Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Mafia 113: Mafia in Mendo ~ Game Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Ythill »

Mafia in Mendo

In 2006, the Oregon State Police annual report on organized crime recognized a new threat. Though it's well known that domestic marijuana production has been rampant in northern California for a long time, recent evidence has suggested that one of the more violent Mexican drug cartels has been recruiting growers in the area. Authorities in California have been struggling to rid themselves of this menace but the citizens of Mendocino and Humbolt counties, where their most lucrative cash crop is illegal, don't cooperate with law enforcement and so efforts have failed miserably. Some have postulated that the only way to keep the Mexican Mafia out of northern California is for the growers themselves to take action. The time for that solution has come...

• Still Growing Weed

• chnorek
    greenindirt

• Chronopie
    sirdanilot

• dramonic
  • boberz
  • Nicodemus
  • MehPlusRawr
  • CryMeARiver
    horrordude0215
  • Burnt Out (not faded away)

• danakillsu ~
    Vanilla Townie, lynched D1

• Furolow ~
    Vanilla Townie, shot N1

• The Fonz ~
    Town Jailkeeper, shot N1

• Deer ~
    Town Tracker, poisoned N1/D2

• Damon_Gant ~
    Vanilla Townie, lynched D2

• bv310 ~
    Mafia Watcher, shot N2

• HackerHuck ~
    Vanilla Townie, shot N2

• Diacria ~
    Vanilla Townie, poisoned D2

• CCARaven4 ~
    Vanilla Townie, lynched D2

• Jack ~
    Town Gunsmith, shot N3

• RichardGHP ~
    Vanilla Townie, shot N3
  • The Consensus

[*]4 ~ dramonic (chnorek, MehPlusRawr, CryMeARiver, Nicodemus)

• 2 ~ chnorek (dramonic, Chronopie)
  • Not Voting: boberz
  • Gardening Tips

• If I get too stoned to post (or whatever) PM ani for assistance.
  • Game over!
    Mafia
    wins!
Disclaimer:
Drugs are bad, m’kay. This game contains references that may glamorize the production, sale, and use of illegal intoxicants without fairly portraying the risks. If you are considering becoming involved in such things, please perform the research necessary to make an informed decision. If you are a minor, that research should include a frank discussion with your parents.
Last edited by Ythill on Thu May 13, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 87 times in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Ythill »

Mafia in Mendo Rules

1. General Rules

2. The following rules are not open to negotiation. They will be enforced with replacement, modkill, or rampant belittling in front of your friends as deemed appropriate by the mod. All moderator rulings are final. Whining will get you nowhere.
  3. These rules will be used for all games that I moderate. If you believe that the rules have given you a clue about the set-up, you are on drugs.
  4. This game is meant to be fun for all involved. Don’t be an asshole. That said, this is also a game about arguing. So don’t be overly sensitive. I will not intervene in disagreements unless I am asked to.
  5. Don’t second guess the mod. If I have not explicitly stated that something is true, then it is not guaranteed.
  6. I am not perfect. If I have made a mistake, let me know. Pointing out a vote count error or something of the sort is not considered whining (see above).
  7. Do not talk about this game outside of the thread unless your role PM says otherwise (and then only at night). If another player contacts you about this game outside the thread, you must report them to me immediately by PM or you are guilty of breaking this rule.
  8. If your role PM contradicts any of these rules, the PM takes precedence. Rules delivered by role PM are as non-negotiable as those given here.
  9. All player actions will be adjudicated according to the NAR.
  10. This is a
    normal
    game. Any flavor included in role PMs is alignment-neutral and provided for your enjoyment only. At a player’s request, I will provide original PM flavor for any role he wishes to claim. Vanilla Townie PMs are all identical and have been provided below.
  1. Role Death and Win Conditions

2. Once you’re dead, stop posting. Please refrain from making “bah” posts although players killed by lynch may post during twilight.
  3. No player may replace back into the game after dying.
  4. The mafia faction(s) will win the game when they start the day comprising a majority of the living players or nothing can prevent the same.
  5. The town will win the game when all threats have been eliminated.
  6. No member of the town needs to be alive to win. If any combination of opposing mafias and vigilantes cross-kill in a way that ends the game with no living players, the town wins.
  7. If a Serial Killer submits a kill in an endgame during which cross-kills eliminate all players, he survives and wins the game.
  8. There are no ties. If a two-man endgame results in a tie due to the logical interaction of power roles, the winner is determined as follows: if one is a killer and one is self-protecting or immune to the kill, the killer wins; if one is a killer and the other is a blocker, the blocker wins; if both are blockers but one has the option of killing, the killer wins; if both are blockers with the option of killing, both die and the town wins.
  9. Third-party win conditions may alter the above rules (ex: Lovers). If a third-party win or loss occurs before the natural endgame (ex: Lyncher) the player(s) will be removed from the game and play will continue until a faction winner is determined.
  1. Timeline and Deadlines

2. Day refers to the period when the thread is unlocked. Each day will continue until deadline or until a majority vote indicates a lynch. All living players may post in the thread during Day.
  3. Twilight refers to the time between the final vote that indicates a lynch and the time when I lock the thread. All living players may post in the thread during twilight. The person lynched may make “final words” posts during Twilight. These posts are not required to be content neutral.
  4. Night refers to any time when the thread is locked. Players authorized (in their role PMs) to communicate with one another outside the thread may only do so at night. To be counted, all night actions must be sent during night.
  5. The first three day phases will each have an automatic deadline of three weeks. Subsequent days will each have an automatic deadline of two weeks. If a majority does not decide on a lynch by the deadline, no lynch will occur.
  6. Each night will have a deadline of 72 hours. If a night choice is not sent in by the deadline, the related action will not occur.
  7. Deadlines are not negotiable. There will be no extensions. Period.
  1. Activity Levels, Prods, and Replacements

2. You signed up to play this game. Your presence is a requirement. Lurking is not a viable strategy.
  3. Every player is
    expected
    to post daily. Every player is
    required
    to post at least once every 72 hours, except in a case where notice is given (see below).
  4. If you foresee that you will be absent from the game for a period of more than 72 hours, please post a note saying as much in the thread. To be considered valid, this note must include your expected date of return. If the term of your absence is unreasonable, you will be replaced immediately.
  5. Players who fail to post in a 72 hour period without giving notice will qualify for a prod. Prods will be sent at the request of any other player and
    may
    be sent independently by the mod.
  6. Any player who fails to pick up a prod and/or post in the game within an additional 24 hours will be replaced immediately. Any player who requires more than one prod during any day phase will be replaced when he qualifies for the second prod. Any player who requires more than two prods overall will be replaced when he qualifies for the third.
  7. Rule removed.

8. Players replaced or mod-killed due to inactivity will be blacklisted from my games in the future (case-by-case exceptions may be granted in extreme circumstances).
  1. Voting and Lynches

2. Unless his role PM states otherwise, any player may vote during the day phase. The purpose of the vote is to determine who is to be lynched. You may vote for any player, including yourself. You may also vote for “no lynch.”
  3. To be counted, votes must be posted in bold and conform to the following format:
    vote: player’s name
    (punctuation/spacing optional). Votes placed inside block quotes will not be counted. Votes posted with special formatting other than bold (such as color tags or area tags) will not be counted.
  4. Unless his role PM states otherwise, each player may vote for only one player (or no lynch) at a time.
  5. You may unvote at any time. To do so, post:
    unvote
    . It is not required that you unvote before changing your vote to another player but it is appreciated.
  6. Votes with misspelled or abbreviated names will be counted, so long as I can determine (without a doubt) whom the vote refers to.
  7. If, at any time, the vote results in a majority, a lynch will occur. The game will move immediately to twilight. After majority has been reached, no amount of unvoting will prevent the lynch. For the purposes of this game, “majority” means
    more than one half of the living players
    . For example, seven living players requires a majority of four to lynch. Six living players also requires a majority of four.
  8. If twilight occurs because of a deadline, there will be no lynch. Votes made during twilight will not be counted.
  9. Votes will be counted routinely and as requested. Vote counts will also include information on the deadline and how many votes are required to lynch.
  10. Everyone will be treated as if he unvoted at the beginning of each day and upon replacement.
  1. Post Guidelines

