White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2504 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by White »

101 pages. Expect me to take a minute to read it all. Hmm.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2512 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:26 am

Post by White »

Alright guys, i'm on page 34 currently and i'm kinda surprised to see MBL, TSC and Shteven still alive. I'm expecting atleast one of them claimed.

unvote
as i'm still very uninformed.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2514 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:44 am

Post by White »

Hmm. Well actually it's no longer fresh in my mind as i'm now at 59.

However if I remember correctly, I didn't like how you approached the wagons and I didn't agree with your suspicions. Currently though i'm thinking you're more protown since the the ABR lynch (overanxious town ready for night imo) and looking back through how you felt about him and blah blah blah.

Currently people i'm suspicious of: Jack (lurking....I just can't stand lurking), BM (deliberately unhelpful and flaked when it came down to lynch at deadline), AE and Xyzzy (See Jack) and HH for gut feeling, i'm personally very unsettled with HH currently but I can't really put a finger on it.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2516 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:57 am

Post by White »

Yeah. I'm quickly realizing that when you replace you generally replace lurkers.

I'm just going chronologically and posting how I feel. Obviously since I know Jack's (read my) role i'm no longer suspicious but i'm trying to be as objective as possibly during my read through.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2521 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:29 am

Post by White »

Currently on page 90 and this quote strikes me wrong:
Shteven wrote:Funny, I had HH as the ONLY cleared townie in my mind. I've mentioned I thought he was town several times, although as far as proving the "only cleared townie" part, well, you'll have to wait for my PM to LML to be revealed.
Shteven, care to clear that up? What PM did you send to LML that would clear HH? Your statement hints at being a cop but it's obvious that Glork is the cop (figured it out around mid 70s page).

I should be up to speed pretty darn soon and expect a vote before the evening.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2524 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:27 am

Post by White »

That's an anti town sentiment. I appreciate the innocent results (albeit semi useless now) that he has given us. However I do see the smiley so i'm wondering if that's a joke.

MBL, i'm on page 94 (almost done!) and you are waaaaaaay more defensive than you should be for having (I think) 2 votes on you. Not to mention citing metagaming as a primarty defence for why Glork is wrong is just insipid and invalid. As for why you might've killed MoS as SK, it's pretty obvious you value your opinions and thoughts higher than God's so naturally when other's didn't echo your sentiments you would take things into your own hands. Hopefully (for you) something will come up in the next 7 pages that will dissuade me or i'm voting for you.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2527 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:57 am

Post by White »

Hmm, I'm not too sure I buy into the big bussing deal that Glork is using. I think i'm going to have to say i'm not really in favor of you being mafia. However I feel your overdefensiveness indicates that you just can't be a townie. A protown, town win oriented, townie should have no problem giving up their life if they know it'll lead the town to a win. With you fighting so vehemently against dying and against Glork i'm inclined to believe you're got more of a vested interest in surviving rather than wining (possibly due to the interconnectedness of the two).

Either way, if we do lynch you and you don't end up being scum, we'll "have [your]suspicions as gospel" which is quite a bit better than they look right now. I have to say I think you've done a terrible job of defending yourself if for nothing less than the blatant insults. The goal is (supposedly, not to mention being manifested here and now) win other people to your side and get them to unvote you because they either see you as town or see someone else as scummier. I think you've effectively done neither.

Also, Jack was voting Kinetic.

Honestly, the mere fact that you bring up who absurd it would be for you to lean and set up a pure WIFOM argument for end game is really a point against you. Knowing about it means you could've set it up and waiting to turn incredulous at the mention.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2528 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:16 am

Post by White »

Ok, finally done with my read through and I think the lynch for today would definitely be MBL. I guess I wouldn't mind a Shteven lynch either though but I think i'd rather wait on TCS or Yos2 or Rogue for now. I'm pretty sure the others are clean.

Vote: MyBuddyLee
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2530 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:27 am

Post by White »

Sure. If MBL turns up town (looking at all possible outcomes) then we'll have his word (as he said) as "gospel". Meaning that we can trust his opinions because at that point (if he's innocent) he'd be confirmed innocent.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2555 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:45 am

Post by White »

In an attempt to clear my name from Jacks actions; Jack (metagame) seems to always lurk. In this game alone i've actually seen more Jack action than I have in most of his games. He's also contributed quite a bit (imo) in the latter half of the game. However, his lurking always gets on my bad side. If you expect everyone to be up and in your face like Glork then naturally you'll assume Jack is scum. However based on his nonlurking posts and performance I find it easy to believe he's town. Knowing he's town "jives" perfectly with this.
MBL wrote:I'll also add that an SK's much less likely to want to be replaced <snip> This jives with White, TCS, Shteven being my top three SK suspects.
Actually I think based on the first sentence that Kinetic fits the bill best due to BMs actions. I've never been an sk, in fact i've never even played in a game (before this one) with an sk. I would imagine there's quite a burden of stress involved knowing that you're the only one on your team and you've got to craft beautful posts in order to even have a slight chance at surviving until the end game. Thinking that an sk wouldn't want to be replaced is pure WIFOM because you can't get inside of the mind of the sk. In addition i've replaced lurker scum and lurker town about evenly (talking about non-ongoing games) so using lurking/replacement as a scumtell is craplogic.

