Mafia 88- Return to New Catania- Game Over!

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:22 am

Post by iamausername »

Xylthixlm wrote:I thought he was at L-2... we clearly need more frequent votecounts.
Me too. If I'd thought he was at L-1, I totally would have hammered. If anyone deserves a policy lynch, it is Puta Puta, and that would be an awesome way to enter the game.

Hi all, I've been semi-following this game as it's been going, but now I'm actually in it, I'm working on a more thorough reread.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:00 am

Post by iamausername »

Sobeahero wrote:And my reason is more then he's picking on GC, my reason is GC would be a good target for scum to eliminate if he's town.
So basically I'm deciding if he's more likely to be town, or if you [Battle Mage] are
. I'm much more inclined to lynch you though, since that will at least show GC isn't aligned with you. Though sadly if you flip town we effectively learn nothing.
OK, the first thing that strikes me as notably suspicious in this game is this here massive false dilemma set up by THE GUY I REPLACED. Thanks, Sobeahero.

SensFan's entrance is interesting. ckd overreacts massively to Sens choosing to vote before he's finished catching up, and then changing that vote each time he gets further caught up, which I think is a very reasonable way of compensating for his absence at the beginning. Unless there was a risk of him accidentally hammering someone (and there clearly wasn't at this stage), how would this be harmful to the town, ckd?

On the other hand, Sens says in Post #210 that he's caught up, and yet his vote is still stuck on Page 3? Did nothing at all happened on pages 4-9 that was worthy of comment?

...I don't get the anti-Sir T thoughts at all. I have absolutely no idea what it is that everyone is seeing as so scummy there.

vollkan is the first one to pick up on predecessor's total scuminess. I'm surprised he didn't get more attention before this. I've never replaced someone who was my prime suspect before, I'm not really sure how to handle it. I mean, I can't exactly dispute vollkan's arguments when I agree with them.

#312 is :goodposting:. Once we've got the necessary policy lynch on Puta Puta out of the way, OGML is definitely a person of interest.

...And that's a reread done. Besides Puta Puta being terrible, I think SensFan's little "playing five pages behind" thing has generated by far the most interesting reactions. Pretty much, anyone who attacked him for this is on my suspect list, because I don't understand how they could possibly see it as being scummy, but especially so when they had previously said this:
OhGodMyLife wrote:
Shanba wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote: Oddly enough, I agree with BM. GC undermined his own argument in the process of writing it.
Yeah, but is that actually scummy?

The flaw in his reasoning could have been an honest mistake, but there's also a good possibility it wasn't
(its very easy for scum to jump on a standard anti town tell such as voting no lynch)
, and its light years better than a random vote. The random voting stage does exactly zero for forward momentum.
Now, obviously, voting before you've finished catching up on the thread is not a standard anti-town tell, but I think the core argument, that it is easy for scum to jump on someone
acting outside the accepted norms
, actually applies better to the SensFan situation. I understand why a No Lynch vote on D1 is seen as anti-town. I don't understand why making temporary votes while you're catching up on the thread is.

Sir Tornado wrote:Hammer without a claim? Why would anyone want to do that?
What on earth gives you the impression that Puta will do something as helpful as claiming?

Vote: Puta Puta
. He is the worst.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:59 pm

Post by iamausername »

Eh, if he's lying scum, there's pretty much no way we won't figure it out before endgame.

Unvote, Vote: OGML
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:00 am

Post by iamausername »

See Post #423.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:09 am

Post by iamausername »

Unvote, Vote: killa sven

My vote's not going to do anything much while OGML is away, and I know k7 can be more helpful than he has been so far in this game. Let's get this wagon a-rollin'.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:27 am

Post by iamausername »

See, I knew killa seven could post content.
killa seven wrote:very next post after the puta heat dies down.
That's one way of putting it. I would say that "after Puta claimed cop" would probably be a more accurate way.
killa seven wrote:he immediately switches to me when a wagon forms on me.. saying his vote on omgl isnt going places.. really 2 days.. and you didnt even push.
Please note the words "while OGML is away". I have every intention of returning that vote to him when he's actually going to be around to respond, but in the meantime, I figured that adding to the "stop killa seven lurking" drive was a better use for it.

Got any thoughts on anyone else?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote:I have every intention of returning that vote to [OGML] when he's actually going to be around to respond, but in the meantime, I figured that adding to the "stop killa seven lurking" drive was a better use for it.
It might not be showing up on your screens, but there is totally a disclaimer here saying that this is assuming OGML does not immediately post a fairly convincing explanation for his Sir T vote upon his return.