2. Post in English. Posting in code is not allowed.
  3. You may use special formatting as you see fit, except that spoiler tags and invisible text are not allowed. Also, don’t use special formatting in a way that impersonates the mod.
  4. If you are posting a prod request or other note addressed to me, please do so in bold. This is more of a guideline than a rule. If you ignore it and I miss your note, it’s your fault.
  5. Do not quote (or pretend to quote) moderator PMs in any format, though you may paraphrase them. Do not discuss the exact wording or time stamps of PMs.
  6. Do not edit or delete your posts in this thread.
Sample PM
Vanilla Townie

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings, and a vote. Living or dead, you win the game when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.
Last edited by Ythill on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Ythill »

Welcome to the game. If you want to, you can post here during the confirmation phase. No votes placed before the opening flavor will be counted. About half the players have already confirmed.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:31 am

Post by Ythill »

It was Spanglish enough to get by the censors. :)

Only three more people need to confirm.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Ythill »

Hey kids, good to see people are eager to play. Three people have still not confirmed and I suspect the weekend may be to blame. In response, I'm going to start the game now but I will figure the first deadline and the prod timers for those three players as if I'd started the game tomorrow.

Opening flavor coming up...
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #56 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Ythill »

Criminal
is a relative term. The rapist does more harm than the mugger; the kidnapper is more deplorable than the shoplifter. Embezzlement swipes a nugget from the many; petty theft, a pittance from the few. Some criminals harm only themselves; some, through acts of civil disobedience, arguably do less harm than good. But you are no John Brown, and this isn’t Harper’s Ferry. It’s Mendocino, California and you are a drug dealer.

Capitalism and prohibition have combined forces to make a common weed more valuable than gold. Music, media, and the allure of taboo have made it more popular than Coca-Cola. Kesey, Hoffman, and the generation that joined them created a nationwide counter-culture so turned on to the stuff that they use it as currency. The climate is perfect. You don’t even need a Capone-style cartel to protect your interests: just some loyal friends, an honest face, and a budget for bribes. Though you are technically a criminal, you’re really just a shrewd businessman who’s not afraid of risk. At least that’s what you keep telling yourself as you negotiate forested hairpins, climbing into the coastal range on your way to the meeting.

For decades, ever since DEA helicopters forced operations indoors, the major producers of northern California have worked together in a loosely confederated alliance. Territories and claims have been negotiated, blacklisted middlemen and undercover watch-lists shared. The game has been kept peaceful despite the high stakes. These people are more like your family than competitors. Your rare meetings are usually jovial but there are a few rules. Three to be exact: don’t snitch, don’t rip another heavy’s crop, and never, ever deal with the mafia. Simple, right? Apparently not.

You wind it out in second to top the last hill. Through the cloak of close-knit trees and morning fog, the ivied walls are almost invisible. The gate is plain; there’s no fancy electronic security lock, it simply opens as you approach, as if by intuition. You trundle in and through a typical vineyard, past trellised grapes and the long veranda of the manor, around back to where several other expensive cars are parked in a wide gravel cul-de-sac. Behind them are a cluster of prefab warehouses connected by wires and CO2 lines to a central hub. It’s all very high-tech compared to the rest of the place. The hum of the transformer is an eerie drone behind birdsong. The front door of the nearest warehouse stands open. After parking, you stroll in.

There’s no crop, just empty hydro trays in rows like library shelves. The entryway is clear and large enough to comfortably contain a boardroom-sized table. Around it, in the long shadows of the open bay, sit several of your peers. A few more are at the sidebar, helping themselves to coffee and bagels. Despite the tension, you chuckle. Greetings are exchanged. Pleasant, if guarded, conversations begin. Slowly the stragglers shuffle in and, once most of the eighteen seats are accounted for, the host pushes a button to close the bay door. Its mechanical groan silences the crowd as its descent shuts out the sun. When it finally crashes down on the pavement, its baritone thud echoes in the hollow chamber like a funeral knell. Florescent lamps flicker above your heads.

“I think we all know why we’re here,” one of you says.

“Yeah, Berkley man,” another adds. “Who the hell takes five?”

“Exactly. Nobody takes five.”

Piecemeal around bites of bagel and the morning toke, the story comes out. It started with the bust. Two days ago, the California Highway Patrol stopped and searched a U-Haul truck containing three-hundred kilos of domestic crop southbound on I-5. No local smuggler in his right mind would choose that route. There’s no market south of the Grand Canyon, and the safest route to the lucrative Midwest is to the north. Unless he was driving through a handful of zero-tolerance border states for the thrill of it, the runner and his cargo were bound for the Mexican market. Lucrative calls were made across the blue-line: the leads also suggested mafia involvement. Two trusted and capable men, Jimmy and Willow, were sent to follow up. Last night, Willow phoned in a report: mafia confirmed, Mexican this time. He was frantic and panting, raving about Jimmy being shot. Then, before his pursuer was identified, he was interrupted by a burst of gunfire. Which is why you’re all sipping coffee at the vineyard this morning instead of tending to your harvests.

At least one of you has been doing business with the Mexican mafia. Judging by the size of the bust, it’s more than one. Now, already, the feds have a potential snitch in their hands. Now, already, some of your best friends are dead. It was the same way with the Sicilians in ’84 and it’s only going to get worse. The time has come to end this war before it begins: figure out who’s gone rogue and get rid of them for good.

“No use rehashing a story we all heard,” one of you says once the facts are clear. “Let’s get this over with…”

Day one begins!

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. The deadline is April 19, 13:00 PDT (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #69 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 1 ~ boberz (sirdanilot)
  • 1 ~ Diacria (The Fonz)
  • 1 ~ dramonic (Diacria)
  • 1 ~ HackerHuck (bv310)
  • Not Voting: greenindirt; CCARaven4; dramonic; boberz; Nicodemus; Furcolow; danakillsu; MehPlusRawr; HackerHuck; Damon_Gant; horrordude0215; Deer; Jack; RichardGHP
  • Gardening Tips

• If I get abducted by aliens or something, PM ani for assistance.
  • With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. The deadline is April 19, 13:00 PDT (GMT-7).
Heads up:
activity rule #6, which is new, is currently being debated in MD. I may change it and will let y'all know if I do. If you take part in that debate, please refrain from referencing this game.
boberz wrote:I will vote
Deer
for...
This is not a vote and will not be counted. Please refer to Voting and Lynches, #2.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #107 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Ythill »

The rules have been edited.

The debate in MD has convinced me that mod-killing for inactivity, even conditionally, is not a good idea. I'm removing the rule in question. Sorry to not have worked this out before the game started.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #110 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 4 ~ Deer (boberz, The Fonz, Jack, Diacria)
  • 2 ~ sirdanilot (horrordude0215, Furcolow)
  • 1 ~ boberz (sirdanilot)
  • 1 ~ HackerHuck (bv310)
  • 1 ~ bv310 (Nicodemus)
  • 1 ~ Jack (Deer)
  • Not Voting: greenindirt, CCARaven4, dramonic, danakillsu, MehPlusRawr, HackerHuck, Damon_Gant, RichardGHP
  • Gardening Tips

• With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. The deadline is April 19, 13:00 PDT (GMT-7).
Last edited by Ythill on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #120 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Ythill »

danakillsu wrote:I'm here, but circumstances out of my control will keep me from posting again until the 8th. See you then, hopefully.
After consideration, I'm allowing this 10-day V/LA without replacement. However, since it is close to half of D1, I will be prodding dana if he does not post on April 8 and he will therefore be replaced if he does not post or respond by April 9.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #147 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 2 ~ Deer (boberz, Diacria)
  • 2 ~ Furcolow (The Fonz, horrordude0215)
  • 2 ~ sirdanilot (Furcolow, Jack)
  • 1 ~ HackerHuck (bv310)
  • 1 ~ bv310 (Nicodemus)
  • 1 ~ Jack (sirdanilot)
  • 1 ~ Nicodemus (RichardGHP)
  • 1 ~ boberz (Deer)
  • Not Voting: greenindirt, CCARaven4, dramonic, danakillsu, MehPlusRawr, HackerHuck, Damon_Gant
  • Gardening Tips

• Danakillsu will be V/LA until April 8.
Last edited by Ythill on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #202 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Ythill »

CCARaven4 has been prodded.
If he does not post or respond within 24 hours he will be replaced. Two other players will qualify for prods this afternoon. This is where I get to remind everyone that I am
very
strict about enforcing the activity rules. If you have not read them, please do. And thanks to everyone who is posting regularly!

