VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #1) » Wed May 13, 2015 8:08 am

Post by VysePresident »

UNVOTE:

This is more of a prod dodge than anything. Will catch up when I feel more like wading through that tunnelfight.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #2) » Fri May 15, 2015 7:54 am

Post by VysePresident »

Prod dodging.

This is literally the day of the Black Belt test I keep making excuses for. I'll catch up over the weekend, when I'm better able to focus on the game.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #3) » Sat May 16, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 148, BROseidon wrote:
In post 5, VysePresident wrote:VOTE: BROseidon

Heya! Long time no see! :)

Lol. I need to head back to our homesite now that v6 is starting up.

Also I don't have v5 or v6 access for some reason...

That'd be cool! I'd like to play you again sometime, back home.

Incidentally, does Penguin still play here at all?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #4) » Sat May 16, 2015 9:42 pm

Post by VysePresident »

(Disclaimer: I've only read up to page 11 without skimming, and I'm going to bed shortly, so I'll drop an overview of what thoughts I have off the top of my head.)

Honestly, as I'm rereading the thread, the weirdest thing about that whole RC vs. Jake mess is how quickly those two go from zero to a hundred m.p.h. based off a stupid ego match. I can kinda see Jake doing this, from what little I've seen of his play, but I'm not sure what to make of RC. There's a lot of theory, but I don't see much attempt to actually
understand
the situation. I'm just waffling on whether it's entirely ego driven, or scum theater. I'm starting to lean towards the former, but I won't be sad if we lynch one them, with my preference currently being RC.

I actually really like Lostaway so far. The first post was meh, but I liked the second a lot. I'm leaning Town on her.

Matt's okay too, but I can't say I really care about his case on Bulge much, as of yet. I'm just kinda meh on Bulge as a whole, I guess. PK is okay-ish, but I've yet to be entirely comfortable with my ability to read him. I look forward to actually having some meta to work with, at some point. :igmeou:

Some of Bro's engagements are bothering me a little, but I want to see how that pans out.

No real scumreads as of this point. :/
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #5) » Sat May 16, 2015 9:44 pm

Post by VysePresident »

@Pac - I'm a fairly mild-mannered guy who started playing Mafia on another site, which is where I know Bro from. (I'm not an alt, if that's your question?) In terms of playstyle, I'd like to think I take a game thoughtfully, and I try to get a clear picture before I start pushing reads & the like, most of the time. I like to get a feel for how people think, and work down from there. I feel it works for me, as long as I can avoid getting caught in a stupid loop of second-guessing myself & procrastination. Unfortunately, this game has been almost entirely the latter, so I'm breaking it up into pieces so I can at least start moving.

I also post ridiculously late at night in recent times, and I whine about it all the time, because I'm too
stupid
busy to change that easily. :P

That's the story of me. How about yourself?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #6) » Sat May 16, 2015 9:48 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 219, BROseidon wrote:
In post 170, Oversoul wrote:
In post 163, BROseidon wrote:1) there are certain things that resonate with me that other players tend to miss for whatever reason. The reason I'm getting town vibes from pisskop is one of those.

What are is the "one thing" that is resonating with you?

It's the way in which he's doing nothing. Not going to post my full intentionality theory, but the tl;dr is that true lack of intentionality comes from town, and I think pisskop has demonstrated true lack of intentionality.

Eh, I like this, actually.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (isolation #7) » Sat May 16, 2015 9:49 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 200, pisskop wrote:Like if I had a dollar for every game they were in with me and somebody went apecrap on her D1 and she was town Id have 5 or 6 of them.

Im not getting a town vibe from her. Im not lynching you because of her. You, as a townie should be okay sacrificing yourself only if it comes to that, not eager to just cuz.

Can you point me to a couple of these games, please?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (isolation #8) » Sun May 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 436, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 430, VysePresident wrote:Incidentally, does Penguin still play here at all?

Would that be a guy named insane penguin?

Nah, it'd be a gal named Penguin_Alien.

In post 437, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 434, VysePresident wrote:Eh, I like this, actually.

Why?

I kinda agree with both the theory & the application. I tend to refer to the former as 'direction' and/or 'positioning', but in general, I find it to be one of the better ways to scumhunt. In terms of the application, I'm kinda, sorta in agreement about PK.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (isolation #9) » Sun May 17, 2015 10:23 pm

Post by VysePresident »

VOTE: Elyse

Heya! Can I get an overview of your thoughts on the game? :)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (isolation #10) » Sun May 17, 2015 10:24 pm

Post by VysePresident »

So, let's do a reads list before I move on for the night.

Leaning Town - Lostaway(+), Bro(+?), MattP(-), Grimmjow

NOTES: The scumreads on Lost are kinda baffling to me. Maybe I'm biased, because I've found myself thinking along very similar lines at times, but I'm seeing a clear train of thought, and I like it. I don't see her so-called waffling as being particularly problematic at this juncture.

Bro's jumping up to a Townread after further reading. It's mostly a matter of gut/familiarity with his playstyle. I disagree with his push on Lost, obviously, but his general tone & pushes are in line with what I'd expect from his Town game.

