Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #578 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:44 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

EBWOP: I'm on Page 14 right now, I'll change my vote to a serious one when I finish rereading this weekend. Gonna be gone all night, so I won't be able to give you my thoughts yet.

<3 Schtick.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #607 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:47 pm

AutumnEvenings wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
vote: Autumn Evenings
This is my very first vote ever on mafiascum.
<3

Wanna go somewhere and party? I'm way cooler than Glork, you know. I'm responsible for Glork joining mafiascum. Aren't I just awesome?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #608 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:50 pm

So, here is the result of my crazy ramblings to myself as I read the last 24 pages of the thread:

BM is being more dense than usual. It's getting progressively worse, too. As per usual, he is assuming that anyone who would
dare
vote him is probably scum. Also, giving up and asking to be lynched already is a change from the usual, he usually defends himself and attacks others pretty hard when he's under pressure. Probably scum. He's been lurking now for quite a few pages, wtf?

Glork is acting fairly protown, gets better as the game goes on, making good points about a lot of players, very impressed by his analysis' so far. Still feeling good about him, yay!

BBB = protown, new player, but making decent comments on the game so far, why is BBB rolefishing by speculating someone might be the cop?

TCS = not helpful, switches opinion on BM with little reason, probably just normal, though. Hypocrit? yes. Scum? probably not.

YogurtBandit = scummy for FoSing BM to fuel the wagon but not following through with a vote, changes stance fairly quickly, haven't seen him post in a while, either. With no content to go on besides lurking, he says that N9V could be a good play. The whole post regarding N9V seems like scum trying to play it safe and not be too aggressive, while keeping their options open. Attacks TCS for acting normal...but that's understandable if he doesn't know TCS' playstyle, but why just randomly do a PBPA on Day 1? Seems like he's just trying to *seem* helpful. Says MBL doesn't seem scummy at all, wtf? Protecting scumbuddies much? Backtracks on reason for doing the PBPA, trying to appease those attacking him. Way overreacts to TCS saying Guardian/Yogurt's response to TCS' scummy play was scummy [516]. Yogurt's [561] is completely wrong, it's more like "if they do X we can figure out if they're scum, but if they don't do X we lynch them for avoiding letting us figure them out".

Jack = neutral, good vote on YB, I disagree with his arguments, but I think he's being genuine, short posts are not helpful. Now that I think of it though, Jack's play is reminding me of his play in MAD mafia, where he was scum and made short posts to seem like he was contributing but lurked under the radar the whole time. However, he's been a *little* more proactice this game, so I'm not sure yet. Feeling better about Jack now

BillyTwilight = protown, good points against YB

HungryJoe = somewhat scummy, glork makes good points against him

Albert B. Rampage = neutral, leaning protown, not the greatest play so far, though, WHOA. Why does he want a claim from someone he doesn't even think is worth lynching yet? WTF is wrong with him, he's soooo scummy now. Why is he defaulting to more experienced players? What if those experienced players he is relying on are scum? Giving your own opinions are important, because you don't know who to trust...unless you are scum...

Shteven seems like he's just riding the wave, not protown, makes a bad point about townie claims, just wants to sit on the Albert wagon. Defending Jack's bad play, scumbuddies perhaps? Starting to seem more protown around page 16

MBL is lurking, this is not usual play for him, not sure what to make of it, though. Pops up out of nowhere to say YB made a scummy post, doesn't explain why it's scummy, then disappears for several pages, not responding to people's comments towards him. Still has not explained Glork's early questions about the SV kill remark. I don't understand his eventual explanation of that remark, and he gives no reasons for his suspicions. MBL makes a bad conclusion about BT parroting people, when it's obvious he was stating his opinions on the discussion and trying to get answers about people's actions. Wow, every post MBL makes seems scummier than the last...MBL is really pushing overly hard on TCS regarding the townie claim from Albert, I think he's scum that latched onto something to try and start pushing a bandwagon against TCS eventually. MBL seems to be *trying* to make Glork look scummy in [538]. There is no reason for a scum Glork to have *forgotten* that reason while a protown Glork would remember. It is completely understandable that Glork wouldn't mention that on accident. MBL is trying to make a molehill out of an ant farm.

