Mini 532: Yaw's Split Open Mafia: (Game over)

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #451 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:50 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Hello. I am MBF. I brisky skimmed the thread and now I want to vote for everybody, starting with Quickben, Korlash, and Phate, not necessarily in that order.

vote: Phate
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #453 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:25 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Awkward
ad hominem
attacks on my avatar will not redeem you.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #456 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:31 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Why is it that most of this game consists of useless banter like this? Instead of, you know, lynching somebody?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #498 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

The reason I wanted to "vote everybody" is because I couldn't determine anybody's intentions from the reread, but Quickben, Korlash, and Phate gave me the worst scumvibes.

unvote Phate
because I don't find him all that suspicious anymore.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #501 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:48 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I dunno. I can't really get a feel on anybody right now. Nobody seems to be town, but none of you are obviously scum either.

vote Panzerjager

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #503 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I didn't like the way he tried to provoke you is all.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #508 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:21 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Like I said, I can't really get a read on anybody. I was just going with my feelings, and that can change from post to post.

However, I'm really trying to do something productive in this game, and going after Panzer seems like something I could get behind. I could change my vote later, since my reasons for voting Panzer aren't all that conclusive, but for now I'm satisfied.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #534 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:43 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I get good vibes from OTM.
Fos: Everybody voting OTM

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #559 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I just reviewed the last couple of pages. I know I said that I thought that OTM wasn't that scummy but now I do. I apologize, but I'm having a difficult time caring about this game and finding somebody I want to lynch. I'm just waiting for this Day phase to end because I think I'll only start paying attention to this game when I can start drawing connections from corpses.

I think this is lynch.
unvote, vote Off The Mark

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #597 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I knew this game would pick up Day 2.

I back from field operations and will review the thread and decide whom I think deserves to die. ;)

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #600 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

4 votes. Yeah, okay. Let's speedlynch Phate. What the hell, why not?
The only case I have is that I'm the cop because I didn't claim right away on D2. That would be stupid, even WITH the doc and roleswitcher/reopener. The roleswitch/reopen will only work if neither are scum, and I'm positive the reopener is scum due to qb's post, so I basically have to rely on the doc to not be mafia and to not be killed.
Don't forget that the mafia could have the roleblocking ability, too. So, yeah. I'm really happy we have the cop out in the open.

Thanatos, if you thought that Phate and OTM were linked, why the hell would you investigate Phate when OTM came up town?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #603 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:14 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Korlash, your playstyle confuses me. I have a difficult time telling when you are serious or joking, since every single one of your posts looks like a joke post. I'm not voting Phate yet because he's at Lynch-2, and I want to discuss things more before anybody dies.

And even though I think he is the lying claimed cop, there are still a few things that bug me about Thantos. He revealed himself early. Who he investigated. I mean, I really want to vote Phate, but I just
can't
shake the feeling that I'm wrong.

Still though, if a cop claims to have a guilty on you, the only way to survive is to counterclaim cop. Or, in this game, accuse the cop of being scum-aligned. So, while I do have hesitance to vote Phate, I think that is who I will ultimately vote for.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #606 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:32 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

srdghui qwao

lasiudghf;aioug

asdoiipyapowietuwaq

GODDAMMIT WHY THE HELL
PHATE WAS LIKELY TO DIE ANYWAY
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU REVEAL YOURSELF

I'm going to fucking kill myself. It's as if all intelligent play was thrown out the window.

So you know what? THE HELL WITH IT. I'm going to reveal everything I know: The scum have a roleblocker.

I was a roleblocker last night. The role switcher targetted me and the other mason last night, and now I'm a mason and the other guy has my roleblocking ability.

Since a mason died, I'm guessing the other mason was scum. A scummason, if you will. And now he has my power.

Roleswitcher, since we're all just going to fucking give up our roles, would you like to come forward and tell us who you gave the power to?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #607 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:48 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Skruffs hasn't posted once and Sensfan last posted a month ago.
mod: prod/replace please

They have been prodded.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #614 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

My claim at least gave information to the town: the mafia probably have a roleblocker. I'm just a mason with no partner now, so I don't give a damn if the mafia kills me.

That's why I want the role switcher to claim: because I bet he gave my role to the scum.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #618 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I targetted Zhao last night. Smart move, wasn't it?
Skruffs wrote:I have no idea, Korlash. I just read this page, and I saw MBF trying to pull attention away from what was going on by asking for a prod on me (Who replaced, what, YESTERDAY??) .
Pull attention away? Neh? The cop and the doc had just claimed, and I had just made a post about how stupid it was. How is that, in any way, trying to pull attention away from what was going on?

