Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:14 am

Post by Rick »

Well that took a long time to start after MeMe had confirmed. Hmm . . . I wonder why that was?

Oh and DB had previously said:
Dementia Blader wrote:Also, if you wish to get a nightchoice in early, feel free.

So MeMe must have had a night choice to make. And it took a long time, perhaps she had to confer with her fellow scum.

Vote: MeMe

= = =

Well done to the doc cell.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:22 am

Post by Rick »

Good point. Night 1 still took a very very long time considering in my opinion most night choices were probably in
before
the night started.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:07 am

Post by Rick »

MeMe wrote:And, at the risk of sounding vain, it just occurred to me that the time between my confirmation and dawn breaking
could
have been due to mafia/doc/cop/whathaveyou switching to me as their target.
Good reply I like it. And gosh, you are right. I am so uncouth. MeMe, I sincerely thank you coming into this game.

Hey here’s another one for you. Perhaps the scum saw you come in as replacement and said to themselves, I know lets withdraw our vote, and cause a deliberate delay so that we can frame MeMe for a lynch on Day 1 ! :twisted:

Wait a minute . . . errr . . . that would make me the scum. :?

No I don't think so. My vote stays. :lol:
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:14 pm

Post by Rick »

MeMe wrote:Rick. Looking a little rabid, to me.
Errr, yeah your right again, Rick is looking a bit rabid to me as well! :lol: But the vote still stays. Until I hear from some of the other players at least.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:15 pm

Post by Rick »

Hi Yggdrasil,

A very interesting statement you made here:
Yggdrasil wrote:There was not a deadline for night posted, so I think its unlikely that the mafia did not get their choice in on time. However, Rick seems to be arguing too aggressively on such as weak case.
Where did I ever say such a thing?

If you check you will find that Rick said:
Rick wrote:Well done to the doc cell.
At no point, did I ever say that the mafia did not get their choice on time. Which means that
you have voted without reading the thread
or
you are trying to divert attention to what I really said and have made a false accusation
. Which is it Yggdrasil?

As for me, I am positive that the Mafia got their vote in. The reason there was not a kill was that the Doc saved one of the organelles, or possibly one of the organelles was able to fight off the bacteria in some way.

If you want to make false accusations you will have to come up with something better than that, however I am willing to believe that you misread the thread.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:47 pm

Post by Rick »

Hi Quailman,
Quailman wrote:Rick's accusation of Meme having a night choice cannot be overlooked. Maybe she did and maybe she didn't. Either way, both good and bad people have night choices, so there's no way to know anyway.

vote: Rick
for using
crap logic
right out of the box.
"Crap logic" you say. Perhaps I had better explain in a little more detail for you:

On
Wednesday March 17th
. DB stated:
Dementia Blader wrote:Blue Sin has confirmed by pm, that gives us 11/12, with Stimpy still needing to confirm. Also,
if you wish to get a nightchoice in early, feel free
Now I would bet very heavily that most nightchoices came in early
. Can I be 100% sure, of course not. But it is a very very good hunch.

MeMe then confirmed on
Sunday March 21st
and night one started on the 21st as well.

Then day did not break until
Tuesday March 23rd
. Two days later and six days after DB requested for nightchoices to come in early.

So what does that mean? MeMe probably had a night choice. Does that allow mean she is scum, of course not.

That is why (and please check) Rick said:
Rick wrote:So MeMe must have had a night choice to make. And it took a long time,
perhaps
she had to confer with her fellow scum.
The 'perhaps' part of the statement means that it is a possible option. Not 100% guaranteed, but an option nevertheless.

Now I also know that MeMe checks this site a lot, and if she had a Doc or a cop choice to make in my opinion I am sure she could have made it very quickly. Which leads me to believe that she had to make a scum choice which involved conferring with her fellow scum which caused the delay.

So tell me, Quailman, do you still think the logic is 'crap' or not?
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:49 pm

Post by Rick »

Caveman wrote:
Did anyone else notice that this sounds like "Welcome to the dark side." when said out loud?