Pointing the finger with craplogic isn't helping dissuade me. My vote stands.
Shteven wrote:Do you ever intend to follow up on this, or any other vote, TCS?
I recall quite vividly that TCS stated he wouldn't mind hammering MBL earlier in the thread.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2565 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by White »

Mafia:
TCS-------------\
Shteven \
CTD } Very close together as likely scum.
Kinetic }
MBL /
RogueBen-------/
Billy
Yos2
Glork

SK:
MBL
Shteven
CKD
TCS
Rogueben
Kinetic
Billy
Yos2
Glork

Pretty much i'm thinking Billy, Yos2 and Glork are town with Billy being possibly a scum role but I think our likelihood of killing scum by nailing MBL, TCS or Shteven today is very high. Which in turn means I think i'd be ok with a lynch of any of those 3. I want more info from the others and I still feel we've got our best shot at nailing scum by lynching you MBL.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2578 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:11 am

Post by White »

Yos2 wrote:Any specific reason you're putting Yogurt/Rogueben so low on both lists, White?
Honestly I didn't know where to put him. I find him scummy but I find the others are more scummy. Pretty much all the people in the bracketed section (which the format messed up) are semi-interchangeable.

[quote"Shteven"]I'm sure you'll get around to it, but what makes you think I'm likely mafia/sk?[/quote]
Most of your posts haven't struck me as genuine. They seem faked and off to a degree. I don't generally agree with many of your points and though that doesn't make you scum it certainly doesn't strike me as town. However that's a null-tell so I don't put much weight in it. Your whole big dispute with Glork earlier in the game seemed pushed to a higher priority than I would've expected and I don't see you putting as much effort into finding scum as i'd hope with substancially little to show for sk hunting.
Shteven wrote:White: You list TCS/Myself as top two for mafia. Do you really think I'd be trying to bus my partner at this stage of the game? Especially when I'm far from being cleared myself. Or are we just likely to be mafia ourselves and not linked?
I have no idea what you may or may not be trying to do (pertaining to bussing at this stage of the game). It's entirely possible that you may indeed be attempting to bus TCS and clear your name as best you can for the endgame. Even if you drop the case against TCS now and we end up lynching him or the sk gets him and he turns up scum, you'd look nice and pretty because you went after him for a while today.

I don't know if you're linked. Honestly this whole game daunts me tremendously. With MBL and Yos and Glork, i'm way out of my league. Also while I was reading it seemed that most of you have played bad this game at one point of another. Which further confuses my little weak attempts at sorting out who's scum. Who's the sk. Who's town. I am having quite a bit of trouble coming up with arguments of my own but i'm trying. Generally I agree with much of what Glork has said but not all, definitely not all.

If you and TCS are both mafia together I wouldn't be surprised. But i'd be very surprised if neither of you are mafia. I would vote for either one of you today except for the fact that I think we'll be better off if we can lynch the sk today. 1 less nk means we've got more time to find scum.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2580 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:56 am

Post by White »

I thought you wanted to hammer MBL?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2585 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:31 am

Post by White »

Just pointing out an inconsistency. Seems we've got some people that are overanxious.

I previously stated i've got no problem lynching Shteven or TCS however I expressly said I wanted to lynch MBL first as I believe 1 less nk is better for the town. However if it looks like MBL isn't going to get lynched then i'll take either TCS or Shteven. I think we've got atleast 2/3 scum in those three.
MBL wrote:Your disappointment is palpable, scumbag.
There is no disappointment in there. Except for possibly the fact that it seems it's harder and harder to lynch you and you're the sk. I have said I want the sk dead before and again. If you think this is because i'm mafia then so be it, be mislead. I however do not want to be deterred.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2588 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:57 am

Post by White »

Anything I can do to refute?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2591 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by White »

