Mafia 158: Titanium. Game over

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:35 am

Post by 10506670 »

Sweet Hesus Lord of the Flies...

10/16 pages to go my friends. GLHF kill scum.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:36 am

Post by 10506670 »

And UNVOTE: .
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I just read all 17 pages in about the course of a an hour or two, so don't expect me to have that much of a solid understanding of everything that happened.

Just from what I saw, it looks like we have some minor to serious behavioral issues.

Mollie gives up with a defeatist attitude in Post 348. I mean, seriously? You have 4 votes on you (that's less than halfway to the lynch mark), and you already concede defeat? Correct me if I'm wrong (I've never played in a game as large as this one), but wagons have a tendency to change very quickly, especially when they're still somewhat small. If you're looking for a nicer way to put it, I suggest reading some Hiraki.

Hiraki. Makes me want to swallow staples.

I don't think I need to elaborate on Mr. Shinori either.

Now we do have a lot of more lurky people, and I hope not to fall into that state, but mostly you'll see me doing digest posts at around this time every 24 hours. Honestly, we seriously need some active participants to fill in the slots of these guys. Nobody except mcstab is targeting the lurkers - hell, all these guys could be scum.

That's not to say I'm going to put my vote on any of them in an attempt to "pressure" them into posting more. Mollie is definitely leaning scum at this point - either that or she's hopelessly trying to defend some stupid stuff that she said. I'm saying some, because I only picked up the "going after newbs bit as a scumtell bit". I'm assuming that there's more, as 6 people are voting molly (it was 7 before I took my vote off).

Don't even try to meta me. I most likely have sanity issues as well, but they don't get into the way of my logic that much. They do get in the way of my playstyle.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:56 am

Post by 10506670 »

In post 404, Slandaar wrote:Numberguy could easily be scum.

Hrm

I was feeling really badass last night when I posted that. Not really anymore. If you want, you can check out the other two games I played on this site. I wasn't as bipolar in those games, though, so you'll definitely see some changes to how I play.

Which you probably are arguing is scummy (I suppose from this post). I'm only experimenting with other styles, and you'll probably see some inconsistencies in my tone from day to day depending on how I'm feeling.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Post by 10506670 »

Mollie was logged on earlier but declined to comment on my accusation of blatant lying

About this, its a general consensus on this site that using online/offline arguments is just bad (I vaguely recall it might have been downright illegal in some games). I'll believe it, but I suppose you could be downright lying as well.

or are you just trying to frame Salandaar when you flip scum?

Theo, I don't understand this at all. If someone flips scum, how are they supposed to frame someone? Wouldn't town mistrust them?

Confused.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 am

Post by 10506670 »

In post 419, Slandaar wrote:OK I tell you what, I will show you how I read posts like this.
In post 401, 10506670 wrote:I just read all 17 pages in about the course of a an hour or two, so don't expect me to have that much of a solid understanding of everything that happened.

Fair intro; expect content to come...
In post 401, 10506670 wrote:
Just from what I saw, it looks like we have some minor to serious behavioral issues.

Mollie gives up with a defeatist attitude in Post 348. I mean, seriously? You have 4 votes on you (that's less than halfway to the lynch mark), and you already concede defeat? Correct me if I'm wrong (I've never played in a game as large as this one), but wagons have a tendency to change very quickly, especially when they're still somewhat small. If you're looking for a nicer way to put it, I suggest reading some Hiraki.

Hiraki. Makes me want to swallow staples.

I don't think I need to elaborate on Mr. Shinori either.

Now we do have a lot of more lurky people, and I hope not to fall into that state, but mostly you'll see me doing digest posts at around this time every 24 hours. Honestly, we seriously need some active participants to fill in the slots of these guys. Nobody except mcstab is targeting the lurkers - hell, all these guys could be scum.

That's not to say I'm going to put my vote on any of them in an attempt to "pressure" them into posting more.

Pointless, all of it, but there are lots of words, lots of words + pointless = scummy.

Mollie is definitely leaning scum at this point - either that or she's hopelessly trying to defend some stupid stuff that she said. I'm saying some, because I only picked up the "going after newbs bit as a scumtell bit". I'm assuming that there's more, as 6 people are voting molly (it was 7 before I took my vote off).

Content - Mollie is leaning scum OR shes trying to defend... WAFFLE WAFFLE WAFFLE.

Don't even try to meta me. I most likely have sanity issues as well, but they don't get into the way of my logic that much. They do get in the way of my playstyle.

Overly Defensive.

And that is how that post came across to me.

I'll do a quick response to this:

I wasn't posting much for content, more just to give a quick impression of how I felt about the game situation. I thought the introduction would cue that in (fast reading = probably not the best content). I'm willing to pick up the pace once I am actively part of the discussion (like right now), but any comments I have on the first 17 pages have probably been resolved or already said before.