Also, sorry about asking for a prod on you. I forgot that you replaced in only a few days ago.
When did the cops claim? Both on the same day? I have no idea what's going on. Who's claimed what, with guilties on who, and when?
Go back a page or two. Thantos claimed guilty on Phate, Phate counterclaimed guilty on QuickBen, then QuickBen claimed doctor. Then I claimed. Then sensfan claimed role re-opener.
The role switcher is town's best ally, and shouldn't be revealed. THey should definitely remain secret, as they can switch cop roles to players less likely to be hit by mafia.
Probably not. I just got really frustrated when the fucking doctor revealed himself for no reason. I seriously lost it.
Lynch MBF.
It would make sense for a mafia-mason to kill his partner n1, if that's what MBF is claiming.
Don't lynch MBF. Maybe you don't understand what I'm explaining. Here's what I believe happened:

Last night:
XXX (mason, scum aligned), kills Zhao (mason, town aligned)
MBF (roleblocker, town aligned), blocks Zhao (nothing happens)
YYY (roleswitcher, alignment unknown), switches roles of XXX and MBF

Current status:
XXX (roleblocker, scum aligned)
MBF (mason, town aligned)
YYY (roleswitcher, alignment unknown)

Now that I think about it,
the former-mason-turned-roleblocker and roleswitcher are probably BOTH scum.
XXX's old role was useless once the town mason died, so YYY, his scumbuddy, switches XXX's role with somebody else's (who just happened to be me).

I think we should mass claim. Whoever is stuck as roleswitcher and new mason are scum, I believe.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #619 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Actually, the only people who haven't claimed are the roleblocker, the roleswitcher, and the 3 unpowereds. And since I believe the scum are the RB and RS, I doubt they'll claim.

I'm really tempted to drop the hammah on Phate right now, but I'll wait a little longer for more discussion.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #622 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:23 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

QB wrote:Phate [...] got caught with his pants down when Than nailed him.
:D LOL suprise buttsecks.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #629 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:34 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Mod: Quickben is voting Phate
post 605

Fixed

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #637 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Hey guys, remember one week ago, when I was impatient and cast the hammah vote? I'm doing it again.

vote: Phate

The only difference this time is that I'm much more certain about this lynch.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #643 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Korlash wrote:So I am thinking the worse here, a Doc/RB/Switcher scum group.
I think Korlash hit the nail on the the head here, and I think Kabenon is the last scum, with Holy possibly being the serial killer.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #647 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

What do you mean, Skruffs? Why does the roleblocker being scum mean that Sensfan
can't be the role opener?

Sensfan, just because you're the role opener (I believe your claim, as you haven't been counter-claimed) doesn't mean you're not scum/SK.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #649 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:13 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

kabenon007 wrote:I'm disappointed that Korlash wasn't the SK... he was my number one candidate.
Is that why you killed him? :roll:

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #652 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:07 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

kabenon007 wrote:Out of sheer curiousity, may I ask why you associate me with the mafia?
Because whoever is the mason-turned-roleblocker is almost definitely the last scum, and I see instances of masonry between you and Zhao on Day 1. Specifically, when he asks for your opinion on things.
SensFan wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:\Sensfan, just because you're the role opener (I believe your claim, as you haven't been counter-claimed) doesn't mean you're not scum/SK.
Right, but if I'm opening roles, I'm not killing as a scum.
Is that how it works?
mod: Can a lone Mafia Roleblocker kill and roleblock in the same night? Likewise, could a Serial Killer Role Opener kill and open a role in the same night?

As it says in the front post, a Serial Killer can kill and use his/her role.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #656 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:55 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

The only people who are still alive that Zhao could have 'bussed' are Sensfan and Holy. Sensfan is not the mason, and the confrontation between Holy was far too strong to be bussing. He didn't show a connection to anybody else except for you. When OTM attacked you, he defended you. Your name comes up a lot in his posts, but never under suspicion.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #657 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:01 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Also, I looked at the main page as the mod directed me. It says that a lone scum cannot take any other night action (EG roleblocking) if they are killing but an SK can. So while you can prove that you're not scum by using your role, you can't prove that you're not the SK.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #659 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

How can you forget what Thantos claimed? He's the reason we lynched Phate yesterday!