• The Consensus

• 4 ~ Furcolow (The Fonz, horrordude0215, greenindirt, dramonic)
  • 2 ~ sirdanilot (Jack, MehPlusRawr)
  • 1 ~ Deer (boberz)
  • 1 ~ HackerHuck (bv310)
  • 1 ~ bv310 (Nicodemus)
  • 1 ~ Jack (sirdanilot)
  • 1 ~ boberz (Deer)
  • 1 ~ MehPlusRawr (RichardGHP)
  • 1 ~ CCARaven4 (Furcolow)
  • 1 ~ dramonic (Diacria)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, danakillsu, HackerHuck, Damon_Gant
  • Gardening Tips

• D1 Prod Count: CCARaven4 (1).
Last edited by Ythill on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #295 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 4 ~ Furcolow (horrordude0215, greenindirt, dramonic, bv310)
  • 3 ~ bv310 (Deer, Nicodemus, Diacria)
  • 2 ~ sirdanilot (Jack, MehPlusRawr)
  • 1 ~ Jack (sirdanilot)
  • 1 ~ MehPlusRawr (RichardGHP)
  • 1 ~ The Fonz (Furcolow)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, danakillsu, HackerHuck, Damon_Gant, The Fonz, boberz
  • Gardening Tips

Last edited by Ythill on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #342 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 3 ~ bv310 (Deer, Nicodemus, Diacria)
  • 3 ~ Furcolow (horrordude0215, dramonic, bv310)
  • 2 ~ MehPlusRawr (RichardGHP, greenindirt)
  • 1 ~ sirdanilot (MehPlusRawr)
  • 1 ~ Jack (sirdanilot)
  • 1 ~ Deer (Jack)
  • 1 ~ CCARaven4 (boberz)
  • 1 ~ Damon_Gant (Furcolow)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, danakillsu, HackerHuck, Damon_Gant, The Fonz
  • Gardening Tips

Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #358 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 3 ~ Deer (Jack, Diacria, Furcolow)
  • 2 ~ Furcolow (horrordude0215, dramonic)
  • 2 ~ bv310 (Deer, Nicodemus)
  • 2 ~ MehPlusRawr (RichardGHP, greenindirt)
  • 1 ~ Jack (sirdanilot)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, danakillsu, HackerHuck, Damon_Gant, The Fonz, boberz
  • Gardening Tips

Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #371 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by Ythill »

CryMeARiver replaces horrordude0215.

I'm not going to bother with a vote count since there's already one on this page. I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend.
Last edited by Ythill on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #387 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 6 ~ MehPlusRawr (RichardGHP, greenindirt, The Fonz, sirdanilot, Diacria, Jack)
  • 2 ~ boberz (Furcolow, HackerHuck)
  • 2 ~ bv310 (Deer, Nicodemus)
  • 1 ~ Furcolow (dramonic)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, danakillsu, Damon_Gant, boberz, bv310 CryMeARiver
  • Gardening Tips

• CCARaven4 will be V/LA until April 13.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #432 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Ythill »

I'm getting real tired of people referencing ongoing games. Today I was going to check activity levels and send out prods but now I have to spend my valuable time editing posts and PMing the mod from a game I'm not involved with. Consider this a dire warning to both dana and Deer. If you are incapable of determining whether a game is ongoing, then don't discuss or link to other games at all. Grumble.

• The Consensus

• 5 ~ MehPlusRawr (RichardGHP, greenindirt, sirdanilot, Diacria, boberz)
  • 2 ~ sirdanilot (MehPlusRawr, Furcolow)
  • 2 ~ Deer (Jack, The Fonz)
  • 1 ~ boberz (HackerHuck)
  • 1 ~ bv310 (danakillsu)
  • 1 ~ dramonic (Nicodemus)
  • 1 ~ HackerHuck (Deer)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, Damon_Gant, bv310 CryMeARiver, dramonic
  • Gardening Tips

Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #444 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:38 am

Post by Ythill »

I have PMed the mod from the game in question and created a copy of all the removed posts. He and I will be discussing whether further action needs to be taken, such as reporting this transgression of site rules to the list mods. If anyone involved is banned or suspended from this site in a way that removes them from the game, that player will be replaced (not modkilled).

I think I'm done ranting about this. Thanks for getting right back to the game. I hope this didn't ruin anyone's enjoyment. If you have a concern, feel free to PM me about it.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #476 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Ythill »

I'd like to let everyone know that the "ongoing game" issue has been resolved and closed.

• The Consensus

• 6 ~ Deer (Jack, The Fonz, Furcolow, greenindirt, bv310, MehPlusRawr)
  • 5 ~ MehPlusRawr (RichardGHP, sirdanilot, Diacria, boberz, CryMeARiver)
  • 1 ~ boberz (HackerHuck)
  • 1 ~ bv310 (danakillsu)
  • 1 ~ HackerHuck (Deer)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, Damon_Gant, dramonic
  • Gardening Tips

Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #501 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Ythill »

Damon_Gant and dramonic have been prodded.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #532 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 6 ~ Deer (Jack, The Fonz, Furcolow, greenindirt, bv310, MehPlusRawr)
  • 6 ~ MehPlusRawr (RichardGHP, sirdanilot, Diacria, boberz, CryMeARiver, HackerHuck)
  • 1 ~ bv310 (danakillsu)
  • 1 ~ HackerHuck (Deer)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, Damon_Gant, dramonic
  • Gardening Tips

• D1 Prod Count: CCARaven4 (1), Damon_Gant (1), dramonic (1).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #560 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 7 ~ Deer (Jack, The Fonz, greenindirt, bv310, MehPlusRawr, boberz, dramonic)
  • 7 ~ MehPlusRawr (RichardGHP, sirdanilot, Diacria, CryMeARiver, HackerHuck, Furcolow, Deer)
  • 1 ~ bv310 (danakillsu)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, Damon_Gant
  • Gardening Tips

Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #594 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 8 ~ Deer (Jack, greenindirt, bv310, MehPlusRawr, boberz, dramonic, Diacria, Furcolow)
  • 4 ~ MehPlusRawr (sirdanilot, CryMeARiver, HackerHuck, Deer)
  • 1 ~ bv310 (danakillsu)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, Damon_Gant, The Fonz, RichardGHP
  • Gardening Tips

Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #632 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Ythill »

A quick reminder, deadline is now less than a week away.

• The Consensus

• 5 ~ Deer (greenindirt, bv310, MehPlusRawr, dramonic, Nicodemus)
  • 3 ~ MehPlusRawr (sirdanilot, HackerHuck, Deer)
  • 2 ~ sirdanilot (Jack, Damon_Gant)
  • 1 ~ dramonic (Diacria)
  • 1 ~ bv310 (danakillsu)
  • 1 ~ Furcolow (boberz)
  • 1 ~ boberz (CryMeARiver)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, The Fonz, RichardGHP, Furcolow
  • Gardening Tips

Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #662 (isolation #25) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by Ythill »

CCARaven4, said he would be back today. He will qualify for a second prod (and therefore auto-replacement) if he doesn't post by tomorrow evening.

