Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Flare »

Vote:Flameaxe
Pleased to meet you. Won't you guess my name?

But what's puzzling you is the, nature of my game.
Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Flare »

Ckillor wrote: but Vote:Flare

for haveing a name like a mini flameaxe
That poser.
Niv wrote:OMG I Suck, Vote Niv. always a good opening move
I agreeeeeeee

unvote, vote:Niv

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:53 am

Post by Flare »

Beastly wrote: He doesn't need to reveal why.

This Flameaxe wagon is silly.
You and your double standardness.

First you fail to point out why the flameaxe wagon is silly.

Second you also fail to point out why you voted for Hmrox. Just blindly trusting Flameaxe?
unvote, vote:Beastly

Hmrox wrote:I didn't start it and see no reason why to continue the bandwagon anyway. Are we still in the random voting stage?

Unvote,Vote:Beastly because he voted me.
You omgus-ee voter you.

SirT needs to post more than votes.
Beastly wrote: OMGUS much?

unvote, vote Lemming1607

Didn't like his bandwagon jump and then subsequent unjump following MoS's unvote.
Way to completely ignore the post after that.

Why did you claim Niv. = |
FoS:Niv
actually. By coming out as the originaly mason, if you are scum, then you have just given yourself a very nice way out.
SirT wrote:Simenon, not talking to each other part is not wise. You can determine from private conversations whether someone is scum or not. You should talk to each other a lot and ask each other their take on the D1 events during N1.
Highly untrue. You've never been an unconfimed mason have you?

I dislike how MoS automatically believes Niv, even when Simenon said that another Mason buddy can confirm what he got.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by Flare »

sirT wrote: I have been one, in fact. In Open 35 Big Love Mafia, I was one of the lovers, and my partner could have been a mafia OR town, and I was allowed to talk to my partner during night phase.
I'd have to look at the setup to see if that actually factors into this game.
Sirt wrote: Do we want another mason outing himself? No! I don't think we can be sure whether the traitor mason is a mafia, or some other anti-town role. Outing more masons is not a good idea, imho.
Yet you ignore the reasoning behind it. MoS automatically believes someone whose actions cannot be confirmed, and is suspicious of the ones action who can be confirmed.
Zoneace wrote: I don't know why but at this point I'm leaning toward beleiving Simeon over Niv, but FOS BOTH OF THEM
So, do you think that both of them are scum? That one of them are scum? That the whole five man mason thing is impossible?

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:42 pm

Post by Flare »

Simenon wrote: Unvote
Vote ZONEACE

I don't particularly like his fossing of both Niv and I, and the last sentence of 105 is scummy. I think he's trying to avoid committing to anything.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why one of Niv and I have to be scum. It's possible that I simply did not receive the pm in question. There is no reason for Niv to send it as scum and there really is no reason for me to ignore it as scum.
I agree with this assesment.
Zoneace wrote:and with that I guess its obvious who the scum is. Vote Simeon

voting for someone that believes you? good move.
Well you clearly don't believe him if you are going to omgus vote him after some slight disagreement.

unvote, vote:Zoneace

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Flare »

Zoneace wrote: umm back there in post 98, where i said this. Clearly I'm scum though, OBVI. Oy, some people are so blind. How am I not supposed to suspect someone who votes me AFTER I say I'm leaning toward believing. It's more than OMGUS, it's logic. If you're voting for one of the few people saying they believe you then clearly there's something wrong there. Someone's trying deflect suspicion on to someone else.
Errr, if you can't see how they're town after they vote you, then it is purely omgus.

Not only that, you clearly don't believe him that much, if after he says your statement is scummy, you automatically vote him, and therefore DISBELIEVE him, and think he's scum.

