SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

I haven't read anything yet, but hello. I'll definitely catch up sometime tomorrow afternoon
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

ahhh I just read the post above me!

As I said, I'll try to catch up tomorrow afternoon, and by afternoon I actually mean after 6pm..I forgot it's Wednesday and I have class. I will decide if whatever situation is going on warrants claiming then.
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Decided to skip my last class. meh.
So-

Ok, well..sweet. I replaced an idiot.

I can definitely understand where people are coming from. Especially because of that one post "I am jester"...wtf? I hate when people say things to garner more suspicion just because they get mad that they're under pressure. So, my predecssor..not playing so smart if he wants to help out the town.
I can't really answer for his actions too much otherwise.

I do feel like the wagon grew pretty quickly over one move, which seems to be the "flip". Again, can't really say how he was thinking but he did try to answer and all I can say is that whatever answers he has are his play theory (i.e. being comfortable at the idea of putting CO at -2) and they aren't coming from a scum position. Me claiming won't help anything at this point, I feel.
There definitely needs to be some backing off and re-evaluating if we want to get a correct lynch for the day. I am not it.
I realize the day has been very long (time-wise) and people would maybe like to just move on. I think with replacements coming in, hopefully more active ones, that we can get going at a quicker pace but still make smart decisions.

With that from my initial read-through, I'm re-reading a 2nd time with notepad open and my thoughts jotted down.
Here they are(maybe questions thrown in) thus far:
Post #'s are all in all-players view.

Deliciousgoldfish on post #41, ends her post by saying "my thoughts are scattered..", while it was posted in the wee hours, I still thought it was kind of odd to quantify that. Making it so if there's errors she can say "oh but I was tired"?

#46 says she voted to rock the boat. I doubt that. It only seemed that way after CO responded the way he did, but I don't think your original intention was "oh let's see if CO reacts to this random silly-type vote I'm doing". Though I do agree that he reacted oddly ..if I were him, I wouldn't have given it a second thought,but I still don't think that your original intention was to get a rise out of CO. It just simply does not read that way.

SilverPhoenix on #52 rings very true to me... random voting not to be taken too much too heart.

Perfect628 on #56 -prompted me to look at Perfect628-only view...because #56(all-view) was unhelpful, delayed, added absolutely nothing to the game, and I didn't remember seeing them post too much before then.

Also, it wasn't like the "hey what's up guys?"/"insert witty line to someone's post" kind of unhelpful comments, but the "I'm trying to look like I'm actually saying something worthwhile" type of unhelpful comments, which usually put me on alert.
A Perfect628-only view shows a lurker, basically. Whenever they do comment, it is usually just echoing others. They've been gone for like a month, though..so I guess there's not a whole lot we can do as far as digging deeper. If they are still around then I say - read through the game..what are your opinions? It's only 10 pages so get to it.

Deliciousgoldfish on #70...sits on the line about CO, leaning towards scummy or at least demanding more of an explanation. But, then adds suspicion on d3sisted for placing a 4th vote on CO. Well, it's like..you want the guy to have pressure or not? Later (#75), you keep bringing up that the longer CO takes to post, the more suspicious he looks. You definitely seem like you're trying to keep suspicion on him while feeling out the d3sisted situation, being able to crawl over that way if the bandwagon should go. You keep saying that CO isn't necessarily scum, but did something scummy and then continue to build scummy things about him. At what point does he stop being scummy and become scum?

I feel that Thanatos is pretty honest in his reason to re-vote d3sisted, based on the IDEA that L-2 was ok with d3sisted. Makes me want to look harder at others who decide to go with this, because they are the latch-on-ers.

Delicious in #86 again quantifies that she's "going crazy". 2nd time saying something similar, and I don't get why townie would feel the need to keep saying things like that, almost as excuses for the content in their post (not that there was anything particularly strongly wrong with it).

hasdgfas- makes the point of saying de3sisted "flips" his vote. On my first read-through, it kind of seemed that way to me too..or at least, I could see where people are coming from.

Upon closer inspection, I believe he was specifically asking Gorrad. And Gorrad did too, since he answered d3sisted at #62. I don't think d3sisted was saying "woah, everyone in the game, why CO all of a sudden?" I think he saw Gorrad's unvote/vote post, misread it as a sudden vote (as Gorrad answered to on #62), and was questioning him. To further support this, Gorrad would have been vote #2 - one would hardly call that a bandwagon. So, again, doesn't seem in line with questioning about an entire bandwagon since there was none at this point.

