Mini 1062 - The Lies of Locke Lamora (game over!)

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 1062 - The Lies of Locke Lamora (game over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

The Lies of Locke Lamora

Mod: Locke Lamora

Back-up: CallMeLiam

Reviewed by: mykonian and CallMeLiam

Chapter 1 - News of the Traitors

It was the eighth hour of another hot morning in the month of Parthis and Camorr was beginning to spring into life. Merchants poled their boats slowly around the Shifting Market, already calling and coaxing passers-by into sampling their wares. On Coin-Kisser's Row, the money-lenders, traders and speculators prepared for another frenzied day that was mere commonplace in Camorr's financial circles. Across the city, pickpockets and thieves were already scoping out targets, identifying tourists and merchants who would prove to be rich and easy pickings. And up in Raven's Reach, the tallest of the Five Towers, Duke Nicovante, ruler of Camorr, was having a troubling conversation.

“So, Officer Piccari, you mean to tell me that someone is plotting to take control of Camorr?” asked the Duke, glaring at the officer who had been dispatched to bring him the news.

“Well...um...that is to say...yes, my Duke,” stammered the terrified Piccari, shifting uncomfortably from foot to foot.

“And you have failed to identify these traitors?” continued the Duke, a stern edge coming into his voice.

“Thus far we...ah...we have been...unable to do so, my Duke.”

“Unacceptable!” roared Nicovante. “Can you at least tell me something of this threat?” Piccari stood in silence for several seconds, mouth moving soundlessly until the Duke seized a book from his table.

“We...we know they're hiding in Camorr!” he cried, holding up an arm to shield himself. The Duke stared at him incredulously.

“Of course they're hiding in Camorr, you imbecile! They wouldn't be doing a very good job of overthrowing me if they were trying to do it from Tal fucking Verrar, would they?” Nicovante began to pace the room, trying to diminish his apoplexy a little in order to think more clearly. Piccari stood uncomfortably in silence, waiting for further instruction, until the Duke finally stopped pacing and fixed him with an icy stare.

“What...are your orders?” ventured Piccari cautiously.

“These traitors must be hiding amongst the people, Piccari. Someone must have noticed something, heard something, they may be receiving help from a Camorri. They might even be Camorri.”

“What are you saying, my Duke?”

“Order a hanging. Not just on Penance Day, every day. Let the people know that there are traitors in their midst and the Duke requires their help to protect Camorr. They must choose who hangs from the Black Bridge.”

“The people? But, my Duke...”

“Enough, Piccari! The people of Camorr should wish to protect their city and I have great faith in their ability to flush out the traitors. Besides,” he added with a half-smile, “Fear and self-preservation are powerful motivations.”

“As...as you wish, my Duke. The arrangements will be made.” Piccari saluted and turned on his heel, striding out of the Duke's study. The Duke walked over to the window and looked out over the streets and canals of Camorr, hundreds of feet below.

“This is my city,” he declared to the sprawl of Camorr. “You won't be able to hide forever.”

Spoiler:
Ruling Camorr (3/12)
don_johnson
Skyquiem
The Grey King, Anatolius-Aligned Wraithstone Godfather
, won in endgame.
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
The Falconer, Anatolius-Aligned Manipulative Bondsmage
, won in endgame.
ThAdmiral,
Cheryn & Raiza Berangias, Anatolius-Aligned Strongwomen
, won in endgame.

At the mercy of the Twelve - or Thirteenth (8/12)
palmertrou,
The Thiefmaker, Camorr-Aligned Location Blocker,
hung from the Black Bridge D1.
MacavityLock,
Locke Lamora, Camorr-Aligned False-Facing Finder
, stabbed to death in the Temple District N1.
a2rudeboy,
Jessaline D'Aubert, Camorr-Aligned Black Alchemist
, hung from the Black Bridge D2.
charter
MichelSableheart
Jean Tannen, Camorr-Aligned Bulletproof Vigilante
, stabbed to death in the Five Towers N2.
Parama,
Bug, Camorr-Aligned Lookout
hung from the Black Bridge D3.
Coach Travis,
Capa Vencarlo Barsavi, Camorr-Aligned Threshold Changer
, killed in endgame.
jenniwren,
The Spider, Camorr-Aligned Inquisitive Jailkeeper
, killed in endgame
Furcolow,
Dona Sofia Salvara, Camorr-Aligned Bewitching Beauty
, killed in endgame

Gentled (1/12)
Benmage, Calo Sanza, ?????, gentled by Wraithstone in the Temple District D2.
Last edited by Locke Lamora on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 13 times in total.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Rules

General

1. Keep it civil (or as civil as you can when you're trying to kill each other :P). Don't resort to personal attacks and insults.
2. No talking about the game anywhere other the game thread, unless I have explicitly stated otherwise.
3. No quoting your role PM or any other communication with me. You may paraphrase if necessary.
4. Any of the above may be punished by a modkill and your status changed to neutral survivor, at my discretion.
5. If you have any queries, think I've made a mistake or there's anything else you need clarifying, post in bold in the thread or PM me.