• The Consensus

• 5 ~ Deer (greenindirt, bv310, MehPlusRawr, dramonic, Nicodemus)
  • 3 ~ MehPlusRawr (sirdanilot, HackerHuck, Deer)
  • 2 ~ sirdanilot (Jack, Damon_Gant)
  • 2 ~ dramonic (Diacria, Furcolow)
  • 1 ~ bv310 (danakillsu)
  • 1 ~ Furcolow (boberz)
  • 1 ~ boberz (CryMeARiver)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, The Fonz, RichardGHP
  • Gardening Tips

Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #714 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 3 ~ Deer (greenindirt, bv310, dramonic)
  • 3 ~ MehPlusRawr (sirdanilot, Deer, RichardGHP)
  • 3 ~ danakillsu (Jack, CryMeARiver, Furcolow)
  • 2 ~ Furcolow (boberz, danakillsu)
  • 1 ~ dramonic (Diacria)
  • 1 ~ sirdanilot (Damon_Gant)
  • 1 ~ Diacria (HackerHuck)
  • 1 ~ Nicodemus (The Fonz)
  • 1 ~ CryMeARiver (MehPlusRawr)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4, Nicodemus
  • Gardening Tips

Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #742 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Ythill »

That's a confirmed lynch.
I will post the flavor and reveal ASAP and send a mass PM once I have done so. Until then, it is still twilight. All players may post here and night talk is still forbidden.

• The Consensus

[*]10 ~ danakillsu (Jack, CryMeARiver, Furcolow, The Fonz, HackerHuck, MehPlusRawr, RichardGHP, dramonic, Deer, Nicodemus)

• 2 ~ Deer (greenindirt, bv310)
  • 2 ~ Furcolow (boberz, danakillsu)
  • 1 ~ MehPlusRawr (sirdanilot)
  • 1 ~ dramonic (Diacria)
  • Not Voting: CCARaven4
  • Gardening Tips

• Overall Prod Count: CCARaven4 (1), Damon_Gant (1), dramonic (1).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #749 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:57 pm

Post by Ythill »

“No use rehashing a story we all heard,” one of you says once the facts are clear. “Let’s get this over with…”

It’s not that easy. Anarchist collectives are renown for their long-windedness in reaching decisions. This one, comprised of eighteen capable criminal minds and faced with a puzzle more rife with intrigue than any of its generation, deliberates even more carefully. Before breakfast is cleared, you are already paradoxically disagreeing about the manner by which you should come to an agreement and, though many sign on to a proposed social contract, not even that preliminary matter reaches consensus.

At least the food is good. An impressive lunch is spread out on the sideboard by the chef’s entourage, who find you hotly arguing hunches and conspiracy theories through thick clouds of blue smoke. Supper is served at the table in three courses. Over them, the conversation becomes more convoluted. The simple talk of suspicion has segued to that of individuals' relative importance to the alliance, which of course has started various digressions about the wisdom of sharing such sensitive information with traitors in the room. It’s a frustrating mess and weariness is beginning to take its toll. A stack of dossiers is delivered with desert and accompanied by a message: the sheriff has arrived. Nobody enjoys the pie.

The tension’s reached a breaking point. Dana springs up, red eyes ablaze with frustration. “Fuck it. Fuck this.” His dreadlocks bob as he stomps over to the pile and fishes out his folder. He waggles it like a finger. “We’ve been here all day and what have we accomplished. Nothing! And now we’re talking about who’s more valuable? More
valuable
? You sound like a bunch of fat cats, just forgot to wear your ties!” He tosses the dossier into the center of the table where it falls open, belching documents: photographs and affidavits, evidence purchased over the years from dirty prosecutors and cops, enough to send Dana to prison for the rest of his life. “I’m not a fucking super-hero,” he rants. “I’m no more valuable than the rest of you. I just grow pot, and I’ve got a harvest to tend to. So if you’re going to run me up the river, do it. Whatever. Fuck it. I am so done talking about this.”

Dana quivers there for a moment and then turns to leave, but there’s already a hand on his shoulder. He’s broken the breakfast contract; all eyes are on him. Quickly and steadily the votes roll in. He doesn’t try to run, just hangs his head and weeps quietly as the bay door rolls open.

Sheriff Green is old enough to remember the Sicilians and he’s been on the take longer than some of you have been alive. It is with a heavy heart and downcast eyes that he cuffs Dana and escorts him to the cruiser. “I’m disappointed in you, son,” he says. “I always thought you were a good seed but, as much harm as is about to come your way, it’s nothing compared to the harm you brought the good people of this county.” Dana tearfully professes his innocence, but it is cut off by the closing of the door. The sheriff shakes each of your hands and offers his condolences, then one of you hands him the dossier and, mumbling something about paperwork, he makes an awkward exit.

The dust behind him settles in silence. Eventually, one of you wonders aloud, “Did we do the right thing?”

The answer is bittersweet. “Depends on your point of view.”

Less than an hour later, long before the deputies and their warrants arrive, your runners have already searched Dana’s home and phoned in their report. It was just as he’d claimed, he wasn’t anyone special, just a farmer qua kingpin like most of you. More importantly, he wasn’t in league with the Mexican Mafia.

Danakillsu has been lynched. He was a
Vanilla Townie

Night one begins! The deadline for night actions is April 19, 03:00 PDT (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #750 (isolation #29) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:24 pm

Post by Ythill »

Furcalow’s pad isn’t as remote as the vineyard. You head south past Little River on a two-lane that flirts with the surf, weaving through the low hills like a canyon glider. You’re relieved to have survived the night, but an equal sense of trepidation rides on your shoulders. It turns to icy fear as you pull into the driveway to find that Sheriff Green has already arrived and he isn’t alone.

The villa is set on a wide rise overlooking the ocean. The normally picturesque view is unimpressive behind the stenciled doors of half a dozen cop cars, including an unmarked Explorer with federal plates. You consider turning around but the Sheriff spots you from the veranda and hurries over. His scowl is not comforting. “I’m afraid you won’t be able to meet here today,” he says. “Crime scene.” Seeing the question on your face, he tells you, “Nothing to do with product. Homicide.”

“What are the feds doing here?”

“Looking for links. There were two murders last night: this one and Fonzerelli. Turns out he was a fed, been working undercover here for years. He was DEA, but reported directly to the Justice Department. Word is, his job was to await and prevent mafia involvement.” You’re rendered mute by the news, which is groundbreaking on several levels. Green mistakes your expression for grief and places a comforting hand on your shoulder. “I had Maggie go ahead and reserve a room at the Gardens for your meeting. Been sending everyone that way. You’d better move along now, wouldn’t want to be late.”

He’s right. You head back to town. The scenery is no less panoramic, but you hardly notice it. Mendocino is a tiny berg perched high on a rocky shore. It’s a trendy place with galleries and cafes; the patios of the strip are packed with sun-kissed carousers. You coast slowly through the tourist throng and down a steep hill to the only hotel in town: Sweetwater Gardens. It’s a vast but charming structure sprawling over two manicured acres.

You stroll through the wide front gate into a courtyard that looks like Eden: pristine, colorful, and somehow wild despite the care put into the placement of every blossom. Flanked by colorful paper lamps, long tables stand nestled between imported trees. You walk along a wooden terrace with more tables and a large Jacuzzi that has been custom-crafted to look like a natural pool. Through an enormous window, you see the restaurant interior: richly decorated but, at this hour, entirely empty of appointment. There’s no hostess on duty, but the guy stocking the cabana directs you to one of the larger suites. Inside, fifteen gray metal chairs look out of place among luxurious mahogany furnishings, rich paneling, and a cobbled floor. Most of the apartment is open to the sky. Some of your associates are present, milling around or picking through the breakfast that’s been laid out on the wet bar. One of them is lounging in the hot tub. He flashes you a weary but ironic smile.

“Another day in paradise…”

Furcalow has been shot. He was a
Vanilla Townie
The Fonz has been shot. He was the
town’s Jailkeeper

Day two begins!

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The deadline is May 10, 13:00 PDT (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #788 (isolation #30) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 6 ~ Damon_Gant (bv310, Diacria, Deer, Jack, CryMeARiver, Nicodemus)
  • 1 ~ Jack (sirdanilot)
  • Not Voting: greenindirt, CCARaven4, dramonic, boberz, MehPlusRawr, HackerHuck, RichardGHP
  • Gardening Tips

• With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The deadline is May 10, 13:00 PDT (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #792 (isolation #31) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:36 am

Post by Ythill »

Happy 4-20, potheads!
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #826 (isolation #32) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Ythill »

Confirmed lynch.
Sorry about the long twilight. I'll get flavor and reveal up very soon.