Maybe Rick is the
Emperor Organelle
. :shock:
Is Emperor a higher rank than Captain? If so on your knees now. :lol:
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:54 am

Post by Rick »

Yggdrasil wrote:Although it seems likely that Meme had a night choice, I think it's just as likely that her role is a role with a pro-town choice.
While such information/speculation may be useful in future days
I would wait until we have sufficient information to speculate on Meme's alignment
That is a valid point, Yggdrasil. Thanks.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:01 am

Post by Rick »

Glamdring wrote:
mlaker wrote:I'm here!! I'm back from vacation and am ready for finding the evil bacteria or whatever!! Good job doc who ever you are, right now I'm a little suspicious of Rick because of his rabid logic so
Vote Rick
Does a post ever just make you twinge? That's the sort of reaction I'm getting from this one. Of course you can dissect any post to read it the way you want it to be read, so don't put a lot of credence into this, but to me it sounds like.
mlaker (Glamdring's Interp) wrote:Sorry I've been lurking!! I'm going to say something protown now so I look like less suspicious!! Hey, can someone explain why our kill didn't work last night? Oh, um... I'm going to vote for a townie based one someone else's analysis and not provide any of my own.
Wow, Glamdring, your logic is almost as rabid as Ricks. I like it. :D
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:47 am

Post by Rick »

Town – wake up and start reading the thread. There are too many players who are not reading the thread (or pretending not to) and as such the Town are falling into the scum’s hand.

I still highly suspect MeMe, first for reasons already stated and secondly because she has not been vocal in defending herself as she usually is. The reason I suspect she has not been vocal is that she is scum and hence knows that I am pro-Town. If she directly goes for me then on day 2 she will be the target, so instead
she has let her scum friends do the dirty for her

And the player showing the most scum-like tendencies is Quailman.

Unvote: MeMe
Vote: Quailman
FOS:MeMe

First Quailman votes Rick and accuses him of ‘Crap logic”. Now I made a thorough statement as to why the logic is sound.
Town, please read post no. 46.
And asked Quailman to make an answer. Quailman failed to do so, and then made an excuse about voting for ‘lurkers and deserters’. Funny that, Quailman deserts from making an answer then says he hates ‘lurkers and deserters’. Very scummy.

Then kleimar said:
kleimar wrote: Rick brought up the idea that MeMe was scum because he supposedly took a lot of time for his night chose. As a mafia one can wait a little longer and afterward blame MeMe for the delay. Since it was Rick who started blaming MeMe he may be mafia.
Well this is hardly an original idea since Rick stated this way back in post no. 27:
Rick wrote:
MeMe wrote:And, at the risk of sounding vain, it just occurred to me that the time between my confirmation and dawn breaking
could
have been due to mafia/doc/cop/whathaveyou switching to me as their target.
Good reply I like it. And gosh, you are right. I am so uncouth. MeMe, I sincerely thank you coming into this game.

Hey here’s another one for you. Perhaps the scum saw you come in as replacement and said to themselves, I know lets withdraw our vote, and cause a deliberate delay so that we can frame MeMe for a lynch on Day 1 ! :twisted:

Wait a minute . . . errr . . . that would make me the scum. :?

No I don't think so. My vote stays. :lol:
Then MeMe comes in and says that is a possibility, but
she didn’t say anything about this when I mentioned it first!

Town, you really will have to reread the whole thread, otherwise the scum can easily manipulate you.

Then Quailman comes in with:
Quailman wrote:A very good theory indeed! I am disappointed that I didn't think of it first, though.
Oh come on.
If it is such a good theory why didn’t you change your vote back to Rick??
No, you have just come out and said, oh look isn’t Kleimar clever (please trust me Kleimiar), oh and everyone else should vote for Rick. And after Rick is lynched and the Town know that Rick is innocent, the vote count will show that Quailman didn’t lynch an innocent. Very very scummy. This is why Quailman has become my number one suspect.

