GAME OVER

DEADLINE:
WE ARE THE DEAD, LINE

THE WORLD FALLEN UNDER DARKNESS (FULL PLAYERLIST):
Spoiler:
TheFuzzylogic99
Furude Hanyu (Alisae & zachstralkita)
Almost Chara (Almost50 & Not Chara)
Reasonably Rational (Cerberus v666 & Drixx)
Gorkington
Xiao Long
Desperado
drealmerz7
McMenno
sheepsaysmeep

Yume
Havo
Vaxkiller
Titus

A CITY THIS DARKNESS CAN'T HIDE (ALIVE):
Spoiler:
TheFuzzylogic99
Almost Chara (Almost50 & Not Chara)
Reasonably Rational (Cerberus v666 & Drixx)
Gorkington
Xiao Long
Desperado
drealmerz7
Yume
Titus

YOU ARE THE DEAD (DEAD):
Spoiler:
Furude Hanyu (Alisae & zachstralkita) was lynched on Day 1. They were The Reporter, aligned with
The Dead
McMenno was killed on Night 1. McMenno was The Rebel, aligned with
The Dead
Havo was lynched on Day 2. Havo was The Good Doctor, aligned with
The Father of Death.

Vaxkiller was lynched on Day 3. Vaxkiller was The Son of Light, aligned with
The Father of Death

DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON THE CITY (MODKILLED):
Spoiler:
No one, and I aim to keep it that way.

THE COVER UP (GAME EVENTS):
Last edited by Varsoon on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:49 am, edited 25 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

GAME RULES

SPECIAL MECHANICS:

"THE MAN WHO TURNS THE WHEELS, THEY WILL FOLLOW; ANYWHERE HE LEADS"
Spoiler:
In this game, there are three factions confirmed to be a part of the setup.
These factions are
The State
The Dead
, and
The Father of Death
The Dead
is the default uninformed majority faction, typically referred to as 'Town'. The default win-condition of
The Dead
has two possibilities for achieving a win:
The Dead
will win the game if all players that are a part of
The Father of Death
faction are dead and at least six total players of any faction are still alive.
The Dead
will win the game if all players that are a part of
The State
faction are dead and at least two members of
The Dead
faction are still alive.
The Dead
will lose the game if they ever have only one member left alive at any given time.

"WE'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING WE CAN; THERE ARE NO HEROES LEFT IN MAN"
Spoiler:
In order to avoid players from gaming the flavor of this setup, every player will be given a default 'Citizen' Role PM. Members of
The Dead
will not know their true identity until they are dead.
While roles will still have unique mechanical abilities, their unique flavor will not be revealed until being flipped upon death in the game thread.

GENERAL RULES:

Spoiler:
This game is a Blitz game--deadlines are significantly shorter.
As a general rule you should aim for one post every 12 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 24-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – please don't leave us hanging!
Prods of missing players will be issued after 24 hours of no activity. Also, players may request a prod on another player after 12 hours. Any player may be replaced if they fail to post in-thread within 12 hours of being prodded by me. If the game turns to night before you can respond to your prod, PM me letting me know you still want to play.
No prods will be issued during Night.
A player who is eligible for a third prod is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
You may not quote private topic or other out-of-game discussion (such as Hydra chats) in the public game thread, regardless of if the quotes are real or fabricated. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
You can always copy and paste the full content of your own posts (outside of moderator communication) so long as it does not contain any links to where it came from or any timestamps.
You may only ever paraphrase posts made in private topics by other players and this is also subject to the same link/timestamp restriction.
There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings and approved QTs. If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to me immediately.

DURING THE DAY:

Spoiler:
Each Day will have a 72 hour deadline. Extensions will be given only in extreme circumstances, but always feel free to ask.
Day Actions resolve as soon as I am capable of resolving them.
If you submit a day action publicly or privately but you do not want the action to take effect, you must PM me about the action cancellation as soon as you submit the action. If another player makes a post between when you submit the action and when you PM me about cancellation, I will not be able to cancel your day action.
If you have a Day Action that you may submit privately, I will allow you to 'queue' the action to resolve on a trigger such as "When the Day begins" or "If I ever am voted for."
If multiple Day Actions are queued to be resolved on the same trigger, I will resolve them according to NAR rules.
If you do not know when your action resolves in NAR, feel free to ask me.
A simple majority of votes relative to the number of living players is required for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
If the deadline runs out before a majority lynch is agreed on, the player with the most votes will be lynched.
In the case of a tie in votes, the most recently voted player is lynched.
In the case that the deadline runs out and no votes have been cast, I will force a lynch on a town player.
Players may not vote for a No-Lynch.
Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.
Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
Once you are dead (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post.
Votes should be bolded or tagged or they may not be counted (e.g.
VOTE:
Player or VOTE: Player).
Vote revocations should be bolded or tagged or they may not be counted (e.g.
UNVOTE:
Player or UNVOTE: Player). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
Votes/Unvotes must be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.
Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count.
If you cast a Vote, doing so will remove all previous votes indicated with your name before the new vote is cast--in this way, a player who has a role-related ability to double vote will essentially 'unvote' before casting their new vote, rather than having a lingering double vote.
Your normal vote is a 'voting action' that is only affected by other actions that specifically interact with your vote.
In the case of specific votes (such as an ability that may put a vote called [Extra Vote] on a player), you must use specific tags to submit these votes AND to remove them if you want to unvote with just that [Extra Vote].
If you unvote, you will remove all votes that are clearly controlled by you in the votecount. Unvoting will not remove votes that can not be removed or votes that can only be submitted privately.
Vote counts will be edited into the first post of each page (so long as I can keep up, yo). Other announcements and requested vote counts will receive their own post.
All powers that affect votes (such as adding extra votes or causing a player to require less votes to lynch) do not work in LYLO/MYLO.
In this way, no single player slot may be the single voting slot on the lynch that decides the game.
Furthermore, no single player slot can single-handedly lynch a player--at least two players must be voting any lynched player.
Finally, multiple players may never be lynched. If an ability causes multiple players to reach the lynch threshold, the next vote cast on one of those players will hammer them.

DURING THE NIGHT:

Spoiler:
Night will have a 24-hour deadline. Extensions will not be given, unless a player has to be replaced during the Night.
If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
If you expect not to be here to submit your night action during the night, you may send one in in advance.
I resolve Night Actions according to Natural Action Resolution as outlined by the Mafiascum Wiki.
If you do not know when your action resolves in NAR, feel free to ask me.
Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).

MISCELLANEOUS:

Spoiler:
Any and all anti-town factions in this game have day-chat.
Please bold all requests to myself so that they don’t get missed.
Do not use standard MafiaScum purple (#800080). This is my color. All other colors are fine.

No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed (if you can't read it, don't post it).
You are not allowed to edit your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM me privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
If you do not understand how your role functions, feel free to PM me.
If you want to chat about The Protomen or other Megaman-inspired rock, you can PM me about that, too.
I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill, as the Mod sees fit. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night and the offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.
- Just know, it's all about intention. If you genuinely mess up, I'll try to cut you some slack. If I determine you're trying to compromise the integrity of the game though, you won't be too happy with the punishment.
Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to my discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis.
I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time, so long as I inform you in thread.

