Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:57 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I'm here, please don't replace me. Looks like I have some reading to do.

I don't think I ever got the initial PM from Pooky.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:08 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Korran wrote:Well since Guardian's not gonna be director I'm going to get a crappy job so I don't give a shit who is director.It makes no difference to me
I know you are new, but this is not a pro-town attitude. You are here to win the game, hopefully, and not just "get assigned a cool job."

Anyway, yeah having the roles not sent by PM was a big mistake by the mod IMO. I am finding myself agreeing with Albert that anyone posting soon after the thread started is suspicious.

However, when I did the read-through, Guardian seemed like a bit of an impulsive nutjob to me, so I don't want him in charge either. He seems to judge people waaayyy too quickly for my liking.

How about this idea?

vote: Albert B. Rampage
for director.

We need someone we can trust and he is my pick because I am sure he is in the same boat as me. I had no idea this game had started until I got a prod and it seems he is in the same situation.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:16 am

Post by Off the Mark »

eyecking wrote: 3. Which player do you trust least?
The lurking ones. Who haven't posted. At all. Other than that... maybe I don't know. Too early in the game to be certain about things like that.
eyecking was giving me scum vibes from the beginning but this post puts him over the top. Given that the mod didn't send out PM's to townies, that seems like an obvious answer to me as to why players are lurking. But if you DID receive a PM, (as I believe eyecking did) perhaps this would not occur to you. It's also a convenient excuse to deflect suspicion.

FOS: eyecking
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:29 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I knew I signed up for this game, I just assumed it hadn't started yet because I hadn't received a PM. I don't have any other games going in Coney Island, I think I checked in this forum once to see if 24 was here but it wasn't on the front page at the time, so I just kept waiting for my PM.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

That's quite a fantasy you cooked up there, Yos.
FOS: Yosarian2
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Albert, what convinces you Yos is town? I would be much more comfortable with a director who we are sure is town.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

I'm sure Albert is town because we both did not get a PM and found about the game when we got prodded. You say we could have plotted this from the beginning as scum, but from my perspective, I know that didn't happen. So in my book, we're practically a mason group.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:49 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Jack Bauer is an NPC, not a role. I'm curious to see how the "roles" and the "jobs" are going to work together. Seems to me the simplest thing to be would have only two roles - vanilla and terrorists - but certainly anything is possible.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:53 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

bleh - should have been "the simplest thing would be to have only two roles"
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:40 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I'd be happy with Ultima or Albert - I think I've got a decent grasp on the game too, but as I am fairly new around here, I'll happily defer to one of them. Seems like the director simply chooses which positions to fill and who to fill them with, and then all other decisions are made by the players.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:50 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Woops, just checked the join dates, looks like they're fairly new too.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:58 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yos, you seem to focus on odd things when you read my posts. The only way you could possibly think that the focus of my posts has been to prove myself innocent is that either you were suspicious of me from the very beginning for some odd reason or you are simply scum and trying to throw up a smokescreen here.

Anyway, I think Guardian is making a mistake when he says the SIA role might be a good place to stick suspicious players. These roles can be as good as CIA's as they get to track communication with the mod (i.e. terrorist actions) and they can falsify info. The only roles that would be somewhat safe are the Liaison roles with the exception of the FBI Liaison. Field Agent roles would also be good for suspicious players because we could order them to be bodyguards. They might have some dangerous capabilities in that role, like assassination, but they would immediately identify themselves as terrorists if they did not follow orders.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:05 am

Post by Off the Mark »

The way I understand it:

The CIA and SIA's choose who to target and then they get back a coded message. They then pass along this message to a crypto. The instructions say they have the ability to falsify info, so I'm guessing they can tell the mod if they want to pass along the real coded message or a fake one.

Yos: you need to accept the possibility that I simply believe the things I am saying. It seems counter-intuitive for you to believe I am scum because I am trying to look innocent. That is WIFOM to the extreme.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:24 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yos wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see a pro-town person using the argumetns you've used in self defense when in danger of being lynched, but I would not expect a good guy to try to go out of your way to convince us of your innocence before anyone had even questioned it. There's just no real reason to do that at this point, unless you're scum.
OK.... but I didn't do that. I said I trusted Albert and UA because they seem to be in the same position as me. You seem to be reading this as me saying, "Trust me!" when really I am just saying I trust these other guys. That's why I said you must have distrusted me from the beginning in order to get this type of read on my posts. You seem to be trying very hard to read between the lines for no good reason here. Just drop your suspicion for a second and it will all be much clearer. I am simply saying what I mean here and you are trying to glean other meanings from it and it is quite frustrating.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:56 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yos wrote:The fact that it never seemed to occur to you that it was possible that ANY of the latecomers might be scum trying to trick us bugs me.
I acknowledge this possibility, but it seems unlikely. Occam's Razor applies here, I believe.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:10 am

Post by Off the Mark »

unvote, vote: Guardian

because I trust him more than Yos and he actually has a shot at winning
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:17 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno wrote:Two players suddenly switch to guardian with little reasoning at exactly the same time? :P
I have been considering switching to Guardian since he and Albert posted their ideal setups. I didn't like Albert's much at all. With Guardian, I just had the issue with the SIA position but other than that, I liked his plan.

Korran's vote made me realize Guardian DID have a chance to win so I decided to vote for him too.

I don't trust you at all, however, Xd.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno wrote:I don't know, two of the most suspiscious players switching to another of the most suspiscious players at the same time just seems like a rather odd coincidence.
Funny you should say that, as I consider you and Yosarian (and Eyecking) the most suspicious players. As far as I can figure, I am apparently suspicious to you because I pointed out the most obvious explanation for the lurkers - any other reason?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:34 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Albert wrote: Director: Yos
Deputy: UltimaAvalon
CIA: Spambot(I trust him more than YB, Xdaamo)
SIA: ChanelDelBird
Counterintelligence Agent: Albert B. Rampage
Crypto: OffTheMark
Crypto: Eyceking
Field Agent/Bodyguard on OTM: Xdaamno
Field Agent/Bodyguard on counterintelligence agent: YB
White House: Korran
FBI: Guardian
NSA: CrashTextDummie
I don't like this because Eyecking is in a crypto role and Spambot is in the CIA role. Wait, there are two CIA roles... maybe that first one should be SIA. OK, maybe this is not so bad then. However, he has Korran in the White House role, which I think is an ideal spot for a scummy player. Korran is obviously newb-town to me.

How about something like this?