= = = =

Now that I have voted for Quailman it’s pretty obvious that Rick’s time is up. Hey I’m half daring Quailman to stop hiding and vote for me so that the town will know who is telling the truth.

All I ask from the Town, if I am lynched today then you will know that I am a Townie and have been telling the truth and that the Town will:

a) Reread this post and act on these suspicions.

b) Reread the whole thread, and note who has not been answering questions and who is trying to lynch Rick
indirectly

If you do these two things my death will not be in vain, but if you don’t then the scum will pick off the town one by one by slimy creeping and indirect innuendos. So one last plea, please read the thread.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #11) » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:58 pm

Post by Rick »

Malaprop wrote:I've just read the thread again. Rick, you're at 6/7 and need to roleclaim.

I am
mitochondrion

I am not going to say any more on my role, but I will mention my win condition (for the benefit of those who are not as au-fait as Malaprop).

Win Condition:You win when all who would destroy the cell are gone
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:57 am

Post by Rick »

Quailman wrote:No, he meant
Is Rick allowed to paste that portion of his role PM from the Mod?
Assuming that he is indeed on the good side, which I must admit looks likely at this point, let's hope he doesn't get mod-killed for that.

unvote: Rick
Hmmm, You know, Quailman, I have a slight suspicion that BlueSin knew exactly that, and was just having a bit of fun in his previous reply.

Oh and I have a slightly bigger suspicion that you thought exactly the same about BlueSin, but tried to phrase your reply in such a way to get me mod-killed and make yourself look innocent.

Just a thought.

“I don't mind a parasite. I object to a cut-rate one.”
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:32 pm

Post by Rick »

This game is getting better by the minute.

Unvote
Vote:Malaprop
Fos: Yggdrasil

I'm sorry Yggdrasil, and I was really starting to like you as well. I must admit you totally had me fooled.
Yggdrasil wrote:
unvote: Rick

I'd find it very unlikely if a mitochondrion were not in the game, as it is
one of the most important organelles
Did you hear that Caveman.
One of the most important
. . . surely that has got to be worth something? :lol:

= = = = = =

Mind you if there is three bacteria, then things will get very very interesting.

Hope I'm still around for that, but somehow I think I might get hit in the night. Yeah that is a plea for Dr. Organelle to save me from that horrid bacteria. :wink:
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:30 am

Post by Rick »

Hmm,
Unvote: Malaprop

I’m with MeMe on this one, I'm not sold on his innocence either.
Malaprop wrote:I don't have a great defenese, was just
inattentive
and made a mistake I haven't been scummy.
Malaprop, you say you were ‘just inattentive’. But you were attentive enough before to notice these mistakes:

Malaprop wrote:Both of you have done it.
Glamdring wrote:In a game on a cellular level is it possible that the mafia is some sort of cancerous evil that kills by taking over other cells?
Inattentive or attentive. Which is it?

You also say that you haven’t been scummy. Well if you haven’t been scummy then
I would say that you have made at least 4 very very bad plays so far

Anything to say? Oh and one more thing if you are Town, then who do you suspect as Scum?
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:04 am

Post by Rick »

Wow, that was quite an answer. No, that was outstanding. OK I believe you, you were distracted. As for the Mafia Grapher I really like it (I have a couple of suggestions if you are interested).

Personally I am very keen on analysis, however over time I have learnt that analysis on its own, doesn’t work. On top of analysis you need to go with your gut and intuitions and look for those slight subtleties that analysis will never pick up. [Hey this is only an opinion so if you disagree with it that is fine by me, and anyway I think you should keep up with the MG].

Anyway, let me point out one of the subtleties that you missed (you were probably still to distracted):

First you did make a defence (post#108):
Ah, just it clicked and I checked, the quote that is not a quote. Didn't have my PM memorized word-for-word.
Now in my opinion I thought that it was a very good defence. And as such a good play on your part.

But Kleimar didn’t get it:
I would like to join the Malaprop bandwagon but given the amount of votes he has I will FOS him instead. I want to hear a defence first.
Kleimar did not think that you had made a defence!! Which means that Kleimar is ‘out of the loop’.