• The Consensus

[*]8 ~ Damon_Gant (bv310, Diacria, Deer, Jack, CryMeARiver, Nicodemus, sirdanilot, MehPlusRawr)

• Not Voting: greenindirt, CCARaven4, dramonic, boberz, HackerHuck, RichardGHP
  • Gardening Tips

• With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The deadline is May 10, 13:00 PDT (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #828 (isolation #33) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Ythill »

“Another day in paradise…”

“I don’t think this’ll take that long,” answers Deer from beneath his gray bangs. He’s an old timer who grew up in the woods of Mendocino and forged his resolve in Vietnam. You’ve all seen the purple heart and the scar that goes with it. When he tells you about tracking the insomniac to Fonzerelli’s, the tale is as crisply detailed as any of his old war stories. Long-windedness, old age, and Phillip Morris have given him a perpetually dry throat. He punctuates the yarn with sips of pomegranate juice. Its strange, acidic aftertaste goes unnoticed.

The veteran’s words are followed by a confessional from the insomniac, who stands by his innocence and points the finger of blame at the Kansas City import, Mr. Damn Gant. Though he’s been around for years, Gant has never quite fit in with the rest of you and doesn’t seem surprised at the accusation, calmly insisting that he slept fitfully in his own bed last night. There is little doubt and less discussion about the course of action that needs to be taken. Once enough of you have voted, even Mr. Gant agrees with the reasoning. He calls the Sheriff himself and waits calmly by the door for him to arrive.

The wait is long but comfortable. A few of you discuss the days to come but most simply enjoy the luxury: smoking heartily while soaking in the tub, lounging in the sauna, and drinking bourbon from the wet bar. Deer is among those celebrating but, suddenly, he stands stiffly and exclaims, “Something isn’t right.” He coughs once, clutching at his throat, and then falls clamorously through the folding chairs, landing face-down on the tiles. There isn’t a mark on him, but he is very dead.

“Damn,” Sheriff Green says when he arrives. “I’ll have to get depositions from all of you and I don’t see how I can make them disappear this time. This is going to make a mess of things.”

“No it isn’t,” Gant replies, thumbing through the folder of evidence that will damn him. “I’m going to spend the rest of my life in prison anyway. I’ll confess to killing Deer, even though I didn’t do it, so these boys can get on with what they need to do.”

“You’d do that for them?”

“Of course I would, Sheriff. If they can’t stop the Mafia, then my sacrifice is for nothing.” With that, Gant stretches out his wrists to be cuffed. The Sheriff’s eyes are damp. He isn’t the only one who already realizes you’ve made another mistake. A few hours later, your runners find evidence that confirms it. Damon Gant has been approached by the cartel several times, but he's remained loyal.

Deer has been poisoned. He was the
town’s Tracker
Damon_Gant has been lynched. He was a
Vanilla Townie

Night two begins! The deadline for night actions is April 23, 16:30 PDT (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #829 (isolation #34) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Ythill »

Though it’s not one of the three rules, there’s an understanding among alliance members that it’s impolite to call before nine in the morning. When the phone rings at five-thirty, it sets off alarm bells in your head the cut effectively through your slumber, banishing nightmare images of Deer’s glazed, troubled eyes. Sheriff Green sounds as gruff and sleepy as you feel.

“Hey partner, sorry to wake you, but I figured you’d want to hear the news right away. We found two more bodies this morning. The good news is… well… I think you need to come down and see for yourself.”

Four hours later you are sitting stiffly in a high-backed chair, scanning the faces of your peers and struggling with a firestorm of internal questions. There are only eleven of you left. By poison and hot lead, you are being whittled down more quickly than anyone expected, and the most gruesome killer appears to be one of the good guys. This is worse than the Sicilians It’s worse than anything you’ve seen.

Today’s meeting is in another grow-room, this time underground and smaller than the last. The heat is stifling and the air, treated carefully before it hisses in through numerous vents, is anything but rich. The two botanists working the rows are wearing respirators but, thankfully, a separate ventilation system and hanging sheets of industrial plastic have created an oxygenated bubble around your group. The crop here is budding, meaning that the sodium-halides burn hotly twelve hours per day, replicating the equinox. Their glow, beyond the translucent flaps, is golden green and as bright as an alien abduction. Those sitting across the table from you are silhouettes.

There is a side-board along the back wall but, in stark contrast to your last two meetings, it stands conspicuously empty. Each person attending has opted to pack his own meals and snacks. Beverages have been brought in sealed bottles and people aren’t sitting far from their lunch boxes.

“That was so sick,” somebody mumbles unnecessarily. A collection of grumbles and nods is the affirmative response.

You couldn’t have said it better. Huck was gunned down in his home last night. While sad, such news was to be expected. BV’s fate was more shocking. He was found on main street this morning, duct-taped high up on a telephone pole. He was naked and, though gunshot wounds were the obvious cause of death, he’d also been castrated. His genitals, the Sheriff told you, were found in his mouth after deputies removed the Mexican flag that had been tied around his head. A message had been carved into his chest:
No mafia in Mendo
. For most of you, it was a victory, but you are hardly elated. The gruesome image has been burned into your memory forever.

One of the growers looks up from the doobie he’s rolling and addresses the group. “Listen. We’re all upset, but we need to put it behind us.”

He passes the medicine to his neighbor, who lights is and tokes deeply before adding, “The only way to stop this is to get rid of them all.”

“And knowing who one of them was will help us narrow it down,” says another of your number through another blue cloud. When your turn comes, the crinkled joint is comforting between your fingers. Pungent smoke fills your lungs and your sense of horror begins to ebb.

“Alright. Let’s nail those bastards before this gets any worse…”

bv310 has been shot. He was a
Mafia Watcher
HackerHuck has been shot. He was a
Vanilla Townie

Day three begins!
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. The deadline is May 14, 19:00 PDT (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #839 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Post by Ythill »

During six of those eight days, the thread was locked. Please understand that D2 was very short. CCARaven4 (and/or anyone else who has not posted) will be eligable for a prod 72 hours after the begining of D3 and, at that time, will have 24 hours to post so as to avoid replacement.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #859 (isolation #36) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 4 ~ Jack (Diacria, dramonic, MehPlusRawr, CryMeARiver)
  • 2 ~ MehPlusRawr (sirdanilot, RichardGHP)
  • 1 ~ CryMeARiver (Jack)
  • Not Voting: greenindirt, CCARaven4, boberz, Nicodemus
  • Gardening Tips

• With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. The deadline is May 14, 19:00 PDT (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #872 (isolation #37) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Ythill »

It will be roughly 23 hours before I send any prods.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #880 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by Ythill »

Greenindirt and Nicodemus have been prodded.

• The Consensus

• 4 ~ Jack (Diacria, dramonic, MehPlusRawr, CryMeARiver)
  • 2 ~ MehPlusRawr (sirdanilot, RichardGHP)
  • 1 ~ CryMeARiver (boberz)
  • Not Voting: greenindirt, CCARaven4, Nicodemus, Jack
  • Gardening Tips

• D3 Prod Count: greenindirt (1), Nicodemus (1)
  • Overall Prod Count: CCARaven4 (1), dramonic (1), greenindirt (1), Nicodemus (1).
  • With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. The deadline is May 14, 19:00 PDT (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #883 (isolation #39) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Ythill »

Sorry sirdan, I should have mentioned that I understood your V/LA notice
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #896 (isolation #40) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:45 pm

Post by Ythill »

Chnorek replaces greenindirt. CCARaven4 has been prodded.

