Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1844 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Netlava »

Hello everyone, beginning the read now. :P

First page so far and spyrex gets off to a bad start.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1845 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Netlava »

Gah this is tougher than I thought

I'm going to try read to read the thread backwards instead after losing focus ~15

Initial thoughts,

SpyreX active early [good] but much of it was meta discussion
SpyreX sometimes thinks someone town when they hardly even posted e.g. manito, gimbo!?
shadowgirl is lurktastic d1, makes a small comment on FL, but doesn't even give an opinion [scummy, yet typical of SG]
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Netlava »

Um give me time, I haven't even finished reading yet.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Netlava »

Armlx
: I can see where he's coming from with most of his points and can follow his line of thought. Not really any scum tells to point out. He hasn't really given me a warm townie feeling, though, so I'll have to lean neutral/town on him.

Joubert/ThAdmiral
: Joubert didn't post too much. He brought up a good point about the forbiddan wagon. ThAdmiral hasn't posted too much either. Some more posts/opinions would be nice. Neutral.

Killa 7
:
killa 7 wrote:vote forbiddanlight
please dont vote yourself and hunt scum thanks.
Inconsistent vote here.
killa 7 wrote:great the new guy joined the best wagon to avoid conflict Sad
your willin to join to avoid conflict, great nice vote scumbag.
The term "scumbag" seems to be tossed out arbitrarily here, seemingly without killa 7 having suspicions of orange.

Overall, killa 7 is hard to read because of his posting style. Neutral/scum.

SpyreX
:
SpyreX wrote:Good lord town, are we going to be this scummy out of the gate?
Don't like this type of post, but more importantly, it assumes that the actions so far are down by scummy townies, and not scum.
SpyreX wrote: Now I have no idea. Selfvoting when most people haven't even voted for you doesn't make any sense and you're just hurting the town. Take a step back, look at the game as a whole.

I can't see doing this as a town at this point but I sure cant see why a scum woudl either
Inconsistent POV.
SpyreX wrote:I think manito is town as this point, BUT (bolded added for emphasis):
Not sure how he could arrive at this conclusion when manito's hardly posted.
SpyreX wrote:I, still, think he's town but lord the gameplay has went down since the lynch.
Same. This post is about gimbo btw.
SpyreX wrote:All in all, I dont like the way its went down. If we're wrong about forbid, there's definitely going to be some eyes that way.
Sets up future suspicions.
SpyreX wrote:Want a meta? Sure. Here's my meta: Meta's are retarded.
Contradicts his use of meta in his analysis:
SpyreX wrote:Now, I honestly haven't played enough to get a good read on Gimbo, but from what I HAVE played with him I would not be surprised at all if, as town, he came in and saw he got to hammer and did it.
Plus, I don't agree with his stance on meta. I'm not sure if he rejects the use of meta in every game he plays. This has a sinister side in that it could be a good way to get people with scummy metas lynched.
SpyreX wrote:K7's play has been unhelpful and his comments have been, well, scummy.
Inconsistent. Shortly earlier, he called killa a lurker lynch.
SpyreX wrote:See my problem. I, this game, dont find Corin to be scummy. However, I find FaerieLord and K7 to be - and both of them have had at least one person defend the actions based on "meta". Thats ridiculous and encourages bad play.
Another inconsistency.
SpyreX wrote:3.) Killer 7 - Scummy as all getout, yet a "random" lynch at best. Reason: Scummy is his meta.
His increasing of killa each time "scumminess" seems kinda mechanical. Just doesn't feel right to me. Also, see above contradictions.
SpyreX wrote: STOP
Hammertime!
Unvote, Vote: KoC
Scummy. I'm a fan of humorous hammers too, but as town I would not be comfortable hammering like that without being resolute in my decision.
SpyreX wrote:Hell, most of your case on me is assumptions flavored with delicious OMGUS and you're doing it again.
Not a fan of how he repeatedly uses OMGUS to dismiss entire cases.
SpyreX wrote:Sad : Manito
Not sure what you're saying here.
SpyreX wrote:I am NOT saying ANYTHING about the cases on either Manito or LlamaFluff.
Well, I think having that sad face and highlighting a couple bits of manito's play must mean something. What do you have to say about Manito?

Overall, plenty of inconsistensies to go around.
Vote: SpyreX

Gimbo/Llamafluff
: Gimbo didn't do anything of note.

