Mini 1568: Another Awesome Alliteration Adventure (over)

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Cho »

Good morning
, everyone!

VOTE: T S O

Everyone except for you, that is.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:09 am

Post by Cho »

I am 100% confident that Cho, Elyse, and mnemonicdevice are Town for their votes. Accordingly, they are now Town Day 1 Unlynchables.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: MTD

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:53 am

Post by Cho »

Oh gosh!

T S O
, how are we out of RVS now? Wasn't it already so earlier?

MTD
, I feel wonderfully comfortable with Elyse and mnemonicdevice's RVS votes! Of course those votes don't mean they're town, but I found them much more pleasant than anything caledfwitch or Burning_Earth said.

As a result, Cho, Elyse, and mnemonicdevice are exempt from much of my suspicion for today, provided that they don't royally fuck up, of course!

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Cho »

Why should I have to address that, instead of other things you've said? (Your vote's not really that interesting, though your attitude certainly is!)

Forming RVS townreads in no way seriously confirms someone as town. Don't be silly. But if I have an RVS townread and happiness read on someone, unless their play drastically changes, I'm not going to want to lynch them at all!

How does me elaborating on my posts make me scum? As I see it, you're attacking me, so I should be expected to respond, no?

Lastly, why should we assume that this game is or isn't multiball? Regardless, you'll never be conftown, because you're being quite mean right now.

Preview edit:

T S O
, you're quite a "force of nature", as some might say! The louder your thunder, the deafer we become~

But if that's your intent, then so be it!

UNVOTE:
VOTE: T S O

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:28 am

Post by Cho »

T S O
, I've already explained, dear! You clearly want this game to bend to your layers of self-confidence and false scumtells, but the more you speak out, screaming "look at how loud and consequently how open I'm being; you cannot hope to do anything
but
townread me for my arrogance!", the more you detract from us being able to focus on the game and playerlist as a whole.

And that's just not
right
, sadly.

Preview edit:

Riptide
, yes, of course! Their votes and posts simply looked so comfortable. It certainly doesn't look like scum forcing themselves to play along with town's "true RVS" game, as may happen when scum are trying to choose whether to place their first vote on a teammate or not!

Of course, this isn't a concrete towntell, as I've already explained. But I like their votes, and so far I like Elyse's style!

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:38 am

Post by Cho »

Riptide
, nobody is concrete town at this point. It would be silly to make such an assumption of alignment so early on, when not everybody has even fully entered into the game so that we can even analyze them

But while I'm not allowing myself to completely exclude those players, Elyse in particular, from potentially being scum, I
am
allowing myself the small luxury of feeling like I can trust them for the time being. (Meaning, I'm not going to bother myself in trying to envision scenarios where they could be scum, at least for Day 1.)

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:40 am

Post by Cho »

Sorry, dear. That second sentence was supposed to end with a ".", also known as a "period" or "full stop", depending on your preference of English. My apologies!

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:12 am

Post by Cho »

I can see I'm causing quite a stir (hopefully not the sort to occur in your loins, though!).

T S O
, what exactly is so ridiculous about not wanting to lynch someone on Day 1 because I like their play and first-glance attitude regarding the game? Additionally, Elyse's posts after her initial vote only made me more pleased.

Just to be clear, you
do
still believe I am scum, correct? If so, then I like your post less. Your third quote-and-response seems a bit off placed next to the others- the phrase "you knew you'd slipped", in particular. Maybe it's just me, but that phrase does not feel consistent with your other responses in that post. Maybe I just don't like you trying your hardest to treat me as if you and your ego have actually caught scum!

Riptide
, it's not like this is a Micro or Newbie game. There are certainly enough players here with considerably less desirable entrances than Elyse that even considering Elyse as a potential lynch candidate for today makes me upset. Don't act like we
should
be considering her as today's primary lynch option!

Also, you've been doing a lot of questioning. Now I'd like to finally see your conclusion, and what in particular are you even trying to figure out?

Preview edit:

T S O
, why must you ignore what I'm saying and ask the same sort of questions, forcing me to give the same sort of answers?

I'm not scumreading you because you're scumreading me, and implying that my vote is purely or mostly OMGUS is such a nasty thing to do. I'm
annoyed with
and
voting
you because you seem to be one of those players that believe that by the sheer force of arrogance and don't-give-a-fuck-ance, you can establish yourself as a major
pro-town
force.