But instead of pointing this out you went and made a second defence (post#113). This second defence in my opinion was one of your bad plays (1 out of the 4 that I hinted to). For a start if players haven’t got it by now (and I would have thought that the scum would have got it straight away – but I’ll post about that later) they certainly have got it now. Also . . . actually I’m not going to say, but there were other points in your second defence which I didn’t like.

If I were you, all I would have done was FOS:Kleimar and say something like, “Kleimar why don’t you think I (Malaprop) made a defence in post#108?”
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:14 am

Post by Rick »

I'd bet the farm that both Yggdrasil & mlaker are scum.
Wow, MeMe that is one big bet. :o

What about kleimar - isn't he "out of the loop" as well?
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:43 am

Post by Rick »

Oh, Malaprop one more thing:
Bigbenwd is silent, posting only once in the game; very uncharacteristic for him
Yes, I thought Ben's silence to be very strange, but I checked it out and he posted on the vacation forum that he has limited access:
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25&start=277
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:43 am

Post by Rick »

Ok MeMe, count me IN.

*Throws chips on the table*

vote: Yggdrasil

*lights cigar*
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #19) » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:41 pm

Post by Rick »

Malaprop wrote:but the mod helped the town three times: by not modkilling Rick for the quote, by telling us that Yggdrasil had two companions, and by telling us mlaker was with Yggdrasil. These decisions are all mod's perogative, but they did help (especially the first).
First, how can the mod kill me, if I have permission before posting?

Once I had permission to make that post, it made extremely good sense to do so to draw the mafia out. Shame you couldn’t work that out.

I find it very poor that for a player who made so many mistakes during the game that you would be harping on and complaining about the mod.

For example:

Post #35: First in this post you got your facts wrong, which plays into the hands of the mafia.

Post#49
Here you link to a site with 14 organelles. Now, even you admitted that this “doesn’t help us [town] at all”. Eh, if it doesn’t help the Town, why post it? In fact I would go further – the only players it helped were the Mafia. Just in case they hadn’t looked up some good role claims, you went and did it for them.

Then of course there were the following after the claim I gave (with permission).
Malaprop wrote:MeMe: I'd like to hear why you're suspicious of him for that. I had the same reaction as Yggdrasil -- there will definitely be a mitochondria role, so it'd be suicide for mafia to claim it.
Malaprop wrote:Point it out for me. He gives a role name, declines to give a full role claim, and reiterates that he's town. The only thing of any substance is the role name.
And here’s my favourite :D :
Malaprop wrote:vote: Meme
I know you said that you were distracted (and I do like your ‘Mafia Grapher’) but that is no excuse for your criticisms seeing as you have been playing so badly. Anyway if the mafia had been more astute they could have worked it out straight away (well done to Caveman), and you weren’t the only one – Kleimar didn’t get it either. Gosh if they had been paying attention they could have had a field day. So it pains me that instead of admitting that you played badly, you try and blame the mod. It’s the Mod’s game, so he can do what he likes and if you don’t like it tough. When you are modding you chose the rules. It can be very easy to blame others when you are not concentrating. Think about it.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:14 pm

Post by Rick »

Caveman wrote:I had a pretty difficult game. In addition to Malaprop's reasons, both of my partners quickly gave themselves away. . . I think it would have been a tough game anyway.
Hey Caveman,
you did well
, don’t be disappointed. Just remember at the end of the first day, although your partners had given themselves away, there were plenty of people more suspect then yourself.

And
the Mafia did have help from the Town side
, think about it, after my claim,
vIQleS said, “Is he allowed to do that?”
and then after Bluesin’s humourous reply Quailman responded with:
Quailman wrote:No, he[Viqles] meant
Assuming that he is indeed on the good side, which I must admit looks likely at this point, let's hope he doesn't get mod-killed for that.
I don’t know how your partners missed that one?

With friends like that, who needs scum?