You're either

A.Being to reactionary, and acting like Dodgy, completely unable to see any attack on you and reasonable defend yourself

or

B.Just trying to discredit this attack in any way possible by ignoring it
Ergo wrote:Unvote, Vote: Zoneace

There's a difference between "leaning to" and actually believing someone. Even if there weren't, it's hardly a valid argument.
this is immensely valid

Niv wrote: my role pm says something along the lines of the factthat i am quite possitivve that someone canot be trusted in our masonry. are you saying that yours dosent say that? in the pm that wasn't picked up until now i ask him if he was not told that or if that he was the one that just wasn't trustworthy?

Also, if i wasn't still convinced of sime's scumness, i'd be voting Zone right now
That's just silly, and sounds like you're trying to play both sides of the fence.
FoS:NiV

Zoneace wrote:yeahi give up, if the town is gonna follow crap logic lik ethis I don't want to be part of the game..

I think Niv, Simeon and Lemming are all Scum, and it will be obvious after you lynch me.

I'm a basic townie, not in a mason group and with no power whatsoever, but go ahead and lynch me so i'll have to time to join a game that isn't full of people who quickly jump on logicless bandwagons.
I feel dissapointed by this play that Zoneace just gives up without following any logic at all with an EXTREMELY premature claim.

Confirm Vote:Zoneace

Zoneace wrote:I mean seriously, you have two players contradicting each other's information, OBVIOUSLY one of them is lying. ANd yet you've decided to lynch neither of them. GOOD PLAN TOWN, GOOD PLAN.
Yet I'm unsure how valid this is, and would say that a blatantly scummy player who is trying to attack both of them, and then omgus-lee attacks a player, and then when a bit more pressure is added to him just gives up.

Not only that, you continue to just attack others instead of even attempt a defense of yourself.

I'd be more likely to listen to you if you actually played and was reasonable about the attack on you.

FoS:Lemming for post 126

Zorg wrote:wow alot to respond to. First off, i dislike the way in which, an anti-Flameaxe BW formed on Hmrox very quickly. FoS: Flameaxe
Secondly, i don't know what to think about the 5 man mason-team claim. It sounds completely ridiculous, but then, how could it not be true? It would require just about all the scum to reveal themselves early on, leaving themselves wide open for the rest of the game. Of course the 'at least 1 member is scum' bit gives the group a bit more leeway, which makes me slightly more suspicious.
First off, do you believe all the people on Hmrox were scum?

Do you believe that to balance a five man mason team to leave one as scum to keep the masons on their toes is not a good way to balance such a role?

Niv coming out and claiming was a horrible play for either alignment.

Vanilla claims are more null tells to be honest.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by Flare »

zone wrote:so are you saying you'd like me to lie and make up a role so my claim is more convincing?

In that case, then I'm the doc guys and I can self protect so yeah, mafia, don't waste your time targeting me at night.

Is that better flare? a non-vanilla claim?
You do know that null means NO INDICATION OF ALIGNMENT, right?
MoS wrote:Simenon is a better lynch than ZONEACE.
Reasons would be nice.
TS wrote:Scum:

ckillor (see above post)
Zoneace (typical scum day 1 meltdown under slight pressure)
Simenon (scum mason)

Choices, choices, so many choices.

vote: Simenon
Sim and Zoneace being scumbuddies makes 0 sense. It would until Zoneace voted him for him 'voting him even though he believed him', which actually makes zero sense for Simenon to be scum either, which he doesn't seem to get.

So, it just looks like you hopping on two easy wagons.
Ether wrote:Colin's lack of a Nivote is bizarre. This in itself is null, but I see a clear dichotomy in the arguments and favor a Colynch. Since, y'know, Niv came out without prompting on Day 1 and all. I don't see scum motivation behind that. (I'd approve of outing another mason to clear up this mess, except that it wouldn't. Either Niv lied or he didn't: Colin's mason-talking strategy is an irrelevant tangent.)
So you think it's logical that he lynch his mason buddy? Just because their innocence is not guaranteed? You don't think that would be an omgus vote? You don't think that Niv is just a newbie that doesn't know what to do? Who didn't even notice that Sim didn't even pick up his PM til the other day, which would kind of make his first argument invalid if he didn't even look at the pm?