THE GOLDEN RULE:

Spoiler:
Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!
I created Protomen Mafia to bring people together and celebrate music that I love, but, ultimately, to have fun time on site.
Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other! Be cool.

SAMPLE ROLEPM:

Spoiler:
Citizen
We are the Dead
You are aligned with the Town Faction,
The Dead
He could not save himself; how could he save us?

Your role PM is the sample role PM, and this is a sample ability.
This role PM will be revealed as a part of the opening posts of the game.

Don't turn your back on the city

You are aligned with
The Dead
You will win the game if all players that are a part of
The Father of Death
The State
faction are dead and at least two members of
The Dead
faction are still alive.
You will lose the game if
The Dead
are reduced to a single living player.
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:15 am

Post by Varsoon »

In an abandoned warehouse, dozens gather in front of a dimly lit stage. A tall entity clambers out of the shadows and holds a microphone to its metallic face. A serious voice echoes from the machine, filling the hall, "Good Evening, Coney Island." At this, the crowd howls in acknowledgement, cheering on their mechanical speaker in denim overalls. Eventually, the applause lowers to a murmur, and once silence fills the space, the machine's voice returns, baritone and dark, "You know that we’re only here for one reason, and it ain’t face-melting rock’n’roll. Tonight, we come here to do battle. We’re here to fight tonight, Coney Island, and we’re not gonna go at it alone. Coney Island, will you fight with us this night?” More cheers, a sea of raised fists, yells resolving into a chant of the machine's name--Kilroy. He continues: “Coney Island, once again, will you fight with us?” The crowd explodes, again, louder.

Kilroy nods gravely, extends his arms like a preacher. “Your response is compliant,” he tells the crowd, robot-serious. And then: “We are your salvation. We are your hope. We are — the Protomen.”

No one was left who could remember how it had happened,
How the world had fallen under darkness.
At least no one who would do anything.
No one who would oppose the robots.
No one who would challenge their power,
Or so Dr. Wily believed...

Twenty floors above the dark streets of the city, Dr. Light lived in a run-down tenement.
An eccentric and brilliant man.
Light was a loner, a thinker, a man of ideas.
Ideas forbidden in Wily's society.
The society for which he worked.
The society in which he lived.
The society that he would set free.
And so Light worked, far into the night, when the watchful eyes of Wily's robots weren't upon him.
He'd set his skillful hands to the task of creating a device to bring about a change, to create a machine to bring freedom, to create a man to save the world.
Twelve years Light worked and on a cold night in the year 200X, Protoman was born.
A perfect man, an unbeatable machine, hell-bent on destroying every evil standing between man and freedom, built for one purpose, to destroy Wily's army of evil robots. Ready, willing, prepared to fight.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

Lightning crashed through the night sky, illuminating the sleeping city. The glow of a particular high-rise was snuffed out, power shorted, leaving its residents unable to go about their lives.
While most initially blamed the accident on nature, the truth came to surface--it was one of robots that did this, one of the so-called enforcers of the City's order. This discovery wasn't by chance, either. The remains of Elec Man were found strewn about the outside of the building, left there as a reminder that it was the Man in the Tower who controlled this city, who decided which people were worth contributing to society and who were best off without a voice.

The people stirred--who had done this? Why would anyone defy the robot masters? Didn't they know that it would only bring more troubles? And yet, some in the city saw this as a sign--not that the robot masters were oppressing the citizens; but that they could be defeated.

During Night 0, Elec Man rendered a block of the city without power.
Due to this, Almost Chara is unable to vote for the remainder of Day 1.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

In the News That Day:
"In the unfolding future coming fast, truth will be in the balance, trust it and prevail."
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

"Last night I dreamed I climbed to the top of a mountain of metal and for miles I could see the destruction of man.
I will not be the father of death."
-Thomas Light

VOTECOUNT 1.0

Not Voting (13):
TheFuzzylogic99, Furude Hanyu, Almost Chara, Reasonably Rational, Gorkington, Xiao Long, Desperado, drealmerz7, sheepsaysmeep, Yume, Havo, Vaxkiller, Titus

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to Lynch.
Deadline
:(expired on 2017-11-06 23:00:00)
Elec Man has rendered Almost Chara voteless
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by Varsoon »

sheepsaysmeep has replaced out of the game.
The countdown will be frozen at 2 days, 22 hours and 15 minutes until a replacement is found.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"My father worked the mines until the day it took his life.
Stole him from his only son and it stole him from his wife.
And I swore upon his grave, someday I would make things right."
-Thomas Light
VOTECOUNT 1.01

Gorkington (2):
Xiao Long, sheepsaysmeep
Xiao Long (1):
Gorkington
drealmerz7 (1):
Yume

Not Voting (9):
TheFuzzylogic99, Furude Hanyu, Reasonably Rational, Desperado, drealmerz7, Havo, Vaxkiller, Titus, Almost Chara

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-11-06 23:00:00)
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #83 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 81, Almost Chara wrote:
is that votecount correct? thought i was voteless.

~Chara
You're right.
VC should be correct now.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #89 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Varsoon »

McMenno replaces sheepsaysmeep.
Deadline countdown has resumed.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #100 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"So I learned how to bend steel. I learned how to make it move,
And I watched as it withstood all the hell we put men through.
With hands of iron, there's not a task we couldn't do."
-Thomas Light
VOTECOUNT 1.02

drealmerz7 (2):
Yume, Xiao Long
Almost Chara (1):
McMenno
Xiao Long (1):
Gorkington

Not Voting (9):
TheFuzzylogic99, Furude Hanyu, Reasonably Rational, Desperado, drealmerz7, Havo, Vaxkiller, Titus, Almost Chara

Deadline
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #175 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"They've waited so long for this day,
Someone to take the death away,
No son would ever have to say,
'My father worked into his grave.'"
-Thomas Light
VOTECOUNT 1.03

Xiao Long (4):
Gorkington, Titus, Vaxkiller, Furude Hanyu
drealmerz7 (1):
Yume
Almost Chara (1):
McMenno

Not Voting (7):
TheFuzzylogic99, Reasonably Rational, Desperado, drealmerz7, Havo, Almost Chara, Xiao Long

Deadline
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #250 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

"Tom, listen to yourself, then listen carefully to me.
If you replace the working parts, you get a different machine."
-Albert Wily
VOTECOUNT 1.04

Xiao Long (4):
Gorkington, Titus, Vaxkiller, Yume
Yume (2):
Furude Hanyu, drealmerz7
Almost Chara (1):
McMenno

Not Voting (6):
TheFuzzylogic99, Reasonably Rational, Desperado, Havo, Almost Chara, Xiao Long

Deadline
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #275 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:58 am

Post by Varsoon »

"The man who turns the wheels, they will follow
Anywhere he leads."
-Albert Wily
VOTECOUNT 1.05

Xiao Long (4):
Gorkington, Titus, Vaxkiller, Yume
Yume (2):
Furude Hanyu, drealmerz7
Almost Chara (1):
McMenno
Gorkington (1):
Reasonably Rational

Not Voting (5):
TheFuzzylogic99, Desperado, Havo, Almost Chara, Xiao Long

Deadline
Last edited by Varsoon on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #314 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:36 am

Post by Varsoon »

Sirens could be heard throughout the City that day. Numerous suspects were brought in over charges many of them did not know existed.
In the end, while no responsible party could be found for destroying the robot master, many innocents were condemned and some vindicated in the eyes of the masses.

