lynch" debacle followed by the role PM controversy and then the level of anger and vitriol on both sides of this debate have made this thread more a testament to personal hostility than to logic. And I think many of us would welcome a lynch of Quagmire just to put an end to some of that.

I don't read as much into Jordan's vote as you do, because I only replaced into this game recently, and I'm already tired of the argument between Toaster Strudel, MoS and Quagmire. I can't imagine what that would be like for people who have been here and active for the whole thing.

So while ordinarily I'd think your case on Jordan made a great deal of sense, I don't agree in this game.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1193 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:27 am

Post by Bookitty »

Erg0 wrote:I'm pleased that I'm
finally
getting my preferred Day 1 wagon for a change. I have a horrible feeling about what's going to happen at -1, though.
What do you think will happen at -1? Quagmire will claim?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1199 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Bookitty »

Some thoughts on the game so far:

I understand Toaster Strudel's hostility. I do think MoS's original policy vote was unfair, and unjustified, regardless of what other games are ongoing. Quagmire's joining in that policy vote was also apparently based on personal hostility and not on alignment.

MoS has a recurring pattern of defending certain players who have extremely scummy playstyles. ZONEACE springs to mind, and I think a similar thing is going on here with Quagmire. I find this scummy, but in MoS's case it may well be a nulltell. I simply don't know. That said, this:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Also, it's a bit more than just a policy lynch. I don't have fun playing in games with people like that any more. But I have fun playing with most of the rest of you, so I'm not about to replace out. Therefore, I am also voting to eliminate the funsucker from this game.
is WAY over the line. I could make similar arguments in this game for lynching Quagmire, and in other games for lynching ZONEACE and other people as well, people that MoS defends tooth and nail. Alignment DOES matter. I happen to have fun playing with Toaster Strudel (at least when she's not being baited and provoked and made angry every second). So just because YOU don't have fun playing with her doesn't have anything to do with her alignment. If other people voted for ZONEACE because he's abusive and he isn't any fun to play with (both things I find to be true) then you'd be screaming bloody murder about how only his ALIGNMENT matters. So that's a pretty hypocritical argument, in my view.

I find Quagmire scummy in this game. I have no meta read, though, and other people are arguing that he always plays like this. I don't see why so many people would vouch for this, if it's not true. They surely ALL can't be scum. MoS is defending Quagmire and Quagmire is trailing MoS's policy lynch. To my mind they're pretty much buddied up as much as possible. That's a risky proposition if MoS is scum with Quagmire, and the more so if Quagmire wasn't aware of that fact, because the two are linked pretty seriously. I think it's more likely that MoS has some strange personal playstyle policy of defending people with extremely scummy playstyles. I don't think this is a wise policy, but I think it explains a lot. And I think it actually makes it less likely that Quagmire and MoS are scum together.

There was no consensus for lynching Quagmire. A consensus can't be forced. I think Toaster Strudel is angry, and I would be too in her place. I think the behaviours exhibited by MoS and Quagmire toward her are horrendous, and that it is very difficult to get past that fact. But Mafia is a game not just of finding scum, but of building consensuses, and as long as some of the players are playing with personal hostility not related to alignment, it's more difficult for ANYTHING to get done.

Some questions I have:

TS, if neither Quagmire nor MoS are scum, who is your next suspect? Do you think Yosarian and hasdgfas are more likely scum if Quagmire does turn out to be town? If you think we need to lynch someone as soon as possible (which I think you've implied) do you think that there is any consensus to lynch Quagmire at this point? Do you find Peers scummy?

Quagmire, do you think that scum often defend town against a likely lynch in an attempt to pick up townie points? Do you think that policy lynches are in general a good thing?

MoS, did you expect Quagmire to jump on your policy vote and try to lynch TS? Did you approve of that once it happened? Do you regret any of the statements you made in that regard?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (isolation #27) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Bookitty »

Toaster Strudel wrote:I think Yosarian is more likely scum, because maybe he wanted to buddy to read his PM real bad. Maybe. I am beginning to suspect that hasdgfas really didn't understand what was going on. But I may be wrong.
If Quagmire is town, then Yosarian has no vested interest in having him read his role PM other than the same one all of us do, that it's not helpful to town for Quagmire not to read his role PM.