Just curious. It's kind of a false dillemma that one of them has to be scum.
Ether wrote: I don't like Zorg's 133. I don't like Lemming's anything.
I would agree with this.
Zoneace wrote:
Bolding mine.

Umm So which is it, niv sent you a pm, or he didn't? You have in 2 seperate posts called niv a liar (indirectly) and not a liar but confused without ever stating you were correcting yourself. So Which is it? Is Niv a Liar or is he just confused?
Funny you focus on Simenon's contradiction but ignore Niv's completely.

Based on contradictions from boths sides, I think I'm also leaning on a miscommunication, but I'll be interested in a Niv post, as I find his more condemning thatn Sim's.

After Sim Responds to post 159, I'll elaborate.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:13 am

Post by Flare »

You and Niv can talk during the day?
SirT wrote: *sigh*

Why is everyone appealing to emotion in this game?

Explain how "it would be obvious that Niv, Simeon and Lemming are scum after we lynch you".
That was a quote. If you actually read his post you would know he doesn't know how to quote yet.

Btw Celtic quote tags are such

Quote="X" in brackets, where X is the player. Close them with /quote in brackets as well.

so if you were quoting me saying hi it would be

quote="Flare"hi/quote

with the quote="" and /quote encased in []
MoS wrote:Sir Tornado, he was trying to quote ZONEACE. He wasn't trying to talk about himself getting lynched.

I see no reason to lynch ZONEACE, but Niv's point against Simenon seems more than enough reason to vote right now. Your turn, Flare.
Actually Niv thinks simenon is scum off of a hunch, because Sim didn't seem to answer to one of his pms, and because innocence is not guaranteed.

Now, why do you think that Simenon is scummier than Niv, when they both have contradictions in their statements? At the moment I would say it's much more likely it's an error in communication than one of them being scum until some more information comes out.

So if I'm not going to vote either of them, I'm going to look at other candidates, and I believe that Zoneace is a very nice one, for reasons I've outlined and I'm sure you can see.

This isn't a case of "I think they're scummy, but we should save them for later" this is a case of "Their claims are up in the air, and it's just not smart to do lynch them this early in the game". Do you disagree?

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:17 am

Post by Flare »

Niv wrote:i have been debating back and forth about tdoing this in my mind, and i think it is in the wowns best intrests to do this.

I am part of a 5 man mason team. and i was told from the begining that there there is at least one scum among us. i think i know who it is.

i sent out a nice high to everyone. and three people responded back with a nice high as well, however,

Simenon,

Responded with this line about how he thought out of 5 of us, at least one of us is probally mafia. and all this warning that was stated in the opening pm. i personally think that i cought Simenon as scum in pregame, for clearly not knowing the townie mason pm. When i called him out on this, he didn't respond. and he had atleast 2 days (i think) to do so. he picked up the pm and then said nothin.

there was reason for my vote on this man. and it is going to stand, as i think this is the best lead we're gonna get in no night 0 day one.
This is why Niv thinks simenon is scum. He thinks he's outgeuessing the mod, but it sounds like Niv outed the mason deal because Simenon was enforcing a warning, and making sure they understood they weren't town just cause they could talk to them.

I personally find this pretty faulty and not very relevant.

Two reasons. Niv says it's in the OP in thread, but the mason pm about confirmed innocence is NOT in thread. How would he know about that without the PM?