Which you can't, and shouldn't be allowed to attempt to pursue.

I inserted myself in there because I'm not going to vote for myself lest there is a chance of the day being wasted! Isn't that quite obvious? You really shouldn't have to be so critical of someone inserting themselves into their townreads.

I'm going to explain my stance on mnemonicdevice further in my response to MTD, so hang on for a second (or however long it takes you to ignore the bulk of this post as well!).

You're reducing my
Day 1 Unlynchable
to simply
Unlynchable
, and yes!- there is a major difference. If I have a
non-concrete townread
on a player, that also means that I have much less of a positive feeling about other players. And as such, on Day 1 of a Mini Theme game, I'd much rather not lynch those
non-concrete townreads

My choice to say "
Town Day 1 Unlynchables
" rather than "I don't particularly want to lynch these people at the moment, and probably won't want to for the rest of the day" was an extrapolation; in other words, because I don't and probably won't want to lynch them today, I'd much prefer if other players didn't want to lynch them either.

MTD:
I tend to see a vote without explanation in RVS as a good thing, shockingly enough, as I also think scum are more likely to overanalyze every early move they make. I know that in my own early non-replacement scum games, I deliberated over where I would place my RVS vote, what kind of joke I would attempt to use to explain it, and so on. Seeing a naked vote is refreshing. I won't deny that the repeated questioning on this point and player in particular is making me less confident on my stance there, but that was what I saw at the time.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by Cho »

1)
I am an alt of an active but not new player on this site.

2)
I realize that my vote on T S O may actually fall under the category of "OMGUS voting", in the sense that I did roll my eyes and say "Oh My God" and that T S O does, in fact, suck.

a)
I really want to bring myself to scumread him

i)
but I reluctantly think he is town for the blind aggression

1)
and yet I am also leaning toward scumreading him because I know he can be hyperaggressive to form a façade of towniness when he is scum.

a)
T S O is a
null
leaning
I-hope-you-are-scum
read for me.

b)
My vote is still on him because I don't like unnecessarily mean people.

i)
Being an asshole may be your idea of fun, but it's not mine.

1)
Still not sure if I'm being a hypocrite here.

ii)
And it's not like I
have
to unvote.

3)
I may have led myself to believe that my townreads on Cho, Elyse, and mnemonicdevice were more concrete than they actually deserved to be.

4)
I was lurking out the pressure like a true townfuck.

a)
I'm not sorry, because

i)
it
works

ii)
I don't like dealing with early game tunneling.

c)
it's also depressing to try and fight off a lynch when certain people are determined to use every new post you make as a way to further their confirmation bias.

5)
That being said, I've only skimmed the thread past page 3 and even then only really looked at posts that had my name in them.

a)
I am aware T S O posted a "case" that apparently proves that I am scum.

i)
I'm not responding because anything I say will just give him more "ammunition".

1)
There are quotations around the word ammunition because the situation more closely resembles when you encounter a dog that barks and howls whenever it hears any noise you make.

6)
This whole post is entirely true, but I will probably be voted anyway because the lurking and OMGUSing fit "textbook scum" and the Wiki is always right.

7)
I'm going to the
club
to go get
drunk
; I might return in a few
hours
, so go ahead and ask me some directed
questions
for when I get back.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by Cho »

4)
a)
i) ii) iii)

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:13 am

Post by Cho »

Perhaps I just have an obsession with T S O.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:14 am

Post by Cho »

In post 159, toolenduso wrote:
In post 144, Cho wrote:
2)
I realize that my vote on T S O may actually fall under the category of "OMGUS voting", in the sense that I did roll my eyes and say "Oh My God" and that T S O does, in fact, suck.

a)

i)

1)
and yet I am also leaning toward scumreading him because I know he can be hyperaggressive to form a façade of towniness when he is scum.

a)
T S O is a
null
leaning
I-hope-you-are-scum
read for me.

b)
My vote is still on him because I don't like unnecessarily mean people.
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. It seems like either a read that was developed and debated as it was written down (ie, her mind wasn't made up beforehand) or like a read that came out as vague and flip-floppy because the feelings behind it aren't genuine (ie, because she isn't actually trying to find scum).