Later, when he felt the need to put more pressure on CO (presumably for not really posting much of a response, but I don't know as I'm not him), he puts his vote there. Then people want to call that flipping, when it really isn't. Gorrad seemed to make an odd move (unvote/vote without saying much [as I said, d3sisted must not have seen the "I forgot" part or whatever])

Now, in #90 d3sisted does say that he was commenting on CO's wagon growing. However, I think that he probably forgot his post and is just responding to recent things being told to him-just like with the L-2 situation, which he didn't actually do L-2 but went along with what others told him. He didn't even pick up on the whole point that he didn't ACTUALLY put CO at L-2 until post #140, far beyond the time that that had been discussed. Not the most detail-oriented player ever, obviously. Why the hell he only obviously skimmed the game, especially under scrutiny, is a mystery to me.

I can only say what I see, which is that people, first hasdgfas, jumped erroneously onto this. Purposefully or not is the real question.

So, my question to hasdgfas is..do you not see it that way? What made you think he was addressing everyone?

Also - Gorrad, you didn't catch this though you answered him in #62 (which has me assume that you realized it was addressed to you at the time). So, what are your thoughts on this? Was he specifically addressing you or not?

d3sisted's #129 is probably his only clear moment. I totally agree with it.

HC's #193 about deliciousgoldfish's contradiction is one I agree with. IDK if you were joking, but I'm more serious about that. All of a sudden the whole d3sisted and CO things were BS? hmmf. That wasn't voiced earlier or played that way earlier from you at all. I do see you explain yourself later but the explanation doesn't quite satisfy. It seems like you're just switching between targets, Natude being someone who had maybe a little more "hard evidence" to go after...lynch lurkers is a popular one with the scum, IMO.

So, with that I
vote DeliciousGoldfish
HOS hasdgfas
FOS Perfect

These are just the things that pop out during 2nd readthrough. I'm sure there's others..some things stuck out when I did initial readthrough and I don't think they did the 2nd time. I'll read through games over and over to see what all pops out at different points, so I'll have more thoughts throughout, I'm sure.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

er..and
unvote
I guess sorry..forgot the most recent count has d3stisted's previous vote.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

oh, no, I understand that Gorrad did indeed explain his vote the page before. But, it is fairly clear that d3sisted didn't bother to read things closely in the slightest. And as I said in my post, I wasn't the only one who took it that way (that it was addressed to Gorrad rather than the group), since Gorrad directly replied to that post.

and as far as your statement that people who "refuse" to claim = scum, 1- "refuse" is a strong word. It was suggested by one person and I said I feel it won't help really at this point. There's only a couple of ways claiming helps at this point and those aren't my situation, that's as far as I can go here. I'm sorry if you think I should take the easier(?)path and just give it all up and claim right away. I choose to actually try playing by other means. 2- I think that statement is quite the generalization, and a great way to keep the suspicion up.

I think I make my case and I think there are people who are scummier if we really look back through and do some more analyzation.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

hasdgfas wrote:mostly because later d3sisted said that it was his reaction the the wagon. Then you come in and say that he didn't mean what he said? I'm not buying it.
Sorry, just read this more thoroughly. And yeah, I know that part is a stretch and really I can only interpret what I see, because I know my/his alignment. That's the only explanation I can figure out for him. I don't know. He just played all crazy and I don't know what to say about that.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:09 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

SeraphicMirth wrote:er..and
unvote
I guess sorry..forgot the most recent count has d3stisted's previous vote.
ah, I just realized this may read as unvoting my vote on delicious rather than wherever d3sisted's was. So..
unvote everything
vote deliciousgoldfish
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Well, does anyone have any other suspicions or questioning? So that we don't have to sit around on DG.

What's everyone getting on their rereads and whatnot?
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Ack..I'm a horrible replacement :-/ I'll try to post some more tomorrow though not a whole lot has happened since my last post. I am wondering on the people who are content to sit on DG...there's more than one scum, so let's try moving onto others?
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:38 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Ack. dang..I totally understand this because I do realize he played so crazy for a townie. But really, I am not the lynch. :-/ I don't have more of a case to make than the one I already did. unfortunately, the people who I think actually need a closer look are being replaced. so...I guess I'm in a tough situation.

