Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3955 (isolation #400) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Post by Grib »

This is immensely annoying. None of the people who are under suspicion are really saying or doing anything.

Like. Drixx, I'm sorry about your condition, and I highly doubt you /want/ to read the game and fight your lynch, but I think if you were town you'd at least be trying, or you'd replace out instead of doing /absolutely nothing/ except saying 'oh yeah I'm VT you shouldn't lynch me.'
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3956 (isolation #401) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:40 pm

Post by Grib »

Pointy called out Kitzslot so many times and never made a move to vote her. There was too much 'oh yes xyz is scummy but this is my excuse for not wanting to pressure/vote/lynch them' BS, but the whole Daychat thing is a good point against that.

bleh
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3960 (isolation #402) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 3957, Drixx wrote:snip

That wasn't my intention at all.

It's hard to know what you're thinking if you don't say anything. 'I'm at xyz and this is what I think' type posts whenever you can manage or something like that could help.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3961 (isolation #403) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by Grib »

I mean.

The last guy we lynched lurked it out.

So it's not like the suspicions are completely unfounded.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3962 (isolation #404) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Grib »

Also, it's frowned upon on other forums, but regardless of what you may think of it, it is in fact used quite extensively here, from what I've seen.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3964 (isolation #405) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:41 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 3957, Drixx wrote:
In post 3955, Grib wrote:Like. Drixx, I'm sorry about your condition, and I highly doubt you /want/ to read the game and fight your lynch, but I think if you were town you'd at least be trying, or you'd replace out instead of doing /absolutely nothing/ except saying 'oh yeah I'm VT you shouldn't lynch me.'

Okay cool, well you can apologize for your faux sincerity later.

Actually, I'm just going to do this now.

You are right. It is pretty much faux sincerity. I'm not actually sorry, in the same way I would be if you were a family member, or a close friend. I'm not sorry because you are a stranger on the Internet I have no emotional attachment to. I'm sorry for you in the same way I'm sorry for murder victims or natural disaster survivors shown on the news. I can't force myself to genuinely empathize with you any more than I can force myself to fall in love with a specific person, or force myself to be afraid of dandelions. But I also /am/ sorry to an extent because I'm not a sociopath.

I said it to be polite. Saying 'I'm sorry' when you don't or can't actually mean it is called a polite lie. And because 'hey you're lurking' is not a cool thing to say when someone has declared they're not really going to be able play a game they subbed into because of a real life medical condition. Like, I'm not going to disregard your explanation post and insist you read everything and respond to the pressure on you /regardless of how you're feeling/ because you have a legitimate excuse for not doing so. The point behind was that your catch-up was effectively invisible, which made it look like you were lurking, and you zeroing in on my 'fake sincerity' really pisses me off.

When you say you're catching up but give /absolutely no indication that you are in fact catching up/, that leads me to think you're simply lurking. That is what I was getting at.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3966 (isolation #406) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:36 am

Post by Grib »

Yeah, hopefully. I like your name, and your avatar.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3974 (isolation #407) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:40 am

Post by Grib »

Has a factional roleblock ever existed?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3976 (isolation #408) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Grib »

Try playing it from the beginning. :P
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4036 (isolation #409) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:23 am

Post by Grib »

boop
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4038 (isolation #410) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:39 am

Post by Grib »

le boop

I can't even remember what I was doing in this game.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4046 (isolation #411) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by Grib »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: PointYBagelS

Whee.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4068 (isolation #412) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:41 am

Post by Grib »

I really hope dave isn't a Godfather.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4074 (isolation #413) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Grib »

ugh, am I still alive

Drixx, please post? Or at least update on why you aren't.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4075 (isolation #414) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Grib »

wow I forgot I changed my avatar
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4077 (isolation #415) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Post by Grib »

Hail the Irken Overlords.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4078 (isolation #416) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by Grib »

And congratulations on the win!
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4085 (isolation #417) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by Grib »

Uh. My role makes perfect sense. Cop, Vig, and Doc.

I'm surprised scum didn't shoot BBT, since they risked bouncing a kill off of his target.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4095 (isolation #418) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:33 am

Post by Grib »

You really want to be right about something.

dave, that thought leads to 'BBT is scum' but eh. That probably isn't it.

RIP, I protected No One because I'm out of abilities. I uh. Admitted that too early and thought scum would shoot BBT because I was stupid, but welp.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4097 (isolation #419) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Grib »

Why did we lynch outside of RIP/Nero yesterDay again?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4098 (isolation #420) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:02 am

Post by Grib »

Like, RIP, your vote on me makes no sense.

