Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:51 am

Post by mith »

Pah.
Vote: jadesmar
. Everyone knows it's a bad idea to vote for me early in the game, Cops usually check me. Also, I'm innocent, so you must be scum die die suck etc.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:03 pm

Post by mith »

Ah, that would be nice if a Doc would protect me. Whee. :)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:28 pm

Post by mith »

FOS: GC
. One time Doc? I don't really buy that. But I won't vote for him, since Mackay says so.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:10 pm

Post by mith »

You people are idiots.

You're testing out a "list" against the creator of THE LIST?

Also, may I go on record that if I get lynched by 4 votes in quick succession just before the deadline, I am suing or something. This is stupid. If you don't have a good reason to lynch, don't lynch. I am voting jadesmar for pushing this stupid wagon, but, other than IS, I now suspect all of you. I can at least understand IS wanting to save his own skin.

Antrax, can I get a small extension on the deadline, just so I don't feel like I've been unfairly lynched yet again? (See Mini 3, Improbable Role, that game on GLC that pissed me off, even though everyone else in the game was evil anyway, and numerous other examples of me getting screwed by deadlines).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:13 pm

Post by mith »

Oh, and since I am about to be unfairly lynched, I might as well reveal my role. I am a townie, with a one time ability. I won't say what it is, but hopefully someone out there has a similar role and will back me up.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:14 pm

Post by mith »

(and no, it's not Doc ability, which I still think would be a stupid idea, but I am less suspicious of now that I actually went back to look at my email :))
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #40 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:16 pm

Post by mith »

Make that five votes. I swear, this is the stupidest bandwagon I've ever seen.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #41 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:18 pm

Post by mith »

I think I'm going to see if I can insult my way to a lynch.

Morons.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #42 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:19 pm

Post by mith »

I'll also note that if I were scum, I'd have jumped on the equally senseless IS wagon.

I wish Will were playing, he'd be more intelligent than this.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #44 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:23 pm

Post by mith »

The List condemns you all to an eternal torment at the hands of the Mafia, whom you give this town to in a little gift box, wrapped with a bow, and a card that says "We suck, and can't think for ourselves, let's follow someone who can come up with a list of 10 people on it on the first day and act like he knows what he's talking about. Oh, and thank you in advance for killing me and my family.".
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #45 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:24 pm

Post by mith »

Yes, GC, so that's why everyone instantly believes IS? I'm not even claiming Doc ability, I'm claiming something else. And if I were scum making this up, I'd have mentioned it right off, instead of having to go look up my role.

Losers.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #48 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:56 pm

Post by mith »

I personally wouldn't have taken a second glance to you replying right away with a role claim.

...which is why I would've done it that way, if I were making it up. Duh.

You've been playing mafia long enough to know that maybe you shouldn't jump on a bandwagon that holds almost no substance.

Gee, if newbies know that experienced Mafia players know this, why do newbies think it's a good idea? Anyway, I could've come up with all sorts of reasons to vote for IS. Just IS's own reason of wanting to get day over with that he always uses, and you'd never had given it a second thought. Basically, it's a Vizzini argument. You think I'd never have voted for IS if I were scum, but maybe I'd vote for IS just for that reason. *~shrug~*

Well, the reason why i believe IS, is because he mentioned the Israeli army surplus 1st aid kit. I myself was given an extremely large bandaid to protect someone with. I never mentioned getting some random object that would act as the "protecting device," or whatever. He mentioned his first, leading me to believe the credibility to his claim.

Yeah, I went back and noticed, after the initial "Bah, they're doing it again" reaction. Unfortunately, I didn't have the luxury of someone else with my role already coming out, so I couldn't provide details. Hopefully someone can confirm another ability exists, I think it's pretty likely someone can. In fact, the only reason they wouldn't be able to is if they're already all dead, and that's pretty unlikely.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #49 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:59 pm

Post by mith »

Oh, in case it isn't clear on that first bit, I'm not saying I would have *only* role claimed right off as Mafia, I just had forgotten that detail of my role until I looked it up, so I didn't. I am saying that I would pretty much always, as Mafia, post a role claim right away in that situation if I decided to make one up, not that I wouldn't also usually do the same if I were telling the truth.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #51 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:38 pm

Post by mith »

I won't even bother with the rest of that, but:

and then shocked and appalled when the votes stack up

Obviously you've never seen me get bandwagoned before. Consider yourself initiated. :)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #53 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:47 pm

Post by mith »

Actually, I take that back, I'll jump all over this bit too.

You said:

You've been playing mafia long enough to know that maybe you shouldn't jump on a bandwagon that holds almost no substance.