Guardian is hard to read, but I don't think he's being very helpful. I completely disagree that Glork is being overdevensive, and I don't see why he thinks YB is town. guardian agrees with MBL's bad case against TCS, not looking good for him. Keeps changing his position on BM, not making a lot of sense here. I think Guardian changed his tune about Glork's reaction to BM attacking Guardian early because of the pressure from Yos. Why did Guardian say there was nothing to comment on? There has been plenty to comment on...

johhan isn't being helpful...hmm, 15 pages later, and still not helpful...is this ever going to change?

Coron = WHOA. He's in this game? this is like the first post I've seen of his, and it's like... page 9...wtf, BAD CORON

HackerHuck is making solid comments, he's most likely protown

Yos defends BM's bad play, not seeing why he thinks BM's logic was any good, because it really wasn't. Really gungho attack on Glork, not seeing this at all.

AE has made some solid attacks, even if I don't agree with all of them. She at least seems sincere.

inhim seems protown, but not enough posts to tell yet. Coron's lurking doesn't help him, but I can forgive him that.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #609 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:55 pm

Also, I would like to note that I think all the arguments made that claimed Guardian was a hypocrite (even though you tricked him into believing it himself) as bullshit. TCS attacked BM for being scummy on purpose, and then did it himself. THAT is hypocrisy. Guardian attacked TCS for his hypocritical actions. He did not have a problem with people acting scummy on purpose, just those who preach against it then don't follow their own advice. That is NOT being a hypocrite.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #610 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:57 pm

Vote: MrBuddyLee

Strong FoS: YogurtBandit

FoS: Albert, Guardian, johhan, Battle Mage
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #611 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:57 pm

Also, has anyone else noticed that BM has not posted since like Page 14?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #612 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:58 pm

EBWOP: I know 8 pages in 2 days is hard, so I don't fault him for that, but I had him marked down for lurking before that anyways.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #618 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:23 am

You're right. MBL wasn't lurking. I had him in my notes down as lurking (this was early in the game, mind), because I
didn't notice him
. Glork asked him a pointed question about a remark made in his first post, and it took him nearly a week to respond. He also did not post for 3 days in a row at the beginning, so I saw a lot of posts with no MBL. Hence the remark in my notes. However, I will concede that he has not been lurking. It was, however, never my intention to insinuate that he has been lurking this entire game. My notes were written down as I read the thread, so early notes are from earlier in the game than later notes.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #665 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:14 am

For point of order, that first quote of mine was talking about Battle Mage, not MBL.

Also, I agree that lurking is a scum tactic, although it isn't one that should ever be used to great extent, as I think it's done in poor sport. However, I have often taken up lurkerhunting in the past as scum, so I see defaulting to lurker hunting as something scum are more likely to do.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #666 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:16 am

Guardian wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Also, I would like to note that I think all the arguments made that claimed Guardian was a hypocrite (even though you tricked him into believing it himself) as bullshit. TCS attacked BM for being scummy on purpose, and then did it himself. THAT is hypocrisy. Guardian attacked TCS for his hypocritical actions. He did not have a problem with people acting scummy on purpose, just those who preach against it then don't follow their own advice. That is NOT being a hypocrite.
Well, the thing is, I was acting scummy on purpose. Then I said that TCS acting scummy on purpose himself and preaching against BM doing so is hypocritical. So, I was acting scummy on purpose myself, and chastising someone for chastising someone for acting scummy on purpose. So, me acting scummy on purpose wasn't hypocritical, it was me attacking TCS, when the attack on TCS itself was the same behavior that I was attacking TCS for. If I am still wrong on this and Glork tricksy'd me, let me know. Thanks for defending me though <3.

btw, I think I outlined my thoughts on Albert pretty helpfully >:].
Guardian. Answer this question. Did you disagree with TCS acting scummy on purpose? Did you attack him
because
he was acting on purpose? These are yes or no questions, do not answer in any other way.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #668 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:17 am

AutumnEvenings wrote:MoS--sure, I'm up for a party. :) But what makes you think Billy is pro-town? I have so little read on him that I'm kind of baffled at how you reached that conclusion.
His posts seemed protown.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #670 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:19 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:I couldn't disagree more with Billy's arguments about lurkers.

