Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Gorgon »

My reasons for voting Rigel?

- He started off by saying that the vig kill was lucky for scum, and speculating about the existence of a doc.

- Post 3: "I'm going to try and see if I can pick out any scum via a re-read." Promising to reread in order to 'pick out scum' is something I've done myself as scum.

- Post 5: "Akonas: I don't feel that you're playing very pro-town. There have been many instances throughout the game where you've been criticized for your actions, and you never really seem to defend yourself. " ... merely a restatement of the fact that Akonas had been 'criticized'. Although I must admit that Rigel made some good points in that point, especially regarding Boggzie. The fact remains that Rigel ended up 'voting' for Akonas, on what I don't see what are strong grounds.

- Followed opie a lot of the time, although he did admit it. Generally was prone to rehash others' opinions.

My top suspect right now has to be Elias. I don't feel that Boggzie was very useful in this game; I've been in a game with him before, and he was much more assertive and aggressive back then. His "Incorrect vibes" comment was also quite bad, IMO. Also, Elias ended up voting scum hasdgfas on some pretty weak grounds, while explicitly stating that it looked like he was getting lynched anyway. Looks to me like likely last-minute distancing.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:12 am

Post by Gorgon »

Sorry, busy past few days for me.
Elias_the_thief wrote:In response to Gorgons suspicion, I'd like to remind you that from the beginning Hasdgfas was in my group of maybe vote fors, which was pretty small. There was nothing last minute about my vote. I said that I didnt really like the case on him, this is because it was weak. My main reason for voting him was that he was scum with me in that previous game and knew that NKing Spider was a good choice. It could well have been the others from that previous game, but the fact that he was scum in that game made me think that he would appreciate the usefulness of the kill more.
I'm fully aware that your vote was in accordance with something you had said earlier in the game. This doesn't change the fact that the actual vote was pretty last-minute.
Holy wrote:About my speculation whether there's an SK or not based by Akonas' saying about more than one scum-group, I think I'll drop that for now because 2 nights in a row it wasn't proven, so my stance towards Akonas right now is - neutral.
There's only been one night in this game ...
farside22 wrote:Elias - At first I thought it an odd thing for the Mod to put two people as scum in a game that was scum before ...
The distribution of roles is usually random. If there were some other factors at work, like what roles people had in previous games, people could use this in order to infer about roles.

Holy is acting weird. I agree that she needs to state her thoughts, even though they're based on gut. It's still input, and the fact that she's reluctant to speak up is quite suspicious to me.

Regarding the farside22/hascow connection, I can agree it appears to be there, kinda. First, farside votes hascow for immunity and gets flak for it, and then later she turns around and votes him, based on 'gut'. Possible distancing indeed. However, in the meantime hascow voted farside22 for immunity, because he 'liked what she had said so far'. Would he really be that obvious?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Gorgon »

opie wrote:Gorgon, there have been two night phases. There was Night 0/Day 1/Night 1/Day 2.
Ah yes. I forgot about the night start - probably because I wasn't there for it. :P
Elias_the_thief wrote:
Gorgon wrote: However, in the meantime hascow voted farside22 for immunity, because he 'liked what she had said so far'. Would he really be that obvious?
Hello WIFOM. How are you today?
You're right ... I did fall into WIFOM there. hascow
could
have been that obvious in order to make people think that he wouldn't be that obvious, etc. Nothing can be ruled out in this regard.

I think farside22 is being very defensive with regards to her supposed connection with hasdgfas. I don't see this as townish behaviour - although defending oneself from accusations is normal, focusing solely on defense is not pro-town.

Of the two arguers, farside and Elias, I think Elias is looking slightly better right now.
Holy wrote:@Gorgon: You chose Rigel over hasdgfas or Akonas. Upon you read, what actually your opinion (your level of suspicion) on them before the election phase?
I didn't see that big of a case against hasdgfas ... his question about the voting was semi-suspicious, and so was the fact that he said "The case against me is based solely upon blablala" (A scumtell in my book), but overall, he wasn't the scummiest player Day 1, IMO. Rigel was, and that's why I voted Rigel (This sentence is sponsored by Captain Obvious).

Akonas gives me a very townish vibe - he's verbal ... he puts himself out there ... he pushes people ... he encourages conversation. He could of course be scum, but he gets the benefit of the doubt for now, in my book.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:11 am

Post by Gorgon »

Just a heads up. I'm still alive and all, but I'll be bogged down at a workshop all day. I'll try to post stuff tonight.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Gorgon »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
Holy wrote:
Immunity: farside22.
reasoning?
Where's your own reasoning for your immunity vote?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Gorgon »

Holy wrote:At first, her case FOSing Akonas when he did self immunity vote was nonsense to me, now because I have re-think about it and consider that as null-tell, I did a re-read objectively, overall I don't find her that scummy and I found a comment from her that I don't think may come from scum.
Which comment was that?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Gorgon »

Qman, Akonas ... what gives you the impression that Elias and farside both appear town?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Okay, time to vote ...