I'd still like him to explain how SensFan's catch-up voting was scummy, but now that that's the only thing I have against him, logic dictates that I should instead
Unvote, Vote: curiouskarmadog
, since I want an explanation on the same from him too, and a) he went after Sens with considerably more vehemence, and b) he has done bugger all else so far.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:41 am

Post by iamausername »

killa seven wrote:going on vacation.. please dont replace
For how long?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:20 am

Post by iamausername »

Sorry, this game got away from me a bit.

I'm still waiting on an explanation from ckd as to how SensFan's voting while he caught up was scummy. This is a really big point of contention for me.

DH's miller claim is iffy. I certainly don't agree with Xyl's suggestion of policy lynching claimed millers (unless they're claiming AFTER a cop claims a guilty on them), but the fact that he only claimed after coming under significant pressure and not as soon as D1 started makes me less inclined to trust him. That and his ease in backing away from the whole self-sacrificing bent. I would certainly not object to a DH lynch at this point.

As far as Claus goes, we're all agreeing to completely ignore Gimbo's fuckery and give him a clean slate, right? I'm pretty sure that is the way to go.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:56 am

Post by iamausername »

curiouskarmadog wrote:it wasnt just that(and it was stated VERY clearing so I am not sure why you are over looking that)
Yes it was. You might have added further justification later, but you originally voted for Sens based entirely on this. That is the part I have a problem with.
curiouskarmadog wrote:What I found scummy about Sensfan, a lot had happened since Page 1, knowing that, why vote? It was reckless.
Why not vote? Nobody was remotely close to a lynch at that time, so how, exactly, was it reckless?
curiouskarmadog wrote:I felt like he was trying to look like he was doing something (voting after the end of every page of his read) without really doing anything.
If he had instead just pointed out his suspicions from the first few pages, without voting based on them, would you still be saying this?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:37 am

Post by iamausername »

Guys, I think we've got a decision to make, right here, right now. Either we lynch Ectomancer immediately, or we trust him completely forever. THOSE ARE THE ONLY OPTIONS.

Seriously, could you possibly explain how a miller claim being involved makes that whole concept not totally ludicrous?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:58 am

Post by iamausername »

Sir Tornado wrote:
iamusername wrote:As far as Claus goes, we're all agreeing to completely ignore Gimbo's fuckery and give him a clean slate, right? I'm pretty sure that is the way to go.
No, No, NO. That would be the worst play EVER.
Under normal circumstances, I'd agree, but Puta Puta was a troll who joined games specifically to fuck with them. It's entirely possible that he didn't even read his role PM, and even if he did, I doubt his choice of claim had any particular connection to it.

I will have more to say soon. I know we've got a deadline approaching, and my activity so far has been pretty terrible. Going to start working on a reread right now.

For now I'll say that I'm really not like the way so many people are leaping onto the Sepharim wagon without giving any reasons whatsoever.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by iamausername »

Seraphim wrote:I'm guessing the deadline is going to be moved to the site being down for a few days?
Yeah, Fonz posted a message to that effect when the site was briefly back up, but everything posted in that time got lost.

Also, I did this:
Unvote, Vote: Der Hammer

Because he only claimed under pressure, advocated his own lynch for like ten minutes before changing his mind which seems deeply insincere, he's not talking about much besides the possibility of his own lynch, and half the people voting Seraphim appear to be doing so purely because "we've got to lynch someone".

That's now the third time I've explained that vote. Fun times.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:23 am

Post by iamausername »

militant wrote:This suggests you know the result of Claus's investigation which is presumably guilty.
...how would he know that?

Totally need to reread, but, dude...
43 pages
. Image
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:37 am

Post by iamausername »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
Vote: Militant
I know it's not there any more, but what was this for?

Anyway, I'm gonna
Vote: curiouskarmadog
, since it's where I was yesterday before I switched to Der Hammer for deadline. Reasons are in this post.
Shanba wrote:But I don't like the "I'm still sure Seraphim is scum" thing after the lynch (that was why I just read your posts in isolation.) It's indicative of an attempt to renege responsibility: it's Seraphim's fault, not yours.
This point is good too.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:00 am

Post by iamausername »

Most of the stuff about OGML in that post also applies to ckd.