1) Lurkers aren't fun to play with. You play to examine the interactions between personalities, not so you can try to ascertain what's inside Generic_Cardboard_Box_01. So it's pro-fun to berate them.
2) Why on earth assume town can't both poke at lurkers AND comment on active players? Why assume your fellow townies can't discern between a pure lurker-hunter and one who does both? Lurker-hunting is only scummy in the absence of other critical analysis, and it's easy to nail people who solely lurker-hunt as scummy.
3) It's not the mod's job to lurker-hunt. A player who posts once a week shouldn't be replaced, their fellow town should do the work to get them posting more.
4) Just because lurkers are town doesn't mean they're not a threat to town. I can't tell you how many times I've coasted to victory as scum on the backs of lurking town. Getting those people to talk is invariably a good thing for town.
Bad Idea II. Encouraging lurkers is
totally
something that protown people do.

With less sarcasm, though, just because getting lurkers to participate helps the town doesn't make it a protown action. Lurker hunting is one of those actions that scum use to look protown without having to hurt their chances of winning too much.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #673 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:24 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Lurker
is
unsportsmanlike. MoS, I didn't say it was about MBL, I said Glork replied to your comment with that quote. Gently correct me if I'm wrong.
Glork was commenting on the fact that I mistakenly implied that MBL has been lurking this game. He was not responding to the comment about BM.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #694 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:13 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:MOS: What, exactally, has BM done that's been "more dense then usual" or that was based on bad logic? Be specific, please.

And also, which of BM's votes are you saying were OMGUS votes?

So, sure, I'm defending BM. Much of what he's said and done this game has actually made a a fair amount of sense to me when read in context, and it seems like everyone is just assuming he's making no sense either becasue they assume he's a bad player or because he's got bad grammer or something. I don't know exactally what it is, but it's quite bad for the town, and probably provides cover for scum as well.

So, if there's something spcific abouit BM's play that you find scummy, say so. But just making vauge comments like "Oh, BM's being more dense then usual" without any actual examples is just incredibly unhelpful, and scummy as well.
First off, I am flabbergasted that you are calling me scummy for that post. It was not meant to present cases, and I made that perfectly clear. I rarely gave examples for my suspicions of anyone. All I did was copy and paste my notes that I took while reading it, so that you all could see that I had read the thread and was up to date.

I am quite interested in the fact that you took such vehement issue with BM and yourself, but not anyone else that I said was scummy using "vauge comments".

BM made a mountain out of a molehill with the "Follow Glork" issue. Made a horrible assumption that not only was Guardian serious about following Glork, but that he was ALSO intending to set up Glork for a lynch tomorrow. Accuses BillyTwilight with throwing a "poorly thought out vote" at him, even though BT had a pretty good reason to vote him early in the game.
Battle Mage wrote:@Glork-you are making no sense. Guardian made a comment that you were good at catching scum. you say this is TRUE, yet you also say he was JOKING. Please can you make your mind up about what defence you are going for here?
This quote makes no sense at all. Glork said that Guardian was right that he was good at catching scum, but that he was joking about wanting to completely follow Glork in scumhunting. BM is just flailing around to try and turn other people's comments into something that he can treat with disdain.

That's just a start, but that's what caused that comment to appear in my notes in the first place.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #695 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:14 pm

Glork wrote:Guys, if you'd look at how far Guardian is reaching to try to make Albert seem scummy, you'd be lynching Guard in a heartbeat.

Just sayin'.
MBL and YogurtBandit are better choices for lynch today.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #710 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:58 pm

FoS: Anyone that tries to implicate Glork is scum for that post

Guardian wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Guardian. Answer this question. Did you disagree with TCS acting scummy on purpose? Did you attack him
because
he was acting on purpose? These are yes or no questions, do not answer in any other way.
1) No.
2) No, not for that alone. Not primarily for that, either. In a word, no.

You are probably going to find some contradiction here or whatever, but those are my initial thoughts on what my true answers for your questions are. You caught me as scum on scumchat earlier, catch me as town here ;\.
Because you answered "no" to those questions, it is 100% that you were not being a hypocrit. Those who called you a hypocrit were flat out wrong.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #713 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:18 pm

...I had johhan listed as unhelpful...I didn't know he was this bad...
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #732 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:19 am

johhan wrote:Without anyone else bothering with it, just MoS FoSing anyone who tries to press him on it premptively, I would have expected town to drop it at that. (Sorry, didn't mean to take 2 posts to get across one point. The submit button looks a lot like the preview one at 11:30 at night in a dark room.)
Out of curiousity, did you notice at 11:30 pm that Glork's post was made at essentially the same time as mine, so it's entirely possible that he did not seem my post when he made his?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #796 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:28 pm

unvote, vote: YogurtBandit

I'm tired of the way he keeps jumping in to answer questions that are asked to other people. This is something that scum seems to tend to do, and I don't know of any precendence of YB doing this as town, so this evidence adds to the other things he's done that I thought were scummy. MBL can wait, YB is today's lynch.