• The Consensus

• 3 ~ MehPlusRawr (sirdanilot, RichardGHP, Jack)
  • 2 ~ Jack (Diacria, dramonic)
  • 1 ~ CCARaven4 (MehPlusRawr)
  • Not Voting: chnorek, CCARaven4, Nicodemus, CryMeARiver
  • Gardening Tips

• D3 Prod Count: Nicodemus (1), CCARaven4 (1).
  • Overall Prod Count: CCARaven4 (2), dramonic (1), Nicodemus (1).
  • Sirdanilot will be V/A until May 1st.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #915 (isolation #41) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 4 ~ MehPlusRawr (sirdanilot, RichardGHP, Jack, CCARaven4)
  • 2 ~ CCARaven4 (MehPlusRawr, Nicodemus)
  • 1 ~ Jack (dramonic)
  • 1 ~ Nicodemus (Diacria)
  • Not Voting: chnorek, CryMeARiver
  • Gardening Tips

• D3 Prod Count: greenindirt (1), Nicodemus (1), CCARaven4 (1).
  • Overall Prod Count: CCARaven4 (2), dramonic (1), greenindirt (1), Nicodemus (1).
  • Sirdanilot will be V/A until May 1. MehPlusRawr will be V/LA until May 2.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #930 (isolation #42) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:47 pm

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 3 ~ MehPlusRawr (sirdanilot, RichardGHP, CCARaven4)
  • 2 ~ CCARaven4 (MehPlusRawr, Nicodemus)
  • 1 ~ Jack (dramonic)
  • 1 ~ RichardGHP (chnorek)
  • Not Voting: CryMeARiver, Jack
  • Gardening Tips

• Overall Prod Count: CCARaven4 (2), dramonic (1), greenindirt (1), Nicodemus (1).
  • Sirdanilot will be V/A until May 1. MehPlusRawr will be V/LA until May 2.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #935 (isolation #43) » Sat May 01, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Ythill »

Chronopie replaces sirdanilot.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #967 (isolation #44) » Mon May 03, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 4 ~ CCARaven4 (MehPlusRawr, Nicodemus, chnorek, CryMeARiver)
  • 3 ~ MehPlusRawr (RichardGHP, CCARaven4, Jack)
  • 1 ~ Jack (dramonic)
  • 1 ~ Diacria (Chronopie)
  • Not Voting:
  • Gardening Tips

Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #980 (isolation #45) » Mon May 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Ythill »

Pro-tip:
if your submit page is loading slowly, don't refresh it. Open the thread in a new tab and most likley you will find that your post has already been submitted.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #995 (isolation #46) » Tue May 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Post by Ythill »

No vote count this morning, sorry.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1005 (isolation #47) » Wed May 05, 2010 8:57 pm

Post by Ythill »

RichardGHP wrote:
Mod: Vote totals please
I apologize. When I made the "no vote count" post I was in a hurry and didn't even skim the thread to see this request.

• The Consensus

• 4 ~ CCARaven4 (MehPlusRawr, Nicodemus, chnorek, CryMeARiver)
  • 3 ~ MehPlusRawr (RichardGHP, CCARaven4, Jack)
  • 1 ~ Jack (dramonic)
  • Not Voting:
  • Gardening Tips

• Boberz will be V/LA until Friday, May 7.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1020 (isolation #48) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Ythill »

That's a confirmed lynch.
I'm a little busy at the moment but will post flavor/reveal as soon as I can.

• The Consensus

[*]6 ~ CCARaven4 (MehPlusRawr, Nicodemus, chnorek, CryMeARiver, dramonic, RichardGHP)

• 2 ~ MehPlusRawr (CCARaven4, Jack)
  • Not Voting:
  • Gardening Tips

• Boberz will be V/LA until Friday, May 7.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1024 (isolation #49) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Ythill »

Yes, it is still twilight. I will lock the thread when I post the reveal.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1043 (isolation #50) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Ythill »

“Alright. Let’s nail those bastards before this gets any worse…”

Those words were spoken by Diacria. He was not alone in his desperation. Today, the eleven living members of the alliance seem more motivated than ever. Of course, some of them must be faking that urgency. It doesn’t take long for people to notice that Raven, who’s seemed detached since this fiasco started, is adding his voice to the discussion only now. For most of you, it’s too little, too late. Others are questioned briefly but several of you insist that Raven’s lack of interest cannot be ignored.

The masked workers, looking more like stormtroopers than hippie botanists, make their exit quietly, pointedly ignoring you. Moments later, the timer bank near the door emits a series of clicks and the room is suddenly plunged into darkness. Fear grips your heart but, just a few long seconds later, fluorescent black-lights flicker to life, bathing the meeting area in an indigo murk that allows you to see but doesn’t effect the plants. This is followed by giddy sighs. Relieved, Diacria flashes a literally glowing smile and takes a long drink from his water bottle. He doesn’t think about the fact that he’d left the cap off, or what might have happened in the momentary darkness. Nor does he taste anything amiss.

The arguments continue in the ghostly light, but not for long. Before tea-time, enough of you have joined the anti-Raven camp that his arrest is a foregone conclusion. Diacria lodges a vote and then excuses himself to go to the restroom upstairs. Shortly thereafter, the decision is made and Sheriff Green, who was already waiting outside, is summoned to take away another of your number. It’s a familiar routine by now. Raven remains silent through the process and doesn’t even look up to say goodbye. To some, this is evidence of his guilt; to others, an indicator that thrifty speech describes his personality, not his loyalty. The door closes behind him and none of you rush to catch it.

You linger. You chatter idly about plans for tomorrow. Before sunrise, more than one of you will probably be killed. Three days ago, the alliance had eighteen members. Right now it’s only… you count the remaining faces and, including yourself, find only nine.

“Shit. Diacria.” Eyes widen with concern. You rush as a group through the door and up the stairs. Later tonight, while you’re lying in bed, you’ll be playing that scene over and over again in your head…
which one of us was just playing along?
Diacra, of course, is found in the shower stall, half covered by the curtain he tried to grasp on his way down. He is dead.

You stare at him dumbly until a reggae ring-tone brings you back to reality. One of you answers your cell and, seconds later, adds another shovel-full to the heap of bad news. Raven’s home has been searched; it has been confirmed that he was loyal to the alliance.

Diacria has been poisoned. He was a
Vanilla Townie
CCARaven has been lynched. He was a
Vanilla Townie

Night two begins! The deadline for night actions is May 9, 19:00 PDT (GMT-7).

Obviously, a twilight extension is not being granted.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1044 (isolation #51) » Sun May 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Ythill »

Last night, Richard was scared. He’d narrowly avoided Raven’s fate but more than one person left the meeting suspicious of him and it was becoming clear that the people overlooked for the sacrificial arrests were destined for a more violent fate. The last time you saw Richard, he was frantic. “I can’t take this anymore,” he said. “I’m going to Jack’s.” The statement seemed harmless enough but, to the members of the alliance, it had a hidden meaning. Jack, president of the local gun club, was an arms dealer.

You raised your eyebrows but said nothing. The call came in before you even got to sleep that night. There’d been a shootout at Jack’s house, a real bloodbath. Not only had the gun-dealer been armed to the teeth, but Richard and a few other people that showed up late to the party had been packing as well. The place was riddled with bullets and two loyal members of the alliance were dead. This morning, your plant in the state forensics lab called with more information: bullets found at the scene had been matched to the gun that had been used on BV. Apparently, his killer had come face-to-face with the Mexican Mafia last night, and they’d all somehow managed to survive.

They’re killing you. You’re killing each other. There’s only seven of you left and the war is far from over. You don’t intend to get caught in the crossfire. Fortunately, Jack was a good friend of yours and he gave you a present a few years ago. You pat the heavy steel pistol and sigh, hoping it will be enough. That’s when your alarm goes off.

The chirp sounds almost pleasant but a glance at the monitor shows you the chilling reality: two crusiers and a parade of federal vehicles are rolling through your gate. They must have a search warrant, you have only seconds to act. Grabbing your backpack, you take the back stairs three at a time. This is an eventuality for which you’ve always been prepared. Your getaway car starts on the first try and you slip out through a disguised but very functional portico before the cops even realize you’re home. Wild-eyed, you speed to the highway and head north. The texts start rolling in. It’s a mass raid. Apparently, someone very close has sold you out.

Things are frantic but you manage to arrange an impromptu meeting spot. You drive there, parking on a gravel embankment next to a graffiti-marred sign that warns, sternly, of tsunami dangers. There’s a damp, salty wind blowing off the ocean and low, dark clouds rumbling on the western horizon. Waves crash against giant rocks in the bay and lap violently onto the narrow beach where a number of your peers are waiting. There are surfers out in the water, but they can’t hear you over the roar of the Pacific.

