Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:49 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 12, LicketyQuickety wrote:I am assuming that upon death it will be either full reveal or no reveal unless there are other PR that are not stated in the link I gave since (I think) Red Devils and White Ghosts basically share a win con but do not know who each other are.

It seems to be heavily implied in the sample role pm? The one ability states teaming up with xxx and yyy of the other team, which sounds like names go there.

In post 17, Firebringer wrote:I told you, my plan is took sketchy. It will help me survive the nights.

WIFOM at its finest.

But fire, there are no Night phases. This game is nightless.

So what has you so concerned with wanting to survive nights? Or maybe an excuse for not dying at night?

Fire did you roll scum again?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #64 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:55 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 25, Firebringer wrote:
@Elbirn If I was, I wouldn't tell you. Stupid question bro.

In other news, fire is town. I like the casual tone here.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #70 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:23 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Morning sun is town, I like that they're taking hard stances early, and the way they casually toss out near half a dozen townreads doesn't seem like a scum move.

I do not understand why Lickety takes issue with this. That's the only way to get discussion started. Post 32 is...off to me. Criticizing morning sun by saying they're either noob or scum is a low blow. Overall their whole argument back and forth feels pedantic but sun comes out looking better imo
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 57, LicketyQuickety wrote:

On a completely different topic I think it might be useful for people to say who they have played with in the past from people in this game.

I've played with firebringer and klingon twice, and grapes...once I believe?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 53, Suzune wrote:

Please correct me if I am wrong. I understand you have a vote on me, yet since it is day one I have plenty of time to redeem myself in your eyes and prove helpful.

Ew

VOTE: Suzune
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #113 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:01 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 112, LicketyQuickety wrote:

Had to reread the thread to see what this was about. This is scketch in my book. I had already stated earlier in the thread that the White Ghost and Red Devils likely do not know who each other are. Pure speculation of course, but it
is
what I thought at the time. The fact that you are so quick to make a connection between myself and Suzune for voting the same person has flaws like you wouldn't believe.

First off, How do you know that Suzune is not voting grapes as a distancing tactic for early in the game. Secondly you are representing a pretty strong scum read on Suzune this early in the game (and by association myself) for thinking grapes is town because Suzune is voting for grapes because it seems you are assuming that I am voting "with" Suzune and iirc I haven't made a read on Suzune one way or another in any way at all and in fact said I thought they would be a "hard" read for me. When I say a hard read for me what I mean is that they will either be a very difficult read for me and/or a very sure read for me and I left it that way. Lastly, do you really think given the way that you have seen me play that I would follow around my scumbuddie like a lost puppy? Ah, no. I play my own game almost always as both scum and town (and 3p for that matter as well). Call me paranoid, but I am the type of player who is prolly overly conscious of being tied to anyone, its just how I play. Go ahead and read my Newbie 1612/Newbie 1613 games and you will see exactly what I am talking about. Shouldn't be that long of a read I don't think since I was lynched day 1.

So like

I'm reading the posts in question

And I'm really confused because none of this is based on anything that was said.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #114 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:04 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 105, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 103, Firebringer wrote:Pressure the players who have yet to speak, for t hey are the ones who hide the most.
VOTE: Penguin alien

Speak now, or forever be tunneled!

It doesn't work! I don't believe you! *cries*

What is this?
Lickety, what's your relationship with penguin?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #119 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:44 am

Post by Elbirn »

@post 116

1. I don't see how any of that is implied, and I don't like you making things up in order to put someone else in the wrong

2. Okay, so...you're crying over firebringer pressuring lurkers and you know what this point is dumb and I'm not even going to bother, I thought there could have been something with a penguin association but no
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #122 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:15 am

Post by Elbirn »

(Side note, I have no pc access for pretty much forever and all of my posting is done from my phone. As such, quoting and quotes within quotes and multi quotes are a pain and that's why I don't do it much. Just FYI.)

@post

1. Morning sun doesn't want people townreading Suzune because they are scumreading suzune. It's pretty reasonable to want people to see your point of view and agree with your reads. If you think someone is scum, you push that. That's like mafia 101.

Your second part of this point basically relies on morning sun scumreading both of you and wanting you to show associations together, but they've stated that they don't scumread you. So...

2. I don't feel like that's what you said initially, but this point is pedantic and not worth arguing over, so I concede
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #129 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:08 am

Post by Elbirn »

@post

1. Of course you're going to have your own reads. I don't think morning threatened you either. Bottom line is if I think someone is scum and you think that person is town, if I want them dead you're the kind of person I need to argue with to show my PoV. Mafia's a team game. You need to work with people to make things happen.

2. I'm not even mad and I'm soz if I appear that way. I get a lot of people telling me I sound pretentious or mean, I'm just talking man. And this point didn't have much meat to it and figured it could go away.

Anyway that post of morning sun was fine, I agree with the reads and what was said? What do you think of it?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #133 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Elbirn »

Alright so Licketys town. He's on a completely different wavelength, but he's town.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #168 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 136, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 134, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 133, Elbirn wrote:Alright so Licketys town. He's on a completely different wavelength, but he's town.

WTH, There is no way I should be a town read because I have a similar read on the same person that you do. This shit is infuriating.

EBWOP

Had to water it down so that people can actually understand what the heck I am saying. ://///////

You're not a town read because of your reads. You're a town read because I can't understand you so bad that you clearly must be town.