Director: Guardian
Deputy: UltimaAvalon
SIA: Spambot
SIA: YogurtBandit
Counterintelligence Agent: Albert B. Rampage
Crypto: OffTheMark
Crypto: Korran
Field Agent/Bodyguard on OTM: Xdaamno
Field Agent/Bodyguard on counterintelligence agent: Yos
White House: Eyecking
FBI: CTD
NSA: ChannelDeliBird
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Actually this is kinda silly. We are never going to agree on a good setup since some of us are scum. It's like throwing Jesse Jackson and David Duke into a room to try to come up with a plan on how to best fight racism in schools.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Guardian, you're still missing the fact that CIA/SIA have the ability to falsify information. So we don't want suspicious players there either. In my setup, I intentionally put players in the CIA/SIA roles who I thought were mostly trustworthy. The players in the liaison roles (besides FBI) and the Field Agent roles was where I stuck the suspicious ones.

We don't exactly know the mechanics of how CIA/SIA roles will pass on false info, but according to the instructions, they can. So what will happen is we'll get a piece of intel that will turn out to be false and then we have to figure out if the crypto or the CIA/SIA is responsible for falsifying it.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:15 am

Post by Off the Mark »

SIA: YogurtBandit - I trust YB more than this, I think White House liaison cannot do that much harm and I think having him there would be better than having him here.
Why do you want to put a player you trust in a position where he "can't do much harm"? I think you got confused here. SIA is a good spot for a player you trust. White House is good for someone you don't.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Guardian - see my emphasis added in bold
Pooky wrote: Signals Intelligence Analyst(2):

Signals Intelligence Analysts are able to monitor outgoing transmissions of suspected terrorists, they are able to monitor outgoing transmissions sent from any system on the network or a suspected terrorist outside the network. Translation: they choose either a player in the game or a suspected terrorist outside the game, they then receive all communications coming from the monitored player(this only includes choices made to the moderator or questions asked to the moderator) or terrorist.

Signals intercepts will be in the form of a code that must then be passed on to the Cryptography division to check.

Beware of putting a terrorist in this position!
He may falsify a intercept in code that will then lead to faulty intel!
I'm not sure why you keep ignoring this. Clearly the SIA and CIA are not simply passing a code onto a crypto.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Spambot wrote:We have absolutely no reason to just take your word that you mean what you say. There is no good reason to think that you aren't lying scum, and you need to seriously drop this "I lurked for a week so I am confirmed" stuff. It might make you look better, but it does not confirm you at all.
I know you don't have to take my word for it, that's not what I said at all. I just said you have to accept the
possibility
that what I'm saying is truly what I believe. When I start to read someone's post, I first read it assuming they are town. If anything jumps out at me as bad logic or suspicious I reread and see how it would sound coming from a scum. If reading it that way makes it make more sense, I chalk it up as a scummy post. I thought this was how everyone operated, but the way Yos was interpreting my posts seemed like he distrusted me from the get-go for some odd reason.

I really didn't realize I'd come across as pushing the "I've been lurking for a week therefore I'm innocent" thing. We were all talking about who we trusted, so I said I trust the other lurkers and stated why. Somehow this has got everybody up in arms against me.

I understand that it does not make us confirmed town. But TO ME, it makes us more trustworthy than the average bear, ok?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Wrong. Everyone is against you because you are playing like a tard.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:54 am

Post by Off the Mark »

White House can speed up all other agency's liaisons' requests. But this is another mod question - does this work for all agencies simultaneously or does the White House guy say "I want to speed up NSA liaison's request" and then that 1 request goes from 4 hours to 3 hours completion time. If it's just one request, it may not be worth it. Plus White House guy does have other abilities that seem helpful to Jack Bauer. You never know, helping Jack may help us find terrorists too. I would not be surprised at all if this is the case.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:25 am

Post by Off the Mark »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:The White House speeds up a targetted Agency's requests so that the targetted Agency has a shorter delay time for the rest of the game.
How often does the White House guy get to make actions? Do his requests take 4 hours too? So White House guy says "speed up FBI" and then 4 hours later, the FBI becomes a 3-hour response time instead of 4 hours for the rest of the game? Let me know if I understand the mechanics correctly.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:08 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Looking over the setup again... we may do more harm than good if we put suspicious players in the liaison positions. I think we might want to just fill FBI and leave the others vacant at the start of the game until it becomes obvious that Jack needs more help. Putting bad guys in liaison positions might screw over the Jack Bauer part of the game very quickly. We may do better if we maximize our scum-finding capabilities in the early game. So what about this setup: (modified from UA's)

Director
Deputy
Counter Intel
SIA x2
Field Agentx3
Cryptox3
Liaison(FBI)

This gives us 4 guys potentially doing investigations and 3 decrypters. The field agents can bodyguard or they can use their other abilities, if they are trusted. What do you think?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:51 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Alright after looking over everyone's ideas about how to run this place, I am finding myself agreeing with Yos the most. Heh, kinda ironic huh? If he does turn out to be a terrorist, hopefully we will be able to figure it out based on what happens to the people in his high-trust positions. I agree with the idea that whoever is director needs to be investigated first by CounterIntel or FBI.

unvote:
vote: Yosarian2
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #29) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:19 am

Post by Off the Mark »

A question for the group - I haven't played in setups that are this "open" before. (since everyone will know the jobs assigned)

Should the investigators announce who they are investigating? It will help provide the town with more info, but it will also give scum the capability to mislead us. Like, if the CounterIntel guy says "I'm investigating the director, Yosarian" then the terrorists could kill him off and immediatley make Yos look guilty.

I think it will be better if investigators keep their actions secret until we get results.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:23 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

@Spambot

Thankyou! I'm glad someone else is seeing what I have been seeing. This line:
Eyecking wrote:I'll get you scums if it's the last thing I do!
is so scummy it's silly. Could you sound any faker?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Joking can go either way though. (WIFOM) Still gives me a scummy impression, but could easily be a silly joke too.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:54 am

Post by Off the Mark »

No, that's not what I meant, I didn't explain that real well - sorry. Just trying to say that scum can make obvious jokey statements too.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Xdaamo as FBI ? LOL.
I don't like that either. CTD I'm neutral on, but I don't trust Xd.

unvote:
vote: Guardian

I liked Yos's analysis of the game better, but I don't agree with the people he is trusting.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #34) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:58 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I am feeling a little better about Xd now. And on my first read-through I did find myself agreeing with some of his suspicions of the Guardian - YogurtBandit connection. That did seem pretty odd at the time, but almost too blatant to be truly scummy.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #35) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Well, I'm definitely not voting for Albert. We do not want a mix of scummy and non-scummy cryptos and Investigators. You are misunderstanding something about the mechanics of the game. As Yos said, it takes time for cryptos to decode the messages, so we want at LEAST 2 cryptos at all time. And if they are not trustworthy, we will get a steady flow of bad info.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #36) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:40 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Maybe this has already been asked/answered, but can the director reassign players to new positions at will? If so, we could start with zero cryptos and then assign them as needed for decoding. There won't be any encrypted messages at the start of the game, after all.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:21 am

Post by Off the Mark »

OTM, do you have anything to say in response to my accusation? It looked to me like you were pushing for my election so you could be crypto.
I can see how you would think that, but even if that WERE the reason I wanted you to be elected (so I could be crypto), you could hardly blame me, since CTD and Yos had me in the bodyguard (or maybe White House) role. I know I am trustworthy, so I think it is a waste to put me in bodyguard, so of course I would pick your setup as the best with regards to my role.

