NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #5721 (isolation #400) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:40 am

Post by Bert »

Sakura, if you remember Bro's game, I was really careful with my vote and I didn't jump all over the place with it!

No, I think SSK is probably scum! If he's town, he's trolling town, but I think he's scum since he claimed to protect Bro last night which is BS! So he's scum!

I can't be detailed since this game is too big of me and is a one-time-only experience in a large and I won't be back in a game like this again! There is a reason I replaced out of Xenogears within 12 hours, and I did the dumbest thing by replacing into this game when Empire needed a replacement and asked if I wanted to sub in!
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5722 (isolation #401) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Bert »

In post 5711, Norlkaz wrote:You've played one game with me in which I was very important to scum getting lynched D1, my other accepted D1 lynch was also scum, and the other 2 scum were in my pool of 3 additional persons of interest with the person in that pool who wasn't scum marked as eh probably not when revisited.
I then copped one of the scums in my 3-pool and the game would have ended D2 with 4 scum dead to zero town had I been doc-protected N1.
I'd expect a bit more respect from someone whose only other experience with me was a game where almost everything I said was Golden Truth.

I haven't made things happen yet this game, but in a few hours that won't be true.
Thing is with the style you're incorporating, you could easily be scum too!!! It's easy to just not explain reads, you know! Take that uPick Ice and Fire that I very, very, very casually followed where you lasted days!!!
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5724 (isolation #402) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:34 am

Post by Bert »

Because he's a waste of a lynch when we could be getting more info!!!!!!!

SSK-scum is almost a given!!!! We need more info before another strong player dies tonight! Cmon listen to what Falcon has been bringing up about that too! Come on Sakura!!!!
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5726 (isolation #403) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:38 am

Post by Bert »

Ooh pick me!!! Pick me!
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5729 (isolation #404) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Bert »

In post 5727, MC Maraca wrote:With as much niceness as I can say this, bert.

Shut up and let us talk.

You're only making noise.
Sorry, love! <3 *zips lips*
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5735 (isolation #405) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by Bert »

I haven't felt your influence this game, just some reads that weren't explained much. That's what's disappointing. That's what I meant by 'all talk.' There's just a laid out reads list and no leading others. Maybe that's part of your personality or the persona you want to be (alter ego?)?

You're just there, and Day 1 you had Tammy as a scumread. You told us in this game on D1 who the scumteam was, and you didn't really nail it that day (at least I don't recall it). You also named me in there, and considering you had no trouble reading me as town in Wingate, that worried me too.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5736 (isolation #406) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by Bert »

EBWOP: Sorry, got ninja'd. That last post was at Llamarble.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5737 (isolation #407) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Bert »

I also think I am going to revamp my strategy for when wagons form on me that look like they may be successful or build momentum. Lately, it seems that I either detach myself completely and act nonchalant and indifferent and jokey (which gets me lynched quickly - see marathons, my latest games like Pick & Ban), or I can choose to go AtE (which is a more invested type of engagement). I don't think either is effective in fighting lynches really. Don't know how to fight atm. Something to think about.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5743 (isolation #408) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 5741, Generic wrote:Cephrir, muffinman, BRO... GO!
Hey! I won't argue with you, but I'll answer your questions! I'm in a different zone since it's the school year, but yes here they are

Ceph - scum because of how he tried to sort me and is setting it up in a way so he can easily vote me, also gut pings everywhere on his posts. I have been the same Bert as I was in Hard Boiled, and even without knowing my scum meta, he never pronounced a townread on me that was solid. for me that's a scumclaim.

Muffin - lazy scum that is blending in and just coasts

BRO - town because gut and while I derided him about him reading me as town for all the wrong reasons (my "caring" is more as town BS), it is understandable given what he has seen me do as scum.

I don't have the energy/ability to do more in a large game like this, sorry
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5744 (isolation #409) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:05 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 5741, Generic wrote:if you wanna make this a serious chat lets get out the notebooks and have ourselves a Holmes and Watson moment (you can be Watson, I am too abnormal to not be Holmes).
You know what to expect from me with two past games, so don't get your hopes too high but I will do what I can!
In post 5741, Generic wrote:Initially I gave you a lot of town credit for the generic brand 'RL has happened, so I'm pissing all over the game' post.
RL is always happening for all of us! It isn't an excuse for me unless I'm limited access at home, which I'm usually not. :)
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5746 (isolation #410) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by Bert »

Well I was being a troll because I was really sick of hearing the "Bert you're scum" commentary that has become just a sheer annoyance, added to lots of two players's posts. Every post that Nero had mostly seemed to be "Is Bert dead yet' since Day 1 (same with SAD), and that's really annoying after a while! The only way to stay positive is to see the humor in that, but I instead came off as a prick. Sorry about that!