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #666 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:43 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Well, we know that Sensfan is the role opener, since he's unclaimed, and you're the cop. And since it's pretty obvious that Phate switched the scum's role with mine, it pretty much confirms that I'm telling the truth about being a mason. That leaves kabenon, Skruffs, Holy, or Piper as the last scum. And I've said before that Zhao and Holy were too confrontational to just be bussing, so I don't consider her a plausible scum, leaving just Piper, Skruffs, or kabenon. I've picked kabenon for reasons I've already said.

And I think Holy is the SK.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #668 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Disagree. I am almost certain that the last scum is a roleblocker, not a roleopener.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #672 (isolation #29) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:51 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Firstly, when we had two claimed cops, you wanted to lynch QB to test Phate. This wasn't
suspicious
per se, but it was definitely a bad play. You also speculate that we have a scum doctor at this point.

Then, when QB revealed himself to be the doctor, you kept trying to get us to lynch him instead of Phate, either because you still want to test Phate, or because possibility of a scumdoctor was a bigger threat to you.

After the QB lynch, you showed surprise that QB was the scumdoctor. Either you are faking surprise here, or you legitimately didn't believe that QB was scum, which means that you continuously were trying to get a TOWN doctor lynched yesterday.
The minute when QB said his role, I was intensely alarmed,
Actually, you kept trying to get him lynched, and then said that your post was "optimistic".

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #678 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:25 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

When we had two claimed cops, I still didn't know who actually said the truth.
Drunken Piper, while your rhyming is amusing, please pay attention. We have already determined that the last scum is almost certainly a roleblocker, and sensfan has not been counterclaimed on being a roleswitcher. He is not scum. SK maybe, but not scum.

Than, this is what we have left in the way of roles:
1 Sane Cop (you)
1 Roleblocker (mafia)
1 Role Switcher
1 Role Re-Opener(sensfan)
1 Night Communicator (me)
3 Unpowered

Hey wait a second. I just noticed this. It says we have 8 roles open, but only 7 players are currently alive. Sensfan, is this your doing?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #683 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Skruffs, your theory makes no sense. Why would the mafia cop announce that he has a guilty on the mafia roleswitcher? Even if it was a gambit, why would the mafia roleswitcher then counterclaim him with a guilty result on the mafia doctor? If the scum already had the doctor, cop, and roleswitcher, then WHY in the world would they do such a risky gambit? Especially with a SK on the prowl, trying to take out powerful threats?

FOS: Skruffs
for trying to persuade me that the cop is the last scum and
VOTE: Kabenon
for instantly going along with it. I was only going to FOS you, but I'm pretty sure you're the last mafiascum.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #685 (isolation #32) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

There can't be two scum left... are you confused?
Oh my God, this game makes me want to rip my hair out. It's called a Finger of Suspicion, not a Finger of Scum.

And yes, you did go along with it. Because it's entirely improbable and would only work if all the mafia were complete idiots.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #688 (isolation #33) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:16 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

If the cop is not scum, then he was legitimately roleblocked by the mafia, which means we would not have had two kills last night if he was the SK. Therefore, Thantos is clean.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #690 (isolation #34) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:24 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

He's confirmed enough for me.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #692 (isolation #35) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:33 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

If anybody wants to try to convince me that Thantos is our SK, then they are going to have to refute this logic:
Me wrote:If the cop is not scum, then he was legitimately roleblocked by the mafia, which means we would not have had two kills last night if he was the SK. Therefore, Thantos is clean.
The only way to disprove this is to

(A) Suggest the cop is scum, which is incredibly stupid
(B) Suggest the mafia ignored the threat the cop posed by blocking somebody else or nobody at all, which is also incredibly stupid

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #693 (isolation #36) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:43 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Thanatos wrote:In the mean time, I'll say it again, I'd like to focus on figuring out who the RB is, and killing him. They we'll be down to a single mafia/SK
Exactly. We need to stop with these crazy speculations in which the cop who got two scums killed is the last scum, or that the mafia are killing themselves. I repeat,
mikeburnfire wrote:
Well, we know that Sensfan is the role opener, since he's unclaimed, and you're the cop. And since it's pretty obvious that Phate switched the scum's role with mine, it pretty much confirms that I'm telling the truth about being a mason. That leaves kabenon, Skruffs, Holy, or Piper as the last scum. And I've said before that Zhao and Holy were too confrontational to just be bussing, so I don't consider her a plausible scum, leaving just Piper, Skruffs, or kabenon. I've picked kabenon for reasons I've already said[...]
[...]whoever is the mason-turned-roleblocker is almost definitely the last scum, and I see instances of masonry between [kabenon] and Zhao on Day 1.
He didn't show a connection to anybody else except for you. When OTM attacked you, [Zhao] defended you. Your name comes up a lot in his posts, but never under suspicion.
Also, I'm pretty sure this explains why the mafia killed Korlash:
Kabenon wrote:I'm disappointed that Korlash wasn't the SK... he was my number one candidate.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #695 (isolation #37) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:46 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I suppose it's possible that Phate switched my role with the Serial Killer's. I'm not sure how likely that is, though. It makes more sense that he switched out his scumpartner's useless mason role.