BUT that isn't even the reason I was pushing for you as director. I didn't like how Yos has Xdaamno in the investigator role, that's all it was. As I believe I explained before.

Anyway, my thoughts on announcing who bodyguards should protect: if we say who we are protecting, then scum is guaranteed to kill somebody unprotected. We could each list 2 people we want to protect and then scum would avoid trying to hit either of those people because of the 50% failure rate, since one of them would be actually protected. However, I realize this would give us (if we were scum agents) the ability to say "Oops, I guess I was unlucky there" even though we really weren't protecting ANYBODY. But I think if this happened, the field agent is very likely scum because the terrorists decided to go after his targets despite the 50% failure rate. Does this make sense?

Of course, the terrorists could also purposely go after one of the 50% protected targets because they know if they succeed, the town will lynch the bodyguard, so it's a tossup.

On the plus side, we can put a lot more people under the "protected" umbrella.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (isolation #38) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:23 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Guardian wrote:if/once yos gets confirmed, he can tell you in private who to protect. while his alignment is unknown... :S
This is a good idea, but if Yos is scum this will quickly go horribly wrong. He will lie to everyone else about his orders to us. But I guess that would expose him pretty quickly... hmmmm.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (isolation #39) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:26 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yosarian2 wrote:(shrug) Well, if people don't trust me yet to discuss bodyguard targets in private, we could just assign one to the FBI agent, one to the CIA agent, and let Korran (who is the most pro-town looking of the 3 bodyguards, IMHO) pick one of the 2 cryptos on his own. Not perfect protection, butshould be pretty safe for the moment.
I think we should discuss in private. I'll be sure to let CTU know if you lie about the assignment you give me. :)
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (isolation #40) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:29 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno - the reasons you seemed suspicious to me: 1) your early post in the thread with the joke. 2) your attacks on Guardian

That's all. Recently, I've been only getting pro-town vibes from you though, so I am not nearly as suspicious. If you ARE scum, you've been playing very well. :wink:
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #41) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Eyceking wrote:Who are you, and what the hell is going on?
lol at this perfect response.

OK not sure what to make of F.A. yet, but he does seem to think a lot of himself.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #42) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Got it, boss - sending PM
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #43) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Hey we don't have much time if we want to get some momentum towards a lynch here. In most games, day 1 discussion seems to go on for a month or more. We can't wait that long in this game. We have, what, 9 days? In the interest of getting some pressure/discussion going, and because I think he is the scummiest:

vote: eyecking
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #44) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:51 am

Post by Off the Mark »

No - I am trying to push ahead for discussion. We are very limited on time here. We need to get a bandwagon going to evaluate behaviour. Thanks for your vote, though, that helps. :D
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #45) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno wrote:Go on, then, I'll analyse you. Make sure you provide a defense rather than shrugging me off ;)
If you insist, but this whole argument is so weak, I almost feel like just shrugging it off.
Right from the first post, this is one of my points. The tone of voice employed by OTM is quite manipulative (Though, admittedly, I haven't read his other games so I don't know if he's always like this). Korran was the easiest target for allying with easily; then again, they could be scum partners but OTM's scum either way. Of course, this is 80% of a scum vibes kind of thing.

Yes, he'll probably strawman the above argument since it isn't that strong.
Yes, I was talking down to Korran. He is a 12-year old who doesn't know how to play, I was trying to help. I was also critical of him for playing to get a good job rather than playing to win. You call this manipulative, I call it persuasive and pro-town.
This is OTM's third post. He's already jumping on eyce, and I don't see anything wrong with eyce's statement.
I explained what was wrong with it.
One thing I have noticed, though is, OTM's use of 'eyecking was giving me scum vibes from the beginning' . Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't OTM one of those
who wasn't even there at the beginning
?
This is one of those things that is so dumb it is not worth responding to. When I say "from the beginning" it means from the beginning of my reading of the game. Seriously, this didn't occur to you? I don't think you are this dumb, so I am forced to think you are grasping at straws here to criticize me, which means you are scum.
Disclaimer 2: Wow, look at the connections between me and Eyce through the game, after re-reading. This was unintentional, and please give me the benifet of the doubt.
Interesting you felt the need to post
this
Xdaamno wrote:
Off the Mark wrote:That's quite a fantasy you cooked up there, Yos.
FOS: Yosarian2
Fifth post, no explanations, lots of embellishment. This is probably the best example of this I can find.
I don't find it necessary to fully explain in excruciating detail every thought I have. Most of the times, I think my line of thought is fairly easy to see. If not, I will say so. This was posted after Yos's theory about intentional lurking. It seemed bizarre to me at the time, but I guess it is possible, now that I have considered it more. But I still don't find it very likely.
Hm. The first paragraph is wrong, simply because of this: Even if OTM was not being overdefensive, how is it in any way no pro-town to point it out? It's perfectly reasonable for any x pro-town player to believe someone is being overdefensive even if they don't realise it. Stating your feelings is pro-town, not pro-scum. Still, I'm not ruling out Yos as scum, just that OTM's argument is faulty.

The second paragraph is slightly better. He makes a few good points, but still comes off as rather manipulative in his writing style.
I said nothing about Yos being pro or anti-town. I simply said it seemed he had to be suspicious of me from the get-go in order to get that reading on my posts. Do you have reading comprehension problems?
And here's his very first mention of me, his seventeenth post. Regardless, his argument in the second paragraph reeks vibes to me.
We should be looking to support the players who look the smartest and most pro-town, not those that have the best chance of winning
. Why he'd choose to support guardian solely based on the fact he had the best chance of winning is strange.
This is perfectly normal. It's the same reason you don't vote for a third party candidate for president.
And, after that, he says he dosen't trust me out of the blue, but do you remember the context this was taken from? Two of the most suspiscious players suddenly voted for another of the most suspiscious players at the same time, with crap reasoning. Now, even if I was wrong, how is it not pro-town to point out this was strange?
Suspicious to you. I disagree that Korran and I are suspicious. Guardian, not so sure about. Again, I said nothing about your actions being anti-town. Since you seem to keep assuming this, it seems you are being kinda overdefensive here.
Xdaamno wrote:
Off the Mark wrote:Actually this is kinda silly. We are never going to agree on a good setup since some of us are scum. It's like throwing Jesse Jackson and David Duke into a room to try to come up with a plan on how to best fight racism in schools.
Little content, lots of posting.
Oh come on, I can't try to lighten things up with a humorous observation once in a while? This whole argument of yours seems like a HUUUUGGGE reach to me and makes me very suspicious of you. I find it hard to believe another townie could legitimately have so much suspicion of me based on these posts.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (isolation #46) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

@Xdaamno - I don't think you're scum anymore. Even throughout your argument against me, I didn't think you were scum. I do you think you are off on a horribly wrong track, though, and I think I'm not helping things with the personal insults. You are right about that. So I apologize for calling your arguments dumb. I still think they are rather weak however, and I think if you could remove emotion from it, you would agree.