Secondly, why are you so confident that Patrick mod wouldn't send him a mason pm as well, as that seems kind of unfair to scum masons, if there is even a scum mason.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:24 am

Post by Flare »

1.Claiming he believed Simenon yet FoSing him.
2.Omgus voting Simenon, when claiming he believes him
3.Giving up
4.Appeals to emotion while doing so
5.Refusing to answer the arguments against him by either A.Just saying it's bad logic or B.Distracts from his case by calling the town stupid for not voting two players who are contesting each other's 'lies'
6.Prematurely claiming with around 5 votes on him when it's 12 to lynch, which signifies overdefensiveness on his part.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:06 am

Post by Flare »

I just think that Patrick is a good enough mod that if there is even a scum mason, he would give out the mason pm.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Flare »

SirT, it's pure speculation, but it's like an SK getting a safeclaim. It would be to broken by claiming if they did not.

scum
get other role pms if they can be caught and the game broken by something like a massclaim or something. In this case, masons claiming and such.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Flare »

Also, Miller masons are masons that when investigated come up scum, even though they're town.

Scum masons is a mason who is actually a mason who is a goon or such as well.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:51 pm

Post by Flare »

Ergo wrote: Your first reason is incorrect, Niv says that the warning about possible scum is in his original PM, not in the thread.

Your second reason is pretty spurious, if Patrick did send Sim the townie PM then there'd be no reason for Sim to send out a warning, since he'd know that everyone already had it in their PM. You're arguing the wrong point here.
Well Simenon already said it, but he pretty much confirmed that he knew what it said by saying they shouldn't talk, which disproves it entirely.

Also this covers the second reason as well, depending on his motivations.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:52 am

Post by Flare »

Ergo wrote: The words "as well" seem to imply that you think you've addressed my problem with the first reason already, which you didn't.
If Niv is suspicious of Simenon for not recieving the mason PM, why would he warn them to not talk to each other? This would only be suspicious if the mason PM didn't contain the warning about alignments.
Ergo wrote: Your second reason is pretty spurious, if Patrick did send Sim the townie PM then there'd be no reason for Sim to send out a warning, since he'd know that everyone already had it in their PM. You're arguing the wrong point here.
But he sent out a warning not to talk. Not a warning that one might be scum. This should most likely be considered a wifom tactic if he is scum, and a legitimate warning as town.
SirT wrote: Don't you see the problem with a scum mason? He knows who the other masons are AND he can talk with the other scum. What exactly is the point in having masons in that case if the scum know who they are? Would Patrick mod do something like this?

I am leaning towards a SK mason.
First of all, this gives an advantage to scum. The masons still can confirm themselves and such.

Sometimes mod put restrictions like they can't tell their teammates who all are masons, but scum masons have been used a good bit SirT. This isn't proof there isn't one.
Yamahako wrote: So it was in the scum PM. I see. Vote Simenon.
No, he sent it.
FoS:Yamahako

Ether wrote:Also keeping an eye on Flare; I don't like the second paragraph of his attack 160 on TS considering his ZONEACE vote, and I can't decide from his defense of Colin if he knows too much or he's just plain stupid. I hate how like a third of the game can bother me this much.
So I can only express suspicion of one person at a time? And not point out something scummy?

Just curious why you think it's suspicious.
SirT wrote: Reply with quote
This whole mess can be easily cleared. Please quote your PMs to each other (that is, not the role PMs, but the PMs you sent each other) in the thread.

From my experience, quoting only the moderator is disallowed. I don't think it is against the rules to quote each other (although both of you should clear up with Patrick first), because in Open 21: Friends and Enemies, which was also modded by Patrick, he allowed the mason (Albert B. Rampage) to quote his mason buddy's (Ripley's) PM to him in thread. Here is the instance where it was allowed and the confirmation that it was indeed quoted from a night time mason talk PM.
You sir, are a cheater. Quoting any PMs are usually not only disallowed, they are modkillable offenses.
FoS:SirT

Ergo wrote:While we're waiting for that...

ckillor: Do you really think that Niv is scum? Do you really think he'd try to pull something like this early on day 1 just to get the attention off a two-vote wagon on Lemming?
Considering play I've seen from Niv I don't think it's actually too unlikely.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Flare »

Which is usually a modkillable offense SirT. It's usually understood that quoting a PM=a modkill

The FoS was for the attempt of, what was in my eyes, trying to get a player to get themselves modkilled.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by Flare »

SirT, it's
understood
. Quoting a role pm is supposed to be "proof" you are that role, the same rule obviously applies to mason PMs.

