yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:05 am

Post by yellowbounder »

ChannelDelibird wrote:StallingChamp has requested that while he is away his vote be proxied to Glork.
This is in order
, and will be in effect until StallingChamp's next post.
*cough*THIMUN influences*cough*
Amb wrote:You know the idea of speed-lynching the person who said "QUICKLYNCHQUICKLYNCHQUICKLYNCH" is really appealing.
Amb is obviously a protown player.

Vote: blahgo
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #63 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:27 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Unvote:blahgo
since Random Voting is over.

My view of this proxy arugment.

It's not much, and if it was done to generate discussion, then it certainly worked.

If StallingChamp sees fit to proxy his vote, then he can. We have full numbers, and so the chances that the proxy vote could be used as a double vote is unlikely, as well as highlighting Glork as scum if he attempted it.

And point, is there a difference between scum and scummy?
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #134 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:29 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Okay, I'm posting.

I've looked at Amb, and he seems... slightly off. There's something possibly too joking, not serious enough about him, which gives out a slight scum feel. It's a tiny hunch, but I'll vote on my hunch, because it might produce some interesting results.

I've also just realised that this is McDonald's Mafia and no one has posted their McDonald preferences. Quarter pounder all the way.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #135 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:29 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Vote: Amb
because I forgot to.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #206 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:05 am

Post by yellowbounder »

I'm posting.
Worship me.

Glork wrote:
Frozen Atlantic wrote:Seriously, town.
Stop letting this dude think for you.
It's embarrassing.
Why is Glork quoting this? Is he putting it in context? :shock:
DragonsofSummer wrote:*Sigh* well at least you have a power role to claim... being a normal townie sucks in these situations.
DragonsofSummer wrote:
pete d wrote:a flavor might help?
I didn't really even have one. It just said that I was a scared customer.
Vanilla townie is a bad thing to claim you could argue, since it rarely saves you from lynch, and if you survive the wagon, then arugeably scum will not pick you for a random night kill, in order to increase the likelyhood of hitting a power role.

Scum also tend to claim townie, since there is no legitimate counterclaim, (unless the game is open, the number of vanillas are known, and that number have already claimed, or something like that), but that doesn't automatically make DoS scum, it just raises an eyebrow on my part.

Let's look, like Amb has done for himself, at what happens if we lynch DoS.

If DoS is town (assuming he is telling the truth, since if he is town, why would he lie?*), then we shouldn't lynch him,since we kill a townie, decreasing the town, and increasing the chance of a power role being hit by a random nightkill. **

Although I am suspisious of anyone making a townie claim, for my above mentioned reasons, DoS seems fairly protown ish to me.

If some one disagrees, then my all means quote the suspicious posts
in context
. Nothing sucks more than your posts being taken out of context.

* If he had some sort of you-claim-you-lose power role, or some sort of thing, like a cop who doesn't want to be nightkilled, then possibly he could be lying. But I'm discounting this.

** Amb may have claimed, so if he isn't scum, doctors are generally targeted. Or he could be purposefully not targetted by scum, which causes us to lynch him since the scum didn't kill him. ***

*** Yes, this is WIFOM. That's why I didn't mention it directly.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #209 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:11 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Glork wrote: Amb, do you have a name?
Flavour speculation: Well, since people in McDonalds don't have name tags, then people in McDonald's mafia wouldn't have names! Or not, as the case may be!

[/pointless speculation about theme]
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #230 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:06 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Despite the general feeling against him, I haven't seen anything I perceive as scummy from DoS, and for some gut feeling, I'm inclined to believe his claim.

Unvote: Amb

I'm very unsure where to place my vote. I haven't seen anything glaringly scummy, so far at least.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #260 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:21 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Why is it so vital to Amb that he can't reveal who he protected last night?

Since he's already claimed doc, (and stays alive overnight?*), what's so risky about revealing your choice? Am I missing something obvious? We can't verify the claim anyhow (short of a suicidal scum revealing all).

* Here we go into a WIFOM argument about whether the scum are trying to make us suspitious, or if Amb is scum ect.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #307 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:36 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

I think Frozen Atlantic is implying that you are the second scum, PP.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #323 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:53 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Glork wrote:
yellowbounder wrote:I think Frozen Atlantic is implying that you are the second scum, PP.
Observant little bugger, aren't ya?
I pride myself on my keen observation skills.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #337 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:27 am

Post by yellowbounder »

I may be asking too many questions, but "bussing a scum buddy"?
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #445 (isolation #11) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:47 am