Guardian's last few posts are insane. He never even replied to my rebuttal of his argument against me. And Yogurt looks like his scumbuddy.

unvote, vote: Guardian
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #47) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:09 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I'm not trying to make friends with you, give me a break. I still think your argument is rather lame and I think your play right now, if not scummy, is at least anti-town as you are going after me so consistently with lame suspicions that when you really break it down, don't amount to a hill of beans.

Start analyzing elsewhere, you're wasting your time here. At this point, anything I say will be interpreted by you as "scum just trying really hard to look town." But, just like I said to Yos2 earlier, you have to consider the possibility that I simply mean what I say. Guardian looks the scummiest to me by far right now.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (isolation #48) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yosarian2 wrote:If we lynch now or during hour 2, we get another lynch by hour 5 when the cop investigations start coming in. That's probably the best bet at this point.
QFT - let's move, people.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #49) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:54 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno wrote:OTM, you're asking for a bandwagon and I'm giving you one :wink:

Still, I don't like the way you're ignoring a lot of attacks upon yourself. You can argue whatever you say is somehow wrong, but I just don't see many people do this and it seems strange.
Huh? What attacks am I ignoring?

Also, Xdaamno, if you've been paying attention, you'd know you have protection. But I guess that too, will require a little trust. How deliciously ironic.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (isolation #50) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:39 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Tell Jack to investigate the President's cabinet. There's always some bad guys working from the inside there, every... single... season.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (isolation #51) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno wrote: And OTM, I must of missed the bit about someone protecting me. Apparently, that makes me an idiot? :P
Not what I said. Earlier Yos instructed me to protect the FBI liaison. Now do you understand? :D
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (isolation #52) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Off the Mark »

You don't get me? Yeesh.
I am protecting you.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (isolation #53) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:30 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Boy, for a high-paced game where each hour only lasts 3 days... this sucks. Lots of people are not contributing here. Maybe we need to start pressuring lurkers. We need to move fast in this game to have a chance, town!
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #54) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:24 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Are you serious? I thought we were making progress here, but I guess not. For a game where we HAVE to move fast in order to have any chance of winning, this town really sucks.

And because I push this idea, I am called scummy. The world's gone cuckoo!

Go ahead and bandwagon me, at least then the town will be doing SOMEthing. We have no chance of winning if we just let time tick by with nothing happening, so this town/CTU/whatever is done for anyway.

Maybe we need some replacement players? Because this is really pitiful.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (isolation #55) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:51 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Spambot and ABR - vote for somebody and say why you think they're scum.

And yes, we can send in actions for every hour. Unless you have an action that takes multiple hours, then I assume the mod continues that action until he is instructed otherwise.

I did not send in an hour 2 action, but I assumed I would continue my bodyguard duties until I sent the mod a new action.
Pooky, please clarify this?

And yes, terrorists could kill us at any time. They can kill once every 4 hours.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (isolation #56) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:53 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno - it is bad to have your mind made up already. Especially on such flimsy evidence as you have presented.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (isolation #57) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:55 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno wrote:Mainly the way how once again, he's ignored his own defense and tried to let it blow over him.
GAHHH!!! You still haven't told me what arguments I am ignoring, you just keep saying that I am ignoring them!!! This is soooooo frustrating. :x
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #58) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:57 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno wrote:What 's the evidence I've presented got to do with it? It's gut feeling,
This is the exact opposite of what you JUST said. So the arguments I am supposed to be defending myself against are your gut feelings? This is totally insane.

I don't think you're scum though, but you're a very bad scumhunter and a terrible choice for FBI liaison.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (isolation #59) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:59 am

Post by Off the Mark »

That's your argument? "You look unbelievably scummy." That's the kind of crap that I am supposed to respond to? You have GOT to be kidding me.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (isolation #60) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I responded to one of your assertions of manipulation, I didn't think I had to keep saying the same thing over and over every time you bring it up. I write persuasively. I always do. You call it manipulation, whatever.

And if you want me to respond to comments like "you look scummy" my only response is going to be "Please explain how." Now it's your turn.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (isolation #61) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I think you'll find I respond to everything that is worth responding to. In all my games.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (isolation #62) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I've never encountered a player who throws out such vague statements as "you look scummy here" and then expects a counter argument. If you want me to answer somethinig, then you ask me a question. It's not difficult.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (isolation #63) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno wrote:
And if you want me to respond to comments like "you look scummy" my only response is going to be "Please explain how." Now it's your turn.

Eh, that's loaded... I've already said it's mostly gut.
In that case, all I can say is, your gut is wrong. Use your head next time.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (isolation #64) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:17 am

Post by Off the Mark »

OK, I just went back and read where I didn't respond. The problem is... I did respond. Maybe I didn't respond how you expect, but that is not my fault.

Here's your attack:
Xdaamno wrote:Gah... lynch OTM already; you look unbelievably scummy from here
Here's my response:
OTM wrote:Are you serious? I thought we were making progress here, but I guess not. For a game where we HAVE to move fast in order to have any chance of winning, this town really sucks.

And because I push this idea, I am called scummy. The world's gone cuckoo!
My response is in the exact same vagueness as your attack. Did you expect a point-by-point rebuttal or something? You said I looked scummy, I asked "are you serious?" which was supposed to convey shocked disbelief. And then I explained how my actions were in fact pro-town and yet you are interpreting them as scummy. That is a perfect response to a vague attack.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #65) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:58 am

Post by Off the Mark »

As I just showed you, I did respond.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (isolation #66) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:17 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I think I know why you are feeling this way. You posted your big case against me and then I posted a big rebuttal. Then you posted a counter-rebuttal and I let it drop. I was going to post a counter-counter-rebuttal, but I figured we wouldn't be covering any new ground, we'd just be saying things like "no I didn't" and "yes you did" so I didn't bother.

Is that the problem here? I just figured you weren't convinced, but I thought my arguments still would stand up to the scrutiny of the town, even with you getting the last word in, so I didn't continue the debate.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (isolation #67) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:03 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Someone investigate Hezbolla - how do we do that?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #68) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:11 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno - I said the same thing at end of Hour 0. No need for cryptos right at the beginning.

