Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Holy Crap...is it just me or is the 3rd post brand new?

Re-reading the SIA role, it seems SIA doesn't only choose from one of the 12 players, but from the 10 Suspected Terrorist factions as well. This means right now me and FA have 22 targets and we must choose 1 to monitor.
"Good evening, gentlemen, I'm Frozen Atlantic. A handful of you know how I operate." He waves a coffee cup in CTD's direction and continues. "I also see a lot of new faces. Rest assured that I'll be doing the required reading and getting a handle on your level of competence fairly quickly. You can also rest assured that I'm slightly more intelligent than the average bear and will be more help than hindrance in averting this crisis as soon as possible."

He rubs his eyes and tilts in UA's direction. "Right. And if all our suspected terrorist factions are equal, then our time is better spent uh... ensuring the honesty... of our co-workers at CTU, especially with an hours work behind us. But," he says,reaching for a thin black briefcase placed rather conveniently under the table, "I suspect that all our factions might NOT be equal."

There's a slam as the case hits the desk and a click as it opens. As FA speaks, he slowly peels out some relevant papers. "Al-Ikhwan, the Muslim Brotherhood. Their goal is a worldwide Islamic state, and while they ostensibly condemn violence, if you can name a Muslim extremist group, they have informal ties to the Brotherhood. Hezbollah and Al-Qaeda are of particular interest here, obviously. There are, of course, many legitimate, charitable organizations under the Brotherhood's banner as well - the trick is following this very complex web to the bad guys - if our bad guys are indeed Muslim terrorists. Al-Ikhwan might be a good place to apply pressure, as the other suspected organizations aren't as intertwined."

"You know." He takes a deep breath and sips the coffee. "Something Yosarian might want to think about. As far as the people already here. I've always been an advocate of removing people who aren't of use to the operation, and I think Korran certainly fits that bill. Xdaamno's also high on my list - I really didn't like his opening strategy of putting idiots in charge of CTU. If Erin Driscoll has taught us anything..." With a chuckle, FA waves his free hand, idly wondering - then another thought hits him, and he looks across the table more urgently.

"What's of the utmost importance here is everyone having a directed choice every hour. We can't afford to lose actions because of red tape - the Director might have to make a lot more coordination choices towards the beginning of the game with so little information available. With all that said, I'm going to pull down some server logs and get a hard copy of the discussion prior to my arrival, see what shakes out, and HOPEFULLY report my findings by the end of the hour. Any questions?"
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:37 am

/cough
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:55 am

Well, if Yosarian wanted to spend the first hours hunting moles, he'd have his hands full - half of the office was suspicious on one level or another, and the list of logical, trustworthy people was small and shrinking by the second. He was all for lynching, but the margin of error here was tight, and it was best to wait for results and evidence and intelligence and all that good shit.

And now, they needed to gather it. He looked at YogurtBandit and shrugged. "When are Bauer's reports, hourly? I'd wait and see if he gets a lead before you run off to follow it."
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:44 am

FA rolled his eyes and tried not to bury his head in his hands. Roleclaim.

ROLECLAIM?

ROLECLAIM?
"SIA. Townie. By the way,
think
about the game mechanics beforetrying to get all snarkalicious / get the fuck out, which one do
you
want?"

He didn't want or need a reputation as an ass, but... ROLECLAIM? Eh. Unprofessional, sure, and he'd probably get words on that. But one thing was for sure, they were only an hour in... and he already felt he was gonna need something stronger than coffee.
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:03 am

"Rly? Cool. I'm Palmer."

ROLECLAIM?
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:18 am

Xdaamno wrote:(As in it's info you don't want the scum to know, so you can't say it publicly. I wonder why you're only telling Yos then? IIRC you didn't think he was the most pro-town player - am I wrong?)
FA massages his temples. "How about you quit fishing, buddy?"
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:39 am

"No problem here with a
vote for YogurtBandit
. Consider it official." FA chuckled - the first mole had practically given himself away.

EVerything wasn't chuckleworthy, of course... the attempt to crack Yosarian's computer seemed like a failure, but it put the town to attention, and gave them a little information on what they were dealing with... "There's two SIA's here, Off The Mark - and since neither of us are idiots, I can assume we both have found something better to do than investigate the Director as soon as we come through the door."

The tragedy in the Persian Gulf was interesting too, and maybe he was bending information to fit earlier suspicions, but... "Seriously, Yos. The Brotherhood. Even if they're not involved they've got eyes and ears in the region. Terrorists might think globally, but they act locally - large purchases, freelance personnel, et cetera. We can either wait for another attack to narrow our focus, or we can lean on those guys for a lead..."
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:40 pm

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Frozen Atlantic you loon, change targets.
With a chuckle, he slid over to his computer. "Sorry, must have fallen asleep at the wheel there."
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:26 am

"Uh, sure, I would." FA raises his hand meekly and rolls his eyes. "Not scum. I'd also like to say that nothing you've gotta say about Yosarian holds any water at all - anyone who's willing to crawl through your VERY extensive history here will see very planly that you have NOT consistently found him scummy, that you'veve qualified practically every statement you've made on him throughout the game, and that almost NONE of those statements have been backed with game based evidence. Your suspicion of him is based solely on the fact that he was more vocal than you in your first hour - your classic "Too Town" fallacy, backed extensively by your constant "I hope he's town" jibberish."