If Quagmire is scum, then MoS and hasdgfas (and Yosarian, I guess, though the linkage is not quite so strong) are unlikely to be his scumbuddies, because they've linked themselves far too closely. (WIFOM, but this is my opinion.) If Quagmire is town, then MoS, hasdgfas, and Yosarian (any or all) may well be scum, because they would be seeking townie points for defending someone who is town. (The reason I voted hasdgfas in the first place, if you recall.)

So I'm not following your logic here. It's less likely they're all scum defending their buddy, not more likely, in my view. I think there's likely scum somewhere in the mix we mentioned, and maybe it is Quagmire, but do you really think that his scumbuddies all rushed to his defense THAT obviously?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1218 (isolation #28) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Bookitty »

Zu Faul, you're aware that Kaleidoscope has only two fewer total posts in this thread than you do?

And that your whole case on KScope is that he's a lurker? Do you feel he's lurking differently than you are? Worse, somehow?

I also get the sense you haven't read a lot of things that happened lately. Have you?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Bookitty »

Zu Faul, can you direct me to your case on KScope, then, please?

I seem to have missed it.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Bookitty »

People I think have a higher than average probability of being scum:

Peers, hasdgfas, zu faul, Quagmire
(reasons for all have been given already, I think)

People I'm undecided about but suspicious of:

MoS (I can't shake the thought that he always plays like this)
Setael (I'm suspicious because of the repeated no-reason-given wagon jumps)

People I think are probably town that other people are expressing suspicion of:

KScope (reasoning: he always plays like this to my knowledge)
Yosarian2 (this one is longer. His being scum depends on Quagmire being scum, I think, and he wagoned Quagmire to L-1, a risky move if he didn't intend to bus him, which clearly he didn't, therefore, probably not scum)

I'd wagon any of the four people first listed in order to get a lynch. I think any of the four are a safe bet.

Questions, refutations, defenses and demands for evidence are always welcomed.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (isolation #31) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Bookitty »

I have no preference among my top four suspicions particularly. Quagmire nets us the most information regardless of his alignment, due to the amount of content regarding him specifically, and I think Peers and Quagmire are both more likely to be scum than KScope, so, sure.

unvote; vote Quagmire
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:19 am

Post by Bookitty »

@Setael: Is this question open, or do you want TS's response specifically?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (isolation #33) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Bookitty »

Toaster Strudel wrote:Let me supply some fine French wine:

I hate WIFOM arguments.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1288 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Bookitty »

The reasoning is this:

Quagmire made an indefensible statement about not reading his role PM. I think (opinions may vary) that there is no pro-town reason not to read your role PM. I think that Quagmire himself has even stipulated to the fact that you are at best neutral when you don't know your role.

Some people defended him with pretty shaky arguments (hasdgfas, for one) and others took a more measured approach. But just about everyone weighed in. If Quagmire is scum, and we know this, then we can make informed decisions about whether or not scum would defend scum so openly, and that would lend a basis for determining the alignment of many other people. We can look at the arguments made on Quagmire's behalf, and evaluate them based on actual knowledge that he was scum and that they defended him in this manner. If Quagmire is town, and we know this, then the same applies. For instance, if Quagmire is town, then his accusation of me for accusing Hasdgfas might look more valid. His statements would be given more weight, as they would be known to be factual and pro-town, at least after the point at which he supposedly read his role PM.

At this point, we don't know anything concrete about the most controversial person in this game. We don't even know if he's actually read his role PM yet, or if he was truthful that he had not in the first place. His contributions have not been very helpful in my view, and his defenders have been rather inconsistent. With knowledge of his alignment, we can evaluate nearly everyone in the game insofar as they interacted with him, and we can judge likely relationships between those people based on their interactions surrounding either Quagscum or Quagtown. In contrast, I think Zu Faul is very likely scum based on his lack of contribution, accusation of someone else for the same thing, and overreaction to what I thought was a pretty reasonable response, but lynching him really does gain us nothing in terms of information.