The fact that your thought process is so uniquely you, it feels real. You're not scum faking thoughts, you're town blabbering nonsense that only makes sense to you.

....I feel like that sounds mean but it's not supposed to >.> I moonlogic frequently, and I know I'm babbling bullshit that no one else can agree with when I do it.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #173 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 169, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Was that your Mafia Sum post? congrats :) Now die scum.

Riveting commentary.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #205 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:39 am

Post by Elbirn »

*waves* I exist

Firebringer is town. I've played two games in a row with him. Both times he was scum, and I read him as such. This doesn't feel like his scum game.

My townreads on lq and morning sun stand. Fire town. Good vibes from grapes. Everyone else is a blobby pile of nothing.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #206 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:40 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 202, Morning Sun wrote:I just made a little research and the activity here is awful.
9 players have less than 15 posts ( Kling, grapes elb more than 10/ all the others less than 10, some even less than 5..)
Are you 4 real?!
Is this fukin serious wow
Their post count together is 54.. 54 posts for 9 players ffs. Given that there are 202 posts right now. Awful.
I demand posting. If not fukin replace out. Don't ruin this game :#
~U

Morning Sun, the obvtown Pokémon.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #207 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:44 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 191, Firebringer wrote:
I just want to note I feel like my town reads are pretty biased. For at least Morning Sun and Elbirn I townread them more because I like them and I am hoping they truly are town with me. Grapes is probably my strongest town read overall, followed by Empoleon

Anyone who thinks fire is scum, read this and tell me that scum fire would be so dead pan honest about townreading me and morning because he likes us. I don't see scum being so blatant and open about buddying.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #212 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:14 am

Post by Elbirn »

UNVOTE: UNVOTE:
VOTE: Klingoncelt
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #219 (isolation #18) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:14 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 214, Morning Sun wrote:
In post 212, Elbirn wrote:UNVOTE: UNVOTE:

The way Klingon keeps saying (Human) is kinda off for me.

~Espeon

Hey, somebody else see's it.

I love naked votes. Let's see if anyone else can guess why she's a good lynch!
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #220 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:15 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 218, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 212, Elbirn wrote:UNVOTE: UNVOTE:

Nice naked vote there. Care to dress it up a little?

Nah, just keep talking. It'll justify itself.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #232 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Hai guys I've been drinking

Anyone here? Talk to meee. I'm watching adult swim, hopefully Rick and morty comes kn. Let's all watch rich and morty aND talk about the game and stuff
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #236 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by Elbirn »

That's fine, drinks mean honesty. Right now morning sun is really town for pushing the game forward. Firebringer I'd kinda noob (with all due respect my friend) but what he's done indicates town to me. I'd say sun is most town, but I look forward to working with fire.

Lq is town too, but he confuses me. I wanna be nice to him. But when we talk I don't fully understand him j think.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #237 (isolation #22) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 235, Morning Sun wrote:
In post 231, Marcrell wrote:While I assume she'd make a wonderful buddy, we currently have no affiliation besides being in the same game.

I'm voting you because you're scum.

Id love pplz opinions on this.

~Espeon

His read is wrong, but I think it's interesting that he goes against the grain by pushing obv town ? Idk that scum would do that.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #292 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:55 am

Post by Elbirn »

I just want to note that I'm here and catching up..I've wound up in 3 gamed at once when my time really only allows for 1 or 2 typically, and I've been busy on top of that. Sorry :/
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #324 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:42 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 257, Empoleon Bellaparte wrote:
In post 205, Elbirn wrote:*waves* I exist

Firebringer is town. I've played two games in a row with him. Both times he was scum, and I read him as such. This doesn't feel like his scum game.

My townreads on lq and morning sun stand. Fire town. Good vibes from grapes. Everyone else is a blobby pile of nothing.

@elb, talk to me about grapes?

I liked his reads list in 82, they kinda go against the grain of the game I feel. Whereas lq and morning are mostly read as town, he questions them, and whereas suzune is being pressured and scumread, he says she's town. His other reads aren't earth shaking but there's thought in them.

His other early posts feel like indignant town to me, especially his back and forth with lickety.

His recent posts have townvibes, I like his pressure on klingon. Speaking of which, stay tuned and I'll tell you all a tale of why she's today's lynch!
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #325 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Elbirn »

So if you'd all humor me, take a look at Klingons iso.

Done? Okay.

It's crap. Her first like 20 posts are fluff, casually throwing shade on a few players in a few instances, and she doesn't even take a stance on anyone until her 22nd post

In post 209, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 200, Firebringer wrote:
In post 199, Klingoncelt wrote:Guys, I'm really sick tonight. I can't focus on the game. I'll try again tomorrow.

Hope you feel better Klingon ;(

Even though my gut says you are scum.

@Marcell you just seem 'there' if you know what I mean? Like you are here but kind of in shadows a bit, not noticeable not drawing that much attention. Seems like what scum would do with all these seemingly TvTs going on.

*sigh* I am so tired of being scumread early in the game. How many times do people have to see my Town (or in this case Human) flip before they figure out that I'm not Scum in every damn game I play? It's depressing and demotivating.

Unimpressive ate..

In post 211, Klingoncelt wrote:I'm not getting any solid reads right yet, everyone ranges between probable Town(Human) and leaning Human.

I do need to hear more from ShadedMelee and Marcrell.