And while I have a habit of always giving other possibilities, you notice that I said Mollie is
definitely
leaning scum. The other part is just a less likely possibility, so my read on her is definitely leaning toward the scum side. IMO, absolutes are bad in almost all cases.

And for the last part, it might have seemed like I was trying covering up my ass in case I said something stupid. It was pretty late at night, and I felt in the need to establish some internet badass cred, so I went ahead and included that last part. But seriously, most of the time I'm pretty mild and wouldn't say something like that (though it's probably true that I have slight sanity issues). I won't use that as an excuse for scumslips, so don't worry about that.

That being said, I am willing to move the game forward to some more interesting discussions by voting Pirate Mollie. And I will do so:

VOTE: pirate mollie

I might do some voting analysis if I have the time as well. But that's for later.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I don't exactly understand where five votes at me jumped out of, as I have no idea why what I said is a scumslip.

In post 456, buldermar wrote:
In post 453, Slandaar wrote:
In post 447, 10506670 wrote: I won't use that as an excuse for scumslips, so don't worry about that.

hey you guiz!!!!!! you Guyz! I finds a scum!

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Numberscum

Although it is phrased in a careless way that semantically means its author is scum, I think that people are generally more careful about semantics as scum and, in turn, less likely to make such mistakes as scum relative to as town. However, in this case even the intended message is perculiar. No town should need to make promises of not showing scum behavior because, as town, it's always optimal not to whilst it occasionally can be optimal to deviate from this as scum (i.e. scumslips).

I can't think of an alternative plausible intended message to this and will for this reason vote (note: the easy way to get me to change my mind would be to show me one).
UNVOTE:
VOTE: 10506670

How does this "semantically" say it's author is scum? I wrote that down because Slandaar seemed to be accusing me of using that last bit of my description as a safeguard in case I said something stupid, as I wrote in my last post. Perhaps you have a different definition of scumslip than me, because I have no idea what y'all are talking about.

I'm not making a promise of not showing scumslips either. I'm saying that if I scumslipped (i.e. said something horribly wrong or horribly defensive) you guys can expect that I won't take the insanity card out of jail. You guys are stretching the cord on this one.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Post by 10506670 »

Also, I think I'm in a different time zone from everyone else, so I won't be able to respond to anything until after your discussion period.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:24 am

Post by 10506670 »

Slandaar, you are really misrepping me now.

I never said I don't know what a scumslip is. But what I thought was a scumslip clearly differs from what you think is one. In my eyes, a scumslip is any mess up, regardless of alignment. I feel like I'm quoting someone at this point, but town is capable of slipping up as well, and on my second game exactly that happened. Conman, who ends up being town, says something very stupid and nearly gets lynched over it.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:38 am

Post by 10506670 »

Smashbard wrote:The admission that you already know ahead of time that you're going to make scumslips pretty much by definition means that you will make a slip that will implicate you as scum. Which tells me right out of the gate you are trying to blend into the town, but already know you're going to slip up and make mistakes in your logic. Which reads to me like uncomfortable scum who is trying to just smooth over any mistakes he makes beforehand by jokingly saying "I won't use the insanity defense". What kind of defense will you use? Why do you need a defense at all? Maybe because you know you're scum.

I think you should read the post I made before that thoroughly. In no way am I saying I am going to make scumslips. The wording may have implied that to you, but when I read my sentence:

I won't use that as an excuse for scumslips, so don't worry about that.

I don't get any sense that I will make scumslips. And how am I "blending into town"? If anything, I'm standing out. And the fact that "I won't use the insanity defense" is not a joke at all. It's dead serious, as Slandaar was implicitly accusing me of using it as a defense. Furthermore, I never even used the word defense in my original sentence, and you're putting words in my mouth at this point.

Excuse != defense. An excuse is something like "oh I was drunk last night a posted a bunch of random crap". A defense is a structured counter to an accusation made by someone else. Excuses often slide without any further questioning, whereas defenses are always under scrutiny.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:05 am

Post by 10506670 »

In post 507, buldermar wrote:
In post 488, 10506670 wrote:Slandaar, you are really misrepping me now.

I never said I don't know what a scumslip is. But what I thought was a scumslip clearly differs from what you think is one. In my eyes, a scumslip is any mess up, regardless of alignment. I feel like I'm quoting someone at this point, but town is capable of slipping up as well, and on my second game exactly that happened. Conman, who ends up being town, says something very stupid and nearly gets lynched over it.

There is a difference between scumslip and scumtell. Your example is a case of the latter of the two.

Buldermar, I think this may be a slight misunderstanding on your part.

The case on me is as follows: I scumslipped/scumtelled because of my use of the word "scumslip".

Here I'm saying that my definition of scumslip includes the fact that town can scumslip. I'm NOT using that to say that
I
accidentally slipped as town. I'm saying that my fundamental difference in definition of scumslip is what caused what I said to look like a scumslip/scumtell to you guys, when in reality it was an honest town remark.

