Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:02 am

Post by DYH »

Random
Vote: Rand Althor
. He's probably gone mad from the One Power and is balefiring people to death. :p
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:22 am

Post by DYH »

Unvote

Vote: Sir Tornado

I'm just using your suggestion. Let's start with you.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:57 am

Post by DYH »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
DYH wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Sir Tornado

I'm just using your suggestion. Let's start with you.
unvote, vote: DYH
I always find this kind of thing mildly scummy. It's the sort of thing that can fairly easily lead to a not-insignificant bandwagon on an innocent. Not damning evidence, but it'll do for now.

Mos, if you can't remember who you're voting for, how about voting DYH with me?
Oh don't get me wrong, I have no intention of seeing this bandwagon through; just testing the waters.

For today, I'd honestly prefer to ultimately lynch a lurker. The main reason you don't do it in traditional games is that they could have a power role. There are no town power roles, only insight. So if you're not going to post, you're not using your power.

"What!?" You ask, "are you crazy? You just told the SKs to post more!"

Exactly. Now they feel compelled to contribute, and they'll be plenty to glean from that later.

Unvote
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:06 am

Post by DYH »

ryan wrote:
johhan wrote:
ButteBlues wrote:
ryan wrote:What up about a no lynch than? Wouldn't that give us about as much information as a random one?
You can't possibly be serious... :roll:
QFT... You've been around long enough at least to realize voting nolynch is precisely what we can't do in this game.
Ok, so answer me this. What's the difference between not lynching or lynching a current townie? It's already been said that nobody knows who anyone is so what exactly is the difference? 20 people playing and the chances of finding scum on a first lynch is pretty that's the point I was making.
Umm.. I'll take the small chance of hitting a Serial Killer rather than going to night and waking up to
as many as three townie deaths
. Moreover, SKs can't kill each other, so the only way to eliminate them is via lynch. We must use the tool at our disposal.

Furthermore, the lynch-a-lurker plan only really applies for day one. If we go into tomorrow with fewer than three dead bodies at night, it's likely one of the SKs targeted another, in which case that's when things will get interesting.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:18 am

Post by DYH »

I hate to break this to you, BM, but you're going to get jack from this day one, regardless.

In traditional mafia games, day ones are most useful because once you have a dead scum body, you can go back and look for connections of that player to other players. In this case, the SKs know only themselves, and they haven't had a shot at night yet to hit into another SK.

What sort of scum tell are you going to look for day one in this case? Opportunism? Meh- to them, any lynch but their own will do. But guess what- most townies are going to feel that way as well. There are no power roles to toil over, no claims to consider. This game is a little screwed up in that we actually need the night actions to occur in order to best function. In essence, we need SKs to crossfire in order to get good reads.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by DYH »

@Ryan: I honestly thought I'd voted Blahgo. Apparently, I haven't.
Vote: Blahgo
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:42 am

Post by DYH »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]I think this day takes to long and we should have hammered someone already for no reason.[/quote]

QFT, almost. We should have hammered them for lurking. All we're getting today is a pissing match between Ryan and BM, and a bunch of random crap.

Let's save YB the trouble of finding a replacement and just kill Blahgo already.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:42 am

Post by DYH »

Unvote
since we have an active replacement.

What in the world could BM possibly be discussing with the mod- you're either a townie, or you're a serial killer. It's not hard. Unless of course this has something to do with the ridiculous fight with Ryan. Either way, meh.

Vote: BM
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:20 am

Post by DYH »

Unvote
- agreed with BB.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:22 am

Post by DYH »

Vote: SpinWizard
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:42 am

Post by DYH »

Why is this day still going?

Look, I've given my opinion on this subject multiple times. We're not going to get anywhere today looking for "scum tells". They
do not exist
in a day one of a game with SKs and no mafia, unless you want to systematically put each player at lynch -2, gauge results, rinse and repeat. Even then, some townies would be just as apt to panic as a Serial Killer, and it rather loses it's luster after the fifth wagon or so.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:50 am

Post by DYH »

I've been "volunteering" since this day began, if you're implying that by disagreeing with your thoughts on scum tells in this game I'm an "idiot".

Fact is, there is
zero
incentive for the scum in this game (all SKs) to act
any differently
than a townie on day one. As I've pointed out before, until they hit another SK with a night kill attempt, any body will do. They don't care who dies, unless it's them. Unfortunately, the town isn't all going to line up and "volunteer" today either and leave us with just three people unwilling to take one for the team.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:02 am

Post by DYH »

[quote="MoS"]No scum can play the "townie" act perfectly. They always slip up. It's idiocy to ignore everyone's actions and not look for that slip.[/quote]

Wrong. Scum can't play the "townie" act perfectly as
mafia
because they are inherently tied to and biased regarding their partners. Serial Killers in general attempt to play just like town, and without fear of being NKed here have no incentive to do otherwise in this game.

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]OK, name me the sk-tells, preferably the ones for d1, now. If you fail to do so, you're crying utter crap and will receive my vote.[/quote]

The man makes a good statement.