FOS: YogurtBandit
for suggesting that Korran go off and do stuff on his own instead of bodyguard. I am feeling better and better about the Guardian - YB scum theory.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (isolation #69) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:43 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yogurt - aren't you supposed to be protecting someone? Are you claiming that Yos2 gave you different orders? Talk about a useless investigation - the Jefferson memorial? Next time try something with - you know - important people in it, instead of a tourist site.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (isolation #70) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Off the Mark »

oh, yeah, duh - it's a nuke - I guess it could be anywhere

Yogurt - any explanation why you weren't following orders? "We're cops too" - that's your explanation?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (isolation #71) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:34 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

YogurtBandit wrote:Im not going to body guard someone so I can die, the FIeld agents have more abilities. I shouldve kept quiet, so They wouldve not known.
That's moronic.
unvote:, vote:YogurtBandit
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (isolation #72) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:56 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yosarian2 wrote:Well, that's worrying...

I was just told by the mod that someone here at CTU just tried to hack into the director's personal computer, and specifically into the director's e-mail and personell file. I'm not sure what that means; whatever they were trying to do, it apparenlty wasn't sucessfull this time.
That probably just means an SIA is watching you. It might not be a bad thing.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (isolation #73) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Yos, can we have a quick chat in your office? I would like to disclose who I am protecting to you and you only.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (isolation #74) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:53 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I considered that, but I figured it would be better to keep things on the up-and-up. Secrets leave too much room for scum to lie with no way to track down the truth. If I am telling Yos2 everything, at least it gives us a backtrail to look at when one of us tells a lie. If at any point our stories differ about my assignment, then CTU will know that one of us is scum, and a 1-for-1 trade is good for the town.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (isolation #75) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:06 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno - why? You think me and Yos are scumbuds or something? Or you just think I am trying too hard to sound pro-CTU? I am honestly mystified why you keep posting stuff like this with no explanation.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (isolation #76) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:56 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno wrote:Why would a townie place so much trust in Yos when they've previously said 'I like Yos's game analysis, but I'm not sure he's pro-town' (Paraphrased, but not cannabalised)? Confirming all your information to one player you're not even sure is pro-town is a
horrible
strategy for a townie.
As I said, if Yos (or me) is scum, by sharing the information, I set up a chance for one of us to be caught in a lie. And finding scum for sure between two possible players is good for the town.

If the guy who I say I am NOT guarding dies, then Yos looks very bad, although that would not be solid proof.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (isolation #77) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Just looking over the bandwagon for YB and noticed that our favorite scummy poster, Eyceking, jumped on board as soon as momentum was gaining with no comment whatsoever.

FOS: Eyceking
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (isolation #78) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:37 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno wrote:Eh, I thought you would, and then I planned to point out
OTM wrote:That's moronic.
was your only comment before voting him :P
LOL, true, but I was one of the players challenging him on his actions and then when he explained I thought his answer was moronic, so I voted.

I still think his actions were moronic btw.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (isolation #79) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:23 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Nothing new to report? Have cryptos received any encrypted messages from SIA/CIA?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (isolation #80) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:54 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I agree with CTD's analysis but I was hoping we'd have something more concrete to go on before our next lynch.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (isolation #81) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:34 am

Post by Off the Mark »

It's not a great answer, Spambot, but it seems like an honest answer. I still think Guardian's behavior in hours 1 and 2 was rather bizarre and even though Yogurt wasn't scum, Guardian could have been buddying up to a player he knew was pro-town.

Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (isolation #82) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:48 am

Post by Off the Mark »

You're going to be suspicious of me no matter what, aren't you Xd?

If I
was
scum with Spambot, would I be that obvious? (WIFOM, yeah yeah, but come on) Another reason I don't want to jump on the Spambot wagon is I'm not all that sure about CTD yet, so I don't want to blindly follow his lead.

I'm hoping for some investigation results.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (isolation #83) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xd - the rules say nothing about your investigation results being encrypted. It says that for the CIA/SIA, but not for FBI.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (isolation #84) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:04 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno wrote:OTM, as I stated, I saw the scuminess before I saw your name.
I find this very hard to believe. Maybe you would read the content before looking at my name, but you can't miss my Rick James avatar. 8)
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (isolation #85) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:08 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno wrote:Yeah, OTM, I might of been exaggerating. I was just making a point I would of said what I said about everyone.
Lynch all liars? j/k - I don't think you are scum. You are quite overzealous and stubborn however.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (isolation #86) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:26 am

Post by Off the Mark »

eyce - once your 4 hour job completes, all Xd's jobs will only take 3 hours from then on. So Xd could give us a result in hour 5, and in hour 8.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (isolation #87) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:12 am

Post by Off the Mark »

^^^ agreed. Guardian is scum.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (isolation #88) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:35 am

Post by Off the Mark »

:lol:
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (isolation #89) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Guardian is being far too aggressive with Yos. As I see it, there are two possibilities:

1) Yos made up the hacking scenario in order to send bad orders and not take the blame for it.

2) These orders were "forced" by the moderator because of the hacking, and Yos will be able to countermand them eventually.

Pooky's last email pretty much guarantees that the hacking is real, so I am going with #2.

Guardian - why would Yos know exactly who hacked his computer? This is a ridiculous challenge you are throwing at him. Still convinced you are dirty dirty scum.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (isolation #90) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Yeah - was that a confession? Whatever it was, it was a bizarre post.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (isolation #91) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:12 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Is there a way we can find out more about Jack's false orders? Who did they supposedly come from? Can Jack tell us that?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (isolation #92) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Hey, I talked to Pooky about field agent abilities and it could be a very bad role for scum to be in. (seems like they all can)

Pooky said I have the ability to attempt to assassinate Jack Bauer. (or at least attempt, if I know his location) I can also do things like put a bomb in his car, kidnap his daughter, etc.

Seems the only pro-town abilities I have are investigating sites and bodyguarding.

Just an FYI.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (isolation #93) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Off the Mark »

unvote: Guardian

Has anyone seen scum pull this sad sack ("I'm not having fun", "this is too depressing") act before? I'm actually getting town vibes from Guardian at this point, but I guess it could be an act. Unvoting while I think about it some more.

I am just about certain Yos is town.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (isolation #94) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Off the Mark »

His point about Xdaamno being unprotected in hour 4 was absolutely true.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (isolation #95) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Albert you need to explain where you are getting the info about CTD's target.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (isolation #96) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I wanted to see his reaction.
Whenever people say this after posting illogical crap, it smells like BS to me. I would be FOS'ing you right now, Albert, if you weren't one of the latecomers.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (isolation #97) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:35 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Guardian wrote:OTM -- scum definitely could "pull" the reaction I am having, but it is really just my frustration at this game and my play in it.

I am glad you find me town -- as I am town -- but yeah a scum could easily pretend to get frustrated, imo.
This doesn't sound genuine to me. Overly placating.
I am still not ready to respond to Yos -- I have my thoughts, but putting them into words will just suck and take time and make me more annoyed when he responds and points out the "flaws" in my responses.
This is more sad-sack type behavior.
I think Yos2 is lying. I think FA is also highly possible to be scum.

I think if Yos2 is town that tells us a lot, that scum can hack the director, etc. etc., but I don't think Yos2 is town. He is the only player, pretty much, that I have consistently found scummy all game.

