discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by discordian algorithm »

vote: Zindaras
for lies and lies spat from behind a mask she call 'truth'.
[i]The fivefold symmetry of the apple shows it's connection to the pentacle. Here, as in Eden, to bite from the apple is to know.[/i]
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:40 pm

Beware the active poster placing many random votes. One of the people he voted so far will turn out to be his scum partner. I put this together when SPAG wrote:Damn forgot to unvote first...again.
. . . . . . . .
unvote:Zindaras vote:SPAG
[i]The fivefold symmetry of the apple shows it's connection to the pentacle. Here, as in Eden, to bite from the apple is to know.[/i]
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:51 pm

My answer to the question posed by SPAG when he wrote:lol and you really think if i was mafia i'd be that thick?
. . . . . . . .
is 'yes'.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:58 am

SPAG's three other games on Mafiascum

Mini 466 His first post was made on Aug 01

Newbie 410: Beach began Aug 01

Mini 484 began Aug 05

Of the 67 posts in this game SPAG made 21.

SPAG is a scummy active player I would like to see at -1 to lynch.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:59 am

EBWOP:

SPAG's three other games on Mafiascum:

Mini 466 His first post was made on Aug 01

Newbie 410: Beach began Aug 01

Mini 484 began Aug 05

Of the 67 posts in this game SPAG made 21.

SPAG is a scummy active player I would like to see at -1 to lynch.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:21 pm

SPAG wrote:Shame i won't be doing that, this is a theme game so all i will need to do is reveal my character. Also used references to my other games, i play in a similar style all the way through, i am sure in all my games i have a scum role :roll: i am yet to even receive one.
I will still be happy to see SPAG at lynch -1. Thanks for your vote, SPAG.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:45 pm

^- an example of why newbies should be careful when using alts. I think I should start using a different browser for my alt. Sorry about that.
SPAG wrote:Yes my bandwagon certainly grew very quicky. Ah well people can do what they want, however, at some point i'm gonna go through and take notes on everyone, try and work out who i think is mafia.
I seem to get this in all the games i'm in, people don't like my style because it's different.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:16 am

Zindaras wrote:
discordian algorithm wrote:^- an example of why newbies should be careful when using alts. I think I should start using a different browser for my alt. Sorry about that.
Yes. Yes, you should. That's how I do it.
SPAG wrote:Yes my bandwagon certainly grew very quicky. Ah well people can do what they want, however, at some point i'm gonna go through and take notes on everyone, try and work out who i think is mafia.
I seem to get this in all the games i'm in, people don't like my style because it's different.
This isn't the way to fix it, Adel. In fact, if people see you as a different person from your original account, it will only make you more likely to be lynched, as this account does not have the metagame your main account has.

Once I've finished a couple of games with you, I think I'll be able to better explain what you're doing wrong.
Adel talks too damn much. I don't play like her. She isn't a very good player. I expect that she will end up only moderating games and hanging out in the forums.

I quoted SPAG to show what motivated me to post links to his games on mafiascum. If he had any completed games I would've only linked to those, but there are none.

SPAG went on to mention cults. I think SPAG may be an alt as well. Note his join date, and his low game posts/day average.

SPAG: are you an alt? Whose alt are you? How many games have you finished? Would you link to those for us?
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:55 am

Dude, you are ruining my alt fun. I will eventually be more comfortable modding and chatting under my own personality (Adel) and playing a couple of "characters" in the games I participate in as a player. I spent too many years running pen & paper RPG games.

Besides, Adel and I have strong disagreements about what constitutes good play. Either one of us may be more correct, or maybe we are just different. It doesn't really matter. We are not the same person: we have separate sets of mafia theories.

I'm more interesting in reading SPAG games than Glork games right now. Do you know where I can find any? Either this is SPAG's forth game or so, or it is more like his 24th. If it is his 24th, I hope to catch him in a lie regarding his playstyle; if it is only his 4th than the newbie scum vibe I'm picking up are accurate. Either way, he gets my vote for right now, but it is still early in the day.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:28 pm

SPAG wrote:
deadscilent wrote:yes, Happy scumday IH.

FOS @ discordian.

Her playing tactics seem off. I don't trust her Im sorry, but I don't.

But keeping my vote with SPAG
Very interesting that your placing a FOS on Disco for wanted me at -1, yet you are happy with your vote on me.
Good catch. Isn't blatant hypocrisy a scumtell?