One of you or Nero is scum. Nero shouldn't be lying about being untargetable, as that would force us to lynch you and if you're actually a Cop that's really bad!

You shouldn't be lying because if you are it's a pretty bad lie.

So yeah.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4125 (isolation #421) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Grib »

Drixx, I will probably lynch you if you don't start posting your thoughts.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4126 (isolation #422) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Grib »

elusive, you can't keep thinking I'm a Serial Killer every time I change my avatar. :(
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4165 (isolation #423) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:16 am

Post by Grib »

VOTE: Drixx
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4173 (isolation #424) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by Grib »

Drixx, you've been hyping up your catch-up post(s) for a while now.

We can only take your word for it for so long.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4211 (isolation #425) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:19 am

Post by Grib »

This game is never going to end, is it.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4223 (isolation #426) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Grib »

Spoiler: stuff
Wow, there’s a lot of stuff I don’t like.
In post 4171, Drixx wrote:I really don't see anything that I can defend myself with.
I'm being suspected for mechanics reasons
and not something that came out of my slot. Either you believe my claim and I keep trying to see if I can spot the scum narrative slip that I know has to be there in a game 4200 posts long ... or you can lynch me if that somehow helps town. I'm not a PR, and the only thing I bring to the table is rational analysis of the game. I believe my best play is in the late game figuring out where scum narratives had to adjust for unexpected things, but that takes time and work to figure out. I've got a white board with some thoughts scribbled on it, but I wouldn't be the game on any specific person being scum just yet.

I'm dumping as much time as I have into this game right now.

That is not why you’re being suspected. Rubicon already went over this.

Posting thoughts as you go is not half-assing it. It’s letting us know you’re participating.

In post 4177, Drixx wrote: Just to make sure I understand this correctly: more than half the game have implicitly or explicitly called me a liar at this point? Elusive went so far as to mock me despite objective evidence that my late game play is legit.

I should be motivated to sink time into what is supposed to be fun when you guys are being nasty why?

Getting mad about getting called a liar in a game of lying?

It’s the whole ‘I’m reading and totally catching up’ thing that’s being attacked, not your IRL excuse. There’s nothing nasty about it.

In post 4178, Drixx wrote:Here's the deal. I have a significant sample of completed games on site, of varying sizes and lengths. I also, obviously, have ongoing games on site. You all may feel free to view all of my games and feel just as free to point out any completed game where I just lurksacked and didn't engage or where I said something was the case and it was not. You have zero basis to attack me personally, and it's outright bullshit, especially from people who know me from prior games.

Games don't just magically click into place and solve themselves. It takes time and effort. You lot really expect that I should have just devoted every waking moment the last couple days to immersing into this game? I thought we had a lengthy amount of time to work with for a reason. I also, and I know this must be a shocker to those of you who are personally attacking me, have other hobbies. If you have nothing else to do with your time and can spend 12 hours a day on mafia games ... that's spectacular. I'm glad for you. I have a finite amount of time, and if that's not good enough for you, then just lynch me and see that I was being honest, and then look through who has played with me before and didn't want me to finish reading through and taking notes on the game.

Because my "giveashit" level for this game just went down to like 0.5 when I refreshed to keep up while in another tab I'm ~100 pages back.

Okay, but we don’t need the entire history of your past games. Just for you to focus on this game. There are no personal attacks. You’re either getting mad over a misunderstanding, or this is fake scumrage to get us to back off.

Like. You claiming that us attacking you is making you less motivated and less likely to catch up is such a scumtell. I don’t know how you can’t see this.

In post 4180, Drixx wrote:
In post 4179, Rubicon wrote:You said you have notes and they're incomplete. Please post them.

Go to that website I linked you and tell me the flaw in your clever plan. Or do you think I should drop $20 so I can invite the whole game to my whiteboard just so that
you will stop calling me a liar, without any evidence or reason to do so
?

That’s not what he meant and you know it.

In post 4184, Drixx wrote:Elusive you have played with me before. You can also go look at my completed games. Have you ever seen me just lurk out of a game? Have I ever replaced out of a game? The answer to those question is a resounding no.

I haven't gotten ... for lack of a better word ... "hooked" into this game yet. Normally it only takes a little bit and I can get into the flow of things. It's uncommon for me to have trouble getting into mafia games. I greatly enjoy mafia.

I'll either get into this one and be useful or you'll be impatient and lynch me and see I'm a VT and hopefully that doesn't hurt the town. Given that the deadline is a significant length of time away, I think it's wicked premature to conclude that I am for some reason just completely being a different player than my entire time on site, for no discernible reason.