He should be lynched.
I don't understand how you find Yos scummy all game, but maybe I just don't see the same things you see.
One thing I guarantee -- if he is lynched and is town, I will try to respond to his points in full, and be quite annoyed with myself -- but I don't think he is town, and I don't particularly feel like engaging in debate with him right now. Again, maybe later, maybe not.
This is sooooo scummy sounding. You sound like you know he's town and are preparing already to defend yourself for lynching him.

Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (isolation #98) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:49 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Just started a reread... and you know what? I think I've found scum. And I think Guardian might be town after all. (maybe) Read this:
ChannelDelibird wrote:Please, people, before you start complaining about roles...
READ THE BLOODY FIRST POST!

Thanks to lack of common sense we have already given info to the terrorists.
CDB was the first to post to the thread and THEN he posts this... sure seems like he got a PM doesn't it? If he's a power role, this seems like he's giving himself away a bit... and besides, wouldn't it HELP him as a power role for people to commit "oopsies" and reveal they didn't get a PM?

Yeah, sure, it helps scum hunt power roles, but I think creating more "confirmed townies" is much more beneficial to the town and harmful to scum overall.

FA replaced CDB.

unvote:
vote: Frozen Atlantic
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (isolation #99) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

No comments on my FA vote? I thought I really found something there.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (isolation #100) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:01 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

I don't think it is proof, but I find it highly highly suspicious. Much better than you usually get in the early game.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (isolation #101) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Y'know... the fact that CTD was moved into the deputy role by the hacker IS highly suspicious, now that you mention it. I like this new guy. Sure is a big step-up from Korran, huh? :wink:

Of course, scum could just move someone into the Deputy role that they would like to see killed off, because they know it looks suspicious. And I know CTD is quite a good scum hunter, so this scenario makes sense too. Typical, analysis ends in WIFOM.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (isolation #102) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xd, which part of Kinetic's post are you replying to?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (isolation #103) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:31 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Just a thought: if we had 3 field agents plus Jack all investigating locations in D.C. we could sweep through the whole town in a couple "hours".
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (isolation #104) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:09 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Hmm true, scum field agents could lie about location investigation results. Bah. Still could be worth it - then later if we get intel about the bomb being in a location that someone investigated and cleared, we found the bomb and a scum.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (isolation #105) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:27 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Did you look at the map, Guardian? There are not THAT many places of interest on there. We could cover all the major buildings in a few hours if we did a concentrated search.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (isolation #106) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:46 am

Post by Off the Mark »

True, the bomb might not be in a place of interest on the map, but given that the map Pooky gave us has touristy locations highlighted, I think it is pretty safe to assume those are the locations we should focus on.

Wouldn't it seem kind of stupid if the bomb ended being in a warehouse that
wasn't
on the map? I mean, we are playing a game after all, not actually looking for a nuclear bomb.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (isolation #107) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:14 am

Post by Off the Mark »

You pick a spot to send Jack, Yos. If we discuss in thread, the terorrists will know where Jack is headed.

Guardian - I think we need to lynch at every opportunity, but only if we have a good candidate. At this point, I think FA is an excellent candidate, but we seem to have quite a few lurkers, so I'm not sure we're going to be able to put together a lynch in time.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (isolation #108) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:43 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Can we put an SIA on Hizbollah? They are usually the most involved in anti-Israeli action. Eyce, I wish you would have sent in a request to investigate a D.C. site during hour 5 instead of doing nothing. Let's go people. Try to do something useful every hour, and if you're not sure what to do, post in thread or ask Yos privately.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (isolation #109) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:16 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I did not get any results from my investigation of the White House yet. Waiting for a PM from Pooky.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (isolation #110) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:17 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Look at this post by Pooky:
Modnote: The Lag Time for the Liason Role means that you can't schuffle people in and out of the Liason roles while a certain action is being performed, the Liason has to be alive and be the Liason for as many hours as the lag is in order to complete an action.
Does this really mean you
can't
shuffle people in and out of roles during lagged actions, or does this mean you
shouldn't
shuffle people in and out of lagged action roles?

If the answer is "can't" then those actions should have completed.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (isolation #111) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:45 am

Post by Off the Mark »

We need to lynch hour 6 - I am pretty confident Frozen Atlantic is scum. Let's get voting.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (isolation #112) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Investigation results - I am fairly certain the White House is clear of nuclear weapons, but it is possible that I'm wrong.

So, I don't know how helpful that is. :(
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (isolation #113) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

My PM didn't say anything about an opportunity to investigate further.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (isolation #114) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Off the Mark »

It is very weird, but I don't think it's necessarily scummy. We have two players who seem to be a little nuts, but I think both of them are town - Guardian and Albert.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (isolation #115) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Albert wrote:I'm feeling very good about FA and Yosarian as scum atm. FA more so because of he hides behind a screen of role-play. I don't like how he goes after Guardian either. As for Yosarian, I am pretty sure that every position gives a certain advantage to the terrorists who have them. I think the director can switch jobs the way Yosarian did if he was a terrorist. All in all, FA is certainly the best play for today.
Totally agree. And I've been waiting to post this, but I might as well say it now. If FA comes up scum, I find it extremely likely that Yos is too, since CDB supported Yos as director in the early game.
CDB wrote:I could get behind a CTD vote, or a me vote, but Yos is probably my first choice outright.
This also makes me think CTD is town if FA comes up scum, since I doubt FA would list ALL scum in his preferred choices for director.

From all the actions I've seen from Yos as director, including our PM's, I don't get the impression that he is working against the town. BUT I certainly can't see everything he's doing, and of course he'd be making a huge mistake by making any scummy moves out in the open, so he could be simply playing it cool.

If FA comes up town, I'll want to examine Guardian more closely, but at this point, although his posts are not always logical, his suspicions make sense to me.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (isolation #116) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Off the Mark »

You could be right Kinetic, but I find FA much scummier than Guardian at this point.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (isolation #117) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Kinetic, look at Guardian's first post:
Guardian wrote:I also haven't received a role yet. Kidding? I'm a bit confused. I assume this happens after we elect the director?
Sure, he could be faking it, but if so, that's a pretty damn good fake.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (isolation #118) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:05 am

Post by Off the Mark »

^^^ that makes no sense, man
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (isolation #119) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:06 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Off the Mark wrote: Totally agree. And I've been waiting to post this, but I might as well say it now. If FA comes up scum, I find it extremely likely that Yos is too, since CDB supported Yos as director in the early game.
:eyebrow:

That's kind of a thin connection; a lot of people supported me in the early game.
Right, and if any of those who supported you strongly come up scum, then you need to be scrutinized. Them's the breaks of getting elected.
Yosarian2 wrote: In any case, could you please restate your case against FA? I agree that he needs to post more content; the rate he's been posting just isn't enough for a speed game like this; but at the moment the case against Guardian seems much stronger.
The strongest point of my case is where CDB tells everyone to "READ THE BLOODY FIRST POST". This tells me he does NOT want people accidentally confirming themselves as town. He tries to play it off as "we have already given information to the terrorists" but this rings false to me. I think scum would be much more concerned about people giving themselves away like that than town would.