I hope I've been clear.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1294 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:29 am

Post by Bookitty »

Zu Faul, I put you up as a scummy player because I said that the sole case you'd made on Kaleidoscope was that he was a lurker, and that in fact you were a lurker too. That's hypocrisy. You then called me a liar (implying that you had made a case against him that didn't involve lurking), and I asked you to direct me to the case you had made against him, then. You still have not done that.

Making a hurried case now doesn't justify calling me a liar then, and I'm still waiting for you to show me where your previous case on Kaleidoscope (other than being a lurker) has been presented.

I don't know why Toaster Strudel would think you were scummy, but I'm really certain of why I think so.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341 (isolation #36) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Erg0 wrote:Obviously, I disagree. Minus the controversy, Peers has a much scummier pattern over the course of the day than Quagmire.
Do you really think you can "minus the controversy", though? I agree with your statement, but I don't think you can just ignore something so major.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (isolation #37) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Peers wrote:A Peers lynch will be bad for the town.

Quad, MoS, and Setael are scum. No proof, just hunch. Unfortunately, my death will be the proof...
Your death will prove Quagmire, MoS and Setael to be scum?

Explain, please?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1360 (isolation #38) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Bookitty »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
Quagmire wrote:See, this is why I policy vote you. You are not helpful to the town.
That can't possibly be the reason. You policy-voted me without ever having played a game with me before.
I got a good laugh out of Quagmire's post though. Since he's such a shining example of "helpful to the town."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1547 (isolation #39) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Bookitty »

I admit my frustration level with this game is pretty high. I was about to post regarding Peers (not in his favour) when he suddenly died and proved my whole idea wrong.

I'm curious to know what people think of Quagmire now. If I were a big believer in nightkill speculation (I'm not usually, but I don't have much to go on in this game otherwise) I would be voting hasdgfas, because the people who were nightkilled were to greater or lesser degrees supporters of Quagmire during the recent day.

So I would ask, for those who think Quagmire is town, what makes you think so?

Ramp, I'll look at Erg0 next.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1548 (isolation #40) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Bookitty »

Toaster Strudel wrote:Right, I'm not discussing enough? I haven't posted enough in this game??? Something the town hasn't done yet??? Were you there yesterday??? Argh!

Oh please yes, put me out of my misery. Let me help you.

vote: TS
Don't do this, TS. The hypocrisy of someone who barely participated at all yesterday and now is criticising those who waded through all that is noted by most of us, I think. I don't think you're scum, so I am not going to be voting you, and I think people who've fully participated in the game probably feel about the same.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1550 (isolation #41) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Okay, I missed that Vollkan replaced Quagmire.

In your reread, Vollkan, can you give your opinion on the timing and reasoning behind Quagmire's "no role PM" reading claim?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (isolation #42) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by Bookitty »

IH wrote:Example:Bookie says she'd prefer a Panzer or Cow lynch. She asks which one (after posting she was certain Quag was scum), and Bookie responds with a vote on Panzer. TS responds by moving her vote to Panzer.
When exactly are you saying this happened? Because I never voted for Panzerjager.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1589 (isolation #43) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I think Setael is probably town. I think she read the situation with Quagmire and his defenders pretty much the same way I did, and I agree with her on Toaster Strudel AND IH, so I think she's showing very sound reasoning. I'd be very surprised if she were scum.

On the other hand, I'm going to do a targeted reread on Battle Mage, because I agree with most of Erg0's points, and I also need to take a close look at Jordan, given what we know about alignments from the night kills, because I think Setael may have been right about him as well.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1597 (isolation #44) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Vollkan wrote:Book asks anyone who thinks Quag is town to explain why - I find this interesting since it is akin to flipping the onus of proof. It implies that "Quag = Scum" is the null hypothesis.
Hmmm, that was not my intent. I think a lot of people viewed Quagmire as an obvious lynch target, and it was my bet that some scum hoped to gain townie points by defending some pretty indefensible behaviour on Quag's part (which makes him more likely to be town, a comment I believe I made to TS at one point). Quagmire may or may not have known his role, but it's certain that the (other?) scum knew it, regardless of which way the card flipped. I thought some pretty shoddy arguments were made defending Quagmire's not reading his role PM. I pointed them out at the time.