I'm just saying..if you guys want to lynch to have a lynch then it makes sense but if you want a lynch that is scum, then we need to hold out some more. Hopefully we get a slew of replacements soon.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Wow... no.

First off, I agree with all your points on DG, since I, too, point the finger at her. I still think she is the most suspicious.

But where you go SO wrong is with the 2 quotes at the end, what a stretch! and you get an
FOS Haschel
for that.

Yes, my goal is to move us onto something else. The motive is where you stretch things.

Here's the quite logical train of thought on those 2 posts:
I post my opinion/defense.
Several people posted after me, unvoting me. Then, the game slowed. The first unvote was on the 23rd, followed by a couple more that same day. Another on the 24th..then 2 days pass before another unvote comes on the 26th. Pretty much every unvote says they need to re-read or are waiting on more discussion from others. Then the next is HC prodding for DG to speak on the 27th.

Esentially, we had all been waiting on a defense from DG since the 23rd and by the 28th, 5 days, no one had posted anything with any content because we're waiting on DG (from what it seemed to me). So, in an attempt to get us moving a little more,I take advantage of the fact that we have more than one scum. So if I pinned DG with my points and she is scum, she provided no defense and few people will vote to lynch without a defense (as it should be), we needed to move onto others or just sit here for days and days until she answers OR until someone comes up with their own insights upon re-read. Hence, "what is everyone getting on their re-reads?"

So, I was trying to prod for more activity. I had already posted my suspicions on a few people so I felt I couldn't contribute much more in that way of generating stuff. I thought if people had posted their insights, we could all participate with discussion.

Then, the mod states that DG asked for a replacement. As soon as I saw that, I could see that this line would DEFINITELY not get us anywhere at the moment. Hence why I posted again saying we need to move on. I stand by this -we need to continue scumhunting elsewhere or we can just sit here and post "I want DG to say something" until her replacement comes. If that's the game you want, then ok. I just, again, wonder on the people content to sit on non-playing possible scum. You want to keep the focus there, unproductive, so that we don't find the others? I don't get that.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

I also FOS you because your post just puts us back in the same place! Yes, we know that DG looks pretty scummy. I'm glad you back me up in that. It doesn't do anything for us right now unless we all want to lynch someone who is literally gone from the game. So, you put it back to me stating that you don't care which of us gets lynched. Well, that's going to come down on me logically since I am the only one who can say anything in my defense. Great set up
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

unvote
vote Haschel Cedricson

My last post convinces myself. I'll get the "omg you OMGUSed" for this but whatever.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:09 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

O.o
I'm surprised. People will vote someone who isn't here? Guess I was wrong about my assumption there.

Anyway, I do still think DG is the most suspicious, though I worry about lynching without a defense. Maybe there's some logic we didn't see but I guess since they're getting replaced the replacement could only do so much to answer for that.

So I'll
unvote
vote Delicious
. Though I still hold out my FOS on HC.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Ok, so the voting on DG is cool and all since it seems likely she was/is scum. However, we still have more scum out there. Even if you think it's just me and her, there are more than 2 I'm assuming. So...who else looks suspicious to people? Besides the 2 of us.

My list is still Perfect (who has asked to be replaced, so that's not all that helpful right now) and hasdgfas (this is from memory so maybe I spelled that wrong), for reasons stated. though my hasdgfas is just more of an IGMEOY deal..nothing too solid.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

And before I get questioned, I am pushing this whole "look at other people" thing because I strongly believe we need to get as much content out of today so that we can have a better time with analysis tomorrow. Those who aren't willing to say much are slightly suspect because it just lessens the content we have to go on, which is what Mafia would like...leaves much more room for a townie lynch error.

I mean, I do understand there's not much there right now, I am having a hard time too. So, I dunno..but..I guess anything would be nice. *shrug*
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

I believe he said that because he was one of those people that say dumb things when they are frustrated. Plus, I became him and I would have just let you all hang me yesterday if he was.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Right, because it's a smart move to come right on and lead a lynch straight to my scumbuddy?? I think not. Especially when they said she was about to be replaced. While I didn't think anyone would vote for a totally absent player and removed my vote to find other scum, when I saw they would actually vote an absent player who looked scummy, I gladly joined that vote. I think if I were scum, I would have wanted to advocate even more for waiting it out or something.

I think, Haschel, that you were trying to set up a gambit of either me or her. When the vote started rolling more towards her, you could use that to hide behind and put your vote on either one of us (it was clear by then that those were the two main suspicions of the day) when the time came. Then you can just use that same thing to vote me today.