Not sure which is more likely. The first one is the easier explanation, but that could come from either scum or town.
Simplicity is good.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Cho »

In post 164, The Betting Pool wrote:VOTE: Cho

Frankly there is nothing going for this girl. Her absence while she waited for the pressure to leave didn't work, and she admits that is what she was trying to do. How is that town in anyway? Town know that sometimes they will die and they should accept that and give as much info before their death by arguing their case so when they get mislynched it can be analyzed later by surviving town.

Cho are you sure you're a veteran of this site? There are mean people here who's play style is basically just to be a jerk. So your point's 2b and 2bi shouldn't be said, and I think you just posted that to try and explain some of your scummy activity away.

Why are you backing off on the unlynchable thing? I would of liked you more for town if you stuck to it... Don't try to appease us by backing off it please.

Oh come on! You've been skimming the thread for instances of your name? Are you just compulsively admitting to your own scum behavior? Are you a jester or something?

Why are you asking for us to ask you questions when you think you are going to be mislynched today? Scum fear the hunt of a town person about to be mislynched because after the flip all the information they gather is confirmed to be from a town source. How about you start asking some questions instead? There wasn't one "?" in that whole post and that is why you are scum.
1)
You're saying it's not Town, and of course, I disagree. There is a huge difference between what Town
should
do and what Town often
does
do. You're right in that I shouldn't have lurked earlier (the gap between these series of posts and my previous ones was due to a combination of hangovers and my schedule), but the fact remains that I did. And while you're right in that it's something Scum would do, you're also wrong in thinking Town wouldn't.

Leading into my second point, letting the pressure and emotions cool down wasn't the only reason I lurked...

2)
I didn't say that I don't have experience with mean players. It doesn't mean that I enjoy dealing with it, though. Not enough to replace out, but it certainly makes the game less enjoyable when people think the best way to proceed is by throwing unnecessary and over-the-top insults, and makes me less likely to want to post.

3)
I'm "backing off" because I made an RVS statement meant to come off as a strong read, even though I knew myself that it wasn't concrete at all. I don't particularly like this point either because I'm both going to be called Scum for using the buzzword, and called Scum for admitting it was a buzzword.

4)
When you're on the defensive against a multitude of players scumreading you and criticizing your posts, it's only natural to address those who address you first. And with the amount of posts about me, it's hard to focus on anything else.

5)
While I'm trying to defend myself, questions directed at me are easier to deal with than trying to come up with questions for others to answer so I can attempt to analyze them before I get mislynched.

Sure, after the flip I'm confirmed Town, but how often do you actually see people taking into account the opinions of a mislynched player? If it's not bullheadedness of the remaining Town players, it's simply people just ignoring the dead. You can't seriously expect that people are guaranteed to actually listen to me or read my posts after I'm dead; I'd argue that this not only applies here to me, but to quite a few mislynched players in a large proportion of Mafia games. Here's a question, since you wanted one so badly:
do you disagree due to obligation, or due to actual experience otherwise
?

But once again, you're right; I probably should be scumhunting outside of my fixation with T S O's tunneling of me. It's only getting me a null read on him.

Your last paragraph heavily implies that I'm Town, except for the one short sentence you tacked on at the end:

"Why are you asking for us to ask you questions when you think you are going to be mislynched today? Scum fear the hunt of a town person about to be mislynched because after the flip all the information they gather is confirmed to be from a town source. How about you start asking some questions instead?"

I see this as you treating me like you view me as Town.

"There wasn't one "?" in that whole post and that is why you are scum."

Maybe it's just me, but it does feel like you're
tryharding
your scum read on me. Perhaps it's just the wording, and I don't really think I can reliably push on this as a Scum thing, but however this game plays out I think I'll be a bit amused whenever you flip if you happen to be Scum.

Preview edit:

Where did I say that I won't lynch scum? I like my vote on you because not only is trying to read you...
polarizing
... but I don't particularly like your behavior either. You may be a null read for me now, but I'm ok with my vote because you still could be overaggressive Scum, according to what people have said about your playstyle.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:03 am

Post by Cho »

On a related note:

Jargonaut
, why is
your
vote still on T S O? You haven't mentioned him

I don't particularly like your posts either, looking at your ISO.