It is more telling to examine the reasoning of those who defended him, in my view, than to question you regarding Quagmire's actions (though I did that too). You can't very well defend his actions regarding his role PM, since you state you don't agree with them. So I was looking for more information from the people who WERE defending his actions, hasdgfas especially.

And if I didn't say so before, THANK YOU, Vollkan, for replacing into this game.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1599 (isolation #45) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by Bookitty »

The posts that I was mainly thinking of, Vollkan, are these:
hasdgfas wrote:If he is scum, it is more pro-town, because he'll be scum-hunting just like the rest of us, so we might have one extra townie for at least a day.
hasdgfas wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:Quag, it may be helpful for you not to read your Role PM, but it seriously disadvantages the rest of us, since you don't know what your alignment is on Day 1, and, if you're scum, you don't know who your buddies are, that makes all of your posts on Day 1 completely useless for trying to find your alignment/possible scumbuddies. Even if you're town, it disadvantages the town, because now, everybody's talking about you not reading your Role PM, rather than discussing about who's scum, it just wastes time and clogs the thread, and puts unnecessary pressure on yourself.
I say we not worry about Quagmire's role PM at this point because as you say, it is what we're talking about instead of scum-hunting. We can try to find scumtells the same way as we do every game, except that one player doesn't know his role. This gives us an advantage because he's playing as a townie. If he changes his playstyle significantly tomorrow, or again says that he didn't read his role PM, we can lynch him then, but right now, he's on our side, no matter what his role PM says.
hasdgfas wrote:
Bookitty wrote:But for those who are arguing that Quagmire not reading his role PM is good, because we gained a townie for the day, I'd like them to list the pro-town, helpful things that Quagmire has done. Because I'm not seeing any, myself.
When I was defending his actions, I was stating that if we didn't jump all over him for not reading his PM or if he didn't announce it, we would, in theory, have a townie. Maybe he didn't do anything pro-town. In that case, we lynch him. However, if, say, mith were to be in a game and hadn't read his role PM during day 1, he would play day 1 as a townie. The action of not reading your role PM is not inherently anti-town, but Quagmire in this case looks more and more anti-town. Not based on that one action, but on the game as a whole.
I found these problematic. What is your view on them?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1601 (isolation #46) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Bookitty »

My point is that Quagmire likely did not know his role, but the scum would have known it. The defense Hasdgfas is making there seems to indicate that he was more than a little certain Quagmire was town. I didn't see anything in Quagmire's behaviour that seemed pro-town, so the premise that Quagmire was behaving as town was not supported. I argued, and I still believe, that if you have not read your role PM, you are NOT acting as town. You are acting neutrally, on behalf of yourself alone. Why would you scumhunt if you thought there was a chance you would catch someone who would turn out to be your buddy? And in fact, I didn't see any evidence that Quagmire was actually scumhunting before he decided to announce he hadn't read his role PM. (I didn't regard his joining MoS in a policy lynch as scumhunting.)

So from my perspective there's no evidence supporting the claim that, in THIS case, Quagmire was acting on behalf of the town. Yet Hasdgfas made these arguments, which in my view ran counter to the evidence, and which to me seem to indicate that Hasd knew Quagmire was town, something Quagmire claimed he himself did not know.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1605 (isolation #47) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Bookitty »

The problem is that you can't separate Quagmire's not-reading-his-role-claim from his other play, because he first made it an issue, and then behaved really erratically because of the drama llama that developed after.

That said, I think my vote was best placed where it was in the first place, after a partial reread, so I'm going to:

unvote; vote: hasdgfas
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1734 (isolation #48) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:51 am

Post by Bookitty »

The only drawback I can see to this (and I'm voting Hasdgfas, so I agree in general with the case against him) is that if Hasd was scum and had targeted Peers, why would he push back against the imminent lynch of Peers? According to his own statements (which may or may not be true) Hasd believed Peers was likely immune to NKs. I've never seen a NK-immune doctor personally, but I suppose it's possible.