Like I've been saying all along, we're not going to have much to work with until there's a missing NK.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:55 am

Post by DYH »

ryan wrote:I realize that Jordan, I'm saying it'll be interesting if they target eachother and how that plays out <snip>.
This is where we will get our information, plain and simple.

@Sir Tornado: We simply lynch someone who's not contributing as I've been suggesting all along. Lurker lynch is a fine meta strategy for day 1 here since there's an absence of scum tells in this game setup and no town power roles to worry about killing in error.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:03 am

Post by DYH »

[quote="Mastermind of Sin"][quote="DYH"][quote="MoS"]No scum can play the "townie" act perfectly. They always slip up. It's idiocy to ignore everyone's actions and not look for that slip.[/quote]

Wrong. Scum can't play the "townie" act perfectly as
mafia
because they are inherently tied to and biased regarding their partners. Serial Killers in general attempt to play just like town, and without fear of being NKed here have no incentive to do otherwise in this game.

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]OK, name me the sk-tells, preferably the ones for d1, now. If you fail to do so, you're crying utter crap and will receive my vote.[/quote]

The man makes a good statement.

Like I've been saying all along, we're not going to have much to work with until there's a missing NK.[/quote]

I play as an SK when I'm mafia. Or more generally, I play as if I am a townie regardless of alignment. Are you saying that I am clearly infallible and cannot be caught as scum? If so, why am I being voted (not necessarily by you, of course), since I'm obviously acting like a townie?[/quote]

No, I am not saying that at all. You can try all you want to act as a SK or townie when you're mafia scum, but unless you absolutely refuse to read your PM and see who your partners are, human bias cannot be controlled perfectly to the level of infallibility. (Granted, some are obviously better at it than others and thereby are better scum players.) In this case, there is no bias as the enemies have no allies.

Honestly? You're being voted because Ryan doesn't like you, I think. You're participating, and that's all I'm asking here on Day One, so I'm not going to vote you.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:39 am

Post by DYH »

ryan wrote:
DYH wrote:
I've been "volunteering" since this day began
And there is your reason to bandwagon, he volunteered for it
and again
ryan wrote:DYH volunteered himself to be lynched, are you missing that or shall I requote it for you?
and again
ryan wrote:As I said earlier DYH offered up to be the first lynch, I'd go with him.
Jesus, maybe MoS is right- there are scum tells in this game on day one. Hey, buddy, way to take that quote
entirely out of context

Here's the full quote:
DYH wrote:I've been "volunteering" since this day began, if you're implying that by disagreeing with your thoughts on scum tells in this game I'm an "idiot".
It was a sarcastic retort to MoS to his suggestion that I was 'volunteering' myself mainly because we disagree on how day one should play out.

I see you've already moved on to someone else now. I think I'll do the same:

Unvote

Vote: Ryan
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:49 am

Post by DYH »

Funny, that's the stance I've been taking since this game started- only I wanted to take out a lurker - someone not contributing. Hence the reason my vote was on Lowell.

I have to wonder: What's your motivation for manufacturing a case by blatantly snipping a quote?
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:55 am

Post by DYH »

Qman wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:I'm shocked K-Scope didn't turn up scum.
My surprise was that MoS and both of the people he thought were scum are all town, and now dead.
Not surprised. I told you there were no scum tells day one in this setup. Why Ryan tried to fabricate a case is beyond me. Frankly, someone needed to die to get the damn day over with, anyhow.

However, with only two kills, we might just get some valuable information today.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by DYH »

Vote: JDodge
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by DYH »

Yeah, I was actually voting JDodge for being the first person to vote someone today. Lowell's slip is vote-move-worthy, though.

Unvote, Vote: Lowell
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (isolation #20) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:20 pm

Post by DYH »

I need to apologize, I really hate using real-life issues to excuse anything, but things have gotten to a point where I'm going to need to ask for a little reprieve and understanding for my lowered posting rate / content.

Firstly, I was recently promoted into a new work position and my new boss apparently thinks I'm Superman. My workload has easily quadrupled from prior months. Secondly, my grandma passed away on Wednesday, and her services were Friday, which is why I wasn't around much that day. Today, I went to help my family clean out her house, and 5 minutes after I got there, the guy next door backed his jeep into my poor little Honda Civic. Once that was reported, I then spent the rest of today cleaning.

I don't need to be replaced or anything, as I'll try to catch up as much as I can tomorrow. My posting during the week will probably suffer a bit from the work and car repair pieces until those get sorted out. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:16 am

Post by DYH »

I'm still content with my vote on Lowell, frankly.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:50 am

Post by DYH »

I see no reason to move my vote, really.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:55 am

Post by DYH »

Lowell wrote:Wow, a lot of these games seem to have died.
QFT. What gives?

My vote's already down.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:51 am

Post by DYH »

Theo wrote:Interesting that Lowell reached -1 and no-one hammered.
What, do you think his scum buddies are reluctant to pull the trigger?

Oh, wait...

That doesn't mean squat in this game.

Oh, and you want to lynch yourself? Be my guest.
Unvote, Vote: Theopor_COD

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”