Post by yellowbounder »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote: pete d, yellowbounder, machiavellian-mafia, now a ranger, does your flavor include a
reason
that you came to McDonald's?
Answering this question is a tiny bit like claiming, is it not?
Or at least this is trying to understand patterns in Role PMs.
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:yellowbounder - one of my top scum suspects. Generally unhelpful to the town: seldomly expressed his suspicions on scum, goes off topic in some of his posts, seems to be confused a lot, and most recently made one-liner posts, which in my view is lurking in plain sight.
I've said what I think, and tried to express my views to the town. I don't have very many. I'm an off topic sort of person, but I don't really see where this is coming from. Is it wrong to ask questions?
now a ranger wrote: Yes, Yellowbounder is on the top of my scummy list too!
Vote: Yellowbounder
This post is almost immediately afterwards. It consists of: "Yeah! What he said!". Seriously, what?
now a ranger wrote: Yellowbounder: didn't want to lynch DoS . Somehow said that he thought DoS seemed pro-town. Why on earth would he think that? asked AMb what her result was after night 1, which was plain stupid and scummy
DoS didn't seem scummy to me. But please remember that we are now looking back with the crystal clear glasses of hindsight, and thus what seems obvious now, didn't seem obvious then.*

Frankly I am unimpressed by now a ranger's play,
Vote: now a ranger
(and that stays when he is replaced, obviously).

* If I wanted to raise a fabulous WIFOM argument I would, but I don't think you could use WIFOM as a defense.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #449 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:52 am

Post by yellowbounder »

DeanWinchester wrote:We should not vote NAR right this minute and see what the replacement has to say.
There was a time where I replaced another guy, and because of his actions, everyone thought I was scum, despite actually being a townie.

I suppose I've been there, so maybe I'll
Unvote: not a ranger
but
IGMEOU: not a ranger's replacment
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #456 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:18 am

Post by yellowbounder »

In Day 1 there was a niggling suspicion about Amb, since I was slightly suspicious of why a Doc would claim on Day 1. I'm not sure about anyone at the moment no.

And StallingChamp, I can find no definitive point where you talked about DoS, you mentioned it before and after my post.

And
Vote: StallingChamp
. Last time I checked, not bothering to read through the thread was bad form, if nothing else. So, my vote visits you.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #472 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:20 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Amb wrote:If you are wondering about participation - I have been on holiday - and away from my PC. Coming in in dribs and drabs. To be honest, im struggling a tad as well to be motivated when my death is up soon (be it by overnight kill or lynch)
Cheer up, it's not all that bad.
Glork wrote:What the counterclaimer thinks has nothing to do with it. If Dean is telling the truth, his opinion is no better or worse than anybody else's. I don't see why you're insistent on putting so much weight on "but the counterclaimer says there could be two!" The only thing that says to me is "if PP *does* turn up scum, DW is definitely scum, and he's trying to pre-emptively explain himself." Still, everything I'm seeing points to PP being scum right now.
Can you tell me why you find PP so scummy, enough to make you to vote a claimed cop?
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #476 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:01 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:
pete d wrote:@MM: how can PP prove her claim? if she is scum, she'll just make up a result and pretend to be naive or paranoid or whatever.
e.g. she gets guilty result and the person gets lynched and turns out scum.

If she continues to give suspicious results we can evaluate her at that later point. My main point about PP is that she should get a chance to prove herself when her claim has legit flavor and the counterclaimer didn't even say she's scum.
I don't see too much with checking for poison, or checking in the pockets. To me that's standard.
A way to probably confirm the flavor is to have someone killed by scum, assuming they use poison. That's not something we want, but it's probably going to happen at some point. Although, if PP was scum, then she would also know the method of dispatch.
Amb wrote:No the holiday in the sun by a lake and several volcanoes was actually pretty good. I want to go back already
You misunderstand. I was talking about you speculating about your death. But nice holiday, anyhow.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #488 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:34 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Amb wrote:My title is Obese Customer. I am a doctor because I steal the poisoned burgers being fed to the mafia victims and eat them. My body is so well adjusted to eating junk food that the poisons just get filtered through[, and the victim goes hungry for the night but survives.

I'm just pointing out the recurring theme of poison here. Amb used poison to describe role before PP, since Amb claimed before PP.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #495 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

[quote="Amb]Frozen Atlantic 6/10: Argues that YB is scum with this brilliant elaboration: 'Yellowbounder: Town----------Scummy---Scum '. Well... Actually I have honestly no idea what he is arguing. Maybe he was arguing town? Claimed Vigilante/Roleblocker. Doesnt believe the cop claim. Hard to know because a block today on PP could prevent another kill but could likewise prevent us gaining important information. Could be a claim to attract doc protection, but roleblocker is too hard to fake out. Will be telling the truth about role. But cant tell about alignment. Enshrouded doubt puts FrAt up the list.[/quote]

If I may be so bold to say that was Frozen Atlantic explaining the difference between scummy and scum, and their various levels.