But if that's the case, then Hasd-scum would be more likely to push for Peers' lynch, not to defend him. Perhaps Hasd thought it was certain that Peers would be lynched anyway. But it's a small inconsistency, and one I wanted to point out.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1742 (isolation #49) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. If you believe that Hasd is scum, and that he targetted the doctor (Peers) and that Peers survived that (for a little while) and that Hasd knew that Peers was town (though there are possibly two scum groups here, werewolves and Mafia, so I don't know that scum would KNOW that someone was town)...

then, since Hasd couldn't explain why Peers survived... why would he make such statements? Why not let town go ahead and lynch Peers, which might have seemed likely? Hasd-scum, in this scenario, knows his nightkill didn't go through... so he knows that Peers was targeted... so if he can't NK the doc, why not try to lynch him? The doc surviving CAN'T be a good thing for scum.

If I were smart scum in this scenario, and I put in a kill and it didn't work, I would assume "no cross kill" protection, as opposed to "NK-immune doc", and I would push quite hard for Peers' lynch as a member of the opposing scum team that I would then assume existed. It's win win, because then I'd get the townie points for catching scum without losing anyone on my own team.

Tell me how my logic is wrong.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1744 (isolation #50) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Bookitty »

But the action in fact did succeed, and apparently was just the result of a mod error and not a failed night action... so what information would Hasd have received, since the kill did in fact take place?

Don't get me wrong, I still think Hasdgfas is the right lynch... I'm just saying, I think there's a pretty big hole in this argument, because it depends on Hasd doing something I don't think scum would do.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1747 (isolation #51) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 am

Post by Bookitty »

Hmmm, I can't argue this. I think you're right.

I had other reasons for voting him, and thus was voting him already, but... the notion that the first thing you'd assume was that Peers was a NK-immune doctor is sort of farfetched. Plus the thing about a town vig trying to kill the doctor... that's just weird.

I concede, you're right about this.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1749 (isolation #52) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Bookitty »

Setael, do you really think Hasd would have believed in the possibility of a NK-immune doctor? Doesn't that seem REALLY improbable to you?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1835 (isolation #53) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Bookitty »

Spambot: You're aware I replaced into the game? So yeah, I lurked a large part of Day One because I wasn't here. For a while there, it was just me, Albert and TS discussing things, so I'm sure I wasn't a notable lurker at that point.

I've been less active here than I would like, because I was ill and this game is difficult to get a handle on (though Vollkan's replacement into the game has made a HUGE difference to the readability, at least, for me) but I think I've definitely given enough content to make an actual case against me, rather than just slapping a lurker label on and using that as an excuse.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1884 (isolation #54) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by Bookitty »

My meta on Battle Mage argues that he's likely scum.

I don't think Toaster Strudel's vote analysis is foolproof until you have at least one scum identified, so I'm not basing my opinion solely on hers (for instance, I'm not scum, so I'm certain it's not right in that case) but I've seen it be very accurate in a finished game, so I'm not going to dismiss it either.

At this point, I'm pretty sure Vollkan is town, which means that Quagmire was town, which is irritating. But I share Vollkan's suspicions of Zu Faul, and I look forward to his analysis of me.

I apologise for my absence from this game, but I've been fighting with a cold for weeks now and I haven't kept up with things as I should. Trying to catch up now.

unvote; vote Battle Mage
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1895 (isolation #55) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:16 am

Post by Bookitty »

Spambot wrote:What? Why do you think BM is scum? You provide zero actual reasons in this post.
That's absolutely not true. I said my meta on Battle Mage was that he was acting as he does as scum here. You may not like that reason, but it DOES constitute an actual reason. I can't provide you with a meta read on him, sadly, because 1) the games are ongoing, though he's dead and 2) if you haven't done the meta research on him yourself why would you believe me anyway? But knowing how someone acts when they're scum DOES constitute a reason. I didn't call for his lynch, I put a vote on him.