Sorry if this logic seems convoluted, but it's mainly because of the weird nature of the case against me.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Post by 10506670 »

UNVOTE: pirate mollie

Will post if possible in about 4 hours. Need to get back to work.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Post by 10506670 »

In post 529, theomoaner wrote:The thing that is really baking my noodle here is that in the games I have played on this site I have hardly seen mention of the term scumslip, yet in Number-dude's two games on this site there is much disscusion of the term. I'm trying to decide whether this is why he doesn't understand the term, or whether it was clear from the references in the newbie game's as to it's meaning.
I think in one of his newbie games (1244) the meaning of "scumslip" is made
very
apparent, so I don't see how he would really have a different meaning from everyone else.

Oh no, I just did meta :eek:

Seriously theomoaner? This isn't intended as an attack on you personally, but you really need to pay a bit more attention to exactly what you're condemning. I had a general idea of what a scumslip is - it's something that seems to implicate the user as scum. If you had actually read my second newbie game (1253), you would have realized this from the Conman "scumslip". But my point is that my previous definition differed in the
slight nuance
that both town and scum can scumslip*. It's a slight difference, but it really makes a difference in light of the accusations thrown at me.

Speaking of which, Slandaar, you are not responding at all to my numerous clarifications. You did, however, find the time to question Mollie about her unresponsiveness on me. I'm not saying that that's an invalid point, but are you /ignoring everything I've been saying?

*indicates my previous definition
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I've done my best to compile some of the responses against me, but as I'm not the best quote user, bear with me.

In post 535, Smashbard wrote:
In post 534, 10506670 wrote:
Seriously theomoaner? This isn't intended as an attack on you personally, but you really need to pay a bit more attention to exactly what you're condemning. I had a general idea of what a scumslip is - it's something that seems to implicate the user as scum. If you had actually read my second newbie game (1253), you would have realized this from the Conman "scumslip". But my point is that my previous definition differed in the
slight nuance
that both town and scum can scumslip*. It's a slight difference, but it really makes a difference in light of the accusations thrown at me.

Speaking of which, Slandaar, you are not responding at all to my numerous clarifications. You did, however, find the time to question Mollie about her unresponsiveness on me. I'm not saying that that's an invalid point, but are you /ignoring everything I've been saying?

*indicates my previous definition

You're still confusing scumtells with scumslips. Scumslips are when you say something that implicates you as scum. Scumtells are actions that you do that can be construed as scummy.

Here's some wiki entries for you so that you may finally understand that you are wrong, that you can't just change definitions to your liking to weasel your way out of suspicion, and hopefully you just surrender yourself as scum and allow us to move on to start finding your scum partners Day 2.

http://wiki.scumhunt.com/index.php?title=Scumslip

Scumslipping is something you say that gives you up as mafia, 100%.

http://wiki.scumhunt.com/index.php?title=Scumtell

Subjective tells that what you do is a scummy action. These are the things that town and mafia can both do.

Town and mafia do NOT scumslip. Only mafia scumslips. So anybody who's still stuck on this line of reasoning can be at the top of my scumlist. Be warned.

Thanks Smash. I think I understand both terms now, so no more need for anyone else to clarify.

But that wasn't the point. I was elaborating on my
previous meaning
, and I'm not stuck up with it anymore. If you really think that someone discretely explained the difference between a scumslip and a scumtell to me before, you're wrong. With this new knowledge, I can summarize my previous misunderstanding as
a confusion between the terms scumslip and scumtell.

And lord hesus, you're starting to slander me hard(pun intended). "you can't just change definitions to your liking to weasel your way out of suspicion"? Does it really look like that's what I've been doing? My clarifications are happening in the past, and though I did misuse the world scumslip once above, this is resolved. You can have the last word on this one, but we're not getting anywhere.

In post 540, theomoaner wrote:
In post 538, Slandaar wrote:Do I actually have to read through these newbie games...

Some people, they want the moon on a stick....

From Newb 1244, I think the context here is easily understood to mean only scum can scumslip.

In post 47, Gliffie wrote:Hey y'all. I'm Gliffie, arriving a bit late to the party. It'll be fun playing with you all :)

In post 40, RachMarie wrote:
Johnny are you trying to say you would play the same as town as you do as scum? Or is this a possible scumslip here?

phdjnkrnfkernk. I absolutely
hate
it when people say shit like "possible scumslip?". The whole logic is pants on head retarded. Scum are the most cautious players in the game (along with the doc), so why on earth would they slip up? Yeah, it might happen, especially here in newbie games (just look at <numbers>), but more often than not it's just some scrub-a-bub townie, and I know that feel. To be honest, I feel like scum are more likely to do the whole "ooh, scumslip??" charade. At least that's how it is in my experience.

And then there is this passage from 1244 which talks about scum tells, again I think from the context its obvious that Thor665 is talking about town who are behaving as scum and so exhibiting tells instead of slips.

In post 1148, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1143, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Thor, you did lead a few mislynches. (all of them if memory serves.)

