Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I'll stay at perfect
10s
for both evil and complexity.

1) Existentialism
2) Things that don't make sense
3) Literary Characters
4) Historical Disfigurements (seriously, what the hell does this even mean?)
5) Authority Figures

Themewise, I expect to be surprised and delighted. Nothing less will do.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:41 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Paradoxombie wrote:I gotta say, I don't trust Adel's private question answers. She put a 1 for the alignment question but couldn't she very easily PM a real set of private answers, maybe putting 10 for that? Seems like an early attempt to gain the future town's trust. Same goes for her putting 9 for being comfortable ith a post restriction, couldn't that be a prospective mafia's excuse to lurk?

FOS
Do you realize that you're probably FOSing a player without a role?

Juding by the fact that you
already
have an agenda, I would say you got a role early.

Lucky bastard.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #61 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Hmmm...

I wonder what would happen if 7 people voted for cicero before the game even started.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@Xyzzy: I'm only scum during the day, silly. Go read your role again.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #90 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

*sigh*

I'll
do it for real.

Vote: Guardian
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #98 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Guardian wrote: So if you lynch the player who was going to be the un-night-killable cop, doc, vig, and the rest of the setup was townies
All townies huh?

We'd still win!

But seriously, I'm with shaft. What exactly are we supposed to be producing without roles or rules?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #124 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I don't even have to read it. Mafia 471, in terms of lying townies, beats it hands down. ABR, rightly, had me nailed as GF. D3, Kravhen (completely of his own accord) claimed a watcher role that he didn't have and said he saw me go to the house of the guy who died. When the cop came out with an innocent on me, Kravhen changed to being a mason with ABR (completely fake) who
backs his claim
. In the space of a single day, 2 people made 3 fake claims (we ended up lynching somebody else anyway ftw)

In all seriousness, lynching someone pregame to be historic or to balance the setup is purely asinine. Unless we break the setup (which I doubt Guardian would allow, and has the capability to change so that it is no longer broken) were essentially just losing a townie and a player. Shame on Adel/Lawrencelot
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #136 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Hmmm

12 pegs might be a player list. "From the ground" is vague, and it might not be based on the 1st post list.

If it is, the two "pegged" players are either Adel and Rogueben or Paradoxombie and hasdgfas.

Nothing else means anything to me. I was going to point out that stormy weather - wind doesn't make sense, but then I remembered.

Vote: Rogueben
. Why no pregame participation?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #146 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Xtoxm wrote:NabNab, does your role make sense?
Kinda, but I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not.

Let's just say I figured out what "Historical Disfigurements" means.

IMO, massclaiming would give scum a major advantage. Let's think about this for a second.

1) Both the flavor and powers of every role in the game are likely to be non-standard. It's not like this is a situation where we can pick out which Stargate franchise a role is from or whether or not a cop would be balanced in this setup. It would be incredibly easy for scum to fakeclaim with few or no repercussions.
2) Assuming all members of the town claim accurately, we're taking away the best weapon the town has in this setup, surprise. Every player in this game likely has a role that can do something unexpected. If we have good timing and good instincts, we should be able to do it when the scum aren't expecting it, but if everybody's role is out there in the thread, the scum can plan ahead and will never be caught off-guard.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #152 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

cicero wrote:NabNab, What did you really expect to come out of that Rogueben vote?

What else would he say?

What do you think of his answer now?
Even though we had a "pregame", I still think some random/semi-random voting is appropriate owing to the fact that most or all of us just got roles. Before we didn't have anything to do but screw around; now we actually have motives and goals. In the interest of sparking discussion, I decided to lay a vote on somebody who hadn't talked much. He talked; his opinion on the situation* has been documented; everything's cool.

Unvote

*"I agree with X, Y, and Z, but certainly not with xyzzy"
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #159 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:21 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Lawrencelot wrote: Xtoxm: please, tell us how a massclaim would be good for town.
This is important. I'm surprised nobody (myself included) thought to ask this until now.

The only problem is we have two people supporting the massclaim. It's origin (xyzzy) and its backer (Xtoxm), and only the first one to answer will provide anything relevant. I propose an anti-race. First one of the two to post loses.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #161 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:34 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

It's a very difficult question to answer. The first one to answer just gets burned, but the second one:
a) Has a place to hide if need be
b) Has a barometer of reactions to the first explanation and can perhaps think of something better

In light of the whole "(dis)honest agreement/support" argument, this is even more significant.