I remember that OGML allayed my suspicions yesterday enough for me to want to vote ckd instead, though I don't actually remember how. Like I said, I need to reread.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:37 am

Post by iamausername »

Shanba wrote:Where the hell
is
BM? There is such a thing as a happy medium, you know! GAH!
Wasn't he replaced? I'm sure I remember this happening.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:40 am

Post by iamausername »

EBWOP, here we go:
The Fonz wrote:
Elmo is tempreplacing BM until the end of the day.
And Elmo still appears to be posting, so...
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:02 pm

Post by iamausername »

SensFan wrote:Whoops. I'm on this game this weekend.
O RLY
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:02 am

Post by iamausername »

Unvote, Vote: Natirasha

That's one less replacment to find, eh? 8-)
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by iamausername »

I read Natirasha in isolation, and I feel confident in stating that tubby is not part of the Florida mafia. Also ctrl+f'd "Nat" with all living players in isolation to see if anyone had any hugely incriminating interactions with him, and I can't say there's anything particularly solid there.

militant does not appear to have breadcrumbed his N1 result at all.

Vote: curiouskarmadog
. See previous reasoning, and he seemed to be pretty consistent in saying "Nat is scummy, but not as scummy as..." through D1, which is doing nothing to make me feel better about him.
Xtoxm wrote:No, I think it's ultimately quite shit, we've still lost a town player we shouldn't have, and a cop too. Plus I saw him basically as confirmed anyway.
Srsly. I know it's pretty much impossible to deal with this kind of thing in a way that's fair to all sides, but this really doesn't seem like the most fair resolution. If having mod-confirmation on a cop who almost certainly would have been treated as such anyway (considering he claimed a truthful guilty result yesterday) is really that unfair to the scum, can we, like, get a random vanilla townie upraged to a cop, or something?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (isolation #21) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:30 pm

Post by iamausername »

Unvote, Vote: SensFan

Weren't you supposed to be posting some actual content, oh, a week ago now?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by iamausername »

Unvote, vote: magisterrain
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by iamausername »

tubby216 wrote:magi isn't lynched yet who is left to vote??
By my count, Elmo's vote was the hammer, actually.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (isolation #24) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by iamausername »

Vote: SensFan

The last time you made a post that contained
anything
besides a false promise of real content or complaining to Claus for not revealing his result immediately was on
December 4th
. That's over TWO MONTHS that you've contributed absolutely NOTHING to this game. This is something that needs to be dealt with before anything else.

OGML, why do you vote me and not Xyl when your case is dependant on Xyl being scum?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:57 am

Post by iamausername »

SensFan wrote:Nice misrep on that one.
You do realise that your post history in this thread is freely available for all to view, right?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:19 am

Post by iamausername »

SensFan wrote:
iamausername wrote:
SensFan wrote:Nice misrep on that one.
You do realise that your post history in this thread is freely available for all to view, right?
Of course.

What you didn't mention is that I was gone from the site for about 2-3 weeks in that timespan, that we've had two nights, and that we've had a day that lasted a little over a week (iirc) in which it would have been anti-Town to post any opinions on anything, since we had already decided who to lynch.

That last part is also
precisely why
I asked Claus for his result before I posted who I felt was scummy.
That you have excuses for not making a substantial post in two months does not change the fact that you made no substantial posts in two months. I misrepresented nothing.

And as far as the "giving opinions would have been anti-town", that only applies if we make the assumption that you are town, which sounds like a pretty stupid idea to me.

- If you are scum, it would have helped the town greatly to make you commit yourself to any kind of opinion before Claus revealed his results.
- If you are town, it would have hurt the town very, very slightly to let the scum know where your suspicions lie before Claus revealed his results.

Ergo, your motivation for refusing to do so would be stronger as scum than as town, making you more likely to be scum.
Ectomancer wrote:If I ignore Sensfan he will go away, if he bothers to post about the topic again at all.
And that's a good thing how?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:08 am

Post by iamausername »

tubby216 wrote:Still waiting for sens' most insightful post.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (isolation #28) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by iamausername »

Is it massclaim day today? I think it is, but I could probably be persuaded to hold off until tomorrow.
Adel wrote:is anyone familiar with the "unrecruited mafia traitor" role? how do you suppose it works?
My guess would be that both mafia groups were told there was a traitor around, but not who it was, and they could try to recruit one person each night. I'm not sure what his win condition would be prior to recruitment, in that case, though.

The important thing for finding scum though, is that Xyl wasn't identified as being aligned with either of the two scumgroups, which leads me to believe that he did not know who was in them. Because there's no way he would have been given the identities of both if he could ultimately end up aligned with either one or the other.

I just looked at the list of living players and discovered that Der Hammer is still supposed to be in this game. Wow.