One such person was...

Titus.
Titus is publicly confirmed to be a member of the faction
The Dead
Titus no longer counts as a living member of
The Dead
for the purpose of any win condition.
Titus can still post, make use of any abilities their role may have access to, be voted, be lynched, be killed, etc.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #315 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

"We've spent our whole lives searching
For a way to make a better world.
Giving everything to them, asking nothing in return.
Well here it is: our chance to take back everything we've earned."
-Albert Wily
VOTECOUNT 1.06

Xiao Long (3):
Titus, Vaxkiller, Yume
Yume (3):
Furude Hanyu, drealmerz7, Xiao Long
Almost Chara (1):
McMenno
Gorkington (1):
Reasonably Rational
Vaxkiller (1):
Desperado

Not Voting (4):
TheFuzzylogic99, Havo, Almost Chara, Gorkington

Deadline
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #396 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by Varsoon »

For the sake of clarity, due to receiving multiple questions privately about this:

Titus' win condition has not changed. Titus can still win the game.
Titus just counts as a player who has been killed/lynched for the purposes for determining who wins or loses the game.
So, for instance, part of the loss-scenario for The Dead (town) is to be reduced to one player left alive.
If we were in a situation where 1 member of The State was alive, 1 member of The Father of Death was alive, and 2 members of The Dead were alive (including Titus), then the game would end with The Dead receiving a loss due to being reduced to 1 player left alive.
For those familiar with the role, consider Titus to be 'treestumped,' but still counted as alive in regards to determining the votes required to lynch, being able to post, vote, and take/receive actions.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #425 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"They've waited so long for this day;
there is no price they wouldn't pay for someone else to lead them.
Don't turn your back on me!"
-Albert Wily
VOTECOUNT 1.07

Xiao Long (3):
Vaxkiller, Yume, Furude Hanyu
Furude Hanyu (2):
McMenno, drealmerz7
Yume (1):
Xiao Long
Gorkington (1):
Reasonably Rational
Vaxkiller (1):
Desperado
Desperado (1):
Havo

Not Voting (4):
TheFuzzylogic99, Almost Chara, Gorkington, Titus

Deadline
Titus does not count as a living player for the purposes of deciding Win Conditions.
Last edited by Varsoon on Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #818 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

Oh boy, you champs posted a lot between when I left to get dinner and woke up this morning.
VC ASAP.
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #825 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:53 am

Post by Varsoon »

"You underestimate the character of man.
You think that they'll surrender if you bind their working hands."
-Thomas Light
VOTECOUNT 1.08

Vaxkiller (6):
Desperado, Gorkington, McMenno, Furude Hanyu, Titus, Xiao Long
Furude Hanyu (3):
drealmerz7, Yume, Vaxkiller
Desperado (1):
Havo
McMenno (1):
Reasonably Rational

Not Voting (2):
TheFuzzylogic99, Almost Chara

Deadline
Titus does not count as a living player for the purposes of deciding Win Conditions.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #859 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:32 am

Post by Varsoon »

I very likely will not be around at the deadline, so please keep this in mind.
At the very least, I'll be able to lock the topic when the deadline comes, but expect an extended twilight of sorts.
Apologies for this.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1262 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"We will raise our hands above us,
Cold steel shining in the sun,
And with these hands that will not bleed,
My father's battle will be won!"
-Thomas Light
VOTECOUNT 1.09 : DEADLINE HIT

Furude Hanyu (6):
drealmerz7, Yume, Gorkington, Vaxkiller, Xiao Long, McMenno
Vaxkiller (3):
Desperado, TheFuzzylogic99, Furude Hanyu
Havo (2):
Reasonably Rational, Titus
Desperado (1):
Havo

Not Voting (1):
Almost Chara

Deadline
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1263 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

News stations incessantly followed the terrorist attacks on the City, painting the act of rebellion as an attack against the welfare of mankind.
While the citizens bunkered in their tenements and high-rises, they were more than eager to voice their thoughts to any reporter who came their way.
One woman's job was to ensure that the public didn't know the horrible truth. Better to let them live complacent lives and cover everything up.
When the riots broke out, she was the first to be trampled underfoot. The tides of change spare no one, especially the resistant.

Furude Hanyu was lynched on Day 1.
They were
The Reporter
, aligned with
The Dead
Their full role and flavor can be viewed here:

Spoiler: The Reporter
The Reporter
Hello? Hello?
The Dead
Swear allegiance to the flag; whatever flag they offer.

If you die, you can only win with
The State
faction.
As long as you are alive, you may open a Private Thread with any player at any time.
Players can chat in Private Threads that you open at any time.
Upon death, all Private Threads that you have ever been in are closed and locked.
Upon death,
The State
faction gains viewing access to all Private Threads that you were a part of.
Upon death, you gain access to the factional chat for
The State
faction.

It'll never be over, will it?

You are aligned with
The Dead
The Father of Death
The State
faction are dead and at least one player of
The Dead
faction is still alive.
The Dead
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1264 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It is now Night 1.
The deadline to submit Night actions is: (expired on 2017-11-08 00:10:00)
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1265 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by Varsoon »

There has been notable confusion about the special mechanic: "We've Given Everything We Can; There are No Heroes Left In Man."
For reference, this mechanic was a part of the game advertisement and the opening posts of the game:

"WE'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING WE CAN; THERE ARE NO HEROES LEFT IN MAN"
Spoiler:
In order to avoid players from gaming the flavor of this setup, every player will be given a default 'Citizen' Role PM. Members of
The Dead
will not know their true identity until they are dead.
While roles will still have unique mechanical abilities, their unique flavor will not be revealed until being flipped upon death in the game thread.

Confusion has arisen over the 'flavor names' on player rolecards.
Every single Citizen Rolecard has the same progression of flavor names for abilities, even if the abilities themselves are different.
These flavor names include the following:
"HE COULD NOT SAVE HIMSELF; HOW COULD HE SAVE US?"
"FOR ALL THE BLOOD HE SHED, YOUR BROTHER FAILED US."
"WHY DO YOU CRY FOR HIM?"
"GIVE US THE ROPE!"
"GIVE US A GRAVE!"
"THERE IS NOTHING YOU COULD DO."
"DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON THE CITY."

These are GENERIC flavor names intended to mask the true flavor of Citizen Role PMs and to provide non-town factions safe flavor names to claim.
Just because another player has the same flavor names as your role does not mean they have the same abilities as you.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1266 (isolation #25) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Amid the chaos that ensued, a subway station was found frozen in ice, everything beneath the surface had been flooded and, somehow, frozen. Just like before, it was made clear that this was the doing of one of the robots that was supposed to protect the city--Ice Man. The robot itself was never found; rumors circulated that there had been a fire in the subway station and it froze everything in order to save the city, despite the danger to itself.

When the sun rose and the ice thawed, a mob overturned the subway looking for the robot, but all that was found was a corpse--littered with bullet holes.
Some furiously blamed the Ice Man, who was never seen again.
Others claimed that someone must have killed the Ice Man and that the dead man was caught in the conflict.
No matter what side they were on, the public cried out for justice.
Throughout the City, screens blazed with the images of wanted men.
Mobs took to the streets.
Torches burnt through the night.
There would be blood.