I'm assuming the X/10 is scummyness or something or other.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #514 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:31 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

A reitteration of
Mod: Vote Count
?

And TCS, you say you've an offering?
The game seems to have stalled somewhat. If we're not careful the mod could grab his deadline stamp.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #521 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:00 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Since I am now one vote from lynch, I may as well make my death speech. Or something along those lines.

I agree with the people who say that you should keep an eye on Glork, since he could quite easily be scum, hiding under a neutral pretext. However, he has made some very good arguments, and is a constructive player.

Sticking to my earlier arguments, look for the cause of death due to mafia killings, as this might be important in verifing some of the flavour of a role claim, and thus the claim itself.

And is it just me, or has Mach Mafia been on my case as soon as he entered the game.

Oh yeah, and:

My claim is the townie. Vanilla. That's that.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #524 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:42 am

Post by yellowbounder »

My logic was, that even if you were not lynched thanks to your claim, the mafia would kill a claimed doc during the night. So, it's a lose lose situation you claiming.

Well that's what I thought.

And I thought a Big Mac without the middle bun would be a better comparison. I like Quarter Pounders
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #537 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:47 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Glork: In order to discuss the wording of the townie PM, I would have need to claim townie. There was no pressure of lynch, and showing your hand too soon is bad. I mean, the scum then know (assuming you're not lying) that you're not a powerrole, and so forth.

Flavour of townie PM? Well, it goes along the lines of the fact, that I'm unnerved by the whole thing. Despite only coming in for a Big Mac, it looks like I'm going to have to grab the pitch fork, and burning torch, since my vote is all I got.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #570 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:06 am

Post by yellowbounder »

A few points of reference. My last post.
yellowbounder wrote:Glork: In order to discuss the wording of the townie PM, I would have need to claim townie. There was no pressure of lynch, and showing your hand too soon is bad. I mean, the scum then know (assuming you're not lying) that you're not a powerrole, and so forth.

Flavour of townie PM? Well, it goes along the lines of the fact, that I'm unnerved by the whole thing. Despite only coming in for a Big Mac, it looks like I'm going to have to grab the pitch fork, and burning torch, since my vote is all I got.
StallingChamp wrote:Okay, a few questions for yellowbounder:

1 - How are you feeling right now (according to your PM)?
2 - What did you want a McDonalds?
3 - What did you do about the threat?

Answer these in your next post.
What did you want a McDonalds, as a sentence, does not make any sense. What did I want at McDonalds, I've already answered. What did you you do about the threat is in past tense. So, unless you're referring to my play in game, this doesn't make sense in the context of the role PM.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
now a ranger wrote:Also, TCS, if you still think I am scum, who do you think I am with? What do you think of Amb? How about PP or YB? Are you really that sure that YB is a townie just giving YB the benefit of the doubt?
I retract the FOS on you for unvoting Yellowbounder. I'm not sure that doing so makes you confirmed town if YB is town... I still dislike Zarvok's Day 1 play enough to still be suspicious of you.

I'm pretty sure at this point that YB is a townie. I would like him to be more precise about his Role PM, if possible.

I'm suspicious of all claimed power roles at this moment... but I doubt that all scum would have claimed pro-town power by now, so I am focusing on those that are unclaimed... hence yourself, and previously YB.
I think my previous claim was bordering far too close on the edge of quoting anyway, so putting any more detail is impossible without quoting. Which is bad.
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:Yellowbounder, can you elaborate on your vanilla claim (e.g. role name, flavor, win condition?)
I've already elaborated myself as a customer in search of McDonald's products. Like most townies, I want to kill scums with my vote, since at night I have no use.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #571 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:07 am

Post by yellowbounder »

And on a completely unrelated side note: Is this a rather long Day 2?
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #580 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:49 am

Post by yellowbounder »

The smilies are limited. In internet speak the appropriate phrase would be: WTF.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #585 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:53 am

Post by yellowbounder »

That section of the post was not supposed to imply any form of emotional context, as I guessed that this was some sort of joke on Glork's part that I had failed to get.

So, in answer to your question, no I was not freaked out, just mildly confused, as to the meaning, and what the joke was.
now a ranger wrote:YB's hesitance to answer questions thoroughly worries me and makes me doubt that he's town sometimes....
Is this coming from the guy who wanted to hammer me two pages back? I mean, doesn't this imply you consider me town?

SIDENOTE: StallingChamp and DeanWinchester, why haven't you guys got avatars? I sometimes get confused between the two of you thanks to the similarity of your names.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #608 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:36 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

bah, go town
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #613 (isolation #27) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:54 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Come on CD, do it, before MeMe gets here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”