I'm going to say something right now. All summer long every game I've been in was fucked up to some degree by players signing up then abandoning their slot after a couple of posts, Town & Scum alike. Unless there's a R/L emergency, I'm voting to lynch all replace-outs' slots.

Still has no reads. Still doing ate. Sets up for justifying lynching replace outs which is the laziest and crappiest thing I've heard

In post 286, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 285, LicketyQuickety wrote:I don't like the Marcrell wagon right now if for nothing else, its just way too easy. There is no one really to speak of that is defending him. If he is scum, I would think it would be an easy lynch and/or he would replace out so that is what I am looking for. But this early in the game I just can't see that Marcrell is scum at this point. I suggest we find a new wagon because I think Marcrell is going to end up making his team look guilty the longer he's in the game as scum.

I'm not sure if Marcrell's Scum. In fact, due to meta, he's leaning Town for me. I've been in a couple games with him, both of us were Scum, all he did was make a couple vanity posts then he flaked. He's way more active in this game, that has him leaning Town for me.

This is her first read. It took nearly 300 posts to get a read out of her and it's pretty weak sauce.

In post 287, Klingoncelt wrote:I'm having a hell of a time getting reads this game.

I don't know BlankFace, Grapes, Penguin_alien, ShadedMelee, or VysePresident.

I have trouble reading Firebringer and Elbirn.

The Morning Sun hydra, I'm not familiar with Gameplay/Umbreon, and Salamence seems subdued.

That leaves the Empoleon Bellapatre hydra, LicketyQuickety, Marcrell, and Suzune, and I have leaning to strong Town reads on them.

*sigh*
Look she rules out reading 5 people based on not having played with them, dismisses 3 more on "idk how to read them", and then throws out 4 townreads for everyone she eliminated and with no reason.

In post 288, Klingoncelt wrote:Oh, Elbirn, Firebringer, Grapes, you guys can vote for someone else now. I'm Town.

More ate

In post 309, Klingoncelt wrote:Whaddya know, I finally have my first scumread, the weirdly aggro LQ.

Are you and Grapes buddies. then?

VOTE: Lickety

This is just straight up omgus, there's nothing else to this

----

4realz, Klingoncelt 2016. A vote for klingon is a vote for a better tomorrow.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #434 (isolation #26) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:00 am

Post by Elbirn »

@vyse

I'm permanently a mobile player so fuck multi quoting but I'll respond to everything best I can..

1. Regarding the casual shade thing.

Her first few posts avoid making direct accusations, but slyly push suspicion.

Post 6: the accusation that morningsun slipped and meant to post in a scumchat

183: implies lq might be scum based on activity in a really offhanded way

186: casually, flip floppy stance on the "is it a scumslip" thing

Couple this with her not taking a real stance on anyone until nearly post 300. From my pov She's not doing anything but make it look like she's busy. She's here, but she's not doing anything, and taking a few potshots at people along the way.

2. Regarding her ate's

Frankly it rubs me the wrong way. Again shes not doing much of anything, and then when people vote her or scumread her it's "woe is me". It's excuses.

3. Regarding the replace out lynch thing

She quite literally said she'd endorse lynching any slot that replaces. This is shitty play. And you know what, maybe this is a shitty point, but I don't see how anyone comes to that conclusion.

4. And just everything in general

Your stance is "klingon is a weak town player", well how do we differentiate between that and scum? You guys wanna pressure lurkers, cool. I wanna look for weak players and twist their arms until either it breaks or they stop playing weak. Because imo "weak" can just as well mean "scum". I see someone who's not doing anything, who isn't looking for scum, I think that's scummy. I think it's more scummy to be here and not be doing anything, than it is to merely be absent.

As for your "elbirn sucks and he's too aggro" thing, I'd argue that's playstyle but whatever.

I think I pretty much covered everything, if I missed something point it out plez.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #435 (isolation #27) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:03 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 426, Empoleon Bellaparte wrote:I am helping catch scum. Scum are people who do anti town things. You are doing an anti town thing. Therefore you are scum. It's a pretty simple proof. Passes Occam's Razor too.

vetoing the vote ty bella

Unvote, Vote: Morning Sun

pedit: not policy, logic. You do something anti town, you get held accountable.

What the fuck am I reading
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #436 (isolation #28) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 404, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 403, Klingoncelt wrote:My vote remains on Lickety.

That he has 2 extra tapes makes him look even more scummy in my eyes, because those tapes would be very helpful for the Devils and Ghosts to coordinate their kills. I have no idea how Town can use the things.

Plus you just scum slipped by saying that I had
2 extra
tapes as opposed to saying that I just have more tapes or four tapes. This implies that you also think that everyone started off with only 2 tapes, but you say that you believe that I actually do have 4 tapes.

VOTE: Kling

I repeat, what the fuck am I reading.

Kling is still scum so good job lq, but she's not scum for this.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #440 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by Elbirn »

No, it's literally math.

Everyone started with 2 tapes. I started with 2 tapes. If you say that you have 4 tapes, then yes, you started with 2 extra tapes compared to me. Extra means more, it doesn't mean "I'm scum and you caught me by the way I have 2 tapes why do you get more than me".
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #442 (isolation #30) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I'm missing something. What is she comparing if not her tapes to your tapes?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #444 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Right....

No

No I still don't get it
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #465 (isolation #32) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Elbirn »

@Marcrell

Talk to me about klingon. What's your take on her?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #494 (isolation #33) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:03 am

Post by Elbirn »

Zzzz

Someone talk to me about marcrell and shaded melee.

