NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #6294 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:02 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 6237, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:And what are your thoughts regarding the differences in Llamarble's behavior here compared with Red Wine? I'd ask about Cephrir but I am assuming we are in agreement there. It wasn't actually hard to read either player as town/scum, especially Llamarble although Cephrir was probably the trickier one.
That was my first game with llamarble and I had no idea how to read him. His reads were more accurate than mine for the most part, but during that game on day 1 and 2 I didn't know what to make of him. He had reads but he wasn't pushing them very hard, and the one hard stance he took (espeonage-town) I really disagreed with after I read through the game projectmatt linked and the case he made for espe-scum. So, I'm in a similar situation - not really understanding the basis for some of his reads, and therefore not trusting them. And his playstyle is different but I don't know if that's playing to his alt-meta. He has a harder edge in this game than he did in Red Wine.

Ceph's play here did not really fit his town meta as I've recently seen it (Dixon Hill, Cash Cabd, NY167), but it's hard to see the fatalistic stuff as fitting his scum-meta. There was one point where I finally flashed onto oh-hell-this-is-scum-Ceph on day 1 of the Red Wine game, and his reaction to my sudden vote didn't have a "you're wrong because I'm town" feel to it, which I did occasionally see flashes of in this game. This post is a good starting point for that exchange.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”