During Night 1, Ice Man froze an entire subway station.
Due to this, McMenno would not have been able use any abilities during Day 2 and Night 2.
However, McMenno was killed on Night 1.
McMenno was
The Rebel
, aligned with
The Dead
McMenno's full rolecard can be viewed here:

Spoiler:
The Rebel
The city doesn't know what's coming, She doesn't feel the heat.
The Dead
You're gonna have to do better than fear; you're gonna have to step out of the shadows and fight!

You know that one player in this game has the flavor of 'The Red-Eyed Assassin' and is aligned with
The State
Each Night, you may visit a player--you will be given a result of whether or not they are The Red Eyed Assassin.
If you ever discover The Red Eyed Assassin through use of this ability, you may use this ability at night to kill him.
If you choose to kill the Red Eyed Assassin, you will prevent all members of
The State
from taking any actions for the following Day and Night Phase. However, in doing so, you will also die.

Cut me down or let me run, either way it's all gonna burn...

You are aligned with
The Dead
The Father of Death
The State
The Dead
faction is still alive.
The Dead
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1267 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In the News That Day:
"the Golden path leads to Justice"
Last edited by Varsoon on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1268 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"What kind of man builds a machine to kill a girl?
No he did not use his hands--like a smart man, he used a tool.
But just the same; how can you question who's to blame?"
-Albert Wily

VOTECOUNT 2.0

Not Voting (11):
TheFuzzylogic99, Almost Chara, Reasonably Rational, Gorkington, Xiao Long, Desperado, drealmerz7, Yume, Havo, Vaxkiller, Titus

With 11 Alive, it takes 6 to Lynch.
Deadline
:(expired on 2017-11-11 00:10:00)
TITUS DOES NOT COUNT AS A LIVING PLAYER FOR THE PURPOSES OF DECIDING WIN CONDITIONS.
VAXKILLER IS 'WANTED'.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1376 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1288, drealmerz7 wrote:
@mod - furude hanyu has access to the state PT and now wins with state - are they allowed to speak in the state PT, or just view it?
Despite being a dead player, Furude Hanyu is allowed to post in The State's factional PT.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1377 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"When I say he was a monster, when I set fire to his name,
It does not matter where you hear it from; whether truth or lies, it gets said all the same."
-Albert Wily
VOTECOUNT 2.01

TheFuzzylogic99 (3):
Gorkington, Vaxkiller, Havo
Desperado (1):
Yume
drealmerz7 (1):
Titus

Not Voting (6):
TheFuzzylogic99, Almost Chara, Reasonably Rational, Xiao Long, Desperado, drealmerz7

Deadline
TITUS DOES NOT COUNT AS A LIVING PLAYER FOR THE PURPOSES OF DECIDING WIN CONDITIONS.
VAXKILLER IS 'WANTED'.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1459 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:57 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1442, Reasonably Rational wrote:
@Varsoon: did Furude know they would be joining the state upon death, and that the pts they had created would become visible to the state? Did they know the state win con before their death?
Yes, Furude Hanyu knew their own abilities that include gaining access to The State's factional PT, that their PTs would become visible to The State, and that their win-condition would be altered.
Notably, their alignment is still the same and they still lose the game if The Dead is reduced to one living member.

Every single player has access to their entire role PM at the start of the game, the flavor is just the default 'citizen' flavor instead.

Furude Hanyu was not provided with The State's win condition before death.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1460 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:59 am

Post by Varsoon »

It should be reiterated that this game is not bastard (as far as I am aware) and that Furude Hanyu's alignment did not change (which would be bastard);
Their role-pm could have been written to be clearer, but the only change that happened to their win-condition after death is that they no longer win when The State is eliminated.
Since they were aware this change could happen from the start of the game, I do not consider it to be bastard, as it is not a lie that can not be reasonably expected or a mid-game change in alignment;
it is a mid-game change in their win-condition that they would have been aware of from game-start, but their alignment is still town/The Dead.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1475 (isolation #32) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

"There is a flame that I've been fanning.
There is a fire waiting to catch.
There is a hell that has been building
From the moment we first met."
-Albert Wily
VOTECOUNT 2.02

TheFuzzylogic99 (2):
Gorkington, Havo
Desperado (1):
Vaxkiller
drealmerz7 (1):
Titus
Yume (1):
Xiao Long
Reasonably Rational (1):
Yume

Not Voting (5):
TheFuzzylogic99, Almost Chara, Reasonably Rational, Desperado, drealmerz7

Deadline
VAXKILLER IS 'WANTED'.
Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1767 (isolation #33) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:05 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1669, Reasonably Rational wrote:
@Varsoon: Why do "the dead" auto-lose at 1 alive? There could be a situation where 2 "Father of Dead" and 1 "State" and 1 "dead" were alive and the last state was killed and that would meet the win condition of the state being eliminated. The win condition even says we only need one dead alive for that ... but if we auto lose when we hit 1 alive, how would that work?

The short answer is that the wincons on all the citizen cards aren't properly updated.
When I originally created the setup, The Dead would not auto-lose at 1 alive, so they could still win with 1 alive if they eliminated The State.
When I made the change, I added the 'auto lose at 1' clause, but forgot to update the numbers on the 'Eliminate The State with at least 1 left' clause to '2 left'.
I clarified this rule change in a PM that I sent before signups as well as in this post about Titus' condition.
The edited rule change was also in the opening posts sprawl, under the Special Mechanics section.
However, you can still see from the flipped roles so far that they don't reflect that update.
I figured that it was a clerical issue at worst, since every player (scum fake-claims included) had the same issue on their 'Citizen' rolecard.
I've updated the 'Sample Role PM' to reflect the proper wording, but, for clarity:
If The Dead ever are reduced to one living player, they lose the game.
The Dead can only win the game by eliminating either The Father of Death faction or The State faction.
If there are ever less than 6 total players in the game, The Dead can no longer win by eliminating The Father of Death faction.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1775 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Varsoon »

"If there ever was a time,
If there ever was a chance,
To undo the things I've done
And wash these bloodstains from my hands..."
-Albert Wily
VOTECOUNT 2.03

Xiao Long (3):
Almost Chara, Gorkington, drealmerz7
Reasonably Rational (2):
Yume, Titus
Desperado (2):
Vaxkiller, Havo
Vaxkiller (1):
Reasonably Rational

Not Voting (3):
TheFuzzylogic99, Desperado, Xiao Long

Deadline
VAXKILLER IS 'WANTED'.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1928 (isolation #35) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

"...It has passed and been forgotten.
These are the paths that we must take.
Cause you and I, Tom, we are men
And we can bend and we can break."
-Albert Wily
VOTECOUNT 2.04

Xiao Long (2):
Almost Chara, Gorkington
Reasonably Rational (1):
Titus
Desperado (1):
Havo
Vaxkiller (1):
Reasonably Rational
drealmerz7 (1):
Yume

Not Voting (5):
TheFuzzylogic99, Desperado, Xiao Long, Vaxkiller, drealmerz7

Deadline
VAXKILLER IS 'WANTED'.
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1941 (isolation #36) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1937, Almost Chara wrote:
Varsoon, why was our votelessness confirmed in every votecount but not Desperado's?