I would doubt that there is some game to reference this, because it's understood and players do not want to be modkilled.

Now if you could explain to me why you'd think a role pm, a mod PM, and a mason PM, when quoted, would produce different punishments from a mod?

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Flare »

Ether wrote:You called the wagon you were currently sitting on an easy wagon. No doubts. No acknowledgement you were sitting there. No.
Do the words "timing and reasoning" mean anything to you?

Just curious.

:wink:
Ether wrote: That's ridiculous. The guy came out on Day 1 with what he thought was proper role-based scum-nabbing information. What are you thinking?
What would you do as part of a five man mason group. Automatically claim? As a mason?
Ergo wrote: This was the point I was saying you hadn't addressed. The point itself is pretty much insignificant now, but the fact that you skipped over it twice gives me pause.

Secondly, are you seriously suggesting that you think Niv is scum? I was asking ckillor because he has his vote on Niv based on what looks to me like craplogic. Do you support his craplogic, or was that just an ill-advised flippant remark?
1.I was assuming you were supporting Niv, who I understood as saying it was in the first post. Apparently I misunderstoof the meaning of "first post" or something along those lines.

2.I am suggesting that it is entirely possible for Niv to be scum. I have already stated my stance on the mason/scum mason situation.
Ether wrote:What is that supposed to mean?
it's mainly trying to indicate I don't think you're suspicious, and making sure you're fully thinking out your answers and not just answering.

If you know what I mean.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:40 am

Post by Flare »

You're a silly person who didn't really contribute to the case, but act like you know alot about it because there's alot of people who are!

So, Lemming, what is the case on Zoneace? What do you think is the most suspicious thing he has done? Why do you think he should be lynched? Is there any possibility he is town?

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:10 am

Post by Flare »

I'm satisfied with Lemming at the moment.

I like how I gained four votes in the span of five posts.
Ether wrote:With what I believe to be information that I use mention without a claim? With three other mason buddies to carry on? Maybe I'd try to go at it the hard way first, but I really can't say it was that incomprehensible, especially from the newbie you're protraying Niv as. It definitely wasn't scummy: on the contrary, I can't imagine Nivscum coming out this way at all.
So, would you feel it pertinent to claim, and then off of a hunch, declare one of your mason buddies scum?
Ether wrote:Eh. If I'm attacking you irrationally, then you should be probing me about my alignment. See...I took those terse "just curious" statements as an attempt to intimidate me. And as it is--if you don't think I'm scummy, don't ask me hostile and misrepresentative questions. (Either explicitly state that you do not find me scummy beforehand or give me hostile and misrepresentative statements.)
I didn't say you were attacking me irrationally. I'm making sure you're questions are well meaning. Those 'hostile and misrepresentative' questions
are
probing you about your alignment. At the moment I think you're innocent from your responses.
JD wrote:Get a real bad feeling about Carrotcake and Flare. Don't understand why, just have a bad gut feeling about it.

I think most definitely one of Sim/Niv is lying somewhere.

I am now starting to see a case on Lemming.
1.What do you think of Lemmings last few posts?
2.Would you think that Sim or Niv is more likely to lie, especially since Niv just gave in that he thinks it's more likely a misunderstanding.
3.If you think one of Sim or Niv is lying, why did you vote me?
4.What is your bad feeling related to Carrotcake or I deal with?
Ergo wrote:I'm not a fan of Flare's insistence that Niv's play could be a scum gambit. His argument seems to boil down to Niv's playstyle and the fact that it would be a bad play for a townie mason to claim so early.