Alrighty, then let's see what I can find.
Starting back at page 100. (no i'm not going to go through this whole thread, that's....too much, absurd, timely and tedious. Besides, half the people are dead now)
MBL in post 2477 wrote:We could get rolling a lot quicker if he'd just agree to blindly follow your lead.
I'm not sure what the point of this is. Are you trying to add pointless fluff? Are you seriously suggesting he blindly follow Glork and lynch you? It just looks like angry spewing and I think you're better than that.
Yos2 in post 2480 wrote:the only time I start to really wonder if it's a good idea is if we're talking about someone who could only be one out of the three, like InHim's replacement
I'm not sure here but why exactly are you handing off a confirmed non sk to someone that's obviously not confirmed? Could you point out what I seem to have missed? (I do admit to reading the thread somewhat hastily but I really resist rereading it)
Kinetic in post 2481 wrote:I have presented what I feel about him, and I never said I think he's the godfather. I think he might be the godfather or SK
Whoa wait a sec. You say you never said you think he's the GF and then you state you think he might be the GF in the next sentence? Something's not right with that.
Yos2 in post 2482 wrote:Even if you're right and the scum don't think you're the SK, that dosn't prove anything
Honestly this bit where Yos is responding to your point (MBL) about scum not jumping on your wagon because they don't think you're the sk doesn't really matter. You assume the scum wouldn't press for an easy lynch which is fatally flawed. Scum can and will do the most outlandish things, even act like newbs while being very experienced. That you (MBL) even discredit and ignore this is a point against you.
Shteven in post 2488 wrote:And if my selection falls on a non-goon, that's just fine by me.
Ping. You don't care if we lynch one of the few remaining town? Have you not been paying attention to the statistics? If we lynch one of our own today we are in almost lylo tomorrow esp if the scum don't cross kill. How can you honestly say this if you're town?
MBL in post 2492 wrote:[Glork] pretty much cannot be Kinetic's scumpartner.
Why? Because he's very suspicious of Kinetic? Because he's not suspicious of Kinetic? I don't see your point. I don't like how you're passing off an "almost confirmed" statement when no such thing exists.
TCS in post 2499 wrote:I'm going to look closely about how committed you have been to a lynch thus far today, and if I see a lot of wishy-washy stuff, I'm voting you.(refering to Shteven)
Well TCS, you've got a vote on him now, mind sharing where Shteven is being wishy-washy?
TCS in post 2520 wrote:It would not be in the best interests of the town at this point to lynch me. However, if you're looking for a player to night kill, it'd probably be in the best interests of scum to rid themselves of me.
I think this was brought up before but TCS, if you're just a townie why is it in the best interests of the town to not get rid of you even though we would learn quite a bit of information from your death and alignment revelation. Why would it be in the best interest of scum to night kill you when you attract plenty of suspicion as it is?

That's up through post 2520 but as it's now 10pm i've gotta head to bed so i'll be refreshed for school in the morning.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2598 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:09 am

Post by White »

Kinetic wrote:What's wrong with it?
It just seemed odd to me that you'd say something like, "I've never said I think Glork is scumm. I think Glork is scummy....".
Yos2 wrote:...I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. Could you clarify, please?
I don't understand why you think InHim's replacement can't be the sk. Just because he was investigated, simply means he's not the goon but he sure could indeed be the SK. I don't understand why you think otherwise.
Yos2 wrote:Again, huh? We weren't talking about the scum not lynching MBL or whatever.
Yos2 wrote:
MBL wrote:In fact, scum would probably rather lynch the SK than me right now, which is one reason why my wagon's not rocketing into the stratosphere.
Even if you're right and the scum don't think you're the SK, that dosn't prove anything
Yes you were. Hence my statement.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2600 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:43 am

Post by White »

Honestly if I was stressed about this game (as I am currently to a degree) I would do that. If I wanted to replace out of a game i'd definitely disappear and clean my replacements name. I definitely wouldn't trust that idea at all. InHim may just be cunning enough to do something like that. It is a point in his favor but in no way does it clear him.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2607 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:04 am

Post by White »

I'm not too sure. I mean I understand what he's doing and it's horrible play but...isn't he just stating what he's been implying all this time?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2610 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by White »

Hmm, i've said i'm ok with a Shteven lynch or an MBL one today. Glork asked (many pages back) who he should investigate in the lucky chance that he's not nked tonight. There were 2 votes for me, I don't mind this but my opinion is to investigate Kinetic or Rogueben.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2615 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:29 am

Post by White »

Hey guys, i'm going to be V/LA until Sunday, Monday at the latest.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2617 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by White »

Ok well, i'd move my vote over as I think that's the most likely candidate to get lynched and i'm ok with it but i'm leaving and don't want to leave my vote on someone while i'm gone. If nothing new turns up, expect my vote on Sunday.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2628 (isolation #22) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:29 pm

Post by White »

Yeah....TCS is acting weird....

unvote, Vote: TCS

Care to give an explanation?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2630 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:22 am

Post by White »

You're not giving the town any info to help us win either...
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2633 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by White »

*sigh* How frustrating. I'm really not liking how TCS is playing and quite frankly i'm starting to believe Shteven. I don't like his play early this game at all but his later game play doesn't strike me as mafia. He night be SK but gosh i'm so clueless. However! I'm pretty sure we've got scum in Tcs so i'll go ahead and park my vote there.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2637 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:27 am

Post by White »

TCS is at -2.

TCS, i'd suggest clearing up why you so desperately want to hammer.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2639 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:23 am

Post by White »

I thought the majority concensus was that MBL was the SK or most likely to be the SK or he was the highest candidate for that position?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2643 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by White »

If we're bringing up people leaning heavily on WIFOM don't forget MBL.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2654 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:10 am

Post by White »

I'm sorry, but how does you hammering prohibit the other scum from communicating or thinking about who to nk?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2656 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:08 am

Post by White »

4 scum?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2658 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:16 am

Post by White »

Just so we can all be on the same playing field, what is your reasoning MBL?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2659 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:21 am

Post by White »

White wrote:<snip> the other scum <snip>
Just in case there was some confusion, when I said the other scum I was accusing TCS of being scum, which is what I believe.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2661 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:26 am

Post by White »

Because you want to convince us you're town or because you're thoroughly deceived yourself or because you're drawing suspicion to yourself for some bizarre reason that is bad town play but you know you're town.