Seriously - what was this guy on about? "And either you think scum's too active or not active enough, becuase, as a poster so far, I'm on the complete opposite end of the spectrum as Yosarian. Let me go ahead and rest your frantic head, dude. Look at my files - I almost always keep a low profile until I have a trickle of game based information. OK? OK. Any other questions?"
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:12 am

"Er... Kinetic, what exactly do you mean by protecting Yosarian? Clarify. And guys, if we can't reach an agreement on a lynch, we should at least be helping Jack find the bomb, don't you think?"
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:29 am

"Honestly, anyone who's putting their faith in Guardian at town at this point seriously,
seriously
needs to get their head checked.

Here we have a guy who stepped onto the scene and tried to convince the town to put the worst player possible in a position of power based on the idea that a player who... wasn't insighful... would give the town the best possible chance to win over a player who was, because a smart player would be more difficult to read.

Madness. The scums know everyone's alignment - why wouldn't they put their full support behind a newbie townsperson? It makes them look more pro-town while hurting the town's actual chances to win.

Then he says the job will require a director that changes roles often, knowing full well these things take hours to process.

"Yos, you seem scummy, trying to post a lot and throw around a lot of good ideas to get the nomination."

This is, first all, the opposite of logic. Second of all, if the scum knew in advance they could hack the director's computer and try to frame him, doesn't planting seeds of "I think he's scum" on the most visible candidate seem like a omptimal strategy? You'll notice, again, that Guardian didn't actually DISAGREE with many of Yosarian's ideas - that would have led to a debate based on you know... reason instead of gut feelings and baseless finger pointing.

For this entire game, Guardian's been permanently poised to backpedal, and his vaunted "contribtions" and "activity" have been little more than a continual flood of "i got a bad feeling about this / that / the other".

Thinking I'm scum is pretty much the only thing all game he hasn't hedged on. Go back and read his posts.

vote Guardian

OTM - Pretty sure you'rr town, but your vote for me is based off like... the flimsiest of reasons. Feel free to ask some questions, inform yourself, get this straightened out.
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:12 am

"FA more so because of he hides behind a screen of role-play. I don't like how he goes after Guardian either."

He wiped the corner of his eye, seriously tempted to say nothing. In a game where every position was important and a couple of mislynches could completely wreck the town, people were really expecting to get away with a two line justification for a lynch?

"
Exactly
what don't you like?"
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:01 am

He grumbled. The "case" was rapidly approaching ridiculous proportions.

"I challenge anyone who's voted for me to provide tangible evidence of me babbling meaninglessly or trying to distract the town from the task at hand. Here's a hint. You won't find it. Not anywhere. If you people are
sooo
hung up on voluminous content, I wonder why you've been posting little more than"suspicious" as justification for your votes. I keep relatively quiet until there's enough game information to make observations about behavior. That is how I work. Period, and someone working the way they always work is not grounds for a lynch."

Sighing, he pulled a heavy manilla folder from under a nearby desk and heaved it onto the table. "Here. Educate yourselves."

It was ridiculous, wasn't it? He'd contributed plenty of strategy - the fact that his suggestions were roundly ignored had nothing to do with him. And ignoring the longwinded discussions about the offices configuration? So what? Was separating the people who wanted 3 field agents instead of two going to find the mole? No. It was ridiculously thin... nothing to do then, but wait.
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:11 am

"Of course you don't like the case for lynching me. Nobody's produced one yet. I post a three paragraph defense, and Albert sends up a one liner in response."
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:16 am

He let out a gurgling, grumbling chuckle. "And to think I was about to say something nice about you..."
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:55 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I would like to add that I stopped receiving SIA intel to decrypt, which I can only blame on FA. He must be hiding something from us.
"Are you being intentionally dense?"
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:23 am

"How the hell do you know how much information the terrorists have? Look, Albert, didn't I send you something that cleared Xdamno? Becuase he was the first person I investigated, so forgive me that him popping up dead a few hours later doesn't incline me towards trusting you at all, OK?

This idea that field agents are somehow good roles for scummy players is also baffling. Didn't the last guy tell you that was a bad role for suspicious players beforehand? Either you're not reading the game, or you're trying to catch Yosarian sleeping at the wheel? Which is it?

Look, if suddenly I'm not trustworthy (based of course, on the affirmations of the game's two scummiest players),
leave me where the hell I am
, as it's a role where the crypto can pass on the information of where and how I'm investigating, and if those targets don't seem to be decent, it can be called to attention.

I don't know what's going on with my last survellance results, I didn't get anything. I don't know if it's forwarding or not, either way, I may be in similar straits as OTM. Pooky?

PJ, I've asked people to point out ANYTHING I've said that's been for the sole purpose of distracting others. Nobody has. You care to be the first, you go for it."
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1235 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:21 am

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Albert B. Foolish wrote:However, if Yosarian is being monitored, he cannot make such an order
Of course he can. Like you said, Spambot is receiving transmissions from both SIAs now, much to my disapproval, as now poor Spambot is backlogged on transmissions, and is probably going back and forth between me and FA.

Which reminds me. FA. You gonna switch to Kinetic when the change is made? Cus I'd rather keep Spambot as my crypto-bitch, but will change if you don't care for Kinetic too much.
"Yes, I'll switch. I'm no longer monitoring CTD, and I don't want to change until the results from the last hour are known."
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1792 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:42 am

Would be OK for playing this game again. I wasn't as effective as usual, the delayed kill mechanics kinda helped the mafia stall a lot.

I will say that I suspected Yosarian more than I let on during the game, but... eh, whatever. GG Scumz.
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1794 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:02 am

Yeah, see... I was out for that Sunday, which didn't even give me a chance to defend myself as much as I would have liked or even post final thoughts before getting hammered (which I don't blame the town for, becuase if I WAS scum, then I might have tried stalling anyway)...

Honestly, my reads were as bad as the rest of the towns. The mechanics threw me and kept me from giving my best effort. /shrug

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”