I read over marcrell and its...not actually bad and idk why he has votes. I like that a few of his stances go against the grain (tho his morning sun vote was bad imo), and his few posts seem ~effort~.

His vote on shadedmelee....hm if we assume scum-klingon and scum-marcrell, it'd make sense that he'd want to get on a new counterwagon. If town-klingon scum-marcrell, he'd want to push the klingon wagon. If scumortown-klingon and town-marcrell, he wouldn't give a shit and would vote a scumread.

So the PoV's that make sense to me are klingon and Marcrell are buddies or marcrell is town, and I don't like preflip associative so I'd rather think Marcrell is town here.

Tldr I'm not touching Marc today, and I don't think he's a good wagon.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #499 (isolation #34) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Elbirn »

@LQ: that's great reasoning. You can't assume two people are partnered until they flip. You can't push someone to lynch because you think you see an association, and for nothing else. I don't scumread marcrell, so I'm not lynching him. If we lynch klingon and she flips scum, then I could see using that as an association tell, but that's not evidence until/unless klingon flips scum.

@morningsun: sell me on town-klingon and scum-shaded and I'll move my vote.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #500 (isolation #35) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 498, Firebringer wrote:This game is stalling.
We need to condense on a train.
Can we agree on one of the following:
Klingoncelt, Marcell, ShadedMelee

Klingon or shaded
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #502 (isolation #36) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:54 am

Post by Elbirn »

I guess I can see how it could be worded like that, but yeah to be super duper clear, I don't think Marcrell is scum. Therefore, not endorsing the pre flip associative. Going with town marcrell pov.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #510 (isolation #37) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 506, Klingoncelt wrote:Elbirn, is your ridiculous push on me revenge for
Classic Rock Mafia
?

Or are you actually Scum?

My vote stays on Lickety.

Lickety is town.

What's your take on marcrell/shaded?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #537 (isolation #38) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:21 am

Post by Elbirn »

@vyse 526:

OBJECTION. phoenixwright.jpg

I'm townreading marcrell, not shaded.

Also sorry bout yo frandz
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #538 (isolation #39) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:25 am

Post by Elbirn »

So...one of the sample role pm's is for a vengeful devil.

Just uh...just gonna put that out there.

Intent to hammer.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #542 (isolation #40) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:38 am

Post by Elbirn »

I'm p sure you're scum playing some wifom game, so I'm not gonna participate.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #548 (isolation #41) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:15 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 546, ShadedMelee wrote:Nope. I just mean: not participating in an event that will reveal valuable information is scummy.

Because telling you "I would kill x, but don't kill y!" Means you'll just kill whoever is most widely townread.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #566 (isolation #42) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Elbirn »

If he really claimed his role, I think he's scum regardless. The sample pm for the Devils is a vengeful. He claimed vengeful. The end.

I'd like to note that according to that sample role pm he has 24 hours to pick a kill, soo he didn't necessarily lie, morningsun
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #574 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 573, Firebringer wrote:Welll....

I guess that means Shaded was scum.
I didn't have a really strong town read on her anyways lol. I wasn't getting scum but yeah.
Weird choice by Shaded. I wouldve killed Lickety or Elbirn.

Anyways, Lets get this train on Marcell going!

I'm sorry

What?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #579 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Oh see I was confused. I read firebringer saying he would kill lq or me, two players he townread, not understanding that he was speaking from the perspective of shaded, whom we presume to be scum. Serves me right for half reading while I watch simpsons..

Presuming he were scum...why did he kill pa, which was clearly the most pro town decision?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #585 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 582, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 579, Elbirn wrote:Oh see I was confused. I read firebringer saying he would kill lq or me, two players he townread, not understanding that he was speaking from the perspective of shaded, whom we presume to be scum. Serves me right for half reading while I watch simpsons..

Presuming he were scum...why did he kill pa, which was clearly the most pro town decision?

Wait, how was it the most Pro-Town decision? I have no idea where you are getting that from.

PA or marcrell was the towns consensus, no?

I'm just saying that for a scum vengeful he sure acted in towns interest. Which might mean not-scum.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #590 (isolation #46) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:24 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 586, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 585, Elbirn wrote:
In post 582, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 579, Elbirn wrote:Oh see I was confused. I read firebringer saying he would kill lq or me, two players he townread, not understanding that he was speaking from the perspective of shaded, whom we presume to be scum. Serves me right for half reading while I watch simpsons..

Wait, how was it the most Pro-Town decision? I have no idea where you are getting that from.

PA or marcrell was the towns consensus, no?

I'm just saying that for a scum vengeful he sure acted in towns interest. Which might mean not-scum.

What do you mean PA was the consensus?!?! PA Died almost right after they posted O.o

In post 587, LicketyQuickety wrote:VOTE: Elbirn

Dafuq is this

Two names were being thrown out for the vengekill in the last page or so. Marcrell or pa. Do you know what consensus means?

What exactly is this vote based on?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #592 (isolation #47) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:41 am

Post by Elbirn »

And the relevance of that is..?

Look, there were two names being offered to him. He picked one. Why would scum kill off a lurker at the request of town when he could have killed off someone widely townread?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #594 (isolation #48) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:08 am

Post by Elbirn »

Sometimes, for a nk. Maybe. If that's your plan.