Mod: can we get a prod/replacement on Der Hammer, please?

Now beginning work on a long overdue reread.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by iamausername »

Is that a reason to stop posting?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (isolation #30) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:27 am

Post by iamausername »

Xylthixlm wrote:I have a proposal: If SensFan doesn't have his post done within 24 hours, we lynch him unconditionally. Fair?
I think I need an ultimatum like this to motivate me, because taking over a week to read 21 pages is just ridiculous.

I don't remember why OGML stopped looking scummy to me later on D1, but from where I'm up to, I remember why he started.

I hate that all the dead scum were massive lurkers, makes it much harder to find partner relations.

I'm off to work soon, so it'll be a few hours before I can make further progress.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (isolation #31) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:20 am

Post by iamausername »

So on Monday I got a prod that said I'd be replaced if I didn't post within three days (guessing Der Hammer got one too, so.). That's more than fair, and if Fonz is still going to do that I can't argue. But until such time as he has found a replacement for me, I'm still a player in this game, so I guess I ought to play it.

I've got kind of burned out on mafia from a year of constantly playing several games at once, and I need a break. My intention was to finish out the games I'm in and then take that break without making a big thing of it, but I figure I can't just start posting in this game like I haven't lurked the hell out of this entire day without offering some sort of explanation.
I think I've been underperforming in every game for a few weeks now, but this one has got it by far the worst, because it's huge and full of words, and I really did not have a good handle on it even before I starting feeling the burnout.

So. I still haven't finished rereading Day 1, and I probably never will. I wish I hadn't decided that I needed to do that before I could offer any worthwhile opinions, because there's probably more useful content in the last few pages than any of the ~40 pages of textwalls that made up that day.

THE STUFF THAT IS ACTUALLY GAME RELEVANT AND NOT JUST A HUGE ASS APPEAL TO EMOTION STARTS HERE

tubby's Post #1573 is a very good question. CarnCarn voted for Yos entirely on the basis that he looked like my scum partner. CarnCarn's response (end of Post #1575) is not even remotely adequate. "Yosarian2's defense by omission is more recent and stronger scum-tell than my gut opinions on sobeahero from early in the game." It's only a strong scum tell, or a tell at all,
if you assume that I'm scum
. There is no reason you should have voted Yos over me.

CarnCarn's Post #1586 actually has some pretty good points against Yos, but still, retroactively finding reasons to justify a vote that you didn't have when you made it is not a good way to go about things. Although he is at least up front about doing that.

OGML in Post #1590: What part of that theory is new? I've been thinking the whole time that that's the most likely explanation for Xyl's flip, and I'm sure I said as much earlier in the day, and I don't think I was the only one, either.
HowardRoark wrote:
iamausername wrote:I read Natirasha in isolation, and I feel confident in stating that tubby is not part of the Florida mafia. Also ctrl+f'd "Nat" with all living players in isolation to see if anyone had any hugely incriminating interactions with him, and I can't say there's anything particularly solid there.
Nice partner-finding technique; I'm putting that in my pocket.
I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not.
HowardRoark wrote:
vollkan (1279) wrote:
iama wrote:I read Natirasha in isolation, and I feel confident in stating that tubby is not part of the Florida mafia.
Any specific reason?
Instead of a response we get . . .
Huh, I remembering seeing this question, and I thought I remembered answering it, but I guess I didn't. I've had a town read on tubby since way back, and Nat trying to get him lynched on D1 doesn't seem plausible as distancing. It's that simple.
HowardRoark wrote:
iamusername (1283) wrote: Unvote, Vote: SensFan

Weren't you supposed to be posting some actual content, oh, a week ago now?
This enitre chain of events is amazing.
What's amazing about it, exactly?
HowardRoark wrote:
iamusername (1536) wrote:I don't remember why OGML stopped looking scummy to me later on D1, but from where I'm up to, I remember why he started.
Where's your vote? Nowhere.
I was intending to vote after I'd finished rereading. I was also intending to finish rereading a lot sooner than never. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
HowardRoark wrote:Where's that progress? Nowhere.
Yeah.
HowardRoark wrote:iamusername has actively lurked quite a bit of this game, followed some obvious wagons, and lost focus on his main target OGML.
Actively lurked, I can't argue with that charge. Lost focus on OGML, you are right, and my reasons for doing so were really dumb. If I wasn't playing like utter shit, I suspect I'd have spent most of this day arguing for his lynch.