Why are you defending him so strongly, Spambot?
Xylthixlm wrote:
Bookitty wrote:At this point, I'm pretty sure Vollkan is town, which means that Quagmire was town, which is irritating.
Why are you sure vollkan is town?
Nice subtle misquote. I said I was "pretty sure". Vollkan's stated suspicions are about the same as mine, and his analysis of the game is actually helpful.

Did you think Quagmire was scum during your reread, Xylthixlm?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1898 (isolation #56) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Bookitty »

Spambot wrote:Ok, I am pretty sure meta you are scum. You see how that works? I can just say stuff without backing it up, too. Why don't you tell me something scummy BM has done? If you'd just said "hay, he's lurking" then I wouldn't have much of a problem. But you just said "long post, throwaway meta line, vote BM." and that is pretty weak.
If you can show how my play here is consistent with my play as scum elsewhere, fine and good. I welcome that kind of analysis. Since other people in this game do have relevant experience with my playstyle, and indeed of Battle Mage's, and since to my knowledge I've never played with you, I'd be happy to provide you with representative games on which to base a meta. The difference between your example and mine is that I do have a decent meta read on Battle Mage, and you don't have a decent meta read on me. (If I'm mistaken, please feel free to provide that evidence.)

You're arguing that you're "finding town" and then the ones who are left must be scum -- what's your success rate with this method?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (isolation #57) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Bookitty »

Spambot wrote: TS - This is more of a gut read, she is being extremely aggressive and I got a good vibe from several of her posts. I liked the way he went after hagendaas, even though it looks like she was wrong.
What is your feeling on the difference between a meta read on someone and a gut read on someone? Which one is easier to defend oneself against, in your opinion?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1914 (isolation #58) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Bookitty »

Xylthixlm wrote:I meant this one:
Xylthixlm wrote:vollkan, name four players you are reasonably sure are town.
I wanna answer this one! Oooh, pick me!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1917 (isolation #59) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Bookitty »

Spambot wrote:Look, you are completely misunderstanding me. Maybe you have a meta/gut/whatever read on BM and maybe you don't. Giving that as the only reason to vote for somebody that has a wagon on him is scummy. If you think he's scum, go find a couple scummy posts by him for us or explain your read.

Hopping onto a wagon with weak weasons is incredibly scummy, and that's what I'm calling you on right now.
Do you understand why I find it humourous and ironic that you are lecturing me for giving insufficient reason for suspecting or voting someone?

Shouldn't you be finding posts that prove I'm scummy? Or are you just going to repeat the "lurking" accusation until you get someone to believe it?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1923 (isolation #60) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Bookitty »

Spambot wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Vollkan is absolutely 100%
not
trying to seperate scum from town in this game. He needs more votes.

(Hint: We have two mostly-cleared players. Both of them came up at least 50% scum in his list above.)
Who are the mostly cleared players and why are they mostly cleared?
Wow, hey, HERE's a scummy post!

I know the answer to this one too! (Though I disagree on the other one, Xyl. I think it's 60/40, not more.)
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1924 (isolation #61) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Bookitty »

Spambot wrote:EBWOP: Bookitty, why don't you tell me who your top 3 picks for scum are?
You. Battle Mage. Zu Faul.

Thanks for asking!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1929 (isolation #62) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Bookitty »

Spambot wrote:Wow, you seem to be expressing that you are reading the thread closely, and yet you do not seem to realize I replaced in like a week ago and haven't read the whole thread. Amazing!
Wow, really? And yet you called me a lurker, despite the fact your predecessor had like, what, SIX posts? MY predecessor did better than that, and apart from the time when I was ill, so did I, though I didn't spam the thread, admittedly.

If you haven't read the whole thread, then why are you putting unexplained votes on people (and just because there's no wagon on them does not clear you of responsibility in this) and acting like you actually have a clue when you don't? Read the thread before you start throwing attitude around. Seriously.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1931 (isolation #63) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Bookitty »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Bookitty wrote:I know the answer to this one too! (Though I disagree on the other one, Xyl. I think it's 60/40, not more.)
Hasdgfas being scum would require him to have correctly predicted that the mod would correct the night action results. That is
incredibly
unlikely.
Hmmm, I was figuring Hasdgfas had ASKED the mod to correct the night action results, which would provide the same result and which seems a reasonable thing for someone to ask.

