Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:29 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

unvote

OMGUS Vote: StrykkerVerde

I hope that was just your way of randomvoting someone, or your way of saying you didn't like me putting a second vote on someone, because if it's not then you could've just as well said "I am scum, lynch me". Clarification, please.

When I think about it you could ofcourse be an insane/paranoid cop, but if you thought you were a sane cop, it wouldn't be that smart to defacto roleclaim this early in the game, when you could've just waited for me to say or do something that you could jump on. That's atleast how I would've played it day 1 if I was the cop and got a guilty result the first night.

If you are an insane/paranoid cop and investigated me during the night please say so. Then I'll roleclaim if people want me to.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:53 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

I actually only thought about the possibility of there being an insane/paranoid cop after writing the first part of the post, I'll be happy to
unvote
. It's not like anyone's going to start a bandwagon against him anyway :lol: .

Let me just hear a clarification from StrykkerVerde first, then I'll roleclaim.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:09 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

armlx wrote:I won't be lynched day 1? How good!!!
Don't be too sure about that, I think I'll be able to prove that I'm innocent, so there will hopefully be more opportunities to round up the usual suspects. :twisted:
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:40 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

1. VitaminR jumps on a bandwagon without even thinking to question what I'm talking about.
2. Don Gaetano freaks out way too much, especially since I haven't actually claimed anything I've just voted for him.
3. A couple posts later Don Gaetano is already willing to roleclaim with only a couple people having checked in the thread.
4. Armlx is more than willing to lynch Don Gaetano for the sake of not being lynched himself (seems like he has self preservation on his mind).
1. VitaminR jumping on the bandwagon like that is completely understandable. I would've done the same in his position.

2. Well, in retrospect I might have overreacted a little, but since I jumped to the conclusion that you either thought you had or pretended that you had information on me, I reacted right away. How would you feel if you thought someone basically said they were the cop and that you were scum on day 1 when you're innocent.

3. Since I wrongly thought you would claim cop (as did most others) I would really have no other option than to roleclaim now would I? If you read my post I said I'd roleclaim when I heard a clarification from you. By that I meant that I'd claim in a heartbeat if you claimed cop. It would be pointless, not to do that.

4. I think that was a joke, I for one don't think that was scummy at all.

So basically we have nothing. On day 1 most of the town has nothing to go by, and the the few that do probably know nothing that would make them roleclaim to share it. So when you gave the impression that you knew something, it was the only thing the town could go after. Personally I think it was an innocent mistake from your part (although I could be wrong), but please be careful about remarks like that in the future.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:30 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

armlx, I didn't undestand he was joking either, but that doesn't make him scum. How stupid wouldn't it be to say "lynch "player"" then a day later "Just kidding" if you were scum. The only thing that was accomplished was to draw attention towards StrykkerVerde. Now, I'm not saying that means he's innocent, but I'm pretty certain he didn't do it on purpose, so in my opinion it can't really be used against him.

I know I said he had to be an insane/paranoid cop or scum in my first post after his "joke", but I wrote that post a second after I noticed what he had written, so it wasn't exactly very analytical.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:57 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

Vote: Fritzler

You're not being helpful at all, and you continue to vote/FOS people for no/bad reasons. If you are pro-town, add something to the discussion, share your views, but don't vote and FOS people without any explanation. If I'm not mistaken you've posted 9 times in this game, if you don't count quotes everyone of them have been one-liners, and the closest you've come to add something useful to the discussion was quoting StrykkerVerde's conclusions.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:24 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

The goals to catch scum, not to be "productive."
TSAGod, How does the town catch scum, other than cop investigations? The only way is for the town to be "productive" as you put it, so that we can analyze people's behaviour, and notice who the lurkers are. And the only way for a townie to share his views on people's behaviour, is to post them, so that the rest of the town can make up their minds about them, and decide if they agree. If everyone played as Fritzler has done in this game (maybe all his games for all I know), a mafia game would consist only of random votes, random bandwagons and a random lynch at the end of each day, in fact the entire game could just aswell be resolved with a random generator.

The
ONLY
way to increase the town's chances of winning above what could be expected by a group of monkeys in front of a keyboard, is to be "productive". Therefor anyone who deliberately doesn't contribute anything to the discussion, is hurting the town.

When it comes to the posting restriction theory, this is after all an overly generic mafia game, as the mod put it. Posting restrictions are highly unlikely. So if Fritzler is protown a little pressure on him to make him contribute something is in the town's interest. If he doesn't, I see nothing wrong with pushing for a roleclaim, later.

-----

I wondered a few days ago how it is possible for Fritzler to have posted almost 9 posts per day if he doesn't spend half his day on this site, but if the average length of his posts is anywhere near as short as it has been in this game it suddenly makes sense.

And congratulations on post 83, Fritzler. For having written your longest post so far in the game.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:36 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

StrykkerVerde wrote:I don't like how LyingBrian just showed up, explained how he knew he was lurking and that he hoped nobody would notice? That doesn't seem like a very helpful way to contribute.
To me this is a classic Straw Man technique.
StrykkerVerde wrote:I used the wrong words.

Sorry.
You obviously didn't just use the wrong words, since your argument was entirely based on your choice of words and not on what LB actually did. If you had used the correct words, your argument would be pointless.

