Mafia 88- Return to New Catania- Game Over!

magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:45 am

Post by magisterrain »

hello everyone.
whew, there are quite a few pages to read in this game! it may take me a few days to get completely caught up, but ill give it my best
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:06 am

Post by magisterrain »

Xylthixlm wrote:
magisterrain wrote:hello everyone.
whew, there are quite a few pages to read in this game! it may take me a few days to get completely caught up, but ill give it my best
Be cool like me and start posting without reading the whole thread.
yeah, im gonna have to. 38 pgs is just ridiculous for it to still be day1. a lot of rambling and not much progress being made. everyone just casting suspicion everywhere.

so, can someone briefly state the case against derhammer?
i get a pretty strong town vibe from hoopla on this page.
ill have to start looking at individual peoples comments throughout the thread and see who looks scummy
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by magisterrain »

lets see, how about seraphim.
anyone want to summarize the case?

sorry to be lazy, but im in some other games and this one is long. i am slowly catching up (page 10) but it will probably be a while before i read this whole game.
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by magisterrain »

Der Hammer wrote:Yes.

I still am in a position where my lynch might be a reasonably decent move for the town. As stated I am a Miller, so eventually I would become a problem for town so perhaps it is time for me to go gracefully. That said, here are my thoughts on recent events.
skitzer wrote: Der Hammer, on the other hand, has been a whirlwind of strange actions that don't quite fit with anything else he says. From claiming miller, to self voting, to cult suspicing on Day 1, when the supposed cult hasn't done anything yet. I think this is the best choice.

Vote: Der Hammer

In fairness, the cult mention was simply pointing out a flaw in Ectomancers plan to never lynch me, which I disagreed with.

Concerned that I might be lynched via Elmo's diceroll, which is a every strange piece of play.

Looking at those on my wagon we have

Seraphim, Sir Tornado, tubby216...

All three are looking very suspect to me, and I think lynching me with these three all on my wagon is a mistake. Theres 1, maybe 2 mafia right there.

What it all comes down to for most of you, if you actually thought about the actions of the game is whether someone would willingly claim miller on day one under no pressure. My one aim was to avoid a wasted cop investigation which now for better or worse I hopefully have. Make your choice based on these factors, not whether not I have lurked slightly over Christmas-New Years Period.

Good day, and hopefully you will make the right decision. I'm confident I'll see you in Day Two!
im confused by der mightily here. at first he starts talking about 'going out gracefully' then he says hes confident he'll see us tomorrow?

i don't know. i kinda say we keep him at least for one more day.

as for sir tornado, if you dont want to play, can we just lynch you and get it over with? except obviously that would hurt us if you are town. but are you? why dont you seek a replacement? refusing to play but not getting a replacement is definitely not protown. so what gives here?
at the same time, i agree that OGML should have answered you. but what does it solve by refusing to play? even though, interestingly enough, you have made as many posts as anyone lately

anyway, i'm gonna
vote seraphim
since he's much less useful to the town at this point and very well may be lurker scum.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Post by magisterrain »

Yosarian2 wrote:
magisterrain wrote:[
i don't know. i kinda say we keep him at least for one more day.
I'm confused by this. It sounds like you're saying you don't want to lynch him today, you'd rather lynch him tommorow, and that dosn't really make any sense for a claimed miller. If you think he's town, you shouldn't want him lynched tommorow; and if you think he's scum, you should want him dead today, right?
i guess i wasn't really clear. i just meant im not suspicious enough of him today to vote for him. i guess i was just using a figure of speech there. who knows what will happen tomorrow? i just don't think we should lynch him today. and today is all that matters at the moment.

i dont even really know about seraphim. it really just seems like the only viable wagons at this point are on people who could turn out town as easily as scum.

and by the way, there are an AWFUL lot of people lurking in this game. just sayin.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by magisterrain »

as far as i can tell, its all random.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1167 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by magisterrain »

ok , back from hellish week in RL
rereading
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by magisterrain »

Xylthixlm wrote:I'd say we have two mafias, and both of them killed Claus.
so who killed shanba?

in my experience, when more than one group kills one target, the targets death scene contains to different methods of killing "stabbed 12 times, then riddled with bullets while he choked on his blood"

at any rate, its interesting that only one person died night one, but 2 last night.

re: a doc saving claus, perhaps the doc got roleblocked. but someone wouldve had to be sure they knew who the doctor was.
also, there might not be a doc
or, the doc missed the night phase and his/her night action. in which case, BAD DOCTOR!
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1251 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:20 am

Post by magisterrain »

OhGodMyLife wrote:I like voting for dead town... not.

No lynching until claus-stump says he's ready to die.

I don't think there are two mafia groups. The "Florida" bit is just a red herring.

Vote: Xylthixlm
so why
did
you vote for militant? you did so kind of quickly, and without any explanation, almost like you knew a mistake had been made and you wanted to make it look like you had no idea militant had actually already been killed. or like you had tried to kill him, but had been blocked somehow, so you wanted to get him lynched instead.

then you say that you dont think there are two mafia groups. then who made the other kill? do you think there is a lone killer of some sort?

and why exactly are you now voting xylthixlm?
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1258 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:51 am

Post by magisterrain »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
Unvote, Vote: magisterrain

Hoopla, reading into the way the mistake was made will never do us any good, there are too many possible explanations. I see no evidence for two mafia groups.
are you just going to continue voting without giving any reasons?

i dont know how you can see NO evidence for two mafia groups, even before learning what xyl just divulged.
at the time you made this comment: a) the mafia made 2 kills b)there is a mafia and some kind of lone killer c) there are 2 mafia groups who both made a kill
i just dont understand how you could completely dismiss out of hand the possibility of 2 groups.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1260 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:28 am

Post by magisterrain »

take heart in this fact, ogml:
back up your vote or earn mine

we are not mind readers around here. and voting for someone without giving reasons gives the impression that you are trying to fool other people into seeing something that is 'obvious' when it is not.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1265 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:46 am

Post by magisterrain »

speaking of cops, where did claus go?

he at least seems to be sane(night one result was correct) , and if he has a result from last night it would be nice if he could share it.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:26 am

Post by magisterrain »

why ecto?
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by magisterrain »

well shit.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”