But what "obvious wagons" have I been following, exactly? The only one I can think of besides Claus's guilty results is Puta Puta, and if you're going to tell me that Gimbo did not deserve to die, then I don't know what to say.
HowardRoark wrote:If he were pro-town he would have played as such or requested replacement due to his RL schedule. (He said that he asked for replacements in all of his other games except this one.) He is a scum and he wants credit for pulling off this gambit!
This is really a very good point. From his post history, it looks like he was only in one other game at the time of this statement (Dictator Mafia, where he was town).
HowardRoark wrote:Post 1313: Another promise to post useful content, but hasn't noticed Claus's positive result on magisterrain. Oh wait, now he does and votes (two RL days later) in 1319.
IMHO, this is the most profound evidence that he isn't just busy, but is lurking scum!
This isn't. How does not noticing Claus result indicate that he's
not
busy? I don't get it.
HowardRoark wrote:
tubby216 (1353) wrote:i'll hold my breath watch as i turn purple.
Very interesting!
Just so I'm clear, are you suggesting that this post makes tubby more likely to be purple scum?
Adel wrote:I want Der Hamer, Carn Carn and HR dead by tomorrow.
Why am I not on this list, Adel?

Also, general question to everyone, why on earth have you let me off the hook so much today? Seriously.

I'd definitely rather lynch Der Hammer than CarnCarn, which appears to be what it's coming down to today. Aside from the fact that he's somehow manage to lurk this game even worse than me, and the little bit about asking for replacement in his other game, I'd like to draw attention to the end of D1 vote count:
The Fonz wrote:Seraphim (11): Claus, curiouskarmadog, Der Hammer, Natirasha, vollkan, Hoopla, OhGodMyLife,
magisterrian
, Yosarian2,
Xtomx
, Shanba, militant
Der Hammer (7): Xylthixlm, Seraphim, tubby216, Elmo, skitzer, Ectomancer, Iamausername
OhGodMyLife (2): farside22, Sir Tornado
Tubby216 (1): SensFan

Not voting: None
I've highlighted a couple of points that I find particularly relevant. magisterrain in particular was one of the most important votes in making Seraphim the lynch over Der Hammer. I think he's our purple scum.

Reds, I'd say OGML plus I'm not sure, but Yos or Adel seems most likely.

Vote: Der Hammer

Hi.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1651 (isolation #32) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by iamausername »

Adel wrote:competing wagons force lurkers to take a position.
Who are you talking about here? The only people who weren't already voting for either Der Hammer or CarnCarn were Der Hammer and CarnCarn themselves, and I'd think their positions on the matter would be fairly obvious.
HowardRoark wrote:The amazing chain of quotes there was the focus on curiouskarmadog that when pressured to provide evidence that tubby216 was part of the Florida mafia, you ignored it and switched presure to SensFan.
I'm still utterly failing to grasp what point you're making here.

a) I was focused on ckd
b) vollkan asked me why I thought tubby was non-Florida
c) I switched pressure to SensFan

What on Earth is making you think that c) happened
as a result of b)
? I don't even understand how that makes any sense at all, never mind what the implications of it are supposed to be.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (isolation #33) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:46 am

Post by iamausername »

Yeah, massclaim now. Does anyone care about an order, or should we just go whenever?
Adel wrote:I suspect that The Fonz didn't use symmetrical scum teams in this game.
Is there any reason for this besides it working as an explanation for why OGML never killed Der Hammer?
Yosarian2 wrote:Well...mafia doctors are possible, but if there's a failed vig kill, it'd be more likely it was on a nk-immune godfather, especally since purple mafia had a godfather.
With two cops, it seems likely that godfather = inv-immune, though. And I'm pretty sure it wouldn't mean inv-immune AND nk-immune, considering how frequently I've seen The Fonz bitching about how unfair it is to give both to SKs.

tubby, you followed Adel's vote for most of yesterday, but when she flipped back to Der Hammer in Post #1652, you didn't follow. Why not?

Adel, why did you hammer CarnCarn after Der Hammer had just proved that he had not flaked, and was in fact continuing to shamelessly lurk, as he has throughout the entire game?

Yos... I don't have anything in particular I want to ask you right now, besides the obvious "who is scum?" type of thing that everybody should be answering.

Der Hammer, would you care to actually play the game at any point today? If you are actually town, there is really zero chance that we'll win without your input.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (isolation #34) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Post by iamausername »

Yosarian2 wrote:Iamusername's der hammer vote yesterday seemed was pretty key, but it could have been bussing.
Which one of me, tubby and Adel was actually voting Der Hammer at the end of D5 (and also D1, for that matter)?