So you want to hammer so that you can quicklynch? As in as soon as someone hits -1 you're going to jump on?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2663 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:43 am

Post by White »

Wait a sec, Yos, weren't you the one asking for a Shteven case?

I was actually thinking YB scum first day, town second day and then he disappeared the 3rd day. Rogue hasn't really clarified any of my thoughts so if I were to choose one or the other i'd pick Shteven because I do feel he's scummy but I really dread going back through the thread to pick it all out. Especially when CTD is getting a bunch as it is.

Personally i'd prefer to lynch TCS today and then Shteven/MBL tomorrow. But I guess I could go with either one of those three today if it comes down to it.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2669 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by White »

Well, that does make me feel a bit better. Yes, I am new.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2672 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by White »

Glork wrote:Can we lynch Shteven or MBL now? Why does this TCS wagon exist? Who shot Kennedy? Who shot at me?
Glork, there are 3 scum out there. Sk, GodFather and Goon. Who do you think is the third scum?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2675 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by White »

Can you lay out a list of who's most suspicious of the remaining 7 people so that we can work off of that tomorrow after you're dead? (assuming you get NKed as you're the cop)
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2677 (isolation #37) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by White »

Ok.

Mod, can we get a vote count?

Why do I get the feeling it won't look impressive.

I know there are 10 people alive in this game right now but...honestly I can't remember 9 other people's names. I mean there's Glork, Shteven, MBL, TCS, Rogueben, Kinetic and CTD but who are the others? Oh, include Billy in there.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2679 (isolation #38) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by White »

Yes I know. It turns out this game has all very active people in it. I forgot you by a simple slip of the mind but I was just trying to recall by memory.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2689 (isolation #39) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by White »

Now that you mention it I'm starting to feel he's town based solely on his posts since I replaced in.

I felt he was scum in the beginning of the thread and now I feel he's more likely to be town aligned.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2719 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:36 am

Post by White »

CrashTextDummie wrote:I also didn't like how he called an MBL lynch "our best shot at nailing scum" despite listing Shteven as the 2 most likely candidate for
both
mafia and SK, which from a mathematical standpoint would make him the best candidate by far. It's also worth noting that he has never done any serious attempts to get anything going on Shteven, and now feels he's town. Very curious.
I never started a case on Shteven because most of it was gut towards the beginning of the thread and then afterwards i've honestly not had the desire to go back through the thread and search out things that Shteven has said that pinged my scumdar. This was all before I knew about the filtering abilities at the bottom of the thread. I also was indeed leaning very heavily on Glork's assessment's because he's supposedly very good and I was getting town vibes from him the whole game. I pretty much had him nailed as the cop around page 70ish, which confirmed my view that he was indeed town. Naturally he can be wrong I just felt that I had a better chance going with his judgement rather than going with my gut on things. Remember, a while back someone said that there's no reason to go with gut this many pages in.

If however you want me to run up a case against Shteven I can filter his posts and show you what struck me as odd. However I think i'll be half hearted as i'm feeling Shteven is more town now.

I guess I don't mind going through each of TCS's posts and doing an analysis. However i'm feeling iffy of you CTD. I didn't like inHim and i'm not really feeling town from you either.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2725 (isolation #41) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:05 pm

Post by White »

Yos, i'm really thinking TCS is the play for today.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2730 (isolation #42) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:53 pm

Post by White »

Geez MBL, are you trying to act like an idiot?

I'm telling Yos that TCS is a better play because I feel Shteven is town and we really don't need a mislynch right now.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2739 (isolation #43) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:05 am

Post by White »

I am going to have to agree with RB here. We should definitely lynch the person that is most suspicious regardless of investigation result. I personally feel that person is TCS not Shteven though.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2754 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by White »

I still think you're town and would rather sacrifice myself than lynch someone i'm so sure is town. Besides, you've got a much better grasp on this game than I do. Therefore I will not be putting you at 5.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2772 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:54 am

Post by White »

Ok, my thoughts here are that we've got probably 2 scum in a TCS (I still really think he's scum), CTD and Rogueben group. TCS and CTD can't be scum together though because Glork cleared them both. Which leaves a TCS Rogueben pair or CTD Rogueben pair.

The thoughts on Billy are interesting as I kinda got that vibe around midgame (thread wise) but then it disappeared. I've been very curious about his lurking though because he doesn't seem to need to lurk. The only explanation I can think of would be either RL got in the way or he didn't want to come on too protown that the mafia woudl target him. I highly doubt that he's mafia though.