But FA's play has been suspicious also. His roleplaying allows him to post lots of crap without saying much and he slipped onto YB's bandwagon in a rather suspicious way.

What has FA contributed to the town, as far as strategy/discussion goes? Nada.

So, yeah, altogether I feel good about voting for FA.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (isolation #120) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

It doesn't matter if scum was able to talk during election. I'm not saying CDB was trying to communicate with scum, I was saying he was trying to stop townies from confirming themselves.

Reading comprehension, people, geesh!

Kinetic's behavior has become very suspicious. Ridiculously so, actually. I did NOT spend 2 pages saying "don't vote for me, I'm a latecomer." Give me a break here, that is nowhere close to the truth. The discussion turned to who we thought was trustworthy, and naturally I said I trusted the other lurkers because I assume the same thing happened to them that happened to me, that's ALL. Then I got challenged for that by a bunch of scummy-looking players and I had to keep defending myself and explaining and THAT's why it went on for 2 fricking pages.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (isolation #121) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Ah, OK, I see what you're saying now. That's a decent point. But I think CDB's and Guardian's posts happened too soon after the thread was opened for your mafia conspiracy theory to work.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (isolation #122) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

my post 1047 was responding to Yos
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (isolation #123) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:58 am

Post by Off the Mark »

if in doubt, send a PM
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (isolation #124) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:46 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I'd love to, but it seems we're not getting anywhere. A lot of non-participants in this "fast-paced game". :(
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (isolation #125) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I feel very good believing Guardian is scum, and the more I see it the more I think Albert might be as well but I'm very unsure about it. I think Albert's 'clearing' Guardian as town as soon as he entered the game was quite suspicious. I'm not convinced OTM is scum, but I think he's following Albert and Guardian because he thinks they're 'confirmed town'.
I've been considering this possibility and if it is true, I am going to hate myself.

It's kinda funny, I feel the same way about you following Yos and FA as you feel about me.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (isolation #126) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

It's hard to stay suspicious of Yos when he keeps making so much pro-town sense. Totally agree with him on the lynching situation.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (isolation #127) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:30 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Kinetic - please explain how you've figured this out.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (isolation #128) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:36 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yeah I didn't really follow that logic either.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (isolation #129) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:03 am

Post by Off the Mark »

@Kinetic - OK, but according to Spambot, UA was watching Yos, and UA sent the encrypted info to Spambot, so I don't see any inconsistency there.

@ABR - I don't get how that is proof. It is proof that Yos didn't notice that Spambot had already announced that he got intel from 2 different SIA's, but is that proof that Yos and FA are scum? If so, I don't get it.

I agree with you, though, I want to lynch FA asap.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (isolation #130) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Checked out the Library of Congress. Nothing there.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (isolation #131) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:27 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Reminder - we don't want scummy players in field agent roles. They can seriously mess with Jack Bauer.

I'd rather give suspicious players like FA no job.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (isolation #132) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Off the Mark »

vote count?
I'll lynch Guardian hour 9 if it's a choice between that and a no lynch. Then if he comes up town, like I expect, we can go after FA and possibly Yos, depending on what has transpired in the meantime. Yos still looks pro-town to me. The only reasons I suspect him are CDB/FA's support of him and maybe he faked the hack. Besides that, I got nothin'.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (isolation #133) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:16 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

bah, not this argument again.

The White House is "mostly cleared". It was my first investigation site.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (isolation #134) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

whoah, didn't see Pooky's post when I posted mine. Dang, our first murder. RIP Xdaamno.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (isolation #135) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:04 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yosarian2 wrote: I haven't talked to him since then, and I'm not sure what he's been doing since then.
hey mod read this post

I've been continuing to investigate sites. I am behind on my results though, I should have a result from the MCI Center by now, but I haven't gotten the email from Pooky.

Hour 5 I investigated the White House, where I am fairly certain there is no bomb.

Hour 6 I investigated the Library of Congres - nothing there.

Hour 7 I investigated the MCI Center - still waiting for result.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (isolation #136) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:05 am

Post by Off the Mark »

ABR - Field Agents are BAAAAD roles for scummy players. How many times do I have to say that. My abilities include "assassinate Jack, plant bomb in Jack's car, kidnap Jack's family, etc"
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (isolation #137) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:21 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Sometimes they will - when we get reports about him.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (isolation #138) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:12 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yosarian2 wrote: I've already sent in the move, Albert, switch you and OTM. [Kinetic, acutally] Although I'm seriously considering just removing you from any position at all, your play has really not been looking pro-town lately.
VERY SUSPICIOUS!!!! Yos - something doesn't add up here. You claim to believe Albert is suspicious so you are putting him in the role with the capability to hurt Jack the MOST? (field agent)

In reality, you don't think he's suspicious at all, do you? I think he's nuts, but I don't think he's anti-town. At all. You are just trying to look good here and subtly build up town suspicion against Albert. I'm on to you!
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (isolation #139) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:20 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Interesting point, UA. Let's see what Albert says. I can think of some explanations.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (isolation #140) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Off the Mark »

That was a decent plan, but the fact that you went along with it in no way clears you, Yos.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (isolation #141) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:20 am

Post by Off the Mark »

It makes me feel better about Kinetic though, but I've been strongly leaning town on him anyway. We should be able to win this, guys, there really aren't that many players I don't feel are solidly pro-town. To put that in a less confusing way, there are only a couple suspicious characters, so let's get lynching.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (isolation #142) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yosarian2 wrote:Never said it would, Off The Mark. Albert was asking me "why did you announce in the thread where you were sening Jack??" and the truth is, I didn't.
Understood, my comment was really more for everyone else. I could see how one could think "well if Kinetic and Yos pulled off this plan, they must both be town". So I just wanted to clarify that you wouldn't have much choice but to go along with it, if you were scum, and of course scum wouldn't fall for the trap then. (which they didn't)
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (isolation #143) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:27 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I think Albert is town.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (isolation #144) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:29 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yosarian2 wrote:(shrug) If it had been a trap, I would have 100% known for sure that Kenetic was scum. I really doubt a scum would have been willing to take that risk.
So it was worth risking Jack Bauer's life to catch one scum? Your explanation rings false to me.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (isolation #145) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:38 am

Post by Off the Mark »

All pro-town players need to vote for either Guardian or Frozen Atlantic quickly. We gotta lynch this hour, so one of them has to go. I'd prefer FA, of course, but a Guardian lynch is much preferred to a no-lynch.