Whose vote do you write off as "could be bussing"?

How does that make sense?
Adel wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Still, I think the lynch today is either Iamusername or Tubby; I have trouble coming up with a probable scum group that dosn't inclue one of them.
I'm having trouble imagining a scum group that doesn't include Der Hammer.
Well, if we're all doing this, I'm having trouble seeing one that doesn't include Yosarian.
Adel wrote:tubby -- if you are town and I were scum I would lynch you at lylo. I would engineer a "choose one: tubby or Adel" choice for the other players, and I would beat you by being more active and more experienced at lylo.
How would you go about engineering that choice, exactly?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (isolation #35) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:44 pm

Post by iamausername »

Yosarian2 wrote:a situation where it looked like he was probably going to be lynched no matter what you did.
I think the fact that he, you know,
didn't get lynched
proves that there was no such situation.
Yosarian2 wrote:Adel attacked Der Hammer almost constnatly, and at one point almost turned a Carn Carn lynch into a Der Hammer lynch pretty much on her own. That's why I think your vote could be a bussing vote, and I think it's less likely her behavior was.
What about tubby?
Yosarian2 wrote:
iamausername wrote:Well, if we're all doing this, I'm having trouble seeing one that doesn't include Yosarian.
:eyebrow: Oh? Preytell?
I agree that Adel is probably not scum with DH/Seraphim. I think tubby is town. That leaves two possible pairs, and both include you.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1705 (isolation #36) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:42 am

Post by iamausername »

Vanilla townie. That was exciting.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1715 (isolation #37) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by iamausername »

tubby, who is scum?
Adel wrote:I'd much rather lynch Seraphim. His continued greater level of activity in other games just re-enforces the scumminess of Der Hammer's lurking and miller claim.
If Seraphim is scum, Yos is obviously his partner, y/n?
Seraphim wrote:
Adel wrote:@Seraphim: which possibility do you think is more likely?
1. OGML was killed to setup iamausername
2. OGML was killed by a scumgrup that includes iamausername
I think possibility 2 is more likely because it was unclear who OGML would vig that night. There was plenty of suspicion to go around and killing a suspected vig as soon as possible was probably the optimal scum play. Then, they could push whoever was left alive after the night.
What part of this isn't equally likely to have come from a scumgroup that doesn't include me?
Yosarian2 wrote:I'm actually pretty close to voting Iamusername right now, because the odds of him being town are small; I'm mostly just waiting for the massclaim at this point.
Massclaim's done, what are you waiting for now?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1719 (isolation #38) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by iamausername »

Seraphim wrote:Sorry, this didn't translate well. I think it's more likely that you are scum than you were set-up to look like scum today due to the large amount of targets possible to look like scum. OGML was the obvious vig and killing him was the optimal play.
I'm still finding the wording a bit confusing, but I think the gist is that killing the obv vig would be a much more pressing concern for the scumgroup than setting anyone up, regardless of its members. Is that right?
Yosarian2 wrote:Um...if Seraphim is scum, you seem like a pretty likely partner to him, considering your behavior in general and the timing of your vote on him, Iamusername. Same is true if Tubby is scum or if Adel is scum.
I was asking Adel. I think we can all take for granted that your answer to "is Yos Seraphim's partner?" would be 'no'.
Yosarian2 wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:I'm actually pretty close to voting Iamusername right now, because the odds of him being town are small; I'm mostly just waiting for the massclaim at this point.
Massclaim's done, what are you waiting for now?
I'm in no big rush; this is lynch or lose, after all, and most of the town is being frustratingly quiet; I want to get reactions out of everyone, try to get as much information as I can. Why, what's your rush?
No rush, I'm just wondering why you said "I'm actually pretty close to voting Iamusername right now" when that was apparently not true.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1739 (isolation #39) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by iamausername »

Adel wrote:6. since there are a total of 30 points, 16 points represents a true majority.
5 players * 3 points * 3 rounds = 45 points in total, not 30, no?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (isolation #40) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:57 pm

Post by iamausername »

2 points Yosarian, 1 point Seraphim.

Original Roll String: 1d2
1 2-Sided Dice: (1) = 1

1. Adel
2. tubby
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (isolation #41) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by iamausername »

It's clearly a three horse race at this point, so I guess 2 points Seraphim, 1 point tubby.

I'm not going to roll a one-sided die, that's just silly. Yos is up.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (isolation #42) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by iamausername »

I forgot about the 23 point threshold, I thought it was just whoever gets the most points that was important. If I'd remembered that, I probably wouldn't have given that one point to tubby last time. Oh well.