I still put it as 60 percent confirmed/ 40 percent suspicious. I think you're 100% confirmed. I think Vollkan hasn't looked at you yet, though, and he starts us all at 50% so far as I know.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1936 (isolation #64) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Bookitty »

Spambot wrote:How is it my fault the guy before me lurked? Am I lurking? I called you a lurker because I had read the last several pages and hadn't seen much from you.

What vote is unexplained? And I like how apparently my opinion is worthless because I haven't finished reading the thread. You are logic disabley.
Yet for a portion of the game there was a period where I was one of only three or four people posting. So you made an unsupported allegation against me based on "the last several pages", which isn't a full picture of the game.

You had to be asked to give justification for your accusations and your reads on people; yet you criticise me and tell me to try to persuade you -- why? Isn't it your responsibility to READ THE THREAD and actually come up with reasoning of your own? I gave mine, you can like it or not, you can call me scummy for it or not (since you already called me scummy for lurking, I'm not taking it too seriously, no), but it's not my job to persuade you. It's not "MY" bandwagon on Battle Mage. If you don't like meta reads, that's your right, but I think they're a lot more reliable than "gut" reads, which provide ZERO opportunity for self-defence.

I don't know if your opinion is worthless. I know you're up on your high horse trying to claim some sort of superior logical position when your own lack of knowledge and lack of justification for your own statements doesn't really support that.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1940 (isolation #65) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Bookitty »

Spambot wrote:Bookitty - Her vote on BM is weak sauce, and instead of giving actual reasons for her vote, she has turned it into an attack on me and ignored my request for that. REPEATEDLY. She is overreacting badly to my saying she was a lurker, and is going out of her way to prove to somebody she supposedly think is scum that she is being so helpful to the town.
Who is the person I supposedly think is scum that I'm trying to impress with how helpful I am to the town? YOU? Can you give examples of me doing so?

You're darn right I'm reacting badly to you saying I was a lurker, because it's not true. And it's an example of hypocrisy, much like what I'm about to show:
Spambot wrote:Vollkan - I kind of liked his responses to me, but Xyl pointing out that he doesn't have a mason as town on his list is beyond ridiculous. It's kind of more of a dumb tell than a scum tell, but it bothers me a lot. It's like he isn't looking for townies.
Why is it okay that you haven't fully read the thread upon replacing into this game, but it's beyond ridiculous that Vollkan hasn't done so yet, in a similar situation?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1943 (isolation #66) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Bookitty »

Spambot wrote:You don't know if my opinion is worthless, but you are saying it is, right? XD
Yeah, pretty much. So far you've produced a lot of noise and not a lot of actual reasoning. So I'll say it flat out. Your opinion is worthless, because you haven't bothered to read the thread, but you're all full of opinions and hot air, which would be cool and all, except you HAVEN'T READ THE THREAD.
Xylthixlm wrote:Why would he ask? From a scum POV the obvious explaination for a missing kill is a doc or bulletproof, not mod error.
Because Peers had already claimed doc. I don't think Hasdgfas thought there was a bulletproof doc (that's WAY overpowered), and I doubt he thought there was another doc protecting Peers or that Peers protected himself (mostly docs can't, that I know about). It could have happened like you say, but I still say it's not confirmed that way.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1945 (isolation #67) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Bookitty »

We have werewolves too...
So if we have Mafia, werewolves, it would only take an SK OR a vig, right?
One killed by Mafia, Yosarian eaten by werewolves, and the other a third killer?