But we know the kill came from shaded. So offing a lurker doesn't make sense as a scum kill.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #596 (isolation #49) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:55 am

Post by Elbirn »

There's no nk, scums 1 shot kills don't flip, and we have a claimed vengeful. I'm assuming that's shaded's kill.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #633 (isolation #50) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 556, Firebringer wrote:Wait...Theirs no flip?
OMG!!!

Now, I am scared. This is like driving blind or I don't have another comparison.

In post 565, Firebringer wrote:No, I have never played NIghtless or No Flip.
Combine these two and it seems liek the most troll idea ever.
WHO INVENTED THIS STUFF!?!?!?

I thought fire seemed kinda fishy lately and went to read his latest posts to see if there was anything there

Then I read this again and remembered that he's obvtown as fuck. Fire scum wouldn't be confused over no flip because he'd already know shaded's alignment.

I'm elbirn and this has been your daily reminder that fire is town.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #634 (isolation #51) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 613, LicketyQuickety wrote:I don't like Vyse, Morning Sun and Kling at this point.

Talk to me about your reads on vyse and morning sun pleaz. Klingon we've gone over plenty. vyse gives me bad vibes but I have a tendency to get omgusy feels on people that push me so I'd like an outside perspective. Morning sun is still a townread.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #635 (isolation #52) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:37 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 599, Empoleon Bellaparte wrote:@Elb, he could've killed PA exactly for this WIFOM. 'Why would he do it...' doesn't read as genuine to me at all. Ugh.

@LQ, why would you bring up bringing them back?

1. I think shaded's alignment is an important point actually and you discarding it with "lol wifom" is kinda crappy. Tacking on that little "tsk tsk" to me at the end rubs me the wrong way as well. What do you mean it doesn't read as genuine? Da hell does that even mean, cuz I don't feel like you have a scumread on me, I feel like you're more concerned with warning me away from thinking about this.

2. Why do you ask lq why he brings up the reviver?

VOTE: Empoleon Bellaparte
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #655 (isolation #53) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by Elbirn »

@LQ, 653:

What issues, walk me through it.
~☆show me what you seee☆~
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #656 (isolation #54) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:48 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 636, Empoleon Bellaparte wrote:@Morning Sun, you can assume it's just me here for now.

@Elb - I'm not saying it isn't important, I'm saying that we can't tell it from the kill - ofc scum wouldn't kill scum if he was scum, and if he was scum then the kill was gonna be made for mass confusion. I really didn't like the thought process - I did have a strong town-read on you, but your jumpiness over this is weird.

2 - BC I wouldn't think about it, and I wanted to discuss the thought. I'm bad at set-up shit and LQ seems way more into it (reviving, scum teams, messages) and I want to engage with people who think differently to me. What's scummy about different perspectives?

Also, 5 wagons and 5 votes now. :S

Okay, and my stance is pretty much this. Scum benefit from keeping us in the dark here. Tossing analysis of it out with "bah, wifom" sucks and accomplishes exactly that. We cut through that shit and go "okay that kill makes sense from a town perspective, we're still looking for 4 scum". That you also take time to chastise me for talking about this doesn't really make sense.

As for your talk with lq, it reads to me like pr fishing. But maybe I'm seeing things..
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #716 (isolation #55) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:28 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 715, Suzune wrote:Having no flip does create a damper on the game because it is impossible to know if we are doing well or going in the right direction.

And that's exactly why I think we need to analyze the shaded situation, but everyone thinks I'm crazy and "hurr durr wifom"

Frankly I'm proceeding with the assumption that we've got 2 dead townies. We can see shaded was a vengeful, and penguin was vanilla. There's really not any info missing, it's like a regular game on day 2 after a town lynch. Come on guys.

Vyse I read your words and there were a lot of them and I'll get to them when I feel like it but for now lemme just ask, are you a lyncher or what?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #786 (isolation #56) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I have been prodded and I will post a thing.

But not now.

But soon.tm
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #792 (isolation #57) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:41 am

Post by Elbirn »

Alright I haz time now

@vyse

You babble about buzzwords quite a bit. Let's try to dissect that.

First off, you bringing up that outside thread is really reaching. You claim I agree that buzzwords suck. To some extent sure, but what you read was mostly me empathizing with varsoons snark, a trait I enjoy and like to think I possess. But here, I'll even break that part down for ya

Spoiler:
Occam's razor: I actually have zero problem with this, but varsoon made me chuckle.

Wifom: I hate wifom. People who bring it up usually don't know what it is, and even when they do the simplest answer is usually the best. (See Occam's razor)

"Person a was nk'd, and they scumread person b, person b might be scum!"
"Person c, you idiot, that's what scum wants you to think hurr durr wifom!"

Meanwhile c was right. Fuck wifom, you cut though that shit and eat it alive. See also: s

IIoA: every instance I've seen of someone using this was bad. I've seen town use it against town as if it were a scum tell or something. I've seen scum use it against me recently in order to blanket disregard everything I had said against them and try to make me look bad in LyLo even tho I hadn't even done...whatever the fuck IIoA is. It is quite literally exactly as Varsoon described it: nice points but I'm going to disregard them.

Meta: holy shit meta is a scourge that needs to be cleansed from this earth. I fully understand that playing with people makes them easier for you to read. There are people that I've played with a few times and I do feel it makes it easier for me to read/understand them. But that's not what meta is, that's personal experience. And I don't want to hear about other people having personal experience with someone because that doesn't matter, experience is a starting point for a read, not a be all end all.