Glork, with me!
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #806 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:33 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:7. ~N9V~ 7. Mastermind Of Sin - for some reason i got a protown vibe off of: "Still feeling good about him, yay!" Went most sharply after the player who attacked his predecessor, something I'd expect from protown replacement. I liked most of his initial thoughts post except for the paragraph on me which is paranoid and obtuse. And he's sticking with it for whatever reason.
Wait, what!? When did you attack my predecessor? That did not influence my vote on you.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #808 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:46 pm

I don't remember Yogurt attacking my predecessor, either. No actions towards my predecessor influenced my suspicions, unless the actions themselves were scummy. At no point did I see something directed a N9V, realize that was me, and make my decision differently because it was directed at me.

Also, that wasn't sarcasm.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #811 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:41 pm

Actually, I did note that in my read-through, but I didn't register an OMGUS reaction because of it (not that you're implying my attack was OMGUS, but it wasn't
because
he chose to attack N9V in particular that I found it sketchy).
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #816 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:46 am

I was gonna say..."The New 'C9' "
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #818 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:27 am

Neither. There is still an SK in addition to 4 mafia and the possibility of a vig. Not more than 1 scumgroup, but multiple killers.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #819 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:27 am

EBWOP: *multiple scum killers
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #821 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:29 am

Same thing.

=P
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #849 (isolation #29) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:01 pm

inHimshallibe wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
unvote, vote: YogurtBandit

I'm tired of the way he keeps jumping in to answer questions that are asked to other people. This is something that scum seems to tend to do, and I don't know of any precendence of YB doing this as town, so this evidence adds to the other things he's done that I thought were scummy. MBL can wait, YB is today's lynch.

Glork, with me!
X

I really don't think you're scum... at the moment... but I'm not sure you're pointed in the right direction.

Then again, the point some mafia try to make is to cause confusion... so,
FOS: MoS

Hmm, I don't FOS much. Take note of that one, peeps. o.O
If you think scum try to cause confusion, look at MBL, not me. He's the one confusing people right now.

Although I have to say, I don't think I like YB's response to MBL's question so far. It's not that hard to come up with a hypothetical set of scumbuddies, if you think about it.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #857 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:23 pm

Shteven wrote:
MOS wrote:It's not that hard to come up with a hypothetical set of scumbuddies, if you think about it.
Not in the least. But then you're basically just saying "hello other player. Please name 3 people you'd like to vote for, I know the game only gives you one, but I'm going to let you target 3 people and not even look half as scummy as you normally would!"

Strikes me as a very odd thing to do, as it makes it seem like they're working together.
No, because if you name three people you are scumbuddies with and vote them, you're sorta admitting to being scum yourself, unless you've already laid out a case against them that doesn't involve you.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #859 (isolation #31) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:22 pm

It's not a bag question, per se. Rather, a highly unconventional and confusing one that still can serve some sort of purpose.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #861 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:38 am

Also, YB is scum because he hates kittens.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #863 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:45 am

So, if I see someone who seems to be clearly scum, in my opinion, I should instead follow the opinions of the crowd and jump on a bandwagon?

Also, I've never heard of Shteven before this game.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #880 (isolation #34) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:12 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:
BillyTwilight wrote:I wonder (since now it seems neither are going to answer it - don't know how I feel about that) what you would expect the answers to be from a town player or from a scum player.
I hoped that the first one of those two that arrived at my question would be scum, and would accidentally answer the question by naming the most bussable of their scumpartners. I don't know if you've ever seen the tv show with that British guy who pseudo-hypnotizes people on hte street into giving him their watches and wallets, but I was hoping that if I asked with confidence, I might get scum in a frame of mind to answer my question.