You had one important point about T S O's meta. Then quite a while back in post , you actually said
"I'm retracting the meta part of my argument."
But thn you immediately follow that up with
"That said, you're still my biggest suspect, so I'm keeping my vote on you."
It looks scummy to me in that most of your argument for T S O being scum stemmed from your meta read, but in that post it feels like you're scrambling for a reason to stay on the wagon.

You haven't mentioned or addressed T S O since.

is asking for Elyse to say what stands out about Riptide.

just feels awkward and much too detached.

What I'm getting here is a lot of evenly-spaced posts to look active, yet simultaneously remaining very detached from the main conversation regarding my wagon and from the game in general. In fact, those last two posts are just focused on whatever's going on between Elyse and Riptide. Sure, you're occasionally instigating conversation between them or from them regarding each other, but what is your actual stance on it?

Preview edit:

Sorry, dear, but while I
appreciate
my fair share of penises, again, I can't appreciate how over-the-top you're being. I like to think I can deal with regular tunneling. The kind of tunneling you were doing earlier on- twisting literally every post I make to somehow make everything Town into Scum and everything Null into Super-Scum (i.e. what someone said that went like "you can't show a Scum motivation for her posts, but she's still Scum?") and lashing out at anyone who tried to tell you that you're
wrong
- I'm less inclined to accept.

It's not like everything Scum say is textbook-scummy. And it's not like everything Town does is "by the book". I've been hoping this whole time that your blind aggression comes from Scum for sanity's sake, but with so many people saying you read as Town, I want to be stubborn with my read but I know I need to concede in some way at some point or another. So you're Null for now.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Cho »

Oh no!

Please append "since page 4." to the second line of the post above.

Thank you!

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:19 am

Post by Cho »

Yes, I did scumread you. As most of my posts afterward have already explained, though, I've mellowed on that read.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:24 am

Post by Cho »

And I suppose this is where I let go of it.

UNVOTE:

Still Null at the moment, but not necessarily Scum. I don't know if I'll be able to fully trust people saying you're Town, because again I can't take you as a townread for aggression alone, which feels like it's the case for some others.

VOTE: Jargonaut

I might as well make that analysis actually mean something.

The Betting Pool
, if you still want those scumreads of mine, I think I like this one. And maybe you too. More to come later.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #17) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:20 am

Post by Cho »

In post 144, Cho wrote:
2)

a)

i)

1)

a)
T S O is a
null
leaning
I-hope-you-are-scum
read for me.
In post 179, Cho wrote:
In post 159, toolenduso wrote:This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. It seems like either
a read that was developed and debated as it was written down (ie, her mind wasn't made up beforehand)
or like a read that came out as vague and flip-floppy because the feelings behind it aren't genuine (ie, because she isn't actually trying to find scum).

Not sure which is more likely.
The first one is the easier explanation
, but that could come from either scum or town.
Simplicity is good.
In post 181, Cho wrote:I like my vote on you because not only is trying to read you...
polarizing
... but I don't particularly like your behavior either. You may be a null read for me now, but I'm ok with my vote because you still could be overaggressive Scum, according to what people have said about your playstyle.
In post 183, Cho wrote:It's not like everything Scum say is textbook-scummy. And it's not like everything Town does is "by the book". I've been hoping this whole time that your blind aggression comes from Scum for sanity's sake, but with so many people saying you read as Town, I want to be stubborn with my read but I know I need to concede in some way at some point or another. So you're Null for now.
In post 186, Cho wrote:Yes, I did scumread you. As most of my posts afterward have already explained, though, I've mellowed on that read.
In post 187, Cho wrote:And I suppose this is where I let go of it.

