Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:24 am

Post by Otaku376 »

vote: coron

It is the only name I recognize right now.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:30 am

Post by Otaku376 »

...mod aside of course. Why else would I sign up?
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote: I'm hurt. :(
Bah, people who changed their avatars, I mean how am I supposed to recognize you now? Well this is what I get for laying low for a year.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:56 am

Post by Otaku376 »

unvote: coron

now normally I would vote for the person who votes for him/herself because rarely have I seen that plan been useful to the town. But there's aparently some sort of trash talking going on or something. And because I don't know anything about these people (and am too lazy to research their playing styles) I am going to ignore it for now.
vote: Twito
just because I think rich is right in thinking it suspicious to vote someone in this game for being annoying in the last one. Yet I find it suspicious he is afraid of the reprecussions of tacking on another vote himself. But I can't vote for two people at once.
Also Illumina and Three Word Name has yet to post. Granted it's the weekend...still...I love to vote the inactives too.
I am obviously out of shape...man I forgot how to play this game.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:43 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

wow...I can't believe I read all that. My vote will stay where it is for now. Just because here seems as good a place as several others.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:43 am

Post by Otaku376 »

A) For all the pressure I feel like this Bandwagon should be putting on Twito, for me anyways, it really hasn't brought anything all too fruitful. All I get out of it is everyone is twisting everyone else's words. And yelling.
B) Unless something major happens, I don't see the bandwagon derailing by the end of the day. And here, the burden of proof lies mostly on Twito at this point. The two main ways I see out of it are clear and concrete damning evidence of someone else or clear verification of his protown nature (usually through a roleclaim) neither of which he has shown. Not to say his most energetic accusers have done any better but they also don't have like seven votes weighing down on them.
C) Three Word Name needs to check in. It's the weekend.
D) It also wouldn't hurt to see people like ubertimmy, Coron, and Bogre post more. Not that I am much better.
sidenote: why do ubertimmy and spectrumvoid have near identical avatars? It makes me have to pay that much more attention to this game.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:10 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

unvote: three name word or Twito
(depending on if we are just going by the posts left in this thread or where my vote was actually last placed)
vote: mastermind of sin

Practically the only useful thing I do remember from this thread is that Twito claimed a cop. Sure MoS could have forgotten about the only claim we had on this day. Sure he could still want to lynch Twito for it. He could also be scum trying to rush a lynch in a stagnant game.
So, as I see it, either scum trying to pull one over on the town or a townie without the dedication to remember the only significant event in this game. Culling of the Fold either way.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:24 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

for my sake, can we use the mafiascum user forum names and not like aim handles or real life names or anything that requires me to think harder than I already am.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:53 am

Post by Otaku376 »

unvote: MoS vote: Illumina

I am fairly certain that BJ is just being persistent in a lynch because it's how he plays. Putting claims in his mouth like that seems like quite a leap.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:26 am

Post by Otaku376 »

thinking things over, I would rather lynch MoS over anybody else. Mostly because he is still voting our cop. But even more strongly than that do I believe we need to come to a lynch. So my vote will stay on illumina.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:54 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

I would hardly say I am rushing anything. It's been nearly a month, which is, in my opinion, a long day 1. 10 pages is not that meager either. I would also argue that the game is stalling. Sure maybe there is some more posting picking up in the past few days, but to me it is empty. I feel like the same three people are saying the same things back and forth. "If he's a cop..." "He never said that" "He could be scum claiming cop" "would he gambit that" and it's not where my heart is at the moment.
In the interests of the town, we need to gather more information. And rather than yelling at each other in circles, something needs to happen. Deaths give us information. Nights give certain people new information. New days hold new promises. But I don't need to tell you that.
Whereas, MoS is the most scummy person, in my opinion, that is not to say I do not think Illumina is scummy. Perhaps I should have been more articulate. To rephrase: "Even though MoS is scummier, in my opinion, than Illumina, Illumina is scummy enough that I will keep my vote on him with the plurality of other voters because I would not shed tear if either died. And I am tired."
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:06 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

I summarized them when I initially cast votes for both. You can read my old posts in the thread if you like. I don't have too much more new content to add. It's 3am right now, I'm a little tired, I can resummarize them in the morning....or afternoon, whenever I wake up
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:42 am

Post by Otaku376 »

check
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:23 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

hello all. I am sorry I have been absent. With forum trouble for so long, I eventually gave up on checking the status of the site.
I'm still gonna vote Illumina despite being some sort of scummy bandwagon guy. Nothing has convinced me of Illumina's innocence. This is all based on reading the last like two pages of posts. I've kinda forgotten why I initially voted and stuck with it and if you want to fault me for that, I can't stop you.
Personally, I am getting very little out of the posts that are like "Yeah, prove that you have nothing to do on "thurday", whatever that is, and Friday." and the hurling of insults and it is not conducive of analyzing the thread but rather just glossing over things. I can't keep players straight. And that is a main reason why I want to go to night 2. 15 pages, I have a bunch of people I can't remember that are yelling each other. And one cop. And that's about all I have to show.
And it's not fair to the town for me to be so apathetic and it's not fair to the mod to search for a replacement and it's not fair to the replacement to have to explain my apathy. I do want the town to win, I just lost that passion. It might have been a mistake for me to come back here but I'm trying.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:14 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

vote: twito

(One line nod to agree with everyone that it his claim is highly questionable now)
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:42 am