Unvote

Vote: StrykkerVerde

StrykkerVerde wrote:You know, we could just lynch Don Gaetano and see if my random guessing was right.
Let me see if I get this right. First you make an argument against one player then in the same post you advocate that the town should random lynch me instead? Why would you argue that one person is suspicious, then lobby for the lynching of another based on, as you put it "random guessing"? To me that's also highly suspicious, unless that was another of your highly successful jokes, that is.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:40 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

unvote

I buy Strykker's claim, and it's easy to prove. I think we can let Strykker choose whoever he wants tonight. Since there will be more nights in this game, any lies or deception from Strykker's side will become obvious eventually.

The only danger is really if he's scum with the ability he claimed, but I find that unlikely.

-----

I vote for
replace: Darquiel
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:22 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

Bah! The discussion has died down completely in this game after Strykker claimed. I realise there's not really anything to go by anymore, but we have to do something. So I'll
Random Vote: Sineish

and
FOS: StrykkerVerde
for claiming a believable role and putting the town back to square one :D
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:49 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

This thread has really stagnated. It's probably as bad as it is because of christmas, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I'm gonna
Unvote
and
Vote: Twomz

There's not a good case against him, but there's not a good case against anyone right now, and we have to do something considering Dranko's statement.

-----

And as a side note I would like to send a premature Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, except if you make it look like a Coca Cola commercial, because then I'll
Vote: Moronic Plebeian Capitalist Consumer
. You know who you are... and we all know where you live.

and
FOS: Anyone who celebrates Kwanzaa

-----

Unvote
Vote: Twomz
. Just in case Dranko is picky.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:29 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

Just checking in to say I'm here. I don't really have anything meaningful to add right now though. I'll post back again soon
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:32 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

For some reason, I'm getting scummy vibes from MineralX, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I'll re-read the thread.

Vote: VitaminR
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:57 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

Well, I can't find anything substantial against ProteinZ, so I guess it's just a gut feeling, but since everything else out there seems semi-random at best, I'll follow my gut feeling and keep my vote where it is.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:46 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

Good point logicticus.

[/b]Unvote

Vote: armlx
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:47 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

Damn, That should be:

Good point logicticus.

Unvote

Vote: armlx
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:59 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

I understand exactly what Falcone is talking about, and that makes me pretty confident that both him and armlx are pro-town, but not certain.

I'll
unvote
and leave it at that for now.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:44 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

Falcone, remember you can always ask me to explain what I understood, if you ever feel I'm more suspicious than anyone else. I think I can even explain it in a way that not only confirms I understood exactly what you were talking about, but that would clear me (atleast in your eyes).

The fact that I said I understood what Falcone was talking about doesn't make me more likely to be pro-town at all. Because as several other people have pointed out, I could've just jumped on the wagon to look innocent when I noticed Falcone's post.

-----

When that's said...

Not random
Vote: VitaminR

He's scum lynch him....

...just kidding :twisted:

I'm going back to listening to my gut feeling. It's not like there's anything better to go by right now.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:50 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

Just posting to say I'm here. I've tried to think of something productive to post all day, but I just don't
get
this game today, and I don't think I'm the only one. I'm standing by my vote for progesteronZ since there doesn't seem to be anything better to go by out there.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:11 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

OK, I didn't want to do this because I'm not certain about my own sanity, but since this game has stagnated, and I have no ideas of my own, I will go ahead and say it.

I'm the Journalist. I was allowed to follow VitaminR (I did not get to choose my target) last night, and I found out that VitaminR is certainly guilty.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:08 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

You're claiming a cop variant.
Sort of, I didn't know what my ability was before last night. (the reason why I believe armlx's claim)
You don't get to choose who you investigate.
Nope, apparently my gut feeling chooses
What do you mean by "follow"?
I was told I followed VitaminR around all night, and based on what I observed I found out that he was certainly guilty.

-----
You say were allowed to follow me without choosing your target? Do you think the mod (or whatever caused this) would hand you scum on a plate?
I assume the choice of target is either influenced by something in the game, either day activity or the choices some other people make, or completely random. I don't think Dranko wants to decide whether I target scum or not, so that's the wrong question.
Also, if you really there's a chance that I'm scum, what's with the vague gut feeling votes? Don't you think scum would be able to see through that? In that case, you would be giving scum information and leaving us ignorant.
I know, but the only thing I can say is that I was stupid. I didn't think it through. So afterwards I just wanted to make it look like random nonsense as much as possible.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:33 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

Falcone wrote:Who did you follow on the first night? And what exactly is the reason you believe armlx' claim?
I didn't follow anyone the first night, atleast as far as I know.

The reason I believed armlx is because I wasn't told anything about my role except that I was the journalist and that I had no abilities, but that that might change. It sounded very similar to what armlx said.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #23) » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:49 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

I have no idea if it's a one-off thing.

I wasn't even told I had the ability before I suddenly followed you last night.

I actually think we shouldn't lynch VitaminR today, let's wait and see what happens tonight. If I die, atleast you know a dead "cop" had a guilty result on VitaminR. If I live, hopefully I will get a new investigation.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #24) » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:09 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

Unvote

Vote: Chamber
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:55 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

I did not get an investigation tonight. I don't think we have any other options than to lynch VitaminD, but let's get some conversation going first.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:16 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

Sotty7 wrote:Well, looking back now Don said he believed Armlx
Don Gaetano wrote:The reason I believed armlx is because I wasn't told anything about my role except that I was the journalist and that I had no abilities, but that that might change. It sounded very similar to what armlx said.

So maybe killing Edion isn't the best idea today if his role can turn into something like Don's.
That might be true, but I do find it strange that Edion would leave that piece of information out of his claim though, maybe armlx was just lucky and made his claim sound genuine to me, without even realizing it.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”