Also, SPAG, I saw in the newbie queue where you said that you are cleared to mod a mini-theme. That obviously means that you are not a newbie. Please link to your completed online games (which you must have, if you were ok'd to mod) so that we can examine your claims like
SPAG wrote:OK i'm going to admit, maybe my approach at the start was not the best way to go about things, and i made the mistake of doing this in all my games.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:14 pm

SPAG wrote:I honestly am a newbie on here, i have never completed a game on here. Meme has let me mod by reference to modding on other sites.
Right, so please link to games on those site you've completed.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:20 pm

pulsewidth wrote:If you can't find scum within the confines of the current game, then maybe you need to revise your strategy. I find all of this alt/metagaming talk to be conveniently distracting.
^-A likely scumbuddy. How distracting is it, really? He could've posted links immediately, and then we could've moved on from there. Funny how despite all of his previous posting he hasn't had the time to link us to his games so we could test his playstyle defense.

IH pointed out earlier that SPAG was following pulsewidth's opinion. Scumtell. Of course, SPAG will probably point out that he isn't stupid enough to follow the opinion of a scummate... but I'm not buying that defense either.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:03 pm

pulsewidth wrote:This is the first game I've been in that someone was so insistent on seeing another player's previous games. Seems the only one who's so concerned about it is you. Maybe it's because most of us don't really care? Like I said, it's not that difficult to find scum based on how they are playing in the game without looking at other games they've played in.
The strident tone of your post is interesting.

Regarding people saying he is scummy: "I seem to get this in all the games i'm in, people don't like my style because it's different" was the backbone of his defense. I followed up and investigated his defense. Now I am asking for more information.
pulsewidth wrote:Is SPAG acting scummy?
A typical scum distancing technique: agree that your buddy is scummy while still defending him by attacking his attackers.
pulsewidth wrote:Yeah, I think so; having a hard time telling whether he's newbscum or just newb.
He isn't either. Ask him how many games he has completed. I asked him already, but he chose not to answer. In a way, he infered that he was playing a newbie card earlier, now you are explicitly playing the newbie card for him. Bogus. False. Untrue.
pulsewidth wrote:But I find your obsession with alt-claiming and metagame linking to be even scummier.
Why? I don't think it is an obsession- something looked out of place so I took a closer look.
pulsewidth wrote:IH doesn't seem to have a problem with finding statements made by SPAG *in this game* and using that to make points against him. I've made a case against you using the same technique.
What is your case against me? I created a distraction by metagamming?

Lets take a quick poll: which is weaker, my case against SPAG or pulsewidth's case against me?
pulsewidth wrote:I mean, this is basic mafia strategy 101 we're talking about here. Why are you insistent with leaning on previously played games as a crutch?
Because I have a hunch that they prove SPAG to be a liar. Otherwise, why the difficulty getting the information?
pulsewidth wrote:Either you have a case against someone or you don't. If you can't back it up with evidence that is right in front of you but still insist someone is scum anyways, that makes you scummy in my eyes.

So let me see if I have this straight: you think SPAG is scummy, but because I am metagamming and insisting that SPAG provide information that he is reluctant to provide, I am scummy.

You think I am ignoring evidence found so far in this thread (which there isn't much of- very few pages and only two wagons so far) yet you are ignoring that all of my attention on SPAG is the result of what he claimed in his defense *in this thread*. He referenced games outside of this one to explain why people think he is scummy, and I am following up on it.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:05 pm

Mod: please give us a votecount

CO: I would be happy to see him lynched now. I wanted pressure on him, and everything since then has been hella scummy. I think I have a good tell against pulsewidth. pulsewidth should follow him to the noose tomorrow.

Has anyone observed the following pattern in other games: and significant bandwagon forms on a player, and quickly another wagon forms on a second player. In
your
experience which wagon is more likely to hold scum.

On a side note, for a game this size, I think a 15 page day one is better than a 30 page day one.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:04 pm

Pop quiz: can you name the lurkers from the above list?
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:50 pm

Well
can
you?
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:52 pm

JDodge wrote: 3.) When a player reaches a majority of votes, they are lynched. I will reveal their role, and the game will move into the night phase. Players can still talk during "twilight".
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:45 pm

vote: ojpower
I don't like lurking and I don't like the timing of his hammer.

The first two letters of my role's names are "Ki" and "Ra". The first two letters of my teammate's are "Fe" and "Ma". I do not know my teammates alignment, and I do not know if he is a power role.

I do not think it is a good idea for other people to come forward and make partial claims like I just did, yet, but I think it is a good idea if we
talk
about other people making partial claims like I just did.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:52 pm

I'm not a mason. I have no way of contacting my teammate othre than through this thread, and I don't even know if he is also town-aligned. SPAG claimed to have a teammate, so I figured I would put out only the first two letter so that if we are able to prove later in the game that townies are always teammates with townies my partner and I would be able to confirm each other, me by presenting the first two letter, and him by providing the rest of the letters.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:26 am

I think every townie has a responsibility to try to break the game for the town. Hello, that is called "winning". Unfortunately I don't even have the tiniest bit of knowledge about F1, I thought the names were fictional.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:28 am

SPAG wrote:Well as i'm at -1, i think it is wise to character claim.