Of couse, my explaining it detail probably just balanced things out nicely.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #165 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:57 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Vote: Paradoxombie

Can nobody tell me
why
a massclaim would be helpful? All I've heard is "It might be helpful at some point" For what reason? I'd rather go into a deadline with confused scum than suddenly enlightened scum.

I've already given two reasons why massclaiming would be a stupid idea. Could something happen in the game that invalidates or overpowers my reasons? Probably (both hinge on this game's unpredictability in the first place), but that's beside the point. The point is that nobody has refuted my reasons or provided any why masscliaming would be a good idea. Why is it therefore acceptable to vote somebody because they think that massclaiming isn't a good idea!?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #167 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Paradoxombie wrote:I'll answer if you answer a question of mine. Why did you ignore the first 5 people who voted before me?
Isn't it obvious?

They were voting people for
supporting
a massclaim. I think that a massclaim would support the scum, so it would make sense (WIFOM aside) for scum to propose one. I'm unsure as to whether or not voting somebody who supports a massclaim is really the best course of action, but I can definitely understand it from a town perspective.

However, I have yet to see an actual justification for a massclaim, so voting somebody for
opposing
massclaiming makes no sense from a town perspective. How exactly does Adel opposing a massclaim make her scum?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #172 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:25 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

shaft.ed wrote: And
FoS NabNab
for his overly hard pushback of the claim supporters.
I'll push back against bullshit, and I definitely smell bullshit amongst the claim supporters. So far, the best I've gotten out of them is When. I'm looking for the
Why
. There certainly is one; nobody does anything without a Why. I just suspect that at least a few of them wouldn't be comfortable sharing their Why with the entire town.

I think you need to recalibrate your threashold for "hard". Voting someone for something you see as suspicious and stating your reasons is acceptably hard. Joining the biggest bandwagon just to see what happens is not.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #193 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:00 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

shaft.ed wrote:
NabNab wrote:I think you need to recalibrate your threashold for "hard". Voting someone for something you see as suspicious and stating your reasons is acceptably hard. Joining the biggest bandwagon just to see what happens is not.
Don't get your panties in a twist. I'll be moving my vote once the mod posts in game again. And I think you are confusing my use of the word hard. I did not mean difficult, I meant rigorous.
(Sentence by sentence)
Sorry
Well that lasted all of one minute
Nope, I'm not
Xtoxm wrote: I'm gonna claim if I get another vote on me guys.
Is this a threat? It reads like one.

VI is a term I coined a while back that stands for "Village Idiot", essentially, a player who completely fails to understand the game or the way it is played and should therefore be ignored (though rarely lynched). Its not a term I like to throw around. Aside from being a downright insult, it carries strong implications (for me at least) on whether or not they should be lynched. A VI is so unreadable that neither innocence or guilt can be proven or even dected, so it's usually best to leave them alone. Lynching them gets the town nothing as its very difficult to analyze relationships with a VI.

I wouldn't call you a VI, Xtoxm. Adel is just being a jerk. Not that that doesn't benefit you. Her "antivote" was a whimsical way of following standard VI prodedure (don't lynch)

If you want to prove that you're no VI, step up your game. Did you seriously expect anybody to accept "To try and figure out who scum are ofcourse." as a legitimate explanation? At the very least, give a multiline explanation for why you think the claim supporters are town.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #201 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Paradoxombie wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:How exactly does Adel opposing a massclaim make her scum?

I guess the same dynamic that makes rougeben scum for not participating pre-game[/sarcasm]. I think it's only fair if Adel would vote someone for disagreeing with her(or rather agreeing with scum) that she accept being voted for the same reasoning. I'd rather not say why I support a massclaim, atm.
Who said Adel voted because somebody disagrees with her? Could it have been that she voted because somebody was doing something scummy? How does saying "Well... it's OK for me to vote her because she voted somebody else." justify anything? It still fails to explain why her actions were suspicious and is expressly hypocritical.

Either way, you can't even claim you're following the "same reasoning" because reasoning isn't even involved in your post! You restrict voting to the abstract, but in actuality Adel voted somebody for a reason (supporting a massclaim), and the reason you're voting (objecting to a massclaim) is the
exact opposite
. How could you possibly equate the two?

If you're not willing to back something up. Don't say it.

@shaft.ed: Your continued interest in experimental voting disturbs me. You seem to be searching for the most volitile voting pattern when we should be searching for scum. If I may ask, is this related at all to your role?