Opposing arguments: I've played a game with Niv as well, and he wasn't an idiot by any means. He certainly wasn't so rash as to try anything so outrageous on day 1. The fact that it's a bad play for a townie would only be relevant if it was a better play for scum, and it's not. I'm kind of annoyed that ckillor dropped out before he could answer my question on this subject, but Flare's answer on his behalf is scummier still.

Vote: Flare
When I played with Niv, I got more of a feel that he was an eratic newbie personally.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (isolation #20) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Flare »

Yeah I'm not really sure why I've been criticized for calling a wagon I'm on an easy one.

It's a decent case against him, which intrinsically makes it an easy wagon, but if someone is just hopping on the wagon without stating anything, then if Zoneace were to come up town, it would help us immensely tomorrow. Do you deny this?

Aimee, the difference between MoS and Carrotcake, since you didn't seem to quote them at all.
Carrotcake wrote:Unvote
Vote: Simenon

The best reason to start a bandwagon so far.

That was post 69
Simenon wrote:I did not receive any pm from Niv calling me out on anything. In fact, I have received the following pms from Niv:

Him saying hi and acknowledging my existance.
When I told him we shouldn't talk, he confirmed he wasn't told we were trustworthy.
Continues to confirm that the mason team was not told as a whole the mason team was not untrustworthy.

Niv, I have no idea how my suggesting we should talk, because there may be a mafia among one of us (I did not suggest I didn't know we were untrustworthy) leads you to conclude that I did not have the untrustworthy part in the pm.

"One of us is probably mafia" is not "Do you think this mason group is untrustworthy?"
This was post 70
Carrot didn't even seen Sim's defense.

On the other hand
MoS wrote:Unvote, Vote: Simenon

Someone is lying, because I severely doubt the pms just didn't arrive.
This was post 87.

The difference is that Carrot could at least be perceived as starting the game, as Simenon had not contested Niv's claims. MoS saw both, made a choice, and seemed to automatically believe Niv.

Slight FoS:Aimee

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (isolation #21) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:44 am

Post by Flare »

Ergo wrote:A quick bit of reading reveals that ZONEACE was lynched day 1 in Mafia 29 for much the same thing he's doing here. He was that game's equivalent of a townie.

Since most of us (myself included) have never played with him, I thought it was worth checking into his previous play a little. It seems that this is not so out of character for him.
Find me a game where scum play says it's a protown tell and not a Zone tell.

Zoneace wrote: thats cause he actually knows what he's talking about. unlike so many people in this game.
Yeah, you're complete lack of defense is not doing it for me.

Zoneace I'm dissapointed you're essentially a talking Bogre.
Zoneace wrote: I've been playing this game long enough to know when a wave has begun. It was clear where the day was headed. I was going to fall victim to a baseless lynch pushed by atleast one (and likely more) member of the mafia. the original votes i got, if you'll go back and look, were without merit, by people trying to throw suspicion off of themselves.
Yeah, quit using an appeal to authority, and show us how the case on you is baseless.

Zone, your appeals to emotion, authority, and arguments from repetition aren't encouraging. I can kind of feel where you were coming from originally, but your reactions to the case, you're useless claim, and you're repeated refusal to impart the information which SirT essentially forced out of you just still makes me feel that if you're not scum, then you should at least try to view your own posts and see how bad they look.

Despite all of this though.... I'm feeling that Zoneace is town. I at first thought he was just being OMGUS, but looking back he did not vote me (or he didn't leave it there for long) or SirT (Though in his position I might have voted SirT for ignoring my reasoning). It's like Zoneace are using these logical fallacies, but he's not doing it intentionally. I kind of feel like he's using them... well, honestly.