Voting, lynching and deadlines

1. Days will have fixed 2-week deadlines.
2. Votes must be bolded and in the form
Vote: Locke Lamora
. You may vote No Lynch in the same way.
3. Unvotes are not required but are appreciated.
4. A lynch will occur at n/2 + 1 vote then rounded down, where n is the number of players currently alive. Once a lynch is achieved, votes may not be changed.
5. No majority at deadline means no lynch.
6. Once a majority has been reached, the game enters twilight until I post the end of day scene and lock the thread. You may continue to talk during twilight.

Night

1. Nights will have 48-hour deadlines. Actions not submitted by the deadline will not be performed. You may change your choice of action as many times as you wish, providing you submit your new choice before the deadline.
2. Night actions will be determined by Natural Action Resolution.

Activity and Replacements

1. A post is expected every 48 hours. If you do not post in that time, you will be prodded. I reserve the right to force-replace you after three prods.
2. If you are going to be V/LA for longer than 48 hours, please declare it in the thread in bold. If you have V/LA declared in your sig, please direct me to it by declaring it in the thread. If you wish to declare V/LA at night, PM me.
3. Extensions may be granted in particular circumstances, such as for replacements close to deadline. In that situation, this would be in the form of a 48-hour extension from the time the replacement enters the game. Nights may also be extended to find replacements.

Game-Specific

1. Roles can have active and passive abilities. Active abilities are those which require a choice from a player to perform. Passive abilities will resolve without any involvement from a player.
2. Each character in this game will have a location at which they are based. Some actions will require travelling to different locations in Camorr.
3. Finally, don't forget that this is Camorr; many of its inhabitants may have the ability to manipulate or deceive. Although this game is based on the book, I am making no guarantees that everything will match the book precisely. Make flavour and role-based assumptions at your own risk!

Locations

The following locations may or may not be the base locations of roles in the game. All of the locations in use in the game are present in the following.

1. Alcegrante
2. The Cauldron
3. Coin-Kisser's Row
4. The Five Towers
5. Fountain Bend
6. Shades Hill
7. The Snare
8. The Temple District
9. The Wooden Waste

Sample Role PM

Welcome to Camorr. You are
Duke Nicovante
, ruler of Camorr. The news of traitors in the city has enraged you and you have ordered the people to select a candidate for hanging each day, in the hope of discovering those who wish to control your city.

Active Abilities:
Duke's Decree - you're the most powerful person in Camorr, so you can tell the people to do whatever you want, whenever you want; much like you just did, in fact.

You win when all threats to Camorr are eliminated.
Thanks

All credit for the flavour in this game must go to Scott Lynch, who wrote this fantastic book.
Last edited by Locke Lamora on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:50 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

All role PMs have been sent out. Once 11/12 people have confirmed, I will open the thread and the game will begin.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Chapter 2 - The Search Begins

Officer Piccari stood with a group of his fellow yellowjackets and nervously eyed the crowd amassed in front of the Palace of Patience. Thousands of faces stared back at him and he was worried that not a single one was going to like what they were about to hear.

"Sir, do I have to make the announcement? Wouldn't it sound better coming from someone more...senior?" His superior laughed and shook his head.

"Do you think I'm mad, Piccari? I'm not telling these people that they've got to start hanging each other. You got the order from the Duke, we assembled the people, now you get to tell them." Piccari sighed, then turned and stepped up onto the podium and raised a hand to signify that the announcement was about to begin.

"People of Camorr!" he cried. "I bring a declaration from Duke Nicovante!" He unrolled the parchment he had with him and cleared his throat. "Troubling news has reached us of traitors in the city." Murmurs broke out in the crowd, Piccari waiting until full attention was back on him before continuing. "The Duke is aware of their presence and efforts to apprehend them are already well under way. However, the Duke needs your assistance. We believe that the traitors are hiding amongst the good people of Camorr. We suspect that they may be getting help from Camorri, or even be Camorri." The murmurs grew to a loud babble; already Piccari could see people eyeing neighbours and friends suspiciously. Piccari's commanding officer stepped forward.

"ORDER!" he yelled, in an impressively authoritative fashion. To Piccari's surprise, the people mostly quietened down and turned to listen again.