I also think it is fishy that you were against looking for more scum as the day drew towards an end. It's kind of un-Haschel-as-town-like. No one talked about directing people's night actions. All I was calling for was more analysis or looking around for other people who were suspicious.

I am going to re-vote you
vote Haschel
same reason as yesterday, as I said then - nice set up.

I will be looking through the posts again to see who else I think is scum, but I definitely think you have shown yourself.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

and re: Gorrad. I suggest you re-read my posts. It is CLEAR that d3sisted was horrible at mafia. They couldn't keep track of the game at all. They didn't even notice the whole L-2 thing until pages after that whole thing had been figure out with everyone else. As scum, you would want to be sure that the facts about you were correct right away. As scum, I certainly think you'd keep more track of your position in voting and if people were misquoting you, you'd be on top of that. He wasn't. If nothing, that should show itself as more of a town thing to do.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:No gambit. Answer me this. Why did DeliciousGoldfish fail to vote for you outside of the random phase, despite her constantly saying that d3s was scummy? Why did she attempt to shift pressure from d3s, who had been playing horribly, to Natude, a then-lurker that we now know was town? When faced with active evidence of scumminess on Person A and a lack of participation by Player B, why the hell did she choose Player B?
From my first real post of the game, addressing DG:
SeraphicMirth wrote:All of a sudden the whole d3sisted and CO things were BS? hmmf. That wasn't voiced earlier or played that way earlier from you at all. I do see you explain yourself later but the explanation doesn't quite satisfy. It seems like you're just switching between targets, Natude being someone who had maybe a little more "hard evidence" to go after...lynch lurkers is a popular one with the scum, IMO.
and I do believe that - often, lynching a lurker is the easier way out (and by "hard evidence" I meant that Natude was, in fact, lurking).

She also, may I remind you, tried to link CO and d3sisted. What say you about that in this whole scheme?

and this:
Haschel Cedricson wrote: By pointing to a scumbuddy, if you get lynched, then DG looks like town by comparison.
Pure BS, are you kidding me? I pointed out very real, concrete things that DG had done to look scummy. I don't see how DG would come out looking like roses if I had been lynched and came up scum. I definitely set her up for a closer look by everyone at some point in the game, if not right away. If I was scum and that was my play, I think I would have been more vague about why I thought she was scummy and just let people go "oh she came up scum and she pointed the finger at DG so she's probably good"..not gone into all that detail.

And I would have wanted myself to get lynched in that position, would I not? And wouldn't I refrain from adding my vote onto her and just keeping it on you? But no, as soon as I saw we could get a lynch on her, then I went for it because I felt she was scummy.

I also think this is how things played out for yesterday/last night/today:

Scum voted DG after the link had been made between us, they keep me alive and figure an easy lynch of me today. Well I'm not going down without a fight. I thought your whole gambit set up would be rid of as soon as I saw she was scum but I didn't even think about how that could be used against me today. Grand!
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

hasdgfas wrote:
Gorrad wrote:
d3sisted wrote:I am jester.
Ok, this is interresting. d3sisted, can you give us a role name and explanation as to why that role is a jester, please?
I hope that his comment was a joke, but I don't know at this point.

ACTUALLY speculating on this??

hasdgfas wrote:
Hey, I needed to find something to use as a reason, it seemed like a good one to start with. There wasn't a whole lot going on at that point. Plus, he may have said why
he
didn't consider it a flip, but I then stated that it is a flip. He seemed to be avoiding the question somewhat. Plus, that combined with the other suspicion on him was a good reason to have voted him.

Post 97 = me being really, really tired. But even with that, what's scummy about it?

Really really tired? Lame excuse!! In fact, quite similar to those I pointed out with DeliciousGoldfish who turned out to be scum.

DeliciousGoldfish wrote: Though I must say that hasdgfas hasn't done anything scummy
*raisedbrow*

hasdgfas wrote:
unvote, vote Natude

because there are many things he can talk about.

AHA!!! DG also goes from d3sisted to Natude as I posted in my first big post of the game
SeraphicMirth wrote:I can only say what I see, which is that people, first hasdgfas, jumped erroneously onto this. Purposefully or not is the real question.
I had my suspicions earlier and hasdgfas still stands out to me.