I expected town to confidently state "wtf". I expected scum that spotted the trick to respond uneasily.
Then why are you not voting YogurtBandit?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #899 (isolation #35) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:01 pm

Wow. I'm really sure YB is scum now. Instead of defending himself against the accusations, he acts like he understands why they are suspicious of him, and then attacks the first person who goes after him with bad or no reasoning, in order to try and start a possible counterwagon or scare him off his own wagon. His actions scream of scum worrying about being seen as "overdefensive" if he tried to dispute our arguments.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #907 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:34 am

Good man.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #908 (isolation #37) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:35 am

YogurtBandit wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Wow. I'm really sure YB is scum now. Instead of defending himself against the accusations, he acts like he understands why they are suspicious of him, and then attacks the first person who goes after him with bad or no reasoning, in order to try and start a possible counterwagon or scare him off his own wagon. His actions scream of scum worrying about being seen as "overdefensive" if he tried to dispute our arguments.
What? I attackled Albert because he was trying to be subtle following a bandwagon, Then he said he would wait till I was at -1 to Hammah. Im not being overdefensive, I am being agressive. He's Leaning on me, but its all good. Why in the world would he say its all good?It really seems like hes rememberig his reputation for joining Bandwagons and trying to play it cool.
That's exactly my point. Nowhere did I say you were being overdefensive. In fact, I pretty much strictly implied that you were being aggressive to avoid having to go on the defensive, because you don't have a defense for your scummy actions.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #912 (isolation #38) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:03 pm

Yea, I didn't realize he was at -1. I'll
unvote
to give MBL a chance to finish and let YB claim first.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #925 (isolation #39) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:24 am

YogurtBandit wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Yea, I didn't realize he was at -1. I'll
unvote
to give MBL a chance to finish and let YB claim first.
Uh, I was at -5. :o
MBL, wtf?
Vote: YogurtBandit
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #960 (isolation #40) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:27 am

I really get the feeling that Guardian's bandwagon is becoming the common Day 1 lynch that happens in most games and doesn't result in dead scum, because it's the naturally scummy person who did a few outrageous things that everyone jumped on. I really feel bad about his wagon.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #964 (isolation #41) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:57 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:What do you think of his SK-tells, Capn. Mosfaire?
It's possible that he's scum, even SK, but I feel that people are getting lazy and taking the easy way out to vote him, when it's entirely possible that he's just being himself.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #991 (isolation #42) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:50 am

Glork wrote:Also, why haven't you posted any thoughts on Shteven since your initial long analysis?
He hasn't done anything I felt I needed to comment on. I still feel he is protown and making good contributions to the game.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #992 (isolation #43) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:51 am

Glork wrote:Could you clarify what makes you think that YB is a good lynch whereas Guardian is the "easy" lynch?
Look at the two wagons. Guardian's wagon has been fluid and easy for people to hop on and off of, and no one has cared whether someone was voting him or not. Getting people to realize that YB is scum and vote him has been like pulling teeth out with a pair of pliers.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #999 (isolation #44) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:35 am

Same here, but that's obvious. I love how, right after I say that it's easy to jump on the Guardian wagon, one of the most naturally scummy players on Mafiascum jumps on his wagon. I feel vindicated somehow.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1001 (isolation #45) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:48 am

It should be obvious. I
DON'T
consider Guardian scummy enough to be voted for in the first place, in light of the obvious indication that
I am not voting him
. I am voting for YogurtBandit, who I have argued was scum since I first replaced into this game. Had you actually paid attention, as you so often seem to think I don't, you would know who I thought was scum. Hell, I've made it perfectly obvious who I thought was scum just within the last page or so. Really, are you reading the thread at all?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1004 (isolation #46) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:14 pm

he unvoted and revoted Guardian? LoL.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1009 (isolation #47) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:29 am

End this by voting YB-scum.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1018 (isolation #48) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:26 pm

I agree with HackerHuck [/Person C]
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1032 (isolation #49) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:40 am

Hmm, now that I think of it, the Shteven wagon has felt a lot like the YB wagon. I guess the difference, to me, is that Shteven doesn't really look all that scummy, whereas most people seem to agree that YB is scummy, but they keep finding other people to call their top suspicion.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1034 (isolation #50) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:41 pm

LOL OWNED
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1044 (isolation #51) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:50 pm

Voting YB is the way to go.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1046 (isolation #52) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:52 pm

Why?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1061 (isolation #53) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:59 pm

Wow. YB's looking for direction from another player, because he's afraid to broach a subject without any indication that anyone else will support it...vote definitely stays.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1075 (isolation #54) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:43 am

YogurtBandit wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Wow. YB's looking for direction from another player, because he's afraid to broach a subject without any indication that anyone else will support it...vote definitely stays.
No.