"In order to help your magnificent Duke," Piccari continued, not looking up to see if anyone had rolled their eyes, "we would like you to help him discover the traitors by identifying candidates for a public hanging. Keep your eyes and ears open and, if you note suspicious activity alerting you to the presence of the traitors, put their names forward and the City Watch will deal with them. Whoever has been identified as the most likely traitor will be hung from the Black Bridge at Falselight. Thankyou for your time." As the babble of voices turned to a cacophony of shouting and screaming, Piccari seized the parchment and half-ran off the podium, back into the security of the Palace of Patience, not waiting to see what manner of chaos had broken out behind him. The Duke's plan was underway; Piccari just hoped that it would actually help them catch the traitors and not just lead to innocent Camorri getting hung.

It is now D1. With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, October 12th at 9 AM GMT.

Robbnva has not picked up his role PM and I am looking for a replacement.

jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:06 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Awesome flavor so far.

Vote: Coach Travis
Because old habits die hard. :mrgreen:
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:22 pm

Post by Furcolow »

vote: coach travis

sure, why not
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:00 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

ThAdmiral replaces Robbnva.

Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Vote:jenniwren
, because she believed a fake cop claim against me when I was a townie tracker.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:28 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Touche...but to be fair...I was a hider and had hidden behind him the night before, so I knew he was town and had no reason to doubt him, lol. Man, we got played in that game.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:53 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

confirm'd

vote: macavitylock, because if I'm not mistaken Macavity is the evil cat in cats...

(my girlfriend made me watch it)
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:53 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

What I meant to say was
vote: macavitylock
Don't ask me to provide self meta
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Post by jenniwren »

I've seen
Cats
. Twice. What are you trying to say, hrrm?
Daughter of the Forest
~
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 am

Post by Parama »

vote: Furcolow

If we have a dayvig, this guy should be shot.
Otherwise can we please lynch him?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:40 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

VOTE: Benmage

Hi, Ben.
Parama wrote:
vote: Furcolow

If we have a dayvig, this guy should be shot.
Otherwise can we please lynch him?
Whyzat?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:45 am

Post by Parama »

Have you ever played with Furcolow before?
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:58 am

Post by MacavityLock »

ThAdmiral wrote:vote: macavitylock, because if I'm not mistaken Macavity is the evil cat in cats...

(my girlfriend made me watch it)
Watch it? It's all about the poem, man, not the musical.

Here's the thing:
Macavity's a Mystery Cat: he's called the Hidden Paw
For he's the master criminal who can defy the Law.
He's the bafflement of Scotland Yard, the Flying Squad's despair:
For when they reach the scene of crime--Macavity's not there!

Quite appropriate for the theme, wouldn't you say?

VOTE: ThAdmiral

May be a bit prickly of me, but I will not have anybody besmirch my good (user)name!
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:58 am

Parama wrote:Have you ever played with Furcolow before?
Uh, no.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:44 am

Post by palmertrou »

:rolls a dice in his head and it turns up 9 (odd seeing it only has 6 sides):

I'll decide that that correspondes to DDD

Who here has played with Jack?

Vote: Debonair Danny DiPietro
Reminder to self. Don't post drunk.
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Skyquiem »

Yo! :P

Vote: Parama

Why would we want to lynch someone on those grounds???
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:49 am

Post by Parama »

Sky - Policy Lynch. Unless someone has a dayvig, we should just flat-out lynch this guy because he will DESTROY us if he's town.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:18 am

Post by MacavityLock »

A question we should get out of the way early: Who has fluff knowledge? I've read both books thus far, and I've got to say, I liked the first
substantially
more than the second.

Parama, I've seen much worse VIs than Furc. On a scale of 1-10, how serious are you about the policy lynch?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:19 am

Post by MacavityLock »

palmertrou wrote:Who here has played with Jack?
Oh, also, where did this question come from? And, yes, I have.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:15 am

Post by Parama »

Until a better lynch candidate arises, my vote's staying on Furc.
A better lynch candidate = someone being really scummy in ways that agree with.
Which will probably happen within 72 hours. But until then, policy lynch.
So let's say 7/10.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:17 am

palmertrou wrote:Who here has played with Jack?
Me. Strange question though.
MacavityLock wrote:A question we should get out of the way early: Who has fluff knowledge? I've read both books thus far, and I've got to say, I liked the first
substantially
more than the second.
That's because the first book was so good that there's no chance the second could match it. I was going to say it's the best new series I've read in the last five years, but then I came up with Ravirn, Codex Alara, and Nathaniel Cade and I couldn't say if it was better than all of them. Still fantastic though and I'm waiting for book 3.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Coach Travis »

I've read book 1, so I have a ton of knowledge about that one, but for some reason I got sidetracked and only read 100 pages of book 2. Sooner or later I'll read the whole thing though, as I loved the first book, and the second one was also looking good.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”