:neutral:
I also lead the only correct lynch we had and jailed scum 3 out of 4 times.
So...yeah, good case.

In post 1144, TraceyLyn11 wrote:A specific example would be how long you waited to claim. It's
good because it would draw out any scum claims
, and you're teaching the newer players patience and to think for themselves.
But then again, there's obviously a clear scum advantage there

So it could be done for either a pro town or pro scum gain - you need to look at it in context at that point and figure out what I was doing it for.
At the core - this is a null tell until you do that.

In post 1144, TraceyLyn11 wrote:Another example is
when
you claimed. You kept calling yourself confirmed town and was flaunting it. On the one hand, your Thor. I don't expect anything less. On the other hand, scum would be pretty happy if they were considered confirmed town.

I was confirmed town...so...
And flaunting is a character trait. It clearly isn't a scumtell.

In post 1144, TraceyLyn11 wrote:ANOTHER example (that doesn't have to deal with the claim), would be that half the time it seems like you're purposely trying to trip people up by constantly asking loaded questions. Again, I see the IC potential (and the Thor asshole personality), but it could also be used as a way to pin someone as scum.

It could also be taken as scumhunting and trying to force people to think.
Again, it's, at best, a null tell until you look at it in perspective. Was I using it to make people think and to get reads, or was I using it to trip people up and lynch them?

In post 1144, TraceyLyn11 wrote:And finally, you pushed the Wray wagon. While you may have actually thought she was scum, I find it hard to believe just because of how incredibly TOWNIE she was. (PEDIT: Damn it Johnny!)

Wray was not incredibly townie in my opinion - and neither was she in the opinion of 2 other town (and, for a while, yourself)
For this to be a scumtell you have to be able to show some sort of evidence that I *did* believe she was incredibly townie....and didn't care.
That would make it very scummy.
Otherwise it's called a difference of opinion (take, for example, me calling Johnny and 2139-048 obv. town - I did so early and did so correctly, and I questioned people who voted them but never used it as a case against anyone...because I understood that just because I saw them as town didn't mean everyone did. Instead I spent time trying to understand *why* people saw them as scum. aka 'scumhunting')

I don't have the time right now to go through 1253 to find the posts, but you should get the idea from these that I think from this game alone Numbers ~should~ understand what everyone else on site means by scumslip.

I'd be happy to return my vote to Mollie as I to think she and Number-guy are both team scum, her comments on thurhame read to me as an attempt at covering for her partner, Thurhame's vote on mollie contained no logic and looked like scum distancing.

I think EPM has flaked, he's posting elsewhere but not here. I don't like the way he tried to stall the Numerical-guy wagon.
I'd happily lynch Telo too, I'm not with the "have a hissy fit if people disagree with me" thing she is doing right now.

At least you looked up my meta this time. But you realize the difference between "scumslip" and "scumtell" isn't all that much? At the time (
at the time not right now
), I believed that a scumslip was essentially what we now have agreed is a scumtell. If you haven't realized already, in light of the case against me, that makes a huge difference.

There's almost nothing I can do to convince you anymore of my intentions. If you had brought some statements explicitly stating a difference between scumslip and scumtell maybe you would have a point. But none of these passages imply any difference between them. They're not real words after all.

In post 548, dividizzle wrote:Sorry guys, had some technical difficulties yesterday. I have been set back by the recent replacing and returning. A couple things I think though:

buldemar's claim that any town player (regarding mollie) would have read previous games strikes me strangely. I still don't think I can get behind a Mollie lynch but I could get behind a numbersguy lynch and I agree that could give us a lot of information about Mollie as well.

As for numbers guy, I don't think the 'scumslip' was incredibly telling (as previously stated) but I do think his reaction has been poor, focusing on the issue and continuing to try to talk around it. I feel like town would have acknowledged that something they said was construed as scummy instead of backing into a wall and taking a me vs. them attitude.

Unvote
Vote: 10506670

Look, dividizzle, the reason that I'm still holding up for myself is because it wasn't a scumtell. I would never acknowledge something that is a neutral tell as a scum tell. I'd suggest reading some of my previous posts in greater detail.

Persona off. I'm not trying to talk around the issue. Everything you've been hearing is genuine, straight logic and reasoning. How exactly am I talking around it?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:07 am

Post by 10506670 »

Hello everyone,

Last day and night went faster than expected. Will post again once I have time to read.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:34 am

Post by 10506670 »

Welcome back guys, and believe in the lord.

I'm honestly not finding Shinori scum. Buldermar, he did not answer your questions and still has not answered them, but when I looked for the "questions" you were referencing, this is what I came up with:

I'd like a list of your current reasons for voting me so that I can respond to them.

Let's put this in context. Shinori voted McStab previously. He gives a huge list of quotes and implies that they convict McStab as scum. Then buldermar replaces McStab, and Shinori's vote ends up on him instead. Shinori has already listed his reasons for voting buldermar (previously mcstab), which, though not very convincing to me, are still reasons.