UNVOTE:

Still Null at the moment, but not necessarily Scum. I don't know if I'll be able to fully trust people saying you're Town, because again I can't take you as a townread for aggression alone, which feels like it's the case for some others.
In these posts, I either hinted or explicitly said that after the initial discussion, I came to read you as Null.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish by insisting I'm scumreading you? That I'm not allowed to develop my reads? Just because I'm still reading Elyse as Town doesn't mean I still have to necessarily read you as Scum.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Cho »

I misread and thought T S O was addressing me.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:50 am

Post by Cho »

Explain beetlejuicing as you see it. Pretend I'm a true Townsperson.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Cho »

In post 192, Cho wrote:I misread and thought T S O was addressing me.
Apparently, twice.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:06 am

Post by Cho »

In post 197, Egg wrote:That's twice you've popped back up as soon as someone says your name.
Assuming this was addressed to me, and not T S O, I don't think this applies to me. Probably because being the largest wagon at the moment, my name is coming up all the time anyway. It's gotten to a point where just looking for posts with my name in them when I'm in a rush leads me to glancing at most of the posts anyway.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:11 am

Post by Cho »

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Cho »

In post 202, Cho wrote:
Oh, I'm sorry, that was just me being struck speechless by your shameless misrepresentation.

Preview edit:

Egg
, I was lurking prior to 144. We've already discussed this.

My burst in posting now is because I have the time to do so, as opposed to my inactivity prior to 177.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:19 am

Post by Cho »

I was brought up to speak when spoken to, except for when clubbing or hide-and-seek is involved.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by Cho »

I'm on my phone with only a bit of time to spare, so no quotes.

Elyse is right about confirmation bias. I think at times it also goes a bit further than just ignoring what doesn't support the tunneling, but instead actively trying to read everything they say as coming from a scum perspective rather than trying to actually analyze it from either perspective.

I already explained, once again, that there was a period where I lurked prior to my "list" post. In my next series of posts after that, I mentioned that from my "list" post to that point, I was inactive. Please actually read that.

Riptide, I like wordplay. So when T S O said my lurking made me a scumfuck, I copied that and changed town to scum. Because a good part of that post was a direct response to T S O.

Yeah, I'm saying he's town for his aggression and then scum for his aggression. I typed that out as I thought about it. As I see it his aggression can be seen as town and insulting other players like he did doesn't exactly make friends. In other words I feel like scum have more of an incentive to buddy.

Right afterward, I said that I couldn't just say he was town because of that and that he could still be scum because of meta reasons and that hyper aggression for him is not a concrete town tell. I've played with him before.

Then I said I would decide to list him as a null read, but that I hoped he was scum. If you want me to explain this too, it means that I hope in the end I was initially right to vote him.

To summarize, in my list post I recognized that my vote was probably OMGUS, but I liked it because I didn't like his play. He wasn't in any danger of a lynch, so you could call that me being in limbo.

In the same post I said why he could be town, why he could be scum, and that a null read was easier for me to settle with.

You can't say I'm contradicting myself on my T S O read. I'm not.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by Cho »

That's a lot longer than it felt like.

Something I forgot: when you put pressure on town you can't expect them not to feel it. I avoided posting so quickly after that initial push. So what?

Asking "why would town lurk under pressure" as if the no brainer answer is "they wouldn't" is ridiculous.

Feeling the pressure to look town, and not to "scumslip" so people have something to attack me with, right now.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #27) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:54 am

Post by Cho »

So, because I'm an alt, I'm not allowed to feel just as pressured as town? I lurk with pressure as either alignment. This time I happen to be town. (It'd be almost as easy to say I only lurk as town because as scum I value my gameplay more, but let's just not talk about that.)

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:59 am

Post by Cho »

I also could have originally lied in and said I was inactive instead of lurking. But that didn't happen either.

And now a large part of the conversation is focused on that as reason to scumread me, which I could have easily avoided if I was scum. But, again, I'm town and I'm admitting to have lurked.
In post 181, Cho wrote:
1)
You're saying it's not Town, and of course, I disagree. There is a huge difference between what Town
should
do and what Town often
does
do. You're right in that I shouldn't have lurked earlier (the gap between these series of posts and my previous ones was due to a combination of hangovers and my schedule), but the fact remains that I did. And while you're right in that it's something Scum would do, you're also wrong in thinking Town wouldn't.
This is also the quote earlier that I was talking about. I lurked prior to 144. Then in between then and my next series of posts, I was inactive. People should probably stop saying my read on T S O and my explanation of this contradict themselves; they don't.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:02 am

Post by Cho »

Didn't see the end of last page. I'll respond to Rubicon whenever I get back online. Busy day.

Oh, and I'm also debating whether or not I should vote Riptide. Partially because I'm kind of tired of their misrepresentative attacks on me, partially because it's the biggest wagon besides mine. Any thoughts? Would you call me out as scummy for being survivalistic, or are Town not allowed to want to avoid guaranteed mislynches?