~Chara
You were rendered voteless by a public effect.
I can not comment on whatever has caused Desperado's vote to not take place in the votecounts where it has not properly appeared.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2124 (isolation #37) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by Varsoon »

There's still eight minutes.
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2125 (isolation #38) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"If you think that you can run,
If you think that you can stand,
Well, you forget who turned this city on;
You forget who plugged this city in!"
-Albert Wily
VOTECOUNT 2.05

Havo (4):
Gorkington, Almost Chara, Reasonably Rational, drealmerz7
drealmerz7 (3):
Yume, Titus, TheFuzzylogic99
Desperado (1):
Havo
TheFuzzylogic99 (1):
Vaxkiller
Yume (1):
Xiao Long

Not Voting (1):
Desperado

Deadline
VAXKILLER IS 'WANTED'.
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2136 (isolation #39) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"One by one, they're tuning in."
-Albert Wily
VOTECOUNT 2.06: DEADLINE HIT

Havo (4):
Gorkington, Almost Chara, Reasonably Rational, drealmerz7
drealmerz7 (3):
Yume, Titus, TheFuzzylogic99
Desperado (1):
Havo
TheFuzzylogic99 (1):
Vaxkiller
Yume (1):
Xiao Long

Not Voting (1):
Desperado

Deadline
VAXKILLER IS 'WANTED'.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2137 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

The man who created these robots, Dr. Thomas Light, was made to stand trial for what had come to pass.
He only wanted to help, only wanted to make life better for humanity. Blood wasn't supposed to be shed by his creations.
Yet, before a jury, he plead guilty to his crimes.
The masses called for his death, but he escaped town before they could deliver him to an early grave.
They still say he works in shadows, looking to undo the evil he unleashed upon mankind.

Havo was lynched on Day 2.
He was
The Good Doctor
, aligned with
The Father of Death
Their full role and flavor can be viewed here:

Spoiler: The Good Doctor
The Good Doctor
Can I take it back? Can I turn off this machine before it destroys everything that I've loved?
You are aligned with
The Father of Death
What will I become with the things I will create?

You may not use this ability until the player with the role 'The Fiance' dies.
Every Day, you may target a single player and choose a one-shot ability to give them.
Your target will receive the ability at the start of the following Night phase.
You can not choose the same ability twice.
You can not choose the same player twice.
You can not choose any player that is aligned with your faction.

I still have work to do...

You may chat any time with members of your faction at any time, using the following thread: [REDACTED]

With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

You are aligned with
The Father of Death
The State
The Father of Death
faction is still alive.
The Dead
are ever reduced to only one member left alive.
You will lose the game if all members of your faction die.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2138 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It is now Night 2.
The deadline to submit Night actions is: (expired on 2017-11-12 01:00:00)
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2139 (isolation #42) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In the months that followed, a suffocating silence swept over the City.
It was as if no one dared breath a word against the powers that be.
Children didn't roam the streets.
Everyone locked their doors at night.
The people were safe, obedient, and cowed.

It was on a night like any other that the sky was filled with fire; a telecommunications tower exploded and crashed down unto a panicked populace.
The news reported that the attack was committed by terrorists, despite eye-witness reports of seeing the scraps of the City's demolition robots at the scene.
Despite the calamity, nothing changed. No lives were lost. The people were merely further shepherded, their wills weakened by those who would control them.
Silently, they wished for a hero, but none of them had the courage to stand against their oppressors.

During Night 2, Bomb Man destroyed a building.
Due to this, Gorkington to take one less vote to lynch for the rest of the game.
No one was killed on Night 2.
Last edited by Varsoon on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2140 (isolation #43) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In the News That Day:
"the death of the Fathers of Death with be the death of The Dead - Enemy IS The State"
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2141 (isolation #44) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"This city's sleeping like a soldier trapped inside of an iron lung.
Machines can keep you breathing, but what happens when you find a new war's begun?"
-Joe

VOTECOUNT 3.0

Not Voting (10):
TheFuzzylogic99, Almost Chara, Reasonably Rational, Gorkington, Xiao Long, Desperado, drealmerz7, Yume, Vaxkiller, Titus

With 10 Alive, it takes 6 to Lynch.
Deadline
:(expired on 2017-11-15 01:10:00)
GORKINGTON TAKES ONE LESS VOTE TO LYNCH.
VAXKILLER IS 'WANTED'.
XIAO LONG IS 'WANTED'.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2150 (isolation #45) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"I've got this burning like my veins are filled with nothing but gasoline.
And with a spark, it's gonna be the biggest fire they've ever seen."
-Joe
VOTECOUNT 3.01

drealmerz7 (1):
Titus

Not Voting (9):
TheFuzzylogic99, Almost Chara, Reasonably Rational, Gorkington, Xiao Long, Desperado, drealmerz7, Yume, Vaxkiller

Deadline
VAXKILLER IS 'WANTED'.
XIAO LONG IS 'WANTED'.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2233 (isolation #46) » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:57 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2216, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:
@ Vasoon

Can you verify that there were no mod error in the results for last night
As far as I am aware, I have not made any errors with the N2 actions/resolutions.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2250 (isolation #47) » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:14 am

Post by Varsoon »

"Light up the night!
There is a city that this darkness can't hide.
There are the embers of a fire that's gone out,
But I can still feel the heat on my skin."
-Joe
VOTECOUNT 3.02

Vaxkiller (4):
Desperado, Almost Chara, Xiao Long, Gorkington
drealmerz7 (1):
Titus
Xiao Long (1):
Vaxkiller

Not Voting (4):
TheFuzzylogic99, Reasonably Rational, drealmerz7, Yume

Deadline
VAXKILLER IS 'WANTED'.
XIAO LONG IS 'WANTED'.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2437 (isolation #48) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

"So I will stand here with my shoulders square and tall,
And when the whistle blows, not falter,
But when the crash comes I will fall.
With so much steam and steel behind it,
I won't slow it down at all."
-Thomas Light
VOTECOUNT 3.03: LYNCH

Vaxkiller (LYNCH):
Desperado, Almost Chara, Xiao Long, Gorkington, Reasonably Rational, TheFuzzylogic99

Xiao Long (2):
Vaxkiller, drealmerz7
drealmerz7 (1):
Titus

Not Voting (1):
Yume

Deadline
VAXKILLER IS 'WANTED'.
XIAO LONG IS 'WANTED'.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2438 (isolation #49) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:12 am

Post by Varsoon »

In the years that followed, mankind silently wished for a hero, all while condemning anyone foolish enough to actually stand against Wily and his robots.
A machine rose from the chaos and fought to free mankind, but when he needed them most, they turned their backs on him as well.
He fought despite this, murdered and killed and wade through the bloodshed and wreckage, all until confronted by his very brother, who humanity bade that he slaughter as well.
It was only after that fight that he reluctantly accepted his brother's warning,
"Do you see that the truth is they don't want to change this?
They don't want a hero. They just want a martyr, a statue to raise.
I've given everything I can.
There are no heroes left in man."