And honestly, what did you look toward getting out of the question? There wasn't really much to respond to - it was all McStab stuff. There's virtually no point in trying to justify someone else's actions.

The hammering thing looks incredibly stupid. Shinori forgetting that he is hammering reads to me as a careless and ridiculous mistake - a slight scumtell. The die thing has no meaning for me though - I've seen multiple usages of the word die well before the hammer, even in the context of the rest of his post.

Overall, I do not agree with the overwhelmingly scum assessment of Shinori. I do agree with rubik's assessment of him as useless.

People voting for Shinori that sound plausible: Maenara, Rubik, partially Eleison, Smash

People who I think need to stop taking drugs: Buldermar

Expect more in approximately 6 hours.

Wait a moment:

Because he's lurking scum?

I hope that was a joke. Or maybe it's because I started posting right after you mentioned this. But of course you didn't know I would do this previously, unless you were a psychic, which would imply that you already know everyone's alignments and you're just screwing with us.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by 10506670 »

Do you guys always /ignore me or something...?

Anyways, I think most of us can agree to PL Shinori... I honestly don't see the lynch of anyone else happening.

We're in big trouble if this keeps up though. Anti-town behavior is distracting us from any real scum discussion. Hoping that we can move past that next day.

VOTE: Shinori
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by 10506670 »

Two Eleison quotes:

Still considering Numbers as scum too, simply because of his openly crap vote.

Do you guys always /ignore me or something...?

Anyways, I think most of us can agree to PL Shinori... I honestly don't see the lynch of anyone else happening.

We're in big trouble if this keeps up though. Anti-town behavior is distracting us from any real scum discussion. Hoping that we can move past that next day.

This vote is bringing Shinori to L-1, where anyone could quickhammer and come over as town, even scum (assuming there's scum that hasn't already voted for him). This sheepish and weak vote stands out to me most of all, because he doesn't actually think Shinori is scum, but just hops on the wagon anyway and tries to cruise along.

After Shinori, I'm taking a stronger look at Numbers of being the next in line scum.

And another one, from D1, referencing Pirate Mollie.

Giving up at L-5? What is it with this game and antitown maneuvers? If I had a nickel, seriously. If anything, you should be policy lynched (or shot by a hypothetical Vig) for throwing in the white towel so early in the phase.

Between you and Shinori, I've seen enough of this anti-town behavior. I'm voting for you over him though because while he's gradually progressing from obvscum to possible antitown, you're doing the opposite. You're suggesting "triangulation", an easily backfire-able plan, filling the thread with posts that make sense only about half the time, and dropping crumbs left and right.

VOTE: PIRATE MOLLIE

So you're calling my vote weak because I don't actually think Shinori is scum, but rather want him PL'd for his behavior? You've got a great history to back that up.

And for placing him at L-1, what type of town would come in and quickhammer Shinori? I'm trusting the players here have more brainpower than that.

I would have called you scummy, but the mason claim, especially after it was corroborated by Smash, is convincing enough. I have never actually played in a game with Masons before, but it looks like scum would have to be high to claim as masons...
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I will admit I haven't been diligent with my posting in this thread, as I am switching posts again to Milan.

Qwints is looking towny overall, mostly because he dug up some nice info previously about Mae. However, the person I think looks most scummy at this point is Jun.

Jun has placed a lot of reliance on meta for several of his cases. Thurhame and NJAC are town based on meta, EPM looked scummy because he wasn't consistent with meta...

Look, Jun. If your Thurhame meta convinced you enough to say:
Guys, Thurhame is town. Believe me.

Then why does my play here not match up with my previous meta in my other games? Does this imply that I'm scum despite your previous confident town read? Meta is weak evidence overall, and I don't think any cases you make using it have much credibility.

Based on late Day 1, I think Shinori is town, and I think scum is trying to mislynch a townie. So I completely disagree with combinatorial Enigma's reasoning for wanting to go after Shinori. I think he's grasping at straws to magically fabricate some case against Shinori that isn't there. If you think Shinori is scum or useless there's a possibility that he's just useless. Wouldn't you then rather lynch someone like evilpacman18 who is in the same category but seems way more likely to be scum? Based on his own meta arguments he linked for me.[/quote

Well here is Jun's first
real
case on someone, namely Rubik. But what is the logic behind this?

Rubik: Shinori's scum
Jun: You're wrong, Shinori looked town to me (I didn't see anything D1 that remotely said Shinori was scum. If anything, he may have gotten townier recently, but I don't see anything that could put him farther than a neutral that early on)
Jun: And remember, he might just be useless.
Reasonable person: If we lynch a non-lurker, he could be scum or active town. If we lynch Shinori, he might be scum or useless town. Maybe the Shinori lynch looks better until we have a more solid scumread....
Jun: Let's go lynch someone based on their meta

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:00 am

Post by 10506670 »

In post 861, qwints wrote:10506670, if you think Jun is the most scummy, why not vote him?