Post by Otaku376 »

I'm willing to believe Borge because it makes sense for a vig to want to kill ubertimmy for his reason. Scum would probably want ubertimmy around so they could push a lynch on him the next day. So I think twito should die.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Otaku376 »

I'm here. I don't know who MC is. Nor why with apprent strong conviction mike is voting spectrumvoid.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

I believe spectrum void as the ammo dealer and I think I know mikeburnfire's role as well, mine too is not a townie role but is now useless and unprovable. I don't understand why klebian is so trustworthy though.
I don't mind a mass claim but I don't know how much we'll gleam from it.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

I don't mind the order list (nor do I mind going before mike) except I think now tsq has painted a target on himself and there's no reason for him not to claim today. With our doc dead, and him claiming he can provide information, it stands to reason he won't survive the night.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Otaku376 »

I don't know how critical it is to save until the end but it may be more useful to save for later. Unless I misinterpreted MBF, it's not like we'd lose too much by claiming. It is an unusual mechanic as far as I can tell.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:00 am

Post by Otaku376 »

I am the chief of police and my existence allows the cop to perform investigations. I have not seen these types of roles before but mine is the reason I believe in the ammo dealer.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #21) » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:05 am

Post by Otaku376 »

which is actually why I am highly suspicious of MoS right now. What with no one as his "boss"
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:03 am

Post by Otaku376 »

actually when I got my role, and over the course of the role claims I thought the town was considerably weakened. Though your logic through confirming by claim makes sense, look at it from the stand point that each power role we have (cop, doc, vig) is hindered by the fact that another specific person has to be alive. So it's a little more balanced than I originally thought, and hopefully my explanation shows it's a little more than you thought as well
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

before finishing this day, I would like Jules or his replacement to have a word.
That being said, I do believe the best course of action is to lynch MoS. I've always held him suspicious and see him as our best course of action.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

TSQ: you wanted originally to lynch MBF based, at least in part, to confirm or refute the existence of roles that enable power roles in this game.
Then a fourth role proclaims his existence (Jules).
MBF has been pretty vocal in his willingness to lynch him.
In what scenario is Jules innocent and MBF (and sv and myself by proxy) guilty?
I also dislike the almost condescending tone you are taking about game design. You are implying that no one would ever design a game like this because it is broken. Maybe it is broken. I've played in games that are broken before. Sometimes mistakes happen. But when people start outguessing the mod it sets up a whole metagame issue. "The mod knows we would never believe setup X to be real, it's too broken. But if the mod knows we know, he could use it to trick us..." WIFOM.

Even that aside, when this game ends and the mechanics are revealed, should I prove to be pro-town, please admit that an apology to the mod for your comments are in order. Because, should I be telling the truth, you are essentially implying the mod is incompetent. And that's not nice.

Back to the game, assume my role is real. If you were me, would you have any reason to not believe SV who claimed a role with comparable mechanics without prior knowledge?

Whereas, if I were you, with a role without any such boss; yes I would be skeptical. But see no reason to choose MBF over jules.

By that logic, I don't know why MoS is voting MBF over jules either.

There are several possibilities about these enabling roles:
A) All 4 (SV, Otaku, MBF, Jules) are telling the truth
B) All 4 are scum
C) Some are truth telling, some are lying.
I would assume public opinion of credibility (largely based on timestamp of claim) would be:
1. SV
2. Otaku
3. MBF
4. Jules

If this is wrong please inform me. But I just cannot see any way where MBF is the better lynch than jules.

So based on the developments of today, I assume the scum group would be:
1. TSQ (based on persistent illogical voting)
2. MoS (based on persistent illogical voting)
3. Jules (based on support for a (assumed) nonexistent role)
and by process of elimination:
not SL and CTD (the masons, which would either be both or neither and we can't have a scum group of 5 lest it be game over)
so that leaves:
Nightson and Klebian. Both of whom have lacked in the participation dept.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:29 am

Post by Otaku376 »

Even IF scum roles had these enabling roles (which I do not believe) there has been no proof that jules proves to be more innocent than MBF.
Seriously, things that jules has done which makes me think him scum:
1. Lurks
2. Claims a role that fits a mechanic that has already been brought up (granted, this is not inherently scummy, it is just not strong enough to support itself with any credibility especially with...)
3. Claims a role that supports another character that has come under the scrutiny of the town (who I have been suspicious of for a while now; check my posts if you think I am full of it)
4. Continues to lurk

In contrast:
1. I don't see how MBF and I conspiring anymore than MoS and TSQ. And I have a more of a reason to trust him based on role.
2. Pushing for a lynch. What is wrong with pushing for a lynch? Though it may be based on a mass claim, this dialog has changed who I thought was scum (based on peoples' reactions)
That being said,
SL, so are you implying you also believe that some of the enabling roles are pro-scum or that their claims are just bull?
vote: jules
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:12 am

Post by Otaku376 »

MoS: please share your input in regards to "enabling" roles in general.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”