What I mean is, look at Zoneace's posts. It usually takes me a bit to actually grasp this. Do you believe that Zoneace is using these things
intentionally
?

so....
Unvote
I think.
Zorg about MoS wrote:This post came just after a post by Erg0, in which Erg0 had suggested that Zoneace always plays this way. Mastermind appears to have felt an urge to repeat exactly what Erg0 had just said. Yet i dont recall Mastermind saying this before. This could be an example of buddying up, by following the lead of Erg0. I havent played with Mastermind before (though he is in a game i am starting now), so can someone please tell me whether he is always this erratic?
I mean, his staunch defense of Zoneace just seems really jumpy. It would be very nice if Mastermind could please reveal his connections with Zoneace. If you are so confident that he always plays like this, it would be useful to see games which you and he share. I'm going to reread your posts so far and see if you have been consistent with this approach towards Zoneace.

in the meantime, Unvote, Vote: Mastermind
I agree with this. MoS has done this three seperate times I believe. He auto agreed with Niv. Then around two pages later he hopped on me with three other people just agreeing with them, and then very shortly afterwards, he moved to SirT. (this is based off of memory and not looking back btw)

vote:MoS

Ether wrote:..and you've been trying to paint Niv as scum. What are you arguing?
That it's possible for Niv to be either town or scum, and he isn't confirmed.
Ether wrote:I really don't think your answers to me convey what you've actually been saying.
Clarification pluz.
Ether wrote: Aimee, post your thoughts and votes.
PBPs are too disjointed for the rest of us to get a sense of you from.
Disagreement. = )

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #363 (isolation #22) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:47 pm

Post by Flare »

Toaster Strudel wrote: His posts so far have struck me as wishy-washy, and out of character. He's not himself it seems - but only in this game. It's also not his habit to fail to respond to being voted against, even when he's far from being in danger of a lynch. I don't expect most other players to see what I see, but I've played a great many games with MoS, and I think many players here have played none to a few. Gut-metagaming if you will.
You forget his lack of profanity.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Flare »

Flare wrote:
i don't think i have ever played w/ you in the past. could you please tell me when you have played w/ me.
I would prefer to be lynched than answer this question, as I have played on other sites. I will reveal it when the game is over I think.
MoS wrote:

Excuse me for being too tired to bother resorting to Ad Hom.
Kay.

I wouldn't find bothering the mod to be an type of particular tell....

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Flare »

EBWOP:That first question was from Niv

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #395 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:51 am

Post by Flare »

ALT'S ARE IMMORAL.

Also why was the word reason repeated like nine times.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #764 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:54 am

Post by Flare »

Bah, sorry guys I'll catch up sometime soon

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #849 (isolation #27) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:19 am

Post by Flare »

Holy frick I let this get away from me. I'll post something this week. Don't have time today.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #946 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:00 am

Post by Flare »

Flare has gotten lazy and will go over the thread.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1053 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Flare »

(PLaceholder bump)

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1200 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:15 am

Post by Flare »

Flare is alive and making another promise. ._.

Will try to do a reread this weekend, and post.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1360 (isolation #31) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Flare »

Yamahako, on page 1 why did you quote Ckillor with your "Random vote" (post 15)
LFR wrote:These are not votes for Yamahoko.
This guy is smart.

Why can't MoS be funny?

Contasting MoS's post 65 and the Fonz's post 58 is IMMENSELY interesting

FoS:Lemming
for post 73

Protown points for beastly in post 74

Niv's claim still bothers me. It's intriguing that neither Niv or LFR died last night, but a Mason, BBB, did. I will be paying attention to BBB's reactions to the two of them moreso throughout this read.

I DO NOT like Carrotcake hopping on quickly. Post 79

unvote, vote:Carrotcake

I still dislike MoS trusting Niv with a conflicting opinion. In hindsight, carrotcake is scummier in an attempt to just get something going, and ignoring the actual info it seems.

Still don't like Zoneace sitting on the fence in post 98.