Anyways, I'm looking at LF's posts in isolation now, and let's just say I'll do the rest later.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1865 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Netlava »

SpyreX wrote:Net, I like what you're doin. I hope you continue.
Better be! :P That said, though, this feels like an attempt to throw me off your trail.
Don't like this type of post, but more importantly, it assumes that the actions so far are down by scummy townies, and not scum.
Ohh, it could have been a mix of both. The "we" in that case refered to the game as a whole - I HATE it when its hard to pickup on scummy behavior because everyone decides to be scummy.
Still strange, though, since the normal course of action would be to attack such scummy actions.
Inconsistent POV.
I'm not seeing the inconsistency.
For forbiddan to hurt the town ("you're just hurting the town") with a self vote, she would have to be town. Thus, it's inconsistent with thinking her scum.
Same. This post is about gimbo btw.
I thought he was town - although I will explain more why this is a BAD IDEA on my part and I am sorry about it in retrospect. I'm still not sure what you're aimin for - it is simply a gut feeling.
Sometimes, scum may arbitrarily decide someone town before enough content has been posted. I usually check whether the conclusion (player x is town) follows or not.

Also, I'm curious why it is a bad idea now.
Inconsistent. Shortly earlier, he called killa a lurker lynch.
With full context, I hope it makes a little more sense. K7's comments have been scummy. However, the one actual thing he did I didn't find scummy - so I felt it was being PUSHED as a lurker lynch. In a last minute scramble the fact he'd been kinda scummy makes it far superior to a no-lynch.
If killa's comments were scummy, it would be strange to think his lynch a lurker lynch.
I'm not OMGUSin' this. Although, I'll admit if I dont see this level of detail on other suspects I'd be a little tempted.
Odd comment to make.
I'm still not sold on him being scum, but that exchange and the points above is :(. Hence, the :(.
Strange substitute.

Analysis continued soon.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1880 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Netlava »

SpyreX wrote:Not really - if I dont see this level of analysis on other players as you come in I'll question the intergity of your analysis as a whole - which would make me wonder if it was scummy by nature.
The problem with this comment is that it is preemptive. By hinting that I should conform to a certain mold before it actually occurs, it comes off as being manipulative.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1886 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Netlava »

Ok, first, some add-ons to other cases:
SpyreX wrote:I still have a small FoS on killa, but having played a game with him I could see his explanation as him doing that as town.
Another use of meta.

LlamaFluff
: I'll have to look through his posts again after I'm done this since his posts are long but nothing in particular stuck out to me. He clearly indicates who his suspects are from the beginning so this is good. Plus, I like his case on manito. Neutral/town.

TSPN
: Not too many posts, but I'm going to go with a town read with him. Mostly because he complains about the k7's playstyle which I agree with and it seems geniune. Town/neutral.

Dcorbe/OP
: Dcorbe left a good early game impression. OP seems ok. Sorry, I'm getting lazy because manito is next... Neutral/town.

Manito
:
I'm not keen on changing my random vote until more scumminess is demonstrated unequivocally...
Odd.
I'm with Armlx on this one, and to quote the old addage - LAL.
Calls forbiddan a liar and no vote?
That's exactly what I'm saying, and exactly what he said - he said he was only voting for himself in order to "get the scum to come out" - it's poor play to lie unless you're mafia - when you're town the best weapon you have is the truth, so the biggest question on my mind is why pull a stunt like this as town, it serves no benefit.
This post explains his LAL post. Explanation does not match what he was saying earlier.
I couldn't agree more with this post. They are both fishy as hell...
"Fishy as hell" and still no vote.
forbiddanlight, I can see your point when you say the primary focus at the moment seems to be on how you're defending yourself based off the attacks currently being made against you, and that no one is focusing on the whole reason and wrongness/rightness of why you were attacked in the first place. While I don't want to necessarily detract from the current discussion, what we should be ultimately looking at here, folks, is whether her attempts to (as she puts it) oust or rile a mafia into attacking her were one of two things:

(1) was it successful in revealing mafia?

