NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by Candy Corn Vampire »

/CONFORM
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:22 am

how is ninja already buddying lambda before the game starts.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:43 am

In post 88, Maxous wrote:
In post 37, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:how is ninja already buddying lambda before the game starts.

In what way exactly?
This confused me.

It was a joke. He was defending her statements for her.

In post 71, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
This being said, Ninja, he's bad. Like, just ISO him and read a few of his games and you'll see that he's bad.

can you explain this dear? is he an alt?

Policy lynching is boring. and rack is pretty scummy.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:45 am

and drmy no rqs whatsoever. especially how you do it.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:57 am

In post 89, rack wrote:NN: Why push others for answers when you could just as easily research yourself? Why are you trying to make others do your work for you?

LLD: You're being oddly passive. Why?

mastin: Why choose now to re-invent yourself?

Nero: Move on. Choose a different bone to pick.

Noodle strategy, esp boring noodle strategy. These questions don't really need answers and more amount to him trying to think of things to say rather that saying things he thinks needed to be said. Rack, are you an alt? and alt of who?
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:41 am

In post 100, rack wrote: And we're a hydra, which you obviously missed in the signup thread. Please pay more attention in the future.

nice Image. Whose?

NN: He's pretty into PLing but I don't think it's because of alignment. He showed similar intentions in the queue before he received a pm.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:44 am

wow tml.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:58 am

overselling your reads, esp on someone who hasn't posted content? I have a great distaste for people who go after them first.

And if there's actual good content going around, tell us your other reads.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:42 pm

Ninja you certainly are...motivated.

I haven't read the thread in depth enough yet, but how did there become a large consensus on rack since I left? He hasn't made any new posts. Or was that one post I cited as scummy enough?
deconstructivist humour, while sometimes funny when done well, is intellectually lazy. it is a prime example of having your cake and eating it too, there's always another layer of irony to retreat to should someone not get the joke, or be offended by it.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:40 am

Image stop...just stop drmy...
deconstructivist humour, while sometimes funny when done well, is intellectually lazy. it is a prime example of having your cake and eating it too, there's always another layer of irony to retreat to should someone not get the joke, or be offended by it.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:52 pm

So I have a couple of suspicions but I'm going to take them one at a time. Also there are several people I am waiting to post more before giving an entire overview of this game. (such as the infamous rack).

Spoiler:
In post 119, Kublai Khan wrote:Pine... You know better. There is scum motivation in avoiding posting content until you see where other players stand on issues. scooby is deserving of the pressure that The Mini-Librarian is trying to exert.

In post 123, Kublai Khan wrote:@Pine -
What should The Mini-Librarian do? Threaten him with the comfy chair? The pillow with all the stuffing pushed into the corner?

Hyperbole isn't a new thing in mafia, so I'm confused as to why you're acting so unfamiliar with it.

Whatever you think, scooby definitely ain't deserving of the defense you're volunteering.

In post 279, Kublai Khan wrote:
The biggest thing of note is that The Mini-Librarian is the only person to call for scooby's death. And he did so 5 pages into the game. I backed up The Mini-Librarian because prodding someone for content is a perfectly valid scum-hunting technique. Pine, scooby, and now you have all accused "people" of trying to lynch scooby for merely making a confirmation post. There's a lot of misrepping going on.

I understand that you disagree with the naysayers about TML's premature call on scooby scum, but the extent you are going to defend someone of what should be unknown alignment is a bit much for me. TML is perfectly capable of answering for himself, and I am unsure why you feel it necessary to be in this argument.

And @Firestarter - WTF? For someone who dissected the game as such as your game notes show, how are you so obvlious to the situation you've called me on? Here's the play-by-play:

93 - scooby confirms
96&99 - Khan posts (no mention of scooby)
106 - The Mini-Librarian: "I also would like scooby to die."
107 - Pine: That seems unreasonable.
108 - Candy Corn Vampire: "wow tml."
109 - The Mini-Librarian: How could he ignore content?
113 - Candy Corn Vampire thinks The Mini-Librarian is over-selling reads
114 - Pine agrees
117 - The Mini-Librarian sees scum motivation in scooby's actions.
118 - Pine disagrees, vehemently even.
119 - Kublai Khan: "There is scum motivation in avoiding posting content until you see where other players stand on issues. scooby is deserving of the pressure that The Mini-Librarian is trying to exert."
121 - Pine: "he's deserving of pressure. Not of "NEEDS TO DIE NOW"."
123 - Kublai Khan: "Whatever you think, scooby definitely ain't deserving of the defense you're volunteering."
125 - The Mini-Librarian: "What other means of pressure do I have besides calling for his death? Would you have liked it better if I said something more of the lines of "scooby is scum" or "scooby needs to explain himself"?"