I think when you look at DG's(proven scum) interactions and then look at Hasdgfas inside that frame, you can see some quite scummy actions going down.

vote Hasdgfas
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

hasdgfas wrote: DG and I voted for the same person, therefore we're both scum.

You simplify my post quite a bit. One, as I pointed out on my first big post here, you erroneously jumped on d3sisted. Now, I know you don't knwo that, but I definitely know that your whole argument there is wrong and I feel like you made more of an argument against d3sisted than was called for at the time. Two, I then, in my last post voting you, mentioned a few more things such as your lame "I'm tired" thing..that's no excuse for actions. I believe HC or someone asked you a question (I can go back and look) and you didn't really answer it and instead just gave that excuse.

I definitely have given more reasons than jsut "oh you guys voted for the same person", though I think it has merit on top of everything else.

The fact that you oversimplify my post makes me even more suspicious and my vote stands.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

SeraphicMirth wrote:Now, I know you don't knwo that,
I take that back. You DO know that because I think you're scum, but it was for the sake of preventing that sort of reply (i.e. "I don't know that")
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:48 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

*sigh* I implore you all to go back and read my posts and see that I really am not scum. I can claim, but as I said before, it does absolutely nothing and it will not compel you to unvote me. Really take a look at what has been said, what cases there have been, and how people have pushed this focus on me without being very willing to look for other scum (if they are so convinced that I am).

If everyone really thinks a claim is in order, I will do so, but I think it's pretty obvious what kind of claim does not help a person be saved from a lynch.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:50 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

If I do get hammered somehow, I'd like to tell everyone to be sure to take a close look at Haschel for the reasons I've stated before.

unvote
vote Haschel

Hasdgfas still reads sketchy to me and I'd keep an eye out. I don't know what I feel about Gorrad either but I don't really want to go read through at this point.

I feel like I've fought as hard as I can and defended the cases against me very well. There's nothing else I can say than what I've already said in my defense.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Alright, well I'm just a plain townie. Have fun with that. As I said, I've fought as best as I can with what I've got.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #26) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:58 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

I don't think that is true and I think you are using strong wording and repetition to convince people to lynch me.

I think that if we all look harder we can find people who are actually scum. While you want to keep dogging me, that's fine, but who else do you think is scummy? I have this nagging feeling that you're unwilling to look around at anyone else and I find that to be suspicious. If you are so sure of this, then I cna't be the only one, and the town is at a disadvantage when we all just focus on me.

BTW- I am the song "Godzilla" by Blue Oyster Cult. While it sounds menacing, apparently it's just an awesome song and that's all it gets to be. I don't know the song myself, personally. but yeah. *shrug*
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #27) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Also, if you want to bring something against me that I can actually defend against, I will be glad to do so and have already done so in the past. However, I can't answer for DG's actions.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #28) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:08 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

argh. I knew this would happen if I name claimed it, because it sounds like a bad name thing. I mean..I wasn't given an explanation of why it's vanilla-- there was something mentioned about Godzilla not having fire-breathing capbilities so maybe that is why? I don't know, I didn't dole out the roles.

But, again, if you have anything to bring against me that I can actually answer to..I'd love to do that. But, I don't really have an answer for my role being vanilla.

If i were scum, I think I would have made up something more tame sounding!!
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #29) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:31 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Hahaha right that's where you were going...it totally sounded like that. If I'm gonna die, I say take a close look at Gorrad and HC.

I could have just skipped the whole WIFOM step and just claimed an easier name and not have had to deal with this if I were scum. So, either side here is all WIFOM.

I don't know what else to do, I can't escape d3sisted's play no matter how much I try to and I've defended as much as I possibly can. As a claimed vanilla, I'm probably dead tonight anyway.

Well, I guess a benefit here will be that you guys can finally focus on someone else. I think we've got some good information when you look at who has been after d3sisted/me and what their arguments have been.

My claim is 100% true, and I think I've proven myself in my posts which are all pretty solid.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #30) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

I am also going to
unvote
vote Gorrad

You "had your suspicions about WIFOM"?? It's not that big deal of a thing to just point out. I don't see why you would secretly keep that to yourself until..someone agreed with you?? that's really weird.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:34 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Just doing quick re-reads, and I want to say before I get lynched that I'd look at Gorrad and possibly Hasdgfas over HC.

I just re-read HC and he was postulating a d3sisted/DG connection even before I replaced and before DG was lynched, which makes a lot more sense to me for his play now. I thought that all came up after I replaced.