2 points Yos, 1 point Adel.

If the point I gave to tubby went to Yos instead, that comes back to my original planned distribution of points, before it became clear that nobody else was going to give anything to Yos or Adel.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (isolation #43) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:00 am

Post by iamausername »

Adel wrote:iamausername abandoned his Yos2 wagon more easily than I expected.
In the second round, I thought we were going to lynch whoever came out of it with the most points. When the time came for me to give my points in that round, it was obvious that there was zero chance that that was going to be Yos or Adel, so giving points to either would simply be throwing away my influence on the vote. I gave two to Seraphim, one to tubby, because I suspect Seraphim more than I suspect tubby, and I suspect tubby more than I suspect myself, and we were the only three lynches on the table.

Had I realised the existence of the point threshhold at that time, I'd have given 2 to Seraphim and 1 to Yos, making my final totals 5 to Yos, 3 to Seraphim, 1 to Adel. 5/3/1 to my top three suspects seemed like the best way to distribute points to represent my opinions.

But one thing this exercise has shown is that if the scumteam is Yos/Adel, town is screwed. That's a pretty big concern right now.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (isolation #44) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:34 am

Post by iamausername »

tubby216 wrote:well i really don't think adel is scum, cause if adel was scum adel would have already built a pretty nice case agianst me and i would have already been lynched. But since no such case has been made and i still exsist in this game adel must be town.
Why would scum Adel necessarily have to target
you
for the mislynch? Because she said so?
Adel wrote:
iamausername wrote: Had I realised the existence of the point threshhold at that time,
weren't you the one that pointed out my math error?
iamausername wrote:
Adel wrote:6. since there are a total of 30 points, 16 points represents a true majority.
5 players * 3 points * 3 rounds = 45 points in total, not 30, no?
oh yeah, you were.

vote:iamausername
Uh. Look, I don't know, maybe I saw "total of 30 points", thought that sounded wrong, didn't read the rest of the sentence because I was too busy working out that it was? I honestly have no idea how I managed to spot the error without the whole thing registering. That's really dumb. But seriously, why would I lie about that? What's the point? What the hell do I stand to gain from it?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1789 (isolation #45) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:46 am

Post by iamausername »

Adel wasn't even in the game on D1, though.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1798 (isolation #46) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by iamausername »

Adel wrote:he was thinking carefully about it, weighting options, but forgot everything else about it...
"forget everything else about it" is a huge stretch. I knew that everyone would be assigning a total of nine points each across three rounds, and that they could only assign a maximum of two to any one person in any round, and that the order of who would give point when would be decided by dice rolls and blah blah blah
everything about it besides the fact that over 23 points = lynch, not whoever had the most points = lynch

I fail to see how thinking carefully and weighting options is in any way mutually exclusive with missing that one detail.
Adel wrote:He just rolls over and is willing to lynch Seraphim.
I was the second to last person to assign my points on round two, and Yos was last. That means that Adel, tubby, and Seraphim had all gone through two rounds without any of them giving a single point to Yosarian. If the point system was going to be used to decide the lynch there was
absolutely nothing
I could have done to get Yos lynched at that point.
tubby wrote:the point is i was and every day that hasn't been a cop outing a scum i have been considered for that days lynch, it doesn't take much to get a tubby wagon goin, its like dollar days at walmart everybody runs to that sale.
Adel replaced in on N4, so we're only looking at yesterday here. I'm looking through it, and I don't see anybody chomping at the bit to get a tubby wagon going. Adel did, in fact, vote you, before she'd read the thread and apparently in a semi-joking manner. Ectomancer voted you. No one else showed any interest in a tubby lynch. I'm not seeing how that constitutes "tubby wagon was ready and waiting, and just needed a little push from Adel to tip it over the edge".

Also, from looking through D5 again:
Adel wrote:@tuby, I'm thinking that you are town. I normally wouldn't tell you, but I think that there are only a few of us left, and we need to work together.
When and why did you change your mind about this, Adel?
Yosarian2 wrote:That's weak, Adel. Why would scum want to bus in lynch or lose?
Same reason they'd want to bus any other time. To throw the town off their scent.