I am Jensen Button.
This is the post where I
thought
SPAG claimed to have a teammate. My mistake.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:47 pm

unvote vote:pulsewidth
Is Polter buddying up to me? Possibly, but my magic 8-ball says "NOT LIKELY"

I assumed that the Formula 1 theme had something to do with a crazy mechanic. If the theme was a tv show or movie I was not familiar with, I wouldn't have signed up. Now I feel like a liability to the town. Damn.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:39 am

SirWario: I think some players mistake a play that doesn't make sense with a play that makes sense for a scum to make.

Something "clicked" for me this morning. No one is going after ojpower, no one is clammering for his lynch. There were some comments early in the day, but no one really pushed for a wagon on him. That doesn't feel right to me. I think that is ojpower were town at least one of the scum would've started a wagon on him- it would be easy to start and it wouldn't be a dangerous case for a scum to make.
unvote vote:ojpower
I agree that Polter's conviction is unsettling, but pulsewidth would make a far harder target than ojpower. If ojpower is scum, it would make sense for a scummy Polter to attack someone else though, I'm not using it as a tell against Polter, but if ojpower is revealed as scum Polter will be next on my list.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:37 pm

Polter- you understand that my suspicion of you is conditional upon ojpower being scum, right? I am advocating an ojpower lynch for today, and if he is guilty I will be suspicious of you regardless of if you vote for him or not.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:12 pm

SirWario wrote:Seems like you're just trying to appease Disco.
I think you just made a good enough point to force me to make a lier out of myself.
unvote:ojpower vote:Polter
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:02 am

Mod
Could you prod IH? He is ctive elsewhere on the site, but hasn't posted in this thread for more than 48 hours.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:00 pm

Patience is a virtue, especially in this mafia game. Despite the theme.

ojpower waited to make his first post, and he was able to hammer with it. He then waited again past the early phase of Day 2. If he would've posted frequently at the beginning the pressure would've been strong. Now the pressure on him is not strong at all.

I decided it was a good idea to show a little patience before responding to his posts.
ojpower wrote:
discordian algorithm wrote:Polter- you understand that my suspicion of you is conditional upon ojpower being scum, right? I am advocating an ojpower lynch for today, and if he is guilty I will be suspicious of you regardless of if you vote for him or not.
This is a definite tell.

It seems like you are saying as scum, that once you try and succeed to lynch me, you will lynch Polter no matter what.

Ahh.. That is so wrong.

vote: Discordian algorithm
No. It is very clear that I will only think that he is scum if you prove to be. If we search your hung corpse and find evidence that you are a townie, I will be far less suspicious of him.
unvote vote:ojpower
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:51 am

I wrote:So ojpower hammers and then goes away. Now he is back, and the attention on him has died down, and he is pushing hard on my wagon. Notice how little words he typed responding to posts critical of him since his return.

And now he accuses
me
of being the one trying to deflect criticism.

ojpower: I applaud your bold play as scum. Totally audacious and respectable. I do not think it is going to work in this game though.
I should be banned from using alts. Sorry, I'm new at this.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (isolation #28) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:08 am

again, if ojpower is scum than Polter will be the first on my list.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (isolation #29) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:55 am

IH wrote:Post 211 looks either like normal DA/Adel logic, or a false dilemma.

Of course this could be either one.
I think it is usually both. I hope it is just the first one.
It is interesting that if you were to fill in the gaps between my case linking Polter to ojpower, the reasons I think they are scum together are almost
exactly
the same reasons Steak Sauce argues I'm scum with Polter. Totally scum distancing. Steak Sauce did a much better job of putting his case in formal terms than I did though. He's Probably a better player than I am.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:44 pm

no need to prod. sorry about that.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #284 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:52 pm

SirWario wrote:Hopefully, Polter will return before deadline. He was really lucky that we pushed back the deadline for him. Now, he might just walk right on to day 3 unscathed with a Deathsauce lynch.
Since I expect the DS lynch to be accurate, I'm content to wait out the rest of this day and worry about Polter tomorrow. I'm not going to get NK'd by the scum because they aren't (are?) smart enough to NK me tonight.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:54 pm

Zindaras wrote:Post or die, scum.

Vote: discordian algorithm

>.>
<.<
I was reading back over the last few pages a second time to make sure I didn't miss anything before I posted.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #287 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:00 pm

Zindaras wrote:That one quote and reply is all you got from the last few pages?
That was all I felt like sharing. I'll connect a couple of dots for you tomorrow. I'm sure you will make it as well :)
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (isolation #34) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:39 pm

JDodge wrote:
SirWario wrote:
Mod
, can we get some prods on Discordian and Pulsewidth?
I forgot to mention that I have prodded both. I am now searching for a replacement for discordian algorithm.
Have I been replaced yet?
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (isolation #35) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:28 am

I'd rather not have DA lynched.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (isolation #36) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:30 am

vote:KaleiÐoscøpe

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”