Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:05 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Phew, only 16 pages, and nobody's voting me? This is the best replace
ever
!

I'll be back within 48 hours with thoughts.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:32 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Accuse: chaotic_diablo

Why is he still alive?
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:53 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I can only assume that it's because I only just got here to save the town from itself. Is everyone busy somewhere else?
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:13 pm

Post by Erg0 »

My vote on c_d: his play's generally pretty lurky and non-commital, and I particularly didn't like this bit from before TCS's lynch...
chaotic_diablo wrote:I threaten TCS with a hammer vote.
MBL wrote:It wasn't scummy to move to L-1 Day One in the other game, right? So it's not scummy for me to go
vote: TCS
, right?

Consistency. Billy?
Not entirely the same. Billy made a -1 lynch based on the behavior and actions in another game to influence his judgement. Your vote is simply there to piss him off. The fact that you're intentionally playing in a way that you think is scummy also makes your vote different.

fos MBL

BM's claim is simply due to poor judgement. The only way I can see scumplay on TCS's part is if he tried to exploit BM's poor playstyle. Unfortunately for him, I can also see that happening.
Wishy-washy "I want to hammer but I won't" post, he threatens the hammer, wanders off to MBL and then comes back and says that he isn't sure TCS is scum.

I noticed that he also garnered some attention from other players on day 1, but that seems to have died off completely since then. It seemed like a good time to remind people of that.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by Erg0 »

You're right, I looked at that particular post out of context when I read back, so I was reading too much into some of it. Initially it was this part that caught my eye:
chaotic_diablo wrote:BM's claim is simply due to poor judgement. The only way I can see scumplay on TCS's part is if he tried to exploit BM's poor playstyle. Unfortunately for him, I can also see that happening.
That part seemed particularly like you were hedging your bets on TCS. Along with your general semi-lurkiness it's enough for a first vote while I'm finding my feet, I feel. Looks like there are a few theories based on games that I'm not in, so I'm going to try and assess their merit relative to just relying on what's in this thread.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by Erg0 »

DragonsofSummer wrote:I like the logic of TCS not putting 3 townies on his suspect list. (And tbh even after a reread its my best lead... since BM looks scummiest to me, but I am unwilling to vote a claimed cop)
I'm cautious about this idea. It's worth noting that the other two townies on the list were nightkilled, so the scum have deliberately put themselves in this position. I'm not sure whether they would have realised that this argument would come up, but it's worth considering.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by Erg0 »

To answer BM's direct question: Skruffs is dead.

This discussion on BT is interesting, I do see Ectomancer's case as reasonable but I'm not convinced. One thing I find interesting is TCS asking BM for a name claim after he made his own claim. To me, this indicates that he was playing as if he intended to carry on with the game.

Post-hammer votes on scum are very poor form, btw. al_ko came up town, but I never like seeing people fingerprinting the lynch after it's decided. IGMEOY, Ecto.

Unvote
while I try to find a more coherent case and actually get a handle on things in this game.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:48 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I gots me a question for the folks who were pushing MBL's lynch: how do you feel about his lack of lynch day 2? c_d made the point that he may not be unlynchable, rather a power role may have block his lynch. Do you subscribe to this theory, or do you consider his lack of death confirmation of town status? If the former, why is nobody going back to that wagon?
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:54 pm

Post by Erg0 »

It's not so much that I suspect you, I'm just curious why the subject dropped so fast without a number of people giving their opinions on the situation. Just because one individual vetoes a lynch that doesn't make it wrong.

OTOH, any scum that were on the wagon more or less got a free pass because nobody has really looked at the wagon today. You said yourself that you though that the overzealous players on the wagon were scum. Anyone in particular stand out to you?
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:52 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Gawd, I lost this off my watched topics and forgot I was playing. Catching up tomorrow.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:52 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I can assure you that nobody has claimed Professor Plum.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:56 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Sorry, I can't seem to get my head into this game for some reason. I'll reread tomorrow and try to come up with something useful.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:54 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Ooh, summaries.

Still reading through, post is coming.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:43 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Ectomancer wrote:No, because you would have a reason to list my pursuit of Prof Plum as reason to vote against me, in the case you were Prof Plum and were town.
In the film, Mr Boddy was also supposedly dead, but he wasn't, not at first at least. Prof Plum checked him and falsely reported that he was dead.
Do you actually think that would be a valid reason to vote for you? It's only a flavour-based theory, which I wouldn't call a scumtell exactly.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:46 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Ectomancer wrote:
Erg0 wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:No, because you would have a reason to list my pursuit of Prof Plum as reason to vote against me, in the case you were Prof Plum and were town.
In the film, Mr Boddy was also supposedly dead, but he wasn't, not at first at least. Prof Plum checked him and falsely reported that he was dead.
Do you actually think that would be a valid reason to vote for you? It's only a flavour-based theory, which I wouldn't call a scumtell exactly.
We are voting for far lesser infractions this game Erg0, so yes. I do believe that it might merit a vote from the real Prof Plum if he were actually innocent.
I may as well tell you since I don't believe it really reveals much -
I'm
the real Professor Plum, and I can tell you that your theory is incorrect. I don't see it as a voteworthy offence, however.
V/LA most weekends.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”