My mistake. I thought I had voted him before I went looking for my gif, but clearly I hadn't and I also messed up the quote tag.

VOTE: JUN
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I'm doing my best guys, I really am.

There's a couple of things that happened over the weekend that are particularly important for my life, and I'm looking forward to chilling it out for a couple of days, y'all.

Q: 10506670, what were your reasons for initially voting Shinori besides not seeing the lynch of anyone else happening? Would you be willing to lynch Shinori instead based on the current information you have available?

I forget who I'm responding to (was either buldermar or qwints), but I'll state my views on Shinori. He was just so incredibly useless until this week, and my initial reasons for voting him are centered upon

1. Having not thought of a better candidate
2. Because he was useless and distracting me from doing 1

However, I have now thought of a better candidate, helped by the fact that around 200 posts ago Shinori actually attacked someone legitimately. So I'm only considering a Shinori lynch if it comes down to the wire - otherwise I'm pushing for Mr. Jun.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Post by 10506670 »

Because halfway through the meth kicked in.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Post by 10506670 »

In post 979, qwints wrote:UNVOTE: Maenara

Ok, Hiraki. I'll listen to you for today. Back to Shinori wagon!

On a side note, I was re-reading an old game which had a scum mason. Can both masons confirm that they know that their partner is town?

Any reason you trust Hiraki enough to deter from your main scumspect?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I think I understand lurking now that I'm actually doing it.

I'm spiralling back into depression, and I'm sure some of the younger players on this site have frequent experiences with this (I did at least). When you aren't feeling well you just don't want to post.

I'm not finding Rubik scummy at all, but he hasn't said anything that I paid much attention to anyways. I'm down for a Jun lynch.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (isolation #24) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:51 am

Post by 10506670 »

Pretty weird night kill. Don't know if they're looking to frame the masons or if the masons are actually scum.

VOTE: Jun

Tried to push for qwints, misreps me, and is scummy for reasons stated in my previous post.

Numbers doesn't vote Shinori until his train passes and he doesn't vote Maenara either.

I didn't vote for Shinori "until his train passes"? Hardly, man. I put him at L-1. And I just don't think Maenara is scummy.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:24 am

Post by 10506670 »

In post 1082, buldermar wrote:
Unfortunately you're unlikely to take into consideration the sincerity of this post if you're severely depressed, but I think I should make it anyway.

First, do you want to get better? If the answer is yes, do this:
- Exercise daily (even if you don't feel like it)
- Get some light/sun (artificially or not, doesn't matter)
- Get up in the morning and get out of your bed immediately upon wakening
- See people/family on a daily basis (even if you don't feel like it)

You
must
do these things despite not wanting to. If you prefer, I can elaborate on why these are important things to do. It is neurophysiologically close to impossible for you to stay depressed if you do these things.

Thanks, man. I'm not depressed enough to have to take antidepressants, and I can still think pretty well when I'm depressed.

The only thing I don't do on that list is exercise daily. It's pretty hard with my 12 hour shifts.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (isolation #26) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I didn't see the hat thing as a scumslip. Some players will joke around more, some will take things too seriously. Last game I was in, we had several accusations based on jokes that people claimed were "scumslips", and all of them ended up being directed... at town for heaven's sake. Don't be ridiculous about a hat joke.

In post 1087, combinatorialEnigma wrote:Would you like me to claim?

This is what troubles me more than hat about Rubik. His willingness to claim (which at that point would probably have been anti-town to say the least) is the most scummy thing I could find about him. But my Jun read is stronger than this one.

In post 1152, Jun wrote:Numbers, why vote me instead of Combinatorial Enigma, the guy who scumslipped? If Combinatorial Enigma does, indeed flip scum, that clears me of being mafia. I think CE is at L-3.

Also Numbers is likely to be scum.

If Rubik flips scum, I wouldn't go after you unless some PR evidence came in. But the same thing goes with you flipping scum, so I don't see the advantage in choosing my lesser scumread over my stronger one.

And it looks like your Thurhame read was on target. NJAC is probably the town god as well.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Post by 10506670 »

In post 1159, theomoaner wrote:
In post 1153, 10506670 wrote:

And it looks like your Thurhame read was on target...

You replaced Thurhame and you are only now reaching the conclusion that Jun's read on Thurhame was right?

Ya man.

Clearly you didn't get it.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I will need to reval Maenara, who I marked as town for some reason. Will not have much time until the weekend (flying to New York).
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1321 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:24 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I forgot to say I would be V/LA, but I'm back and better than ever.

Honestly I see very few paths for town to take. We can go on slinging forum evidence at each other, but I have little faith we can win without the help of PR's. I don't think we should lynch the masons in any case - Smash looks town to me, and I am willing to gamble on that in order to achieve a crucial scum lynch before the end of MYLO.