@Vollkan: Give him a break; it's Adel. It took me a while to get "antivote", too.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #206 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Ok, this is starting to get ridiculous.
Let's handle the questions first:
Paradoxombie wrote: How is it hypocritical?
You voted Adel, no? A vote is a bad thing. It is a thing that says "I want to lynch you". You were saying it was OK to vote Adel because she voted xyzzy. If it were simply expressed in terms of retribution, it would simply be a case of "eye for an eye", barbaric but somewhat acceptable. Instead you are justifying the thing you did by saying that you're doing it to a person who did the exact same thing. That is hypocrisy.
Paradoxombie wrote: Why is it fair to vote for having one opinion, but not for having the other?
Seriously?

Did you seriously ask that question?

We've already been over this. One opinion is scummy, it is dificult to explain with logic why it is good for the town. The other opinion mades a degree of sense. If you want to make the assertion that all opinions are equally allowable, why are you even playing Mafia?
Paradoxombie wrote: Why? You're the one treating things abstractly now. Just because I can't supply reasons for my thinking, my thoughts must now be arbitrary, random, or meaningless?
Yes, bascially. Is it really too much to ask people to explain their thinking? If you can explain your thinking in-thread without looking like scum, then your idea probably has merit. If somebody can't explain their thinking that means their idea is probably backed by craplogic, scumlogic, or no logic at all. In this case, I have no idea because you won't tell me. I realize that roles are wonky in this game and am willing to give you a pass on that point (out of the many I have brought up), but as a peice of general advice, you shouldn't just expect people to take your word for things.

I don't like to speak for Adel at length, but couldn't it be possible that it was the scumminess of xyzzy's opinion, not the fact that it was different from hers that caused her to vote?

Oh, and Mafia =/= Newton
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #216 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:45 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Paradoxomibe wrote: I still don't see the hypocrisy here. Where did I say an action was bad and did it myself?
It all depends on the understood connotation of a vote which you seem to dismiss at will. Except under clearly defined circumstances, a vote symbolizes
at least
suspicion of being scum. You voted Adel and therefore suspected her of being scum. Why? Because she opposed a massclaim. That was fine (if wrong); I didn't call that hypocrisy, but when you tried to justify that vote further by saying that Adel voted xyzzy. You called Adel scummy for voting xyzzy, yet voted her yourself making yourself scummy by your own standards. Now, that isn't particuarly aggregious, but it's easy to do something scummy by your own standards when your standards for scumminess are so all-encompassing. In large part, it was those wide, undiscrimnating standards for scummy behavior (voting a player) that I was pointing out.
Paradoxombie wrote: You think my opinion is wrong, so of course you're going to think my action based on that opinion is wrong.
Yes and yes. You seem to be treating this situation as if it is composed of two equal yet opposing viewpoints, that it's an issue of playstyle or personality. It isn't. My position is backed by facts. I have already made it very clear why massclaiming would be a bad idea. You continue to avoid (for whatever reason) to explain your own side of the argument. How could you possibly expect people to give you equal credence given these circumstances? Until you provide evidence to the contrary, it isn't just that I think you are wrong.
You are wrong

I'm done speaking for Adel, but I would caution you about jumping to conclusions when it comes to other player's thinking.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #233 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:23 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Not sure if Paradox is backpedaling or just making up for lackluster explanation in the past. I'll keep my vote where it is, and maybe we'll find out.

Could it just be that the leading wagon gets one extra vote? Considering the whole "7 to lynch" thing, this wouldn't actually affect game mechanics outside of perception (it would still take 6 votes to lynch a player, it would just read 7). Curse this theme!
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #241 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Claim 1. W
Claim 2. I
Claim 3. F
Claim 4. O
Claim 5. M

@Paradoxombie: If that was your explanation for why a massclaim could benefit the town, why didn't you share pages ago?
Xtoxm wrote: If rolename's are anything like mine there's no link that can be drawn to the actual role, and I thought it might out the scum by having useless claims.
What makes you think only role-names would be acceptable?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #260 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:04 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

/agrees with cicero on name-claiming
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #271 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Paradoxombie wrote: I think the reason is obvious, and you indicate it yourself in this same quote. The more I explain what will be scummy, the harder scum will try to avoid those pitfalls.
So this has nothing to do with the role-related reason you intimated earlier?