WHOLE THING GETS DROPPED. UNTIL -

176 - scooby: "I am town btw

Fuck these idtiots that think that posting a lot means you are town

Ill post after fucking my GF"

(Note: scooby has officially been fucking his GF for 1 day, 4 hours, and 5 minutes straight as of this post! Way to go! Hope you're using lube and definitely consult a doctor afterwards!)

186 - Kublai Khan: You still having posted content despite the fact that you're obviously reading the game enough to skim for your name.
211 - Maxous calls out Pine for defending scooby
217 - Pine responds, massively over-stating the danger that scooby was in.

I don't know if this is due to my headache or not, but I looked at his post over and over again to see what he exactly called you out on. He said that he agreed with pine, but he has you under a town read for thinking like him otherwise. Can you tell me what you mean?
The problem I have with the post though still stands. The original play by play was obviously extraneous, so what does that make your correction? To me it feels like you were undermining him rather than correcting him.

I could get behind a Firestarter wagon. His analysis is a mess. Though drmyshotgun, rack, and Nero Cain need some serious ropage as well.

If anything, you would call Firestarter a shameless sheeper rather than messy with his analysis. I believe all of his scum reads were recycled from other parts of the thread. Such as the nero cain part from you, the drmyshotgun from Ninja, and the rack part from me.
Can you explain exactly what you meant by your statement then?

In post 321, Kublai Khan wrote:
unvote: Firestarter

Vote: rack

Changed my mind. Firestarter isn't going anywhere and likely doesn't need pressure to answer questions.

I have no problem with the rack vote, but instead your reasoning for jumping off. You hadn't even attempted to question him on his reads, or make points on him other than a vote. So what makes you think he doesn't need pressure? Or could you articulate your change of mind of better? I have some idea why, but I'd like to hear it from you.

Other reasons I have picked you out first is your attack on nero and a little bit of what I accused rack of. In post 186 you say you know nero is scum. However you haven't pursued this in 6 pages. I also hardly see how it's scummy to not have proof when it comes to policy lynching. Nero obviously is a bit of a less rational player so his reactions were a bit odd, but I see no need to pursue what had been already verified by several sources. The other part is picking a lot of targets with weak accusations, looking for the worst reaction. It doesn't have to be a scum strategy, but it's one I like to do as scum, so I recognize when other people are doing it.

VOTE: Kublai Khan

Mastin's reasoning had no effect in this vote. Words fail me when I am looking at his posts.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:05 pm

I don't like quote walls, thus I spoilered it.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:11 am

underachiever please try harder VOTE: rack

lambda, jesus. I voted kublai khan because I wanted some suspicions answered, your ire for him is unneeded.

and fluff :|. I wrote the book on rack scum, and the few posts I have have been mostly scum hunting. Now your just trying to slander me.

In post 364, Kublai Khan wrote:
The extent? Two posts as back & forth posts banter done within the span of.. less than an hour. Then two tangently-related posts later on where I call out people for misrepping me. [sarcasm]Yeah, I've totally got The Mini-Librarian's back in this game[/sarcasm]

Why am I not allowed to call out Pine on what I consider strange (possibly scummy) behavior? Would you prefer I stay silent and not answer anything until directly addresses?

Yea. When someone calls someone out you don't really need to defend them for them. Or at least I don't.

Why do you feel it's "strange (possibly scummy)"? I don't really know him, but disagreeing is scummy?

My main problem with Firestarter is that his read on the situation is completely wrong. For as carefully as he's claiming he's read the game, he's exhibiting very poor reading comprehension. I don't care that he has me under a town read, my problem is that he's implying that I'm being hypocritical and inconsistent in my views ("Where was the pressure on me?") when I'm not. The play-by-play was to clearly explain that I am not being in the least bit inconsistent and my "stance" on scooby is nothing like what he preported it to be.