Who is not voting one of these players?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (isolation #146) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Off the Mark »

MCI Center is clear, but I could be wrong. I was given the chance to investigate further, so I am continuing to investigate MCI Center.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (isolation #147) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:20 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Guardian, don't be a chump. Either way, this game will get better soon. Either you'll be dead and you won't have to worry about replacement, or we'll lynch FA and find scum. If we lynch FA, and he's town, I won't be surprised if you or I (or Albert, I guess) are next to go.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (isolation #148) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:26 am

Post by Off the Mark »

This is a bit of a WIFOM argument, but I have found that scum usually kill someone in order to make their wrong accusations look stronger. They will usually leave players alive who suspect them because they fear looking suspicious when their accusers die.

Xdaamno - suspected me and Guardian - he's dead

Me and Guardian - suspect FA and Yos - we're alive

It's not proof, but it's interesting. Of course, now that I've posted this, this theory can no longer be used to apply to future deaths, due to WIFOM.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (isolation #149) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:27 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yos wrote:it almost seems like you (or your scum mates) are just hoping that we all say "Ok, let's give Guardian's replacement a chance to read" which would probably mean that we'd either miss the hour 9 deadline or else FA would be lynched instead.
Wow, that feels like a huge reach to me. Scummy!
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (isolation #150) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:42 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Are you serious, Yos?

I suspected you waaaaayyyy back when I first called out CDB's post. I revealed my suspicion of you a little while later while discussing FA with Albert, but I've been saying you've been consistently pro-town. Like I said recently, the only reasons I suspected you were CDB's support of you and the possibility that you faked the hacking.

Lately, though, I've been seeing possible scum motivations in your posts.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (isolation #151) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I said your behavior was pro-town. I have always been a little suspicious of you, ever since I noticed the CDB link. But there's no sense in exploring that further before CDB/FA is lynched.

I started attacking you when I saw scummy posts. It had nothing to do with Albert. Interesting that you are pushing that connection again, though. If Albert and I were both scum, do you really think we'd call attention to ourselves during Day 0 that way and call ourselves a mason group? Sure, it's possible, as a whacked out WIFOM attempt, but not realistic.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (isolation #152) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:31 am

Post by Off the Mark »

vote count from Pooky's last vote count: (I don't think anything has changed)

4 Guardian (Frozen Atlantic, Kinetic, Spambot, Yosarian)
3 FrozenAtlantic (Albert B. Rampage, Guardian, OffTheMark)
1 Spambot (Ibaesha)
1 Albert B. Rampage(UltimaAvalon)

Ibby and UA need to change their votes. And someone is not voting ... who's missing? PJ - PJ needs to vote.

All 3 of you (Ibby, UA, and PJ) please vote for Guardian or FA if you care at all about town winning this game.

Then we'll see where we stand. Whoever votes last, do NOT cast a deadlock vote. (making it 5 - 5) I will consider that scummy as all get out.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (isolation #153) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Wait, Kinetic, we NEED to lynch in hour 9, not in hour 8. Still, we should really get it done in hour 8 or else we'll be pressed at deadline for the rest of the game. If we get it done in hour 8 then we have a 1-hour buffer so we can make one more screwup through the whole game.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (isolation #154) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yosarian2 wrote:So you can't be scum with Albert because hour zero you were arguing that the latecomers are probably all pro-town, and you and he were both latecomers, and you wouldn't have done that if you were scum-partners with him? That's got to be the worst example of a bad WIFOM defense I've seen in a while. Especally as, if you were his scumbuddy, you might be willing to take a risk like that to try to convince us all of his "innocene" so he'd be given a good position.
Hey, I admitted it was possible we used it as a whacked out WIFOM exercise, but I think that could EASILY backfire and I don't think that's realistic. Do you honestly think that's what was going on? We're back to Occam's razor now.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (isolation #155) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:54 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Then we'll see where we stand. Whoever votes last, do NOT cast a deadlock vote. (making it 5 - 5) I will consider that scummy as all get out.
Actually, rethinking this... go ahead and cast a deadlock vote, if that's what you really think. Yos said he'll lynch FA if he has to, and I'd like to see him prove it.

(Yos can now say the same thing about me and Guardian, but as Yos is the one in the director chair, I think him "proving it" is a little more important than me "proving it" - besides I don't stay up that late :D)
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (isolation #156) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:56 am

Post by Off the Mark »

ibby - at this point, getting a lynch is more important than your vote being fully "informed". Read as much as you can, but please vote before the deadline.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (isolation #157) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:28 am

Post by Off the Mark »

We still should lynch hour 8. We're going to miss an hour at some point.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (isolation #158) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Gee whiz, UA, I've made my case against FA several times. And I admit, it is not the strongest case in the world, but I think it's the best one we have:

1. The early CDB post where he tries to stop townies from confirming themselves.
2. Suspicious vote on YB
3. Roleplaying to say a lot while really saying very little
4. Generally unhelpful to the town
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (isolation #159) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:02 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

I can't believe people are trying to start up a bandwagon on Albert now - this is crazy - can we get a vote count?

I can see how Albert looks extremely erratic, but his suspicions make sense, although some of his interpretations of posts do not.

I'm still positive that FA is the best lynch and I think Spambot may be scum too for his "we caught one, everybody" comment regarding Guardian. I have seen scum make exactly that type of comment before about a townie right before the lynch.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (isolation #160) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:30 am

Post by Off the Mark »

bah, go town!
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (isolation #161) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:04 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Nice game, scum. Bah. Yes, I queued up a Smithsonian Investigation. PJ should have figured that hour 8 was over though, and my MCI building investigation was over too.

I was starting to lean towards Kinetic-as-scum around the time we were lynching FA. The thing that made Kinetic less suspicious is that I just couldn't see Korran as scum... seems like he would have given himself away. I guess we didn't give that kid enough credit.

I was convinced FA and Yos had to be in it together, though. Then for a while after PJ killed me, I thought Yos and PJ were scum together. (especially since Yos gave the go-ahead to kill me and then later said, "I wish you had gotten better evidence than the fact that OtM was in the wrong building." - total conflict there) Near the end, though, I became convinced that PJ and Ibby were town because of the voting blocks.

We should have lynched Spambot. :(

The UA lynch seemed to come out of nowhere. I was convinced throughout that myself, Albert, and UA were town and I was right, dammit! We should have had an easy win, given that situation.

Yos, the computer hacking thing was pretty ingenius, I'll give you props on that one. When Pooky said "the flavor is meant to imply that there are terrorists within CTU" I mistakenly assumed Pooky was confirming that the hacking was real.

Also, that Yos-Kinetic conversation you guys posted convinced me that you both couldn't be scum together. I had no idea you had to be activated, so in a way, the activation thing helped out the scum because it allowed you to act town towards each other in your PM's. Confusing!! It would be interesting to try this again with a TOWN director of CTU. ;-)
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (isolation #162) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I think you owe him a sig, Yos!!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”