That's sort of what I was assuming... do you think that's wrong?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1953 (isolation #68) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Bookitty »

Spambot wrote:Wait, how am I being a hypocrite here? Are you accusing me of being a lurker? Because that would be epic. Oh, wait, it's because the guy I replaced was lurking and that is my fault, right? XD
You didn't read the thread, and you accused me of lurking because I was ill, without giving any regard to the fact that you replaced one of the all time great lurkers. Are you arguing that your role is different than Sir Tornado's? Do you not own his actions once you take on his role?
Spambot wrote:Did you even read what I wrote there? It is scummy that he doesn't have the mason as town, I didn't say anything about him reading the thread.
You didn't know that Xylthixlm was the mason. Yet you criticise Vollkan harshly for apparently not knowing the exact same thing. But it's pro-town when you don't know it, right? It's only scummy when other people do it, not you, never you.

This is why your opinion is worthless.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1962 (isolation #69) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Spambot wrote:Did Vollkan replace in a week ago and not read the thread? It's called context, cone.

Actually, you think my opinion is worthless because you can't recognize when you are being trolled and now you are fighting with me because I hurt your e-feelings and are responding emotionally.

:o
Actually, pretty close to a week ago, yes. You REALLY haven't read the thread, huh? ;)

And yeah, I can tell when I'm being trolled. Is trolling representative of your logical behaviour, or your pro-town behaviour, or both?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1963 (isolation #70) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I checked. I replaced in January 3rd. Vollkan replaced in January 25th, a month and four days ago. Spambot replaced in February 12, which is two weeks and three days ago, significantly longer than the week he keeps referencing.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2009 (isolation #71) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 am

Post by Bookitty »

The theme of this game seems to be people taunting each other, so I readily admit my enthusiasm for it has been probably permanently dimmed as well. I had a case on Battle Mage about half lined out but really, I don't see the point when people are substituting insult and self-announced trolling for any kind of actual analysis.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2064 (isolation #72) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm not lurking intentionally. I'm very disenchanted with this game, as I'm sure a great many people are, and I don't have a lot to contribute right now. Being trolled tends to destroy my enjoyment and involvement in a given game, and I don't really feel like doing a great deal of analysis (as normally I would) in this case. It feels like a lot of work for basically no reason, and I'm not doing it.

It's possible I'll get over my mental block on this game, but right now I am having a hard time caring if I'm lynched or not. I'm not scum, but I don't have any better insights than anyone else, so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

I would note that Battle Mage has been here from the start and there is no valid reason for him to have to "catch up" with the game from the start. That's a bogus excuse, and I'm surprised no one else has jumped on him for it, given the level of vitriol Vollkan has gotten for what is, in fact, ALWAYS his playstyle. (Yes, I know, it's a meta read, and thus worthless. Still, I know it to be true.)
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2068 (isolation #73) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Bookitty »

Spambot wrote:Did Vollkan replace in a week ago and not read the thread? It's called context, cone.

Actually, you think my opinion is worthless because you can't recognize when you are being trolled and now you are fighting with me because I hurt your e-feelings and are responding emotionally.

:o
I dislike Setael's vote on Erg0, because I'm pretty sure he's town at this point. I think she's reacting to the people on the BM wagon, who are basically all calling each other scum. I think that makes it more likely they're town, actually, but other people may have other reactions.

That said, I still think BM is scum due to lurking (something he does a lot as scum), due to the "Oh, I forgot this game!" which is always scummy no matter who does it, and due to the weird chumminess with Spambot over their joint failure to read the thread.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2071 (isolation #74) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:33 am

Post by Bookitty »

The meta read was a bit of sarcasm, just for you, Spambot. And yeah, not lurking. Just not much motivated to post in a game where someone is admittedly trolling me deliberately and on purpose and not even bothering to read the thread.

But you know, you're right. I'll request replacement. Thanks.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2073 (isolation #75) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Bookitty »

Setael wrote:(Preview edit after seeing Boo's last post) I hope Bookitty doesn't ask to be replaced, but I don't think it's a town tell for her that she's letting things get personal.
In the one game where you saw me get upset enough to lurk for a while due to someone's persistent trolling, I was town, was I not, Setael?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2078 (isolation #76) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Bookitty »

It was the one where we both died the same night, Setael.

I've requested replacement. Hopefully Shanba will be back soon.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2648 (isolation #77) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:29 am

Post by Bookitty »

I don't feel so bad about asking for replacement out of this game now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”