I don't see really why you care, but okay.

It's a mess. It's no good. It's not accurate. It's inept. It bears the resemblance of someone putting effort in, but it's really poorly done and rather self-conciously trying to push forth an agenda. I don't really know how to answer your question as I think you're just trying to create busywork for me.

It's not accurate? you mostly agree with him though.

You can through words out there attacking anybody, but those still gotta have some sort of objectivity to them. I felt like you were saying bad things about him for the sake of saying bad things.

Nero Cain is on my back-burner. His early behavior in this game is freaky-odd and I'm undecided on how to fully classify him. Nero Cain-scum could have easily just pointed to a game he was in with drmyshottyizsik and squashed the argument. Instead he's ignored it which makes him look scummy as hell, but he's not so dumb as to do something like that. So.. he's under observation for now.

I think more importantly if he was scum he'd pull out evidence to get you off your back. Its usually townies who act stubborn in these sitiuations. what motive would neroscum have to not pull out evidence.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:22 am

In post 391, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Spoiler: CandyCorn's Fluff
In post 37, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:how is ninja already buddying lambda before the game starts.

Before game.
In post 95, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:and drmy no rqs whatsoever. especially how you do it.

answering a question.
In post 102, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:
In post 100, rack wrote: And we're a hydra, which you obviously missed in the signup thread. Please pay more attention in the future.

nice Image. Whose?

NN: He's pretty into PLing but I don't think it's because of alignment. He showed similar intentions in the queue before he received a pm.

answering NN's question.

saying tml is suspicious.
In post 226, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:Ninja you certainly are...motivated.

I haven't read the thread in depth enough yet, but how did there become a large consensus on rack since I left? He hasn't made any new posts. Or was that one post I cited as scummy enough?

asking a question.
In post 334, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:Image stop...just stop drmy...

making a point.
In post 355, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:I don't like quote walls, thus I spoilered it.

answering a question.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:52 am

is that directed at me red? would you like me to explain more in depth?
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:29 am

@Redff
"wrote the book" was hyperbole. I meant that I called him scummy early on. I didn't mean it in a boastful way -_-

That post is one reason, but his following posts aren't redeeming.

shit posting, such as his meaningless response in the next post.
In post 100, rack wrote:KK: Nero is currently null-leaning-scum.

CCV: Please. We're just getting started. And we're a hydra, which you obviously missed in the signup thread. Please pay more attention in the future.

LLD: no u

The catchphrasing is a bad reaction to someone that accuses you. and If he's really getting started, then where is his actual content then?

Avoiding his accusations,
In post 227, rack wrote:This post, and all posts up until now, are me, Head A.

Head B is supposed to be coming along soon to extract us from the shitstorm I've managed to cause.

And no, we aren't revealing our heads, so get over it.

Needing the second to defend you is bad, but the whole "oh I screwed up" part isn't how town members should react to getting attacked either. Town members should want to communicate with others, not blame it all on being a bad player.

fabricated reads.
In post 377, rack wrote:Head A (again--Head B seems to not be responding).

Khan is completely scummy for his dismissal and reaction on the last page. Even Mastin saw it.

Mastin, speaking of which, is solid town now. I'm very familiar with his town game, and this is getting much closer to that.

Some other people I will keep my eye on are:

drmyshotgun
vijay
Mini-Lib
and of course, LLD.

Kinda busy right now, sorry. Will try my best to post more soon.

VOTE: Kublai Kahn

No content here, and the voting khan because at the time it had more votes than anyone else. Lack of explaination on the reads, and bothers to post but then excuses himself from content. I don't like the buddying of mastin either. He obviously knows several people here but refuses to claim who he is. I don't like meta reasoning, but really how do we know whether or not he's credible or not. Either way, he's looking for friends.

and my posts aren't contentless, you just disagree with the content.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #16) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:38 am

you wanted me to so I gave it to you. I feel most of the latter stuff has been said in some form in the rest of the thread, so I found it unnecessary to provide it.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:03 am

no i didn't, Why does it matter anyways?
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (isolation #18) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:28 am

Even if I did, boasting isn't a scum or town trait.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #19) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:40 am

whatever.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”