I'm still waiting for sensfan to show up and answer my question of why, if he didn't open anyone's role last night, Phate's role is open.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #697 (isolation #38) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:33 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Isn't that a logical fallacy? Something along the lines of "Equal time for nimrods," where you take a considerable amount of time to entertain a crazy crackpot theory?

I prefer the principles of Ockam's Razor: the simplest solution is the most likely.
I am also curious as to why the mafia, with the doctor on their side, 'allowed' the cop to live through the night, when, they could have claimed the doctor was blocked and killed the cop.
Simple. The cop is less of a threat than a SK, especially when you can keep him blocked.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #705 (isolation #39) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

If you never opened any roles, then why is there an extra one?

Mod: Is the information in the first post correct?

At the time you posted, no.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #717 (isolation #40) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

It looks like the front post has the corrected roles on it, so it must have just been mod error and not Sensfan.

Also, there are now two votes on DP but only one on Holy and one on Kabenon (mine). This makes me sad.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #725 (isolation #41) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:54 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

If the mafia killed the cop but blocked somebody they THOUGHT was the SK, what would happen if nobody died the next day? Maybe they blocked the SK successfully, but maybe the SK targetted the cop, or maybe the SK didn't kill at all. They wouldn't know.

That's why it makes sense for the mafia to block the cop and try to kill the SK. They already know who the cop is and can keep him neutralized. Now they can try to find the SK, and they must have had a pretty strong hunch about Korlash.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #731 (isolation #42) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

My vote is on kabenon, but I'll switch over to Holy if I need to.

I don't have anything else to say, really.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #740 (isolation #43) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

This game is going idle., but there's nothing I can do. I have already made my decision, as have Skruffs, DP, and Holy. Thanatos, SensFan, kabenon007, it's your move.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #750 (isolation #44) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Thanatos wrote:Deadlined, I'm comfertable putting him at L-1.
Vote:kabenon007
I'm pretty sure that with Holy, Sensfan and myself already voting him, that was more than L-1.

LYNCH!!!

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #753 (isolation #45) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:40 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I don't follow. Why would they kill a mason over a cop? Because I'm really good at finding scum?

Well, whatever. If you're right for some reason, here's my list of most to least suspicious

kabenon > Holy > Skruffs > DP > Sensfan > Thanatos > MBF

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #755 (isolation #46) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:05 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Oh, I see. You're still holding on to the theory that the SK is the roleblocker.

While I seriously don't think that that is the case, the situations are this if it is:

A) kabenon is mafia. The SK will want to kill the most confirmed innocent, the cop. Roleblocking is useless.
B) kabenon is SK. The mafia will kill his biggest threat, the cop.
C) kabenon is town. In this horrible scenario, the mafia would try to kill the SK, while the SK would block Thantos and try to kill the mafia.

So the only reason I can see for me dying tonight is if kabenon is town, and one of the scum thinks I am the other scum.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #763 (isolation #47) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

if he was the last scum, they could have arranged it to slip their final member into the useless role of communicator and then say that the new roleblocker was scum.
I don't understand. You're saying the mafia switched out a perfectly good roleblocker in favor of a useless mason role? That's completely illogical and, even if that's the case, then they would have had no way of knowing who was the mason pair to begin with.

I still think you're mafia scum, so I'll just wait for the autopsy.
DIdn't MBF have a reason why the Scum had to be the RB, or am I remembering wrong.
Yeah, I've gone over it way too many times. For the SK to be the RB would involve a lot of horrible plays on the mafia's part.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #774 (isolation #48) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:10 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I'm going to vote for Holy too, unless somebody has anything important they want to say.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #778 (isolation #49) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

The reason Skruffs has kept his vote shelved
may be to allow talking, as did myself.