Ok, I've been playing Mafia long enough to know this. I know this, because, see, it's a
bad idea
. Bandwagoning for no reason, other than on the first day, is a bad idea. There is always something to go on. And yes, quercitron may have this something, I wouldn't be surprised if he has caught some subtlety that makes him suspect me, but that's no reason for you all to go jumping off a cliff for him (incidentally, it's egotistical of me to think I could herd you when you're following everyone else around?). Anyway, point is, bandwagoning for no reason, bad. If you would make the above statement about my stance on bandwagoning, you must recognize this too. So why do it? See, I'm talking about bandwagoning. Perhaps you are saying staying *off* the bandwagon is a good idea. Staying *off* the bandwagon is *not* what you, newbie-in-question, are doing. Follow, or do I have to do a 2000 word essay on the matter?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #61 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:45 pm

Post by mith »

Didn't I already explain this? I had forgotten about mine.

Too many games. :)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #67 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:08 am

Post by mith »

See, always listen to mith.
Vote: jadesmar, conmfirmed Mafia scum
(my one time ability was that of a Cop).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #79 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:58 am

Post by mith »

*~delayed celebration for yesterday~*

Now then, anyone want to try lynching me today? ;) I'm going to
Vote: CaptainBlicero
, another trying to follow the blasphemous list. I'd go after quercitron, but I find it unlikely that jade would've followed his scum-buddy's list.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #84 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:52 am

Post by mith »

nope, no skinny, just eradicating the farce of a list from memory :P
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #90 (isolation #19) » Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:11 am

Post by mith »

Bah, quercitron, The List is not generated by random numbers. It is highly scientific and such. Accurate, too. So pah. :P
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #94 (isolation #20) » Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:25 am

Post by mith »

Why were you following the list in the first place, then?

However, you bring up a good point, my life was in your hands, and you spared me. So, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

Unvote: CB

I still don't think quercitron is scum though, so instead I will
Vote: Polotet
, the other player (other than jade) that stuck with his vote for me.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #98 (isolation #21) » Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:08 am

Post by mith »

Let's get a move on this game. Someone pick someone.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #122 (isolation #22) » Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:00 pm

Post by mith »

FOS: jeep

Framing CB maybe? Not enough to vote on, but anyway.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #132 (isolation #23) » Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:30 pm

Post by mith »

I think I'll go with the bowels, and
vote: jeep
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #140 (isolation #24) » Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:03 am

Post by mith »

jeep, I FOSed (and then voted) for you simply because the two people voting for CB yesterday were quercitron and yourself, and quercitron is now dead. By killing him, you would, at least to the non-paranoid mith, throw a bit of suspicion on him, and a bit of innocence on yourself. Just seems like something Mafia would do. I never said it was much, nor do I think CB is necessarily innocent, but this game is going incredibly slow.

However, given that you are freaking out over getting my vote (it's not like they followed me yesterday), and are trying to throw suspicion on me... well, that doesn't really persuade me to change my vote. Your argument is just silly. I welcome any one-shot cop to check me, I have nothing to hide, but don't you think someone would've done so by now? And why, if I were Mafia, would I sacrifice another Mafia, knowing that there are likely several one-shot cops out that who will be drawn to me like moths to a light?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #168 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:47 am

Post by mith »

I love these paranoid theories. It's like that Occam's Razor thing Antrax always talks about (which tends to annoy me). What's the simplest reason for me being wrong about jeep?

I thought he was Mafia, and was just wrong!

He *was* attacking me, after all, and so my somewhat random choice turned into a not-so random one. Anyway, go ahead and lynch me if you like, Gaspode, just rest assured that you'll probably be lynched for it the next day. :)

That said, the switching by Accountant is a good reason, so I may vote for him/her.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #170 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:21 pm

Post by mith »

It's not *just* that the logic is shaky (well, now that you've posted again, it's not :)). Relying on what has worked in the past is all well and good, but you have to consider the circumstances of this particular game. It worked once, and now we're in another game, and there is *other evidence* that points to me being innocent. Hardly worth a FOS, really. I mean, one game I caught 4 of the 5 Mafia with a bizarre randomish method (or, as I like to think of it, The List, bringer of joy and harmony, giver of light, truth, happiness, and everlasting triumph over the Mafia, and eater of pizza). Doesn't mean I would even FOS someone over that same method again (would vote for someone on The List, but that's another story). :)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #218 (isolation #27) » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:33 am

Post by mith »

Wow, can't believe I'm still alive in this game. I was expecting to be replaced or killed by now.

Vote: IS
. He's one of the few that would leave me alive this long (IMO), and he just seems suspicious. I'd have voted for him several days ago, had I checked this game.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #250 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 26, 2003 5:51 am

Post by mith »

Bleh. I so would've had Quail if I had gotten on during all the switching. I've only seen him do that one other time, in Mafia 5 [edit]GL[/edit]. :) That, and he kept complimenting me.

Anyway, yeah, should've followed the game closer. I stick by what I said about IS being one of the few that would keep me alive this long (Quail being the other), just went with IS 'cause he kept leading Townie lynches (not that I did any better).

Good job, you scummy bird and DS.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”