Trying to see the humor in it! So far I'm managing okay, but I'll keep it to myself next time, guys. <3 But the game being too overwhelming for my capabilities was totally true though!
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5749 (isolation #411) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by Bert »

Changed my mind but can't talk about it, sorry.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5762 (isolation #412) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 5760, Cephrir wrote:What you are saying here makes me suspect you for reasons I can't talk about and frankly screw you for doing what you're doing.
That's not what I meant. Ugh. OK, so you are in the same position with me as I was with Broseidon.

We had only been in one game together. Broseidon and I had only been in Hard Boiled together.

Basically, since this game, I've been able to look back at Broseidon's attitude and tone and realize that just because he can be abrasive doesn't mean he's scum. Otherwise, I was on track to scumread him no matter what game I was in with him.

What initially made me very paranoid and tempted about BOTH Muffin and BRO was their reputation as scum.

It's just like Titus, who I always gut scumread and can't do anything about. Muffin is the one that's coasting, not Bro at this point.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5763 (isolation #413) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 5761, MC Maraca wrote:ALL OF YOU NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Signed: Guy who reads all the games
I misspoke. I need to watch my wording thoguh. I have only seen BRO play Hard Boiled and he flipped town. His stay there was so short as he was the tracker who tracked Mac.

I have no idea what to expect from his town or scum game, as I have no flips WHATSOEVER to look back upon. but gut right now is town.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5764 (isolation #414) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 5759, Cephrir wrote:You have not been the same Bert you were in Hard Boiled. I will tell you when you are the same Bert you were in Hard Boiled.
I'm starting to think I don't know what you're "looking for," but regardless a large game is not my element where I can magically become whatever "Bert" you're looking for. I also have no completed large games to my credit. No games over 13 players, ever.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5768 (isolation #415) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Post by Bert »

Good, so this game will be very good for both of us. Hard Boiled was one of those rare games where everyone just townread me. That's exceedingly rare.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5769 (isolation #416) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:48 pm

Post by Bert »

I just combed through the old Hard Boiled Scum QT and Nacho was advising the other scum that if they brought up one of BRO's scumgames where he singlehandedly won, then BRO might be mislynchable.

Some of you played in Xenogears with him too IIRC
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5772 (isolation #417) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Post by Bert »

I never knew Vigs made town win rates go down. :(

That makes me feel a whole lot better about Varsoon's death
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5774 (isolation #418) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Post by Bert »

I'm searching and found one.
In post 2, LlamaFluff wrote: Viewed as anti-town? Yes.

Vigs are one of those roles that will basically lose or win a game for town every time. I just see it being lose the game far more than win the game, and given how inaccurate vigs are (using an RNG is more accurate than vigs on the site) the case for them not shooting is actually there.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5776 (isolation #419) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:43 pm

Post by Bert »

ah, Cabd can find that! <3
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5787 (isolation #420) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:16 am

Post by Bert »

I brought cupcakes! Enjoy.

They are full of sugary sweetie goodness. <3

In an effort to consolidate, this is my ultimate content post of the day! Later!
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5795 (isolation #421) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:29 am

Post by Bert »

Yes, Thor, this game hasn't been the most exciting! I'm ready to shoot someone's brains and call it a day! <3

What do you say, Colonel?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5801 (isolation #422) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:21 am

Post by Bert »

Yeah, if you don't try to get the non-confscum now, you guys will be stuck in the Graveyard watching me pick randomly at voting someone in LYLO (oh and probably having a wagon on myself too).
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #8420 (isolation #423) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:46 am

Post by Bert »

In post 5762, Bert wrote:
In post 5760, Cephrir wrote:What you are saying here makes me suspect you for reasons I can't talk about and frankly screw you for doing what you're doing.
That's not what I meant. Ugh. OK, so you are in the same position with me as I was with Broseidon.

We had only been in one game together. Broseidon and I had only been in Hard Boiled together.

Basically, since this game, I've been able to look back at Broseidon's attitude and tone and realize that just because he can be abrasive doesn't mean he's scum. Otherwise, I was on track to scumread him no matter what game I was in with him.

What initially made me very paranoid and tempted about BOTH Muffin and BRO was their reputation as scum.

It's just like Titus, who I always gut scumread and can't do anything about. Muffin is the one that's coasting, not Bro at this point.
In post 5749, Bert wrote:Changed my mind but can't talk about it, sorry.
cos i royally effed up and brought ceph down with me by accident through the quoted posts here

and honestly in both open 541 and mini 1537 which are now over, and the only games cabd and bro were with me together in, i was a vanilla townie in all those games and had no real reads in any of those games (those games were all day 1 at that time.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #8421 (isolation #424) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:48 am

Post by Bert »

plz dont let this take away from the job town did to win this thing though.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”