Even if somehow we don't lynch the SK
there is still one more chance that doth follow this day.

Just in case we are wrong with today's lynchee,
lets us preemptively discuss our plan B

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #784 (isolation #50) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:57 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Skruffs, you kept insisting that the SK was the roleblocker, but the only way you could explain it was if a scumcop declared a guilty on a scumroleswitcher, who in turn declared a guilty on a scumdoctor. You kept repeating it, but it didn't make any sense. DP kept insisting that he thought the SK was roleblocker too. But neither of you ever refuted my points as to why that was illogical.

and you never explained why you thought *I* was going to die last night.
DP wrote:if this could be wrong, please someone tell me.
but could the SK be a cop and the scum the RB?
I just saw this post from right before the lynch. I already explained, in great detail, why the cop can not be the SK. This is the second time I've had to repeat myself for DP.

I was going to vote Holy because of how she tried to kill the doc, but my gut wrenches when I read Skruff's posts. Not to mention that Sensfan and DP (DP especially) have easily been sliding by. So I'm going to wait for now.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #786 (isolation #51) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

There's no reason to think the doctor didn't actually protect thanatos night one, and that the sk tried to kill him.
There you go again, insisting that the mafia is a bunch of morons. Why would the scum protect a townie? They want town to die. It would be much smarter for them to NOT protect a townie, or even *GASP* protect themselves from the SK.
even if it feels like you guys are setting yourselves up to lynch me, which is what i'm picking up on, now.
I'm certainly leaning that way.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #791 (isolation #52) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:23 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

The mafia aren't morons? Are we talking about the same mafia, mbf? Didn't one mafia out another, or something like that? Didn't they kill a mason while switching the role of the other mason?
One mafia claimed to have a guilty on the scumdoctor, but he was already in a tight hole after being declared guilty by Thanatos and was probably trying to distance himself. And killing a mason while switching a mason role out is a good idea, IMO. Gets rid of a useless role.
That leaves the only death, which means that the roleblocker, the scum mason, the mafia, and the sk all targetted one person last night.
It's possible. Either that, or the SK tried to kill whomever the mafia doc protected. Both seem equally likely.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #795 (isolation #53) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Considering the mafia DID have the doc AND the roleblocker, it still doesn't make sense that they would kill a townie and block the cop, when the better choice, the more logical choice, would have been to kill the cop and block someone else while protecting one of their own, and then claim a RB the next day.
If there wasn't a serial killer to plug into the equation, I would agree with you. Also, the mafia cannot kill, block, and protect in the same night if there is only two of them still alive.

I don't quite understand your last bit about the mason, cop, and roleswitcher.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #809 (isolation #54) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Still here, but kinda busy. I don't see anything I need to comment on, though. I will probably vote later this week.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #811 (isolation #55) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:29 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

What do you mean?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #822 (isolation #56) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:38 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Day 2 and Day 3 you were GUNG HO, inquisitive, demanding, agressive, now you are still quasi aggressive but it's more like a badger that's been poked.
I have no idea what you mean in this sense. I stated yesterday that I would be happy with a kabenon or Holy lynch, and got a kabenon lynch. Now I'd like a Holy lynch, but instead of just immediately voting her, I gave some time for discussion.
Your contribution that I remember today was that you would lynch Holy, DP, and then me later on, but I don't remember you explaining why; unlike DP, and now Holy who at least have made SOME contribution.
What are you talking about? I was eager to lynch Holy yesterday too. This isn't something new and unexplained. I really don't get good vibes from you, Skruffs. Even though I'm fairly certain that Holy is the last killer, your inane theories always keep making me second-guess myself.

If my choices today are between Holy and SensFan, then I'll hammer Holy. But I'm not nearly as sure of myself as I was yesterday.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #824 (isolation #57) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:33 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Skruffs, you kept insisting that the SK was the roleblocker, but the only way you could explain it was if a scumcop declared a guilty on a scumroleswitcher, who in turn declared a guilty on a scumdoctor. You kept repeating it, but it didn't make any sense. DP kept insisting that he thought the SK was roleblocker too. But neither of you ever refuted my points as to why that was illogical.
Why would the scum protect a townie? They want town to die. It would be much smarter for them to NOT protect a townie, or even *GASP* protect themselves from the SK.
^ I have explained why your theories are inane today.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #828 (isolation #58) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:09 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