I've got class right now but I will reread others throughout my breaks during the day, just so you have some stuff to munch on after I am gone...not that I'm always correct or near it lol but just stuff to think about anyway...more points of view can help the town sometimes because not everyone sees the same stuff.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #32) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

On Gorrad - when you look at Gorrad-only mode, you see several posts where he says "d3sisted is most scummy" "still think d3sisted is most scummy" and then says this:
Gorrad wrote:My vote on d3sisted was mostly to make people converse, and it looks like that's finally happening.
Unvote

mmhmmmm..ok.

Also, the majority of his posts are 1 or 2 lines and not much analysis going on.

When he finally does analyze, it's pretty "off". I still don't know what to think about "It makes me think there's a jester but on the other hand I don't think there is one". I think in that original post,he was thinking several things and didn't edit well and had to backtrack that a little bit in his explanations.
Soo..yeah.

Again, just quick re-reads going on here.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #33) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Thanatos wrote:G

3. Doing a WIFOM, even though it's clear she should have known it was. Makes me think she wanted to see if she could get away with it.

I'm showing tunnel vision because my heart is telling me SM isn't scummy, because I like her as a player, and think she personally hasn't done that much that was so scummy, but her partners and replacement have created such a pattern, that my head is certain that she's scum. I want to give it a shot.

I can understand this. As I said, I guess there will be some benefit if I am lynched- some info will come from it and the town can move on.

I'd much, much rather that we lynch an actual scum today and then I die tonight and we get our info that way..but whatever. I've tried.

As for your #3- I didn't really think about it until CO pointed out it was WIFOM..then I was like "oh yeah, I guess that was". I just typed it (the "i'd pick a better song" statement) at the time because that was my true feeling/semi-frustration.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

I'm pretty damn proud of my performance in this game, even if I am getting lynched. I kinda gave up today but I rocked it yesterday. Anyway, good luck town!
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #35) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

oh no no. MY actions were not scummy, only town. DG's, yes. The interpretation of DG distancing from me? no basis, as you will see.

I'm not omnipotent, I can't know for sure who's sketchy..it's pretty common for me (and most players) to have a few people they think are sketchy. So, if THAT is scummy and THAT is what you're lynching me for...hmmm.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #36) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

ok I just wasn't sure what you thought was so scummy about me. It's intresting when I look at your posts only too because you want to tend to believe me and then you say I've been pretty scummy. So..I dunno. I mean, it's too late now..lol but yeah.

I'm curious as to this pattern and the whole D3sisted/DG distancing is, again, not true. and I think I did anything but distance myself from DG. I moved my vote once while I was raising a lynch against her because I thought people wouldn't lynch someone who wasn't here. Once I saw that they would, I went right back onto a vote for her. *shrug*
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #37) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:37 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Yeah, I dropped my vote at the time with clear reason. As I said, I didn't think anyone would vote for a player who was gone (since the mod had, at the time, said she needed a replacement), and so I wanted to move onto scum who were actually playing...which has been something I feel has been a struggle in this game -- focusing on more than one person at a time. I personally feel that playstyle is detrimental for the town, which you can see is an underlying thing in many of my posts.

The BW was not growing on her at the time. As soon as I saw the BW was growing, I put it back on because, as I said in that post, I saw that people WOULD vote for her, even if she was gone. and I felt pretty good about her being scum so I wanted her lynched.

I think maybe one person made a side comment about me taking my vote off? I wouldn't call that "challenged". As I said, I put it back on because people were voting her.

So, I don't think it was scummy at all. I'm trying to think of it from someone else's POV who doesn't believe my role and I stll have a hard time seeing how that is so scummy. And also I made the case for DG. I pointed out several different things. Had I not done that, the lynch may not have happened at all. It's a pretty serious distancing that leads to your scumbuddy actually being lynched. It wasn't even a situation that could be bussing since she hadn't done anything to garner a ton of suspicion. I went through and pointed out things that no one had said anything about. I feel that if I were scum, that would have been a dumb thing to do. I could have picked out anyone and I pick my scumbuddy?

But this has all already been said and what's done is done.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #38) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:24 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

:P
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (isolation #39) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

This was a fun game to follow, even if I only got to play for a day :P
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #40) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Nah, I replaced someone who really played awful, so I did my best. I totally understand why I looked like the best lynch lol

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”