So what's my point here? Fuck if I know, I felt like talking.

No but really, the point is that all of these "buzzwords" are their own individual entities that I have my own articulated opinions on that, ahem *grabs megaphone* ARE NOT THE SAME THING AS WHAT I SAID.

You're trying to add perceived validity to your point that "hurr elbirn shouldn't use buzzwords" because of some completely different ones that I personally don't favor.

AtE? Yeah that's a thing. People do it. People who would rather throw a fit and cross their arms then engage with the game intellectually. You know I won't say it's universally a "scumtell" or anything. I've done it as town. I've seen it done as town. But It's bad play. I don't like bad play.

I saw klingon facing very little pressure doing a "woe is me" act and I read it as scummy. Survivalistic scum ovet reacting and trying to garner sympathy. That's the context for me thinking it's a scumtell.

"Slyly pushing mislynches": you know I reread everything, and I never said this. But maybe that's semantics. Maybe it's an implied thing. Maybe you're thinking of when I said she slyly pushes suspicion, which is similar enough, unless you're insane and like to over analyze word choice to get inside people's heads like I do sometimes.

Anyway.
I've never heard of this as a buzzword/phrase. I read what she had done and I thought she was being coy and putting suspicion on people, but without directly stating a scumread or taking a stance. I didn't like it. The end.

Sooo you've got me for the crime of using buzzwords. Sure. Except wait, I did it for all of one post to expound upon an early game gut scumread, and you've yet to tell us why buzzword use is a scum tell.

2. "His play doesn't match the personality I've seen from him"

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't believe we've played together before.

3. "He's consistently reframing the narrative in the case"

Elaborate plez.

4. "Blabla elbirns objection to autolynch replacement slots is bad because he should know that would never work"

It's still a bullshit move regardless of the fact that it won't go to lynch. You're right, no one else will be on board with her. She's still set up to vote any slot that replaces in lieu of actual participating or scum hunting....which she's still yet to do any of.
--------

The rest of your post is lots of words basically saying that I'm not engaged and I appear town but I'm not because scum appear town, or something. Idk what to say to that.

Can you do summet for me? Go read klingon and tell me what you think of her. Because for all your chainsawing I've yet to see you establish a read on her.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #829 (isolation #58) » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 805, Klingoncelt wrote:
BTW, I haven't yet seen any fantastic reads lists from
any
other player yet.

Grapes, show me what you got.

@Elbirn, yeah, you too.

Soitantly.

Town

Morningsun
Firebringer
LicketyQuickety
Grapes
Marcrell
Suzune

Scum

Klingoncelt
Empoleon Bellaparte
BlankFace
VysePresident

-----

If I solved the game here can I have a cookie?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #861 (isolation #59) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 854, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 853, VysePresident wrote:You up for chatting later tonight? I kinda wanted to work your slot out anyway, and it'd be nice to engage with somebody in the internim.

You do realize how this looks like a scum slip right?

...I mean. It does seem kinda out of place the way it's not clear who's being talked to. But you'd have to be really thick to slip out of your pt and vyse seems like he's smarter than that.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #962 (isolation #60) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:11 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 961, LicketyQuickety wrote:Would like to hear more peoples thought on BF before I remove my vote.

BF is a bad wagon.

VOTE: vedith

Sorry I'm a lurksack. I'll be here tomorrow.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1011 (isolation #61) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 971, Firebringer wrote:
In post 962, Elbirn wrote:
In post 961, LicketyQuickety wrote:Would like to hear more peoples thought on BF before I remove my vote.

BF is a bad wagon.

Sorry I'm a lurksack. I'll be here tomorrow.

This is a bad vote.

In post 972, Firebringer wrote:Elbirn you realize that Vedith is taking MS slot, weren't you reading MS as town?

So hey there's 6 hours left and some people tried to engage me with shit earlier today but then I flaked on all of my games because life is hard and I'm burnt out and stressed because reasons and oh bleh why

So long story short I will talk about current events because deadline and you can all harass me d3 about shit I didn't answer, fair?

NOW THEN

Fire to answer your question, I surely do realize vedith replaced morning sun. I think he committed a fairly obvious scum tell when he replaced in. I thought you saw it?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1012 (isolation #62) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 978, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 911, Empoleon Bellaparte wrote:

Can we lynch LQ? Please? There's a ton of ridiculousness coming from the slot that seems to be slipping by unquestioned (the asking for PR claims, his wilful mis-interpretation of pretty straightforward posts, the abundance of scum-reads) and I feel like he's slipping this under the radar bc of his posting style early game.

Thoughts?

I'd be happy to. Problem is that I don't think everyone else agrees. :(

I think the best thing is to just lynch Marcrell. Enough players were scumreading him. Now he's pulled his standard Scum action and bailed on the game. Let's vote him off the island.

Oh, look.

It's klingon doing exactly what she promised to and voting to lynch a replacing slot instead of actually scumhunting. Exactly as she said. Exactly as I had pointed out. Yaknow, when I said she was shit.

*stares at vyse*
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1013 (isolation #63) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:23 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 959, 4nxi3ty wrote:
"Yes humans too. Then the sun seemed to stay high up for weeks and weeks or days or whatever I don't really know."

"I couldn't tell you either. I tried keeping a tally for a while there. Scratching into trees."