“Gotta be the Sheriff,” one of you postulates loudly. “Feds put the heat on him.”

“Hell with that,” another disagrees, “no way he’d roll. Maybe it was that punk, Dana.”

“If he was going to snitch, he’d have done it three days ago. My guess is, it was the Mafia.”

“Fuck.”

“Dirty bastards.”

“I know. Right?”

“What are we going to do?”

You scan the sun-kissed faces: all hold rage and the desire for revenge, some of it fabricated. Jack’s present presses coolly against your skin; thunder rolls in the distance. “I’ll tell you what I’m going to do,” you growl, “figure out who’s responsible and bring an end to it right here.”

Jack has been shot. He was the
town’s Gunsmith
RichardGHP has been shot. He was a
Vanilla Townie

Day four begins! With seven alive it takes four to lynch. The deadline is May 23, 22:30 PDT (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1091 (isolation #52) » Tue May 11, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by Ythill »

Just checking in. No vote count needed.

If you have not already, please reply to the PM in your inbox.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1138 (isolation #53) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Ythill »

Thank you all for your replies. Based on them, I am standing by my decision to let this game play out as-is.

To the few players who believe that quoting or pretending to quote part of a role PM is indicative of alignment, I will say that it shoudn't be considered such. Using quotation marks, chnorek exactly quoted one of three things: the town doc flavor line, the mafia doc flavor line, or the doc flavor line given to him for the purpose of fake-claiming. Nothing about this situation has indicated which of those things he did.

Play on... I will put up a vote-count tonight.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1167 (isolation #54) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 2 ~ dramonic (chnorek, MehPlusRawr)
  • 1 ~ MehPlusRawr (Nicodemus)
  • Not Voting: boberz, CryMeARiver
  • Gardening Tips

• Overall Prod Count: dramonic (1), Nicodemus (1).
  • CryMeARiver will be V/LA until May 16.
  • With seven alive it takes four to lynch. The deadline is May 23, 22:30 PDT (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1189 (isolation #55) » Thu May 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Ythill »

That's a confirmed lynch. I will post flavor and reveal ASAP.

• The Consensus

[*]4 ~ dramonic (chnorek, MehPlusRawr, CryMeARiver, Nicodemus)

• Not Voting: boberz
  • Gardening Tips

• Overall Prod Count: dramonic (1), Nicodemus (1).
  • CryMeARiver will be V/LA until Friday, May 16.
  • With seven alive it takes four to lynch. The deadline is May 23, 22:30 PDT (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1190 (isolation #56) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by Ythill »

“I’ll tell you what I’m going to do,” you growl, “figure out who’s responsible and we bring an end to it right here.”

Jack’s present leaps into your hand, but you aren’t the only one who thought to bring a gun today. In a heartbeat, everyone is armed. In this paranoid climate, nobody is really sure who to aim at and there is an awkward moment -a clumsy but deadly dance- during which the future, for all of you, is very unclear. Four days of hazy talk and over-eating has come down to this: seven stoners in a standoff that is literally Mexican. Quentin Terentino would be proud.

Sea-spray stings your eyes as you shift your aim from the biker to the chemist, from one familiar face to another. These men were like brothers to you less than a week ago. Now the only thing left to decide is who is going to kill who. All for the lousy southern market and a few million dollars. The only thing more powerful than your fear right now is your disgust at how far the mighty have fallen. Then, unexpectedly, someone starts laughing.

Gleefully, Bob pops the buttons on his shirt, revealing a bulletproof vest. “Looks like I won the arms race, you stupid fuckers.” His stance is casual, his grin cocky. He takes a long drink out of the beer he opened a few minutes ago before starting an arrogant speech that he never gets to finish. “Everybody always thinks to bring a gun, right? I knew it. So, this morning when I was…” His expression turns momentarily quizzical (
do you taste that?
) and then fearful. He gasps, staggers, and falls. Nobody sees the chemist smile but, a moment later, everyone sees him level an important third pistol on Dram.

“It’s clear you’re the one who sold us out,” the chemist says. “Hey Nico, you want to settle this for us?”

“My pleasure, boss,” the goon answers. The fourth gun isn’t just aimed, it’s fired. Dram’s back explodes and paints the sand red. That bullet is the first raindrop of a typhoon. Gunshots crackle like fireworks or the beats of a drum-roll. Despite the wind, a blue-gray haze of powder smoke hovers for a moment over the scene. Then, like the fleeting hope that a group of stoned pacifists would be able to overcome a real syndicate, it is gone.

Above you, the leering chemist is fading. Your life is quickly escaping onto the beach and your breath comes in ragged gasps but you manage to say, “You… bastard. How could… you… give in?”

“Give in? You think I we were pressured?” He laughs uproariously. Lightning flashes behind him on the horizon. “I
started
this war, amigo. And now I’ve finished it too.”

boberz has been poisoned. He was a
Bulletproof Townie
Dramonic has been lynched. He was a
Vanilla Townie
MehPlusRawr has been endgamed. He was the
town’s Vigilante
Chronopie has been endgamed. He was a
Vanilla Townie

Game over! Scum Wins! Congratulations to chnorek, Nicodemus, bv310, and CryMeARiver.

I’ll be posting night actions, role PMs, QT links, and commentary in a little while. Of course comments and criticisms are welcome from everyone.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1191 (isolation #57) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Post by Ythill »

Quick Topics

Scum QT
Graveyard

Night Actions

N1

Fonz jailkeeps HH.
Meh vigs Furc.
Jack smiths Richard (no gun).
Deer tracks BV (Fonz).
Nico NKs Fonz.
BV watches Fonz (Nico).
CMAR poisons Deer.

N2

Jack smiths Diacria (no gun).
Meh vigs bv.
Nico NKs HH.
CMAR poisons Diacria.
Bv watches HH.

N3

Jack smiths Meh.
CMAR poisons Boberz.
Chnorek NKs Jack.
Meh vigs Richard.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1193 (isolation #58) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by Ythill »

Role PMs

Vanilla Townie

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. Living or dead, you win the game when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

Gunsmith

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. You run the local gun club and have a list of all the members’ addresses. Living or dead, you win the game when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

After each meeting you may PM me the name of one player and, if your action is successful, I will tell you whether or not that player’s role owns a gun.

Jail-keeper

You are posing as one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. You are actually an undercover federal agent intent on wiping out the Mexican Mafia. Living or dead, you win the game when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

After each meeting you may PM me the name of one player and, if your action is successful, that player’s role will be both immune to and incapable of engaging in night actions. You may not target yourself. If your block causes a logical tie in a two man endgame, your faction wins unless the opposing player is a blocker who can choose to kill.

Tracker

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. You’re also an army veteran who grew up in these woods. Living or dead, you win the game when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

After each meeting you may PM me the name of one player and, if your action is successful, you will receive the name(s) of whomever was targeted by that player’s role, if any.

Bulletproof

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. You know how dangerous this lifestyle can be and so have made your house into a fortress. Living or dead, you win the game when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

If any player attempts to shoot you, the action will fail. If your immunity causes a logical tie in a two-man endgame, you die and the killer’s faction wins.

Vigilante

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. You’re also an outlaw biker with a quick temper and a big gun. Living or dead, you win the game when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

After each meeting you may PM me the name of one player and, if your action is successful, that player’s role will die.

Mafia Goon

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. Living or dead, you win the game when your faction represents a majority of the living players at the beginning of the day or when nothing can prevent that from happening.

You have succumbed to greed and now deal heavily with the Mexican Mafia. XXX, XXX, and XXX made the same choice. Between meetings, you can talk to them in this thread which will be made public during the post-game unless one of you requests otherwise by PM.

After each meeting, you or one of your buddies may PM me the name of one player and, if the action is successful, that player’s role will die. The first name sent to me will be the one I use and the player who sends it will be the shooter.

Mafia Watcher

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. You’re also an insomniac who wanders the streets at night. Living or dead, you win the game when your faction represents a majority of the living players at the beginning of the day or when nothing can prevent that from happening.