Immunity: Akonas

I still have a fairly townish read on him, although farside and Elias both look okay at the moment. At least they have been very active today, even it's through an argument I haven't been able to follow that well (For some reason I usually find it hard to concentrate when trying to keep up with two people 'bickering' in mafia. I just tend to zone out while reading that kind of stuff. :P). Saying that they both look town could be a cheap cop-out, but heck, I'll say it as well.

After a brief reread, farside even reads pretty town to me. Not so sure about Elias, especially because of Boggzie - but he's certainly not uberscummy.

Even though I have been a bit of a lurker in this game myself, I find it likely that scum may be found among the lurkers. In this regard, opie is looking particularily bad today. Shanba also hasn't contributed much, but his attitude towards it doesn't look that scummy to me (but this could be WIFOM, yadayadayda ...).

Of course, lack of contribution is not scummy in itself (as per my thoughts on Shanba), but more than once have I seen lurkers come up town (or even played with them throughout the game, hearing them say that they intend to deliberately lurk).

So, I want more from opie, or I might end up voting him. He's my best lead right now. Not a great lead, but a lead nonetheless. It doesn't help that he calls from more content from other players, while not contributing much himself since then ...

With this in mind, I will informally

Vote: opie
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Shanba wrote:Gorgon - is your opie vote only a lurker vote? If not, what are your other reasons?
A belated reply to this ...

My vote was mainly a lurker vote, but also for pressure/reaction testing. I didn't particularily like opie's reaction, which is why I ended up voting for him during the polls. I must admit that it was a half-hearted vote, though. I found day 2 confusing, and had a difficult time of sorting things out. Hopefully I'll do better today.
Holy wrote:Obviously, yesterday lynch tendency was on Mgm or Opie, and last night my Vote was bought by the Politician, which I believe that a Politician means scum.

We are now 5 townies VS 2 scum, so I need all the townies to co-operate because now I know that the scum can buy a vote. And if anyone thinks that a vote bought to take down Opie and saved Mgm didn't means Mgm is scum, tell me right now of why.
Now this is interesting. A number of thoughts arise.

1) Why did this 'politician' not buy votes on the previous nights? Because he most likely didn't, since we probably would have heard about it.

2) Remember that we only have Holy's word for the existence of this politician, especially if no one else can testify to having their votes bought. This could be a ploy by Holy to get Mgm lynched. Her eagerness to open the polls is suspicious in this regard.

3) This role, if it exists, doesn't look very protown, so it's not that unreasonable to assume it's scummy.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Gorgon »

farside22 wrote:He voted for holy and FOS holy, but did try I notice to get QB to talk more. Here is what Akonas said to Gorgon in response to Gorgon's findings.
Akonas wrote:Gorgon: How about Holy? I think she's doing some similar lurky things; what do you think?
I might as well offer a belated reply to this as well, even though Akonas is no longer around. :P

It's a good question. I hadn't really noticed Holy as a lurker. I guess her question for me (in this postnear the start of yesterday kind of stuck with me; I felt it was insightful and townish.

I'm not so sure about her now though ... I think she had a bad and suspicious start today.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Gorgon »

To whom it may concern:

I'm on holiday, and have much less access to the Internets than I anticipated. I cannot say for sure when activity will be back to normal, except it will be on Monday at the latest.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Shanba's argument about the politician looks convincing - I am no longer so sure it's a scum role. One's immediate reaction is that it's antitown to manipulate votes in this way, but, again, Shanba's counterarguments make quite a lot of sense.
Holy wrote:Gorgon - He said his vote for opie was mainly a lurker vote, he didn't particularly like opie's reaction, thus he end up voted him with that reason. It's quite contradictory with his belief about lurkers, which he said before. Before day 2 ended, farside building a case on opie, did you do your search about it? What's the difference between opie and Mgm, if your vote yesterday was really because of his lurks btw?
What's my belief about lurkers that you're talking about? Looking over my posts in this game, I don't see me mentioning lurkers up until I voted opie.

The difference between opie and Mgm? At the time I felt it was not overly great - but you have to vote for someone. Also, just before I 'voted' (Page 18), Mgm came through with a pretty hefty (for him) and interesting post on links between players, which made me think better of him.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Mod, please replace me. I no longer enjoy mafia, and I am leaving the site. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”