If we drag to MYLO without a PR claim, we are going to be stuck in the huge WIFOM of MYLO claiming. Scum can claim whatever they want with much less consequence than on other days (they can't get lynched back) and CC's are going to be nearly impossible to prove. I think any PR with at least some valuable information should claim now, especially in regards to the masons. If you found scum that's even better, but given what we have, I don't think that's happened.

Most of you are looking so scummy at this point that I'm beginning to think my standards were a bit too high. And that goes for Jun:

UNVOTE: Jun

though I might revote soon.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by 10506670 »

THIS game is becoming impossibly hard to read. I had 3 scumreads mainly based off votecount analysis, but none of them are solid enough to make much of a case on. I'm just going to lay down my thoughts from this point on.

JUN has turned more of an inexperienced noob read to me. I will clarify down below of some shifts in my reads.

THERE'S a couple of people whom I trust as town, and these would be buldermar and the two masons. The former because he's done a good job of hunting and picking out stuff, and the latter because smash looked town enough early on. That leaves

Combi, dividizzle, Hiraki, jun, mae, NJAC, TBM, and Theo

I don't see Rubik as being scummy. You guys keep talking about his hat, and his lack of content, but seriously it reads to me as a complete joke. The video, which Mykonian has clarified was within site rules, reassures me somewhat of this (which leads me to question whether it should have been legal or not), and even Maenara, in trying to get CE modkilled over the hat, is in essence implying that
he looks town

dividizzle, hiraki, jun, mae, NJAC, TBM, Theo

THIS may seem counter-intuitive but as another result of the hat scenario I'm thinking Jun is leaning closer to town now. Maybe more of a null, but I found something I only glanced over before:

Get ready to start eating. I want this guy lynched tomorrow if I get hammered today. He was my biggest scum read until I switched to Maenara since his train wasn't gaining traction. Maenara and everyone agrees that he seems really scummy, yet nobody wants to vote him with me. Interesting.

Scum. Scum. Scum.

I'd have to say I believe Jun on this one. He did read combi quite clearly as scum before switching onto Mae, so the facts line up. But more than that, the tone of the first two sentences feels genuine to me. I don't exactly like the ending of the post, but I'd have to say that he seems pretty damn confident that CE will be wrong.

ON a side note, TBM, if you come after me with a spoon I will shove ice cream down your throat.

I'm putting him aside for now, leaving at least 3 scum (possibly 4) among

dividizzle, hiraki, mae, NJAC, TBM, Theo

I'll finish later, don't want to accidentally lose this.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1410 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by 10506670 »

In post 1389, combinatorialEnigma wrote:
In post 1386, 10506670 wrote:THIS game is becoming impossibly hard to read. I had 3 scumreads mainly based off votecount analysis, but none of them are solid enough to make much of a case on. I'm just going to lay down my thoughts from this point on.

JUN has turned more of an inexperienced noob read to me. I will clarify down below of some shifts in my reads.

THERE'S a couple of people whom I trust as town, and these would be buldermar and the two masons. The former because he's done a good job of hunting and picking out stuff, and the latter because smash looked town enough early on. That leaves

Combi, dividizzle, Hiraki, jun, mae, NJAC, TBM, and Theo

I don't see Rubik as being scummy. You guys keep talking about his hat, and his lack of content, but seriously it reads to me as a complete joke. The video, which Mykonian has clarified was within site rules, reassures me somewhat of this (which leads me to question whether it should have been legal or not), and even Maenara, in trying to get CE modkilled over the hat, is in essence implying that
he looks town

dividizzle, hiraki, jun, mae, NJAC, TBM, Theo

THIS may seem counter-intuitive but as another result of the hat scenario I'm thinking Jun is leaning closer to town now. Maybe more of a null, but I found something I only glanced over before:

Get ready to start eating. I want this guy lynched tomorrow if I get hammered today. He was my biggest scum read until I switched to Maenara since his train wasn't gaining traction. Maenara and everyone agrees that he seems really scummy, yet nobody wants to vote him with me. Interesting.

Scum. Scum. Scum.

I'd have to say I believe Jun on this one. He did read combi quite clearly as scum before switching onto Mae, so the facts line up. But more than that, the tone of the first two sentences feels genuine to me. I don't exactly like the ending of the post, but I'd have to say that he seems pretty damn confident that CE will be wrong.

ON a side note, TBM, if you come after me with a spoon I will shove ice cream down your throat.

I'm putting him aside for now, leaving at least 3 scum (possibly 4) among

dividizzle, hiraki, mae, NJAC, TBM, Theo

I'll finish later, don't want to accidentally lose this.

Any reason for the arbitrarily capitalized words? Or am I trying too hard to make something of them?

Any reason for the arbitrarily capitalized words? Or am I trying too hard to make something of them?

It's a breadcrumb designed to allow me to claim actress while still maintaining the persona of an investigative role capable of killing people.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:53 pm

Post by 10506670 »

My last post invariably disappeared for no apparent reason.