MBL for SK, i'm starting to doubt that. I really don't see why he would kill Kinetic unless he was trying to frame me or TCS (I think kinetic was antiTCS) but that goes against his previous kills of people framing himself.

My two primary suspects for SK would be Billy (due to MBL's reasoning) and CTD (whom i've felt bad about all game. Inhim did nopt play protown in my eyes at all).

I don't know classic SKtells though so my SK hunting is likely to be way off. I'm just going off of people that seem scummy and eliminating from there.

If MBL isn't SK, I highly doubt he's scum as he's been seeming to scumhunt most of day 4.

I have gotten little to no vibes from Yos at all excluding the occasional town vibe so i'm willing to put him in the likely town pile as there are more suspicious people around.

I'm kinda surprised to be alive today so I want to make today count.

MajorFoS: TCS, Rogueben, CTD
MinorFoS: BillyTwilight

Not ready to vote until everyone checks in and offers some thoughts.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2778 (isolation #46) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:04 am

Post by White »

MBL, I would expect either CTD and Rogueben or TCS and Rogueben as scum teams.

CTD, that's fine by me but it'll involve a lot of inhim quotes because you haven't been around that long.

Hmm, the way I saw it was more of a friendly kinetic toward MBL, I guess i'll have to reread some of that.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2781 (isolation #47) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:20 am

Post by White »

This is going to be inHim posts only because I honestly don't feel like going through 100 pages to get the right post number. These posts will be numbered 0+. This will not be a pbpa though. Just things that caught my eye that seem odd.

Post 5 (of inHim) is just odd. He expressed that Guardian "joins the ranks of my scumlist" but doesn't back it up with anything, no fos, no vote. Instead he opps to leave his vote on TCS for being "sneaky" which we all know is a blatent scumtell.
inHim in his sixth post wrote:Glork, Guardian, and TCS - I feel QUITE strongly there's scum in that group. My vote is on TCS, which is cool with me.
Which if we weigh that they can't both be scum means he was just flat out wrong. Interests me but only to say that his thoughts aren't looking town oriented.

In his next 3 posts he casts suspicion on now-known cop Glork and then bandwagons Guardian because he's "against for letting Guardian off the hook".

Next meaningful post is 6 days later, "I really don't think you're scum... at the moment... but I'm not sure you're pointed in the right direction." "FoS: MoS" If he doesn't think MoS is scum, why is he FoSing? Because MoS could be causing confusion? Could his stance be any weaker?
inHim in his post 16 wrote:On the brighter side, HungryJoe also seems to be scum.

BTW: selling my vote to the highest bandwagon. Inquire inside.
Again calls a now-known townie scum. Then shows that he doesn't care where his vote goes so long as it ends the day(mentioned earlier in this post of his). His scumdar is way off again and he doesn't care how the day ends so long as it ends. Why would an experienced townie want this?

Hm, this is turning more into a pbpa...sorry...
inHim in his post 17 wrote:High bandwagon wins my vote, for the near future at least. And, no, that doesn't necessarily mean high bandwagon wins my suspicion.
How can you read this and get anything but scummy vibes?
inHim in his next post wrote:If I think the leading bandwagon is detrimental, I'll avoid it
Oh look, he contradicts himself.
inHim in his 23 wrote:OK, so either:

the leading bandwagons are both scum, along with the people not voting them

OR

you all just like watching me suffer.

SRSLY, we ought to end this
Why would a townie be so desperate to have the day end?
inHim, 27 wrote:Glork is scum. Would a vig please take care of this problem?
I was actually getting town vibes from Glork at this time.

In 30 inHim wagons Albert (confirmed townie but I don't blame the participants) for seemingly weak reasons.

His vote then jumps from TCS to Guardian to Glork over the next 17 semi contentless posts.
inHim, 47 wrote:The amount of times something about Guardian or Glork has gotten started, and then squelched and something on Shteven has sprung up is staggering. At least one of the two are scum.

I'm not going to be voting Shteven for a while.
Wrong wrong wrong wrong WRONG. So far his scumdar has consisted of mainly pushes against Guardian and Glork with spurts on TCS (my choice for scum if this guy isn't) and now Shteven.
inHimshallibe wrote:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Inhim-Glork Mafia, Shteven SK?
Figured i'd mention this gem.
inHim, 65 wrote:I still maintain Shteven = Town
This comes at the point when I find Shteven most suspicious excluding the very beginning of the thread. It's almost like inHim is getting the exact opposite read on people from what I was getting which I find odd. Can't really make more than a guess as to why and that guess would be heavily biased so I won't make it.
inHimshallibe wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:If both Shteven is scum, and Guardian is the doctor, I pretty much deserve to die.
Wifommy, You could be bussing Shteven and going after the Doctor. Then by saying this, If Guardian turns up Doc then Thats what you want everyone to think so Wait, Im making no sense.you could be a loyal townie that doesnt like to be mistakes. Or maybe thats what you want us to think.

I've confused myself here, But I dont like that post, for some reason.
This is the first time I think I've seen you make a substantial post.