and

(2) whether was it a (a)scum tactic to throw suspicion off a partner, or a (b)town tactic to incite action from scum - was the action itself too questionable in execution to exclude part (a)?
I think Llamafluff explained why this post was scummy so consult that. I'll find and requote it later if necessary (for the lazy). To summarize, these questions contradict his previous stances.
Sorry about the long post, someone finally gave me a reason to expound a little more...
Again, LF explains why this is scummy so consult that. Basically, he doesn't post too much, but once he gets questioned he launches large pbp posts.
So you're on your second post, a new replacement in the game, trying to run in and tell everyone what to do and how to think? Giving advice to people to NOT give advice? Who died and made you king?
Irrelevant factor that he treats as a scum tell. Seems like scum using everything he can find.
Generally speaking I get a town feel, but the "tough love" could be a cover for more sinister motives. 55/45 town/scum on k7.
No idea where you got the town feel. He's been scummy, and his only saving grace is his meta. Also the overall analysis ignores the portion where you called him "fishy as hell."
Because K7 was at the bottom of my list?
Being the 3rd option on a LoS is vote-worthy. It's part of the love and care that goes into making those lists, or else there's no reason to have a 3 person list of suspicion set in stone yet.
I haven't been on a lynch at all? Did you two miss D2.5?
The expected response here would be to point out why not being on a town lynch is not scummy. Pointing out d2 and d5 shows a desire to prove oneself.
Do you not remember WHY K7 was on my "list"? He was on my list because I didn't have anyone else who was particularly scummy at that point, so K7 AND Joubert were both my #2 suspects merely for being lurkers.
Again this is really inconsistent.

Scum read on Manito. I'll do SC later, but I re-read killa and have some more points I want to point out later too. And even though I haven't posted my analysis of SC yet, I don't recall anything in particular from him in my thread read through, so I'm going to go ahead and say that
Manito, SpyreX, and killa7
are the scum and I'll be willing to vote any of those 3.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Netlava »

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1922 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Netlava »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1988 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Netlava »

Sweet! Now I don't have to do my read through of SC.

I'm not sure why killa 7 is not in the game. He's on the player list.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Netlava »

Anyways, I will be voting SpyreX or Manito. Killa 7 is my 3rd suspect, though hopefully he (or his replacement) can post more so I can get a better read.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1991 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Netlava »

What's your stance on killa?
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2012 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:06 pm

Post by Netlava »

This should be a good start.

Vote: SpyreX
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2020 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Netlava »

Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2059 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Netlava »

I'm up for a manito lynch too. What does everyone think of a manito lynch?

K7 is my 3rd choice and I will vote him if he has a wagon. What does everyone think of a k7 lynch?
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2061 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Netlava »

Killa 7 it is then. That way we can save ssf the trouble of finding a replacement. Would prefer to hear his replacement talk, but I don't feel like waiting.

Unvote, vote: killa 7
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2078 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Netlava »

Daykill: SpyreX
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2086 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Netlava »

K7 is scum, is why the votes jumped I guess? Who knows??
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2119 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Netlava »

Unvote, vote: SpyreX

Still my top choice.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2120 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Netlava »

TSPN is mia since a game he was modding has been abandoned btw.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2131 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Netlava »

SpyreX wrote:If the scum were Arm, LF and I... ohh what a world.
Second time you've mentioned this. I'm not sure whether you are encouraging the idea of such a scum team or are just laughing at the town, but either way it's scummy.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2152 (isolation #21) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Netlava »

It appears a couple of replacements are in order.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2153 (isolation #22) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by Netlava »

Manito wrote:Yeah, when you're a renter, you usually give 30 days (4 weeks) notice so you don't get charged fees at move-out Smile Notice was given on the 8th of October. My last day of work at the store I am currently at is tomorrow, then I have Friday - Wednesday to get moved in and situated, as well as getting the place I'm moving out of clean. We've been packing pretty hard the last week or so, which is why I've been much more quiet unfortunately. I've barely touched the computer except to quickly read/check for new posts/developments. I'll try to check regularly the next few days but I'll be moving the computer at the same time. If my internet isn't set up fast at the new place, our good friends (right next door) will I'm sure let me use their computer to check on stuff.
Long post about lack of internet is access = scummy, when a simple comment will do.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2195 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Netlava »

k, sounds good to me
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2218 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by Netlava »

I liked the "et tu" :P

But I would have saw that as scummy if I were playing.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2220 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Netlava »

I replaced FL.

Arm/LF/k7 is it I think.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2229 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by Netlava »

It's probably LF-K7-Manito then. LF seems to like continuously bussing his scumbuddy.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2240 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Netlava »

Process of elim means CF/LF/Manito

Well, gg. :P Surprising ending!
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2258 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Netlava »

LF wrote:The one thing I was surprised at was why everyone went for spyrex and not me.

Your posts are so long that I can't be bothered to read them. I don't recall seeing any scumtells from you either, but I'll have to go back and re-read.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”