Jack wants to pressure me into posting more(key word More) While He never posts. I've told him to post more, and he hasn't. So,If Jack wants me to give a pbpa so badly I asked him. I guess I shall do one one TCS again. Still, Jack is posting some minor things out of the past 3 pages that I have posted, and he say's, "Wehre are youre pbpas now?" Which is no thing to be accusing me for. Really, Jack should be accused of Lurking Strategically and gettting away with, while popping in once a while and posting pro-town stuff. So I think I will do one On Jack and One on TCS.
He never promised more than what he's giving. IIRC, you said you would be doing a bunch of PBPAs.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1087 (isolation #55) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:20 am

YB, have you ever actually tried to defend yourself against the accusations leveled against you by BT, myself, and others? There is solid evidence that you need to explain, and all you're doing is going around posting PBPAs and attacking the people on your wagon. That's not helpful, and an aggressive, completely non-defensive playstyle is usually the mark of scum under pressure. This makes me like my vote even more.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1119 (isolation #56) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:50 pm

Glork, I find it odd that the thing you take issue with the most in Shteven's post was his
numbers
...The numbers may be wrong, but even 60% success rate is greater than random. You haven't really addressed his point, instead merely taking issue with his assumptions.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1126 (isolation #57) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:00 am

Glork wrote:I've debunked his entire argument by proving his assumptions wrong. Whether the statistics or the logic are sound or significant is immaterial, if the foundation on which it is based is inherently flawed.
Your recalculations still prove you to be better than random at finding scum, so it doesn't really debunk his argument...
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1128 (isolation #58) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:37 am

Glork wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Glork wrote:I've debunked his entire argument by proving his assumptions wrong. Whether the statistics or the logic are sound or significant is immaterial, if the foundation on which it is based is inherently flawed.
Your recalculations still prove you to be better than random at finding scum, so it doesn't really debunk his argument...
I disagree. His entire point is that it was likely that I was scum based solely on the fact that I suspected him, and he claimed to be pro-town. He claimed to have 80% certainty that I am scum, and posited that anybody who thinks he is probably pro-town should have approximately 60% certainty that I am scum. I completely dismantled that conclusion.

He certainly hasn't presented alternative resaoning for believing I am scum, and he seems to have accepted that I refuted his argument. Why are you arguing the semantics of my defense rather than hunting scum?
Are you implying that I am not hunting scum? I'd really like to see you justify that one, since I've been pushing the YB wagon since replacing into the game and have commented on nearly every player so far.

As far as his argument, I read it differently than you, which is why I asked you those questions. From your apparent interpretation of his argument, your actions make sense. From mine, not really, but I could easily have misread his argument, and it's not that big a deal.
Do you think that I'm scum based on his argument? Do you think that I'm scum based on my defense against his argument?
I'm not particularly suspicious of you, although your insistent pushing of the Shteven wagon doesn't sit well with me, since you:
a) seem to be ignoring the other wagons as far as I can tell
and b) are pushing a wagon on someone that I read as very protown.
Nevertheless, I still maintain that Burden of Proficiency is a ridiculous fallacy. "You're not finding scum, so you must be scum" has no legitimate logical basis behind it.
Agreed.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1135 (isolation #59) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:28 am

Shtevens posts seem very genuine and insightful, making a lot of serious contributions to the game. There are probably specific examples, but he has a lot of posts and I don't have a lot of time.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1136 (isolation #60) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:36 am

I have chosen this game to be the subject of an experiment, if you would be kind enough to comply. I would like everyone to post
at least
one thing that you find suspicious of me so far this game. If you don't have anything other than what's been said, that's ok, say it anyways. This game seems ideal to test this, because I don't recall a lot of people being that suspicious of me since I replaced into the game.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1144 (isolation #61) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:09 am

Guardian wrote:MoS, you asked us to be suspicious of you just then. Scummy.

Also, what the hell were you asking me for vaious "first things that came to mind" the other week before Mosfaire? Just wondering.

Jack, have you ever played with YB? I have like 3 or 4 times and he seems like town YB.
Yes, I did ask you to be suspicious of me. That's why this is an experiment.