Vaxkiller was lynched on Day 3.
Vaxkiller was
The Son of Light
, aligned with
The Father of Death
Vaxkiller's full role and flavor can be viewed here:

Spoiler: Son of Light
The Son of Light
They know no better. They are not ready. Even now there is hope for man!
You are aligned with
The Father of Death
And as I live, there is no evil that will stand.

You may only die if you are lynched.

Hurry back, tell your leader you'll need more men.

You know that your enemy faction,
The State
, must make use of an ability every night.
The ability used will be publicly broadcast during day.
Every time that one of these abilities is used, you will gain access to that ability.

This City made us; this City gave us life.

You may chat any time with members of your faction at any time, using the following thread: [REDACTED]

Now more than ever, we are their hope!

You are aligned with
The Father of Death
The State
The Father of Death
faction is still alive.
The Dead
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2439 (isolation #50) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 am

Post by Varsoon »

With the elimination of
The Father of Death
faction, the game has come to an end.
The Dead
have won the game.
The State
(Xiao Long, Reasonably Rational) have won the game.
Mankind's Doom
(Almost Chara) has won the game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2440 (isolation #51) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:20 am

Post by Varsoon »

MANKIND'S DOOM:

Spoiler: THE LOST SON
The Lost Son
I've given everything I can. There are no heroes left in man.
You are aligned with no one,
Mankind is Doomed
Is there not one who values courage over life?

Every Night Phase, you are required to kill another player.
If you do not submit a target, I will randomly choose one for you.
Only passive role abilities can prevent this kill.
Once you are dead, this ability will become a factional ability for
The State
If
The State
ever uses this ability, they lose access to it and it becomes a factional ability for
The Father of Death
If
The Father of Death
ever uses this ability, they lose access to it and it becomes a factional ability for
The State

Hope rides alone.

Any attempt to discern you alignment will be randomly redirected to another player.

Maybe someday, they'll see; A hero is just a man who knows he is free.

You are aligned with
Mankind's Doom
You will win the game if you survive to the end of the game.
If you die, you may only win the game if
The Dead
are reduced to one player alive.

Jeeze, yellow doesn't show up very well against MafBlue layout for the site.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2441 (isolation #52) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

THE FATHER OF DEATH:

Spoiler: THE GOOD DOCTOR
The Good Doctor
Can I take it back? Can I turn off this machine before it destroys everything that I've loved?
You are aligned with
The Father of Death
What will I become with the things I will create?

You may not use this ability until the player with the role 'The Fiance' dies.
Every Day, you may target a single player and choose a one-shot ability to give them.
Your target will receive the ability at the start of the following Night phase.
You can not choose the same ability twice.
You can not choose the same player twice.
You can not choose any player that is aligned with your faction.

I still have work to do...

You may chat any time with members of your faction at any time, using the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73823

With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

You are aligned with
The Father of Death
The State
The Father of Death
faction is still alive.
The Dead

Spoiler: THE SON OF LIGHT
The Son of Light
They know no better. They are not ready. Even now there is hope for man!
You are aligned with
The Father of Death
And as I live, there is no evil that will stand.

Hurry back, tell your leader you'll need more men.

You know that your enemy faction,
The State
, must make use of an ability every night.
The ability used will be publicly broadcast during day.
Every time that one of these abilities is used, you will gain access to that ability.

This City made us; this City gave us life.

You may chat any time with members of your faction at any time, using the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73823

Now more than ever, we are their hope!

You are aligned with
The Father of Death
The State
The Father of Death
faction is still alive.
The Dead
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2442 (isolation #53) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 am

Post by Varsoon »

THE STATE:

Spoiler: THE MAN WHO TURNS THE WHEELS
The Man Who Turns The Wheels
Well, here it is: our chance to take back everything we've earned.
You are aligned with
The State
You forget who turned this city on; you forget who plugged this city in!

I can almost hear the hounds.

As long as the player with the role 'The Reporter' is alive, you have access to this ability.
Once per game, you may publicly confirm the alignment of any target player.
This player will also no longer count as a living member of their faction in regards to win conditions.
If this ability fails for any reason, it will be refunded.

Man was not built for such a height.

You may chat any time with members of your faction at any time, using the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73824

The man who turns the wheels, they will follow, anywhere he leads.

You are aligned with
The State
The Father of Death
The State
faction is still alive.
The Dead

Spoiler: THE RED-EYED ASSASSIN
The Red-Eyed Assassin
I've seen your face in the places I wasn't meant to be.
You are aligned with
The State
They say you'd kill a man for walking the wrong side of the line.

Each Night, you may visit a player to discover their alignment.

There's worse things than death here.

You may chat any time with members of your faction at any time, using the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73824

This city, she's been dead, for years now.

You are aligned with
The State
The Father of Death
The State
faction is still alive.
The Dead
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2443 (isolation #54) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 am

Post by Varsoon »

THE DEAD:

Spoiler: The Fiance
Citizen
We are the Dead
The Dead

Upon death, you may only win with
The Father of Death
faction.
Upon death, you may, at any time, send me a message to deliver to any other living player.
Messages sent during the day phase will be delivered at the start of the night phase.
Messages sent during the night phase will be delivered upon the resolution of the night phase.
The Father of Death
faction.

You are aligned with
The Dead
The Father of Death
The State
The Dead
faction is still alive.
The Dead

Spoiler: The Voice
Citizen
We are the Dead
The Dead

Each Night, including Pre-game, you may use this ability to do one or both of the following:
Create a private neighborhood that all living members can chat in at any time.
Add any number of target players to a neighborhood that you have created with this ability.

You are aligned with
The Dead
The Father of Death
The State
The Dead
faction is still alive.
The Dead

Spoiler: The Rebel
Citizen
We are the Dead
The Dead

You know that one player in this game has the flavor of 'The Red-Eyed Assassin' and is aligned with
The State
Each Night, you may visit a player--you will be given a result of whether or not they are The Red Eyed Assassin.
If you ever discover The Red Eyed Assassin through use of this ability, you may use this ability at night to kill him.
If you choose to kill the Red Eyed Assassin, you will prevent all members of
The State
from taking any actions for the following Day and Night Phase. However, in doing so, you will also die.

You are aligned with
The Dead
The Father of Death
The State
The Dead
faction is still alive.
The Dead

Spoiler: The Jury
Citizen
We are the Dead
The Dead

So long as you are in the game, all players will submit a vote at night.
Your vote counts as two for this purpose.
During the day, the player with the most votes against them will be publicly marked as 'Wanted'.
This has no other effect besides reflecting who was voted for by the majority of players.

You are aligned with
The Dead
The Father of Death
The State
The Dead
faction is still alive.
The Dead

Spoiler: The Barfly
Citizen
We are the Dead
The Dead

Each day, you may target a player.
During the Night, you and your target are provided a Private Thread to talk in.
Players that are in Private Threads you create can not be negatively affected by anything except for kills.
At the end of each Night, the private thread you created will be closed and its players will no longer benefit from this ability.