You thought the SK had a partner?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #831 (isolation #59) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:46 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

vote: Holy

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #846 (isolation #60) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Well, I really don't know what to do now. I'm leaning towards Skruffs being the SK, but I am definitely not going to place my vote yet. It may take a few days, but I'm going to go back and analyze both of your plays.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #853 (isolation #61) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Sorry, but I don't have time for this game right now. I want to do a thorough analysis, but I'm busy all day tomorrow and most of Friday. I'll try to get my post in early on Saturday- promise.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #856 (isolation #62) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:32 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I wanted to go back and get a good read from previous days, but there isn't much there to go on. Sensfan has been inactive for a good portion of the game. For almost an entire day he talked about his role and how he could use it to prove that he wasn't scum. Skruffs has been much more active, and though I initially thought he was suspicious for coming up with all the complicated theories regarding the setup, he was actively participating in the game too.

Yesterday we theorized who the SK was when day broke. Skruffs stated Holy first, then DP. I stated Holy too. Sensfan stated Holy as well, then me. DP theorized Holy, then Skruffs. I later grew suspicious of DP and Skruffs, but Sensfan was fairly low on my radar.

Day ended like this:
DP: Sensfan >
Holy
> Skruffs > MBF
MBF:
Holy
> Skruffs > DP > Sensfan
Skruffs:
Holy
> MBF > DP > Sensfan
Sensfan:
Holy
> MBF > DP > Skruffs

Everybody thought Holy was the SK, except for DP. DP had Sensfan prioritized higher. He was also the only person who placed me low, when everybody else was suspicious of me. A SK Sensfan killing DP just makes complete sense. But it also would have made sense for a SK Skruffs to kill DP, as both of Sensfan and Skruffs placed me high on their lists and it would have been easy to get me lynched.

But then why would Skruffs turn around and suspect Sensfan unprovoked? Only 9 minutes after the death scene Skruffs had an argument against Sensfan. As I said before, a SK Sensfan killing DP just makes complete sense, so maybe he thought he could frame him in this manner. For this ploy to work though, I would have to shift my position on Sensfan, which would have been a risky move, as he was last on my list.

I don't know what to do now. Skruffs has been calulatory all game, so if he were scum it would make sense for him to have this strategy planned out. But Sensfan's killing DP and having Skruffs and myself duke it out just seems like a no-brainer.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #858 (isolation #63) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:58 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

DP said the following rhyme:

Holy was the top of my list until the above^
now I am wondering who really does wear the SK glove.

reffering to you. Er, but I also forgot this line:

In the reread, which I found a little tough,
I have come to the conclusion that me doubts our SK is scruffs.

so I suppose he did have you last. My mistake.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #862 (isolation #64) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:00 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

SensFan wrote:You've been here at MS for 2 and a half years, and yet you seem to assume that the SK could never have been intelligent enough to think up a WIFOM argument such as that one. That bothers me.
Why do you assume Skruffs isn't the SK?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #864 (isolation #65) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:33 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

You're talking to Skruffs as if he is town though, chastising him for not anticipating the SK's moves. This leads me to believe that either you are either not as indecisive as you lead, or that you are scum letting your inside knowledge slip.

Also, you keep saying that the SK planned to get you lynched through WIFOM, but you're using WIFOM as your defense.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #867 (isolation #66) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

What are you talking about Skruffs? I thought for a moment I had caught Sensfan making a slip and called him on it.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #872 (isolation #67) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:09 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

No, I've completely forgotten why I targetted Zhao N1. It was probably because I thought I saw a scum-scum link between him and kabenon.

I don't understand what you mean with regards to our power roles. What does that have to do with anything?

I can't help shake the feeling that you're just leading me here, Skruffs. The way you keep trying to bring up your other game and your focus on arguments against Sensfan really makes me uneasy.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #874 (isolation #68) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Well, you'll have to excuse me because I feel that the way you started the day was terribly suspicious. You had a persuasive argument to lynch Sensfan only nine minutes after day began. It makes me feel like you had this all thought out before day started. As if you planned to take advantage of my previous rashness.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #877 (isolation #69) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:02 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I will agree with you about Sensfan on that issue that he hasn't been active enough in this game. If it came down to a coin flip vote between you and Sensfan, I'd vote him, only because I don't think he deserves to win as much as you do.
I don't like why you would think that I would turn the game upside down, draw attention to myself, and then attack both playeres to try and get one of them lynched.
Because you thought it would work? You talk about how Sensfan seems generally peeved that we didn't go after each other today, but now
you
are the one who seems upset that I'm considering all options. What's more, you accuse me of being lazy, even though I've been proactive throughout the game. If I WAS lazy, then I'd just follow you and lynch Sensfan, but I'm going to poke around for a little bit longer. I can't probe Sensfan as much because he hasn't been very prolific until recent, so that's why most of my questions seem directed at you.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #885 (isolation #70) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Sheesh
mod
, Give me a break. I told you last time I was going to be unable to post until the weekend and you deadline us anyway. I didn't mention that I was going to be gone this weekend because it was only 2 days. I didn't think you'd flip about it.