I think every time I've been scum in 5p lylo, I've attacked my partner. If Adel's done any looking into my past games at all, I'm sure she's noticed this trend.
Seraphim wrote:
iamausername wrote:Adel wasn't even in the game on D1, though.
This sounds like flailing...it's trying to discredit an argument by pointing out one part instead of the entire post.
I thought tubby was saying that he thought Adel was town because if she was scum, she'd have got him lynched on D1. The fact that Adel wasn't in the game on D1 seemed like pretty pertinent information in that situation.
Where is the "flailing"?
Seraphim wrote:I suppose what he's saying is that if Adel was scum, she would be attacking him like crazy, which may have some validity to it.
You "suppose" he's saying? So do you agree that tubby's meaning was not clear?

And I don't think it has any validity, Adel is not nearly that predictable.
Adel wrote:I theory has you and iamausername settling on Seraphim or tubby for today's lynch for the win.
If you think he's my partner, would you be willing to vote Yos today?
Adel wrote:tubby is right. Unless I am scum with him, I would probably do onto him as I did onto SensFan in mini 650
Or maybe you'd do something different, and then hold up the fact that you're not doing what you did to Sens as proof that you must not be scum here.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1804 (isolation #47) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by iamausername »

Adel wrote:how would you describe the process by which I lynched SensFan?
You kept on digging up every minor infraction you could find faster than he could respond to them all to create an overwhelming sense that he was 'proven' scum.

The reason it worked so well in that game was down to a) general apathy resulting from a game that been going nowhere for far too long, and b) a clear dislike on a personal level that existed between SensFan and some members of the town (namely Corvuus and myself). If it mean getting rid of someone irritating, and getting some actual progress in the game, we weren't going to bother looking to hard at all your walls of text.

I think b) is a key factor that's missing in this game which would make it harder.
Adel wrote:How hard would it have been for me to lynch tubby?
Harder than it would have been to lynch Der Hammer or CarnCarn.
Adel wrote:tubby's playstyle is changing. He is evolving into a general lurker. I still think he is town, but I am less confident than I was when I first replaced in.
That's delightfully vague. And if you still think he is town, why did he get more points from you than anyone but Seraphim?
Adel wrote:I have not compiled a meta on iamausername yet.
Adel wrote:the same reason I nk'd you in mini 650 -- i think you are hard to fool as town in end game.
What gave you the impression that I am "hard to fool as town in end game", if not meta analysis?
Yosarian2 wrote:Anyone else read this as "Hey, I'm scum and I think I'm going to get lynched today; let me see if I can link myself to Yos here so my real partner can manipulate Adel into voting for Yos tommorow"?
I'd like to think I'd be a bit more subtle than that.

@Adel:
iamausername wrote: If you think he's my partner, would you be willing to vote Yos today?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1806 (isolation #48) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by iamausername »

Adel wrote:To see how strong his wagon could get. I consider him to be the easiest person in the game to lynch, and I was curious who else was willing to place points on him. You bit.
So you were testing to see how easy it would be to form a wagon on tubby
for the good of the town
?

I expressed a preference for tubby's lynch over my own, which is a position I stand by. That's not quite the same thing as actively trying to get him lynched.
Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:I have not compiled a meta on iamausername yet.
Adel wrote:the same reason I nk'd you in mini 650 -- i think you are hard to fool as town in end game.
What gave you the impression that I am "hard to fool as town in end game", if not meta analysis?
The meta I built on you for 650 that game was for you as town in endgame, and powerrole tells. I knew you weren't scum (since I was) so I looked at your town games.
Well, I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I'm hard to fool in endgame, because I think I have been more often than not, but otherwise, this makes sense.
Adel wrote:
@Adel:
iamausername wrote: If you think he's my partner, would you be willing to vote Yos today?
sorry, missed it. Not especially, but I am willing for someone other than you to sell me on the idea.
Which you know is not going to happen.
iamausername wrote:But one thing this exercise has shown is that
if the scumteam is Yos/Adel, town is screwed.
That's a pretty big concern right now.
Welp.

Vote: Yosarian2
anyway. Probably should have just gone ahead and done this earlier instead of trying to goad him into voting me first. Live and learn.

I'm going to bed, I'll be surprised if I'm still alive when I wake up. Goodnight.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1808 (isolation #49) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by iamausername »

Unvote
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1811 (isolation #50) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by iamausername »

Sorry, I didn't realise you were still here too.

I saw that Adel and Seraphim were both online, and I wanted confirmation on whether they're the scum or not, because the possibility has been nagging at me since Adel started tying us together.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1812 (isolation #51) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by iamausername »

Seraphim wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:...Interesting, Iamusername. Why the unvote?
IT'S A TRAP!
Yeah.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1814 (isolation #52) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by iamausername »

Adel wrote:he is at lynch -1
Not for long, I imagine.