I agree with LFR's post 106
Zoneace wrote:and with that I guess its obvious who the scum is. Vote Simeon

voting for someone that believes you? good move.
Why did that make Simenon scum? This is pretty much an Omgus vote.
Major FoS:Zoneace

I'm also disliking Yamahako.

Unsure of LFR's post 117.... could be frustration, could be an attempt to further out more mason's.
Zoneace wrote:yeahi give up, if the town is gonna follow crap logic lik ethis I don't want to be part of the game..

I think Niv, Simeon and Lemming are all Scum, and it will be obvious after you lynch me.

I'm a basic townie, not in a mason group and with no power whatsoever, but go ahead and lynch me so i'll have to time to join a game that isn't full of people who quickly jump on logicless bandwagons.
Some pet peeves of mine.

1.Someone calling something that HAPPENED logicless
2.someone whining
3.The case getting backed off of because of bullcrap like this.

Some things. Before I move on.

ZA FoSed both Simenon and Niv, claiming he was "leaning towards believing him more"
In response to a question from me he said that most likely one of the was scum, it was possible they were both scum, and didn't auto believe about five man mason.

Simenon voted him

Zoneface then claims he knows who scum is, cause he's voting for someone who believes him.

Some obvious conclusions that I have made based on these events.

Zoneace was sitting on the fence the whole time. He could go either way.
Sim's vote pushed Zoneace into voting him.
So Zoneace voted him back. I'd call that omgus.

FURTHERMORE, before Zoneace says "I didn't vote him because he voted me! I voted him cause he voted someone who believed him!" How does that factor in with alignment? How does that make Simenon scum? I'd say it makes him more town, because he isn't catering to someone who is closer to believe him.

Moving on.....
Zoneace wrote:I mean seriously, you have two players contradicting each other's information, OBVIOUSLY one of them is lying. ANd yet you've decided to lynch neither of them. GOOD PLAN TOWN, GOOD PLAN.
How is this not deflection?
unvote, vote:Zoneace

Zoneace wrote:well town i think it should now be quite obvious who exactly the scum are especially after this logicless lynch of me is over.
This makes my brain hurt

Major FoS:The venerable Zorg
for post 133
Zoneace wrote: so are you saying you'd like me to lie and make up a role so my claim is more convincing?

In that case, then I'm the doc guys and I can self protect so yeah, mafia, don't waste your time targeting me at night.

Is that better flare? a non-vanilla claim?
So if someone says "I'm a townie" then are you going to confirm them as town? That's not a null tell? Seriously.

I'm neutral on TS atm. On one hand I find her scumlist kind of suspicious, but her point in 146 is good
Ether wrote:Colin's lack of a Nivote is bizarre. This in itself is null, but I see a clear dichotomy in the arguments and favor a Colynch. Since, y'know, Niv came out without prompting on Day 1 and all. I don't see scum motivation behind that. (I'd approve of outing another mason to clear up this mess, except that it wouldn't. Either Niv lied or he didn't: Colin's mason-talking strategy is an irrelevant tangent.)
How does this make him scum though? He didn't assume scum, and tried to settle things out first? How does that point to him as scum?

Post 156 is a point against Niv
MoS wrote:Actually, I do disagree. I'm going to continue to put pressure on Simenon until this claim thing is resolved. And no, I'm sure I can't see why ZONEACE is a very nice candidate. Why don't you repeat it for me?
Why did you just want pressure on LFR and not Niv?

Post 219 is interesting where Niv gives in and hops on Zoneace.

This is the first ten pages. I feel kind of mixed up, and will continue this read later.

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1408 (isolation #32) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:55 pm

Post by Flare »

= | I will continue to reread AND be caught up on current events, despite deaths and such. You should let me make my mistakes so you can see the, no doubt, hilarious reaction of me going "Wtf, they're dead and I've been rereading about them? wpeiufgbqerp"

Flare
Flare
Townie
Flare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1529 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:01 am

Post by Flare »

^^I've been coughing up a green one of those.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”