In my experience, when a game dies, its hard to get it going again. Therefore I was trying to keep this game from dying.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #892 (isolation #71) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:59 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

that's what I am calling lazy; the lack of drive and/or risk associated with scum hunting, not the nuber of posts.

This from the person who kept coming up with a bunch of theories that were highly unlikely and only worked if the cop was scum or the mafia was doing the riskiest gambit ever.

I never said that I wanted to lynch you today. I may have been leaning against you when day began, but I have been spending the entire day asking questions and trying to win this game. I am getting annoyed with how you accuse me of being lazy, posting fluff, and not analyzing enough.

And yes, I *AM* suggesting that you had your thoughts planned out before the day even started. You began the day with a sudden and unexpected swing against Sensfan. As a SK, you may have predicted that, given my hasty hammer votes and playing by gut, you could have easily manipulated me and quickly won the game. You are vocally annoyed at how my play has changed from being indifferent and callous to careful and hesitant. I have been asking you and Sensfan questions for some time now in an effort to find the SK and you take this as an attack on you.

Going back to another one of your statements,
"You[Sensfan] are disgruntled that you aren't automatically cleared, which makes it look like the theory about you vs drunken piper is right,
mikeburnfire is acting like someone who just wants someone else to get lynched; he's basically saying 'goading' type things without REALLY putting himself at risk by theorizing, at least not theorizing anything fresh. "

This came immediately after I was in the middle of questioning Sensfan. Then you come along and say "Sensfan is scummy for these reasons, but MBF is scummy for these reasons". You were the one doing the goading, not me.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #894 (isolation #72) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:47 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

You are technically correct in that there were no questions in the post previous to your goading one, but I
was
calling Sensfan out on things that I anticipated him to defend against.

And as I have already mentioned, it was stupid to insist that the cop was scum as his actions led to the killing of two scums, and the other theories only make sense if the scum, even having 2 or 3 powerful roles, felt the need to make an incredibly risky gambit. You say that they WERE gambitting horribly, but what you are not considering is that the gambit they made was NOT by choice-- it was because they were backed into a corner by the cop. Up until one was pinned in a corner they had played fairly conservatively. And I am NOT upset that you were trying to find new theories, but that you kept repeating the same theories even after I explained why they were dumb.

And as for my beginning of day play, you are skewwing it way out of perspective. I saw the lynch scene, gave my initial gut reaction, but stated that I would need to go back and review thoroughly before I voted (not all of us can have our arguments ready in under ten minutes).

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #896 (isolation #73) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:37 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

The role switcher COUNTER claimed a cop. He was pinned into a corner and if he didn't pretend to have a guilty on the scumdoctor that he was distancing from earlier, he would have looked incredibly suspicious.

As for the other arguments, it may just be that your playstyle rubs me the wrong way.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #899 (isolation #74) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

SensFan wrote:Grounded, don't know for how long. Don't know what kind of access I will have until further notice. If I need to be replaced, I am very sorry. Hopefully I can have an update of the situation by Friday night EST.
This could be a problem.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #902 (isolation #75) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:01 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I said
if it came down to nothing but a coin flip
I'd vote you because you don't deserve a win. It's very hard for me to figure out where I stand on you from your inactivity, so my decision here is probably goign to be based on what I think of Skruffs, as he's really the only person I have a chance to get a good read on. Unless you can suddenly provide me with some good arguments, it's not a decision to
vote you
or
vote Skruffs
, it's a decision to
vote Skruffs
or
not
to vote Skruffs.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #909 (isolation #76) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Looks like my vote is going to be the one that decides the game. I'm ecstatic.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #911 (isolation #77) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Dang. I was hoping Skruffs would show up soon.

vote: Skruffs.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #913 (isolation #78) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

MikeBurnFire, in his secret diary, wrote:
Day 1:

Bored. Really bored. Gonna kill something.