I agree with cicero that the setup is "unfinished" but perhaps not for the right reasons. The story is obviously not done yet, and we still have no idea what the vast majority of our surroundings are for. Let's learn how to play with our toys before we break them.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #279 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:05 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@Paradoxombie: I could have sworn you said something about your role affecting your desire to massclaim, but I can't find it now. I might have just been seeing a phantom. (If you want evidence that this isn't a new development, check the end of my post 17, I must have read something in that quote that wasn't there).

I beleive Pikachu = deadline.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #282 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:20 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Da Rules wrote: 10. Each period of Day will have a deadline of ~3 weeks, possibly less as the game progresses. There will be no extensions. A deadline is a deadline, so talk while you can.
Gamestart ~1 week ago

Also, does anybody remember this one?
Da Rules wrote: 9.75. The role name Harry Potter or any derivation thereof is assigned to a player with the alignment of pro-town.
Or should we be paying more attention to Page 1?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #286 (isolation #25) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Xtoxm wrote:Hmm. Well, my anme has nothing to do with Harry Potter.

Perhaps stuff to do with Harry Potter is the scum?
Why do you insist on dropping hints?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #299 (isolation #26) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Adel wrote:
vollkan wrote:I'll answer this question if a majority of people wish me to do so.
don't answer it.
QFT
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #315 (isolation #27) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:18 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

cicero wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:These:
Paradoxombie wrote: Cicero, I'm interested in why you think the Mod still hasn't completed the game? Also, your opinion that people's names might give up clues about their role seems off. We all have roles, so couldn't a player who felt their name gave away something simply state that for themselves? Xtoxm has already admitted his role has nothing to do with his name and I'm willing to admit the same.

You seem to imagine only negative possibilities, when surely you can just as easily imagine positive possibilities in the fashion I did. You seem to believe that scum may have fakeclaims. I'm not sure how common that is, but if the mod was warning us against claiming as you, yourself, interpreted, isn't that a potential sign?
Ah those. Well they seem to be trying to do through the backdoor what I've expressly opposed doing through the front door. You are fishing for information about my role quite brazenly. Actually I pretty much think they deserve a
Vote: Paradox

Maybe everything you've said about roles is consistent with mine. Maybe it's all wrong. Maybe I have reason to agree with you. Maybe I have reason to disagree with you. But I'm not discussing roles - flavor or role - at this time.

I will say the following to everyone:

- you cannot know if your role name will help scum find out your role. You simply
cannot
know that. Because all Guardian has to do is put in a role that says "give me so and so's flavor name and you'll get an answer as to their role". I do not know that such a role is not in this game. Honestly that's a pretty weird role and is unlikely, but this is a weird game so I rule absolutely nothing out. And the more I get pressed to reveal info about my role, the more I have to assume there's a good reason why I shouldnt.

- Safe claims: Sometimes scum have them. Sometimes they do not. The more elaborate the setup, the greater the likelyhood that they have safe claims. This is a fairly elaborate set up.
Not to mention role cops. I remember breifly replacing into PJ's Animaniacs Mafia where there was a "Human Cop" and a "Gender Cop" who could verify or refute name/role claims.

Has no one thought to
Prod xyzzy
?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #357 (isolation #28) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:29 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

shaft.ed wrote:
Lawrencelot wrote:I need to find a better word for someone like this:
Newbie doesn't even begin to describe it.
I think VI fits the bill at this point.

Absent the claim, I think it would be safe to start with the condition that Xtoxm is a newb. Attentive to that, why would it make sense that his lack of seriousness points to scum? When has anybody ever seen newb scum undone by being too lighthearted? Eager, craplogicy, lurkerish, yes. But very rarely jokey.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #384 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

xyzzy wrote:I don't believe this claim at all.

Flavor?
Seriously?
With "things that don't make sense" as a main theme, just about everything is up in the air, and Napoleon Dynamite follows the theme on yet another level (Dynamite the character rarely made much sense)

Judging by the quad post, I thought Xtoxm could have some sort of posting restriciton (one line?), and even though he very rarely wraps around, it doesn't hold through the game, so is probably more style than restriction. (Though lets not rule out a less likely possibility of a more vauge restriction along the lines of "Be a semi-retarded quote magnet for preteens")
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #403 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:53 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Just so there's no confusion here.