I mean ... I replaced into SMITE with the gamestate being awful, my team mates being completely demoralized and basically barely willing to even interact in the scum PT, let alone in game. At one point they were like 28 and 19 days inactive in the activity overview. I carried that to a scum win. If I was willing to do the work to get into
that
game, shouldn't that fact buy me some freaking benefit of the doubt here?

It's precisely because I'm not an imbecile that I haven't given reads yet. I have conflicting thoughts on a couple of players. I'm trying to read in context because I feel like I'm missing something by just looking at out of context things. Sometimes you can read an ISO and get a lot from it. Sometimes the context is the key. Rubicon's suggestion to just read from when I replaced in didn't end up with me having anyone I felt even remotely sure was scum. I'm doing what I know how to do, which is to read and note things that catch my attention.

The more I have to sit here and have an argument with people who should know better, the less I am doing what you want me to do.

Then stop making posts like these?

I honestly don’t know what’s taking so long. I think you’re probably doing a /lot/ more than you need to, which comes across as stalling.

In post 4190, Drixx wrote:We have 10 days and 17 hours on the deadline. I am irritated because I'm being called a liar and scum and people are trying to push me to do it half assed and there's loads of time left. I don't see any reason that me taking a couple more days and making a significant post that should be at least somewhat useful is a bad thing. You all may still decide to kill me because of that whole "Slot flaked, no kill happened, ergo slot is scum" ... "logic" ... but at least you'll have what I've got to say when you run me up and I flip town.

Okay, ten days. Please don’t disappoint.

In post 4192, Drixx wrote:Are you always an asshole Nero, or are you just bestowing me with some special attention?

Sigh.

In post 4194, Drixx wrote:I wasn't aware nearly dying was an excuse. I'll have to note that for future reference. If nearly dying isn't a good reason not to dump time into a forum mafia game, then all reasons short of actual death must, by definition, be excuses.

Okay, see, this is not okay.

If you’re going to continue playing in this game despite your condition, you will be held to the same basic standards as the rest of us. That includes being called a liar or scum when you seem suspicious (in your case, it looks like you’re stalling).

Because if your condition is that bad, then you shouldn’t be playing, because nobody wants to play with a person who’s going to fall back on something like ‘I nearly died, please leave me alone.’ Seriously, what the fuck? Guilt tripping people over a game /you/ decide to play /despite severe circumstances/ is such an asshole thing to do. Please stop it.

Drixx, you don't have to respond to this. I'm just letting you know.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4279 (isolation #427) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 4278, Drixx wrote:You basically just outed me as town by pointing out my case has flaws and contradictions. Thanks... I guess?

what
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4304 (isolation #428) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:28 am

Post by Grib »

In post 4282, Rubicon wrote:What do you guys think about the following reasoning? This may seem unimportant but I'm going somewhere with it.

Drixx was tracked going nowhere on the night RIP claimed to receive No Result. Therefore he wasn't responsible for the No Result, and can only be scum with a partner who was responsible for it.

davesaz was checked as town by Grib. Therefore he can only be scum if he's a Godfather. Therefore he wasn't responsible for the No Result, since a Godfather can't roleblock people.

Conclusions:
- If there is only one scum left, it's neither Drixx nor davesaz.
- If there are two scum left, it's not Drixx and davesaz
together
-- one or the other, but not both.

Does this make sense?

In post 4289, Rubicon wrote:tl;dr -- At least one of RIP/Nero/Vampirate is mafia. Lynch RIP -> Vamp -> Nero -> one of dave/drixx (do them last) and win.

Who should we rule out as lynches? Since BBT is the only PR left who can still use his power, he's going to die soon if he's town. So strategically, we can set him aside for the moment. elusive is town for the N1 no kill and by her meta. Grib is town because we don't have a mafia vigilante who shot his own partner for no good reason. And because I know how to read Grib and he's just 100% town.

That leaves RIP, Nero Cain, Vampirate, Drixx, Dave.

Based on , one of RIP, Nero Cain and Vampirate is mafia.

We have four lynches left. If there is only one mafia (which I believe), lynching those three first wins the game.

If there are two mafia, lynching those three first will snag at least one, maybe both. If you run the numbers, in the worst case that puts us in LyLo having to decide between Dave and Drixx. But with another scum dead, we may have enough information to solve that based on interactions.

This is beautiful.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: RIP

Drixx, stop tunneling dave.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4321 (isolation #429) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Grib »