I was looking for an image to use as a prize. I asked like 10 people and didn't get a single suitable answer, but it worked out in the end.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1146 (isolation #62) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:23 pm

You're right. That's because I haven't really seen much from MBL since then that was worth mentioning (he also hasn't posted in almost 2 weeks), and that post just didn't seem worth attacking him over. If you want to know, I didn't particularly like his giant analysis post, since he says what he "expects" to see, which can really be doctored to agree or disagree with that actually happened, since he had already read D1 in the first place. Had it been his first time reading the thread, I wouldn't have felt it odd.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1150 (isolation #63) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:41 am

inHimshallibe wrote:And if I refuse to participate?
You're:

a) Disappointing me
b) Ruining the experiment
c) Missing out on a chance to call me scummy (always a good time)
d) Being obstinate for no particular reason
e) all of the above

As you know, smart people pick E.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1152 (isolation #64) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:51 am

cool. :)
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1153 (isolation #65) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:51 am

EBWOP: why?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1164 (isolation #66) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:06 pm

Jack wrote:Why would I tell you why?
So that you can be useful for once? I hear it gives one a warm feeling inside.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1165 (isolation #67) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:07 pm

YogurtBandit wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:cool. :)
WIFOM?
?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1168 (isolation #68) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:12 pm

Shteven wrote: As far as MOS's experiment, I agree the experiment is a bad one. Because if you're looking for mistakes you make that people think are scummy, you're probably scum trying to cover mistakes. You'd have less to fear being town. This could be wifom, but it strikes me a bit more as trying to divert attention from honest mistakes by putting intentional mistakes out there. In any case, you seem town to me so far, so without looking back I don't recall anything specific.
That's one of the reasons I chose this game over others. It's Day 1, and I didn't seem to have a lot of suspicion on me, so I can afford looking scummy for it, I guess.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1201 (isolation #69) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:44 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:;)

Unvote
until I get a strong case on someone.
It's Day One. Your vote should ALWAYS be on someone.

vote: Albert
MrBuddyLee wrote:
Glork wrote:
FoS: MBL

Why is your vote sitting uselessly on nobody?
Cause I'm thinking. It was on you because you're squirrelly this game, but I'm not interested in lynching you, so thinking.
unvote, vote: MBL

Hypocrisy at its finest.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1203 (isolation #70) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:05 pm

AE, MBL has been my second most likely scum since I replaced into this game (as shown by my analysis after my reread, he was actually the scummiest to me for a while). I am happy with either an MBL or Yogurt lynch, but I see no reason not to at least switch my vote after further evidence comes up, on the off-chance that others actually see how scummy he is and vote him as well. I do not give up on people I think are scum, even if I am the only one voting them.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1209 (isolation #71) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:36 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:You're wrong, and hypocrisy is a terrible reason for a vote. You should clarify whether that apparent hypocrisy has any possible reasoning behind it that actually negates the "hypocrite" argument.

In this case, my reasoning was that early in D1, votes have less meaning and there's little reason to not be voting someone. At the end of the day, when it's time to choose a final lynch candidate, it doesn't particularly matter whether your vote comes off and immediately on someone else or if you take a few days to make sure you make the right choice. And, in fact, at the end of the day, you need to take more care with your vote so you don't accidentally foment a wagon you don't actually support. And that's where I'm at--I need to make the "right" choice and not just slop my vote wherever.

annoyed: MoS
for pettiness
If this was the case, why did you not say so in the first place, instead of just making a blanket statement for all of D1? I think you're just scrambling to cover your ass.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1285 (isolation #72) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:49 pm

Glork wrote:
Vote: YogurtBandit, FoS: Shteven/MBL
:goodposting:

The ABR-wagon stinks of being the easy wagon, just like Guardian's was...and my top two suspects are both on his wagon. MBL hasn't done anything to make me want to unvote him now.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1290 (isolation #73) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:58 am

MBL or YogurtBandit. One of them has got to go.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1347 (isolation #74) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:59 am

Unvote, Vote: YogurtBandit

Hurry, we can still rally before it's too late! Down with YB, kill the crapwagon!
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1402 (isolation #75) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:32 pm

BM, where are the usual accusations of people like Guardian-scum bussing YB-scum? This is unlike you...
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1404 (isolation #76) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:36 am

ROFL.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1411 (isolation #77) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:17 am

then, as was said earlier, we are depending on BM.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1574 (isolation #78) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:27 am

OMG I died...I had you all fooled...or at least enough of you :(
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”