Bye.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:26 am

Post by Cho »

Egg, yes, I'm an alt. Doesn't mean I'm immune to pressure. I also explained earlier that one of the other factors leading to my lurking is because I don't like dealing with what I saw as tunneling that wouldn't stop no matter what I said (what I was referring to my confirmation bias).

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:31 am

Post by Cho »

In post 258, Jargonaut wrote:
In post 254, Cho wrote:Didn't see the end of last page. I'll respond to Rubicon whenever I get back online. Busy day.

Oh, and I'm also debating whether or not I should vote Riptide. Partially because I'm kind of tired of their misrepresentative attacks on me, partially because it's the biggest wagon besides mine. Any thoughts? Would you call me out as scummy for being survivalistic, or are Town not allowed to want to avoid guaranteed mislynches?

Bye.
So you find Riptide scummy for their arguments against you? Isn't TSO making the same arguments?

Also, FYI that last Cho vote put her at L-1.
UNVOTE:

VOTE: Riptide

It's not as simple as you make it out to be; there's a difference.

I
can
read T S O as town because of his aggression and the fact that most of the things he's choosing to argue about in terms of the scumread on me are, at the very least, original.

I'm scumreading Riptide because their arguments against me tend to just rehash a lot of the same points; it looks as if they're just repeating T S O's stance. This also stems a bit from what Elyse has been arguing against them with.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #32) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:37 am

Post by Cho »

And "a distinct lack of anything resembling scumhunting"- really? When I'm trying to defend myself from accusations, I need to focus on that; there's so much criticism of me that I need to respond to that it's not like there's that much time for me to focus on anything else.

Even then, I
have
been scumhunting apart from looking at T S O's cases on me.

I looked at The Betting Pool and stated I thought they were slightly scummy but for potentially flawed reasons.

I think Jargonaut is still fairly scummy for what feels like overly-detached and just "there" posting, if you can kind of understand what I mean.

I affirmed that I still think Elyse is town from her posts.

And I think Riptide is probably scum for trying to point out contradictions that don't even exist. This is probably a stronger reason for my read than them basically just getting behind T S O's read.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:38 am

Post by Cho »

Hello N, sorry, but I was voting Jargonaut in the votecount up there, not Durhamganger.

Fixed.
-N
Last edited by N on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #34) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:44 am

Post by Cho »

In post 248, Rubicon wrote:
In post 27, Cho wrote:I am 100% confident that Cho, Elyse, and mnemonicdevice are Town for their votes. Accordingly, they are now Town Day 1 Unlynchables.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: MTD
This post comes so close to being something I approve of, yet somehow falls so short.

You state here that you were deliberately exaggerating your reads on these players:
In post 181, Cho wrote:
3)
I'm "backing off" because I made an RVS statement meant to come off as a strong read, even though I knew myself that it wasn't concrete at all. I don't particularly like this point either because I'm both going to be called Scum for using the buzzword, and called Scum for admitting it was a buzzword.
You must have known this whole series of early posts would attract attention. So why did you want that attention? What were you hoping to achieve by making exaggerated statements like this?
Because I like attention, to a certain extent before it gets into irritating tunneling. I enjoy RVS, but at the same time I like to make oddly strong statements in it. Consider it a playstyle thing.

Looking back at RVS now. My statement being the only thing from RVS addressed in general as opposed to the other calls of "confirmed scum" and whatnot feels a bit... not sure how to explain it. I think what I'm trying to say is that there are probably other RVS tryharding moments that could have been analyzed as well. Ah well, too late.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:46 am

Post by Cho »

In post 32, Cho wrote:As a result, Cho, Elyse, and mnemonicdevice are exempt from much of my suspicion for today, provided that they don't royally fuck up, of course!
What are your current reads on Elyse and mnemonicdevice? (I won't bother asking for your current read on Cho. :wink: )
I'm townreading Elyse. She's actually making sense.