YB seems townish here.
Wait, he seems townish because he calls your post wifommy? Or because...what? This post makes no sense to me so if someone could try and explain what inHim might have been thinking? For now i'll dub this an attempt to side with his scumbuddy YB.

In 70 he wagons Manaspryte for literally no reason other than he's a lurker. There are much more suspicious people about, what about the people with cases against them? Then in 71 he says waiting for a replacement is "the last thing we could do". This guy doesn't want to find scum, he wants to get to the night phase.
inHimshallibe, 72 wrote:
Glork wrote:It's called "YB is scum jumping on Spryte because he doesn't want himself or Shteven lynched today."

:D
Well, now that you put it that way...

If Yogurt is scum, I'll probably entertain the notion of lynching Shteven.

unvote
vote: YogurtBandit
Complete 180 on Shteven and this looks very much like a distancing vote.

In 77 he keeps pressing for a Glork wagon but doesn't back it up with a vote or FoS.

inHim continues to push for a YB lynch but doesn't do more than say little things like Lynch YB, or YB is the play for today. Doesn't give a case, almost like he doesn't want YB to be lynched but wants to look protown when YB comes up scum.

In comes CTD. Let's look at his thoughts on the dead people shall we? I'll post his views on everyone part 1 followed by 2 then 3 and finally 4 for each dead person:
CTD wrote:
Shteven
- His stance on the Albert wagon (being on it despite being less than convinced that he's scum) is peculiar, but he's quite frank and upfront about it, which I tend to see a a town-tell. Most of what he says sounds quite reasonable to me (I especially like that fact that he's noting Glork's odd behavior). He hasn't made any big waves (only 6 posts so far), which makes him a rather uninteresting character for now.
CTD wrote:
Shteven
– He’s developed into one of the more suspicious players over the last period of posts. After having voted Albert for an extended period of time, and having justified that vote in posts like 581 , he lumps him together with a bunch of other players rather unceremoniously, stating that “Albert, Guardian and TCS all seem to be the same player to [him]” (Post 649) only one day later, which indicates that he doesn’t really find one scummier than the other, not to mention is a rather lazy way to analyze a bunch of people. Yet later on, he replaces Guardian with BM in this “list of similitude” (Post 800), and in fact votes Guardian for early game stuff, i.e. stuff that didn’t seem to bother him previously.
CTD wrote:
Shteven
- Still scummy. I didn't like at all how he attacked Glork based on the ludicrous assumption that Glork is 80% successful as a scum-hunter, and that he later back-pedalled from this statement doesn't really change that. I also didn't like how he tried to throw suspicion on Guardian and YB for not voting each other (something that is patently not scummy if the two persons involved don't suspect each other, which was evident in this case, and are vanillas), it felt like he was trying to coax them other. He later reinforced this faulty position in a post that feels phony to me. Especially this line:
Shteven wrote:P.S. I am not claiming that I know yogurt is townie
indicates the kind of self-awareness to me that scum has.

To top this all off, he ended up being on the Albert wagon, despite his stated belief that the probability of Albert being scum is less than 50%. His whole Post 1284 feels wrong, actually. Probably scum.
CTD wrote:
Shteven
- he continues to be very scummy, but there is a caveat. First and foremost, I didn't appreciate his flip-floppy stance towards Guardian at all. I was particularly flabbergasted that "a 40% likelihood that Guardian's claim is the truth" was enough for him to unvote, even though it equates to a 60% likelihood that he's lying scum, which is a lot higher than what Shteven was willing to lynch ABR for (30% IIRC, I'm too tired to read back). I also think there's what could very well be a scum-slip in his posts at that time:
Shteven in 1519 wrote:MoS's "save" of guardian has already been mentioned. This one falls to whether or not you think MoS would be that straightforward; if not, it's sadly WIFOM. I put some stock into this.
Securing a mislynch for any day is worth the risk, in my mind.[/b] Perhaps not as much day 1, though, as lynches are likely to fail already; but all it takes is ~2 non-mafia lynches early on and the game is solidly in the mafia's camp. Night kills can still interfere, if you get lucky as we have.
I find it quite significant that Shteven is readily assuming YB to be innocent in order to spin MoS's behavior in a way that would indicate a link to Guardian. You sure you don't have any inside knowledge?

Some of his play just continues not to make any sense to me at all. When asked to list his top 3 suspects aside from Glork by AE, he listed Guardian, Inhim and Sarcastro, and yet followed that up by some weird half-defense of both Inhim and Sarc for some incomprehensible reason, which basically must have meant that he didn't really suspect anyone aside from Glork and Guardian, which is certainly unorthodox considering there were 60+ pages of posts. It's also pretty significant that Sarc made it into this list, which could indicate distancing.

