Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:49 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Okay, well. Waiting for a cop to come out is rather stupid, espically on the second day, just to confirm an innocent who has one vote against him - even if it is mith. More than likely, if he wasn't checked last night, he will be tonight in all likeliness, and will probably gain the doctor's protection as well. So we can deal with mith (if the need arises) tomorrow, because if he is scum, the cop will hopefully have the presence of mind to notify the rest of the town.

unvote: jeep
, as it was purely random.
vote: warrior4037
for wanting to the cop to come out. it's weak, but i dont care. nothing much else to go on.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:16 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Well, it's not like i'm encouraging the doc to protect you. It's just more than likely he will, because you're "experienced" or something like that. Something to do with that whole deduction process. :roll: Whatever
that
is.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:40 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Well, since we're on a rather random, let's just kill whoever train of thought, might as well reveal my role before a runaway bandwagon goes against me "for the sake of speeding up a day." I can protect one person, only one time. A one time doctor. Other than that i'm a townie. Not really important, so i guess i'm expendable to be lynched. Better than lynching a real doc or a cop.

As for that remark, it was made out of complete sarcasm, Quailman. As i would love to hand you a wonderful OMGUS vote, i'll let me vote against warrior stand, if at least for the principle of it all.

Oh, and i had no intention of using my protection to mith for this upcoming night, so no need to think that my previous post was alluding me to wasting a perfectly good doctor ability just because of senority or experience.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:11 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Maybe we get the wonderful twist of ten one-time docs! Whoo-hoo! I just hate that i didn't get a high-tech "Israeli army surplus 1st aid kit." I got stuck with a big bandaid to provide some aide to our town.

As for voting, it looks like it's to the bandwagon for me.
Vote: Mith
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:22 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Oi, not only did i mention my unvote of warrior4037, but i posted right after mith. So, i didn't see his own reply until after i posted mine.. anyways, just a question:

If you don't have a good reason to lynch, don't lynch.

So.. we shoudn't have bangwagons that succeed in lynching a person when the base of the bandwagon is weak at best? Isn't that what happened in Day 1? Yes, i know. That was day one - random voting, right? Well, this is only day two. Still more or less random.

I'm not saying you're scum, but anyone could easily claim to have a one-day ability when they don't. It seems to be a running theme that's occurring.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:42 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Well, the reason why i believe IS, is because he mentioned the Israeli army surplus 1st aid kit. I myself was given an extremely large bandaid to protect someone with. I never mentioned getting some random object that would act as the "protecting device," or whatever. He mentioned his first, leading me to believe the credibility to his claim.

As for your claims to innocence:

I'll also note that if I were scum, I'd have jumped on the equally senseless IS wagon.

No, you wouldn't have. You've been playing mafia long enough to know that maybe you shouldn't jump on a bandwagon that holds almost no substance. Something about trying to look like an extremely good townie that blends in well, and shouldn't be lynched for the good of the town.

And if I were scum making this up, I'd have mentioned it right off, instead of having to go look up my role.

Why would you have just "mentioned it right off" if you were mafia? That would have had - in your opinion - put a big bright "I am scum" sign over your head. Why would you do something that you believe would make you look guilty? I personally wouldn't have taken a second glance to you replying right away with a role claim. And i don't see how we can measure this amount of time that you supposedly took to look up any role whatsoever. And I don't really see the relevance, or why you brought it up.

Those were your two points of innocence. They could be very well true, but they also could just be blatant lies. You seem to be either taking this really way too personal, or you're just having a male pms night or something.

But, whatever.
Unvote: mith
. And on to the next,
Vote: mr911
, because voting for the quiet people sounds just fine to me.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:24 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

QUOTE: I personally wouldn't have taken a second glance to you replying right away with a role claim.

...which is why I would've done it that way, if I were making it up. Duh.

Well, Mr. Smartass, i was implying that i wouldn't have taken a second glance if you had taken two seconds or two days to produce a role claim. If you were mafia, you probably had an idea what type of role claim you were going to splurt out before the first night was over with, and by the time that i mentioned (and definately by the time IS spoke up) my one-night ability, you would have had plenty of time to think up a wonderful ability that would be also a one-nighter. Any way you look at it, the time it took you to reply with your role claim is irrevelant and the length was to be decided at your leisure, because there was plenty of time before hand to make up something if you were indeed scum.

Gee, if newbies know that experienced Mafia players know this, why do newbies think it's a good idea?

Because it
is
a good idea? Simplicity seems to be the key to winning a mafia game. Why go through the trouble of seeming borderline evil when you can act like a complete, nieve townie so when it comes down to a Pro-Town Mafia in Disguise vs. A Shady Random Townie vote, the votes will sway away from the seemingly clean scum because, "Hey! Look! He's been doing smart, well thought-through decisions! He must be good!"

Anyway, I could've come up with all sorts of reasons to vote for IS. Just IS's own reason of wanting to get day over with that he always uses, and you'd never had given it a second thought.

Wow, that's incredibly egotistical of you, to believe that you could sway my sheep mentality with such ease. I may be a newbie, but i'm not a complete retard.

Since you used a specific example, i will your scenerio in my retort: I would trust IS over you in day one (and day two, as that is what today is), because IS
always
acts vote happy, and then shocked and appalled when the votes stack up, so it's not the easiest of decisions to make in deciding his guilt - thus, the cop would probably want to check him first, then another high-profile player. And from the list of players, you, IS, jeep, Quailman and quercitron seem to be the "must check them first because they know how to play and i want to trust them" for those less experienced cops. I would place IS and you on the top of that list, in that order. Anyways, in essence, i'm sure within two days the cop has checked you, so i removed my vote and moved on.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:40 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Uhm. ..Neat? :?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:45 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Wow. I wrote out a very nice, long reply to your last post, matching each point of yours with reasoning and whatnot of my own. Then i realized that our debating is not helping the town. I already changed my vote from you, realizing my mistake. There is no need to muddle up the thread with our conversation that holds no real substance pertaining to the game (though perhaps it holds a place in a debate thread about mafia, or a pm, or something). You are more than likely innocent - a cop has probably already checked you due to your name alone. If not already, he will probably tonight, or sometime soon. I think IS and my own claim to roles make my own innocence more or less solid. Let's move on, shall we? Furthering our debate would only give the scum something to hide behind.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:11 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Home? Pah.

Go town, and whatnot.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”