Mafia 102: No-Frills Game Thread(Town wins!)

Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Staple »

/confirm
I am an Atheist, and I'm proud of it.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Staple »

/confirm
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by Staple »

X_~ wrote:wow do I feel dumb now.

I check mafiascum at least once a day. I been checking this thread and was only looking at page one. I was like why isn't anyone posting? Why are people not confirming?
I thought this game was dead.
Today idk, I saw someone posted 'this should start in 45 mins' and I was like ROFL this game is dead. So I quoted and said WRONG!
I saw my post jumped to page 7 and was like o.O

wow I been waiting like a week for people to confirm and wasn't noticing the extra pages <_<

I am new to this board and it's very different that vBulletin or iPb so yeah my bad.
I will help you guys find the scum.
Cool story bro.

You haven't posted your views on anything yet so you are not helping anyone find scum. Your just defending yourself by saying you will help. How about you start helping then? I know this is a bit hypocritical coming from me since this is my first post, but the rest of the issues in this thread have been debated by others and each time I log in they are already addressed, no lynching is a stupid idea and will always be imo. Does not help the town at all and information is what the town wants. Anyone who supported no lynching seems suspicious to me, its just not a smart way of going about things.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Post by Staple »

EBWOP: No lynching is especially a stupid idea this early in the day, since scum can just sit back while all the pressure is lifted from them, because everyone just no lynches. Everyone who jumped on the no lynch train is suspicious. Short days hurt the town, so even if by some miraculous means you can justify no lynching, at least do it after we have discussed/pressured others for a while -- at least then we get something out of it.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:29 am

Post by Staple »

jumping into the game with a vote on someone for an un-scummy thing, and parroting the dead horse (mixing my metaphors here uh oh)
I did not vote anyone, contrary to you jumping into the game with a vote.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:35 am

Post by Staple »

Not really though, because I did not vote anyone, like you said, but just informed the town of my thoughts. If that is scummy then so is everything anyone has done this game, as well as the goal of this game, because thats what you do, you try to find scum as a townie. Note the first votes that were cast, not that there are anything wrong with them, but they just kill your point, since what you are suggesting is that by extension they are also scummy, since they too jumped into the game with a vote.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:42 am

Post by Staple »

Hey guys I have been fairly busy the last while and I know I still owe a summary of who I think is scummy. I'll post it tomorrow, seeing as I have another project which is already late.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Staple »

Going through the whole thread again now. Will post in 2-3hours time.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Staple »

Sigh guys I feel really bad about not being able to contribute. I am usually incredibly active and the other game to which I am committed is also seeing less of me. I just have a crapload of work which was piled on me recently, I do not really know exactly what you guys want from me, so if you want to ask me anything regarding a specific topic please do so. I went through the thread just now. Since I was not active at all the first 11 pages I do not think I can give a decent summary of all the players. Please ask me some questions so I can prove to you that I am in fact a townie. I promise I WILL find some way to keep up with this game from here on in.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:57 am

Post by Staple »

3. You have only 2 votes on you, why are you already preaching to us that you're a townie?
Because its not good for the town to lynch a townie? Do you suggest I claim cop instead?

I guess you guys are correct in lynching me, since I know I've been playing scummy. I will probably only cause more confusion throughout the game because of my scummy behavior these first few pages. You guys also do not lose much by lynching since I have not been contributing at all. Think the only way I could defend myself at this moment is to say that I will be more active from here on in, and I am a townie so it does not benefit the town to lynch me.

@Mask Man: Why do you constantly feel the need to post irrelevant content throughout the thread thus far? How do you think those posts help the town? They don't. So if you are a townie, and those posts do NOT help the town, why do you post them?
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Staple »

Crypto, I feel you are a bit erratic and all over the place. You seem to be a bit paranoid. Everything I have said is true. How is it an appeal to emotion when I say exactly what is true. Is it a lie when I say that I am a good vote because I have not been contributing and I have come across as scummy?
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:32 am

Post by Staple »

@pom: Because I'm a villa. You don't know this for sure so voting for me is perfectly justifiable.

@Muh: God I must be the worst scum ever.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:17 am

Post by Staple »

Never said that anyone must lynch me, in fact contrary to that I have been preaching the opposite. You are lying with your quote. I said that I can understand why you guys would want to lynch me, not that you should. The 2 quotes you made; "go ahead lynch me", and "lynch me so I can prove I'm town" are both false, and untrue.

I also never said that I do not want to play anymore, I said that I was finding it hard to find time for this game during its early stages. Why do you quote me falsely, and lie about my actions? I don't see why, if you were a townie, you would feel the need to do the above.

Vote: bigmc109
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Staple »

Actually, I am also a suspect in the other game. And I have also been inactive during the same stages this game was on, except for maybe one or two one-liner posts. Just to confirm the doubt as to whether or not I am a new player; this is my second game on mafiascum, running concurrent with the one which crypto was referring. I have however played a LOT of mafia, either on forums, or irl.

And like crypto said, even if I was not interested in this game anymore, I do not feel like replacing out since this is one of my first games here. However I do want to play.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Staple »

@bigmc: Give me a chance then.

I am pretty much content at the moment with Crypto's reasoning for voting off Pom.

@Charter: Thanks for defending me mate, but why did you take this task upon yourself? Even though as you yourself stated it is ridiculous iyo to vote me, people generally shy away from making alliances in mafia, especially defending someone else like this. If player x defends player y, and player y turns out to be scum, player x would generally be in the spotlight. Perhaps you also know my alignment, and you are trying to work on your alibi a bit more when I turn out as town?
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #507 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Staple »

@Mod: Can I replace out please?

Sorry guys but I just don't have the time to give this game the attention it deserves. Hope this does not influence future games we play together.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #512 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Staple »

Thanks Scigatt. And once more, sorry for the inconvenience. Especially to Scigatt who now has to find a replacement.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”