Marcrell (2) - BlankFace, Klingoncelt
BlankFace
(4)
- grapes,
Morning Sun
Vedith, Empoleon Bellapatre, LicketyQuickety
Elbirn (2) - VysePresident, Firebringer
Empoleon Bellapatre (1) - Elbirn
Firebringer (2) - Marcrell, Suzune

Not voting:

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-09-21 18:55:30)

If I'm not mistaken, the only vote change after this count was someone (lq?) Unvoting blankface.

As it stands he'll be the lynch in like 4 hours, lolno he's fookin town were not doing that.

VOTE: Marcrell

this is my compromise lynch, enjoy. I've either forced a no lynch, or marcrell gets another vote. Either play is better than a dead blankface.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1028 (isolation #64) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:57 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1014, LicketyQuickety wrote:Hey Elb,

you realize that Kling on the wagon right?

What's your read on Kling?

Oh I realize Kling is on the wagon, my post just before I made fun of her for pushing him and I don't agree with it.

I'd *still* rather lynch Marcrell's slot than blankface, and I'd like to see what comes of his death. I could be wrong on kling. Marc could be scum regardless of any of this nonsense. He's a good lynch and BF isnt.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1051 (isolation #65) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by Elbirn »

...well.

So what makes him flip but not shaded?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1056 (isolation #66) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I'm fairly certain shaded was town though, that's the thing. Pr = no flip makes sense
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1058 (isolation #67) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Penguin would have been a shitty nk.

Penguin was on a short list if people to be dayvigged by request. Penguin was also scumread by shaded.

Being vengeful does not preclude one from being brought back to life either so idk what you're saying there.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1084 (isolation #68) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by Elbirn »

BF is town tho grapes
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1130 (isolation #69) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by Elbirn »

~☆Prodge☆~
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1135 (isolation #70) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:59 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1132, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1050, 4nxi3ty wrote:
"Then Donald's rage and Olivia's panic." 

"After the violence"

"Yep, after."

Marcrell (6) - BlankFace, Klingoncelt, Elbirn, LicketyQuickety, VysePresident, Vedith

BlankFace (2) - grapes, Empoleon Bellapatre
Elbirn (1) - Firebringer
Firebringer (2) - Marcrell, Suzune

Not voting:

Marcrell was Lynched,
Eleanor Bay
Human

It is now Day 3!

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-10-05 19:05:44)

In post 554, 4nxi3ty wrote:
"My husband was the one who kept telling me about the loons, the god damn loons, but I didn't listen. But who was really that supertitious at the time? Who can read an omen for what it is? God damn loons floating on the water with their white bellies to the sky with their wings broken."

"Sometimes we raise our hopes so high past the sky and past all earthly cares and cries."

Elbirn (1) - VysePresident
Klingoncelt (2) - Elbirn, LicketyQuickety
Marcrell (1) - BlankFace
LicketyQuickety (1) - Klingoncelt
ShadedMelee (7) - grapes,
Marcrell,
Morning Sun, Firebringer, penguin_alien, Suzune, Empoleon Bellapatre

Empoleon Bellapatre (1) - ShadedMelee

Not voting:

Lynch Reached!

ShadedMelee was Burnt Beyond Recognition
(no reveal)

It is now D2!

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-09-21 18:55:30)

Can we learn anything from this...

That is some sort of mathematical anamoly. Both lynches are comprised of entirely different people. They're inverse.

I don't know if it means anything but it's weird.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1203 (isolation #71) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I really should vla weekends

This is a ~prodge~. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1209 (isolation #72) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:41 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1208, Klingoncelt wrote:Actually I do have a question for Elbirn - Do you really think I rolled Scum 3 times in a row? Really?

So I exist and just happened to pop in here before breakfastshowerlaundromat time

And I'll make a more srs post when I'm actually available

But this post right here is hilarious.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1212 (isolation #73) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1210, Vedith wrote:UNVOTE: Lickety
VOTE: Elbrin

The tape told me to do it, so I need to do it.

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1217 (isolation #74) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1204, VysePresident wrote:
But when you get back, can you please try & elaborate on the stuff I've been hitting you on, please? (Specifically, where does Klingon stand for you now, and why? Can you elaborate on why you started to scumread me, that gives me something to chew on beyond "Vyse is pushing me!". Thoughts on EmpB? Can I get a general overview & some details, like I've been trying to ask everyone for?

1. Klingon has yet to do anything worthy of being townread and I don't understand the defense for her beyond "she's just bad" and "Elbirn is pushing her and Elbirn is scum so she's town", which are absolutely terrible defenses.

Do I have unerring confidence that she's going to flip scum, no. My vote should tell you who my preferred lynch is. But I don't understand the resistance to her lynch in the slightest.

Vyse, please give her a read, and give me a good reason for her being town?

2. Ya got me, I needed 4 scum for my list and I poe'd you. I don't know how much I even believe in poe in that context. I don't even know if I let scum slip into my town list. Maybe I put you there cuz I was pissy at you for harping on me all game and doing very little else. Fuck me, guess I'm bad.

I don't know if I've said this before, but my style tends to revolve around picking out people that I believe to be town and going from there. It's not perfect but I feel I'm better at town hunting than scumhunting, and worst comes to worst I have better mathematical odds of picking out a townmate by sheer chance, than I do of fingering a scum by blind luck.

It's a good start. I get my group of people I trust and want to work with, and then I look outside that group for scumbags. I started with klingon as a scumread. You've yet to shutup about that.