Anyways, I do not support a rubik lynch, and I've already explained this.

That's right Majiffy.

VOTE: Majiffy

It ain't rape when both parties agree...

UNVOTE: Majiffy

I've come to a startling original conclusion: scum is generally less likely to replace out than town. If you look at the people who haven't replaced out yet (or aren't yet replacing out):

Me
Theomoaner
Hiraki
Mae
Dividizzle
NJAC
Smash (mason, we'll rule him out)

There's only 6 people on that list (out of what... 12?) Assuming there's 4 scum, and leaving room for perhaps 1 replace in, that's still 3 scum in 6. From the perspective on the people on that list, 3 scum in 5.

Those are pretty damn good odds guys. Now lets look at the lynch votes:

Out of the 5 above:

Hiraki and Theo on PM lynch wagon. Dividizzle on 10506670.

Hiraki, Mae, and NJAC on Shinori lynch wagon. Theo and 10506670 on Jun. Dividizzle on Mae.

Look, I know both these wagons are PL's. But still, just looking at that makes me suspect Hiraki.

The best course of action I can see is a lynch today (preferably Mae just because I believe rubik is town), and a lynch of one of the 6 tomorrow. Dividizzle, whom I made half a case against in my missing post, would be my choice of a real target if Mae flips town.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1519 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Post by 10506670 »

VOTE: Maenara

Nike. That's my five cents, and I encourage you all to do the same.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1520 (isolation #34) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by 10506670 »

This game has just reached a level of retarded beneath what I though was possible.

Numbers, your entire analysis is based on an opinion that scum are unlikely to replace, many better players than those in this game believe the opposite to be true. My experience of replacing in to games also suggests the opposite to be true. If you are seriously going to propose a lynch based on that opinion then you are clearly scum.

If you guys don't think I'm right, you can scumhunt in your regular ways. I'm just saying that I narrowed down the scum pool for myself.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1612 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by 10506670 »

This is turning out to be a pretty troll game...

I am starting to suspect Buldermar, but if anything TBM looks pretty damn suspicious for hammering in a situation that some people believed was MYLO. If we mislynched then we could have definitely lost, and he just went straight up there and did it.

VOTE: TheButtonMen
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1613 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:42 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I didn't realize the last day started until the lynch happened. But seriously what the hell with the Enigma and Mae lynches?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1643 (isolation #37) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:23 am

Post by 10506670 »

VT, if anyone still needs to know that.

BTM is probably town because smash is voting him.

Why does this make any sense? Smash is pretty much confirmed town.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1685 (isolation #38) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:15 am

Post by 10506670 »

The fact that TBM has not yet been hammered means that there are likely either only two scum or three scum with TBM being one of them. The only other situations I can think of are that 1. scum is afraid there are more roleblockers and don't want to quickhammer or 2. hiraki is scum and doesn't give a shit about this game

My vote stays where it is for the time being.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1734 (isolation #39) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:58 am

Post by 10506670 »

In post 1731, buldermar wrote:
5. I don't have one. What do you suggest? That I try to convince the masons to lynch Dividizzle?

The only person that would remotely support a dividizzle lynch is me. TBM and dividizzle are still my top scum reads. I have no idea about Hiraki, especially since TBM is advocating his lynch.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (isolation #40) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by 10506670 »

... Holy confusion. So that account is playing for both of you?

But seriously. The fact that scum haven't yet hammered TBM for the insta win means that... he's probably scum.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1816 (isolation #41) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Post by 10506670 »

Common denominator? You clearly got something wrong.

I can't say anything about NJAC. Literally nothing. I'm beginning to suspect buldermar to be sure, as trusting him as town has led to nowhere. But moreover, I want to purse Hiraki, my former scumread, who has now become TLM.

TLM and buldermar are my reads. Pappums and NJAC need more consideration.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1830 (isolation #42) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by 10506670 »

Smash, my reads are not based on them not replacing out. Hiraki has piqued my attention for a while, and Buldermar is a new read because I had previously thought TBM was scum.

Buldermar, there are two scum left. A blocking role shouldn't affect whether scum wins or not, because the fact is if there were 3 we would not be capable of lynching anyone = scum win.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1839 (isolation #43) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I'm not hammering.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1840 (isolation #44) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Post by 10506670 »

Though to be quite honest I would like to see TLM dead.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1853 (isolation #45) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I'm hoping the daykill happens immediately so we can discuss it.

If your claim is correct, you better prove it now. I'd suggest killing buldermar, and based on the flip we decide the last lynch.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1963 (isolation #46) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I'm terribly sorry for dying out after the first days... I replaced in thinking the game would be over quickly when instead it dragged on forever.

I found this game enjoyable. I'm sure others will be to differ, but I was having a fine time until I couldn't catch up with everything.

I'm not the best at reads, in any way, and haven't played any normals before (had no idea scum could be a dayvig).

Anyways, have fun, don't do drugs ~Herbert

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”