You are aligned with
The Dead
The Father of Death
The State
The Dead
faction is still alive.
The Dead

Spoiler: The Mob
Citizen
We are the Dead
The Dead

You may not use this ability until at least one member of
The Dead
faction has been killed or lynched.
Once per game, during the Day Phase, you may reset the Votecount.
If there are less than 24 hours left in the Day Phase, the deadline will reset to 24 hours left.
The following effects will take place and be made public knowledge:
For the rest of the Day Phase, the vote-count will not be publicly shown.
For the rest of the Day Phase, only votes from members of
The Dead
faction will count towards a lynch.
For the rest of the Day Phase, the required votes to lynch will be based on a majority of players living in
The Dead
faction.
The Day will end at a random amount of time after the hammering vote is cast.

You are aligned with
The Dead
The Father of Death
The State
The Dead
faction is still alive.
The Dead

Spoiler: The Press
Citizen
We are the Dead
The Dead

Each Night, you will be informed of all of the actions that were taken during the Night, but not who took any action or who was targeted.

FOR ALL THE BLOOD HE SHED, YOUR BROTHER FAILED US.

Each Night, including Pre-Game, you may send me a message to include during the first votecount of the day.
By default, this message is anonymous, though you may choose to reveal your identity via its contents.

You are aligned with
The Dead
The Father of Death
The State
The Dead
faction is still alive.
The Dead

Spoiler: The Reporter
Citizen
We are the Dead
The Dead

If you die, you can only win with
The State
faction.
As long as you are alive, you may open a Private Thread with any player at any time.
Players can chat in Private Threads that you open at any time.
Upon death, all Private Threads that you have ever been in are closed and locked.
Upon death,
The State
faction gains viewing access to all Private Threads that you were a part of.
The State
faction.

You are aligned with
The Dead
The Father of Death
The State
The Dead
faction is still alive.
The Dead
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2444 (isolation #55) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

PRE-GAME ACTIONS:

The State sends Elec Man against AlmostChara -- Success.
Titus creates PT with Reasonably Rational -- Success.
Drealmerz sends the following 'Reporter' message for the first VC:
Spoiler:
In the unfolding future coming fast, truth will be in the balance, trust it and prevail.

DAY 1 ACTIONS:

Furude Hanyu creates a neighborhood with TheFuzzylogic99 -- Success.
Furude Hanyu creates a neighborhood with Almost Chara -- Success.
Furude Hanyu creates a neighborhood with Reasonably Rational -- Success.
Furude Hanyu creates a neighborhood with Gorkington -- Success.
Furude Hanyu creates a neighborhood with Xiao Long -- Success.
Furude Hanyu creates a neighborhood with Desperado -- Success.
Furude Hanyu creates a neighborhood with drealmerz7 -- Success.
Furude Hanyu creates a neighborhood with sheepsaysmeep -- Success.
Furude Hanyu creates a neighborhood with Yume -- Success.
Furude Hanyu creates a neighborhood with Havo -- Success.
Furude Hanyu creates a neighborhood with Vaxkiller -- Success.
Furude Hanyu creates a neighborhood with Titus -- Success.
Yume will establish a Barfly Neighborhood with Titus on N1 -- Success.
Reasonably Rational confirms/softstumps Titus -- Success.

NIGHT 1 ACTIONS:

Titus creates a neighborhood with Gorkington -- Success.
Vaxkiller uses ThunderBeam on Desperado -- Success.
AlmostChara kills McMenno -- Success.
Xiao Long investigates thefuzzylogic99 --Success, result is 'The Dead'.
McMenno red-eyed-assassin checks Almost Chara -- Failure, has been killed.
The State sends Ice Man against McMenno -- Failure, McMenno has been killed.
Drealmerz sends the following 'Reporter' message for the first VC:
Spoiler:
the Golden path leads to Justice

NIGHT 1 JURY VOTE:

Vaxkiller (5): Desperado, drealmerz7, Vaxkiller, Havo
McMenno (2): Titus, thefuzzylogic99
Havo (2): Gorkington, AlmostChara
drealmerz7 (1): Yume

DAY 2 ACTIONS:

Yume Neighborizes Xiao Long -- Success

NIGHT 2 ACTIONS:

Titus creates a Neighborhood with Yume -- Success
Vaxkiller causes TheFuzzyLogic99 to be unable to unable to use abilities during the following day and night phase -- Success
Almost Chara kills Vaxkiller -- Failure, bulletproof.
The State causes Gorkington to take one less vote to lynch -- Success
Xiao Long investigates Almost Chara -- Redirected to TheFuzzyLogic99
Drealmerz writes the following message:
Spoiler:
the death of the Fathers of Death with be the death of The Dead - Enemy IS The State

NIGHT 2 JURY VOTE:

Xiao Long (3): drealmerz7, Almost Chara, Gorkington
Vaxkiller (3): Desperado, Reasonably Rational
Almost Chara (1): Xiao Long
drealmerz7 (1): Titus
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2445 (isolation #56) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:25 am

Post by Varsoon »

Almost Chara (Almost50 & Not Chara) -
The Lost Son

Havo -
The Good Doctor

Vaxkiller -
The Son of Light

Reasonably Rational (Cerberus v 666 & Drixx) -
The Man Who Turns The Wheels

Xiao Long -
The Red-Eyed Assassin

Gorkington -
The Fiance

Titus -
The Voice

McMenno -
The Rebel

Desperado -
The Jury

Yume -
The Barfly

TheFuzzylogic99 -
The Mob

drealmerz7 -
The Press

Furude Hanyu (Alisae & zachstralkita) -
The Reporter
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2446 (isolation #57) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

DEAD THREAD:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73918
ALMOST CHARA HYDRA PT:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73837

THE STATE FACTIONAL PT:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73824
THE HOUSE OF LIGHT FACTIONAL PT:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73823

TITUS & REASONABLY RATIONAL HOOD (D1):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73848
FURUDE HANYU & THEFUZZYLOGIC99 HOOD (D1):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73850
FURUDE HANYU & ALMOST CHARA HOOD (D1):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73849
FURUDE HANYU & REASONABLY RATIONAL HOOD (D1):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73851
FURUDE HANYU & GORKINGTON HOOD (D1):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73852
FURUDE HANYU & XIAO LONG HOOD (D1):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73853
FURUDE HANYU & DESPERADO HOOD (D1):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73854
FURUDE HANYU & DREALMERZ7 HOOD (D1):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73855
FURUDE HANYU & MCMENNO HOOD (D1):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73856
FURUDE HANYU & YUME HOOD (D1):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73857
FURUDE HANYU & HAVO HOOD (D1):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73858
FURUDE HANYU & VAXKILLER HOOD (D1):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73859
FURUDE HANYU & TITUS HOOD (D1):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73860
YUME & TITUS HOOD (N1):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73902
TITUS & GORKINGTON HOOD (D2):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73921
YUME & XIAO LONG HOOD (N2):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73939
TITUS & YUME HOOD (D3):
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=73952
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2447 (isolation #58) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

I hope everyone had a fun time with what is my first Blitz game ever. When T-Bone approached me to run a blitz game, I was a bit honored to be considered a moderator worth reaching out to, but also scrambling to have a setup ready. Literally, my setup notes for this game at the time were:
Spoiler: embarrassingly minor
THE HERO OF MAN - THIRD PARTY:
The Lost Son (Protoman) - 'Hope Rides Alone' Compulsive Serial Killer Survivor "I've given everything I can. There are no heroes left in man."