Napoleon Dynamite was an American movie that was extremely popular with certain crowds a few years back. I assume "Napoleon's Dynamite" is a play on this.
Adel wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:a more vauge restriction along the lines of "Be a quote magnet for semi-retarded preteens")
how did you guess my post restriction?
Sigged!
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #410 (isolation #31) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:28 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

The Shaft.ed Thesis seems needlessly convoluted to me. Is it possible that Xtoxm's behavior is incompetent distancing? Yes. Is it also possible that Xtoxm's behavior is incompetent scumwagoning? Townwagoning? Double yes.

Frankly, I don't see the distancing. If anything, its bussing because Xtoxm is essentially committing himself to Adel's lynch. Any attempts to back down should a bandwagon get going would be incredibly scummy. Could Xtoxm be incompetent enough to have not realized this? Sure. But questions like that aren't proof of anything, just an example of why its so frustrating to play with a VI. Additionally, I submit that there are more of these types of questions that reject Shaft.ed's Thesis than support it (Why bus Adel in the first place? Why keep going even after you've been called on it? Why ignore what would have been the direct advisement of a scumbuddy and claim?)
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #415 (isolation #32) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:09 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Xtoxm wrote:I'm not a "VI" NN, and if you keep being disrespectful to me I shall do the same to you.
Respect ain't free, and threats don't help.

I still maintain that Pikachu = deadline, but the reference to somebody controlling throws me. Perhaps somebody who gets to kill if the town goes up to deadline?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #422 (isolation #33) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Adel wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:Adel why are you praying on the weak?
1. my new avatar seems to encourage my taste for destruction.
2. my role pm seems to indicate that if someone uses their daykill before me then I lose my ability. I think Xtomx made the common power-role mistake of mentioning his ability due to a desire for status and recognition. In case he has a daykill then I wanted to use my before he could use his. Regardless of alignment I didn't trust him to make a kill that would help the town win.
What made you jump from "Not Doc" to "Dayvig"?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #429 (isolation #34) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:20 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Adel wrote:
Lawrencelot wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Taking this off watched topics.
You don't even know if her daykill was real or fake...

What is OSV kill? 1-shot vig?

Anyway, even if Adel's kill was fake, I'm pretty sure Xtoxm is town. If it was real, we'll find out soon. Not that it matters, but I think the latter is more likely. The next question is: should we lynch Adel if Xtoxm is town? I'm not sure, I was a bit suspicious of Adel earlier, but I can understand her reasons for killing Xtoxm as town, although I don't agree with it. I also want to know how she jumped from not doc to dayvig as nabnab puts it, cuz it seemed she was right.
I'm good at identifying powerroles, I just usually don't get a chance to publically demonstrate my ability.
How about a chance to explain it?

And I realize this is a silly question, but why would Xtoxm the vig fakeclaim as a doc?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #436 (isolation #35) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

^^

Let's wait until the next official mod post to make determinations about Adel's validity.

If however, it was a bluff and/or Xtoxm is still alive, it would be a good idea to prod him as such considering that he'll have no way of knowing.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #441 (isolation #36) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

NabakovNabakov wrote: If however, it was a bluff and/or Xtoxm is still alive, it would be a good idea to prod him as such considering that he'll have no way of knowing.
One way to see it: Considering that it's Xtoxm we're talking about. If he had been scum, he would have said so right after being fake dayvigged.

@Adel: Straight up y/n:

Do you have a daykill?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #444 (isolation #37) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

^^Don't let that meta get out or we'll be up to our asses in it.

shaft.ed wrote:obviously not, he's still voting. I don't think a townie would leave the game like that.

vote: Xtoxm
Someone who had been berated for being an idiot would.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #447 (isolation #38) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Xtoxm is not lurking nor did he ever declare the intention to lurk. As far as he knew, he was dead. If anything, he quit.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #462 (isolation #39) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:31 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@Paradoxombie: You should know better than to play around with "he's smarter than he looks" considering that the benifit of the doubt is the only thing keeping your neck out of the noose.

Here's a question: If Xtoxm is so damn smart that he can play us all for saps, why did he choose to do what he did? How would it benefit the scum for him to fakeclaim without provocation, get fakedayvigged, and fakeleave the game? What does he stand to gain?

In my opinion, Xtoxm's craplogic, his faux-pas have been earnest. He wasn't thinking and therefore said stupid things. Your craplogic, however, reads as malicious. It is couched in dense paragraphs in the hopes that no one will notice.

