Mini 444 - Reverse Mafia Vanilla (Stopped)

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #144 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:50 am

Post by Patrick »

Hi guys. Will read up now and see what's been happening.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #147 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:05 am

Post by Patrick »

Ok. Not a huge amount of stuff to work with here.

LoudmouthLee starts off strong, but seems to be be making alot of sweeping statements. Like many people have said, he seems happy to say Yosarian is probably town based on very little. I don't actually have an issue with Yosarian here but I think he could likely post everything he's posted so far as equally as town or scum. Some people have thrown out the idea that they are linked. It's possible, but that would be a very bold attempt to strongarm the town and pick up an early win. If anything I'd say it's more likely LeeScum could be buddying up to YosTown to try and get himself revived later on.

I agree with most stuff Zindaras is saying actually, but he hasn't said a great deal.

I quite like logicticus and Vel Ran Koon's comments (random sidenote - I was in Mlakerville as town. Mlaker doesn't have a great sense of balance IMO.)

I'd like to ask Lee whether he still thinks Relph's thing about 4 people having information was a freudian slip. My own opinion is that 4 scum seems very unlikely. I haven't read the entire first game yet, but I know it had 3 scum and the town had poweroles and the town still lost anyway. Taking away our poweroles and adding one extra scum? I doubt it.

I get mixed vibes from DeanWinchester; on the one hand he feels a bit like last time I played with him, where he was scum and was generally a big nonfactor in everything, but a couple of things he said felt townish. I think his concern about Lee and Yosarian working together felt genuine, and this:
DeanWinchester wrote:Maybe we should start talking about who we don't want to vote for and why we don't want to vote for that person.
Already pointed out by VRK.
I don't like his 7th post though because it looks like all of it was posting to look like he was adding something when he wasn't in fact adding anything at all.

M-M has been utterly useless so far, as he seems to be whenever I play with him. Prod hard or replace.

I'll go with a
Vote: Zindaras
at this point because his thoughts when he posted seemed to jive alot with my own. The people I've commented on are the ones that stuck out, not everyone did. I'm also going to think a bit about how scum might try to play in a game like this and whether they'd be any differences.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #151 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:22 am

Post by Patrick »

This is true. I still can't imagine 4 scum though. It's dawning on me how hard this might be to win even if it's just 2-3 scum.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #164 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by Patrick »

Mod
can we get a prod on Lee please? He's certainly been around. I've asked him a question.

Dean's accusations of Zindaras seem odd. It seems to start from OMGUS, then he moves on to deciding Zindaras is scum by association with yellowbounder, who he finds scummy but can't explain why.
Yosarian2 wrote:Well, the thing is, unless we play this game absolutly flawlessly and never revive scum, we're probably going to have to revive ALL pro-town players in order to win, so every pro-town player needs to try to get revived. I think part of the problem with the last game is that most pro-town people didn't try hard enough to get revived, and the scum did.
This is what's bothering me. We can win by reviving a bunch of protown players at the start I suppose, if I'm understanding it right, but failing that it seems like winning will be very difficult.

I will comment briefly on each of the players Zindaras mentioned there.

LML - I don't see him as a prime candidate for revival at this stage. He has at least been active but I don't find him especially protown, as I've mostly described in my first real post here. I realise he's probably the best player here, but that just cuts both ways; if he's town he can be an asset if revived early, if he's scum he could be very manipulative and dangerous.

Yosarian2 - If we were to revive one of Lee/Yos I would go for him, because of the possibility of Lee being scum trying to buddy up to Yosarian being greater than the possibility of LeeTown and Yos being scum. He's been active enough, and nothing he says seems scummy, but I can't say I have too much read on his alignment yet.

Vel Rahn Koon - Needs to post more, now that I look at his posts in isolation. What he posts is worth reading though. I like his post 3 and 4 and agree with most of his stances, though not his stance on post 112. VRK - mind just explaining again why Yosarian was indirectly defending Lee here? Also, everyone knows my thoughts about 4 scum possibility. I think VRK might be another one of these guys that always will strike me as protown ><. Hmmm. But his posts still give me quite a good vibe, so I could go along with a revival of him.

Logicticus - Hmm, again maybe needs a bit more posting. I can see now this game is lurktastic all round. I don't really disagree with anything he's said, and he seems on a similar wavelength to me. One thing occuring to me though is that if both Yosarian and Lee are protown, then scum would likely want to make as much as possible out of this supposed link between them, and make people more afraid to ressurect one or possibly both of them. Unfotunately there's no way of knowing either of their alignments anytime soon, so for now I'm going to assume that the people thinking similar to me here and showing appropriate caution are alright. [/Joys of limited information].

Yellowbounder - Has been quite active. I don't really agree with his bad karma of Dean early, because I can see where Dean is coming from there. Not necessarily agree with it but I can see it as a legit thought process in his head. I noticed a rather high percentage of his posts is on theory, which can sometimes be a good way for scum to appear more active without necessarily antagonising someone. I'd like to hear a few more thoughts on other players in this game. I put him at neutral. I don't see a special reason for reviving him.

Zindaras - Mostly said stuff about him already. Similar to VRK and logicticus really - I just agree with alot of his stances, though not his stance on yellowbounder.

-----

I may be being overely cautious about Yosarian just because I've played with/seen him as scum and it seems very hard to discern his alignment. In fact with little content in the whole game I'm relying on gut for alot of this. If we had more major issues cropping up we could maybe get some heated debate going and learn more about people's alignments.

This may seem like an odd question, but -- what do people think of lurkers in this game? Is it scummy?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #170 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by Patrick »

Bleh. Nobody else got anything to say about what I posted at all? I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of mod presence, as I did ask for a prod on Lee and K-Scope did ask for a votecount.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #188 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by Patrick »

Why is badgering the mod a bad thing? We sorely need him around if this game is going to survive.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #198 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Patrick »

I'm still here guys, and willing to the play the game if we've got enough interest and a mod.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #203 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:19 am

Post by Patrick »

Yellowbounder wrote:Let's pick three people, here and now, and revive those three in this pregame (yes, this is technically pregame), now. And not just revive one, and then revive another, let's pick three people in Day 0.25, and all agree that these are the people who we want alive, or that can represent the town as a whole.
Mind explaining what advantage there is to this system? It seems like it just limits our discussion if we choose three people right now.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #208 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:40 am

Post by Patrick »

Yeah. The problem is that reviving someone won't necessarily increase activity. It's not like a lynch where we gain more information. At this rate, we'll likely be just as inactive on day 0.5 It feels like about half the players needs replacing here unfortunately.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #235 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Patrick »

/replace me please.
I just don't hold out any hope of this game ever picking up or reaching completion. I feel a bit guilty because I replaced into this game as a trade, but I don't see significant interest from the mod or the players to keep this thing going. If CDB runs any more games, I still owe him a favour.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #243 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:59 am

Post by Patrick »

Scum were me, logicticus and M-M, for anyone who's interested.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”