And then of course, there was the Sarcastro vote. Was it busing? What I find noteworthy is that the vote itself is very unlike Shteven in this game. Up until this point, I felt like he was very focused on a limited number of players (which didn't include Sarc) and mostly shuffled his vote around between them. He also cast the vote for a rather weak reason (that Sarc was gonna miss the deadline). Furthermore, it's also noteworthy that Sarc was voting Shteven as well. All things considered, I don't find it unlikely that this was a distancing attempt. If there was scum on the wagon, Shteven is the most likely candidate.
CTD wrote:
Shteven
- I'm starting to get cold feet about him a bit. The one thing that strikes me about him is consistency. Not only his own, but the consistency with which I found his actions scummy. I'm getting flashbacks of FTF, in which I had similar feelings about Nightfall because I developed the mindset that he was scum early on and started seeing everything he did from this PoV. He ended up being the only player I read fundamentally wrong.

There's nothing in these last 20 pages about him that screams scum to me, and the only real strike against him was that he helped lynch Guardian, although the circumstances don't actually hint at his alignment either way (which is why you don't fakeclaim as town, Guardian, if you're still reading). My opinion about him at this point in large parts depends on how he defends himself against the various points I brought up against him over my analysis.
Uninteresting to scummy to scummy to scummy to cold feet.
CTD wrote:
Glork
- Peculiar. Right off the bat he confronted MBL, which I find noteworthy considering their past history. His rather soft stance towards Guardian (at the beginning) and BM (throughout) is something I can't quite follow. The posts of his I find myself in complete agreement with are somewhat sparse, I usually jive more with town Glork. These things could point towards him being scum. On the other hand, I seriously doubt he's mafia, based on the rather shameless way known scumbag BBB leaned on him. Especially in the early goings, BBB tried to link himself to Glork in almost every post he made, which strikes me as very counter-intuitive behavior for scumbuddies. Glork himself didn't seem to realize the linkage, but then again it's not unheard of for him to miss such things. No verdict on Glork yet.
CTD wrote:
Glork
– He has pretty much settled into what I’m used to from him as town at this point, which is decent analysis (particularly on Shteven) and what appears to be a general pro-town drive. It’s worth pointing out that another scumbag in MoS quite blatantly buddied up to him during this period, which is another point in favor of him not being mafia. Not interesting.
CTD wrote:
Glork
- I've pretty much ruled him out as scum at this point. There were a number of things in this part of the game (particularly the very analytical case against Shteven) that feel distinctly Glork-town, and I also think he's treated the deadline situation in a reasonably pro-town manner. Not interesting.
CTD wrote:
Glork
- He did some things that didn't strike the right cord with me during this period, mainly the apparent SK directing he got most of the flak for, but I felt he was legit in his defense (and for the record, I think he does get emotional and over-defensive when attacked as town). His analyses and general suspicions still jive well with me. Probably town.
CTD wrote:
Glork
- All but certainly the cop. Timing of the claim, amount of breadcrumbing and general play pretty much rule out any possibility of him being any kind of scum. Now all he has to do is stop being stupid about MBL.
No verdict to town to town to town to definitely cop. On a side note, notice how he buddies up to MBL.
CTD wrote:
Battle Mage
- I take solace in the fact the he's gonna be replaced at some point during this readthrough, cause he's a bitch to read as usual. I found his behavior towards Guardian legitimately scummy. On the flip side, I find the fact that a number of people where willing to defend him for little to no reason (including scumbag BBB) to be a point in favor of BM-town. A dark horse.
CTD wrote:
Battle Mage
– He dropped completely off the radar during this portion of the game, which is quite uncharacteristic of him. The only thing he really did of note was a vote on Guardian, which isn’t exactly inspiring. Not sure how to interpret the lurking, so I’ll hold off judgement once again.
CTD wrote:
Battle Mage
- He remained uncharacteristically inactive in this part of the game still, and I particularly didn't like his failure to commit to a wagon in the face of a deadline. Of further note is his first post of D2, which feels like an opportunistic jump on Guardian, which he accuses of being the SK while completely ignoring that MBL had done a lot of the things that he's suspicious of Guardian for, and more. A candidate.
CTD wrote:
BattleMage/Kinetic
- There's not much on BattleMage. I didn't like the manner with which he went after Guardian at all, but he redeemed himself considerably with his last action of relevance. I really wouldn't except BM scum to ease off of Guardian after hounding him so feverishly and definitively. Kinetic is too fresh to get a read on, so I'll once again forgo any conclusions, though I'm leaning towards town at this point.
CTD wrote:
Kinetic
- He's one of the players I feel most safe about. I was starting to lean towards town at the end of BM's stint, and I continue to to do after having read up on Kinetic. What struck me as most town about him was his attack against Guardian. Seeing as Guardian had admitted to a lie, his lynch was indeed all but inevitable, and there was no real need for scum to push for it because some townies were gonna take care of this on their own. I believe Kinetic to be one of these townies. His defense against various attacks also struck an honest cord with me. Not interesting.
Unknown to saying he'll withhold judgement but hints at thinking BM is acting suspicious to "a candidate [for scum]" to unknown leaning towards town to town. Side note, he says Kinetic is not interesting, why? Everyone should be interesting by page 100. Saying someone's not interesting is dismissing their mistakes out of hand.