I'm more happy with my vote than ever.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #470 (isolation #40) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Paradoxombie wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:@Paradoxombie: You should know better than to play around with "he's smarter than he looks" considering that the benifit of the doubt is the only thing keeping your neck out of the noose.
That sounds like a threat. Am I still being lynched for having an interest in a massclaim?
It's an observation. It's not my fault if the truth is threatening.

Right now, I'm voting you because you're pushing a clearly bullshit case on Xtoxm. Either prove the meta you referenced or back out like you set yourself up to.

And I'm pretty sure Adel's vote puts you at L-1. You might want to consider claiming.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #471 (isolation #41) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Wait!

Shaft.ed is a double-voter. I think we just hit twilight.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #478 (isolation #42) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Oh, silly me.

I was counting my vote confirmation as a fresh vote.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #501 (isolation #43) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:21 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Here's "Rule 9.75" quoted in full
Rule 9.75 wrote: 9.75. The role name Harry Potter or any derivation thereof is assigned to a player with the alignment of pro-town.
At first I had the idea that there might be a role out there with a limited ability to augment the rule set and therefore create beneficial situations for their faction, but based on the language and specificity of 9.75 I would say that's unlikey (not to mention the balance nightmare such a role would cause)

I think it's safe to say that "Neville Longbottom" is not "Harry Potter" nor is it a derivation thereof (unless we want to get into an argument about their connection via prophecy). 9.75 therefore seems to not apply (another thing that makes me suspect it was not the work of a player)

Another observation: the rules post was last updated March 13 (five days ago), but I have no idea in what capacity. Somebody with a better memory than mine might want to go back and check for any significant abberations (because we all read the rules, of course)
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #517 (isolation #44) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Adel wrote:Xtoxm: did you catch that paradox claimed doctor? And a name from Harry Potter?

Please read his posts and quickly tell us what you think of his alignment! You'll be dead soon and you won't be allowed to post in the thread anymore!
This reminds me
I wrote: @Adel: Straight up y/n:

Do you have a daykill?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #543 (isolation #45) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Adel wrote:There is no chance that he has a post restriction. The entire subject could be a ruse to distract us. There is a deadline.

look at the number and variety of his posts?
Is his style consistent with other games? Past games?

Only if the answer to those questions are all definitive should there be another post on the subject. Period.
This reminds me
NabakovNabakov wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Adel wrote:Xtoxm: did you catch that paradox claimed doctor? And a name from Harry Potter?

Please read his posts and quickly tell us what you think of his alignment! You'll be dead soon and you won't be allowed to post in the thread anymore!
This reminds me
I wrote: @Adel: Straight up y/n:

Do you have a daykill?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #557 (isolation #46) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:39 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Ok guys, time to get serious about deadline. It's probably coming saturday, maybe earlier

Reading Guardian's deadline rules, it seems that we're far from having "a majority of votes cast" on any one player and would therefore No Lynch if nothing changes.

At this point, I wouldn't mind a Paradox or Lawrence lynch, but I'd honestly be willing to vote anybody if it meant avoiding a No Lynch. I think the first order of business should be to get the fairly pointless votes off of Xyzzy unless someone can provide a good reason for them being there.

Also
Mod:
can we have a prod on Cicero
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #588 (isolation #47) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:40 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Adel wrote:that being said, that he publically figured out that he was the one with double vote is pretty townie... if I had that ability as scum I would figure it out in secret... actually if I had that power as town I would figure it out in secret... so nevermind.
Maybe
you
figure it out in secret, but the person who happens to pay attention to vote counts won't.

If I had to bet, I would put my money on there being a role that can assign a double vote, not that shaft.ed is a double voter. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #598 (isolation #48) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Dead reckoning VC:

Paradoxombie[3] (NabakovNabakov, cicero, Rogueben)
xyzzy[2] (Xtoxm, Paradoxombie)
Xtoxm[1] (hasdgfas)
shaft.ed[1] (vollkan)

That's 7 votes on, 4 to lynch at deadline. Another vote would bump the number to 5. If Xtoxm, Paradoxombie, hasdgfas, vollkan, or shaft.ed vote Paradox we have a lynch. Varoius other combinations of votes or unvotes cound result in a lynch, but as it stands we're staring down a No Lynch, which is unacceptable.