THE FATHER OF DEATH - GOODIES:
The Good Doctor (Light) -
The Son of Light (Megaman) - Bulletproof

THE STATE - SCUM:
Scum get six one-shot powers that, once used, become 1-shot powers that the Good side can use so long as Rock is alive: Cutman, Gutsman, Elecman, Bombman, Fireman, Iceman
The Man Who Turns the Wheels (Wily) - Bulletproof, I CAN ALMOST HEAR THE HOUNDS: Publicly confirms one player's alignment (maybe makes the player not count towards 'living' for their wincon?) (Needs Enabler)
The Red Eyed Assassin -

THE DEAD - TOWN:
The Fiance (Emily) - Can only win with Light's faction if she dies. Is a Light-faction enabler and messenger upon death.
The Voice (Kilroy) -
The Rebel (Joe) -
The Jury -
The Barfly -
The Mob - GIVE US THE ROPE - Resets votecount, which becomes anonymous and scaled such that only Town votes count.
The Press -
The Reporter - Can only win with Wily's faction if she dies. Is a Wily-faction enabler and messenger before death. Upon death, every message she sent is sent to Wily's Faction, a la THE COVERUP.

I know it was a little crazy! I tried making a really non-normal setup. As far as the balance of this thing goes, it's obviously pretty swingy (the game can end in N1 with the right lynch+kill combination), but I was hoping the players who signed up would play smart enough to avoid that.
I had considered calling 'The Father of Death' faction 'The House of Light', but I really wanted the 'good guys' to look 'bad', because that's the whole point of The State's influence and control.

One big surprise for me in this game was how quickly people claimed. I was hoping the 'Citizen' flavor cards would be a good enough deterrent to claiming, but there were tons of claims almost immediately, and, obviously, several of the abilities are so closely tied to the flavor that even if you claim it has a generic flavor name, people with flavor knowledge are likely to figure it out. I was almost certain that The State were done with when they claimed to be masons, with a cop check, with an enabler, especially when that enabler flipped and was obvious aligned to The State--given The Father of Death has a parallel with The Fiance as their enabler. It seemed like The State was doomed when backed into that corner D1, but they somehow finessed this and rallied people against The Father of Death.

I really enjoyed how both minority factions thought one or the other had to have a kill, when neither really did. It made the tension between the factions rise to the place I wanted it to be.

Anyway, I'm interested to see what you all think of the setup.
At the very least, I hope I got some people into the music.
If you haven't yet, I highly recommend listening to all of Act 2: The Father of Death. The album is only an hour long and is really a fantastic ride all the way through.

Thanks for playing,
Varsoon
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2451 (isolation #59) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:43 am

Post by Varsoon »

It's the burden of having all these banners; take 'em (if you can!)
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2452 (isolation #60) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:43 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2450, Alisae wrote:I enjoyed the experience and talking with the state
good job Varsoon
I loved your role, but making all those PTs was a nightmare.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2466 (isolation #61) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2456, Alisae wrote:Also I'm stealing your formatting for writing your role pms and adding a bit where I can write flavour
Feel free. I think I originally stole the table formatting from someone awhile back, too. Out of all the formatting I've used so far, it's the one that's worked the best for me.
In post 2458, Alisae wrote:Oh yeah and thanks for introducing us to the music
the fuckin Protomen are amazing.

The fact you could manage to recreate this world is also amazing in of itself.
I kinda see making setups as a worldbuilding experience, and it was a great game to just be in overall.
<3
That's how I like to make setups. I take a theme that I really like and try to translate its core elements into mafia design stuff.
This setup is a strange mix of Act 1/Act 2 stuff, flavor-wise, but there just wasn't enough on the character side of things to run a separate game for each act and do what I wanted to do with the setup.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2468 (isolation #62) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

Thanks to all who voiced praise so far. <3 you guys.
Running a Blitz is hard! I thought I'd never be there for deadlines and doing the flavor-slugs last minute meant I always felt they were a bit minimalist.

I'm really glad ya'll lynched when you did today, because I'm about to go drive and be away from computer access for the next 7 hours at least, so I would've had to do a whole deadline extension or something sloppy.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2471 (isolation #63) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:01 am

Post by Varsoon »

No posts 'cus no one is alive to post
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2545 (isolation #64) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2484, Alisae wrote:Varsoon what are your future plans?
As of now, I have a ton of ideas for games but nothing written down or in the pipeline. As I said before, I'm really hoping to focus on non-normal, small-size (13p) setups instead of the huge overblown affairs that my games have been in the past. I loved running Bloodborne and SaGa Frontier, but running a game with that many moving parts takes a ton of prep and even more actual time spent moderating.

In post 2486, McMenno wrote:
In post 2484, Alisae wrote:Varsoon what are your future plans?
I don't think this is the appropriate place for that
:P
I usually discuss future games in post, though I don't have any plans right now, really.
In post 2539, drealmerz7 wrote:thanks very much varsoon! I look forward to more of your games

I'd never heard of The Protomen before and very much appreciate the introduction

I was pretty sure we were survivors but I didn't want to get into all of that during play, and I still didn't want state to win so figured it'd be even harder if I went that route

very cool setup
Glad you had a fun time and that I got you into The Protomen! I'm always happy to win over newer players, which can be hard given how fast my games tend to fill with veterans.
In post 2544, Vaxkiller wrote:Yeha seriously, thanks for modding a really cool setup Varsoon. I really enjoyed playing it.
I'm glad; I was worried you and Havo were having a hard time given your position in the game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2564 (isolation #65) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:53 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2563, Almost50 wrote:Also remember we were working under the assumption The State wanted to eliminate The Dead.
I was surprised that so many people came to that assumption, but I guess people usually do default to what's normal for a mafia game.
I think the wincon of the Dead being so different would've tipped people off that they were more of a survivor faction, and I was hoping for uncertainty about which of The Father of Death/The State had a kill and was against the town.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2566 (isolation #66) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

I also got a chuckle out of Xiao Long taking time to connect flavor to try to present The Father of Death as the killing faction because that's literally how the plot plays out in the songs; The State convinces people that Thomas Light is responsible for murders committed by the robots he made, all in order to ensure control/power over the people.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2574 (isolation #67) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

You bet your ass if we ever hydra, our name is going to be Reasonably Risky
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2576 (isolation #68) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:57 am

Post by Varsoon »

Hahahah, I am the scatman for a reason.
I'm glad that people enjoy my moderation, because my gameplay is so whack.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2578 (isolation #69) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:04 am

Post by Varsoon »

<3
Glad I could turn a lot of people on to this band.
Honestly, check out their site: http://www.protomen.com/
They've got a short film directly tied to the flavor of the song 'Light Up the Night', which a lot of this game used flavor from, and you can find their tour dates if you're in America and maybe catch them live?
I went to a show just a few months ago in New Orleans. It was pretty great.
They don't have anything up for 2018 yet, but they usually tour in the first half of each year, so I'd keep an eye out.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2597 (isolation #70) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

<3

I was secretly hoping it'd go for at least another day phase or two, but it was really important for The State to lock down an early victory or town would turn against them.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2602 (isolation #71) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:35 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Hey, folks. I know some of you were interested in what my next game might be.
Here goes:
viewtopic.php?p=10002880#p10002880

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”