I don't really have a read on mnemonicdevice any more. He kind of stopped posting anything and fell under the radar... and his ISO reveals 4 posts today total.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #36) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:46 am

Post by Cho »

And even though you didn't ask, I'm null leaning town on Cho.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #37) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:48 am

Post by Cho »

In post 40, Cho wrote:Lastly, why should we assume that this game is or isn't multiball? Regardless, you'll never be conftown, because you're being quite mean right now.
Cho, please explain this comment.
I can't find any context for it, and when asked about it earlier, you never responded.
In post 34, T S O wrote:When she flips scum I'm conftown, by the way.
In post 40, Cho wrote:Lastly, why should we assume that this game is or isn't multiball? Regardless, you'll never be conftown, because you're being quite mean right now.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #38) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:51 am

Post by Cho »

In post 44, Cho wrote:
Riptide
, yes, of course! Their votes and posts simply looked so comfortable. It certainly doesn't look like scum forcing themselves to play along with town's "true RVS" game, as may happen when scum are trying to choose whether to place their first vote on a teammate or not!

Of course, this isn't a concrete towntell, as I've already explained. But I like their votes, and so far I like Elyse's style!
Was this serious?

If you're scum, this looks like you're deliberately creating WIFOMy interactions with Elyse and mnemonicdevice in case your over-the-top posts get you lynched. I don't understand why you, if town, would be doing this, but feel free to explain it if you can.
It was serious at the time. Then I realized the reasoning was silly.

I liked how they didn't bother playing into silly RVS reasons, but at the very least just got into a vote. I still do think scum are more likely to force themselves to try and make RVS jokes, though.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #39) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:51 am

Post by Cho »

try and make awkward RVS jokes*

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #40) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:55 am

Post by Cho »

In post 47, Cho wrote:But while I'm not allowing myself to completely exclude those players, Elyse in particular, from potentially being scum, I
am
allowing myself the small luxury of feeling like I can trust them for the time being. (Meaning, I'm not going to bother myself in trying to envision scenarios where they could be scum, at least for Day 1.)
Why not? As an approach to the game of mafia, what do you gain by ignoring certain players during Day 1? (This is a serious question.) It's ironic because the more you say you're ignoring those players the more I want to hear you give detailed, concrete thoughts about them.
Well, today is slightly like how I expect most Mini Day 1s to go: the potential lynches are only a part of the playerlist. Ignoring isn't the best way to put it. It's more like recognizing that because of my early townreads on these players, I'll probably want to focus on scumhunting and voting more on other slots.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #41) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:56 am

Post by Cho »

In post 53, Cho wrote:
MTD:
I tend to see a vote without explanation in RVS as a good thing, shockingly enough, as I also think scum are more likely to overanalyze every early move they make. I know that in my own early non-replacement scum games, I deliberated over where I would place my RVS vote, what kind of joke I would attempt to use to explain it, and so on. Seeing a naked vote is refreshing. I won't deny that the repeated questioning on this point and player in particular is making me less confident on my stance there, but that was what I saw at the time.
I have trouble believing you think naked votes are a town tell.
RVS naked votes. I find RVS interactions that look awkward and like "fake scumhunting" to be less appealing.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #42) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Cho »

In post 238, Burning_Earth wrote:
In post 188, Elyse wrote:
In post 169, Riptide wrote:Someone please engage me. Apathy is starting to infect me.

TBP - Do you have any other thoughts besides on Cho?

- Dice
My point exactly.

Also I'm back to townreading Cho.
In post 231, Elyse wrote:@TSO
I went town->null->town on Cho. I didn't like the post I said I didn't like and then I thought his most recent post outlining his concerns about Jargonaut seemed very townie. I don't necessarily agree with it, but he's taking the initiative and trying to find scum, something Riptide has continued to fail to do.

Also, why does confirmation bias make someone scum?
barn these posts
Did you mean burn, and if so, why are Elyse's posts bad?

Not sure what else you could mean here but burn.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #43) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:04 am

Post by Cho »

In post 256, Dunhamganger wrote:continuing to trot out the same "But I already TOLD you guys I'm town!" defense over and over and over.
I also forgot to respond to this. This was the defense I gave prior to your vote: "I'm Town because I could have just said I was inactive instead of saying I was lurking, which anyone knows is a textbook scumtell. I willingly brought that upon myself." That's nothing at all like just saying "I'm Town" outright, which I did do earlier, but the post you were replying to doesn't apply.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (isolation #44) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by Cho »

Haha!

Arden

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”