I started talking and realized none of it was relevant, but I was too apathetic to backspace it. Enjoy my meaningless rambling.

I'll read your slot when I can, probably tomorrow. But that's what I've got for ya, you're not in my cool kids club, and you've been pushing conftown (me) and chainsawing prob scum (kling) all game with very little else. You talk a lot, but you don't really seem to *say* much. You put a lot of effort into this but it winds up feeling empty to me.

Segue ing into bella read! Cuz I moved to that slot next.

3. Bella was a pile of nothing all of day 1. My read on her didn't really emerge until day 2. Her hammer on shaded looks bad, and I can't be fucked to quote, but day 1 she had shaded, marc, and klingon as scumreads. But she never votes or pushes Kling and eventually flipflops her read on her based on "I get her frustration I've pushed her mislynch as scum blabla she's town".

Two of her scumreads died and flipped town. The third she's yet to touch and, lo and behold it's klingon, another scumbutt. Huh.

I'm not gonna even pretend that was part of my reasoning for my initial scumread. Just something I picked up on.

What really got me was her slots attitude towards me and the shaded lynch/vengekill. She seemed to shush talk of it or diminish analysis of it with "uh wifom", which I've always read as "don't think about it, move along". That she flips her townread on me into a scumread for that strikes me as really thin reactionary reasoning.

Then she starts digging at lq for being concerned about who to revive, which I interpreted as being a bit of pr spec. Which is at best antitown.

Actually wait hang on back up

Okay day 1? No post in particular, she scumreads klingon, marc and shaded.

Bullshit I was typing this like an hour ago at the laundromat and then I had to get ready for work and fold aforementioned clean clothes and I didn't even have time for Ramen noodles let alone finish this post

Look just

Just someone go look her reads day 1 and 2 and see if you see it thx
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1218 (isolation #75) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1215, Vedith wrote:Yeah the tape did. I don't want to say exactly what it said, but it seemed serious.

Vedith can die for trying to fake a guilty on me when I'm the most likely counterwagon to his doe. Jus sayin.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1289 (isolation #76) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I'm elbirn and I am fleeing from the living horror that is a ~prod~
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1323 (isolation #77) » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:07 am

Post by Elbirn »

Aye, this was a good game. First time playing scum in a while and I felt I did pretty awful. :(

Klingon, my push on you day 1 might not have been the most calculated thing ever. I always try to establish strong stances on people, and I couldn't put all my scummates as town, plus some distancing blabla, so a hard townread for grapes and two scumreads for you and suz. Hence my crappy suzune vote, before switching to you. I didn't want to push a lynch through, but I wanted to look busy and thought if either of us were eventually lynched it would help the other. I didn't really expect vyse to jump down my throat for it the whole game, but I'm glad he did because it gave you a lot of cred while also not generating enough pressure to get me killed. And if it had, that would have been fine because I was our teams weakest link and I also was the vengeful, and imo it would have made you supertown.

So. Not the best plan initially, but I think it worked well. Sorry if the pressure pissed you off.

Suz, you played well. You were really under the radar but whenever you posted I don't think I would have read you as scum. Ya done good ^__^

Grapes, I hope you never roll scum against me. You were pretty much scum mvp.

-------

To town

gg ^^ you guys are great and I hope to see you again.

LQ you're an interesting character, we might not mesh in some ways but I've a feeling your town game should be easy to read and you seem passionate about your games. Youre a good future team mate.

Firebringer, you and I need to play as the same faction sometime. :P I tried buddying you up cuz I felt bad about last game, didn't want to see you die. I actually felt a little betrayed when you started seeing I was scum xD

Vyse, hoping for your commentary. You started off slow but you really got me here and were scums biggest threat.

----

Other random stuff

I can't believe we didn't realize penguin was reviver, it should have been obvious when half the flavor was about an "olivia". We thought it was lq the whole time based on his revive spec.

I am totes down for future games of this. I really like this flavor and the mechanics are super interesting.

@Mod, I am super in favor of scum teams releasing their pts, so here is me consenting to that.

-----

I'm always trying to improve my game, and I think my scum play is really really weak. I'd love advice from any of you. Particularly interested in what vyse has to say, because you absolutely nailed me dude o.o
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1339 (isolation #78) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:31 am

Post by Elbirn »

Lolol

Klingon I'm still reading thru the ghost pt, but uhm. That code you invented? Aside from signing my tape to suzune as being from "peanut", I never used the codes. I understood one message from you in thread about chairs which meant "don't bus me", but that was all.

Sooo when I mentioned cookies, or later on about a laundromat, that didn't mean anything x3
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1352 (isolation #79) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:12 am

Post by Elbirn »

Aye, I'd love to pre in if possible...tho hm. If you're doing it soon I might not be able, 2 other games on the horizon. If it's further down the road then defs.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1357 (isolation #80) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1356, Suzune wrote:4nxi3ty, great just being let know would be wonderful too if that is better for you~

Ditto.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1379 (isolation #81) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:06 am

Post by Elbirn »

Midnight sun part II, which is a...micro theme I believe?

I'm a bit overbooked now I think, 2 games with a 3rd on the horizon. If they all hurry up and finish by the time midnight sun part III happens (the large theme?) I'll be down with that
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1389 (isolation #82) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Elbirn »

Loooooool xD

As bad as I felt I played here this really was one of my better games. Maybe my favorite scum game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”