Matt's a lesser Townread because I can sorta see him being where he's at now, even though I see things differently from him. This one's likely to be updated as I read through him again.

Eh, Grimmjow can be Town. I like his ISO, at least after the first glance.

---

Null - Oversoul(+), Jake, RC(?), PK(?), The Bulge, Flubber, EPM, & Kinetic.

Tentatively moving PK down here because there's a bit of a belittling/pushy tone coupled with iffy reads that I'm not fond of, and I kinda want to review my initial take on him when I have more time.

Oversoul is hard for me to read, but I'm not really feeling the push on him at the moment. I'm putting him as Null+ because I want to double-check this one when I'm not quite so tired.

Jake & RC are both meh reads. I'm starting to lean a little more Town on the two after finishing the thread, just because there's a consistency to their thought processes outside of the tunnel fight. There's a blindness to their respective pushes on each other that's driving me crazy, but at this point, I'm leaning more ego than scummy. :|

RC is lower because I'm a bit more skeptical of how they entered the fight (specifically, the RVS into Scumread was less than impressive) but...meh.

The Bulge, Kinetic, EPM, & Flubber just haven't been on my radar, beyond Flubber being a bit more active than I expected, & the fact that the latter two are being scumread for reasons that don't really move me one way or the other as of yet. I'm not going to pretend to have any great insights on them tonight. #DejaVu
---

Scummy - Mostly leaning on my Elyse read at the moment. I feel like she's getting a bit too much of a pass at present. I'm not particularly fond of her ISO, nor is it really great in context either - it's mostly a series of prods & jumps that ping me slightly, because there's very little commitment.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (isolation #11) » Tue May 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Prod dodging because I"m not quite caught up with life.

Might post something more substantial tonight, but I don't want to make any promises. I'm pretty tired & wouldn't mind hitting the sack 'early'.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (isolation #12) » Wed May 20, 2015 9:30 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Let's not do this.

I'm one step shy of agreeing with you, if you add in Elyse to that list. :/
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (isolation #13) » Wed May 20, 2015 9:40 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Eh, I've pushed wagons in at the last minute before. (Like, almost a majority of my games. :/ ) It's a pain, but this isn't nearly as hard as some others. I'm inclined to agree with Matt that you're getting pushed more for crappy presentation than scuminess.

The only thing that really bothers me about you at this point is that you're more blind than I'd care for, but it's following a progression I'm not sure you could fake. :$ (If you are, I both hate & admire you, in the friendliest possible way. :P )

I'll be on tomorrow, after I've had a chance to get my thoughts in order again. Let's not hammer this, please.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (isolation #14) » Wed May 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 935, RadiantCowbells wrote:This is the only way I can see where town gets anything from D1.

...I can't say for sure how everyone sees you, but I've not been questioning your reads because of your alignment, so much as your alignment because of your judgment. If you get lynched, and there's nobody else pushing your reads, there's a very high chance they'll get brushed off as crappy play.

I guess I'm just saying it'd help if you'd communicate more thoughtfully. At least, it's worked for me, usually.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (isolation #15) » Wed May 20, 2015 9:45 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Just my 0.2, of course.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (isolation #16) » Sat May 23, 2015 11:16 am

Post by VysePresident »

Catch you guys tonight.

This might be a subtle proddodge.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (isolation #17) » Mon May 25, 2015 11:54 am

Post by VysePresident »

Prod dodging until tonight. I'd talk now, but life. :/
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (isolation #18) » Wed May 27, 2015 10:44 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Posting here partly for prod dodging purposes, and partly as an apology. I don't really have any excuses for procrastinating so much on this game, beyond my frustration with it. (It's partly me disliking my reads, mostly the fact that I need to reread the game to get my head back into it, and I haven't been looking forward to that.)

I'm currently doing a reread, because I've been skimming the game up this point, but I'll run through what thoughts I've had, for what they're worth.

I've been skimming over some of Lost's ISOs in her Newbies, since her wagon took off, and my read on her is still pretty firmly Town. I very much do not want to lynch her today. She's probably the only read I'm really confident on right now.

RC is mehTown, and I'm mostly in agreement with MattP's posting recent posting spree on her. MattP himself is still good.

Bro's slipping down a bit. Still leaning Town, but subject to change.

I've skimmed over some of Elyse's other games too, and I'm getting a bit less comfortable with my read. I'm still leaning more scum than not on her, and I'm holding my vote for now. I'm not really sure how to explain it yet beyond that I dislike her pushes. I want to say that there's a lack of curiosity, but that's not quite it. I'll get back to this one later, once I've finished.

I don't remember why I was starting to feel iffy about EvilPak. This one needs to be updated too.

That's what I have right now. :|
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (isolation #19) » Fri May 29, 2015 9:42 pm

Post by VysePresident »

~66% done. :|
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (isolation #20) » Sun May 31, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by VysePresident »

VOTE: Lost

:|
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (isolation #21) » Sun May 31, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by VysePresident »

That's L-1, FYI.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (isolation #22) » Sun May 31, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by VysePresident »

If she's scum, I'm going to take the last shattered fragments of my self-confidence & cry in a corner. :/
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:40 pm

Post by VysePresident »

@Mod - Likewise requesting replacement

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”