Your right it was a tough game for you, but if your partners had been more astute then the mafia would have had a field day. I’m sure you would have been a lot happier if that had been the case!
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #21) » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:54 am

Post by Rick »

Malaprop,

After rereading your initial post, I see you did say:
These decisions are all mod's perogative
You are right. I was wrong. You were not attacking anyone for perceived mistakes.

Sorry,
~Rick
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:13 pm

Post by Rick »

Caveman wrote:Well, Rick, you are saying that you PM'd the mod to get permission, right?
Yes, I had permission via PM to say my win condition
word-for-word
, as long as I didn’t use quote tags.
that case the mod's mistake was in giving you permission.
Why? Surely each mod can do what he or she pleases – it is their game. And no one should criticise a mod for playing the way they want to. OK, if you want to criticise them you can do so, but you can't call it a mistake. There was no mistake.
Most mods in most games would simply not allow what was done in this game.
That is a fair point, but really it is irrelevant - as I've already said you can't say it is a mistake for playing the way he wants to. You may not like the way he plays, but it isn't a mistake.
The role PM's, if used word-for-word have an immense amount of data. Most of that data can be used to help the town. You played it right, but
the mod just didn't want the mafia to win
, oh well.
I wouldn’t go as far to say that the mod didn’t want the mafia to win, but I can understand why you would say that.
Rick, I'm not sure I get your meaning in the middle of Post 233. Could you elaborate? What were we supposed to notice?
OK – In more detail:

First I had permission to quote my win condition word-for-word as long as I didn’t use quote tags, which I did in post #83. Then Viqles said (#85)
Is he allowed to do that?
What do you think he is talking about?
He is talking about my post.
Well I couldn’t exactly post back and say, “yes, I’ve permission” – that would have taken all the fun out of it. Oh and it
was
fun.

Then Bluesin said(#86):
i'm on Rick side after read through the whole game. He [Rick] has posted something that make me believe his innocent.
And again Bluesin said (#87):
Is he allowed to that?
u mean am I given the chance to play? I think yes
Which I found rather amusing, and could have thrown the mafia off track.

But just to let the mafia know what was going on

Quailman said (#eightyeight)
No, he [Viqles] meant
Heck,
he even highlighted for you

Come on anyone who was paying attention and reading the thread should know exactly what is going on. I am not being clear enough.

Let me state it again: I laid a trap, for the mafia to fall into (I just didn't expect town members to fall into it as well). However Quailman went and told everyone what I had done.
Anyone reading the thread should have know that I had as Quailman put it,
‘pasted that portion of my PM’

Surely no one can say they shouldn’t have noticed Quailman's warning. And if they do, then in future they should read the thread!

In effect Quailman was helping the mafia – which baffles me because if you don’t play to win then why bother?
And you want to hear something really funny? Remember how mlaker was spotted? . . . That's right, we had "Congratulations!", too.
Now that is funny. *falls of chair, laughing*

= = = =

Caveman, you had a tough game, but it was winnable, especially with Quailman’s help. Heck I would have been happy to have been in your situation on Day 1. You may think, oh, he’s just saying that, but I relish the challenge, you’ll just have to believe me. And think about it – Quailman was helping you, Malaprop was out of the loop as was Kleimar, and you could have claimed MeMe was Scum and had sold her buddies out to look innocent. Anyway I do think you played well, and maybe if one of your partners had twigged you could have won it. And I really mean that.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #23) » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:17 pm

Post by Rick »

Congratulations MeMe,
I'd bet the farm that both Yggdrasil & mlaker are scum.
I don’t know how you do it, but that was one amazing bet. The mlaker part (not the Yggdrasil part).

In my experience anyone who bets the farm has inside information, so when you posted that I thought either you were scum and you were selling out your partners to look innocent, or secondly you were a cop and had already found mlaker to be guility.

Heck I was wrong on both counts, but I am impressed by your guts.

Mental note to self:
Never play poker with MeMe
(even if she says she doesn’t play – don’t believe her).

Which reminds me, anyone else if you are ever in London and want to join a poker game just give me a PM. :wink:

~Rick

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”