After each meeting you may PM me the name of a player and, if your action is successful, you will receive the name(s) of that player’s target(s), if any.

You have succumbed to greed and now deal heavily with the Mexican Mafia. XXX, XXX, and XXX made the same choice. Between meetings, you can talk to them in this thread which will be made public during the post-game unless one of you requests otherwise by PM.

After each meeting, you or one of your buddies may PM me the name of one player and, if the action is successful, that player’s role will die. The first name sent to me will be the one I use and the player who sends it will be the shooter. You may not deliver the kill and use your night power on the same night.

Mafia Poisoner

You are one of the eighteen most influential growers in northern California. As such, you have the right to speak at meetings and a vote. You are also a chemist who has mastered sleight of hand. Living or dead, you win the game when your faction represents a majority of the living players at the beginning of the day or when nothing can prevent that from happening.

After each meeting you may PM me the name of one player and that player’s role will be killed during the twilight scene of the following day. Delivering your kill is considered to be a night action but the kill itself is a day action.

After each meeting, one of your buddies may PM me the name of one player and, if the action is successful, that player’s role will die. The first name sent to me will be the one I use and the player who sends it will be the shooter. You cannot deliver the group’s kill.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1196 (isolation #59) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by Ythill »

Shit, 4 scum,
with
poison day kill. Not quite balanced.
I think it was balanced toward a scum win, but not as much as people (aka Dram) are going to be ranting about here in a minute. The town had seven misses. Four if the vig wasn't shooting. Remember, the scum only got one kill N1.

IMO, the town played a pretty abysmal game here. The scum made one really bad mistake and it cost them their watcher, but they played it well otherwise. The town didn't even seem to be rereading the thread. CMAR made a post on D2 that should have gotten both he and chnorek killed before endgame, but nobody even mentioned it. Also, FTR, Fonz had 2/3 living scum picked out on D3 in the Graveyard. Killing him might have been the best play the scum made, though poisoning the BPT and turning LYLO around on Dram were helpful as well.

But no, a town win wasn't easy. The best strategy was obvious: hunt the poisoner down at all costs. Scum were in the same boat with the vig. Removing the second kill from either team while the other one was still alive was nearly a guarenteed victory.

Other caveats: Delivering the poison target was a night action (could be blocked), but the actual kill was a day action (could not be protected but killing the poisoner on the previous night prevented it). Vig:scum endgame was a town win. Jailkeeper:scum endgame was a town win. BPT:scum endgame was a scum win. The vig was the only townie with a gun, the poisoner was the only townie without a gun. The poisoner could not, under any circumstances, deliver the mafia group kill; if CMAR was the only scum left alive, poison was his only weapon.
Last edited by Ythill on Thu May 13, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1197 (isolation #60) » Thu May 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by Ythill »

HH wrote:That said, the 'red herring' type power roles really made it somewhat like dominoes where doing the expected behaviour made one more likely to get caught.
I know, right? I was cringing on the scum's behalf when chnorek claimed doc. Poison doc would have been a better claim but it worked so I can't fault them too much for it.

I was LOLing @ Dram's final arguments. He was wrong about the setup and very wrong with the scum-doc angle and the Graveyard thread was chanting for his lynch... but he was right about the play. If chnorek had been lynched, M+R would have NKed Niko. That would have left Dram, Chrono, and CMAR in the endgame, and I don't see what could have happened to keep the town from winning at that point.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1200 (isolation #61) » Thu May 13, 2010 10:17 pm

Post by Ythill »

Chrono wrote:If we'd gone with claimed-doc lynch: When Chnorek had flipped scum, the % chance of Dram being scum -> 0.
I once hard-bussed in LYLO to gain this same level of trust. Next morning, the two living townies voted each other right away and I had my choice for the scum-hammer.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1202 (isolation #62) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:25 pm

Post by Ythill »

chnorek wrote:first: sory about pretending to quote PM, was my accident, wont happen again.
That ruling was the toughest call I've had to make as a mod. On the one hand, I understood the mistake (see below). On the other hand, a lot of people believe that townies are more likley to be cited for this and I didn't want a rules violation to psuedo-confirm scum in LYLO. If I'd modkilled, it wouldn't have ended the game, but it would have seriosuly broken it in favor of town.

Sorry if I made the wrong call.

The mistake (for those who didn't have my global viewpoint) was that I initially gave the doc flavor to CMAR, who posted it in the scum-QT with quotation marks, which was explicitly allowed. Then chnorek copy-pasted it here. It was very obvious to me that he didn't
mean to
pretend to quote his role PM.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1222 (isolation #63) » Fri May 14, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Ythill »

HH wrote:I totally disagree. The only other option would be to watch a really scummy looking townie in the hopes of catching a cop or a vig/sk. Watching your nk target gives you the best possible outcome if a doc protect is successful.
In general, you'd be right. But when there's a town tracker that heavily suspects your watcher, you need to play sub-optimally until he's dead. It was obvious to me that Deer was going to watch BV long before he sent his target in. Due to watching Fonz, BV put the scum in a position where they were going to lose one teammate by D3 no matter what. The second part of the mistake was going into D2 without a plan for who was going to be bussed in that situation. CMAR was right that BV should have said green killed Fonz, but the fact that he had to say it in thread was a
huge
risk (see below).
CMAR wrote:Which post was that? I don't recall
#779 wrote:
Jack wrote:That's awesome.

unvote

Let's wait and see who BV says targetted the fonz.

BV was a very weird choice btw. It's who you choose if you want to confirm your role granted, but did you really think he was scum?
Yes, this shall be quite interesting. I am also curious on the reason this was his chosen target. It seems rather strange to me.

But I also agree with the point that Deer made that bv will just say that he watched TheFonz. Therefore, we should have scum either way we have it, whether it be today or tomorrow. Also, big
FoS on
greenindirt
(Get it, I made it "big" :lol: ) I really dislike his repeated promises and excuses.
Considering your suspicions, the timing and context, and your tone in this post, I found it
very
obvious that you were BV's buddy telling him to bus green.

On blanace:
I agree with Fonz here. This was reviewd by three players and we tweaked it a little but 2/3 agreed that the finished product was "balanced enough." Plum was the voice of dissent, saying that the town needed another protective role. Near the end of D2 I started realizing she'd been right all along. If I ran something like this setup again, I'd add a doc or BG. Or maybe a backup JK.
Fonz wrote:Greenindirt and nico being scum definitely shows lurking = scummy.
I learned something about scum-lurking from them in this game. During D1, I noticed that they were being very careful to post once every 72 hours but no more than that. Meanwhile, low-activity townies were "lurking" in a way that got them prods. Definately something I'll be considering as a player in the future.
Nico wrote:I thought that this game was really fun to play, and it's my first scum win, so kudos to the scum team for that. I thought that Ythill did an absolutely fantastic job modding, his votecounts, prods, and mod decisions were made with great punctuality and integrity.

Also, I'm going to be nominating Ythill for a best flavor scummy, because I had a blast reading the game and I actually looked forward to the flavor as much as the night kill reveals in the game.
Thanks! I take modding very seriously so your compliments (and the nom) are appreciated. I intend to keep modding games and I think my next one is going to be on the mini theme queue, though things will be kind of hectic for the next few weeks so I may wait a little while.
CMAR wrote:How did I play?
I loved the way you took charge in the QT. That's an important aspect of scum play that a lot of people overlook and I think it's why people like myself and Thesp are so successful as scum. Your in-thread play was good, but I think you were a little heavy-handed and that's what gave you away.
CMAR wrote:It seems that even no one in the GY ever nailed all 3 of us.
That's not to say they wouldn't have. Scum cardflips are like dominos.
CMAR wrote:Dicaria N1 because I thought I remembered GID saying he had a town feeling from him
This was probably your worst idea. With obv-town IC Fonz starting to control the thread, a claimed tracker, and a claimed watcher, there's no way a townie doc protected outside that trio. If someone had reread the thread and found green's townie read of Diacria, they may very well have realized why scum had made that claim.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”