Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Katniss wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:Katniss - What do you think about this game so far? Do you think we are almost ready to start discussing seriously? When would you like to begin discussing seriously?
These Mafia games are pretty fun. I don't think we are almost ready to start discussing seriously, that part makes people enjoy the beginning part of the game more, so I'd let folks get that joking part out of their system, and eventually serious discussion comes out of it. I usually withold my vote until the joking phase is over.
If you are town, besides PR, you are only armed with your vote? Why not place a vote early? It's improbable a quick lynch will occur, there's no risk.

Katniss wrote:
Furry wrote:@Kat - What specifically do you consider the end of the random stage?
I'd say, when people start getting tired of the RVS, or start giving more serious theories. Like so:

Right now, I'm looking at Torqez and Crueknight. They both voted for Furry. Both were bandwagon votes.

I think Solemn J might have been oddly accurate with the Crueknight "random WAGON" post, even if Solemn J wasn't serious. Then all of a sudden CK proves SJ's:
No, he would have RVSed someone else, someone w/ mre votes if he erally wanted to wagon.
post, by switching from voting J-Fox, to the person with more votes (Furry) after Mr. Squirrel and Torqez voted, raising the votes to 3, being tied with Haylen. Then as if following Torqez's lead (if they are both mafia) added his vote, causing Furry to be the top vote with 4 votes. So yes, now it looks CK really is bandwagoning.

Not that bandwagoning is automatically a scum sign, but he has hopped on to two so far, which isn't really "random." And it's all I got to work with right now.

As for Torqez, his vote on Furry, was both a Bandwagon and OMGUS Vote. Again, Bandwagon votes, aren't an automatic scum sign, but it's all I got to work from right now.
I see wagonning as a null-tell in the RVS. It's a good way to get out of the RVS as you can get reactions from wagonning people.
Wickedestjr wrote:Scott Brosius - Who do you think is more likely to be scum: malpascp or SolemnJ?
SolemnJ at this point. The SK comment rubbed me the wrong way in his first post.

SJ: Furry is at L-4. Why are you so worried about how many votes he has? This is getting us out of the RVS.

Possible SJ-Furry connection.

Vote: SolemnJ
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Yes I realize you directed a question toward SolemnJ, I didn't like the tone of his response.

I agree with your Squirrel vote somewhat. Saying your questions are not evoking discussion is wrong and its a weird case for squirrel to take on while we are still in the RVS. I still like where my vote is at the moment.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

I never said you were a SK. Guilty conscience?

You seemed concerned about someone being at an L-4 when we are nowhere near deadline. You seem antsy.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

SolemnJ wrote:Lol, I wish I was a serial killer; that would be so much fun.

Hm...this tomfoolery is hurting my ability to find scum.

vote J-Fox
does not equal
SolemnJ wrote:
You think I am an SK b/c I said I wish I was? Sigh, how am I supposed to defend myself against that?
Again I never said you were SK. But you are certainly getting quite defensive over 2 votes.

WarWound- Read the game. Its 8 pages. You can handle it.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Katniss wrote:Ok. I'll bite and answer these questions, hopefully to prove I am not mafia.
I dislike this comment. Answer them to stimulate discussion and scumhunt. Also rarely is anything ever "proven" in this game, so attempting to do that answering questions makes no sense.

Earlier you said...
Katniss wrote: Voting in the RVS is more useful, it helps get people to have a starting point in the game. If everyone with-held their votes, we wouldn't be going anywhere. I guess it's just my playstyle to do that though, hoping others would start the ball rolling instead.
You place a weak and late vote on CK. You cite other's arguments (although not specifially very vague) and your own FoS. You placed an FoS on CK and Torquez earlier based on them jumping on wagons in the RVS. Jumping on wagons in the RVS can help get out of the RVS and really isn't scummy at all. Yet in the above quote, you say voting in the RVS is useful.

So it's useful to vote in the RVS, but you FoS people for it? And then use it as a basis for your own vague bandwagonny vote.

Unvote
Vote: Katniss
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:04 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Katniss wrote:Yes, I did get a bit defensive. I recieved a IGMEO/FoS message, after all, which means people think I am scummy, and I didn't want people to think that. I see now, maybe that was the wrong choice of words to use.
Well of course you didn't INTEND to look scummy.
Katniss wrote: Scott, I said voting in the RVS is useful, I didn't say anything about jumping bandwagons being the useful part in that post. You did make a good point about it being useful in it's own way in stimulating discussion. But can't mafia also use the bandwagoning technique to disguise their votes on a person? Or am I wrong with that idea as well.
That early in the game its a null-tell if anything. Also your vote on CK is pretty bandwagonny if you are going to accuse others of it.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Katniss wrote:I'm gonna read thread/respond later, but right now I'm gonna withdraw my vote on crueknight. I wasn't feeling too sure about that in the first place, so
unvote
So why did you vote then?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Wickedestjr wrote:
I read the post from Katniss before I saw Scott's comment.

Well this is impossible to prove and a lame excuse.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

CrueKnight wrote:
you're avoiding it, CrueKnight.
You wouldnt have made that vote without at least a slight reason.
You can't just forget why you do things. You need to take responsibility.
Where did I apparently misquote?
I gave a reason. I'll say it for the last time: (Valid or not valid, this was my reason back then)
-Someone (i forgot who) said SolemnJ accused someone of something. I said I agree to this and I wanted to hear SolemnJ's response.
-SolemnJ said my argument was bull. And that is no reason to vote him.
-I say I wasn't planning to lynch him so just explain.
---*Everybody gets all over me at this point because I revealed that I was pressuring and not lynching so ZOMGIE were all gonna die and now CrueKnight is a scummie ZOMGZOMGZOMG!

I am going to leave it at that because I feel like we're going in circles.
CrueKnight:

Why did you unvote someone midway through the RVS and vote yourself? Why do you hate being in the spotlight at the beginning?
1. I thought RVSs was the joking stage, so I was messing around. A vote doesn't count unless there is a reason for it. And I didn't have a reason. (For who vote without a reason should get FoSs on them)
2. Because out of experience, it usually gets me killed early on the game. I either get killed by a scummie that is claiming a Vig or something and excuses himself because I looked scummie. Or I claim something important and and of coarse die because the mafia wishes to rid of me.

Low profile games usually keep me alive... well, I only won one mafia game in like 12 games so far so I guess I'm a natural scummie player. :p
This entire post is gross. You don't even bother to look back and see why you placed a vote on SolemnJ. You wanted an answer to my question. He told me that I called him a SK, when I did no such thing. So I mentioned that he could have a guilty conscience. This was 7 pages ago. Not exactly a long time ago. Laziness is a scum tell.

Also I don't like how you put your own survival in front of the town's. If you are town, you win when the town wins. Even if you do not survive. Keeping a low profile or being anti-town purposely in order to stay alive is a terribad strategy

Unvote
Vote: CrueKnight
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Rhinox wrote:
Scott wrote:Laziness is a scum tell.
Why?

A lazy player is not a scum-hunting player.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

I think overdefensive is a decent tell only if compared to one's meta. In a bubble, you are correct, anything can be considered "overdefensive". But if a person is more defensive than usual, I think that can be worth something.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:44 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

foilist13 wrote:
CrueKnight has been fairly scummy so far, but not enough for me to justify a lynch. Lurking is a problem for me, and
Haylen did it in the last game we played together too, so this is the wagon I'm getting on.

And what was her role that game?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”