There's nothing
I
can do about this, people. Find a way.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #602 (isolation #49) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Xtoxm wrote:What? It's 7 to lynch..
Deadline rules wrote: At deadline, if a player has a majority of the votes being cast (e.g. all votes not on Not Voting) that player will be lynched. Otherwise, no lynch will occur and night will commence.
7 voting players (now 6 thanks to hasd) = 4 to lynch. Now anybody can vote Paradox to acheive a lynchable count.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #621 (isolation #50) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:24 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Dead Reckoning VC

Paradoxombie[3] (NabakovNabakov, cicero, vollkan)
xyzzy[5] (Xtoxm, Paradoxombie, Lawrencelot, Adel, Rogueben)

8 votes on, 5 to lynch

I'd still rather lynch Paradox than xyzzy, and if we're going to lynch a lurker, I'd prefer Rogueben. Xyzzy would be an information poor lynch for more reasons than the ones cicero laid down. His wagon has grown primarly at deadline, and many of the people on it have used "It's deadline and we need a lynch" reasoning. If Xyzzy turns out town (or scum), the fact that his wagon was provoked by the deadline would cloud any analysis of it. However, we already have a Paradox wagon up to L-1 that happened under normal circumstances.

Xyzzy: When did you name claim before, was it in pre-game?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #628 (isolation #51) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:39 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Xtoxm: Then vote for him damnit. Adel too. I'll be on all day and can move if necessary to a lynch.

Unvote; Vote: Rogueben

(I realize this contradicts what I just said about clouded wagons, but I really do like this wagon better than the other two options, and I'll try to post a PBPA later today to make up for it)

Paradoxombie[2] (cicero, vollkan)
Rogueben[3](Shaft.ed, NabNab)

10 on, 6 to lynch. If Xtoxm and Adel vote, we only have to pull one more vote to Rogueben or an unvote off the board.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #636 (isolation #52) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:59 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Xtoxm:

Acronyms aren't going to cut it

Much Love.

NabNab

@Cicero: Vote RB y/n?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #640 (isolation #53) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:07 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

shaft.ed wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:Xtoxm: Then vote for him damnit. Adel too. I'll be on all day and can move if necessary to a lynch.

Unvote; Vote: Rogueben

(I realize this contradicts what I just said about clouded wagons, but I really do like this wagon better than the other two options, and I'll try to post a PBPA later today to make up for it)

Paradoxombie[2] (cicero, vollkan)
Rogueben[3](Shaft.ed, NabNab)

10 on, 6 to lynch. If Xtoxm and Adel vote, we only have to pull one more vote to Rogueben or an unvote off the board.
I find vote counts to be a universal scumtell.
IGMEOY: NabNab
Your idea intrigues me. I would consider VC's acceptable at this point considering that we're walking a tightrope between lynch and no-lynch and mod VC's have been infrequent at best. In other words, the "universal" seems a bit strong
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #665 (isolation #54) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:02 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

shaft.ed wrote:I still want a claim.
unvote
while I'm around.
Too late, Lawrence just hammered. (Perhaps a VC would have helped things out)

RB was at 5 in VC 11. Paradox voted him, that's 6. Lawrence votes - lynch.

Oh, and Xtoxm is bitching because his vote was on xyzzy
and
RB. Probably just mod error.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #696 (isolation #55) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:05 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I loathe "accidental" hammers.

So it seems that after all this bru-ha-ha, we still end up with a no-lynch
and
a depleted governor (if everything RB and Lawrence say is to be taken as truth)

Let's see:

Xtoxm - "Napoleon's Dynamite" Some sort of doctor/OSV
Paradoxombie- "Neville Longbottom" Some sort of doctor
Xyzzy- "Triforce of Wisdom" Unknown
Rogueben- "Link" Forced-kill vig
Lawrencelot- "[unknown]" OSG

Huh, maybe we massclaimed after all.

Considering the mechanics revealed so far (Vig and Doc heavy), it would be prudent to keep the possibility of a mod fake-out in mind.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #701 (isolation #56) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:29 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

shaft.ed wrote:
Adel wrote:is it possible that shaft.ed doesn't really have two votes? Could the TV have lied to us?
If that were the case than lynch would come at 6 votes.
Not necessarily, and either way, that wouldn't affect the fact that we're well past deadline by now.

Perhaps Lawrence's governor ability gave us a new day?

@Lawrencelot: Would there be any aspect of your Role PM that would indicate this

Mod:
Vote Count please. Also, isn't that the Mr. Grey font from Dantes in Fresno?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #736 (isolation #57) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:49 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Are "bah" posts allowed?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1578 (isolation #58) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Bah, I wish I could have been around for longer, especially given that my role was one of the most useful.

Great setup, great play.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”