Sorry for the long post. Due to inHim's playing and anti town scum reads i'm going to
Vote: Crashtextdummie
. I do not believe he's been playing much more than a mediator and no this is not OMGUS because he finds me very suspicious.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2782 (isolation #48) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:36 am

Post by White »

Albert B. Rampage
– 8 – Yosarian2,
xyzzy
, MrBuddyLee,
HackerHuck
, YogurtBandit,
Shteven
, The Central Scrutinizer, inHimShallIBe
YogurtBandit – 8 –
Sarcastro
, Billy Twilight,
HungryJoe
, Jack,
Glork, Albert B. Rampage
Mastermind of Sin
Guardian

Guardian
– 2 –
Battle Mage
AutumnEvenings

Albert is mislynched.

Guardian
- 6 (
MS
, Yos2,
Shteven
, TCS,
Kinetic
, Jack)
Jack- 1 (YB)
TCS- 1
(HackerHuck)
HH
- 1 (Jack)
Kinetic- 1 (Guardian)

Guardian is mislynched.

Shteven
- 4 - TCS,
Glork
, Billy Twilight, Yos2
White - 4 -
Kinetic
, MBL, Crash Text Dummy,
Shteven

TCS – 2 – White, Rogueben

Shteven is mislynched.

We can't continue on like this. Let's see if we notice a pattern.

Yos2 is on every mislynch and so it TCS.

I honestly am getting protown vibes from Yos so that leaves TCS as looking pretty bad. I'm short on time but feel free to draw whatver conclusions you want from that.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2792 (isolation #49) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:41 am

Post by White »

Sorry, i've been pretty busy the last few days. Ok. The reason I didn't really comment on CTD's posts is because 1) there aren't that many of them and 2) there's not much to comment on regarding his thoughts on the dead.

TCS, are you saying you're going to make a list of suspicion and leave the most suspicious people alone? How is that helpful?

I like my vote on CTD but wouldn't mind switching it over to TCS if the winds blow that way.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2797 (isolation #50) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:09 am

Post by White »

MBL, i'm leaning toward you being town but with your constant critique to the SK (if it's not you venting) you're not at all helping my view.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2802 (isolation #51) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:41 am

Post by White »

Prodded, i'm here.

Would be happy with a TCS or CTD lynch, want to see more from Billy before pushing for that lynch.

Got my vote on CTD atm, inhim gave me scummy vibes from the very beginning, going to keep my vote there unless TCS looks like he'll get lynched in which case i'll move over there.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2806 (isolation #52) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:59 am

Post by White »

Well, actually you've brought something to my attention CTD and for that I thank you. I've been more interested in catching who I find most suspicious rather than integrating who is scum in what pool. If that makes no sense then...idk, I can try to explain later.

I'm so unsure about TCS because i've felt that he's been scum the WHOLE ENTIRE game but then he says he wanted to hammer so that he could draw the nk which all fits perfectly with his play yesterday. But I can't shake the feeling that he's scum.

CTD, I quoted your posts on your thoughts about the dead people because I thought I could find some stuff in there but it turned up dry so I just left it in there rather than take it out, ignore it if you want.

I still think CTD is very likely VERY likely to be scum and it would fit with him trying to get me to focus on the other group that he's not in but he does make a good point about where i'm focusing.

Wow, 3 scum in 7 people, I didn't realize how dire a situation we're in. Ok, let's focus.

If MBL isn't the SK then he's almost guaranteed (in my mind) to not be mafia. Is he SK? Perhaps. I'll compare him to others in a list in a second.

TCS, could be mafia or sk, haven't liked his play at all this whole game and his stunt that he didn't actually carry through on could have been a ploy to look town. Candidate for either scum group.

CTD, above.

Billy, I can't see him as mafia. He doesn't seem to have any ties with anyone at all which means if he is scum he's the sk. This is where i'd put my money on sk candidate because he genuinely seems to be hunting scum which the sk can and would do.

Rogueben, i'm just not getting an sk vibe from him. It's possible but it would make much more sense for YB to have been mafia with friends that derailed the wagon twice. With him going up 2 times though...it's iffy. Possibly his friends tried to bus him twice and then gave up mid way through. I don't know. Wild card that I didn't like his play earlier either.

Yos, I can't see him as sk or mafia.

SK list:
Billy
CTD
TCS
Rogueben
MBL
Yos

Mafia list:
CTD
Rogueben
TCS
Billy
MBL
Yos

Which means I have no intention of voting Yos today and likely won't vote MBL either. I think it would be best if we could hit the sk today and eliminate an nk which would give us a chance tomorrow with 3 town 2 scum. But if we hit a townie and no cross kill we're in 2 town, 2 mafia, 1 sk. Doesn't that mean we lose?

I feel very strongly that we need to hit the sk today so i'll
Unvote, Vote: BillyTwilight
but I could go for a CTD lynch today if the winds blow that way. I'm just unsettled enough about TCS to not include him this time around.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”