Night 1:

Roleblocked Zhao and killed Phate

Dammit. The roleswitcher switched my role with the mason. Now I lost my extra RB power.

Day 2:

Huh. Phate lived, but Zhao didn't. The mafia must have killed Zhao and protected Phate. Zhao was a mason and the mason role got switched out. I bet the mafias took my RB role. That means the RB and Roleswitcher are probably in cahoots.

Thantos claimed cop with Guilty on Phate. Not sure what to make of this.

Phate counterclaimed Guilty on Thantos. One of them is the cop. The other is lying scum.

QuickBen just revealed himself to be the doctor and claimed to have protected Thantos last night. FOOL! This is a plethora of information for me. Since I know that PHATE was the one protected last night, I know that QuickBen is lying. It's too risky to be fishing-- I think he's legit. So now we have a scum doctor QuickBen and a scum role-unknown Phate.

We will kill Phate today. If he is the roleblocker, then the roleswitcher and doctor mafias will still be alive. What will their actions be? Who will they switch, protect, and kill? QuickBen will protect the Role Switcher, but probably claim to protect Thantos to keep his cover. Therefore, the cop will be open to attack. The cop is a threat to me too, so I should take him out. Then QuickBen will be outted as a liar and lynched on Day 3. I can't stop smiling as I plan to frame him.

What if Phate is NOT the roleblocker, but the roleswitcher? Then I have to predict who the remaining mafia will kill, protect, and roleblock. Tricky. Obviously, they will roleblock Thantos, the real cop. QuickBen will claim to protect him, but probably keep protecting his buddy. But I still don't know who they will really kill. If THIS is the scenario, then the cop isn't as big a threat as the mafia are. I will kill QuickBen if this happens.

In either scenario, I'm left with one mafia, with either RB or RS powers. I would prefer if Phate is the Roleblocker, as I do not want to be roleblocked later in the game. I need to find out who the third mafia is and plan their movements.

Night 2:

Damn. Phate was the switcher. I'll kill QuickBen.

I know that Than is the cop and QuickBen is the scumdoctor. Korlash, Holy, Sensfan are probably not the scum roleblocker, given the fact that Zhao argued with them. Probably kabenon, given this line by Zhao:
@kabenon: Would you care to add your thoughts on this?
So QuickBen is the scumdoctor and kabenon is the scumroleblocker. QB is probably protecting kabenon, and I know who everyone is.

Holy (TOWN, unpowered)
mikeburnfire (Serial Killer, mason)
Drunken Piper (TOWN, unpowered)
Thanatos (TOWN, sane cop)
QuickBen (SCUM, doc)
Korlash (TOWN, unpowered)
SensFan (TOWN, role re-opener)
kabenon007 (SCUM, roleblocker)
Skruffs (TOWN, unpowered)

Day 3:

Korlash and Quickben died, and their roles were just as I had predicted. That leaves 7 of us left. I will try to get kabenon killed today, as I believe he is the last scum, then kill Thantos tonight, as he is my next biggest threat. This will leave....

Holy (TOWN, unpowered)
mikeburnfire (Serial Killer, mason)
Drunken Piper (TOWN, unpowered)
SensFan (TOWN, role re-opener)
Skruffs (TOWN, unpowered)

Kabenon just got lynched. Thank God. I was worried that they'd actually go for Holy (was I really that convincing, or is she THAT scummy?). Kabenon's death is better for me, as I truly think he's the last scum, and the last thing I need is for him to cross-kill me in the middle of the night. It's not that the fact that I'd lose that would bother me, but rather the fact that it would be so anti-climactic. 'You wake up. Town wins'. Yaaawn.

I just saw Thanatos make a joking post about how funny it would be if he were alive tomorrow. HAHAHA. NOT BLOODY LIKELY! See you in hell, pig!

Night 3:

Kabenon's last-ditch plea had me second-guessing myself, but now that he's dead, I'm killing Thanatos.

Day 4:

Only the five of us are alive, just as I planned. It won't be hard to get Holy lynched today.

Night 4:

That was simple. Now who to kill? I guess I'll kill DP. Even though he's not very suspicious of me, he seems to be difficult to influence. Plus, having Sensfan and Skruffs alive will add a level of WIFOM to the equation.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #921 (isolation #79) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:41 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

One explanation is that I felt that Skruffs was playing well and deserved to be endgamed rather than lynched.

Another explanation is that I wanted to watch you and Skruffs argue for each others' lynches.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”